Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/16/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Just now, tinkerbell said:

If you scroll back, on 9/17, you quoted someone else's post that contained that comment. The way the forum works. if person A quotes  person B, and then person C quotes that part of A's post, it looks like A said it.  It's happened to me too. The way to avoid it is for people to make sure they're quoting from the original post.

I’ve had it happened too. It made it appear I said something I’d never say. I was like, hold up, I’ve never had this opinion! Lol 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Megs must have cleaned the toilets before going to work this morning.

I didn’t understand the point of the interview with the Washington Post reporter.  Something we can’t talk about  may have happened, with people we can’t disclose.  Very informative.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 9/17/2019 at 9:38 PM, Dahlia said:
On 9/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, heysmilinstrange said:

Say what you want about Whoopi--she's not vain about her appearance. It's not easy to refuse to conform to beauty norms.

She couldn’t even if she wanted to. That ship has long since sailed....

Edited Tuesday at 09:49 PM by Dahlia

While no long thin or young, Whoopi has aged very well. Her hair and skin look great.

• Love 14

So Me-gun dated every shape, size, color when she was single because-hey, she is a very diverse person who loves to see for herself all of the amazing people/men in this world.  Yeah right, I wonder how many libs she had a good time with?

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

So Me-gun dated every shape, size, color when she was single because-hey, she is a very diverse person who loves to see for herself all of the amazing people/men in this world.  Yeah right, I wonder how many libs she had a good time with?

I’m curious just how diverse the guys she dated really were. I find it especially hard to picture her with someone who’s got liberal views. I guess if a guy were amazing in every other way, she’d deal with him not being conservative? I’m sure she’d hold people who aren’t like her to higher standards of accomplishments and attractiveness than she would Republican men. 

It’s sort of like some of the racists I know. While I definitely think one is less likely to be a bigot if they’re open to dating people of different backgrounds, I know so many racists who make exceptions if someone who’s not the color of their preference is particularly pretty or wealthy or whatever. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, rollacoaster said:

Her hair and skin look great.

I think her "own" grey hair has been damaged and thinned beyond anything we really see.  It probably takes some real expertise to weave in the "hair" we see. The majority of those who comment determined she has worn "loc extensions" for years.  Still, they always look good and her skin is natural.

• Love 5

This is an example.

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

If you scroll back, on 9/17, you quoted someone else's post that contained that comment. The way the forum works. if person A quotes  person B, and then person C quotes that part of A's post, it looks like A said it.  It's happened to me too. The way to avoid it is for people to make sure they're quoting from the original post.

I’ve had it happened too. It made it appear I said something I’d never say. I was like, hold up, I’ve never had this opinion! Lol 

Because it has happened to me, I try to be very careful to make sure that all posters' names are included.   Is it no longer working or is it difficult?

• Love 3

Watching on DVR.  Can't wait for the Downton Abbey segment!!!
Takes so far:   Nutty looks like a villainess in a 1930s film noir.

Wardrobe hates AH-bie today.

Sunny's top looks like something from the seconds bin at Walmart.

Even Joy is not immune.   Cheesy looking animal print.

I'm extra cranky today, looks like.   I'll perk up when I see Lady Mary and Mister Carson.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

This is an example.

Because it has happened to me, I try to be very careful to make sure that all posters' names are included.   Is it no longer working or is it difficult?

I personally find it quite easy to quote the correct person. At least I think I do! 😀

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

And she said she couldn't be in a relationship with someone who felt counter to her strong beliefs and values.

Well, isn't she supposed to be very pro-gay?  and her husband is, well, not so much

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Megs must have cleaned the toilets before going to work this morning.

My first thought was who died? Second thought, is she auditioning for a scullery maid role in a Downton Abby skit or taking over Sunny's role in the View Your Deal segment?  I was glad to see she wasn't in the Downton Abby segment to whine about how unAmerican the movie is.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I don't know why Joy( sigh) had to bring up what they were dealing with in the US,

Joy is always bringing up Trump and politics in conversations where it has absolutely nothing to do with them. It can be annoying sometimes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

This is an example.

SOme times, the issue is if you highlight on part of a quoted post, it doesn't show that you are someone quoting someone else.  If you quote the whole post, it shows the quote within the quote. 

Example -   I highlighted MY post that you quoted, above, and this is what it looks like: 

44 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

It looks like the quoted words came from HAACHOO, when they were actually MY words, that she quoted.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I used to watch her show, and I remember she also teased Loni Love about her weight. I don’t like friends mocking one a another’s looks, but they’re great friends. 

I also remember Chelsea grabbing TI’s butt when he came on the stage. I’m sure she wouldn’t dare do that in the current climate.

Chelsea is by no means perfect, but I like that she’s doing her best to be better and learn. There are people who are so dismissive of racism. They don’t want the PC police, if a person of color talks about some truly hurtful experience, they’ll complain how they couldn’t get into college as easily, and that white people have it just as bad in this world. I know so many people like this, so I appreciate Chelsea taking white privilege seriously now. 

I was afraid to say that I’m a long time fan also, read her books watched  her show and have seen in her concert.  I too was uncomfortable with Chuy even knowing  I knew how good she was to her friends.  I admire her come to a Jesus moment that she knew nothing about what was going on in the world and set out to change that.  She’s traveled extensively to learn ( great interview with Al Franklin back before his step down) and is very active in getting women elected. 

Joy looks fabulous in that color and am thrilled perhaps she will  be at the helm more often. 

I had to stop freeze because I got a call and don’t know what Megan is doing style wise.   Yuk yuk on Abby telling MM was a good tweeter. 

