Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Open House and Closed Doors

• Start Topic

Ashley finally makes contact with her distant relative but receives a startling reaction that leaves her in tears; Candiace and her mother are still at odds; Robyn hosts an open house, but things go sour when Gizelle confronts Monique.

Airs August 11, 2019.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:42 PM, RedHawk said:

Ashley is going to be the only one startled by that reaction. 

Right. It's sad to say but if her father wanted to be in contact with her, he would be. He's had 30 years. She's a public figure now; she's not hard to find. He blocked her on Facebook. He doesn't want to know her, and showing up unannounced with a camera crew in tow is not the way to get him to acknowledge her. His own sibling told her not to mess with him and said straight up that he wouldn't open the door for her or her mother; she should have listened.

That's not to say that she deserves that treatment from her father. She doesn't. I never want to know what it's like for a parent to slam the door in my face. But that's what she can expect from him. He's showed her that, a few times to hear her tell it. It's not a surprise that that's how it went down.

• Love 23

Tonight's episode is devoted to trying  to convince the viewers that Karen has friends.  When Karen said the one friend is from DC:  1). Great Falls is a few miles from DC, and, 2). pretty much everyone from the DMV says they're from DC.  It's just easier.

Ashley's father is a POS.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17

Everything you said Empress1.

shia labeouf applause GIF

I've become cynical enough to wonder if she knew how it would turn out and went with "I'm going for the storyline" so she went for it anyways.

But the desire to have love from your parent is strong.  And that's an understatement. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Everything you said Empress1.

shia labeouf applause GIF

I've become cynical enough to wonder if she knew how it would turn out and went with "I'm going for the storyline" so she went for it anyways.

But the desire to have love from your parent is strong.  And that's an understatement. 

On one hand, I’m sure she did this for a story line. On the other hand, the desire to have at least acknowledgment from your parent has got to be massive. Either way, I hope that his slamming the door on a relationship with his daughter will give her the closure that she obviously needs, because I really felt she was in pain.

From this segment I also learned that due to Georgia law, reality TV shows are not allowed to air on my property (I assume, unless I give them permission). So when Live PD shows up at my awful neighbors house, I know the rules. Of course, I’ll be flagging them down to do an interview on these horrible people (as will other neighbors). 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I don't know who is mad at whom and why (I mean, Gizelle stays mad at Monique), but it was obnoxious for Gizelle to walk right into Robyn's event and start shit with Monique. I'm glad that Robyn realized that Gizelle was the instigator (things were going along fine before she showed up and started in with Monique) and is planning to call her out on it next week. Gizelle really is a shit-stirrer.

Karen seems pretty through with Ashley, between calling her on her showing back up in Candiace's house after she was kicked out that episode, and calling her on playing runteldat this week.

• Love 13

Riddle me this: if everyone knows How Gizelle Is, then why do they automatically believe her version of events? Candiace and Monique need to talk to each other without Gizelle there to clear up what happened with the Text-showing situation.

Also: Ashley is brutal to Katie in the preview. Isn't this the same person who has been asking people to treat her (and Michael) respectfully this entire season?

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 9

After her husband, aunt, uncle, the waiter, GPS lady told Ashley it might not be a good idea visiting her father who wants nothing to do with her, I can't garner a ton of sympathy.

However, her mom or someone else could have offered to drive back when Ashley was clearly distraught.

Robyn's flip with the curb appeal of a serial killer's place. I'm surprised that front awning didn't collapse on a prospective buyer.

What else? Karen shades her sister during a memorial balloon release, Gizelle is still a messy bitch, and Candyass's decade younger sister has a more mature relationship with her mom than her.

• Love 12

What was with Candy and her mom and her step sister with the matching weird jackets at the winery?  Did they do a 'girl's trip' to the mall?

I loved Monique's response to the accusation of her showing texts to Ashley.  Hell yes.

Karen is so boring.  The world needs another perfume.

