Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/16/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 16 
 Original moderator of “The View,” Meredith Vieira (host, “25 Words or Less”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Sept. 17
 Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday, Sept. 18 
Chelsea Handler (“Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea”)

Thursday, Sept. 19 
Hugh Bonneville, Laura Carmichael, Jim Carter, Michelle Dockery and Allen Leech (“Downton Abbey”)

Friday, Sept. 20 
“The Handmaid’s Tale” author, Margaret Atwood (book, “The Testaments”)

• Love 6

Decent lineup this week. I just watched Chelsea’s documentary about white privilege and it was fantastic. I’m curious to see how the Daughters aka the main ones who need to be a part of the conversation are going to approach the subject, or if they’re even going to be allowed to sit at the table during the interview. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

if they’re even going to be allowed to sit at the table during the interview. 

I thought the same thing when I saw Chelsea listed as a guest. Are they going to have Megun away for the Chelsea segment again?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Nutmeg:   "The cast is died"  (The cast is dyed??  The cast has died??)   Even Whoopie had to correct the Golden Child.   I don't know if Nutty misspoke or if she actually has been saying that phrase incorrectly her whole life.   You know nobody else would have dared to correct her.

p.s.   She was trying to say 'The die is cast'.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Nutmeg:   "The cast is died"  (The cast is dyed??  The cast has died??)   Even Whoopie had to correct the Golden Child.   I don't know if Nutty misspoke or if she actually has been saying that phrase incorrectly her whole life.   You know nobody else would have dared to correct her.

p.s.   She was trying to say 'The die is cast'.

Of for fuck's sake.  Wasn't she just last week bragging about her Ivy League education? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

The James Corden monologue is worth watching in it's entirety.  It's beautifully written (I don't know if he wrote it, but his delivery was just right -YouTube.  It's about 8 minutes long. 

Didn't Meghan "meet" her husband on Twitter?

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 13

I miss Joy. The way Whoopi was looking at Abby during the NYT segment was so funny to me. Have Sunny's eyes always been big? During the Meredith interview, they kept switching the camera angle every 2 seconds, I didn't like it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Did Meghan just say “supposubly”? It’s supposedly, Ms. “Pundit”. 

Surprisingly, supposably is a proper word.  Clear Meghan was using as supposedly, so a malaprop.

3 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

For someone that loves FOX so much Abby sure hates the media.

It disturbs Abby's role-colored glasses.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, lusinia said:

The James Corden monologue is worth watching in it's entirety.  It's beautifully written (I don't know if he wrote it, but his delivery was just right -YouTube.  It's about 8 minutes long. 

Didn't Meghan "meet" her husband on Twitter?

I'm pretty sure he had help with it.  One of his writers mentioned contributing to it on Twitter, I just can't remember who and I have no idea how to search Twitter comments. If I find the post, I'll link to it.

Ah, here it is. Ian Karmel.

Edited by piccadilly83
typos and added link
  • Love 5

Wow!  MM really doesn't seem to know how to use words/phrases.  Case in point "The cast is die" and MM's transition to talk about Meredith's husband, "You know your husband Richard..."  What???   Could she have meant to say, "We know your husband Richard..."?

Plus - Meredith is explaining how she broke her toe right before she began working on her new game show "25 Words or Less" and how she broke it after.  Two minutes later Abby says,  "You're doing a new game show?" 

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Abby and Megan were ready to jump on the NYT re the alleged victim who said she does not remember the incident with Kavanaugh. More likely she saw what Christine Ford went through and decided it wasn’t worth putting herself and her family through the mud and death threats. It doesn’t mean it did not happen. 

Did someone, maybe Whoopie, say the authors of the article (and forthcoming book) were going to be on the show soon?  I thought so, but wasn't sure, and didn't feel like rewinding.  

17 minutes ago, piccadilly83 said:

I'm pretty sure he had help with it.  One of his writers mentioned contributing to it on Twitter, I just can't remember who and I have no idea how to search Twitter comments. If I find the post, I'll link to it.

