Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Little Lies

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Big a little bit said:

Long time lurker and joined to post regarding Avery....I have a 22 year old daughter and hell.to.the.no!  WTF is wrong with her mom?  Also Darcey....That girl slutted up in a public bathroom for someone who catfished her.  Totally TV gold!  😂.  

Welcome, and kudos on your handle!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Big a little bit said:

Long time lurker and joined to post regarding Avery....I have a 22 year old daughter and hell.to.the.no!  WTF is wrong with her mom?  Also Darcey....That girl slutted up in a public bathroom for someone who catfished her.  Totally TV gold!  😂.  

Welcome lurker!   Would you like your Rice a Roni served on the bias or would you like to eat some Olive Garden alone?   Plenty of choices here

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Poor Tom.  He mentioned a romantic getaway and his ‘guest’ can’t stop crying.  Poor Darcey. She was planning to meet Bond, James Bond, and got Justin Timberlake kinkadink head. Have a feeling he’s going to be very direct with her which means she may become an even bigger mess.  She wanted Day One to be perfect. They don’t appear to be on the same page.

I thought it was strange that Avery keeps saying she’s going to live in Syria and he said he wanted to meet in Lebanon because Syria would be unsafe for her.  Which story are we going with, kids?   Does he know she has her bags packed for the war zone?  Has he said “Get me to the US pronto!”?  Or will the whole thing be a moot point when the mother scares him off...

These “I’m gonna show him who’s boss!” women are ridiculous.  If Rebecca wanted to flex all over the place, she should have played that game at home and not in this conservative atmosphere where she’s the minority. Bad enough she’s comparatively old and just here for the Tunisian D.  If she’s a proponent of daisy dukes and a wife beater and going to yell “control freak” every day, she’s dumber than she looks.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Kareem said:

Poor Tom.  He mentioned a romantic getaway and his ‘guest’ can’t stop crying.  Poor Darcey. She was planning to meet Bond, James Bond, and got Justin Timberlake kinkadink head. 

My pre-Other Way wine just fell out of my mouth.

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Big a little bit said:

maybe I should stick to Nicole’s diet?  6 minutes to run for fries before the next shit show....

I use the Angela segments to get more food.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I thought Tom had rented two separate hotel rooms until I realized he said he'd gotten an Air BnB because he didn't want to take Darcey to his home. Why is that, I wonder? Is his place not as grand as he's made it out to be? Maybe he lives with his Mum? 

I certainly think it was lovely of Tom to secure Darcy with lodgings- makes me wonder why Darcey didn’t get her own damn hotel room, but I mean she’s Darcey and I guess she was preparing to bang Tom on the piano. But if Tom is this gallant English gentleman an Airb and b seems a little... low rent.  If he bides his spare time on 60 foot yachts in the Canary Islands surely a hotel room would be more in line with his lifestyle? Not necessarily Claridges but something mid range at least?

This is not to look a gift horse in the mouth as I know London is incredibly expensive and I would be grateful if somebody paid for me to stay in a closet there. But, I agree with others that Tom is coming off like a downmarket poser. Which will make the train wreck on upcoming episodes all the more endearing to watch.

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

Which will make the train wreck on upcoming episodes all the more endearing to watch.

Amen. And the fact that school is starting up again soon and I will have to go to sleep before 9 is making me so sad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I guess this has been asked before, but please, for me, can someone tell me what the source of Darcy's $$ is? I mean she has the funds for all her cosmetic enhancements, and clothes (remember Dolly Parton saying it cost plenty $$ to look so trashy!)... and then I noticed her ridiculous LV luggage. I mean is everything  she has faux ? If not that is some preesy pricey luggage.Thank you

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

But if Tom is this gallant English gentleman an Airb and b seems a little... low rent.  If he bides his spare time on 60 foot yachts in the Canary Islands surely a hotel room would be more in line with his lifestyle?

It's supposedly his cousin's yacht. His entire lifestyle may be a sham

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I thought Tom had rented two separate hotel rooms until I realized he said he'd gotten an Air BnB because he didn't want to take Darcey to his home. Why is that, I wonder? Is his place not as grand as he's made it out to be? Maybe he lives with his Mum? 

I thought he said he lives in Nottingham which is too far away if they’re hanging around in London.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

I thought he said he lives in Nottingham which is too far away if they’re hanging around in London.

True but he presents himself as this cosmopolitan London dude. I am loving the input from the Brits on Nottingham. It sounds a lot like rural Pennsylvania or Ohio in the States. I only recently learned about regional differences when I got into international football. The first time I heard Steven Gerard and James Milner speak I was shocked by how... non English they sounded!!

