Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Wasn’t she the one who did the jump split at a pre-game rehearsal when they never do? Shows signs of a dancer with concentration issues. 

That was she in S12.  In S13, she was shown flubbing the kick line in rehearsals the same evening that Savannah and Tara made errors in sidelines.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

@M1977G I've been wondering about that as well. I've been trying to recall if there was ever another instance of one of the Rookies or even a Vet experiencing a personal loss while in training camp, but I can't think of one. Given how close Shaina was to those who died, I'm sure there were instances of her emotions getting to her. She probably could make the request to not have it be focused on, but if CMT wants to show it she may not be able to prevent it. I would hope that Kelli & Judy would try to lessen any scrutiny on her as they must know how hard it must be for her to be going through the loss of her friends. I wonder if she was able to go to the funerals.

She was not able to attend.  One of her sorority sisters and fellow Golden Girls facetimed with her for the one service so she could be a part of it.  My daughter graduated with them in May.

2 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere or other, but why was Cassie never point?  I mean, we'll never know the actual why but what do y'all think?

She wasn't a strong dancer and had several knee injuries.  I mean, if you look at who she came in with her rookie year - Whitney, Kelsi, Brittney E.  They were better dancers and competed for their respective studios.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She wasn't a strong dancer and had several knee injuries.  I mean, if you look at who she came in with her rookie year - Whitney, Kelsi, Brittney E.  They were better dancers and competed for their respective studios.

Wayyyyy better dancers! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wouldn't it be great if they could have a concert at ATT Stadium, give each DCC plenty of room, kill the poms, the boots and the power pom style, and just let them dance?  Do the tricks they do for SG auditions that they never get to do again.  Perform the leaps, pirouettes, fouettes, etc that they show off in solos.  

That would be amazing!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wouldn't it be great if they could have a concert at ATT Stadium, give each DCC plenty of room, kill the poms, the boots and the power pom style, and just let them dance?

I wish I could have given this post both the "heart" and "light bulb," so I settled for "heart." 🙂   It seemed weird.  I know that's all their signature, but IMO for a performance like that it looked like they were "cheering" for Queen.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

I have to say, Kelcy looks good as a brunette, she stands out more than when she was blond. 

Also, there is a small snippet where you see Caroline dancing on Instastories. A few girls posted it for those that wanted to see. I absolutely think they were strategic in where they placed everyone and I think it's interesting that Gina was behind Rachel. Our of the 4 senior girls I'd like to see Heather, but I would love to see some of the 2nd year girls up there too. 

As much as I hate to say it because I'm pulling for her I'm afraid Lily being in that group isn't good. She seems like such a sweet supportive girl and worked hard taking classes all year. 

Screenshot_20190724-172832_Instagram.jpg

I love Kat but do NOT like her cut off shorts and pantyhose outfit.  That would be a Belk's fashion "DON'T".  🙂

• Love 5

My formation wish list:

Maddie at point

Heather and Amy flanking her on either side

Tess finishing out the diamond.

the next line: Bridget, Brennan, Briana ( my triple B trifecta 🙂 ) 

Will it happen this way? No...I'm 100% certain on that...but hey 🙂 a gal can dream !! 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, cgloss said:

My issue with Amy, Heather and even Maddie at point is that they don't seem to be consistent in their dance performance. We've seen them absolutely kill some dances, and in other dances they will look unimpressive. Some on the board were just fretting about Heather's so-so performance during show group auditions only a couple of weeks ago. Kashara was too sloppy for my taste to be point, but she was never flat in her dancing. I would hope K&J would pick someone for point who could dial it up and keep it dialed up every time.

Like Nicole Hamilton.  She was the first point girl on the big jumbotron and she rocked it every time.  They had a variety of pregame music back then too.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Like Nicole Hamilton.  She was the first point girl on the big jumbotron and she rocked it every time.  They had a variety of pregame music back then too.

Nicole Hamilton will ALWAYS be the best point ever followed by KaShara (who may not have been the most technical dancer but she had sass and spark!)!  

• Love 21
14 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

@M1977G I've been wondering about that as well. I've been trying to recall if there was ever another instance of one of the Rookies or even a Vet experiencing a personal loss while in training camp, but I can't think of one. Given how close Shaina was to those who died, I'm sure there were instances of her emotions getting to her. She probably could make the request to not have it be focused on, but if CMT wants to show it she may not be able to prevent it. I would hope that Kelli & Judy would try to lessen any scrutiny on her as they must know how hard it must be for her to be going through the loss of her friends. I wonder if she was able to go to the funerals.

May I ask about the tragedy?  What happened to Shaina regarding the plane crash?  I didn't see anything about a crash?

Just now, MimiC said:

May I ask about the tragedy?  What happened to Shaina regarding the plane crash?  I didn't see anything about a crash?

She lost some close friends/sorority sisters in a helicopter crash a few weeks ago.  

18 hours ago, J-R said:

They need to put Bridget at point and move on.... 🙂

I saw a photo where she looked like point in San Diego.  I think she was Pro Bowl too so there's hope for Bridget.

