Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Judy said the choreo is a slightly different style in the back half and that Maddie was good at that. 

I don’t mind them having two; I just think they should’ve announced it differently. Not ‘Amy, you’re point. And oh, Maddie is at the end.’  More ‘we’re going to try something a little different this year’ kind of thing. 

Finally watched the ep.  That was cruel.  Get Amy all excited about being "the point" - see all the girls hugging her, and then oh yeah, now it's Maddie cause she's better at the last part???Rude to Amy, rude to Maddie.  Totally agree that it could have been handled differently.  And if KaShara really said Caroline for point, what will happen when Amy or Maddie, or Gina, watch the eps. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Kitty would have haaaaated Meredith 

Are we sure Kitty is not working with the team this year, just not being on the show?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, jlc said:

Are we sure Kitty is not working with the team this year, just not being on the show?

Oh I don’t know. But she seems like someone that would have gotten under Kitty’s skin....she always seemed to prefer the sharper witted girls, I thought 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Oh I don’t know. But she seems like someone that would have gotten under Kitty’s skin....she always seemed to prefer the sharper witted girls, I thought 

30 minutes ago, jlc said:

It was said on here she was not involved this year. On social media ppl mentioned she was taking time off to travel & enjoy a new grandchild.

Edited by MamaMia
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, rushNroulette said:

LOL...so much negativity against Maddie.

One only need look at the reactions of other tryout candidates during final auditions, in season 14 episode 3, to ascertain what an amazing dancer she is. 

What is "real" hip-hop dancing as opposed to the "fake" that Maddie apparently does? What are the metrics for the hip-hop dancing "realness"? This inquiring mind would like to know.

We've had a ton of conversations about her cultural appropriation of urban dance when she's clearly never seen any real street dancing.  She's not doing hip hop, she's doing a dance studio version of hip hop that's about as authentic as Millie Vanilli or Vanilla Ice.  She's a fine dancer but her hip hop is bland and only "good" to the limitations of DCC and their lack of diversity.  I don't blame Maddie for her insular world. But I do blame DCC for being so narrow in their zeitgeist that they praise Maddie for her bullshit dance.   And really, Maddie should try to explore the world around her and search youtube for serious hip hop.  It's embarrassing to see the over praise she gets.   And yes, please get rid of the "stank face" that someone told her was necessary for dance.  

As for metrics, once you've seen real hip hop, you don't really have to measure how bland Maddie is.  And it's not limited to her.  It's a nasty side effect of studios that teach the same bland crap. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

After thinking about it (I have no life), I think that Amy is indeed the actual point of the triangle, even though Maddie is in that position for more time during the dance.

It was Amy that Judy called up first, not both Amy and Maddie. Time was given for her to be acknowledged by the others as point. The same was not done for Maddie.

There was no real pause or big deal made when Judy had Maddie move up front for the second part of the dance.

Sooooo, officially it seems, Amy is the sole official point of the team, with Maddie also at times (even if it is the majority) in front of the group.

I can see therefore, why Amy was calling herself the point. And, it was definitely Kashara who replied, "cute", not Amy on the phone call.

Edited by Agent Gully
self teaching that a team is not a triangle!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, MamaMia said:

Julia had been so strong all training camp. Sucks her response to a question on media day ruined all her hard work. She tanked it but she wasn’t the only one. If she was concussed during media day and could use that as an excuse for her media day response, who would be cut Kat, Meredith or still Julia? 

Not only if she was concussed, but if they gave her any type of pain meds, they can mess with your thinking/speaking as well.

I remember one time my dentist wanted me to try Tramadol to relax my jaw muscles (I'm a champion grinder) -- when he prescribed them he told me they can mess you up and told me how he said something totally inappropriate and off the wall to his supervisor when he had to take them in dental school -- told his supervisor "wow, I love you, man" or something when he critiqued some of his work -- the Tramadol didn't relax my jaw muscles, but I did end up calling the lady cashier in the grocery store "sir" 😂.