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Love 3

The conversations that happened over the last 4 years ( in the making per Darcy ) must have  revealed his British personality . He admitted when asked what pictures he showed and he said from the 90s.  They video chatted surly they weren’t all from his good side shot from high right angle. 

Right now I’m thinking his hair is very curly and he slicks it back to straighten it. My first husband had beautiful Italian curly hair which he hated so he would slick it back wet probably with dippity doo and sat under my hair dryer which straightened it out.  That’s what I think now but might change my mind if the curly mop we can see in the link where he is sitting with Darcy in a not 60 foot yacht. 

Poor guy all buttoned up not expecting the Darcy who drank her fill of champagne and wine and rolling  on the bed giving him a shot of her perfumed pubes.  Then the blubbering , how embarrassing. Pull yourself together these are proper folks. 

The sister with Baby Jane makeup was a hoot.  I read here before the show comes on and often have to FF through segments due to second hand embarrassment. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Wrong name
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

He admitted when asked what pictures he showed and he said from the 90s.

Which makes me think he isn’t 39.  He would have been between 10 and 19 in the 90s.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

The sister with Baby Jane makeup was a hoot.  

Haha.  If you haven’t seen the FX show Feud it’s worth checking out.  Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford and Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis.  A lot of it is about the shooting of Baby Jane.  Which  now has put the Rod Stewart song as an earworm into me.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Which makes me think he isn’t 39.  He would have been between 10 and 19 in the 90s.

I think he was making a joke.  The same way he was going on about having one good side and the exact angle he needed to have the camera.  

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I think he was making a joke.  The same way he was going on about having one good side and the exact angle he needed to have the camera.  

He kinda looks like a younger Ned Beatty or Carroll O’Connor.  Give him a couple years and a few more puddings.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Run tom run!  

I cannot see what tom has done wrong at all.  I think getting streetwalker Darcy her own room was a way to show her respect.  

He is going for a Jane Austen novel and she is going for a penthouse story.

How much did she have to drink?  She has to know that she looks super desperate and ridiculous when she starts carrying on like that with the tears.  Why does she keep doing it?  It has to be the liquor.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

It seems Darcey and Tom must talk a lot about JESSE! 

Ugh, I doubt tom gets a word in edgewise. 

The Airbnb is paid for, he should make an excuse (maybe it's his mom's birthday?) and ghost her.

She doesn't know where he lives and he can change his number. 

Darcy will always imagine her problems are on the outside and so to her, the way to get married is to put on more makeup or perfume or dress sluttier or get longer extensions or more Botox.

• Love 19
11 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I really dislike Rebecca.  She is very dishonest, from her photos to her marital status (she just filed for divorce before she left for Tunisia?!) and despite his flaws, Zied doesn’t deserve to be deceived like that.

Maybe Caesar will meet an actual human woman in Cancun who can become his new target.

I think I fully turned the corner on her when....as we've seen before on this show, she refused to respect the rules of the culture.  

I think zied should have let her go out alone in that shirt she was dying to wear.  She is an independent American woman who won't be told what to wear and she wants to see how everyone reacts with a few drinks in them.

Sounds like a fantastic idea.  You should go and hang out with that shirt....which.... BTW isn't sexy at all on her but just looks pathetic.

• Love 11

When James Bond told Darcey he would send a car for her,  I  envisioned a chauffer driven limo or even a decent car service.  Not a local taxi cab.   Then when Darcey said "I've always wanted to ride in one of these!", the cab driver mumbles "unh huh", meaning 'what,  a car?'.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I love British humor but it went right over my head. Wonder if she gets it/him. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

I love British humor but it went right over my head. Wonder if she gets it/him. 

I'd pretty much guarantee she doesn't.  I don't think she'd get anything as deep as a knock-knock joke.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, alegtostandon said:

When James Bond told Darcey he would send a car for her,  I  envisioned a chauffer driven limo or even a decent car service. 

I think Darcey thought so, too. She probably expected a chauffeur dressed in livery. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

I am not sure why some of you think it's only in Middle Eastern or Muslim majority countries where women's rights are limited. It happens here, too, all of the time. Some of you act like violence against women isn't a thing here. We have women getting killed in public by men just for turning them down. Hell, a big part of American history and culture has it's roots in oppressing women and minorities. 