Well since it was Abby who said “ you guys were such an escape for us when we all needed it “   what was she referring to ? anyone?  So Joy said “ the movie is an escape right  now.”  She never mentioned Trump she was adding to Abby’s insight. 

Joy is the biggest BBC and PBS fan as I am so she’s perfect for the interview.   No bachelor, Kardashian’s  reality shows for her. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I didn’t understand the point of the interview with the Washington Post reporter.  Something we can’t talk about  may have happened, with people we can’t disclose.  Very informative.

Rachel Maddow had one of the WaPo reporter said on last night, and that show may have been a better format for the topic. I appreciate The View’s focus on politics, but it does better when interviewing politicians than trying to be a hard news show. It’s basically a story where you have to read between the lines because the WaPo can’t just come out and accuse Trump of what the whistleblower is suggesting (that he was trading favors or intelligence to a foreign leader, in a way unsettling enough for an intelligence officer to go to his higher-ups, and we’re not SAYING it was Putin ... )

• Love 10

Megun doesn't like conspiracy theories and yet she has no problem spreading misinformation or twisting things.

With the way the panel talks about Kelly Ann Conway and George Conway, I thought he was left leaning or something. Surprised to learn that he is republican, so him and Kelly Ann ain't that different. He just ain't a trumper.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Joy looks fabulous in that color and am thrilled perhaps she will  be at the helm more often. 

I definitely don't like that color or pattern of Joy's blouse today.  STILL...the entire picture was fabulous coordinating...hair, coloring, glasses, make-up, blouse.  Kadooz*, Wardrobe People (or Joy).

*  ™Ramona/RHONY

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

It looks like the quoted words came from HAACHOO, when they were actually MY words, that she quoted.

But Haachoo (me) did it correctly and it worked.

The system does work, but we need to be careful...and check our posts before we "Submit Reply."   Oh, well.....

7 hours ago, Tammee said:

But Chuy, dressed as Cupid, with a kids toy bow and arrow, trying to fly on the rope thing and shoot the arrow.  Omg too dam funny

But sad and cringeworthy for many....

• Love 5
5 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

So Me-gun dated every shape, size, color when she was single because-hey, she is a very diverse person who loves to see for herself all of the amazing people/men in this world.

OR...they were all online hook-ups, "Meet me in the bar in ten minutes."  

Speaking of that, Abby...    There were "Personals" ads in newspapers for decades, maybe back to the 30s.  Some of them were submitted by people wanting romance.  They were anonymous and usually contacted through a box number at the newspaper.  They became "Strictly Personal" types in the 80s and

90s.  Here's an example from 1984.PersonalAD.jpg.6d4c2eed2b971ffa2c3664214a06b1a2.jpg

One never knew what he or she would SEE upon meeting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I definitely don't like that color or pattern of Joy's blouse today.  STILL...the entire picture was fabulous coordinating...hair, coloring, glasses, make-up, blouse.  Kadooz*, Wardrobe People (or Joy).

*  ™Ramona/RHONY

I applaud any and all uses of kadooz. 😽

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m curious just how diverse the guys she dated really were. I find it especially hard to picture her with someone who’s got liberal views. I guess if a guy were amazing in every other way, she’d deal with him not being conservative? I’m sure she’d hold people who aren’t like her to higher standards of accomplishments and attractiveness than she would Republican men. 

It’s sort of like some of the racists I know. While I definitely think one is less likely to be a bigot if they’re open to dating people of different backgrounds, I know so many racists who make exceptions if someone who’s not the color of their preference is particularly pretty or wealthy or whatever. 

I believe it. If I recall, this would have been when Meghan was in her "I'm Not like Traditional Republicans, I'm a COOL Conservative" phase in which she claimed that the Republican rank-and-file objected to her tats and rebellious coolness, but no one really gave a shit. They DID, however, hate that she was socially liberal at the time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I really hope Ana comes back soon. I'm thrilled that we'll have Joy as a moderator - I'm tired of Whoopi's word salad.

I'm kind of confused about the whistle-blower situation. I laughed at the way Abby barrelled in to ask her question - she didn't even bother to identify herself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Meghan said that Republican presidential candidate Joe Walsh has a "disgusting social media presence", and that she doesn't like that.  Okay, mm-hmm.  it's good that she has higher standards for everyone else.

12 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Nutty looks like a villainess in a 1930s film noir

Definitely a film noir villainess.  Even her facial expression was especially stern during the early segments. 

• Love 6

While I agree that Joy can sometimes be funny by interjecting her comedienne expertise, by the same token she can be extremely annoying! In fact, she is doing exactly what BW always used to do...that is, interrupt everyone to "explain" what that person is about to say.

When BW used to do that, Joy used to roll her eyes and/or say "they know who that is". Too bad she can't see that she's mimicking her former co-host by doing the same thing almost every day.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan said that Republican presidential candidate Joe Walsh has a "disgusting social media presence", and that she doesn't like that.  Okay, mm-hmm.  it's good that she has higher standards for everyone else.

Definitely a film noir villainess.  Even her facial expression was especially stern during the early segments. 

Her husband is no choir boy either

• Love 11

Oh, pooh. I’m OOT so I didn’t see the whistleblower segment here or on Rachel’s show. I’d love to hear what the reporter said because I have a suspicion about who the WB is. 

Whoever asked above about the cast of the new The Stand, it’s on IMDb.com. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Oh shit!  Ana just said to Motor Mouth McCain "Don't scream at me, I'm 2 feet away"

unfortunately, the powers that be will take Megzy's side and Ana will be reprimanded or canned... 

can't mess with our special girl

• Love 1