Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/16/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Didn't Bernie explain it to her when he was on? It seemed she had a light bulb moment in that clip that was posted in the thread two weeks ago?

I think she was "acting" like she got it, but didn't.  And $1000/mo won't begin to take her lazy relatives off her hands.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I expect more ex-employees from Trump's administration to go on book tours, do interviews, documentaries, become cable news contributors, ect. in a attempt to rehabilitate their image.

It's not just to rehabilitate their image. It's for money as well. How else are they going to make a living?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Say it isn't so!   I've been an Amber Tamblyn fan since she was a little girl on General Hospital ages ago.   Nooooooo!!!!!

I console myself by thinking they're just famous-people-friends, and not friend-friends.

38 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Everyone who usually just reads this forum and doesn't watch the show, HAS to turn it on today to see Whoopie today. WTH?

OK.  She's explained it.  Not weird anymore.

THIS is what made me log on. I'm not even at the explanation yet. I'm still spinning in a haze of WTH is on Whoopi's head.

I was wondering if Raven did that to her. I take it that the wig/weave/whatever must have something to do with a role. I was hoping it was just Whoopi being Whoopi (for my own personal amusement). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

I console myself by thinking they're just famous-people-friends, and not friend-friends.

THIS is what made me log on. I'm not even at the explanation yet. I'm still spinning in a haze of WTH is on Whoopi's head.

I was wondering if Raven did that to her. I take it that the wig/weave/whatever must have something to do with a role. I was hoping it was just Whoopi being Whoopi (for my own personal amusement). 

She's wearing it for her role in a Stephen King novel in which she plays a 100+ year old woman.  She said she has to wear it for 4 months, but, I'm confused as to if/why she has to have it on constantly for 4 months.  That would be a little nasty, but, Joy asked her how she sleeps in it.  So, like I said, I'm confused.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

She's wearing it for her role in a Stephen King novel in which she plays a 100+ year old woman.  She said she has to wear it for 4 months, but, I'm confused as to if/why she has to have it on constantly for 4 months.  That would be a little nasty, but, Joy asked her how she sleeps in it.  So, like I said, I'm confused.

I'm watching the explanation now. She said something like, "We just did a quick shortening of it," so maybe she was with the pre-production team today, and there wasn't time to remove it before The View.

I guess we'll see. 

If it's a weave, they wouldn't want to take it and and reattach it in between shoots. I think it would get damaged and she might lose some of her own hair too, with repeated applications/removals.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

“Abby and I’s family situation.”  Nice grammar, Miss Columbia University. And because they both have an adopted sibling of color it makes them more enlightened?  The two whitest, most privileged women on the panel?  Really, Meg?

Nothing she said made any sense "paintings whole swoth" . Unless you assume as I assume she assumed that those women discussing the privilege of black people were Republicans/ people from God's country, the same group she defends everyday 😂😉😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I wonder if the reason Ana hasn't been on Fridays is because she's going to fill in for Whoopie while she does the movie and Ana has a set number of days a year in her contract that she appears on The View.  I need a life.  I'm spending too much time thinking about this show today.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I wonder if the reason Ana hasn't been on Fridays is because she's going to fill in for Whoopie while she does the movie and Ana has a set number of days a year in her contract that she appears on The View.  I need a life.  I'm spending too much time thinking about this show today.

I was watching live today and during a commercial break they had a *commercial for The View (lol) it showed Ana. It made me feel like she will be back. 

*it had something to do with viewers tweeting questions to the ladies. 

I usually ff commercials so Idk if this is new. I'm hoping it is. Just to give me hope to see Ana again. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

“Abby and I’s family situation.”  Nice grammar, Miss Columbia University. And because they both have an adopted sibling of color it makes them more enlightened?  The two whitest, most privileged women on the panel?  Really, Meg?

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

😂😂😂 Meghan sure didn't feel uncomfortable after Sunny talked about the three idiots in Chelsea's documentary.  Why else would she mention her families are biracial? 😂😂😂 wth?

