Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/16/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, sandymck said:

Surprise surprise in the Newsweek link it sounds like the inference came from The Federalist. 

I didn't catch that!  I had never heard of Sean Davis, so I didn't finish reading the sentence.

One thing that's not entirely clear from the Newsweek article is if Max Stier actually was one of Bill Clinton's attorneys, or simply worked at the law firm where other Clinton lawyers practiced.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

More of Whoopi's words to live by: "You don't know somebody's story until you know their story".  

It's right up there with the brilliance of Yogi Berra's "It ain't over 'til it's over".  In this vein, I will add - water is wet, snow is cold, and mud is messy.  

It is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 6

I tuned out as soon as I saw Joy wasn’t there. She’s the only reason I endure the Foxbots and The Great Whoopi, even if I like Sunny. Maybe if Ana and Sunny both had been there, but just one of them surrounded by the other three blowhards is a big no thanks from me. Unfortunately, I forgot Meredith Vieira was supposed to be there today. Of all days for Joy to be out.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

More of Whoopi's words to live by: "You don't know somebody's story until you know their story".  

It's right up there with the brilliance of Yogi Berra's "It ain't over 'til it's over".  In this vein, I will add - water is wet, snow is cold, and mud is messy.  

You go somewhere and there you are!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Whenever MeGun speaks, I think of Mike Tyson telling a reporter whether he was worried about Evander Holyfield and his fight plan he answered; “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” What Tyson said is similar to the old saying “no plan survives first contact with the enemy”.

Sooner or later, she's going to confront a guest that will "punch her in the mouth" & I'm living for that day.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, lusinia said:

Abby said the NYT only used one source in reporting the previously undisclosed allegation

Didn't she say she also used to read the NYT with her dad when she was a little girl but never trusted it because they didn't use enough sources?  She was a GENIUS!

4 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Trigger

giphy.gif

Trigger.jpg.c2d0a041f1cdcbdd9f67fe4f28af5887.jpg

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Say what you want about Whoopi--she's not vain about her appearance. It's not easy to refuse to conform to beauty norms.

Psychically that may be hard for most, but Whoops is a lifelong rebel, doncha know?  And what's physically easier than rolling outa bed, grabbing some duds off the floor/Salvation Army bin, & limoing to "the office," where she can further put it to The Man by rejecting professional make-up/hair/wardrobe artists? (Although Whoppi's smartened up a tad since some guru - WHO??- told her Americans will pay $$$ for her "styles."  And now there's apparently a market for her hostessing tips ("don't email me, don't tweet, cuz I don't care! But you can come over in the summer, as long as you stay outside & leave me alone!")  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

But you can come over in the summer, as long as you stay outside & leave me alone!"

I wonder if that tip is in her hostessing book.  Along with emptying out the fridge before guests arrive.  Great hostess, that Whoopi.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

But you can come over in the summer, as long as you stay outside & leave me alone!")  

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Along with emptying out the fridge before guests arrive.  Great hostess, that Whoopi.

It's a safe bet Whoopi's house has a gate or some other sort of security so I doubt guests can just show up.  So if Whoopi treats invited guests as if they are a bother then don't invite them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's a safe bet Whoopi's house has a gate or some other sort of security so I doubt guests can just show up.  So if Whoopi treats invited guests as if they are a bother then don't invite them.

I know where she lives because I used to live nearby. Yes it’s an exclusive gated community. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Omg- did Abby just tell us that she told an obese person that she will never again judge them?  All because she was carrying twins up the subway (In vitro) and could relate to their pain?  Whoopi- redirect your “shut up” from Bill Maher from him to Abby

Or both. Both of them could shut up.

9 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Meredith viera tells a story and clearly states her new show in it. 15 seconds later Abby says something like  “we hear you have a new show.” Yes Abby, she just mentioned that. Pay attention!

From one Abby to another . . .

discussion reviews GIF

This is why I just can't deal with Abby (Huntsman). I admit that she's much nicer than Meghan but still . . . I think it's because I usually disagree with Meghan and her oh-so-predictable partisan thought process but with Abby, there is no thought process. How many times has she accused journalists who report something she dislikes of "making themselves part of the story" or "bringing politics into it"? It's her knee-jerk response to all reports critical  of Republicans,  whether it makes sense or not.  The New York Times is not a perfect institution, but the Kavanagh developments ARE newsworthy. I think it's too soon to call for impeachment,  but it is certainly important for the public to know that a sitting Supreme Court judge was not vetted properly.  

