Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Little Lies

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No, she IG'ed FB'd, texted, called, wrote, filtered and ignored all warning signs into it, made mugs, portraits and sweatshirts with it. And finally flew into it.  And last but never least, she slept with it.

Me too - get me off a plane, get to a hotel room ALONE, meet for breakfast all slept and refreshed.  I would be, admittedly, punchy and crabby after a long flight.

Point taken! Ugh! What does she see in this guy? 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, chickenella said:

And somebody PLEASE get that girl a cellphone! Maybe Mom will lend hers when she leaves. I can't imagine going around with out a cell, especially in a foreign place.

Funny, we never heard another word about the missing phone. I still think it was in her pocket or her bag and she found it later. Another tempest in the 90DF teapot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Funny, we never heard another word about the missing phone. I still think it was in her pocket or her bag and she found it later. Another tempest in the 90DF teapot.

I agree. That or the mother left hers behind. But also, isn't Avery supposed to immediately return to the U.S. after the wedding to begin the visa process? She is such a dolt. I cannot believe she's unaware of the travel ban and the possibility that if she really does go to live in war-torn Syria, the U.S may ban her sorry ass, too. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, politichick said:

I agree. That or the mother left hers behind. But also, isn't Avery supposed to immediately return to the U.S. after the wedding to begin the visa process? She is such a dolt. I cannot believe she's unaware of the travel ban and the possibility that if she really does go to live in war-torn Syria, the U.S may ban her sorry ass, too. 

I think the whole  "I'm moving to Syria"  was a ruse to get her ass on the show. I'm sure Omar wants to go to the US. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 16

I really dislike Rebecca.  She is very dishonest, from her photos to her marital status (she just filed for divorce before she left for Tunisia?!) and despite his flaws, Zied doesn’t deserve to be deceived like that.

Maybe Caesar will meet an actual human woman in Cancun who can become his new target.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

I really dislike Rebecca.  She is very dishonest, from her photos to her marital status (she just filed for divorce before she left for Tunisia?!) and despite his flaws, Zied doesn’t deserve to be deceived like that.

Maybe Caesar will meet an actual human woman in Cancun who can become his new target.

And I have a feeling Zied won't be too happy to be deceived like that! 

You really think Caesar will go to Cancun? Without Maria going? Are we going to get another Ricky and Melissa scenario? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

she is very flighty. She is also someone who goes into something 100% gung ho without thinking about it rationally. 

Might we say she TUMBLES from interest to interest?

thank you, folks and remember to tip your waitress 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I can only imagine how much bacteria, fungus and other icky stuff is on Casers smartphone from texting while pedicuring.

If that was me in the chair and he went back to handling my feet after he touched his phone I'd have been completed grossed out. That was completely nasty.

13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Darcey is such a disaster of a woman that she thinks a man giving her space to get to know him instead of just having sex is rejection.

I thought that was very sad. Like she needs the sex to validate their relationship or just herself as a woman. I think that was commendable of him to arrange for her own room, Lord knows she didn't see it that way.

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

I try to imagine watching this show without these forums, but I can't. 

These forums make the show utterly worthwhile to watch.

42 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

You really think Caesar will go to Cancun? Without Maria going? Are we going to get another Ricky and Melissa scenario? 

Ah hah! That's who I was trying to think of but forgot his name. I remember how shocking it was when that twit showed up for real. Didn't think it was gonna happen but this Maria chick? She ain't going anywhere Cesar is.

How is Avery supposed to get Omar into America financially? Pole can't even get his wife and kid into the country bec he doesn't make the bare minimum and he's an adult.

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I think the whole  "I'm moving to Syria"  was a ruse to get her ass on the show. I'm sure Omar wants to go to the US. 

Yup. And she'll allow her mother to "talk her out of" going to Syria. And miraculously, her mother will agree to sponsor Omar to forestall this dire event! Hahahahaha, our little Avery isn't so dumb.

28 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Didn't think it was gonna happen but this Maria chick? She ain't going anywhere Cesar is.