Gizelle is on overdrive stirring the pot.

What I learned this episode:  A new tractor trailer cab is cheaper than I thought.  Not that I think about all about it that much.   And you can get an automatic.  Who knew.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I think Ashley looking for her father was brought as an intentional storyline but I imagine those feelings of rejection were genuine on her part. The outcome was very predictable but at least she doesn't have to wonder about what more she could have done. At this point, she needs to come to terms with the fact that any relationship with her father is going to need him being the one to initiate it.

Robyn isn't building an empire. Robyn is throwing her eggs in different baskets to increase her chances that at least one of them will provide the money train.

If Gizelle really thinks she's been nothing but nice to Monique, then she really needs to get her gut checked. She was doing the most as soon as she arrived at the house and made a scene at Robyn's event of all people. I hope she doesn't roll over easily next episode when she confronts Gizelle about it.

Also, looks like Ashley will be insufferable next episode as well.

• Love 9

Uncle Jim sure wanted to get out of there with the quickness, didn’t he? I got the feeling he was afraid Ashley’s dad would unlock that front door and come out with shotgun in hand.

Literally everyone knew how this would end except Ashley (and maybe her dumb mom), but it’s easy for me to judge her from the outside. I felt bad for her, literally begging for her father’s acknowledgment while standing on the other side of his locked door. Her dad’s a first-rate asshole.

LMAO at Robyn, you better get that vertical integration, girl!

@breezy424: People using “I” when “me” is actually correct is one of my pet peeves, too. Annoys me more than the other way around, actually,  because IMO people who incorrectly say “me” just sound ignorant but people who incorrectly say “I” sound ignorant and pretentious at the same time, LOL. Like when people use “apropos” as a word-for-word substitute for “appropriate.” (*Cough* Shepherd Rose *cough*)

Edited by link417
Posting as I watch.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

Wow. I missed the first half of this episode. I tuned in around about the time Ashley was recapping her trip for Michael. (It seemed a little staged that they hadn't talked about it before, but I digress.) Chile, I boo-hoo ugly cried! That was alll the way fucked up! Poor thing. I just wanted to hug her. I'm not a huge fan of Ashley. & I don't think the unannounced visit was the way to go. But, damn, that was just cold. If she says she has closure, I won't argue with that, but I don't see how you could ever have closure in this situation.

Robyn's open house was... awkward. That one really handsome man cringing & saying the neighborhood was sketchy, Auntie Kuurn saying she met the weed man on her way in, the prospective buyer peacing out w/ the quickness--- it doesn't bode well for Robyn's house flip. Shocking. I know. 

• Love 13

I watch these shows with closed caption and someone is having a lot of fun with writing them. Not just Potomac, all the Bravo shows. During the segue between Monique's boring cpr session and Candiace at the restaurant, the background  music was described as 'bombastic' with 'operatic vocalising'. The latter could have been a description of the weird waily sounds Candiace makes randomly though , I'm not sure. I recommend switching on the subtitles, it's quite amusing and occasionally surprising what they actually catch when these shrews are all yammering at once. 

So far, this episode has been a lot of filler. I don't need to see Monique's CPR lesson with her irritating rugrats sending my blood pressure up. Karen doesn't deserve a sister like Bridget who took care of the Huger parents so Karen could 'spread her wings '. Which, by the way, seems to contradict what Karen said about her folks : I tthought she said she had to move so they could live with her at one stage? Regardless, the woman is an insatiable attention seeker. During the car ride, Karen made sure everything was about her, or reflected on her. She looks a fool in that car with that wig. And Rayven's vocals were unpleasant. 

What TF was that stupid truck scene supposed to be? Robyn doesn't have 100+k to spend on a truck, I'd be willing to bet. It reminded me of the Gorgas and a similar scene with their 'garbage business '. 

