Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Pretty, friendly, easy to converse with and she seemed to be well-liked. Only an insider can tell me if I'm wrong in my assumptions.

I swear an insider said she was a cliquey mean-girl.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

That totally could be that she lied about that she’d go to an appointment - the her lying about having a medical condition that led to her weight gain was never confirmed.   And regardless, the reasons why she gained so much weight last year really doesn’t matter - they cut her for it, and now she’s back and looks great.    If you really expect them to pass on a great candidate cause an 18 year old was embarrassed about some weight gain and avoided going to a doctor/nutritionist appointment over it, I think that just wishful/vindicative thinking.

VK is beautiful, young (can give a lot of years to the organization) and a great dancer.   She needed to come back better and thinner to get another chance and she did - sorry to those who want her blacklisted for some stupidnon-consequential stuff    If they’ll take a girl who didn’t know how many yards there were on a football field on national TV, I think they’ll deal w/ someone avoiding a doctor appt, especially when she clearly fixed the issue they wanted her to go to a doctor about.

Irregardless of the lying part, they've cut many great candidates who gained weight or didn't lose it fast enough so no wishful/vindictive thinking here.  Many of them were 18 or 19, probably embarrassed about their weight and Kelli didn't care about it.  One girl even lied to them about going to Jay and they cut her minutes after telling her something along the lines of "Then why does he say you've never contacted him?" As for the rest, we'll have to agree to disagree that the majority, if not all, of the things she did were NOT stupid, non-consequential things (except for her).  Any one of the things she did, taken individually last year, would have gotten pretty much any other girl cut.  And even for the Kelli favorites, they may skate by with one issue, but more than that would likely have gotten them cut, especially if the timing doesn't work in their favor.  

22 hours ago, lah715 said:

...as for show group ... she is tall and can dance but to say she took Jayln's spot is an over reach ...there were others that made the team over Jayln ... saying specifically her spot was taken away for VK is just justification for not liking the poor girl .. 

As someone else pointed out (and that I've quoted below), most people were reacting to the list Judy had with Jalyn's name crossed out and Victoria's (or an abbreviation of it) written beside it.  That seems a pretty good indicator that Victoria was given Jalyn's spot, especially if Victoria was not on the initial list to make Show Group.

22 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

VK made it back because Kelli likes her. After watching more than my fair share of Pluto re-runs, the girls who return to training camp for a second time are the girls that Kelli likes - plain and simple. I don't think its a bad thing to admit that Victoria does get special attention. She does benefit from favoritism.  Just like many other girls in Kelli's favor.  Now, that doesn't take away from her accomplishments in dance or her qualifications to make the team. Of course she's qualified.  But there is absolutely no way to tell if she would have made it back without the approval of Kelli -- simply because it is indeed Kelli who makes all the decisions. There are no rules here as we've seen over the years. Kelli either likes you or she doesn't. She will either let things slide or she won't.

People were reacting to the screenshot that showed Jalyn on the list for show group. Her name was crossed out and Victoria was written in next to it. 

Kelli plays favorites and doesn't seem to care who knows it, then gets cranky and defensive when it's pointed out to her.  I've already mentioned the Jalyn/Victoria thing above.

22 hours ago, lah715 said:

Agree with your post ..... I guess my position is how is it her fault ... should she have declined when they didnt call Jayln's name  ... I feel bad for her ... but I dont think it should be taken our on another girl that got in. I get how that looks but again we dont know what that was about ... did she have an original list of who she expect to be on ... and when they started to decide and it seems no one really picked Jayln again this is CMT editing we have to deal with 🙄

I will agree that Victoria didn't need to decline a spot, but the list shows that they likely had already a good idea of who they wanted on Show Group and the "auditions" was to get one last look at the girls and get an outside set of eyes on them to see if they missed anyone.  I also think it was kind of hinky to have so much focus on Jalyn's cut from Show Group when, if there were other girls cut from Show Group in the past, it was never shown.  Plus Kelli's behavior surrounding Jalyn's removing herself from the situation for who knows how long to gather herself says something was up.