• LOL 7
6 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

After thinking about it (I have no life), I think that Amy is indeed the actual point of the team, even though Maddie is in that position for more time during the dance.

It was Amy that Judy called up first, not both Amy and Maddie. Time was given for her to be acknowledged by the others as point. The same was not done for Maddie.

There was no real pause or big deal made when Judy had Maddie move up front for the second part of the dance.

Sooooo, officially it seems, Amy is the sole official point of the team, with Maddie also at times (even if it is the majority) in front of the group.

I can see therefore, why Amy was calling herself the point. And, it was definitely Kashara who replied, "cute", not Amy on the phone call.

And isn't point more than just a position in the triangle? Isn't point the de facto leader/captain of the team? So it would make sense that they would say Amy is point (as in the leader of the team) even though Maddie shares the position on the field.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Not only if she was concussed, but if they gave her any type of pain meds, they can mess with your thinking/speaking as well.

I remember one time my dentist wanted me to try Tramadol to relax my jaw muscles (I'm a champion grinder) -- when he prescribed them he told me they can mess you up and told me how he said something totally inappropriate and off the wall to his supervisor when he had to take them in dental school -- told his supervisor "wow, I love you, man" or something when he critiqued some of his work -- the Tramadol didn't relax my jaw muscles, but I did end up calling the lady cashier in the grocery store "sir" 😂.

Lol. I don’t even need pain meds. Ran into an old co-worker last week and said congratulations on your pregnancy. She was so pissy and said, I am just fat! Ohhh, how I wanted an earthquake to happen and suck me in. My face was so beet red. I am still sorry and embarrassed 😳 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

After thinking about it (I have no life), I think that Amy is indeed the actual point of the triangle, even though Maddie is in that position for more time during the dance.

It is so confusing! Seems most got it is a shared/alternate point position. 

Edited by MamaMia

I just re-watched (yes lame I know) and noticed that they had Amy wearing a microphone when they announced point so there was definitely a hint that it was going to be her. (You can see it in the back of her bra.) Maddie wasn't wearing one when she got in position, so that was probably a big hint about who was getting it. The fact that they put a microphone on Amy AND did the additional scene with her husband makes it seem like Amy is "primary" point and Maddie is "second". They didn't really frame it as them being equal.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I just want to know when and where I can see this clip of amy in the phone with kash and husband ? 

That was the cringiest episode of MTT that I can recall. Bring back Vivian and her stupid poems. I can see why Lisa made the team, hardly any of the others could formulate a coherent response to a question. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Tramadol did absolutely nothing for me and certainly didn't help at all with pain. Not sure what's in it, but I'm the same with Tylenol. Doesn't bring down a fever and doesn't do a thing for pain. But I was on Ambien for a few years for sleep and I'd have whole conversations and not remember a thing. My kids made fun of me. "It must be one of Mom's Ambien induced rants." But still, I'm puzzled about the whole situation with Julia. They'd better give us a darned good reason for cutting her. Unless she turned out to be a stripper or an axe murderer, I can't think of a thing that would ever convince me that she should be cut and Meredith, Lily and Kat allowed to stay. I'm so tired of Kelli keeping girls based solely on their looks, and as far as that goes, I don't think there's anything pretty about Lily at all. She looks like a hag this year. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, heckkitty said:

i noticed that when they first did the formation & Amy switched with Maddie, they had her in the same spot as Maddie & I think only the 2 of them switched. Now she’s behind Maddie & a bunch of them move. I wonder if they changed it because they noticed how she keeps screwing up, or because it looks better to have more than 2 people switching?

I prefer the version with more people moving. It's more dynamic choreography and less of a blatant we're just swapping the point to swap the point thing. Whatever the motive, I'll take better transitions.