Of course she isn't. She's got half a dozen yokels on the hook. Its a full time job. She can't be taking time off to loll around in the sun with some loser.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

and I thought he had a hotel room sow that she could shower and freshen up before they met. What happened to that?

I don't think she said he had a hotel room, just that he was sending "a driver" to pick her up because she wouldn't be kissing sweet when he met her. Posters here might have suggested the hotel room idea which actually makes sense since he had booked a room for her but she probably arrived well before check in time. Plus production rightly figured her getting ready in the bathroom at Heathrow would make for good TV.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

A few quick thoughts before I enjoy the next hour of reading the snark…

Tom’s hair is horribly styled. It just looks absolutely awful. I don’t find him a bit handsome and his pictures were bogus. He seems like a smug prick who thinks he’s better than Darcy and plans to use her as a play toy to be discarded after he has his fun. Sending the car to the airport followed by getting her her own space to stay?  Oh boy. I have no doubt we’ll see lots of cry face this season only because she will allow herself to be used by this jerk because she's so desperate to find love. 

Avery and Omar are refreshing to me. I think they could be okay. I think her mother is going to cause a world of trouble and that might scare Omar away. Either that or the whole conversion to Muslim for Avery was fine when it was her choice but the more stringent rules she will be forced to follow may become a bit much for her. The moving to Syria thing I think is nuts but she's 19 and in love and has no fear. She may not even be truly informed of just how things really are there. 

I was napping through the second segment with Zied.

I FF past Georgia Ass Face 

The guy with the Ukrainian scam girl deserves whatever he gets. That people can be this stupid is just unbelievable. 

The guy with the 5 year old son and the girlfriend in Nigeria (I think) bored me to tears with his going on about how his first marriage fizzled and got relegated to FF status. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

please explain Tom's hair? It looks like he has a dead animal sitting on top of his hair.   I did record it so maybe there is an explanation during the part of the scene at the barber shop that I missed. 

there is no RATIONAL explanation for that critter atop his head. Even in the barber shop, the barber only worked around the nape of his neck, I suspect he was trimming Tom's own hair to blend into the wig. In the Tit Flashing scene (in the last episode, which you might have missed) his hair is slicked back from what appears to be quite a receding hairline. In other photos, he's wearing a cap. Darcey is no stranger to fake hair herself, I am anxiously awaiting the time when they both literally "let their hair down" but of course, we'll never see that. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

If that was me in the chair and he went back to handling my feet after he touched his phone I'd have been completed grossed out. That was completely nasty.

I thought that was very sad. Like she needs the sex to validate their relationship or just herself as a woman. I think that was commendable of him to arrange for her own room, Lord knows she didn't see it that way.

These forums make the show utterly worthwhile to watch.

Ah hah! That's who I was trying to think of but forgot his name. I remember how shocking it was when that twit showed up for real. Didn't think it was gonna happen but this Maria chick? She ain't going anywhere Cesar is.

How is Avery supposed to get Omar into America financially? Pole can't even get his wife and kid into the country bec he doesn't make the bare minimum and he's an adult.

Maybe it will be different as he has a degree? I'm just not sure?

• Love 1

Damn. I should have gotten Caesar to book my tickets to Cancun. I paid $1000 from Vancouver, and he got tickets for “Maria” from the Ukraine for that price?? I mean, it might take her three days to get there (which will never happen), but that seems like a good price, and on the bright side, he only wasted another $1000.

The sooner cold shoulder tops are eradicated from this planet, the better. Angela looked better in her work duds than I have ever seen her, because most of her skin was covered.

Loved it that Tom had Darcy meet him in a restaurant, and noticed that he told her she smelled nice……I am surprised there wasn’t a noxious cloud surrounding her when she walked. And how long was that ride from the airport to the restaurant that she had to get to work on her face - AGAIN? She is a shallow twit and her desperation is just pathetic. And Tom is a total poser, so maybe they are a good match.

Speaking of pathetic, if I were Rebecca, I would have turned right around and got back on a plane when Greaseball told her she needed to rent a car – and drive it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
11 hours ago, renatae said:

I thought the whole reason for having a driver pick her up was so she could freshen up before seeing him? Did he really mean for her to do it in the bathroom?