• Love 23

To avoid the peek a boo boob like we saw with Bridget or in the finals with Amy Auto, why not try the spray the pageant girls use on their butts to keep swimsuits down.  Maybe that might help because it would be a photo seen round the world with a malfunction!!!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

To avoid the peek a boo boob like we saw with Bridget or in the finals with Amy Auto, why not try the spray the pageant girls use on their butts to keep swimsuits down.  Maybe that might help because it would be a photo seen round the world with a malfunction!!!

Would be unlikely to work. the spray helps stop the bottoms riding up, not hold the buttocks in, especially against the sort of forces that that poor shirt and bra are fighting against.  In all seriousness, the physics of boobs moving around during exercise is actually pretty complicated, it's part of why a good sports bra is essential.  The bombshell bra isn't for dancing in, quite honestly, esp not for the girls with a fuller bust. 

'tit' tape would have a better chance of holding her in, but she really needs a better fitted bra and a better shirt.  However, the picture likely looks much worse than it is.  it's a microsecond of time when the boob is moving one way while her body is moving another, as happens to all us boob having people, its just physics, so it looks worse than it is, as though she's busting out at all times when she isn't (if any of us were to jump up and down in our bras and someone was taking constant photos, we'd likely all have photos where it looks like we're about to spill out even when we're not as breast tissue shifts).  but if i were her I'd have nipple pasties on, jic, and be taped into my bra like crazy. just to be safe.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Big swimsuit calendar: Alexis, Tess, Miranda, Maddie, Christina, Ashlee, Savannah, Molly, Daphne, Madeline, Lexie and Amber! 😊

Sideline Calendar: Heather, Ashlee, Amy, Madeline, Hannah, Daphne, Savannah, Alexis, Rachel W., Briana, Gabby, Erin, Rachel A., Lexie, Taylor and Lauren! 😊

IMG_20191008_130217.jpg

IMG_20191008_130232.jpg

No Rachel W. in the swimsuit calendar? Interesting.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Isn't there a large swimsuit calendar and a smaller desktop calendar?  I know Brennan did get September in one of them, I imagine Rachel is in that one too.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

And even for the Kelli favorites, they may skate by with one issue, but more than that would likely have gotten them cut, especially if the timing doesn't work in their favor.  

But she did get cut.  Unless you mean cut AND never be welcome to return.

16 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

However, the picture likely looks much worse than it is.  it's a microsecond of time when the boob is moving one way while her body is moving another, as happens to all us boob having people, its just physics, so it looks worse than it is, as though she's busting out at all times when she isn't (if any of us were to jump up and down in our bras and someone was taking constant photos, we'd likely all have photos where it looks like we're about to spill out even when we're not as breast tissue shifts).

But they all have pictures "in motion," I've never seen bouncing boobs like hers before.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Just read the last few pages about VK, and what I haven’t seen mentioned lately, besides the weight and lying, was the gist, I read here from last year, that she was toxic somewhat in the locker room.  I think I remember she was spouting off about stuff, which was kinda confirmed by what Kashara said to Kelli.   Also, this year VK even said something along the line of that was me last year, but not this year....I guess she said this so we all understand her growth.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Isn't there a large swimsuit calendar and a smaller desktop calendar?  I know Brennan did get September in one of them, I imagine Rachel is in that one too.

But she did get cut.  Unless you mean cut AND never be welcome to return.

But they all have pictures "in motion," I've never seen bouncing boobs like hers before.

she does have some of the largest on the team. Kalyssa's bolt on used to busting out on the regular too.

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

The bombshell bra isn't for dancing in, quite honestly, esp not for the girls with a fuller bust. 

Seriously.  I used to work at VS, and I love their bras, but the Bombshell is something else altogether.  Before I found a decent sports bra to run in, I used to have to layer my everyday go-to version (the Very Sexy line) with a regular sports bra when I would go running.  I figured with the extra padding, the Bombshell might be even better for that.  NOPE.  I looked like a cartoon character.  I could have conceivably balanced a dinner plate on my chest.  No idea how the girls are able to dance in that shirt (no idea how they can FIT in their shirts) wearing that bra.  Must be the Kelli knot.

• Love 6
On 10/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, Jess14 said:

I’m actually surprised to see the Amy bashing. I didn’t really get the sense that she was putting down Maddie at all. Maybe I need to rewatch because I didn’t get a negative impression. Still not a fan of Maddie and Amy at point. Gina was robbed.