19 hours ago, MamaMia said:

I think the way K&J presented point of the triangle was confusing. It appeared Amy was the official point. Amy still thought she was that night and couldn’t wait to share with her bff Kashara. Kashara did celebrate hard with the whole head thrashing 😂. That was great! 

I agree with others who think it was presented in the way that could potentially cause the most drama. Drama did not ensue, so they tried again with this call. We can't ever know how heavily edited this was or what order things were said. Amy seemed absolutely thrilled even after she got blindsided by having to share point after having been awarded it in a way that seemed singular. That says way more to me about her than a call to her bestie where she mentioned her own happiness before adding in the sharing part. Kashara started with the cute bit, so whatever there. The producers failed at making any significant drama if this was the most they could edit together. Congrats to both on point and handling it well!

• Love 11
6 hours ago, DCCobsessed said:

They are in pictures together on instagram, I think from last year.  I forget if it was meredith’s page or kitty’s page. 

So another "dancer" with a connection to one of TPTB has made the team??? Hhhmmmm..that is so interesting to me. No wonder world class dancers aren't  trying out for the team anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

The DCC are no longer about fielding a team of world class dancers. Instead, it’s ALL about producing a reality television show. 

Given they mostly do power pom, I doubt anybody has noticed much field difference. Even show group isn't what it used to be.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

are we not allowed to criticize or dislike certain DCC all of a sudden? who makes the decision as to who does or doesn't make that list?

I don't 'hate' Maddie. I dislike how she is treated in a way that is different to most of the others - she would be called fat if hse were any other DCC. KaShara struggled for years being told off about her weight, while Maddie gets away scot free with being thick int he middle in a way the other girls don't.  Her kicks are not great, yet that is never mentioned and it is obvious in her face how much of an effort it is for her, yet if she were another dancer that'd be mentioned by TPTB.
is she entertaining? sure. is that, however, held up by K&J as the only thing you need to get on the team? no.

Long-time lurker, first time poster. To be fair, in an interview with pro dance cheer about auditions when she was auditioning to be a second year vet, Maddie did mention that kicks are a weakness for her. At least she is self-aware about that. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

The DCC are no longer about fielding a team of world class dancers. Instead, it’s ALL about producing a reality television show. 

So basically, Kelli has sacrificed the reputation and tradition of the DCC for her own vanity and television "stardom". Glad someone finally said it - It is all about a reality tv show, not a dance team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, jlc said:

So basically, Kelli has sacrificed the reputation and tradition of the DCC for her own vanity and television "stardom". Glad someone finally said it - It is all about a reality tv show, not a dance team.

If it was about the dance team, they could have the team selected in 2-3 weeks. No reason to draw out the process other than for the show. 

I would take 3-6 episodes of all dancing and no filler over what we get now. 

• Love 16

If Lily would just allow her eyes to smile she would look much more natural. Instead, it's just her mouth that forces that robotic look. Someone a while back said that it's a modeling trick to smile that way (without crinkling the eyes/face)- but for dance it comes across as weird. Maybe she's had too much botox and can't move the top half of her face? It's funny I didn't notice it last year and I remember thinking she was really cute. This year, she looks so stressed. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

So who was the person sitting at the table chewing gum when we saw Julia sitting down.  Like a cow chewing her cud!  Didn’t it occur to her that a person sitting there would put her on TV!?  Must be someone from CMT.

It was the nurse from Baylor Scott and white hospital .... she was evaluating Julia 

I felt really bad for Julia and I can’t BELIEVE they were going to have the media day discussion with her the day after her car accident. I can’t believe they even filmed her. That was downright cruel. The tears and borderline hysterics were the aftermath of the accident; I highly doubt she would be that emotional otherwise. FWIW, I was in an accident around the same time, 400 miles away from home, both cars totaled, thankfully neither myself nor the person who cut me off to make the exit were hurt. I was a complete mess for at least a week if not two and we didn’t even go to the hospital. I really felt for her in that scene. Concussions, even mild ones, are no joke. Making her go on camera and present for an office visit disgusts me. That was out of control. DISGUSTING.