I rolled my eyes when she said she come from a diverse family. She may not be at the level those white ladies in the clip but she is not innocent. She says shit like - "Cindy McCain is my mother and I wasn't offended." "This is actual racism" "snowflake" "snowflake" "snowflake" "virtue signaling" etc.

omg Whoppi's hair really shocked me when she came out. I thought, ABC just let her be bald like she wants. They should match the dreads better to her roots, add a little bit more grey.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, falltime said:

omg Whoppi's hair really shocked me when she came out. I thought, ABC just let her be bald like she wants. They should match the dreads better to her roots, add a little bit more grey.

Yeah-that hair did not look at all realistic but maybe when they do makeup for the movie, they will touch up the roots with something.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

The Whoopster luuuuuuuvs talking about herself ... her favourite topic!!!  LOL.

She explained that she is in King’s  Stand playing  a woman over 100 years  old .   So MeAgain said how old is she? What is with her? 

I am confused ( a state that seems to happen much too much lately)  Whoopi said we didn’t Know what older black women looked like.  No one ever looked at them before. “We spread out but our hair looks good “  So every 100 year old black women who have been hiding until this all have wonderful hair like she does?  She lost weight so her face was lost in hair, but she spreads. 

Am I at a disadvantage because I’m not familiar with the book? 

When Joy said it looked uncomfortable to sleep on. Whoopi’s answer is her hair was much longer before starting on The View. It’s the hair on the side of head not the length that looks uncomfortable for sleep. 

Megan’s  hair  looked nice. 

Don't know if I have the fortitude to watch her with Chelsea.   

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She explained that she is in Kings Stand playing  a woman over 100 year old lady.   So MeAgain said how old is she? What is with her? 

I am confused ( a state that seems to happen much too much lately)  Whoopi said we didn’t Know what older black women looked like.  No one ever looked at them before. “We spread out but our hair looks good “  So every 100 year old black women who have been hiding until this all have wonderful hair like she does?  She lost weight so her face was lost in hair, but she spreads. 

When Joy said it looked uncomfortable to sleep on. Whoopi’s answer is her hair was much longer before starting on The View. It’s the hair on the side of head not the length that looks uncomfortable for sleep. 

Is she discounting Ruby Dee's iteration of the character or only forgetting?  Ruby Dee was in her 70s in the original The Stand, older than Whoopi is currently.  Is her point that makeup artists didn't know how to age a WOC back then?  I thought they did a mighty fine job.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Didn't Bernie explain it to her when he was on? It seemed she had a light bulb moment in that clip that was posted in the thread two weeks ago?

That bulb has burned out.  She does not listen.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Wish I'd been able to edit this NYT Tweet:

"Having a penis thrust in your face at a drunken dorm party may seem like harmless fun...."   (I don't think many females would think of it as "harmless fun," especially when "thrust" was involved.)

Try this:

Thrusting one's penis in a girl's face at a drunken party may seem like harmless fun....  (to the thrusters, maybe)

I did watch yesterday because I was curious about the authors of the Kavanaugh book.  Sure, maybe he doesn't still allegedly jam his junk in women's faces but I saw how he treated people during his hearing so no, he is not a better person.  I was also bothered that the majority of the questions in the beginning of that interview were from Abby and Meghan.  The Kav situation isn't Dem/Repub.  It is do we want someone with this alleged background having a lifetime appt on the highest court in the country.  

• Love 23
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not here for Chelsea Handler's virtue-signaling.  She made racist remarks about Angelina Jolie's Vietnamese son.  Unless Chelsea self-flagellates about her own racist thoughts and words, it's entirely fake, in my opinion.

Don't know Chandler's recent history, but when I occasionally watched her talk show, I hated the way she treated Chuy, a height-challenged Latino.  Very close to mockery way too often.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She explained that she is in King’s  Stand playing  a woman over 100 years  old .   So MeAgain said how old is she? What is with her? 