I am chuckling at the fact that the show is now acknowledging what a big deal point is - and position in the formation, in general. Difference from a few years ago for sure. Glad they dropped the act.

While the criticism leveled at Meredith and Kat is deserved, at least they look the part and have some pep in their step. Lily is dull as dishwater and not even remotely a power dancer. I would cut her before them if I’m being honest. I understand that she is very well-liked and must therefore actually have a personality, but she’s comes off as so wooden.

Can the church say Amen to ALL OF THIS. I've always said that point is a big deal too but they keep trying to convince us its not...(insert eye roll). K&J tried to explain why they have 2 points this year...something about the 2nd part of Thunderstruck is best suited for Maddie's type of power...whateva that means. LOL. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I swear an insider said she was a cliquey mean-girl.

That was said here and on TWOP by several posters.  And that there were others.  When they took away all those pages on the Former DCC thread, a lot of good info went with them.

45 minutes ago, cgloss said:

She got the cover of the big one.  Brennan and Erin are in the smaller swimsuit calendar.  Tess got the cover of that one.

• Love 3
On 10/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, MyFavShows said:

I think they had her do that cause they wanted to give her a “talking to” over her media training debacle...then her emotional breakdown spoiled their plan.  They have a conundrum right now cause they want to cut her (first cause of the media training and now cause of the breakdown - they are probably getting Méléna vibes that she was so terrified of getting cut that she acted like that like) but can’t cause it’s gonna look heartless cause of her accident.   

Ok, try and follow me guys. Is it me or does that entire scene with Julia (car wreck) and her showing up at TC afterwards seem out of place?? Did anyone else notice that when Julia was sitting in the studio waiting to be called that Neecie Noodle (Denise) Well, I noticed it and if Neecie Noodle was there that means she was teaching them the dance that they did during SG auditions.  So, even though Kelli stated that it was not the appropriate time to discuss the horrific media day she had right after a car accident. I'm under the impression that at that time media day had not even occurred yet, IMO there is no way in hell K&J would of let that conversation slide about media day, car wreck or not! Any thoughts! 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:12 PM, parrotfeathers said:

What comment?

Oh never mind when she sees that Kashara chose Caroline on the show.

Yea, that shocked me too when Kash chose Caroline. It seems that everyone was shocked that Amy got point, including Amy herself. Then to only have to share it...sucks. I would rather not get point at all if they felt that I could not handle the entire performance. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, raindancer said:

Seriously.  I used to work at VS, and I love their bras, but the Bombshell is something else altogether.  Before I found a decent sports bra to run in, I used to have to layer my everyday go-to version (the Very Sexy line) with a regular sports bra when I would go running.  I figured with the extra padding, the Bombshell might be even better for that.  NOPE.  I looked like a cartoon character.  I could have conceivably balanced a dinner plate on my chest.  No idea how the girls are able to dance in that shirt (no idea how they can FIT in their shirts) wearing that bra.  Must be the Kelli knot.

Well, once you get to the level of dance most of these girls are at, you've danced in pretty much *anything* but it's rarely comfortable. There's a reason they all practice and workout in actual sports bras and not push up bras! I can't imagine what washing the damn things must be like - washing a bra is a pain in the butt anyway, but ALL that push up padding and no small amount of underboob sweat after 3 hours in texas heat dancing...no thank you please on that laundry duty!
The most supportive kinds of sports bras are the ones that have individual cups rather than the crop top 'boob log' kind, but not a damn push up bra that is designed for one thing and one thing only - to push up and out the boobs, not deal with dance for 3 hours! I don't' even understand the serious padding that you can get in sports bras (sure a little padding if you don't want things to get nippy in a cool gym or somthing but full on push up padding...I don't understand it)

• Love 1
Just now, Jazzhands said:

I think that’s because hers are big and natural! 😉

yup, those dancers with implants, the implants move as one sort of unit, whereas natural boobs have much more jiggle and wiggle to them and so they like to get a little bit frisky with the edge of a bra in the way that an implant just doesn't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Big swimsuit calendar: Alexis, Tess, Miranda, Maddie, Christina, Ashlee, Savannah, Molly, Daphne, Madeline, Lexie and Amber! 😊

Sideline Calendar: Heather, Ashlee, Amy, Madeline, Hannah, Daphne, Savannah, Alexis, Rachel W., Briana, Gabby, Erin, Rachel A., Lexie, Taylor and Lauren! 😊

IMG_20191008_130217.jpg

IMG_20191008_130232.jpg

Thank you!!!

