Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Jennv said:

For me it was when she turned to Jinelle , shooting daggers with her eyes, and said “ I just know that you’ve never had a weight problem “ it was said with such venom, and dare I say it, hatred. Up to that point all we had seen if Veruca was silly, hair pulling, overly bubbly immaturity, which is obnoxious, but not necessarily toxic. That one little moment showed that the friendly, bubbly puppy has a vicious side. 

That’s what nailed it for me as well. If she assumed Jinelle had never had a weight problem and therefore was going to ignore K&J’s directive to consult with her, why didn’t she express her thoughts at the time instead of nodding while knowing full well she was going to blow Jinelle off later? 

Also, how would VK even know Jinelle had never had a weight problem? Maybe Jinelle did when she was younger. But VK assumed and chose to ignore a directive that other TCCs would have been cut for ignoring and not taken back into training camp the next year. 

That’s ultimately what drives me nuts about the whole thing. But it doesn’t matter now. My main concern is that Jalyn survives unscathed but my gut tells me that isn’t going to happen. 😞

• Love 12

Hey everyone !! It’s finally getting time for the show to air 😁😁. I told myself I wasn’t going to look at spoilers this season but here I am !! I really don’t want to read through all the posts. Any chance someone can post an update of what training camp candidates have been cut so far ? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, jmarie said:

Hey everyone !! It’s finally getting time for the show to air 😁😁. I told myself I wasn’t going to look at spoilers this season but here I am !! I really don’t want to read through all the posts. Any chance someone can post an update of what training camp candidates have been cut so far ? 

Ashley H

Gina M (rookie, not vet)

Lauren L

Alexandra P

Bret M

(edited)

I’m pleasantly relieved  to see they softened Hannah’s look from “stripper” to mature NFL dancer and professional ambassador for the Dallas Cowboys. Wondering who will be the new stereotypical “stripper” look for the dirty old men fanzone?! 

Edited by RockYou
7 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I'm so excited to see this year's cameos now! 😊 All of the girls I seen featured on Social Media (basically all of the vets) looked amazing and hair and makeup looked great on everyone! How amazing does Hannah look with straight hair?! 😊 

IMG_20190723_134312.jpg

Hannah looks gorgeous!!!  This is the best I have ever seen her look.  She almost looks like a different person.

• Love 4

So only three cuts to go, and based on the show group audition video, I would have thought Meredith would be gone by now.  Unless she's improved since then, or she is this year's Malena - ie Kelli's favorite.

Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

Wait...when did Madeline get cut?

I would say last night??  Cause Shelly said 5 cuts so far this weekend.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

So only three cuts to go, and based on the show group audition video, I would have thought Meredith would be gone by now.  Unless she's improved since then, or she is this year's Malena - ie Kelli's favorite.

I would say last night??  Cause Shelly said 5 cuts so far this weekend.

I liked the 'Good Legacy'-concept! I also thought Madeline was sweet.

It isn't a surprise since she got together with Meredith Madden and Lily to listen to Melissa Rycroft's pseudo-psychology talk but it is none the less very unfortunate and sad. I hope she can make it next year!

• Love 3
(edited)
49 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Can someone also confirm about Madeline?

Yes, she has been cut, but there was no practice last night so it was prior to that.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bennie said:

Plus Madeline Salter.

16 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, she has been cut. 

Then here is the latest TCC grid. 

ETA:  Added "SG" next to those who made Show Group.

rookie candidates_SG inc 7.23.19 R1 .jpeg

Edited by go4luca
Updated TCC grid to include who made SG
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Please dear god cut Veruca...I actually want to enjoy this season without her being shoved down our throats. 

There is ZERO percent chance of Victoria being cut.  She doesn't deserve a spot, but she will definitely have one.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

There is ZERO percent chance of Victoria being cut.  She doesn't deserve a spot, but she will definitely have one.

I know, this is just me hoping something disastrous happens within the next few weeks.

Anyone remember that scene from Mean Girls where Kady fed "diet bars" to Regina to help her lose weight for her Prom dress...? Need an express order of those stat. Milkshake flavored. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bennie said:

Plus Madeline Salter.

I must say that I am a bit shocked to see how this latest cut has been communicated!

Madeline Grace Salter's cut, a genuine Good Legacy, wasn't dignified by a single post, but was tossed into a response like a half eaten chicken bone into a dog pit. Here you go!

Please, please, please insiders, put some consideration into it. Make a nice announcement post!

🙂

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I must say that I am a bit shocked to see how this latest cut has been communicated!

Madeline Grace Salter's cut, a genuine Good Legacy, wasn't dignified by a single post, but was tossed into a response like a half eaten chicken bone into a dog pit. Here you go!

Please, please, please insiders, put some consideration into it. Make a nice announcement post!

🙂

She was cut.  She’s not getting married or having a baby.  