Too many Sheilas for me to follow. I still get creeped out by Ashley's mother. I really don't want to see more confirmation of Sheila's horrible taste in men. I feel for Ashley but don't need to see any more of her grifter family on screen. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Robyn isn't building an empire. Robyn is throwing her eggs in different baskets to increase her chances that at least one of them will provide the money train.

She is grasping at straws...she will lose money and Juan will be pointing a finger at her again.  She should invest in something she knows about and has a passion about.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Wow. I missed the first half of this episode. I tuned in around about the time Ashley was recapping her trip for Michael. (It seemed a little staged that they hadn't talked about it before, but I digress.) Chile, I boo-hoo ugly cried! That was alll the way fucked up! Poor thing. I just wanted to hug her. I'm not a huge fan of Ashley. & I don't think the unannounced visit was the way to go. But, damn, that was just cold. If she says she has closure, I won't argue with that, but I don't see how you could ever have closure in this situation.

Robyn's open house was... awkward. That one really handsome man cringing & saying the neighborhood was sketchy, Auntie Kuurn saying she met the weed man on her way in, the prospective buyer peacing out w/ the quickness--- it doesn't bode well for Robyn's house flip. Shocking. I know. 

Plus her kitchen renovation is already 10 years outdated. They were at a vineyard right down the road from me. It's a beautiful area of western Loudoun County Virginia.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don't know who is mad at whom and why (I mean, Gizelle stays mad at Monique),

The fact that Giselle's reaction to Monique's rather innocuous observation is "guess what I don't care" and "Fuck you Monique" shows that Monique's thoughts are at the very least valid. 

On 8/9/2019 at 12:42 PM, RedHawk said:

Ashley is going to be the only one startled by that reaction. 

Yeah, I am gonna be the that bitch and say it was NOT shocking to her either.  She seemed to pull herself together with a quickness and the crying just seemed a bit off to me. Does she deserve such harsh reaction from her father? No. of course not. However, Ashley ain't stupid. Annoying, selfish, and nosy yes, but not stupid. I think this was done to garner sympathy and get some of that heat off her geriatric ass grabbing hubby. I said what I said!

I'm glad Karen called Ashley out on her messiness in respect to bringing back that information about Monique to Gizelle. It wasn't done in the spirit of trying to heal that relationship it was done in the spirit of messiness. Ashley shared that info with a shit eating grin on her face and dropped it like she had hot delicious tea with no effort to soften it or frame it as a way to open dialogue. It was just to cause conflict with a person she claims was the only person who gave her support.  Seriously, F*ck Ashley!! 

The fact that Candyass doesn't think holding a knife while behaving in an unhinged fashion is threatening boggles the mind. 

• Love 19

This has got to be Gizelle's paycheck personality. No way someone her age is naturally that unpleasant. I wonder if her eyes will turn brown once her seething jealous of Monique is cured.

I get what Ashley is going thru and it's easy for me to say 'let it go.' But my daughter's father is, like Ashley's dad, heir to the Massengill fortune. I am married now and my husband loves and adores her will do anything for her and her son. She is an adult and calls him "dad" and as she puts it "anyone who tells her that's not her real dad can catch hands 😂" HOWEVER any time something significant happens in her life (marriage, baby, second baby) she reaches out to her biological dad and get the same results - NOTHING. Each time she is hurt and crying. There is nothing I can do to stop her from trying to get him in her life and I have stopped trying. I stopped telling her to let it go; I stopped telling her there are too many other people that love her; I have stopped telling her it is my fault for picking him; I have stopped. This is something she has to heal and come to terms with and Ashley unfortunately will have to do the same. I have learned from personal experience this is not something a child regardless of age just 'lets go.'

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, Boofish said:

This has got to be Gizelle's paycheck personality. No way someone her age is naturally that unpleasant. I wonder if her eyes will turn brown once her seething jealous of Monique is cured.