That was his reason. But little did Prince Charming know that Darcy needs 45 minutes of "freshening." I mean, come on- if I travel, I may need a few minutes to use the restroom, run a comb through my hair and maybe brush my teeth if it's been an extensive flight. But she is beyond anything normal. How could she need additional time- after that 45 minutes and a cab ride- to AGAIN rearrange her hair, fluff her cleavage, re-apply lip gloss and look in the cab window for further adjustments before she considers herself acceptable to meet this guy? Oh, but right- she's Darcy, the queen of desperation who thinks that maybe, just maybe, if she has the right combination of extensions, fillers and slutty clothes, she will be swept away by a perfect man who will never upset her, who will compliment her every 13 seconds, and who will complete her fairy tale.

She is exhausting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Speaking of pathetic, if I were Rebecca, I would have turned right around and got back on a plane when Greaseball told her she needed to rent a car – and drive it!

Me, too, but then I was Team Greaseball after she called him "Baby" 25 times on the drive from the airport to the hotel.   I wanted to stab myself in the ears to make it stop.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2

At least she didn't have to contend with the driver's side being on the right thank God for small mercies. I would have been angry and terrified driving in those conditions. I would've been alarmed at the guy examining my car for bombs too but geez lady, would you rather the bombs got allowed in the perimeter of your hotel?

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 4

First impression of Omar is positive.  He seems like a genuine guy, but also a total product of his environment and unlikely to be very flexible.

Avery remains a nitwit.  But I do think she has the power to make the minimum wage requirements to sponsor someone, unlike part time poop scooper Pole.

Darcey is making me dehydrated with her thirst.  I actually had the thought during Pillow Talk that she must buy a lot of baby powder, given her love of leather clothing. 

Tom strikes me as a normal, aging guy who used to be a lot cooler than he is now.

Oh Grangela, give it up already.  Let your MAGA Man go.

Rebecca deserves Zied.  Zied deserves Rebecca.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

That was his reason. But little did Prince Charming know that Darcy needs 45 minutes of "freshening." I mean, come on- if I travel, I may need a few minutes to use the restroom, run a comb through my hair and maybe brush my teeth if it's been an extensive flight. But she is beyond anything normal. How could she need additional time- after that 45 minutes and a cab ride- to AGAIN rearrange her hair, fluff her cleavage, re-apply lip gloss and look in the cab window for further adjustments before she considers herself acceptable to meet this guy? Oh, but right- she's Darcy, the queen of desperation who thinks that maybe, just maybe, if she has the right combination of extensions, fillers and slutty clothes, she will be swept away by a perfect man who will never upset her, who will compliment her every 13 seconds, and who will complete her fairy tale.

She is exhausting.

Yeah I know. A trans Atlantic flight isn’t running a marathon** did she not shower before she got on the plane?!!

Darcy really really thinks this extensive beauty routine will find her love  I fully support any woman wearing what she wants, when she wants (and it’s not demonstrative of her worth as a person) but I don’t think Darcy’s image is having the effect she thinks it should.

** I acknowledge that I’m a very easy flier, I can sleep on planes without issue, and I love taking a 6pm flight out to Europe, getting there bright and early in the morning to start my vacation. Ive done O’hare to London Heathrow several times, the most “stressful” part is just waiting for customs, which isn’t stressful just boring cause I’m there alone eager to see the sights!

• Love 8

Poor Miss Darcey thought she was getting Prince Harry but what she really got was Prince Hairy

Avery and Omar are going to have big problems in actually making it work. Even married the USA is not going to let him in and she will have a rude awakening if she goes to Syria.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/13/2019 at 8:48 AM, blubld43 said:

This look is best suited for young adults. Not a middle aged woman deplaning, where are you expecting to go? What time is it? 

Flights to Europe from US are usually overnight. You arrive around 8am. What a mess. 