• Love 20
On 10/4/2019 at 12:45 PM, Opine said:

Well, we didn't really find out why Gabby was cut.  What will we NOT find out tonight?

* Will they explain the two points?

* Will they explain Julia (or is what we saw the answer)?

Rewatched last week's last night.

PPP (Personal Pet Peeve) - "whenever" I was a Jr DCC.  No, honey, it is WHEN.  Your hickdom is showing!  

Amen!!! This is really annoying!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, glossy said:

Are certain DCCs off limits in terms of criticism? We're all here for discussion and to express our opinions, so what's wrong with people saying they don't like Maddie for so and so reasons?

I would say that in this group we all have differing opinions and not everyone likes all DCCs.  It is just humorous if you read the FB group (I rarely do) because they adore Maddie and think VK is the second coming.  Here in real-ville, we don't all have the same opinion!!!  And we enjoy (for the most part) the debate.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I feel it's time to bring in someone who isn't focused on a reality show atmosphere. Keep Judy, but get a new director, someone who really wants the best dancers and wants to make the DCC world-renown once more for their skills.

• Love 14

1.  Kelli's comment after Lisa left, something like how did I let these become pep talks?, did anyone else read that she called Lisa in to cut her and then changed her mind?

2.  I have already posted that I think Amy is THE point based on the intros etc., but then I re-watched and Kelli definitely said TWO POINTS. 

3.  It's interesting that Kelli said she was happy they kept Kat because she was clearly a favorite but yet they keep someone else who is so NOT a favorite.  Also, I think they were really planning to cut Kat and changed their (her) mind. 

4.  I agree that it was mean to show Julia when she was still emotional about the wreck and clearly a little drugged up.  But I was actually a little impressed that Kelli got up from the table and hugged her.

5.  I also agree with the poster that said Kat called Cheryl the wrong name.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

The more I watch Maddie during the kickline, the ore it hurts - she makes the kicks look like they take such effort, especially compared to a lot of the other girls.  I originally liked Maddie, but the more K&J bend the rules for her (her weight is not DCC ready) and the more they act like she's the second coming of a dance God, the more she annoys me and her looking like she struggles through the kickline bugs me when othr girls get that pulled up as a serious issue

How they don't pull her up on her kicks, I will never know. She's got some of the heaviest kicks and like you say, it looks like soooo much effort, like she's got rocks in her boots or something!

• Love 1
On September 22, 2019 at 2:22 PM, DAthene said:

F93ED1D8-463B-4118-A55E-E418289B3286.jpeg

The kicks look good....

I'm thinking next year I may just try out

check list

Horse Teeth, average dancer, bleached blond 80's hairdo, no words- or random ditzy rambling,  flabby tummy, low kicks, best friends with Charlotte.... What else?!

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

In my opinion, the MTT show is fueling the income to the DCC.    Between money from the production company, more appearances from the publicity, money from viewers buying Cowboy gear, calendars, etc this show is a cash cow.     It also gives the Cowboys a way to show the Star facilities, and businesses for even more visitors. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

In real life is Kat still performing? I know early on she was seen and thought to be alternating. She's not posted much on social media for a long while.

Her and Meredith are switching out dancing at games !! So kat danced last home game Meredith will dance at this game 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I felt really bad for Julia and I can’t BELIEVE they were going to have the media day discussion with her the day after her car accident. I can’t believe they even filmed her. That was downright cruel. The tears and borderline hysterics were the aftermath of the accident; I highly doubt she would be that emotional otherwise. FWIW, I was in an accident around the same time, 400 miles away from home, both cars totaled, thankfully neither myself nor the person who cut me off to make the exit were hurt. I was a complete mess for at least a week if not two and we didn’t even go to the hospital. I really felt for her in that scene. Concussions, even mild ones, are no joke. Making her go on camera and present for an office visit disgusts me. That was out of control. DISGUSTING.