Ouch.  You’re exactly right; a large part of our history has been oppressive.  Duly noted.   1) I like to think things have gotten better.  I’m old and I know for a dead certain fact things have changed in my lifetime.  It’s not perfect, but it’s better.   Also, the violence against women and/or killing are not condoned or encouraged in our country.   Although crimes happen, there are laws.   And 2) I really meant to aim my snark at the brassy American woman behavior spelled out beautifully by @Kareem and @RealReality below, not necessarily in Muslim majority countries, but in a majority culture other-than-here.  i meant to be pointing out a lack of respect and obviously did it badly.  I apologize for the offense.

12 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I FF past Georgia Ass Face 

🤣🤣🤣 I’d totally forgotten that bit of GOLD!!!

11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

She is exhausting.

So exhausting.  

6 hours ago, Kareem said:

These “I’m gonna show him who’s boss!” women are ridiculous.  If Rebecca wanted to flex all over the place, she should have played that game at home and not in this conservative atmosphere where she’s the minority. 

THAT’S what I was trying to say.  (Thanks, pal).

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I would just like to take a second to point out that the only American on this franchise who consistently respects her s/o culture with respect to dress is 19 year old avery.  60 year old jenny doesn't want to be told what to wear, 46 year old Rebecca can't wait to wear a top that is somehow lowcut and makes her boobs look unappealing, 60 year old Laura just feels fat so she doesn't want to wear culturally appropriate clothing.  

And this.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I guess this has been asked before, but please, for me, can someone tell me what the source of Darcy's $$ is? I mean she has the funds for all her cosmetic enhancements, and clothes (remember Dolly Parton saying it cost plenty $$ to look so trashy!)... and then I noticed her ridiculous LV luggage. I mean is everything  she has faux ? If not that is some preesy pricey luggage.Thank you

Thanks to 90 Day, she is a social media celebrity. She does paid promotions and endorsements. She gets freebies. She also has her 90 Day and Pillow Talk salaries. Her dad pays for everything else.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

When James Bond told Darcey he would send a car for her,  I  envisioned a chauffer driven limo or even a decent car service.  Not a local taxi cab.   Then when Darcey said "I've always wanted to ride in one of these!", the cab driver mumbles "unh huh", meaning 'what,  a car?'.  

That had to be a hired car, what taxi driver ever stands in an airport holding a sign with someone's name on it.   Also, I thought the iconic London cab had changed models to something newer years ago. 

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Darcy will always imagine her problems are on the outside and so to her, the way to get married is to put on more makeup or perfume or dress sluttier or get longer extensions or more Botox.

Absolutely.

Tom cannot be surprised by Darcy at all, he has known her for four years and has ample opportunity to see some if not all of installments on "The Not So Young and Embarrassing."  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That had to be a hired car, what taxi driver ever stands in an airport holding a sign with someone's name on it.   Also, I thought the iconic London cab had changed models to something newer years ago. 

I saw nothing fancy about this car. Was it essentially an Uber? The schadenfreude grows with every episode. As Grangela’s wedding planner stated, you can’t have a champagne lifestyle on a malt liquor budget. I think Darcey’s going to be sipping a lot of Colt 45 on this new venture.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Ugh, I doubt tom gets a word in edgewise. 

The Airbnb is paid for, he should make an excuse (maybe it's his mom's birthday?) and ghost her.

She doesn't know where he lives and he can change his number. 

I am dying laughing now, with a mental image of Darcy sweeping around trying to manage floor length, Cousin It hair. Her extreme lips and eyelashes are all you can see.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

True but he presents himself as this cosmopolitan London dude. I am loving the input from the Brits on Nottingham. It sounds a lot like rural Pennsylvania or Ohio in the States. I only recently learned about regional differences when I got into international football. The first time I heard Steven Gerard and James Milner speak I was shocked by how... non English they sounded!!

As a Brit familiar with Ohio, WV and Pennsylvania (I have family in SE Ohio), Nottingham (the city) is like the Pittsburg of the UK.  The countryside and villages around (Nottinghamshire) are rather nondescript - they used to be primarily mining villages but all the mines are now closed and there's a lot of unemployment in rural areas. Because, after all, if the mine closes down, then it has a knock-on effect on all the small businesses around. The small towns are cultural deserts where the businesses in the town centres have closed, replaced by charity shops. It's not the most picturesque part of the UK. 

There are hundreds of different regional accents and dialects in the UK, along with several native languages (Welsh, Cornish, Manx, Scottish Gaelic and Irish Gaelic). We even have Welsh and Scottish Gaelic TV channels.