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19

RIP Cokie Roberts. 😢

Good lord, Whoopi, if you want shares of Microsoft or amazon you can open up your pocketbook and buy them. No one is going to hand out shares of their corporation. What a crock. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I was kind of surprised Abby had the attitude she did about family and friends staying over, and Meghan actually likes having people around.

I don’t think this makes Abby a bad person, but I can see what she said causing hurt feelings.

I think most people have a certain level of comfort with those they live with. A friend of mine’s husband’s friend stayed at their house for a long time. My friend didn’t like always having to wear a bra, felt she had to have a little makeup on at all times,  etc. 

I would want my parents with me if they’re ever in a position where it’s being alone or in a nursing home or with me. I’d want them where there is love and company and someone who truly cares to make sure they’re okay. 

If some relative or friend I’m not close to wants to crash for an indefinite amount of time, as a private person, I’m sorry but I don’t like it. The only ones I want around are close family and the friends I go back with who are like family to me. Acquaintances and family I don’t see for years and years are different.

• Love 7

Abby really is dense, isn't she? Joy gave a very simplistic answer as to how we'd pay for what Elizabeth Warren is proposing, yet Abby still acts like she doesn't get it. I mean, I know why her and Meghan are very much against taxing the rich, but that would be off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Only a few minutes in and,...

Whoopie is speaking craziness, Meghan's concealer on her face can"t hide her lies from show to show ( no democratic friends, today some of her closest, trusted friends are democrats), Abby tries to constantly explain nothing...,

All is right with the world.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

RIP Cokie Roberts. 😢

Good lord, Whoopi, if you want shares of Microsoft or amazon you can open up your pocketbook and buy them. No one is going to hand out shares of their corporation. What a crock. 

Right. I am constantly embarrassed for Whoopi . As soon I hear the word Yang, I know whoopi will start her ridiculous word salad, about $1000 and now shares in companies,  lol, who gave WG this idea 😂.

Meghan sneering at Abby "I just said that." What an ass. That's your friend Abby. The one you constantly praise.

• Love 12

Wow -- Meghan has some questions about Biden.  I don't think I've been more shocked by anything she's said on the show..

She misspoke  - Warren and Biden aren't splitting the progressive vote; Warren and Sanders are.

Meghan usually complains when no one agrees with her.  Now she's getting snippy with her friend Abby, ("That's what I just said" and makes a face), who's agreeing with her!  She surprised Abby, I think, but Abby played nice.

Who do you think  Whoopie was referring to at the end of the show when she shook her finger and said, "And remember, people change"?  It was odd for her to say something like that seconds before the show was over, with no context.  I wonder if there was a "spirited discussion" during the break.  

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Who do you think  Whoopie was referring to at the end of the show when she shook her finger and said, "And remember, people change"?  It was odd for her to say something like that seconds before the show was over, with no context.  I wonder if there was a "spirited discussion" during the break.  

I haven't seen the show yet - but maybe it was the controversy over a comic who got offered a slot on SN, and then the offer was rescinded after it was discovered that he does podcasts that consist of him and another white guy putting down Asians? 

(I don't know if this is it, just speculating based on Whoopi's pattern of defending comedians)

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

(I don't know if this is it, just speculating based on Whoopi's pattern of defending comedians)

They did discuss the comedian who was fired from SNL in the first half of the show.  In the second half of the show they did two segments with the NYT reporters who wrote the new book on the Brett Kavanaugh situation, and there was talk about how he seems to have a better reputation now than he did when he was younger.

I actually wondered if Whoopie was referring to herself.  She also has a habit of defending herself.  So who knows.  It could have been anyone, or all of them.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Wow -- Meghan has some questions about Biden.  I don't think I've been more shocked by anything she's said on the show..

She misspoke  - Warren and Biden aren't splitting the progressive vote; Warren and Sanders are.