Been there, done that with car accidents (and of course where my horses try to off me) and they are very traumatic. I agree with you completely!  

Anyone want to bet they will cut her due to her "hysterics" in the office and say she is a risk due to that? I wouldn't put it past Kelli.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Opine said:

1.  Kelli's comment after Lisa left, something like how did I let these become pep talks?, did anyone else read that she called Lisa in to cut her and then changed her mind?

2.  I have already posted that I think Amy is THE point based on the intros etc., but then I re-watched and Kelli definitely said TWO POINTS. 

3.  It's interesting that Kelli said she was happy they kept Kat because she was clearly a favorite but yet they keep someone else who is so NOT a favorite.  Also, I think they were really planning to cut Kat and changed their (her) mind. 

4.  I agree that it was mean to show Julia when she was still emotional about the wreck and clearly a little drugged up.  But I was actually a little impressed that Kelli got up from the table and hugged her.

5.  I also agree with the poster that said Kat called Cheryl the wrong name.

Question for #3.  Who didn’t the group leaders give stickers to make the team? Did Kat get stickers? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Her and Meredith are switching out dancing at games !! So kat danced last home game Meredith will dance at this game 

I thought Rachel A sat out the first game. If other girls are taking turns sitting out, then can Kat and Meredith really be considered alternates? Be interesting to see if Meredith does sit. 

And how can those girls really improve if they’re not dancing all the time?

2 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I thought Rachel A sat out the first game. If other girls are taking turns sitting out, then can Kat and Meredith really be considered alternates? Be interesting to see if Meredith does sit. 

And how can those girls really improve if they’re not dancing all the time?

Rachel a sat out the first pre season game so they both got to dance that game 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Will be interesting to see if they make the team next year.

I wonder if K and J expected more injuries this year so Kat and Meredith would dance in more games together.

10 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

Question for #3.  Who didn’t the group leaders give stickers to make the team? Did Kat get stickers? 

None of the group leaders picked Lisa. They all picked Kat.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I don't understand how Meredith made this team. She can't do the DCC style, can't retain choreography, is dumb as a rock, blew her interview, and not a single group leader would put her on their team. Yet she was gifted a spot that she absolutely did not deserve. Is she a member of the Jones family or something?? If I were someone like Madeline S or Julia who had great potential but was cut, the fact that they put Meredith on the team would be enough to prevent me from coming back next year, just on principle. I can't see Meredith even lasting through a full season. She is way out of her league.

Perhaps she's one of the daughters bestie? I can't with her vocal fry and the whining...

• Love 4
20 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I don't understand how Meredith made this team. She can't do the DCC style, can't retain choreography, is dumb as a rock, blew her interview, and not a single group leader would put her on their team. Yet she was gifted a spot that she absolutely did not deserve. Is she a member of the Jones family or something?? If I were someone like Madeline S or Julia who had great potential but was cut, the fact that they put Meredith on the team would be enough to prevent me from coming back next year, just on principle. I can't see Meredith even lasting through a full season. She is way out of her league.

I actually seethe when I think about how unbelievably obnoxious Kelli was to Kelcey during the entire TCC summer worrying about having her speak too much and her embossing  herself again, making comments about marking the choreography, etc, and Meredith, who is so much worse, is her pet.  I.  Don’t.  Get.  It.   

• Love 23

Anyone else want to hear the full story behind Aaron Rodgers being mean to Maddie at a former visit to AT&T stadium? Kristie talks about it on Kelli’s Instastory. I will say I have heard stories of this guy being mean to people so I wasn’t surprised. But how can you be mean to Maddie? I understand why some people on this message board have issues with her in regards to dance and appearance but I have never heard she was anything but a nice person and I can’t imagine why anyone would be mean to her.

• Love 13