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 18
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

That’s what nailed it for me as well. If she assumed Jinelle had never had a weight problem and therefore was going to ignore K&J’s directive to consult with her, why didn’t she express her thoughts at the time instead of nodding while knowing full well she was going to blow Jinelle off later? 

Also, how would VK even know Jinelle had never had a weight problem? Maybe Jinelle did when she was younger. But VK assumed and chose to ignore a directive that other TCCs would have been cut for ignoring and not taken back into training camp the next year. 

That’s ultimately what drives me nuts about the whole thing. But it doesn’t matter now. My main concern is that Jalyn survives unscathed but my gut tells me that isn’t going to happen. 😞

The scene with Jinelle and Victoria was extremely uncomfortable to watch ... here you have a size 0 putting someone with an obvious emotional eating habit on the spot... with cameras rolling .... I was cringing watching Victoria tell Jinelle that she was uncomfortable working with someone that never had a weight issue (They highlighted Jinelle her rookie year all her photos show her underweight basically)  ... I can totally get that.  On the other hand not being up front about it was her immaturity showing and that is why she needed another year to grow up ... I am still rooting for Victoria Merideth and Lily.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, stargrrl said:

So who do we predict will be the final 3 cuts? It is 3, right?

As long as it wont be Lily or Krstin, im ok, i could offer Lexie and Rachel to quit 😛 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I dont think Lily is great or pretty or good enough. I hope she’s cut. 

How she gets as far as she has is baffling. 

Dont care for Taylor vet or Taylor candidate. 

Hope at least one Taylor cut.

Shaina Kelcey not memorable as are vets Alana and old Rachel 

Cut, cut, cut

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

What’s Madeline’s Instagram handle? 

Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace

22 minutes ago, RockYou said:

Kelcey made show group, not likely she'll be cut

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Squeek said:
28 minutes ago, RockYou said:

Kelcey made show group, not likely she'll be cut

So did Rachel (I'm assuming old Rachel is Rachel A).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

The scene with Jinelle and Victoria was extremely uncomfortable to watch ... here you have a size 0 putting someone with an obvious emotional eating habit on the spot... with cameras rolling .... I was cringing watching Victoria tell Jinelle that she was uncomfortable working with someone that never had a weight issue (

I’m calling bullshit on that VK saying it was uncomfy bcs weight issues. I think she was,ever so rarely if ever at all, in a jackpot she made for herself. She could not Cutsie Pie her way around Jinelle, she could not flirt her way by, she could not skate on the bullshit excuses for zero accountability. She tried ducking, lying, Cutsie Meeee buffoonery, and was caught short. Uncomfy? I hope it hurt, dear.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I just wish they would keep VK in the background this year. I get why people are sick of the conversation about her and wish people would get over the fact that VK will likely make the team, and I also get why she is such a topic of discussion among people who disliked what we saw last year. Kelli always has her favorites, where she overlooks some shortcomings (see Malena, where her dance issues were given a pass for too long), but with VK, it was a matter of overlooking multiple shortcomings (weight, dance, behavior, maturity). It truly was above and beyond what we’ve seen in 13 seasons. 

The rational option would be to focus on other rookies this year. People who dislike her are not going to suddenly believe that she turned it around when we all know that this show is selectively edited, and people who like her will believe the best regardless. So, as someone who doesn’t care about her making the team one way or the other, I hope she’s just a footnote this year. That would probably be the best thing for her and everyone else. 

Agreed! I want to be able to learn a bit about every rookie because often their stories are what helps me remember who is who in those early days when there are so many girls its hard to keep them straight. Sometimes it seems like they tend to focus more on girls that have had struggles like injuries or loss which doesn't seem to be fair. Just because you haven't had any hardship in your life, doesn't make you less interesting.

As for focusing on other rookies this year instead of just VK being the rational option...while I agree that would be better, I doubt that will be the case. Even with her not making the team last year, there was still a lot of focus on her and given that she's (barring any unforseen issues/last minute instances of her sabotaging herself) very likely making the team this year, I predict there will be the same amount of, if not more focus on her. She's going to be the comeback kid of the season. At auditions while she's dancing I'm sure there's going to be voiceovers of how far she's come interspersed with shots of Kelli weeping over her "beautiful little storm." We'll be treated to excessive shots of her mugging in the mirror while primping for cameos, mascara running down her face while she weeps over getting her boots and when they interview her after the first game she will wax poetic about the difficulties she's overcome and how all the struggle was worth it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

That’s what was said last year, as well. So ultimately anything could happen, although I don’t think they’ve ever cut a SG TCC.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Stee said:

Victoria also said this without any hesitation or an ounce of guilt. For someone who "had no words" when it came to media day, she sure was incredibly sharp and prepared when accused of lying in front of K/J.

I was disturbed 😧 at her (VK) treatment of Jinelle. 

Jinelle is such a professional. I was appalled that her time and effort wasn’t appreciated. Jinelle seems really sweet; she truly wanted to help VK succeed.

• Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, Dnst1973 said:

Jinelle is such a professional. I was appalled that her time and effort wasn’t appreciated. Jinelle seems really sweet; she truly wanted to help VK succeed.

I would have loved to have had the opportunity to learn more about clean eating from Jinelle.  I learn from all types: skinny, heavy, purple, you name it.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by go4luca
better word choice
  • Love 16

I was not impressed with Kristin or Lily, but I think Kristin is a slam dunk this year. Maybe it’s a bad sign that Lily was in the Melissa R. group with Meredith and Madeline. 

I vote for Meredith and Lily. Not sure about the other ones. Breelan was one of my favorites before I actually saw her at practice on the show. I haven’t liked Taylor’s look in pictures so far.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Sometimes it seems like they tend to focus more on girls that have had struggles like injuries or loss which doesn't seem to be fair. Just because you haven't had any hardship in your life, doesn't make you less interesting.

Yep. Just showing what talented and accomplished dancers are trying out is plenty interesting to me. I loved Amy T's intro, for example, which did not force some sob story and instead focused on her academic achievements and medical implant invention. I vastly prefer that to the ridiculous focus (complete with dramatic music) on Maggie talking about feeling self-conscious about her psoriasis. Not saying they shouldn't have addressed that--in fact, I like that they showed such a beautiful young lady has insecurities because I think that sends a good message to young women and girls that everyone feels self-conscious about something and that we all have to strive to accept ourselves for who we are. However, I did not need the reality TV-manufactured dramatic presentation of her tale of skin "woe." I also disliked the way they handled that young lady, Paris, by playing up her "hood" roots by filming her sitting on bleachers behind a chain link fence. Again, no need to cover up her story of pulling herself up (rather impressively) by her own bootstraps, but I think they could have addressed that and shown more of her talking about trying to make a career out of dance and getting real gigs with little formal training. @Bellisima08, your comment and thinking about this has me wondering how or if they will address Shaina and the tragic plane crash. I'm not sure which is appropriate. Certainly, they should not exploit such tragedy for TV, but I also wonder if disregarding it altogether would feel (to Shaina) like they're minimizing the tragedy and not caring how it affected her in camp. Thoughts?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Dnst1973 said:

I just re-watched that ep - Jinelle was so excited to be helping her!!  

Just now, go4luca said:

I would have loved to have had the opportunity to learn more about clean eating from Jinelle.  I learn from all types: skinny, fat, you name it.  🤷‍♀️

Exactly!  Everyone has something to offer:)  I would love to know what they eat thru the day to keep up energy, stamina, etc thru the night.  Or what they eat during practice that doesn't make them feel too full to dance.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I just re-watched that ep - Jinelle was so excited to be helping her!!  

Exactly!  Everyone has something to offer:)  I would love to know what they eat thru the day to keep up energy, stamina, etc thru the night.  Or what they eat during practice that doesn't make them feel too full to dance.

Same. I would have enjoyed seeing Jinelle coach VK on diet, stamina, bloating, weight loss. That is the kind of development I would like to see in clips. It’s okay that some girls struggle. And it’s great to learn a new way to approach a weight issue. 

I appreciate seeing struggling women who have to work hard for a spot. 

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, TinyHands said:

I was not impressed with Kristin or Lily, but I think Kristin is a slam dunk this year. Maybe it’s a bad sign that Lily was in the Melissa R. group with Meredith and Madeline. 

I vote for Meredith and Lily. Not sure about the other ones. Breelan was one of my favorites before I actually saw her at practice on the show. I haven’t liked Taylor’s look in pictures so far.

As long as Amanda, Kat, Kelcey, Kirsten, Lisa and Shaina make it, I am happy.

I would cut Taylor Pedersen and Julia Fife solely based on their underperformance of photogenics. There are enough great humanitarians on the team already, who have to be photographed from a certain angle on a certain time of day with Saturn  descending.

I mean, come on, Ashton Torres, Abigail Klein, Nicole Bulcher, where art thou?

Edited by Pau84
Abigail Klein
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I would cut Taylor Pedersen and Julia Fife solely based on their underperformance of photogenics. There are enough great humanitarians on the team already, who have to be photographed from a certain angle on a certain time of day with Saturn  descending.

I mean, come on, Ashton Torres, Melanie Klein, Nicole Bulcher, where art thou?

Can you please explain what you mean abt Taylor p and Julia I’m not understanding 

• LOL 2
26 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I mean, come on, Ashton Torres, Melanie Klein, Nicole Bulcher, where art thou?

I'm really rooting for Kristen and Kat! 

Did you mean to imply Ashton, Nicole, and Melanie weren't photogenic? I feel the opposite! Nicole is one of my favorites of all time. To each is own. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KatieC said:

Hoping it’s Kristin, Meredith, and Julia.

I don’t care as long as it’s NOT Julia...she’s beautiful, nice, a great dancer and my cousins best friend.  

• Love 8