Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/16/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

54 minutes ago, TheView said:

I want a split screen with Meghan and Ana 

Megan's half would go blank a short time into the show as she stomps out of view and calls both Ana & Joy Motherf*#!ers and the audience laughs and claps uproariously.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Meghan's  point was. Taking  out the part sbout Assange, she thinks "people on the left" aren't ok with the whistleblower. When Joy asked her to clarify, saying  people see the whistleblower as a hero, Meghan is back with Assange releasing  Hillary's emails, and if you have a problem with a whistleblower,  OR YOU THINK HE'S A HERO, then you should have a problem with Assange as well. But isn't that the opposite of what she really meant? People aren't against the whistleblower,  they're against the treasonous act he/she uncovered! By the president! 

Meghan fucked up in making the discussion about Assange. But her fatal flaw , when it started to unravel, was when Ana was making a point and Meghan yelled out to thank an audience member who had clapped for what Meghan had just said. After that, Ana was not having any of Meghan's bullshit, and Meghan just kept screeching over her until the blowup.

Nobody on the panel, in the audience, or watching on tv,  could think Meghan was making sense.

Interpretation...

NutMeg: Blah blah blah the left blah blah (turns into a pretzel to make it about Liberal Left) blah blah blah I'm a bitch.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

Lost in the Fabulous Entertainment of a walk-off, I just remembered I wanted to comment on Meghan's presentation that Brad Pitt IS the character he played in "Fight Club" (1999).  Apparently he needs to explain why he was so macho-crazy in that film and now he wants men to reconsider what they think "masculinity" really is.

While he's 'splaining, I think we need to know if his only vulnerable area is his heel from his portrayal of Achilles in Troy (2004).

And can he now give the ancient secret of his aging backwards from an old man to a baby in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (2008)?

So much more...

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 13
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think that before the season started the network told Meghan to get her act together and stop with the dramatics.  She held it together for the past three weeks but today she lost it and the Real Meghan Mccain emerged.  

This 1000%  Ana IS a real political pundit, who respected by her peers.  She is quick witted, articulate, self confident and funny, all the things Meghan wishes she were and knows she isn't.  Ana is not intimidated by John Mccain's daughter and calls out Meghan's bad behavior.  

THIS !^^^^^

Moreover, .......Ana is just plain likeable. Whereas Meghan is not. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

While he's 'splaining, I think we need to know if his only vulnerable area is his heel from his portrayal of Achilles in Troy (2004).

And can he now give the ancient secret of his aging backwards from an old man to a baby in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (2008)?

But, are those movies "ICONIC?"  Because Meghan said Fight Club is ICONIC.  She said it more than once, so it must be true, and therefore Pitt needs to explain.🙄

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

His publisher and his wife.

TORONTO - Celebrated Canadian author and conservationist Graeme Gibson has died at 85, his publisher says.

Penguin Random House Canada shared news of his death on Wednesday. He is survived by his wife, writer Margaret Atwood, children and grandchildren.

In a statement, Atwood said Gibson was suffering from dementia and feared further decline, and his family was grateful he had the "swift exit" he wanted.

"He had a lovely last few weeks, and he went out on a high, surrounded by love, friendship and appreciation," Atwood said.

"We are grateful for his wise, ethical, and committed life."

Thank you Haachoo, my apologies to you. I should have been kinder in questioning your comment.

It’s an emotional subject for me. My husband is in the mid stages of Alzheimer’s.  You would be surprised what people say to me. 

• Love 2

1) Since when do Liberals like Assange? Seems to me it was some people on the right right that were thrilled with his leaking Hillary's e-mails. Pamela Anderson is just odd

2) Who is angry at the current whistleblower? Not liberals.

3) What does one have to do with the other? Assange was leaking classified info via the internet and seeking refuge with a foreign goverment. The current Whistleblower is using the correct channels.

Meghan was off the rails in more ways than one.

• Love 22
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Nobody on the panel, in the audience, or watching on tv,  could think Meghan was making sense.

What the hell was that?

37 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I'm pretty sure they were just clapping because they, like a lot of people who watch this show, love to watch Meghan get owned. 

I agree!

I don't know anyone who sides with Assange.  He is just some freak, causing trouble, living in another country's embassy.  If anyone likes Assange it would be the Trumpers.

I loved that the cameras are now showing us her storm off and the audiences reactions.  Ana's retort, "You don't have to shout I am 2 feet from you", was all kinds of awesome.

• Love 17
19 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan keeps saying the ratings are way up since she joined the show.  I think the ratings are up because they are waiting for her to totally lose it and go up in flames.   

I know *I* am waiting for an epic tantrum!  So close!

• Love 11
15 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

FINALLY! Someone told her to politely STFU and she loses it. Ana was GLORIOUS! Meghan was all sorts of word salad and rude. She could be reading a weather report and still be a rude asshole about it.