You really should read it if you like that kind of genre.  It is FANTASTIC!    I actually watched the 1st miniseries about it before I read the book.  I can't hear Fear The Reaper without thinking of it.

• Love 8

Today's show was enjoyable, I'm basically never home because I'm at classes, but when I get home I check it out on YouTube. All I got to say is that Meghan has been really calm these past 2 weeks, (1st week back she was crazy as hell) and I didn't care to watch Chelsea Handler's segment (I personally find her insufferable).

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

Loved Meg's lecture re unelectability of Corey Lewandopeski - I'd say unfortunately, it's a safe bet, "blankly" (TM Meegun) that he'll fill a GOP seat somewhere soon.

That’s what everyone said about trump- unelectable. 

5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

You really should read it if you like that kind of genre.  It is FANTASTIC!    I actually watched the 1st miniseries about it before I read the book.  I can't hear Fear The Reaper without thinking of it.

I’m not generally a King fan but I loved this book.  (I like him but not the horror genre.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

I just watched the helicopter parent segment and the child breaking others property segment. I loved Joy's delivery "She can drive already!" to Abby. I don't have kid, I think I would be embarrassed if my kid broke some else's property.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, falltime said:

I rolled my eyes when she said she come from a diverse family. 

Megun & Abby's families may look diverse, but are they?  How much time did the parents and sibs spend learning about the culture of their adopted siblings' birthplaces in China and Bangladesh?

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Is it just me or has Megs just like started like saying like like a really lot? Like, I'm not like sure if I like just got like sensitive to it like now or what?

If I like think back on it, I think her like-tic is something she like leans upon in two like circumstances: (1) when she's like trying to be pleasant and (2) when like she's trying to figure out what she wants to like say, but hasn't quite like hit upon it yet, but like doesn't want to like cede the mic.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 9/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, piccadilly83 said:

Leslie Jones left the show not too long ago. Coincidence?

No she didn't.  She gave notice that she will not be turning this fall.  She is very talented and has  job offers.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

Today's show was enjoyable.  Meghan has been really calm these past 2 weeks.

I wonder how long this will last.  I too have really enjoyed the show of late.  Everyone seems to be getting along for the most part.  Sunny has even warmed back up to Meghan.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

In the coming years I expect more ex-employees from Trump's administration to go on book tours, do interviews, documentaries, become cable news contributors, ect. in a attempt to rehabilitate their image.

...or earn a few bucks.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Today's show was enjoyable.  Meghan has been really calm these past 2 weeks.

I wonder how long this will last.  I too have really enjoyed the show of late.  Everyone seems to be getting along for the most part.  Sunny has even warmed back up to Meghan.  

JK and AJ...I came here to say something very similar!  Something's up....

I didn't care to watch Chelsea Handler's segment (I personally find her insufferable).

I agree (insufferable), JKSpeaks...but I saw the segment almost accidentally.  She still pontificates, but she caused me to want to watch her documentary.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Did I understand correctly that Whoopie has to wear the wig for 4 months?  Joy asked her how she sleeps in it.

Then Whoopie said (she was NOT under oath) that before she came on "The View," her hair "was down to my butt."  Her hair was "very long," and she just wrapped it to sleep.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is her point that makeup artists didn't know how to age a WOC back then?  I thought they did a mighty fine job.

But RHZombie, they didn't have Whoopi to aggrandize, sermonize, and direct them into doing the right thing!  Only SHE knows America's Black History.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm not here for Chelsea Handler's virtue-signaling.  She made racist remarks about Angelina Jolie's Vietnamese son.  Unless Chelsea self-flagellates about her own racist thoughts and words, it's entirely fake, in my opinion.

I have read her latest book and seen her recent stand-up tour in my city and I think her intentions in examining her own privilege and the repercussions of the Trump administration are very genuine and sincere. 

• Love 17
13 hours ago, lusinia said:

I'm going to assume Meghan is also including her brother's wife, who is African American; I know they have at least one child. 

She probably was. It still came out of no where. She blurted out her diversity/biracial talking point as if someone was accusing her of being bigoted/racially insensitive. No one was. 