Thanks for the information.  That's okay if you can't find the link; I just wanted to make sure I didn't bestow all the credit on James, just in case.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Abby and Megan were ready to jump on the NYT re the alleged victim who said she does not remember the incident with Kavanaugh. More likely she saw what Christine Ford went through and decided it wasn’t worth putting herself and her family through the mud and death threats. It doesn’t mean it did not happen. 

I kinda remember her using the expression New York Slimes on the show, but am old so did a search and she has used that expression.  Now they are good because her loss was documented by them .  She’s like someone else i can think of that if they are nice to her ( Bill and NYT) she’s ok. 

I watched Chelsea’s documentary last night also. Always liked her and admire her for what she’s doing with her life now. 

Damn  Sunny can’t you hold a grudge why’d you cave?! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Exactly.  It's pretty expensive, not to mention terrifying, to flee from your home in fear for your life due to multiple death threats.  Unfortunately, this debacle has completed the martyrdom of Kavanaugh (in some people's eyes).

• Love 7

Several years ago I broke one toe walking into a wrought iron chair leg and the next month did it to the other foot, just like Meredith.

Does Megun have total recall of all of her drunken days?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Exactly.  It's pretty expensive, not to mention terrifying, to flee from your home in fear for your life due to multiple death threats.  Unfortunately, this debacle has completed the martyrdom of Kavanaugh (in some people's eyes).

Not to mention, it gives those same people who say that rich White Christian males are an oppressed group in America even more reason to push their nonsensical beliefs. Abby was so smug when trashing the NYT. Megan had to bring up her miscarriage today.. What took her so long..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Plus - Meredith is explaining how she broke her toe right before she began working on her new game show "25 Words or Less" and how she broke it after.  Two minutes later Abby says,  "You're doing a new game show?"

I caught that as well.  Since the end of their first week back I've noticed from time to time that Abby looks unhappy when she's just listening to the others talk.  Her face actually looks drawn.  I hope she's okay.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Aw I love and miss  Meredith so much. I have broken toes several times and did exact same thing she did stood in heels all day at an event before bone was healed and really  wreaked it.   Actually I don’t know that it’s difficult to break a toe Whoopi. 

Good job Oprah’s guy for having your whole shirt tucked in!  

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

More of Whoopi's words to live by: "You don't know somebody's story until you know their story".  

Man, that is deep.  What a wise, old sage she is.  Adding to the growing list of  things that nobody asked for (the bra line, the clothing line, the hostessing book) perhaps her next tome can be her many words of wisdom. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It doesn’t mean it did not happen. 

I had a "mild" sexual assault in the early 70s (my early 30s).  A supposed friend and "community leader" (someone in our social group but I didn't like him) pushed hard/trapped me up against a block wall (a nice/large party in a back yard) and said, drunkenly as close to my face as possible, "D'ya wanna fuck?"  This was the 70s and that stuff (that "word") didn't go on with my friends--really out of character.  Every time I remember it, he was more drunk, his lips (ick) were more purple and more drooling.  I told some friends...they told some friends and then one of his wife's "acolytes" told me SHE needed to talk to me.  She never contacted me.  I saw her soon enough and asked WHY.  She said, "This is neither the time nor the place."  Early 70s...EGAD!

All this "me too" business keeps bringing it to mind.  It wasn't horrible--the details aren't clear...but I guess it definitely affected me.  

• Love 9

BROKEN TOE:  We were on vacation in/on? Coronado CA and my son, five years old, broke his toe on a coffee table leg.  I said, "It's broken!"  My podiatrist husband said, "It's not," as the little toe and surrounding flesh became black.  We were driving to Disneyland the next day and he couldn't put on a shoe.  Even the sock hurt.  We got to the entrance and he had one white shoe and sock and one white sock.

They would not allow him to come in; they suggested a wheelchair.  What a coup!  We vowed we'd never go to Disneyland again without a wheelchair.  We pushed that 5yr old around and often his 3yr old brother sat on his lap.  We were able to stay longer than we planned!