She knows no other way.  Can you imagine living with her???

15 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

....dont come back Meggie.

The only thing that would have made it better is if in her frustration she chose the wrong exit.  HA!

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, TheView said:

I want a split screen with Meghan and Ana 

THIS right here?  Would be worth its weight in gold and would even top Rosie/Bitsy which is not an easy task!

12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Megan's half would go blank a short time into the show as she stomps out of view and calls both Ana & Joy Motherf*#!ers and the audience laughs and claps uproariously.

IF she can get the words out between her hysterical crying, calling for her producer, and wailing for daddy.

4 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Thank you Haachoo, my apologies to you. I should have been kinder in questioning your comment.

It’s an emotional subject for me. My husband is in the mid stages of Alzheimer’s.  You would be surprised what people say to me. 

I am so sorry

• Love 7
15 hours ago, TheView said:

The Princess said Ana was being rude. 

Well of course!  It’s very rude to not let Me-again blab around in circles and pretend she’s making sense.  I just had to watch again- so entertaining!   She doesn’t even know what point she was trying to make and THAT was what upset her.  I think halfway through that nonsense, SHE didn’t even understand it. And BTW, I just can’t with Abby.  Re-watching it, her nonsense got overlooked because of MM.  I thought she was goi g to cry “ this is insane!! We don’t know the facts yet!!”

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

And BTW, I just can’t with Abby.  Re-watching it, her nonsense got overlooked because of MM.  I thought she was goi g to cry “ this is insane!! We don’t know the facts yet!!”

Yet she did remember her party's (her father's?) talking points about how unsafe all of our "Intelligence officials" had become.  Joy's comment about Trump went unnoticed/unchallenged.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

The only thing that would have made it better is if in her frustration she chose the wrong exit.  HA!

I always love that on Judge Judy.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

MM's behavior yesterday reminded me of those women on Maury who spend 10 minutes jumping and screeching about how they're "4,000 percent" sure that whatever loser they dragged in from the gutter is the father of their unfortunately named child, only to  haul ass off the stage the second it's revealed that he isn't.

That's hilarious.  I rarely see that show but I do remember YEARS AGO, some poor loser-mama ran backstage and THREW herself on the floor.  Producers must have loved it; that type of behavior goes on all the time now (if the show is still on).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Please SNL, don't let us down tonight...

Oh, CRAP!  Is that tonight??  Thought the new season starts next week.

6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Pitt needs to explain.

You're right, Tinkerbell.  Bring him on...question the hell outta him.  And then they can call him "A Friend of the Show."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Sorry, HisBunkie.  First, it wasn't my comment you questioned.  I think it was ChicagoCita's...but there were so many quotes within quotes I can't be sure.  I did read it the wrong way...like a sarcastic, "SAYS WHO???" 

I'll be 80 in June and have my share of friends with dementia (Alzheimer's is not easy to diagnose), their spouses with dementia...several lost friends due to this ever-growing problem.  My sons and I had to help their estranged father for four years.  He dumped us 30+yrs earlier.  He burned all his bridges and there was no one left to help him but his sons--and because I had available time, I did much of the coordinating. 

It was easier for us than for most others because we truly didn't care about him at all--didn't like him, hate him, or respect him.  It was almost like a chosen volunteer position.  He lost everything and we were able to find an assisted living home that would take him for only his Social Security.  For four years I/we visited, attended their parties, and took him the requested clothing and toiletries.  

He maintained his sense of humor even though he didn't know who we were or who he was.  So easy for us; so difficult for those who love and care about their family member(s).    I'm sorry for you.

Coincidentally, I've been in an Alzheimer's Research project with Mayo Clinic for 19 years.  I spend a full day at Mayo once a year for all kinds of tests.  Luckily, I'm in the group without the disease in my family.  So far.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Yet she did remember her party's (her father's?) talking points about how unsafe all of our "Intelligence officials" had become.  Joy's comment about Trump went unnoticed/unchallenged.

I always love that on Judge Judy.

Me too!  I love that show!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Sorry, HisBunkie.  First, it wasn't my comment you questioned.  I think it was ChicagoCita's...but there were so many quotes within quotes I can't be sure.  I did read it the wrong way...like a sarcastic, "SAYS WHO???" 

I'll be 80 in June and have my share of friends with dementia (Alzheimer's is not easy to diagnose), their spouses with dementia...several lost friends due to this ever-growing problem.  My sons and I had to help their estranged father for four years.  He dumped us 30+yrs earlier.  He burned all his bridges and there was no one left to help him but his sons--and because I had available time, I did much of the coordinating. 

It was easier for us than for most others because we truly didn't care about him at all--didn't like him, hate him, or respect him.  It was almost like a chosen volunteer position.  He lost everything and we were able to find an assisted living home that would take him for only his Social Security.  For four years I/we visited, attended their parties, and took him the requested clothing and toiletries.  

