Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/16/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ok, so just went back and look at the episode to see big baby stomp off again. And I swear it looks like she says something to Ana as she walks past her.  

*I rewatched it a few times and she definitely said something.  You see Ana slightly move her head in Meghan's direction. 

Edited 39 minutes ago by Coffeewinewater

I thought so, too!

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Leaving aside Meghan walking off, w hat point was she trying to make? I'm completely baffled. Libruls are mad at this whistleblower but happy with Assange? I still don't logically understand it.

Out of all the moronic things Meghan has said (and there are so so many) this has to be at the top of the list.  She thinks liberals liked Assange hurting Hillary don't like someone hurting Trump?  Sounds like she got into Whoopi's stash.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 15

When the possibility of a presidential impeachment came up, Meghan McCain began comparing this whistleblower to Julian Assange's WikiLeaks scandal.

"There's a lot of liberals who are OK with Julian Assange releasing Hillary [Clinton]’s emails... And now at the same time, those same people are screaming bloody murder about this whistleblower," she claimed.

McCain continued by saying that "all interference from a foreign country... is bad" and "you can’t play party politics with this," before Joy Behar interrupted to ask who McCain was referring to in her previous statement.

"Excuse me! I'm still speaking," McCain shouted in response.

The conversation continued for a bit before Ana Navarro took McCain's side telling her, "I'm with you. I have a problem with both... They'd like for it to go away... the administration, the people who are actually impacted by this."

"All Americans are impacted by this!" McCain yelled, rolling her eyes when Behar told her, "she's talking," in reference to Navarro.

Sunny Hostin then refocused the conversation on McCain, once again asking her to clarify her stance. As Behar, Navarro and Abby Huntsman jumped into the discussion, McCain yelled, "Excuse me! Maybe I was clumsy in the way that I said it." 

"I'm two feet away, I don't need you to scream at me this way," Navarro replied.

"I don't know what you just said," McCain, who had continued to speak when Navarro began talking, said.

"I said don't scream at me, I'm two feet away," Navarro repeated.

"You know what, that's so rude, Ana," McCain said as Behar led the show to a commercial break.

As the announcer began stating what was up next on the show via voice over, the camera flashed to clapping audience members before focusing back on the hosts' table, where McCain was seen exiting the stage. The camera next panned back to the audience, where those present were gasping and laughing.

According to one Twitter user, The View had to "add extra commercials" due to McCain's absence. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/meghan-mccain-walks-off-the-view-set-after-tense-ana-navarro-argument/ar-AAHBgka?li=BBnb7Kz

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:
3 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

I agree - it was odd the way that Sunny mentioned 'our thoughts are with you'. I don't think she had time to make it clearer and perhaps didn't want to upset Ms. Atwood? Two days ago - I'm amazed she (Ms. Atwood) was even on the show!

He had Alzheimer's & it was a welcome passing!!!

Says who?

Oh to be a fly on the wall during the hair and make up pre show discussions! Joy obviously knew that Meghan's objective was to muddle things up by bringing in Assange (WTF?) to the whistleblower discussion. Derail, distract. And Abby was an accomplice. Thank goodness Ana was there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

PinkUnicorn.thumb.png.22fb73dda09414ef1a73d43d27ffe8c1.png

Abby sez:  My daughter would've run away screaming if I did that!

HaaCHOO sez:  Your daughter is two years old...or almost!  This little girl is six and it's her first day of school.   Not pre-pre-preschool...real school!  You have four years to introduce her to some fun.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:
4 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

I agree - it was odd the way that Sunny mentioned 'our thoughts are with you'. I don't think she had time to make it clearer and perhaps didn't want to upset Ms. Atwood? Two days ago - I'm amazed she (Ms. Atwood) was even on the show!

He had Alzheimer's & it was a welcome passing!!!

Says who?

His publisher and his wife.

TORONTO - Celebrated Canadian author and conservationist Graeme Gibson has died at 85, his publisher says.

Penguin Random House Canada shared news of his death on Wednesday. He is survived by his wife, writer Margaret Atwood, children and grandchildren.

In a statement, Atwood said Gibson was suffering from dementia and feared further decline, and his family was grateful he had the "swift exit" he wanted.

"He had a lovely last few weeks, and he went out on a high, surrounded by love, friendship and appreciation," Atwood said.

"We are grateful for his wise, ethical, and committed life."

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall during the hair and make up pre show discussions! Joy obviously knew that Meghan's objective was to muddle things up by bringing in Assange (WTF?) to the whistleblower discussion. Derail, distract. And Abby was an accomplice. Thank goodness Ana was there. 