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

she does have some of the largest on the team. Kalyssa's bolt on used to busting out on the regular too.

The difference being, I think Kalyssa would have liked if hers did 😉

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The difference being, I think Kalyssa would have liked if hers did 😉

Think that's largely what her instagram is for...but hey, if that's what she wants to do, that's what she's gonna do!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Yea, that shocked me too when Kash chose Caroline. It seems that everyone was shocked that Amy got point, including Amy herself.

I don't think Kashara chose Caroline.  I think she threw out Caroline's name and they very choppily edited it in to make it seem like Caroline was the choice so that we'd all be shocked when it turned out to be Amy.

27 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I noticed it and if Neecie Noodle was there that means she was teaching them the dance that they did during SG auditions.  So, even though Kelli stated that it was not the appropriate time to discuss the horrific media day she had right after a car accident. I'm under the impression that at that time media day had not even occurred yet, IMO there is no way in hell K&J would of let that conversation slide about media day, car wreck or not! Any thoughts! 

I thought Kelli said Denise was "back", so I assumed she returned for another session after she taught the SG routine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That was said here and on TWOP by several posters.  And that there were others.  When they took away all those pages on the Former DCC thread, a lot of good info went with them.

She got the cover of the big one.  Brennan and Erin are in the smaller swimsuit calendar.  Tess got the cover of that one.

Taylor j as well 

Edited by Holly85
On 10/6/2019 at 7:49 PM, MelissaB326 said:

I have heard two different women on podcasts say they met him and he was very rude to them so I very much believe he was mean to Maddie, I just want to hear the actual tea ️ about what happened 

I'm not surprised about Aaron Rodgers at all, according to his brother who was on )Jo Jo's season of the bachelorette and her fiance) they dont even get along. Sounds like a jerk. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I'm not surprised about Aaron Rodgers at all, according to his brother who was on )Jo Jo's season of the bachelorette and her fiance) they dont even get along. Sounds like a jerk. 

I heard That as well 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

k, try and follow me guys. Is it me or does that entire scene with Julia (car wreck) and her showing up at TC afterwards seem out of place?? Did anyone else notice that when Julia was sitting in the studio waiting to be called that Neecie Noodle (Denise) Well, I noticed it and if Neecie Noodle was there that means she was teaching them the dance that they did during SG auditions.  So, even though Kelli stated that it was not the appropriate time to discuss the horrific media day she had right after a car accident. I'm under the impression that at that time media day had not even occurred yet, IMO there is no way in hell K&J would of let that conversation slide about media day, car wreck or not! Any thoughts! 

Denise was wearing all black, those bootie things and a black sweater around her waist the first visit. 

Denise was wearing all black, those bootie things and a blue blouse the second visit.

I think Kelli said "she's back to to finish the second part of a dance." 

Of course the timeline could still  be off though - editing is powerful - haha!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Irregardless of the lying part, they've cut many great candidates who gained weight or didn't lose it fast enough so no wishful/vindictive thinking here.  Many of them were 18 or 19, probably embarrassed about their weight and Kelli didn't care about it.  One girl even lied to them about going to Jay and they cut her minutes after telling her something along the lines of "Then why does he say you've never contacted him?" As for the rest, we'll have to agree to disagree that the majority, if not all, of the things she did were NOT stupid, non-consequential things (except for her).  Any one of the things she did, taken individually last year, would have gotten pretty much any other girl cut.  And even for the Kelli favorites, they may skate by with one issue, but more than that would likely have gotten them cut, especially if the timing doesn't work in their favor.  

As someone else pointed out (and that I've quoted below), most people were reacting to the list Judy had with Jalyn's name crossed out and Victoria's (or an abbreviation of it) written beside it.  That seems a pretty good indicator that Victoria was given Jalyn's spot, especially if Victoria was not on the initial list to make Show Group.

Kelli plays favorites and doesn't seem to care who knows it, then gets cranky and defensive when it's pointed out to her.  I've already mentioned the Jalyn/Victoria thing above.