So she was meeting him for brunch.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Darcey is making me dehydrated with her thirst.  I actually had the thought during Pillow Talk that she must buy a lot of baby powder, given her love of leather clothing. 

It’s ironic that Darcey and Stacey had the nerve to rip on other cast members during Pillow Talk when Darcey is arguably the biggest buffoon to appear on any of the related shows.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
On 8/13/2019 at 9:18 PM, iwasish said:

Who was it that said ”before going out, look in the mirror and remove one item”?

Darcy needs to ADD one!! Pants please !!!

It was Coco Channel.  She’s turning in her grave from seeing the mess that is Stacy walking around with her fake Channel bag. 

• Love 9

Oops, important news !  I just opened my yesterday's New York Times, and the cover story of the Arts & Leisure section is a very long piece on '90 Day Fiance', and how the producers choose couples and how they film it.  The focus is on a couple not to be seen on screen til the next season.  There's also a fair amount of reflection on how it reflects current attitudes toward immigration.  If you can access it by going to nytimes.com and doing a search for 90 Day Fiance, it's very interesting indeed.  (Especially about how they maneuver Fights ..how the crew and producers work around the activities of the couples &c. ) 

This link may work:  www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/arts/television/90-day-fiance-immigration.html   

(or if it doesn't, you get the idea.)  

Edited by Chippings
  • Useful 12
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Spike said:

Boy when Rebecca was talking to Zied about her ex she looked super jowly.  

This!

I couldn't quit staring at her pouchy, droopy jaw line.

Meanwhile she sits there making facial expressions that accentuate the jowls.... I wanted to grab her face and yank her jowls up.  😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!

I couldn't quit staring at her pouchy, droopy jaw line.

Meanwhile she sits there making facial expressions that accentuate the jowls.... I wanted to grab her face and yank her jowls up.  😂

Yeah she uses filters to look younger but in real life she looks older than her chronological age.  Those are like Barbara Bush jowls.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I can not STAND Darcy, she looks just like the creepy little guy from Puppetmaster. She looks like someone dropped a blonde wig on a chicken. Tom is awful, too. He looked like a snaggletoothed fat boy whose mom stuffed in a suit and combed his hair into a pile.

Omar is s cutie, I think he’s okay. The girl and her mom need to stop talking in emojis. 💯? 💯!

Cesar is still special needs and has simmering rage just under the surface. He scares the hell out of me when it flashes across his face.

There is nothing cute or funny about that human ash tray, Angela. Ever since her daughter was arrested for abusing a child last year, I don’t want any more procreation talk by that family.

The sad white pastor/salesman has such a sweet son. I hated hearing how his girl was talking about him with her sisters. Like he was just a target. She’s beautiful though!

Rebecca and Slick Willy- I foresee him trying to shut the trunk over her body. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, vintagesac said:

I can not STAND Darcy, she looks just like the creepy little guy from Puppetmaster. She looks like someone dropped a blonde wig on a chicken. Tom is awful, too. He looked like a snaggletoothed fat boy whose mom stuffed in a suit and combed his hair into a pile.

Dying.

• Love 4
On 8/14/2019 at 10:49 AM, iwasish said:

He can’t drive a rental car. He doesn’t have the  5 yrs of driving experience required by the rental company. I know in the US you used to have to be 25 in order to rent a car. At least it was with the major companies, Avis, Hertz etc. There’s too much risk for accidents, tickets etc 

As far as disappointing her, we haven’t even gotten to the sex yet!! 

In the US the person whose name appears on the credit card has to be the designated driver. In order for someone else to drive you pay an additional premium.  It recently happened to us. I did not have my credit card (had my cash card) and needed too rent a car for a couple of days without my husband. We used his credit card, had to pay an extra $20 per day to do that. 

• Useful 2

Zied is sounding all kinds of scary.  She'd be crazy to bring him to the United States. 

He is possessive, jealous, hates his ex gf for talking to another guy.  He doesn't appear to have a job or a way to make money.  

He seems to really think that since they slept together they are essentially married....or at least that she belongs to him.  

He "fought" with his ex over being jealous and it's unclear if that was physical.