He maintained his sense of humor even though he didn't know who we were or who he was.  So easy for us; so difficult for those who love and care about their family member(s).    I'm sorry for you.

Coincidentally, I've been in an Alzheimer's Research project with Mayo Clinic for 19 years.  I spend a full day at Mayo once a year for all kinds of tests.  Luckily, I'm in the group without the disease in my family.  So far.

I was being sarcastic and I’m so sorry.  

We are lucky to have exceptional health coverage and long term insurance.  He’s doing well at this time although his short term memory continues to deteriorate. We are getting services through Johns Hopkins.  We are deep in it, luckily I’m pretty healthy and a decade younger  

Interestingly, today is World Alzheimer’s Day. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Ok, I watched it again, and here is how I see Meghan's view:

Whistleblower? I'm not up on the latest news, but you know who is a whistleblower? Assange! Liberals love him! That's who I want to talk about. And you can't stop me! Assange! His girlfriend was on here, I said he was a cyber terrorist. That is who I want to talk about, and you can't stop me.  Assange,  Assange,  Assange! Wikileaks! Emails! Assange!

🤯

This is way more coherent than Meghan was. It's like you're a Entitled Babbling translator!

16 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Lost in the Fabulous Entertainment of a walk-off, I just remembered I wanted to comment on Meghan's presentation that Brad Pitt IS the character he played in "Fight Club" (1999).  Apparently he needs to explain why he was so macho-crazy in that film and now he wants men to reconsider what they think "masculinity" really is.

So much more...

Ah yes. Apparently,  Brad Pitt can never (no, nevah!) have an opinion about toxic masculinity because he was in Fight Club twenty-ish years ago.  Heaven forbid he say anything against stealing or gambling because he was in Ocean's 11, 12, AND 13! Meghan-logic makes things so easy to understand! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Bless your little family for looking after the husband/father who had abandoned you many years prior.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Bless your little family for looking after the husband/father who had abandoned you many years prior.

Awwww, thanks, MCrow.  My two sisters and I said we came from a "long line" of women taking up where the fathers left off.  My grandfather died in 1933, leaving a widow with nothing but five kids.  My father "absconded," and so did my ex.  Just women doing what women do!

• Love 12
On 9/20/2019 at 6:15 PM, falltime said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you for those. I had seen clips on Twitter but these GIFs that slow things down a bit make the result of her temper tantrum even funnier. 

Edited by Jaded
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

MM's behavior yesterday reminded me of those women on Maury who spend 10 minutes jumping and screeching about how they're "4,000 percent" sure that whatever loser they dragged in from the gutter is the father of their unfortunately named child, only to  haul ass off the stage the second it's revealed that he isn't. The audiences' reactions were pretty similar, too.

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

According to the Daily Mail, this was the point Meghan was trying to make.

During the discussion, McCain attempted to point out the hypocrisy of some on the left who have taken Trump to task for allegedly inviting foreign meddling but who have simultaneously praised Julian Assange for doing the exact same thing.

Did she say that? I had to turn the show off after listening to her in the first five minutes of the show.  What she was saying made no sense to me. Liberals, presumably meaning those who supported Hillary Clinton, supported Assange's release of Clinton's email? Huh, what? And I guess by the way she was blathering on conservatives were too morally righteous to have supported such a thing? Yeah, that was enough to make me quit watching.

I don't know if the author of the article is a friend of Meghan or not. S/he did note Meghan walking off and what she said to Ana (oh, by the way, she apparently told Ana "Welcome back!" when she walked past her), but the author also seems to downplay a lot of Meghan's rudeness.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, piccadilly83 said:

She apparently told Ana "Welcome back!" when she walked past her), but the author also seems to downplay a lot of Meghan's rudeness.

I heard it when I rewatched the clip. Megun said "welcome back" to Ana in a sarcastic, snarky tone of voice that was not the least bit welcoming.

• Love 8

Jeez. Who cares if some fringe Neo Liberals are "Ok with Assange."? Most liberals are not.  What a stupid point.

Also, ASSange isnt President. ....and WHY is she using pretzel logic to defend a man she hates? Is "owning the libs" that important?

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

Also, ASSange isnt President. ....and WHY is she using pretzel logic to defend a man she hates? Is "owning the libs" that important?

Because her "man" has convinced her that with his assistance she is utterly brilliant and smarter than most other Americans...including us!  Snotty brat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, piccadilly83 said:

Oh, of course. Didn't mean to imply that was.

You didn't, but Megun supporters took the words at face value, with no mention of tone or context.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1

Ok. I finally got to watch Fri’s show. From the moment she walked on stage Meg had a sour look on her face. She was already annoyed about something. (Probably Ana’s presence.)  She made absolutely no sense with the “liberals are ok with Assange” thing and was a complete bitch to everyone.  Just for the record the on demand show does show her leaving the set and the stunned looks from the audience. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7