• Useful 11
  • Love 5

I would just like to take a second to point out that the only American on this franchise who consistently respects her s/o culture with respect to dress is 19 year old avery.  60 year old jenny doesn't want to be told what to wear, 46 year old Rebecca can't wait to wear a top that is somehow lowcut and makes her boobs look unappealing, 60 year old Laura just feels fat so she doesn't want to wear culturally appropriate clothing.  

But a 19 year old girl consistently dresses in a manner respectful to the culture.  Avery is a nincompoop and a brat and she is terribly naive.  But I think that in this area she has shown a degree of maturity women 20 to 40 years older than her refuse to show. 

The difference with Avery is that she herself is embracing the culture- Islam- whereas the others have no clue about where they are headed. Laura is just finding out about multiple wives from someone else...saying oh he didn't tell me about that. And Rebecca... really.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

I saw nothing fancy about this car. Was it essentially an Uber? The schadenfreude grows with every episode. As Grangela’s wedding planner stated, you can’t have a champagne lifestyle on a malt liquor budget. I think Darcey’s going to be sipping a lot of Colt 45 on this new venture.

It’s a Black Cab.  The drivers go through crazy extensive training and know every millimeter of London.   It’s actually quite a feat to pass the tests and become a driver.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Big a little bit said:

Welcome and I love your handle!

8 hours ago, Mothra said:

I think Tom is a new experience for Darcey--a man whose looks aren't up to her standards who is not sure he wants to fuck her, and she is confused.  Her whole game, it seems to me, is to come charging in with the sexy, and most men in her life, being on dick-drive, have followed her slavering to bed.  Tom, who is a normal-looking guy, is treating her as if she were a normal-looking woman with whom he's had an online relationship and is behaving the way I think most normal people would, and she can't stand it.

I predict that her relationship with Tom is going to be one more thing she will have been put through (sobsobsob) and will be conversational fodder for the entire season.  It will be interesting to see how his caution will be turned into injury and disrespect.  Her heart, after all, is open.

My first impression of this guy is total arrogance. This is someone he's "known" for years now and the whole not showing up at the airport and instead sending a car so she can freshen up reeks of snobbery. Not sure where he lives but I'm not getting the impression that the AirBnb was rented because he's a gentleman. I think he got it either because he entertains others or has something to hide, or-- and I think this may be more likely-- he would be mortified to have his neighbors see the likes of Darcy coming and going from his home. She is entirely too over the top. He has probably seen plenty of her histrionics via text and wants to keep her at a distance to avoid embarrassment. There is something slimy about him to me. Mr. awkward had no problem asking in a sociopathic voice to see her friends boobs while Darcy was there and let out a smug laugh afterwards. Ugh. Not seeing what he has to offer. Darcy herself needs to go home, toss all the fakery, turn into a regular person and then go looking for love. Seems it is too late for that though.

Rewatched and I find Zied to be not only creepy but dangerous. In a serious way. Rebecca needs to get out of there and she better never tell him she's not divorced yet. I seriously fear for her safety with this guy.

I don't know why but every time I hear Avery talk, I think if she tweaked her voice just a tiny bit, she would sound exactly like Brenda Walsh's "La Voyn" character from 90210.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

So far Omar seems to be the most normal person in all of this. 

Yes, I’m a little concerned he might be the one being catfished.  He actually thinks he is getting a woman who chose the same faith as him and is very devout when he’s really getting an immature girl chasing anything different to fool herself into thinking she’s special when she’s actually quite shallow and boring.  Of course, we are only a few episodes in and by the end Omar may be shown to be awful, but I hope not.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

Run tom run!  

I cannot see what tom has done wrong at all.  I think getting streetwalker Darcy her own room was a way to show her respect.  

He is going for a Jane Austen novel and she is going for a penthouse story.

How much did she have to drink?  She has to know that she looks super desperate and ridiculous when she starts carrying on like that with the tears.  Why does she keep doing it?  It has to be the liquor.

This is why Tom's description of their relationship doesn't ring true to me.  There's no way that he would have been chatting with her for years and have a vision of her OTHER than what she is.  I don't think she's smart enough to pull that off, nor do I think she would want to.  I suspect she loves portraying a naughty vixen. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

My first impression of this guy is total arrogance. This is someone he's "known" for years now and the whole not showing up at the airport and instead sending a car so she can freshen up reeks of snobbery. Not sure where he lives but I'm not getting the impression that the AirBnb was rented because he's a gentleman. I think he got it either because he entertains others or has something to hide, or-- and I think this may be more likely-- he would be mortified to have his neighbors see the likes of Darcy coming and going from his home. She is entirely too over the top. He has probably seen plenty of her histrionics via text and wants to keep her at a distance to avoid embarrassment. There is something slimy about him to me. Mr. awkward had no problem asking in a sociopathic voice to see her friends boobs while Darcy was there and let out a smug laugh afterwards. Ugh. Not seeing what he has to offer. Darcy herself needs to go home, toss all the fakery, turn into a regular person and then go looking for love. Seems it is too late for that though.