I think this could go lifetime movie so fast.  He will feel emasculated because he doesn't make any money and will lash out by becoming extra jealous, possessive and angry.  He reads like the sort who will hit her for "flirting with a guy" she was asking for directions or not making dinner for him or something.  

I know you gotta kick the tires before you buy the car but I think sleeping with him was a huge mistake.  She needs to change her plane ticket immediately and get home.  

• Love 8

When C-Salad was talking to his producer planted friend while packing, didn't he show her the ring and say something like "look at those diamonds!?"   The friend seemed aghast like it was the real thing LOL

I was just cruising ebay for some buttons and the same store from China has beautiful cut white sapphire rings in engagements styles that C-Salad should have looked into.  Yep buttons, panties and fake engagement rings all in the same store....ain't ebay grand?  A paypal account could have yielded him a great looking engagement ring for $2.71.    Xie Xie

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I liked him, too.  I don't care if he came from the armpit of England; he wasn't the one calling him James Bond.  And I don't think he catfished Darcey, either; those photos were actually of him, not filtered.  Some of them were old, and all of them showed him in his best light, but that seems to me normal behavior for someone looking for a date.  He is not great-looking but not a monster, either, and I truly like his going slowly with this "relationship."

But he was pretty great-looking in the photos, and it doesn't match how he looks now, and I find great fault with that.

Although I agree, with sadness, that it's normal behavior these days.  I'm just glad that when I met Mr. Outlier on the internet over 20 years ago, it wasn't as common.  The only photo I'd seen of him was from his Malibu Grand Prix driver's license, which was the only current photo he had of himself.  Aah, those were the days.

But it was all made better by Darcey, of all people, trying to mask her disappointment by claiming it's what's on the inside that counts.  That's rich.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, chickenella said:

Darcy sprayed enough Angel to choke the devil himself.

Years ago I used to go visit an ex who was a guest of the state.  Not a love after lockup situation, we had broken up by the time he was in there - but the visiting room always reeked of angel.  It was apparently a huge favorite of all the non-violent offenders.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Even with Rebecca’s ex husbands face blurred, I can tell he looks ridiculously young! Especially standing beside her! She looks like his mother. It’s almost disturbing. Sorry if it offends anyone. I feel the same way with much older men, young women. I think she’s in a state of arrested development with all those filters and these 20 something men. 

Darcy has no idea what men find attractive. And most get headaches from strong perfumes. She dresses how SHE would find another woman attractive. At her age, meeting a man for the first time, she could’ve shown a little class and decorum. I can think of a hundred sexy outfits, that would’ve suited her frame better. Who wears that stuff anymore? Thigh high stripper stilettos? I don’t see that stuff anymore even in the clubs! 

• Love 14

I thought Tom had rented two separate hotel rooms until I realized he said he'd gotten an Air BnB because he didn't want to take Darcey to his home. Why is that, I wonder? Is his place not as grand as he's made it out to be? Maybe he lives with his Mum? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But it was all made better by Darcey, of all people, trying to mask her disappointment by claiming it's what's on the inside that counts.  That's rich.

Well, we all know what she wants inside her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

Hairline is receding big time due to wearing so many heavy hair extensions all the time. That's one of the drawbacks. 

We call that a skullet: bare dome in the front and hair in the back.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I would've been alarmed at the guy examining my car for bombs too but geez lady, would you rather the bombs got allowed in the perimeter of your hotel?

This can be regular protocol in the US when entering a military base. Sometimes it's random, sometimes they "know" something, sometimes there was an incident elsewhere and sometimes just because. I work at a Nuclear Submarine Base and have been subjected to it more times than I can count.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe it will be different as he has a degree? I'm just not sure?

We're going to do a swap. America gets Omar; Syria gets Avery. Omar has useful skills. We're getting the better end of the deal.

3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

It was Coco Channel.  She’s turning in her grave from seeing the mess that is Stacy walking around with her fake Channel bag. 

If Darcey is Coco Chanel's karma/punishment, it would serve that Nazi sympathizer right.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9