Best of all, no one suspects a kid in a wheelchair of having (only) a broken little toe.  They all think leukemia, fatal illness, Make a Wish, etc.  All (ALL!) Disney characters make a beeline to the little sufferer (and his brother).  At the Electric Light Parade simple Disney patrons and fans pushed us to the front of everyone so the sad little tyke could see.  I have nothing but good memories of a broken toe!

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Did Meghan just say “supposubly”? It’s supposedly, Ms. “Pundit”.

Aint it "pundint"?

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Surprisingly, supposably is a proper word.

Whuuuuuut???   Loorrd-a-mighty.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Very unusual no comment re Joy's absence, especially since Whoop's' are always explained (often ad nauseam.)

No Meegun fan, but didn't she indicate  her "cast is dyed' was a joke?  I thought Baby was growing a sense of humor...

Edited by telemachus2
***'n' auto correct
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I had a "mild" sexual assault in the early 70s (my early 30s).  A supposed friend and "community leader" (someone in our social group but I didn't like him) pushed hard/trapped me up against a block wall (a nice/large party in a back yard) and said, drunkenly as close to my face as possible, "D'ya wanna fuck?"  This was the 70s and that stuff (that "word") didn't go on with my friends--really out of character.  Every time I remember it, he was more drunk, his lips (ick) were more purple and more drooling.  I told some friends...they told some friends and then one of his wife's "acolytes" told me SHE needed to talk to me.  She never contacted me.  I saw her soon enough and asked WHY.  She said, "This is neither the time nor the place."  Early 70s...EGAD!

All this "me too" business keeps bringing it to mind.  It wasn't horrible--the details aren't clear...but I guess it definitely affected me.  

Yes, I have had similar experiences - being groped, propositioned, and a very lengthy sexual harassment situation.  Details escape me.  But I have clear memories of how I felt - ashamed, humiliated, embarrassed, helpless.  The feelings stay in memory long after the details fade.  But not recalling all the details does not mean something didn't happen. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree. It's ironic how she was taking the NYT to task for not being perfect in their reporting when the table she sits at every day is so often not perfect in what they say.

Abby said the NYT only used one source in reporting the previously undisclosed allegation, but I believe that's permissible because that person brought it to the attention of the FBI and Senate last year, and the NYT reporters had 2 officials corroborate that. (I think if the allegation had just been told to the reporters, they would have needed more sourcing.)

The new witness, Max Stier, well-known in D.C., who Meghan emphasized was a Clinton lawyer, as if that's all it would take to discredit him, looks like he has an impeccable reputation among both Democrats and Republicans -Newsweek

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Am I the only one who doesn't believe that Meghan will be wearing Whoopi's blue tent any time soon?

Yeah, I would love to see Megzy in one of those shapeless bag lady outfits...…...maybe with some lovely colorful sneakers that Whooopppee likes to wear with everything

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

Abby said the NYT only used one source in reporting the previously undisclosed allegation, but I believe that's permissible because that person brought it to the attention of the FBI and Senate last year, and the NYT reporters had 2 officials corroborate that. (I think if the allegation had just been told to the reporters, they would have needed more sourcing.)

The new witness, Max Stier, well-known in D.C., who Meghan emphasized was a Clinton lawyer, as if that's all it would take to discredit him, looks like he has an impeccable reputation among both Democrats and Republicans -Newsweek

Thanks for the Newsweek link - I was surprised when Meghan made that remark about Stier being a Clinton lawyer that Sunny didn’t speak up that it’s a lawyers profession to be on different sides representing their clients. It was inappropriate of Meghan to make that inference. It could even be said that she was unfair to Kavanagh as well, making an assumption that he would have taken a political side during the Whitewater investigation. One could make that assumption-but to Make that point as a pundit on tv was unprofessional and inappropriate. 

Surprise surprise in the Newsweek link it sounds like the inference came from The Federalist. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Omg- did Abby just tell us that she told an obese person that she will never again judge them?  All because she was carrying twins up the subway (In vitro) and could relate to their pain?  Whoopi- redirect your “shut up” from Bill Maher from him to Abby

• LOL 3
  • Love 11