Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Little Lies

• Start Topic

Angela deals with more issues surrounding Michael; Darcey gets ready to meet her new British man; Ben worries his Kenyan love interest isn't ready to become a stepmom; Avery finally meets her Syrian fiancé Omar; and Rebecca digs into Zied's past.

Airs 8/18/19.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, Drogo said:

Darcey gets ready to meet her new British man; 

After liberally dousing herself in perfume from head to toe 

27E27B4B-99E0-4423-9263-C97B77D71D1F.jpeg

45 minutes later...she’s ready to meet James Bond 

19D93C64-8BD7-415D-A644-EE1E7FDAABB1.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

It did appear to be a private restroom at Heathrow. She was shown going through her luggage and trying to decide what to wear after she washed, dried off with one of those high output dryers, brushed her teeth, reapplied makeup, lotion and squirted LOTS of perfume all over her body, even more than she applied at the Duty Free before meeting Jesse. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Who was it that said ”before going out, look in the mirror and remove one item”?

Darcy needs to ADD one!! Pants please !!!

Maybe she figured it was too little perfume that made the Jesse thing not work out...he smelled the desperation on her........ she won’t make that mistake again!

Coco chanel!  

She seriously needs to look in the mirror and replace one slutty clubwear item with a piece of normal clothing. 

Like take off those giant Jody watley bootleg hoop earrings and put on some pants.  

Is that show what not to wear still on?  I never watched it but she has to be a prime candidate for that show. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Darcy, take all that airfare and get therapy.  Truly, you need help.  Help for why you feel Soulmate #2 is going to solve all your problems.  Why you go from zero to 60 with the crying.  Why you need to make a driver wait outside a private bathroom for 45 minutes so you could blow dry your armpits and spray your lower darby with perfume.  Why you are expecting a ring from a guy who asked your friend to show him her boobs - and she complied and you sat there, all huffy.

Yuck.  Tom is no Casanova, but why can't she just shower before she sees him?  Is she afraid she is going to melt?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 8/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, magemaud said:

After liberally dousing herself in perfume from head to toe 

27E27B4B-99E0-4423-9263-C97B77D71D1F.jpeg

45 minutes later...she’s ready to meet James Bond 

19D93C64-8BD7-415D-A644-EE1E7FDAABB1.jpeg

How about you change and freshen up in your hotel room?  And what kind of skank spreads her clothes all over a public bathroom floor?

• Love 21
5 hours ago, nytonc said:

Darcy and her sister are so pathetic and desperate and trashy! I worry about her daughters growing up surrounded by the idea that one never looks good enough, always needs cosmetic improvement and must travel half way around the world to find love. I felt so sorry for that poor driver getting in that car with her after she doused herself in perfume! 

I think TLC is making a huge mistake romanticizing the idea of a naive converted to Islam American girl running off the Lebanon and/or Syria to join “the love of her life” and without a phone no less. I don’t care that her shit-for-brains mother is with her! She’s a moron for agreeing to this farce.  I’m thoroughly disgusted. 

I agree with you on all points, especially Avery, or as I call her "I am Muslim today but in five years we are gonna look back and say "Remember when I wanted to go to Syria???"  But the fact is, Avery is 19, she is a legal adult adn can do what she wants, no matter how Death Wish-y it is!   All her mom can go is go along, meet Omar and ask Avery for her funeral plans.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, nytonc said:

Darcy and her sister are so pathetic and desperate and trashy! I worry about her daughters growing up surrounded by the idea that one never looks good enough, always needs cosmetic improvement and must travel half way around the world to find love. I felt so sorry for that poor driver getting in that car with her after she doused herself in perfume! 

They seem to be imitating Mariah Carey and even she can’t get away with that look.

If you close your eyes when Avery is talking it totally sounds like a cartoon voice.  Close to Bart Simpson or one of the Peanuts gang.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'd have been so mad about renting that car and then driving in Tunisia. I think I'd have had a heart attack, to be honest. I like our roadways: clearly defined lanes, rules of traffic that people actually follow, and stop signs that aren't just there as suggestion. 

Yes, that made me mad too. I am sure she will not be doing the driving so I hope she put him on the policy.  

Honestly, I would have told him that he can get a cab to take them to the hotel.  I cannot believe they will need a car in that city, parking might not be easy.  

Go figure, two minutes after they meet in person he has disappointed her. Shocking!

BTW, you look great in the filter! I am tempted to try that too. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, that made me mad too. I am sure she will not be doing the driving so I hope she put him on the policy.  

Honestly, I would have told him that he can get a cab to take them to the hotel.  I cannot believe they will need a car in that city, parking might not be easy.  

Go figure, two minutes after they meet in person he has disappointed her. Shocking!