That is what Megan always does when any news is bad for her side, derail, distract and distort the facts.. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, After7Only said:

MM has been much better this season..... until today.   She didn't make her argument clumsily, she just made a bad argument.   It made 0 sense to say that liberals were pro-Assange and anti-whistleblower.   Liberals love the whistleblower.  Then I think she tried to change it to liberals are pro-Assange releasing classified and endangering others, but anti-Trump endangering others?   Either way bad argument.

Also noticed the Ana/MM tiff began a about a minute earlier when Ana was talking about distractions and made a Stephen Miller joke, MM then says, I don't understand your point.  And Ana said, It's called a sense of humor.....

Joy smirked after Ana made that comment, Joy has said the same thing to her in the past. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan losing her mind over Ana was amazing.  Ana calmly put her in place when she got nasty with her for no reason..

SHE's BAAAAAaaaaack ... and I don't mean Ana.  I knew her good behavior couldn't last.  I saw that left ear going red and waited for the fireworks.

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

And Joy, get your cock-eyed glasses adjusted!

She may have my particular "deformity." One ear is slightly higher than the other, and it is a fulltime job keeping one's eyeglasses on an even keel.

4 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Ninja'd, but, yeah, her husband had dementia. It was not a shocking out-of-the-blue death.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

PinkUnicorn.thumb.png.22fb73dda09414ef1a73d43d27ffe8c1.png

Abby sez:  My daughter would've run away screaming if I did that!

HaaCHOO sez:  Your daughter is two years old...or almost!  This little girl is six and it's her first day of school.   Not pre-pre-preschool...real school! You have four years to introduce her to some fun.

😂I love it. Pre-pre-pre school. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM has been much better this season..... until today.   She didn't make her argument clumsily, she just made a bad argument.   It made 0 sense to say that liberals were pro-Assange and anti-whistleblower.   Liberals love the whistleblower.  Then I think she tried to change it to liberals are pro-Assange releasing classified and endangering others, but anti-Trump endangering others?   Either way bad argument.

Also noticed the Ana/MM tiff began a about a minute earlier when Ana was talking about distractions and made a Stephen Miller joke, MM then says, I don't understand your point.  And Ana said, It's called a sense of humor.....

She probably just botched her husbands point.  It made so much sense when he told her this morning!  Bless her heart.

28 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan keeps saying the ratings are way up since she joined the show.  I think the ratings are up because they are waiting for her to totally lose it and go up in flames.   

I think there was definitely a spark.  I guess you could say Ana was the kindling.

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, carrps said:

She may have my particular "deformity." One ear is slightly higher than the other, and it is a fulltime job keeping one's eyeglasses on an even keel.

Same here.  I've gone a lifetime with cockeyed glasses because of my wonky ears. 🤣

I haven't seen today's episode yet, but I've seen the big walk off on twitter.  The View is trending and people are definitely on Ana's side. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

And Meghan is just wrong. The whistleblower has to go through all types of legal channels to do this properly, including a formal complaint okayed by a judge. And she compares that to wikileakes. 🙄

This. I remember when Snowden leaked classified information and took off for Hong Kong and then Russia, he was called a whistleblower by some people (not me), and some on the left (I am a lefty) and some libertarians welcomed it, but I did not, because he could have gotten a lawyer and done things properly. It might have cost him something, but what did he cost our service men and women and intel agents?

Assange is nothing but a self-promoter with his own agenda. He's not a whistleblower in the least. Again, some on the left and some libertarians welcomed Wikileaks, but it was Trump up there at rallies salivating as he declared his love for Wikileaks. Most liberals I know think Assange was just one the tools  in Putin's chest. Meghan is all wet on this one.

4 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan's walk-off already has a few articles, too. Here's one - HuffPost.  Her reps say that she is offering "no comment". 

I think she dislikes Ana because she knows that Ana is smarter than her and more accomplished, and does a better job at being a political pundit (CNN included).  She also knows she can't influence Ana, and I'm sure that frustrates her.

I think this is absolutely it. Meghan was a rude cuss to Ana long before those wedding invites went out. She feels threatened by Ana, because Ana is way more up for this job than McCant ever will be. 

• Love 21

The only reason I watched today is because I wanted to see the interview with Margaret Atwood.  I was nervous about what Meghan would do....since she probably does not see the similarities in what her tribe does to what is in the book or the show.  When Margaret started right off defending Roe v. Wade I was really surprised Megnut did not fly off the handle with her late term abortion and infanticide screams. Maybe it was because of Ms. Atwoods age, or her quiet dignified demeanor or the fact that her husband died 2 days ago...something kept her quiet. She can control herself sometimes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Meghan keeps saying the ratings are way up since she joined the show.  I think the ratings are up because they are waiting for her to totally lose it and go up in flames.   