Oh you must live in a marvelous place! I know people Gizelle’s age and older who are a lot shittier!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Also: Ashley is brutal to Katie in the preview. Isn't this the same person who has been asking people to treat her (and Michael) respectfully this entire season?

Wasn't Katie saying Ashley was stupid?

We weren't shown why Katie and Ashley fell out.  One minute they are twirling tassles on their titties, the next minute Katie is calling Ashley stupid.

If Katie is going around telling the rest of the group that Ashley is stupid, Ashley might not want to be respectful of Katie, either.

10 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Robyn SHOULD have been building a PR/marketing business out of the show (or even decorating/staging).  Big rigs and flipping houses ain't it.

5 hours ago, queenjen said:

Which, by the way, seems to contradict what Karen said about her folks : I tthought she said she had to move so they could live with her at one stage?

No, Karen claimed she moved to Great Falls so she could be closer to her parents in Richmond (where last night's scenes were taped).  But Great Falls is no closer to Richmond than Potomac is; Fairfax County VA takes the same amount of time to get to Richmond as Montgomery County MD does, especially when 95 South jacks you all the way up 'til Fredericksburg.

Ashley got the Kenya Moore treatment.  I would say Ashley's dad probably doesn't want to explain the existence of this black daughter to his new white family and friends, except that Ashley's mom says she's still friends with him on Facebook.  Why be friends with the mom but not your child?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I’ma give it to Ashley….right or wrong, at least she had the balls going to see her biological father.  It is unfortunate that he wants nothing to do with her, but at least she tried.  She has Michael, her family, friends and now more importantly baby Dean….that’s a lot of love her way and if karma is real then one day that POS will regret how he treated her. 

20 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Riddle me this: if everyone knows How Gizelle Is, then why do they automatically believe her version of events?

OMFG, THIS!!  Gotdamn, all this drama would be erased if Ashley/Candiace had just gone to Monique and asked her outright.  Jesus!

18 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I loved Monique's response to the accusation of her showing texts to Ashley.  Hell yes.

Same here....I guess Gizzard thought Monique was going to clam up but she 'owned' what she said; isn't that the very thing you keep telling people to do heiffa?

If Gizelle really thinks she's been nothing but nice to Monique, then she really needs to get her gut checked. 

I screamed out ‘WHEN?!’ when she claimed that bullshit….she’s been oozing green-eyed jealousy at Monique since day muhfuckin one so she can miss me with that lie.

And I replied with Monique when, after Gizzard proclaimed that she'd never send Monique another text, Monique says 'You've never texted me anyway so you don't have to worry about it!'  (Not verbatim but that was the jist of it)

Gizzard is a dried up pathetic POS that tries to queen it over people....she fucking needs to get a life, get laid and get some shrink sessions for the daughter she pays not enough attention to.  Bitch, bye!

17 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

That's exactly how I saw it.  I will say that the house looked lovely after everything was done...too bad Gizzard had to ruin a prospective buyer with her shit.  If this doesn't show Beaky Buzzard how much Gizzard is not a friend, then nothing will.

12 hours ago, queenjen said:

Karen doesn't deserve a sister like Bridget who took care of the Huger parents so Karen could 'spread her wings '.

Karen, you know I love you and all but when you said that I yelled 'FUCK YOU!' to the screen.  I am currently in Bridget's former situation in that I live with my mother and take care of her while my brother lives in Georgia and my sister lives in Virginia.  Since no one else is in Philly, everything falls to me.  And there are times that I resent the fuck out of my siblings because they get to 'spread their wings' while I'm taking care of our mother alone.

10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:
17 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

She is grasping at straws...she will lose money and Juan will be pointing a finger at her again.  She should invest in something she knows about and has a passion about.

Again, this is all for Juan to love her again....she's so sad it ain't even funny anymore.  

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 19

When Robyn was telling Ashley that she had so many people in her life that love and care about her, her eyes were screaming “I am not one of them but I am sure you have them.”