I will agree that Victoria didn't need to decline a spot, but the list shows that they likely had already a good idea of who they wanted on Show Group and the "auditions" was to get one last look at the girls and get an outside set of eyes on them to see if they missed anyone.  I also think it was kind of hinky to have so much focus on Jalyn's cut from Show Group when, if there were other girls cut from Show Group in the past, it was never shown.  Plus Kelli's behavior surrounding Jalyn's removing herself from the situation for who knows how long to gather herself says something was up.

People keep saying “anyone else who did what VK did would have been cut” - again, VK was cut last year.

I guess it’s really that people want her her permanently blacklisted from the DCC for being overweight last year, when she’s not overweight now....lol - that’s not going to happen, and unless Kelli and Judy ready hated someone, I don’t think they would do that to most.   VK has probably been one of this biggest before and after weight transformations they’ve ever had on the show - you think they aren’t going to flaunt that?   She’s also improved her maturity and dancing.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Well, once you get to the level of dance most of these girls are at, you've danced in pretty much *anything* but it's rarely comfortable. There's a reason they all practice and workout in actual sports bras and not push up bras! I can't imagine what washing the damn things must be like - washing a bra is a pain in the butt anyway, but ALL that push up padding and no small amount of underboob sweat after 3 hours in texas heat dancing...no thank you please on that laundry duty!
The most supportive kinds of sports bras are the ones that have individual cups rather than the crop top 'boob log' kind, but not a damn push up bra that is designed for one thing and one thing only - to push up and out the boobs, not deal with dance for 3 hours! I don't' even understand the serious padding that you can get in sports bras (sure a little padding if you don't want things to get nippy in a cool gym or somthing but full on push up padding...I don't understand it)

For me, it always gave more support where I needed it, without making me feel like I couldn't breathe.  There are far better bras out there now (hello Enlite!), but for the longest time it always felt like I had to choose between fitting my chest, or....my chest.  I couldn't breathe in the sports bras that actually kept me from hitting myself in the face with my assets when I ran, so I improvised.  I had a LOT of bras, and did a LOT of laundry 😂

In other DCC bra-and-top-related discussion, I have no idea how the girls handle dancing in the semi-turtleneck tops they have going on this season.  They really are beautiful but that style would absolutely make me crazy - I can't handle anything touching the sides of my neck.  I can barely wear racerbacks, much less tops of those styles.  I'd constantly feel like I was choking *shudders*

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, raindancer said:

For me, it always gave more support where I needed it, without making me feel like I couldn't breathe.  There are far better bras out there now (hello Enlite!), but for the longest time it always felt like I had to choose between fitting my chest, or....my chest.  I couldn't breathe in the sports bras that actually kept me from hitting myself in the face with my assets when I ran, so I improvised.  I had a LOT of bras, and did a LOT of laundry 😂

In other DCC bra-and-top-related discussion, I have no idea how the girls handle dancing in the semi-turtleneck tops they have going on this season.  They really are beautiful but that style would absolutely make me crazy - I can't handle anything touching the sides of my neck.  I can barely wear racerbacks, much less tops of those styles.  I'd constantly feel like I was choking *shudders*

I love a highneck back to a collar but if there is something against my throat, forget it, all bets are off, I want that garment off off off. again, dancers'd be used to it, but I always loathed any skating dress or costume that involved having my whole neck encased. sure it was very giving material and was never actually constricting, but it felt like it *would* be and I'd skate, book it to the changing room, strip asap and get into a nice loose hoodie. can'tt handle stuff on my throat!!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

People keep saying “anyone else who did what VK did would have been cut” - again, VK was cut last year.

I guess it’s really that people want her her permanently blacklisted from the DCC for being overweight last year, when she’s not overweight now....lol - that’s not going to happen, and unless Kelli and Judy ready hated someone, I don’t think they would do that to most.   VK has probably been one of this biggest before and after weight transformations they’ve ever had on the show - you think they aren’t going to flaunt that?   She’s also improved her maturity and dancing.

Well, at least she/they told us she did!!