Rewatched and I find Zied to be not only creepy but dangerous. In a serious way. Rebecca needs to get out of there and she better never tell him she's not divorced yet. I seriously fear for her safety with this guy.

I don't know why but every time I hear Avery talk, I think if she tweaked her voice just a tiny bit, she would sound exactly like Brenda Walsh's "La Voyn" character from 90210.  

Unless that is the "part" he is playing? I can't imagine all this time she chatted with him she didn't see this side of him? Then again, she isn't the brightest bulb. 

• Love 1

Really?  I see what you (and others) are calling arrogance as typical British self-deprecating humor.  I don't think he really thinks he is handsome and sexy; I think he finds it funny to pretend to have "a good side" and so on.  I like Tom.  I don't find him hot or anything; he just strikes me as someone who'd be good company for a drink and maybe as a friend.

As I revealed in another post, I have fairly racy friendships and I truly didn't think asking to see what's-her-face's cleavage as all that outrageous.  I think, in fact, it was a little bit of a put-down to a woman--to all three women--who clearly have no shame in displaying their wares.  I think he found it funny, and so did I, especially since the three women obviously had no idea they were being made fun of, in a way that wasn't even all that subtle.

As to whether he's a gentleman or not:  who knows?  I don't care.  I just see his not wanting to jump in the sack with her as sensible and normal, especially since he's aware of her history with Jesse and because of her generally whorish affect.  I agree that his not wanting to meet her at the airport is a little odd, but again he's seen her behavior at airports, and you don't have to pretend to be a gentleman to not want some middle-aged, clownishly made-up woman in streetwalker's clothes rush toward you in a crowded venue only to wrap her legs around you (and imagine if she'd worn her pantsless outfit) screaming orgasmically that you were the love of her life.  Who needs that?  Plus it's always a pain to pick someone up at the airport, be it Heathrow or Bumfuck International.

And above all, I think Tom is trying to answer the Eternal Question:  What the hell are they going to talk about?  I think he's admirable for this alone.  What does Starcey (I've given up) think about when she's not fucking/being told how sexy she is/crying about all she's had to go through?  I watch with bated breath.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Yeah I can’t feel sorry for Tom. I have trouble believing he never watched Darcy on TV before. And I mean a two minute FaceTime convo with Darcy exposes her thirst and desperation. He’s complicit.

• Love 4

Long time lurker first time poster.  I have to agree there is something about Zied that makes me cringe.  The way he talks, the way he looks at Rebecca, this guy has serious issues.  With him telling her constantly "I love you", "Baby your so sexy", seems like he is one step away from hitting her then saying "You know I love you baby, but when you xxxx, it makes me so upset." 

Side note - why does Caesar remind me of Oscar from "Shark Tales"

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Spike said:

Haha.  If you haven’t seen the FX show Feud it’s worth checking out.  Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford and Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis.  A lot of it is about the shooting of Baby Jane.  Which  now has put the Rod Stewart song as an earworm into me.

Feud was really good. 

27 minutes ago, pandaindisguise said:

Long time lurker first time poster.  I have to agree there is something about Zied that makes me cringe.  The way he talks, the way he looks at Rebecca, this guy has serious issues.  With him telling her constantly "I love you", "Baby your so sexy", seems like he is one step away from hitting her then saying "You know I love you baby, but when you xxxx, it makes me so upset." 

Yes he does. 

• Love 2

Avery has obviously hit the jackpot:  a dentist, soon to be a periodontist, who is handsome, seems kind and mannerly, inexperienced in sex (imagine the possibilities!) (yes, purple dildoes are perfectly normal); unfortunately, he lives in godforsaken Syria and has little hope of being allowed to enter the US because of his religion.

She would never, ever be able to snag such a husband in the US, so for once I understand the search for love overseas.  She is a very pretty girl (and I use the term intentionally).  I wish her mother would back off now that she has met the guy; if he has a dark side, he's certainly not going to show it while she's there anyway.

I think this interesting part of this story is how hard it is for her to get him out of Syria.  I do not think it will have a happy ending.

• Love 12