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley got the Kenya Moore treatment.  I would say Ashley's dad probably doesn't want to explain the existence of this black daughter to his new white family and friends, except that Ashley's mom says she's still friends with him on Facebook.  Why be friends with the mom but not your child?

Because Ashley’s mom has shown the men in her life that she will abandon her kids for their attention. She’s “safe.” Or she was until this stunt. Bet she’s now blocked on social media.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

And I replied with Monique when, after Gizzard proclaimed that she'd never send Monique another text, Monique says 'You've never texted me anyway so you don't have to worry about it!'  (Not verbatim but that was the jist of it)

I like that Monique is not tripping on Gizelle not liking her at all. She knows Gizelle doesn't like her and doesn't care. And she shouldn't. They're not friends; they're coworkers who don't get along. And Monique is fine with that, which I think irks Gizelle even more.

I didn't like that Karen apparently left care for BOTH parents up to her sister, particularly if they both lived reasonably near both parents. A former boss of mine had a mother who needed care (his father had died), and he and his siblings had a spreadsheet schedule for who did what. None of them lived with her (she didn't need round the clock care; she was just elderly and shouldn't really be alone), but they all lived within two hours of her and made it a point to share duties. That boss was kind of a jerk, but I thought that was nice and equitable.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Robyn SHOULD have been building a PR/marketing business out of the show (or even decorating/staging).  Big rigs and flipping houses ain't it.

Agreed. I think Robyn is pressed about regaining her levels of comfort living and is looking for the quickest way to get there. Building her a proper business would have been the best option in the long run but it doesn't seem like she's thinking too far ahead right now.

36 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

I screamed out ‘WHEN?!’ when she claimed that bullshit….she’s been oozing green-eyed jealousy at Monique since day muhfuckin one so she can miss me with that lie.

Gizzard is a dried up pathetic POS that tries to queen it over people....she fucking needs to get a life, get laid and get some shrink sessions for the daughter she pays not enough attention to.  Bitch, bye!

That's exactly how I saw it.  I will say that the house looked lovely after everything was done...too bad Gizzard had to ruin a prospective buyer with her shit.  If this doesn't show Beaky Buzzard much Gizzard is not a friend, then nothing will.

Gizelle is physically stunning but she behaves so poorly that I often go back and forth wondering whether her ugly behaviour is attributed to really deep insecurities or if she just misbehaves because she knows that her attractiveness can help her get away with a lot of things.

• Love 9

Katie probably said something really fucked up about Michael to Ashley, I suspect, which is why her counterattack focuses on Katie's n'eer do well boyfriend.

I like Gizelle, but I was very disappointed by her performance at Robyn's open house. That was not being a good friend at all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Dahling weed is far too common a term.  She was offered "ganji" by a rogue distributor, with a fistful of dollas.  ::smoothsskirt::   Ontee, you KNOW youd'n seen a nickel bag before, g'awn and blaze, this a 420 friendly community association.   

4 hours ago, Boofish said:

I get what Ashley is going thru and it's easy for me to say 'let it go.' But my daughter's father is, like Ashley's dad, heir to the Massengill fortune. I am married now and my husband loves and adores her will do anything for her and her son. She is an adult and calls him "dad" and as she puts it "anyone who tells her that's not her real dad can catch hands 😂" HOWEVER any time something significant happens in her life (marriage, baby, second baby) she reaches out to her biological dad and get the same results - NOTHING. Each time she is hurt and crying. There is nothing I can do to stop her from trying to get him in her life and I have stopped trying. I stopped telling her to let it go; I stopped telling her there are too many other people that love her; I have stopped telling her it is my fault for picking him; I have stopped. This is something she has to heal and come to terms with and Ashley unfortunately will have to do the same. I have learned from personal experience this is not something a child regardless of age just 'lets go.'