• Love 4
Just now, raindancer said:

@SmpIsimon mentioned it was Bridget, and that it was because she hadn't eaten enough 😞

Good old unrealistic societal and DCC body requirements strike again.  Of course it'll be a 'I was busy and forgot to eat/I didn't have time and i was so rushed today I missed lunch' rather than a likely more real 'I have to maintain weight so restrict my eating to a stupid degree considering I dance in texas heat for hours on end

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

I beleive the ONLY reason VK was cut last year is because they were days away from the first game and there was NO WAY IN HELL Kelli could put VK in a uniform with an 11+ weight gain.

That's the only reason she was cut last year.  Didn't have anything to do with VK's toxicity, her throwing Jinelle under the bus, blowing off an appointment and wasting a doctor's time, among a zillion other things, including dance technique.

Let's face it, VK was guaranteed a spot on the team last year come hell or high water but she COULD NOT fit into the uniform. Period.

How was Jinelle “thrown under the bus?” - if anything Jinelle narked on VK for not going to the appointment, which I get cause she’s a 30+ year old employee and she’s going to do what her employer wants, but if anyone was trying to get the other in trouble it was Jinelle doing it to VK and not the other way around.  

And I still don’t think it’s the anyone’s business about why a person is gaining weight, and people shouldn’t be forcing people to go to appointments that they don’t want to go to over that stuff - if you don’t lose the weight you get cut, and going to the appointment or not really doesn’t matter.   So had she went to the appointment like a good little girl but was still overweight, were they gonna let her on the squad? - no.  So why does any of it matter?  She did what she needed to do to make weight this year and looks great. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It was Bridget who fell. 

Brooke sorenson did def have her mean moments.

i don’t think Aaron Rogers was trying to intimidate or bully Maddie. She was just some random person in close vicinity when he had a random rage moment and got in her face. Nothing personal. She or ang of them are pretty much non entities to him. 

• Love 5

I don’t think VK should be blacklisted for her weight gain last season. If someone is cut for weight and they get the weight off and maintain the preferred DCC figure, they should certainly be given the opportunity to come back. 

However, IF the rumors about her lying about a medical condition/lying about going to a doctor/lying about working with Jinelle/being “toxic” and disrespectful to other girls are true, I don’t think any other candidate who pulled a stunt like that would be invited back to training camp. That’s where I think some favoritism came into play. 

I also don’t think Kelli wanted to cut VK last year, even after all of the weight gain and drama with Jinelle, and I don’t think she would have if it had been solely up to her. I believe someone above Kelli forced her hand. 

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I don’t think VK should be blacklisted for her weight gain last season. If someone is cut for weight and they get the weight off and maintain the preferred DCC figure, they should certainly be given the opportunity to come back. 

However, IF the rumors about her lying about a medical condition/lying about going to a doctor/lying about working with Jinelle/being “toxic” and disrespectful to other girls are true, I don’t think any other candidate who pulled a stunt like that would be invited back to training camp. That’s where I think some favoritism came into play. 

I also don’t think Kelli wanted to cut VK last year, even after all of the weight gain and drama with Jinelle, and I don’t think she would have if it had been solely up to her. I believe someone above Kelli forced her hand. 

Love the name! Miss Gossip Girl so much! Would love to know the real scuttle but of all that really down. We only get bits and pieces. I wouldn’t want everyone discussing my weight or my issues especially on television. Jinelle doesn’t have an MD/RD beside her name😂. I forget why Jinelle was involved in the first place. I will have to rewatch this weekend. 

Edited by MamaMia
Add info
22 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

An employee telling their boss that a fellow employee didn't do what their boss wanted is not 'narking'.  It's doing their job. Why should Jinelle cover for her, esp when it'd be super obv with the doctor's office that VK failed to attend/

So Jinelle called up a doctors office and asked if VK showed up, and the doctors office told her yes or no?   I don’t think that’s even legal actually - unless she’s VK’s guardian.   Like employers really don’t have the right to dictate/manage things like their employees going to doctors except for a situation like worker’s comp/injury on the job or them being cleared to dance/work.   Whether or not VK has a medical issue causing her to gain weight or not is none of their business and the whole situation was completely inappropriate and boundaries were overstepped.  That could be a another reason they aren’t holding it against her.   If she was too heavy she deserved to be cut and she was - the reason was inconsequential.

10 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

And the reason why Jinelle’s age is relevant is because....?