This reminds me of the lady who was a pro bowler and top girl with the KC Chiefs.  She was really pretty and Kelli treated her like crap.  She asked her why try out for DCC if you were so great in KC?  I felt like it was a stupid question if the DCC are the gold standard.  I don't think Kelli treated pro bowlers Jackie Bob or Bridget that way so what was it?  They said she was a stiff dancer, but there was no reason to crap on her.  I wanted her to make it.

• Love 10
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I saw a photo where she looked like point in San Diego.  I think she was Pro Bowl too so there's hope for Bridget.

This reminds me of the lady who was a pro bowler and top girl with the KC Chiefs.  She was really pretty and Kelli treated her like crap.  She asked her why try out for DCC if you were so great in KC?  I felt like it was a stupid question if the DCC are the gold standard.  I don't think Kelli treated pro bowlers Jackie Bob or Bridget that way so what was it?  They said she was a stiff dancer, but there was no reason to crap on her.  I wanted her to make it.

That was Ashley Paige...I liked her too...she would have been a good DCC.  She was beautiful, her eyes were incredible,  but like you said, they never really seemed to care for her, they  thought she was stiff and they said she waddled.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5

Here's another option. Just mix it way the heck up and put Hannah at point. The girl slayed during the Queen performance.

I know her look isn't for everyone but I think she's stunning in many of her photographs. She could easily have print modeling in her future.

Then stand back & watch this forum implode. 😂

(and yes, I know the likelihood of this happening is marginal, lol)

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
24 minutes ago, Kayce said:

That was Ashley Paige...I liked her too...she would have been a good DCC.  She was beautiful, her eyes were incredible,  but like you said, they never really seemed to care for her, they  thought she was stiff and they said she waddled.  

I was rooting for her!  I completely agree with you that she would have been a good DCC.  I think they took Morgan that year instead . . . not completely sure . . .

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Here's another option. Just mix it way the heck up and put Hannah at point. The girl slayed during the Queen performance.

I know her look isn't for everyone but I think she's stunning in many of her photographs. She could easily have print modeling in her future.

I could really see Hannah in the "diamond" position... directly behind point.  She's tall, a stunner, a red head ("diversity" lol), and such a great performer.  

• Love 12
20 hours ago, go4luca said:

Although I feel for Gina, it doesn't bother me to see strong dancers up front of other 3rd years.  The new 2nd years are extremely strong and although Rachel W. is not a fav of mine, @LaurenBrook knows this 😉😘, I do 100% agree she is stronger this year.  Good for her.  It brings up the overall caliber of the squad when a girl improves on her previous year.

I think seniority has its place in certain areas, but just my humble opinion, the stronger dancers, no matter their year - especially if they can handle it, deserve being in the spotlight.

No I agree with what you’re saying! I just meant that Lexie can’t be a contender for point if she was behind a 2nd year in this formation. And as for Rachel, I agree she’s improved but no one can convince me she’s better than Gina, Bridget and Hanna. She got the spot mostly due to her face. At least I appreciate the effort she put into improving so i don’t mind her jumping ahead.

17 hours ago, RockYou said:

Yes Bridgets got spunk and will dance with a cute little fire. But she looks like a high school cheerleader!!! For god sakes this is  pro dance and the look needs to be a polished woman . Not spunky cute high school look!!!

Goodness she’s on the team but she’s NOT point material 

Well for me Maddie looks high school age. Bridget absolutely looks older, but instead of Hannah’s kind of sexiness she’s more on the cute/girl next door side. 

13 hours ago, botymolly said:

She was not able to attend.  One of her sorority sisters and fellow Golden Girls facetimed with her for the one service so she could be a part of it.  My daughter graduated with them in May.

I truly hope she’s not one of the last cuts. I’m sorry but they have to be awful people if they can’t excuse someone for such an important reason but Yuko was able to miss 2 rehearsals.

• Love 11

I have always been rooting for Christina and I was happy she finally made the team. Even though there were credible reports and info about her locker room demeanor and not being a team player and all that, I just ignored it. But after seeing this video of them rehearsing and marking the dance from Kristi’s twitter, I am appalled by her attitude. I just get the sense of entitlement and finally understand the negative attitude that people get from her.  And I think there was one part where she wasn’t even doing the dance right. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I have always been rooting for Christina and I was happy she finally made the team. Even though there were credible reports and info about her locker room demeanor and not being a team player and all that, I just ignored it. But after seeing this video of them rehearsing and marking the dance from Kristi’s twitter, I am appalled by her attitude. I just get the sense of entitlement and finally understand the negative attitude that people get from her.  And I think there was one part where she wasn’t even doing the dance right. 

*comes out from my rock where trolls hang out* And that’s why blond Casey Anthony is in tha back. I wonder how she feels going into year three and she’s still in the back when rookies are upfront *hides back under rock* 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

She’s acting like she really doesn’t want to be there 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She’s acting like she really doesn’t want to be there 

She's acting like a Mean Girl, "You can't sit with us!"

image.png

Edited by rl27rl
23 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I think there was one part where she wasn’t even doing the dance right. 