Meghan usually complains when no one agrees with her.  Now she's getting snippy with her friend Abby, ("That's what I just said" and makes a face), who's agreeing with her!  She surprised Abby, I think, but Abby played nice.

Your last paragraph...could have been the SNL guy, or could have been Kavanaugh also (based on what the NYT women were saying how he is voting and seems to have been humbled by the whole experience)...shrug, who knows

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

"I've done more pilots than American Airlines"

LMAO! I love Joy. 🤣

BwhahhHaha i admit i did lose it on that one! Thankfully i was near the sink heeheee.  Thats what youd think to hear Ana say, but i know Joy has tempered her View exposure methinks so not to get in trouble. Bring on the raunch!  

• Love 7

I'm not a stockbroker but if tech companies give away shares how does that affect the shares traded on Wall Street?  If Whoopi wants shares she can buy them herself. I would much rather corporations pay their fair share of taxes so social programs can be funded.

• Love 16

I'm disappointed in Sunny.  I don't find Shane Gillis provocative.  I find him offensive.  These things were said just last year.  This is not like this happened when he was a teenager. Sorry not sorry I would rather not watch racist comics.  You are known by the company you keep so if he had been an SNL cast member it would be seen as condoning his offensive comedy. Leslie Jones left the show not too long ago. Coincidence?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not a stockbroker but if tech companies give away shares how does that affect the shares traded on Wall Street?  If Whoopi wants shares she can buy them herself. I would much rather corporations pay their fair share of taxes so social programs can be funded.

And this is what the Whoopster dosen't understand.  Yang, has never said these companies would pay people themselves. It's the companies will pay taxes as opposed to not paying anything right now. Every time whoopi speaks on this, I feel she doesn't truly understand his point. She just heard the $1000 and said yep, what he said. The company shares  this morning had me laughing out loud.

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I burst out laughing at that. No way are they are good friends. Amber is very liberal. 

And Amber is pro-choice and has been vocal about having an abortion in 2012.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

I forgot to add this to yesterday's comment. I believe I will break a toe one day. I'm always hitting my feet when I forget to have on shoes. Currently one of my toes is still sore from hitting it last week.

I totally believe Megun and Amber are friends. Amber seems to be the same type of liberal that Alyssa Milano is.

I hope Whoopi told her family to apply for Yang's $1,000/month giveaway.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I have no idea what Whoopi was saying, as if these companies are going to actually give you shares, Honestly..if you want shares in a damn company,  buy them

Not to mention that the government can't force a company to give its ownership to the public against its will. Oh Whoopi. I liked her so much more before she joined The View. 

3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m not sure why Whoopie is missing that she’s going to be paying for all the proposed freebies in tax increases. None of them are going to actually be free. The cost burden will just be shifted. 

Whoopi reminds me of that scene from Fresh Prince when Hilary was complaining about the taxes on her first paycheck. Her parents explained that the  money was for roads, schools, etc, and she wailed, "I thought the government was supposed to pay for that!" 

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So now Meghan is friends with Amber Tampblyn?  Sure Jan.

To be fair, I first heard about this friendship when Amber was on the show, so I think it's true. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm disappointed in Sunny.  I don't find Shane Gillis provocative.  I find him offensive.  These things were said just last year.  This is not like this happened when he was a teenager. Sorry not sorry I would rather not watch racist comics.  You are known by the company you keep so if he had been an SNL cast member it would be seen as condoning his offensive comedy. Leslie Jones left the show not too long ago. Coincidence?

This.  I couldn't believe that they were all acting like this was some morally gray area.  The guy didn't say things ten years ago, or as a teenager or even make edgy jokes.  He straight up used slurs on multiple occasions a year ago!  And what gets me is you know if he had used slurs for blacks or Hispanics, that Sunny would have been out for blood but I guess if it's Asians and gays, then no big deal?  Very disappointing, all around.

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Love 12

Wish I'd been able to edit this NYT Tweet:

"Having a penis thrust in your face at a drunken dorm party may seem like harmless fun...."   (I don't think many females would think of it as "harmless fun," especially when "thrust" was involved.)

Try this:

Thrusting one's penis in a girl's face at a drunken party may seem like harmless fun....  (to the thrusters, maybe)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3