Awww, girl.  This made me misty.   It's my baby's story too.   Words fail but you try and explain anyway.  There are people who can walk away from a piece of themselves and never look back.   Oooh, somebody's cutting onions near me right now.  I had to stop talking about it too, ripping a scab off your baby time and time again?  Not my ministry.  The petty bitch in me hopes he has to watch her accept a nobel prize for something one day then call her only to hear:  new phone, who dis?    Ashley was on WWHL last night and Sheri Shephard (trying to be nice) said well maybe the baby will soften his heart, they have a way of bringing families closer.  Ash ain't miss a beat.  She said well he walked away from me when I was a baby so I doubt that's really what moves him.   Chile.  

tenor.gif?itemid=7550611

p.s. I want ya'll to know I fought like hell not to say it but their baby is Benjamin Button.  Michael's face on an infant.   Bless his heart.

Like ya'll when Gizelle said I've been nothing but nice to you....I said you've hated this chick

tenor.gif?itemid=14107587

You was hot as fresh fish grease the day she walked in, with her mansions, adoring professional ath-a-lete husband, gorgeous children, beautiful face and figure, a full 10 years younger than you and-uh she dropped bars.  Lol!  Bitch stop it, Monique is who you thought you were to Karen until the real Monique showed up.    Wait, ya'll why does this remind me of a Katt Williams line.   *****as be thinking a Chrysler 300 look just like a phantom, and it does.........until a phantom pulls up.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5841579

Robyn's mama scooping the fruit out the jar with a spoon.  Mama dump the gottam fruit.  Add it to escrow, shat! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 8

Omgawd..such a performance...Brava Ashley 

when it comes to Real Housewives....

I can’t even count how many times I’ve seen one of them “cry” (quickly dabbing at their eyes to protect their make-up)...with the exception of very few..have I seen next to ZERO tears...or ‘welled up eyes’....

the few I’ve seen..were hunting for acting gigs before REALITY TV....so there’s that....you know...real “Thespians”....🤣

why do I feel especially with this round (OC and last of Potomac)...that everybody seems to be extra... trying too hard...?

Edited by Shellbell59
Predictive text...always effs it up
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

Candyass's decade younger sister has a more mature relationship with her mom than her.

I hate to defend Candiace but I think she really nailed the reason her sister has a different relationship with her mother is because her sister was raised with two parents so her mom doesn’t have the same control over her that she does over Candiace. Candiace and her mom spent ten years on their own that created a codependent relationship and non healthy boundaries that apparently they haven’t been able to change in the 22 years since. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Awww, girl.  This made me misty.   It's my baby's story too.   Words fail but you try and explain anyway.  There are people who can walk away from a piece of themselves and never look back.   Oooh, somebody's cutting onions near me right now.  I had to stop talking about it too, ripping a scab off your baby time and time again?  Not my ministry.  The petty bitch in me hopes he has to watch her accept a nobel prize for something one day then call her only to hear:  new phone, who dis?    Ashley was on WWHL last night and Sheri Shephard (trying to be nice) said well maybe the baby will soften his heart, they have a way of bringing families closer.  Ash ain't miss a beat.  She said well he walked away from me when I was a baby so I doubt that's really what moves him.   Chile.  

p.s. I want ya'll to know I fought like hell not to say it but their baby is Benjamin Button.  Michael's face on an infant.   Bless his heart.

This is what it sounds like when thugs cry 😥

I'm going to give Ashley's baby the newborn benefit of the doubt and check back in 4 months for that glow up. Right now he looks like a republican presidential candidate with a 796 credit score. He look like a  senior partner at the law firm of Boogers, Poop and Luvs.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, link417 said:

@breezy424: People using “I” when “me” is actually correct is one of my pet peeves, too. Annoys me more than the other way around, actually,  because IMO people who incorrectly say “me” just sound ignorant but people who incorrectly say “I” sound ignorant and pretentious at the same time, LOL. Like when people use “apropos” as a word-for-word substitute for “appropriate.” (*Cough* Shepherd Rose *cough*)

18 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Candy:  Please check your grammar.  It's between (insert name) and 'me'.  Not 'I'.  You said it three times.