Whatever reason is fine enough for ABC.  The View is in the news, trending on twitter, etc.  They love it.  She will be there forever.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think the no wedding invite got to her.  She SOOO wants to be one of the cool kids.  That and being at an intellectual disadvantage.  Ana didn't need daddy to get her a job.

Ana wasn't at Meghan's wedding.  Why would Meghan even THINK she would be invited????

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think the ratings are up because they are waiting for her to totally lose it and go up in flames. 

I know I am.  She has made watching the show miserable for many of us.  The past two weeks were amazingly calm, and then there's today.  Will Little Tough as Nails be ill on Monday?

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I got to see the great walk-off - 

MM's voice was loud, Anna kind of quietly said, "You don't have to shout, I'm two feet from you."  MM's reaction was to get a bit more loud.* And accuse Anna of being rude.  What is wrong with MM???

*I have a tendency to raise my voice unconsciously whether I'm happy,excited, upset, sad, etc.  My friends have to remind me to keep my voice down.  I always apologize and really try to do so but still not 100% successful.  So I kind of get why she becomes so loud but she never acknowledges it nor apologizes for doing so.  

• Love 9

Ok, so clearly MM's stomp-off overshadowed the other disaster of the day: Sunny's hair. I hated it!. She should have just pulled it all back into the ponytail instead of sporting the "slick in the back, loose n fluffy in the front" look.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Says who?

In a statement, Margaret Atwood said: "We are devastated by the loss of Graeme, our beloved father, grandfather, and spouse, but we are happy that he achieved the kind of swift exit he wanted and avoided the decline into further dementia that he feared. He had a lovely last few weeks, and he went out on a high, surrounded by love, friendship and appreciation. We are grateful for his wise, ethical, and committed life."

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Meghan's  point was. Taking  out the part sbout Assange, she thinks "people on the left" aren't ok with the whistleblower. When Joy asked her to clarify, saying  people see the whistleblower as a hero, Meghan is back with Assange releasing  Hillary's emails, and if you have a problem with a whistleblower,  OR YOU THINK HE'S A HERO, then you should have a problem with Assange as well. But isn't that the opposite of what she really meant? People aren't against the whistleblower,  they're against the treasonous act he/she uncovered! By the president! 

Meghan fucked up in making the discussion about Assange. But her fatal flaw , when it started to unravel, was when Ana was making a point and Meghan yelled out to thank an audience member who had clapped for what Meghan had just said. After that, Ana was not having any of Meghan's bullshit, and Meghan just kept screeching over her until the blowup.

Nobody on the panel, in the audience, or watching on tv,  could think Meghan was making sense.

This. She made absolutely no sense, it really was completely confusing. She was  just saying nonsensical words 😂. What she really meant who the f knows? I personally think having Ana there makes her crazy and throws her off, which ain't saying much lol. So if we have to have this big baby all week, can we at least have Ana every Friday?

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Ok, so clearly MM's stomp-off overshadowed the other disaster of the day: Sunny's hair. I hated it!. She should have just pulled it all back into the ponytail instead of sporting the "slick in the back, loose n fluffy in the front" look.

Sunny's toddler bow-shaped and bedazzled barrette was cringeworthy, but she probably thought she looked cute.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm still just stunned that the Princess of Arizona Snowflake -- who not even a year ago snapped at septuagenarian Joy Behar, who was on the show literally on Day One: "YOUR JOB IS TO LISTEN TO ME!" -- has the ever-loving nerve to throw a hissy fit when called out, calmly, on screaming at the person two feet away from her. "You're rude!" 

Classic bully: Can dish it out, but can't take it.

One little thing to add....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

think having Ana there makes her crazy

Not far to go. I personally don't need the crazy, but actual commenting on the latest news, please theView.

Edited by nokat
Mane n Tail, Abby, need I say more
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

This. She made absolutely no sense, it really was completely confusing. She was  just saying nonsensical words 😂. What she really meant who the f knows? I personally think having Ana there makes her crazy and throws her off, which ain't saying much lol. So if we have to have this big baby all week, can we at least have Ana every Friday?

Ok, I watched it again, and here is how I see Meghan's view:

Whistleblower? I'm not up on the latest news, but you know who is a whistleblower? Assange! Liberals love him! That's who I want to talk about. And you can't stop me! Assange! His girlfriend was on here, I said he was a cyber terrorist. That is who I want to talk about, and you can't stop me.  Assange,  Assange,  Assange! Wikileaks! Emails! Assange!

🤯

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 15
  • Love 9