It looked like she wasn't doing the dance right in almost the entire clip.  I didn't think she looked entitled, I thought she looked lost!  NOT GOOD for a going-on 3 year vet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It looked like she wasn't doing the dance right in almost the entire clip.  I didn't think she looked entitled, I thought she looked lost!  NOT GOOD for a going-on 3 year vet.

I was thinking the same thing...not a good impression to make.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Oh, yeah! Hannah killed it! Along with Cici, Bridget and Maddie!

Ciana's facials were a little much in that one video. Normally I like her, but it looked like she was trying too hard.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Pink-n-Green said:

@scorpio1031 and @LincolnCentMe, you say that as if dance ability is more important than who your friends and family are!

I mean it was obvious she made the team and SG largely because of her Mom, but that's not enough to make her point. She was dancing with Whitney and Mia, both powerhouse dancers. I don't think anyone really expected her to have that position, she was still in the triangle though and that was being gracious.

(it's been discussed at length in the former DCC thread) 

• Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

What a great pic!!!

Bridget and Lexie look great in the third shot...Gina...looks a little rough (and that's not just because I don't like her look...which it's well documented that I don't 😛 She just looks bad.)

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Wow there is a lot of reaching here lol. I just think she's marking it in her head her own way.

Agree.  As for the ones on the far side of the room, they barely have room to move let alone mark.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Bridget and Lexie look great in the third shot...Gina...looks a little rough (and not that's not just because I don't like her look.  She looks bad.)

She doesn’t look as good as the other 2 because she’s in the shadows and was blinking. Just an unfortunate consequence of when and where the photo was taken.

• Love 2
On 7/24/2019 at 2:49 AM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I'm dying to know what the formation is this year! I'm keeping myself awake thinking about it. Lol wondering who is gonna move up, and is anyone going to be moved back? Will the new vets on show group get moved up? Will the new rookies be up further like the 5 last year?

I think we know who will be up at the front, Maddie, Gina, Amy, Tess, Heather, Daphne, Lexie, Bridget. I'm wondering if Alexis will still be in the back even though she's a 2GL/3rd year/one of the prettiest/most featured in promo stuff. Hopefully Jalyn will still get to be up there like last year. Ones I think will still be further back are Christina, Briana, the Rachels,  Miranda, Molly, Taylor. Well maybe not Rachel W because they seem to like her and all. Granted I can't remember exactly where everyone was last year.

I was thinking of the girls and counting and realized I completely forgot about Molly and Taylor and Erin being on the squad...crazy. ha oh and Alanna! Just remembered her. 

Since Rachel A made SG as well...I look for her to move up. 

• Love 2

I've watched the video with Queen several times. With the exception of a few of the girls in the back on the stage (Madeline, Erin, Miranda, Alexis and possibly a few others), it looks to me like most of the girls on the main stage are SG members. It took me quite some time to find Rachel A, but then I did. She was on the stage, but in the far back. 

I can't figure out if Brianna was there? On the upper stage, I have it figured out to be Brennan, Christina, with Molly and Savannah on the stairs. I can't figure out who else was on the elevated stage. Does anyone else have better eyes than me? Also, does it appear as if all the vets were there (driving me crazy that I can't find Brianna)?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She's not paying attention during practice in a cramped locker room, but there's at least 3 other girls (Hannah, Rachel W, Cianna) giving just as little effort off to the side.

I'll be the first to tell you Cristina is the weakest vet (along with Savannah) but crucify all if you're going to crucify one. lol

I have to agree. Dancers mark very differently. Some do the footwork full out, some just do arms and for some, it's more of a brain run-through. Christina is probably one of the latter ones.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Tarode said:

I've watched the video with Queen several times. With the exception of a few of the girls in the back on the stage (Madeline, Erin, Miranda, Alexis and possibly a few others), it looks to me like most of the girls on the main stage are SG members. It took me quite some time to find Rachel A, but then I did. She was on the stage, but in the far back. 

I can't figure out if Brianna was there? On the upper stage, I have it figured out to be Brennan, Christina, with Molly and Savannah on the stairs. I can't figure out who else was on the elevated stage. Does anyone else have better eyes than me? Also, does it appear as if all the vets were there (driving me crazy that I can't find Brianna)?

She was up on the platform I believe. I saw her in some clips but just barely and I want to say she was on the very end of the platform or closest to the steps going up to the platform 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Yep!  I agree 100%.  Hannah and Bridget are my favorites.  They have been from Day 1 last year.

• Love 7

So does anyone know if shaina chose not to attend the funerals due to finances/TC or if she was told she couldn’t miss by Kelli and Judy? Cuz if they wouldn’t let her go, that is all kinds of assholery that I won’t recover from..... but before I get all mad I’d like confirmation. Perhaps not going was Shaina’s choice. 

• Love 3