English is my second language. Actually it's 4th behind Slovak then Czech (back in Czechoslovakia you automatically learned both from the time you were born as tv, books, magazines were either in one or the other. I could speak Slovak and my cousin Czech and we understood each other perfectly fine. After the separation everything is getting translated so the last few generations don't understand each other's language anymore. Very sad. ) and then Russian which we were forced to learn at school for from 4th grade till 12th before Velvet revolution even though we were not part of Soviet bloc. The reality tv people really started to confuse me with this specific thing last few years as more and more of them are using it incorrectly. Even I started to question myself if I'm using it incorrectly. Glad I trusted my gut. It's not reliable anymore to learn English by watching TV.  Actually watching reality TV. Of course my grammar is still not perfect.

17 hours ago, breezy424 said:

What was with Candy and her mom and her step sister with the matching weird jackets at the winery?  Did they do a 'girl's trip' to the mall?

They probably got them free in exchange for wearing them on the show all at once as it has more impact than just seeing 1. Plus you could see you can buy either vest version or coat. Now everyone is talking about it so it paid off... Cheaper than buying advertising.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

From this segment I also learned that due to Georgia law, reality TV shows are not allowed to air on my property (I assume, unless I give them permission). So when Live PD shows up at my awful neighbors house, I know the rules. Of course, I’ll be flagging them down to do an interview on these horrible people (as will other neighbors). 

I assume this is a mis-type but it cracked me up!  Maybe they should outlaw airing of reality tv, for the sake of our souls and minds!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I did not want to be the one to say it so thank you. When I first saw his pic online I was like ....

tenor.gif?itemid=3384449

I. WAS. NOT. READY.

At least he seems like a healthy baby. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

Okay...FINALLY got through this episode...gotta say...

CandyAss...needs to get off mommy’s hind teet....grow up and come back to RH...AFTER she’s gone to more counseling (not just evil mother issues...also crisis management).

talk about “arrested development”! She has some deep stuff going on.

even though I am not a professional

(but counsel DV victim/survivors for yrs as an advocate)

that said...I also know enough people with legit mental illness issues...I know that traumatic events as a child that are emotionally charged...can stunt said child’s behavior at that age...when it comes to maturing emotionally in whatever way the child was affected at time of original trauma...

that just my opinion with a ‘working/practical knowledge’...and I feel bad for CandyAss...really (kinda like I felt with Bensimone melt down...but preemptively)

wonder if momma did some mind effing on her during all those years they were alone...and she was becoming a psychiatrist. 

cuz there’s nothing worse than a STUDENT of psychology to think they know everything and work it irresponsibly...

me thinks with mom’s grandiose attitude...she’d be just the type...no ability to compartmentalize the personal from the professional..

Candy should get real help...This RH....not the Potomac version of the original “Hills”!!!  

Omgawd... I just saw the ending…Or scenes from next episode I should say… I sure hope Katie isn’t reviving that Kelly Bensimon incident!!!being outta her mind..sad exploitation regardless as to whether they signed on...

Edited by Shellbell59
Just saw scenes from next...omg
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

This is what it sounds like when thugs cry 😥

I'm going to give Ashley's baby the newborn benefit of the doubt and check back in 4 months for that glow up. Right now he looks like a republican presidential candidate with a 796 credit score. He look like a  senior partner at the law firm of Boogers, Poop and Luvs.

Im thoo!

laugh lol GIF

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I forgot to say:  Ashley's father may not have told anyone (who wasn't there at the time to remember themselves) that she exists.  He is not finna change his life for no phantom ass black baby today.   