I don’t know.  More like she’s over a decade older than VK and isn’t going to see herself as part of her “peer group” like someone similar in age would see themselves as more of a peer leader role. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Whether or not VK has a medical issue causing her to gain weight or not is none of their business and the whole situation was completely inappropriate and boundaries were overstepped.  

Didn't VK tell them this was the reason for the weight gain? If she didn't - how would they know? Wasn't Janelle tasked to assist by Kelli, et al.?  I doubt she would meddle in VK's affairs if she hadn't been asked to. 

If you call in sick at work and are asked to provide a "sick" note - and you don't - doesn't that normally incur some consequence?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Ok, try and follow me guys. Is it me or does that entire scene with Julia (car wreck) and her showing up at TC afterwards seem out of place?? Did anyone else notice that when Julia was sitting in the studio waiting to be called that Neecie Noodle (Denise) Well, I noticed it and if Neecie Noodle was there that means she was teaching them the dance that they did during SG auditions.  So, even though Kelli stated that it was not the appropriate time to discuss the horrific media day she had right after a car accident. I'm under the impression that at that time media day had not even occurred yet, IMO there is no way in hell K&J would of let that conversation slide about media day, car wreck or not! Any thoughts! 

Yea, that shocked me too when Kash chose Caroline. It seems that everyone was shocked that Amy got point, including Amy herself. Then to only have to share it...sucks. I would rather not get point at all if they felt that I could not handle the entire performance. 

Yes - I commented on the same thing upthread.  The whole Julia thing seems out of sequence to me.  My thinking is the media interviews happened after Julia's car accident, which would explain her podcast performance.  Julia is clearly well liked by the team, so if she were there only to advance her broadcasting career others would likely pick up on that.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So Jinelle called up a doctors office and asked if VK showed up, and the doctors office told her yes or no?   I don’t think that’s even legal actually

She made the appointment for her...perfectly legal to see if she kept the appointment.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So Jinelle called up a doctors office and asked if VK showed up, and the doctors office told her yes or no?   I don’t think that’s even legal actually - unless she’s VK’s guardian.   Like employers really don’t have the right to dictate/manage things like their employees going to doctors except for a situation like worker’s comp/injury on the job or them being cleared to dance/work.   Whether or not VK has a medical issue causing her to gain weight or not is none of their business and the whole situation was completely inappropriate and boundaries were overstepped.  That could be a another reason they aren’t holding it against her.   If she was too heavy she deserved to be cut and she was - the reason was inconsequential.

I don’t know.  More like she’s over a decade older than VK and isn’t going to see herself as part of her “peer group” like someone similar in age would see themselves as more of a peer leader role. 

The cheerleaders may be required by contract to use team doctors for all health concerns. It’s a common requirement in pro sports. It eliminates the risk of athlete misrepresenting an illness or injury, because they want to keep playing even if they shouldn’t. If they signed a contract like that VK would have been required to see a team doctor about her sudden weight gain of told to by an t am employee..

Because weight is so important, and because a woman under pressure to lose a large amount of weigh in a short time, they are an interest in her doing it in a healthy way. The recent episode with Bridget illustrates that.

Jinelle probably had the legal authority to contact the doctor and make sure JK was getting he care required. When she found our she hadn’t, it was her obligation to tell her superiors. It doesn’t matter if she lied VK or not, it was part of her job. It’s a sign of maturity that she did, not a sign of ratting someone out. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Didn't VK tell them this was the reason for the weight gain? If she didn't - how would they know? Wasn't Janelle tasked to assist by Kelli, et al.?  I doubt she would meddle in VK's affairs if she hadn't been asked to. 

If you call in sick at work and are asked to provide a "sick" note - and you don't - doesn't that normally incur some consequence?

Being overweight is not the same thing as calling off sick - and a doctors note for not being able to come to work is way different than an explanation for weight gain. 

I love how people are so willing to have VKs privacy about something as personal as her weight gain completely invaded and investigated by Jinelle and the DCC.   What next, hidden cameras following her around watching what she eats? 

And even if she did get a note that she had a medical excuse for gaining 13 pounds (or whatever it was) then what???  Were they gonna let her on the squad?  No.  It’s really none of their business why she gained that weight - if she was too fat they just needed to cut her - which they did.   They were out of line and probably realized it and that’s why it’s water under the bridge.

• LOL 3