Almost everyone has diversity in their family. Megan might have diversity in her family dosen't mean she shouldn't exam her white/rich privilege.  

• Love 17
16 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Loved Meg's lecture re unelectability of Corey Lewandopeski - I'd say unfortunately, it's a safe bet, "blankly" (TM Meegun) that he'll fill a GOP seat somewhere soon.

Probably, but I’ve heard that this latest stunt blew his chances in New Hampshire. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yes. She doesn't understand also that the wealth, privilege, and yes, whiteness of their families helped and allowed for adoption of siblings from international countries - no wait, "biracial family" wtf.

• Love 17
18 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Don't know Chandler's recent history, but when I occasionally watched her talk show, I hated the way she treated Chuy, a height-challenged Latino.  Very close to mockery way too often.

Idk.  I watched Chelsea's show religiously. Every single night, never missed it.  I know there were some cringe worthy moments with Chuy, but i kind of saw it as two friends, very close, and can say that to one another, but dont you dare say it!  Plus, he was 'rewarded' handsomely. No doubt laughing all the way to the bank. They had done projects together prior to her show, so they knew each other well.  I wonder if they are still friends now.  One of Chuy's bits that cracked me up everytime. It was *like* (sorry lol) a takeoff of the Dating Game.  They would have 3 single people and try to fix them up. But Chuy, dressed as Cupid, with a kids toy bow and arrow, trying to fly on the rope thing and shoot the arrow.  Omg too dam funny

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

I really can’t wait either.  This is my favorite Stephen King story- hands down.  So excited that James Marsden will be playing Stu Redman!  And was I dreaming, or is Alexander Skarsgaard really going to be Randall Flagg?  

I hadnt heard that but AS would be perfect!  He could be bonechilling on True Blood.  Has there been any news of other casting?  Who would be good as Nick?  They wont have a single word to say but will have to emote with his face the whole movie.  Rob Lowe killed it (imho) in the previous miniseries.  And Frannie.  Who could play her?  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  I AM SO F'N EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Idk.  I watched Chelsea's show religiously. Every single night, never missed it.  I know there were some cringe worthy moments with Chuy, but i kind of saw it as two friends, very close, and can say that to one another, but dont you dare say it!  Plus, he was 'rewarded' handsomely. No doubt laughing all the way to the bank. They had done projects together prior to her show, so they knew each other well.  I wonder if they are still friends now.  One of Chuy's bits that cracked me up everytime. It was *like* (sorry lol) a takeoff of the Dating Game.  They would have 3 single people and try to fix them up. But Chuy, dressed as Cupid, with a kids toy bow and arrow, trying to fly on the rope thing and shoot the arrow.  Omg too dam funny

I used to watch her show, and I remember she also teased Loni Love about her weight. I don’t like friends mocking one a another’s looks, but they’re great friends. 

I also remember Chelsea grabbing TI’s butt when he came on the stage. I’m sure she wouldn’t dare do that in the current climate.

Chelsea is by no means perfect, but I like that she’s doing her best to be better and learn. There are people who are so dismissive of racism. They don’t want the PC police, if a person of color talks about some truly hurtful experience, they’ll complain how they couldn’t get into college as easily, and that white people have it just as bad in this world. I know so many people like this, so I appreciate Chelsea taking white privilege seriously now. 

• Love 24
12 hours ago, Fannysue said:
On 9/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, piccadilly83 said:

Leslie Jones left the show not too long ago. Coincidence?

No she didn't.  She gave notice that she will not be turning this fall.  She is very talented and has  job offers.

I'm confused.  I never made this comment.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, piccadilly83 said:

I'm confused.  I never made this comment.

If you scroll back, on 9/17, you quoted someone else's post that contained that comment. The way the forum works. if person A quotes  person B, and then person C quotes that part of A's post, it looks like A said it.  It's happened to me too. The way to avoid it is for people to make sure they're quoting from the original post.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3