Were Ashley's parents in an actual relationship when she was conceived? I can't remember if Ashley said so - I think she said her dad stopped coming around when she was 1 and she never saw him again, but I don't remember if her parents were together.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I hate to defend Candiace but I think she really nailed the reason her sister has a different relationship with her mother is because her sister was raised with two sets of parents so her mom doesn’t have the same control over her that she does over Candiace. Candiace and her mom spent ten years on their own that created a codependent relationship and non healthy boundaries that apparently they haven’t been able to change in the 22 years since. 

You can tell the sister and mother have a totally different relationship. Candiace has said that if she goes against her mother, she's afraid her mother will hate her. Sis doesn't have that fear. I remember when the three of them were looking for Candiace's wedding dress, Dorothy said "Do I need to get out my wedding pictures?" and Sis was like, don't nobody want to see that, stop it. And even this episode, Sis said something like "Mothers need to respect their grown children" or something. She's not about to let Dorothy run her life. Maybe her personality is just different, maybe she observed Candiace and Dorothy's relationship when she was growing up and decided she was having none of it, but she's not about that codependent life.

Why, why WHY doesn't Dorothy get better hair?!

• Love 12

I get the feeling Monique really doesn't give Gizelle much thought when she's not around or having to deal with the drama.  Meanwhile, Monique is living rent-free inside Gizelle's head.  That "you never text me anyway, so what are you worried about."

Monique owned it.  "Yeah, I showed her.  I was bringing the receipts."

Meanwhile, Candy-ass has apparently totally forgotten that she picked up a KNIFE and gestured at Ashley with it. 

"It was a spoon." 

"It was a KNIFE!"  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Karen criticizing Ashley for runandtellthat wasn’t well timed because all of this cast does it and Gizelle and Monique has absolutely no problem with Ashley doing it and they were the two involved in the fight. Gizelle even stated she was happy Ashley did though of course Gizelle would probably be struck down on the spot if she criticized Ashley for that behavior.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

The fact that Candyass doesn't think holding a knife while behaving in an unhinged fashion is threatening boggles the mind. 

Well, it WAS a butter knife, more analagous to a spoon than a knife, as Candy said.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Were Ashley's parents in an actual relationship when she was conceived? I can't remember if Ashley said so - I think she said her dad stopped coming around when she was 1 and she never saw him again, but I don't remember if her parents were together.

I'm pretty sure Sheila told Ashley they divorced two episodes ago.  I was surprised, so it stuck with me.

Robyn...ya know, maybe don't film a reality show in your house while you're showing it???  Just making random observations...

I know it was all for the show, but the nerdy business side of me was really annoyed on Robyn's behalf when the trucking guy told her she'd probably have to have a certain kind of license to open a trucking company.  Why are the barriers? Just let a person open a business if they're not driving, damn!

Karen canNOT walk in heels.  Neither can her girl friend who was oddly fascinated with the empty perfume bottle that looks like every single other perfume bottle in the world.

I.  Hate.  When.  Candiace.  Speaks.  And tilts her head when all she is talking is bullshit, because bullshit is all she knows.  Does she think the slower she speaks, the more people will listen to her?  I'm over it.

Monique was so good against Gizelle.  My petty side is going to come out and say that Gizelle is 13 years older than Monique; technically old enough to be her mom, hahaha!  Gizelle is so annoying that even her little stupid car is annoying me when I see it pulll up.

I don't think there is proper discipline in the House of Samuels.  If my sister and I were the ages of Chris III and Milani and my parents were trying to do something important, like learn CPR?  You can bet we would not be allowed to get in the middle of it and run our fingers through our mom's hair.  It's annoying.  I blame the parents.  Discipline your kids.

So, interesting tidbit Michael (the gift that keeps on giving) drops this episode:  he doesn't like or drink coffee.  Well, that info has got to have a positive effect on the receipts of Coffee and Love!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I assume this is a mis-type but it cracked me up!  Maybe they should outlaw airing of reality tv, for the sake of our souls and minds!

Yes, it was a typo but is really funny. Wine may or may not have been involved in my typing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1