Ha ha, I tried a bunch of different ones.  I'll post another one over in Small Talk so that I don't go off topic too much. It's kinda fun. 

I also thought parking might be a problem. I've never rented a car in a foreign city. Now,to get from one side of the country to the other or for long trips I've rented abroad, but in this situation a cab should've been offered. She'd never even been there before. I can't imagine how intimidating that would've been. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Yes, that made me mad too. I am sure she will not be doing the driving so I hope she put him on the policy

She said he cannot drive the rental car because he has been licensed for ess than five years and that is a thing there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Spike said:

How about you change and freshen up in your hotel room?  And what kind of skank spreads her clothes all over a public bathroom floor?

In that promo clip that keeps getting aired, I’m fairly sure we see Darcey barefoot 🤢 and it’s not just a public bathroom floor, it’s an airport public bathroom floor!!! 🤮

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He can’t drive a rental car. He doesn’t have the  5 yrs of driving experience required by the rental company. I know in the US you used to have to be 25 in order to rent a car. At least it was with the major companies, Avis, Hertz etc. There’s too much risk for accidents, tickets etc 

As far as disappointing her, we haven’t even gotten to the sex yet!! 

Edited by iwasish
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

At least he could have warned her she’d need to rent a car and drive. What if the only cars available had stick shifts? I would have been totally SOL. I was in Naples in May, I wouldn’t have driven in that chaos for a million dollars. He seems the lazy type that would expect HER to instinctively know where she was going then start yelling at her when she was in the wrong lane or turned in the wrong direction. But Rebecca’s mind was probably focused on getting to the hotel and driving HIS stick. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I noticed that Darcy and her sister had a different house than last season, this time it is a single family home and not the townhouse they had before. What do they do for money?

their current living situation is explained on the Darcey thread. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

At least he could have warned her she’d need to rent a car and drive. What if the only cars available had stick shifts? I would have been totally SOL. I was in Naples in May, I wouldn’t have driven in that chaos for a million dollars. He seems the lazy type that would expect HER to instinctively know where she was going then start yelling at her when she was in the wrong lane or turned in the wrong direction. But Rebecca’s mind was probably focused on getting to the hotel and driving HIS stick. 

It’s funny that in cultures with so many restrictions both legally and etiquette-wise, driving is permitted to be a free-for-all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

As far as disappointing her, we haven’t even gotten to the sex yet!! 

And you just KNOW that jiggy jiggy is going to be terrible!

At least she has a plane ticket out, Laura moving permanently to get some subpar jiggy jiggy is....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And you just KNOW that jiggy jiggy is going to be terrible!

At least she has a plane ticket out, Laura moving permanently to get some subpar jiggy jiggy is....

At least Aladdin is eye candy.  Zied is just gross.

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You don't like to be spoken to in a creepy stalker voice by a guy who has not washed his hair in a week?  Jeez......picky picky picky!!

Okay, Mother Deavan is still bugging me, lol, on her shaming, or put down, or whatever that smug comment on now you have to BE a dad or whatever.  Lady, you and your hubby raised a daughter who is seemingly uneducated past high school and his having her second kid by a second man at age 22.  So how about the TWO OF YOU  travel back in time and be better parents to Deavan and teach her how to keep her legs together, learn birth control and get an education?

Deaven’s parents look pretty young so they may have been teen parents themselves.

• Love 3
Just now, Spike said:

Deaven’s parents look pretty young so they may have been teen parents themselves.

I agree, and all the better to educate your offspring so they can do better.  Kinda like the current crop of fools on Unexpected, with the two sisters who are 34 and 36 and are grandmothers.  (I might be a year off in the ages but they are well south of 40)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Spike said:

At least Aladdin is eye candy.  Zied is just gross.

Agreed. 

One day there will be filter glasses for people like Rebecca and zied.

45 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder if it's cultural for people to get married and start a family earlier in s. Korea.  I know I watched a documentary about what I thought was s. Korea and how parents were lamenting and trying desperately to set their kids up in their 20s.

There was some public wall where you could post a picture and information of your uncoupled offspring.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Agreed. 

One day there will be filter glasses for people like Rebecca and zied.

I wonder if it's cultural for people to get married and start a family earlier in s. Korea.  I know I watched a documentary about what I thought was s. Korea and how parents were lamenting and trying desperately to set their kids up in their 20s.

There was some public wall where you could post a picture and information of your uncoupled offspring.

Im quoting myself to point out what a dummy I am when the OP wasn't talking about jihoons parents.  It's been a long week.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Im quoting myself to point out what a dummy I am when the OP wasn't talking about jihoons parents.  It's been a long week.

You need to work on yourself, babe.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, iwasish said:

Who was it that said ”before going out, look in the mirror and remove one item”?

Darcy needs to ADD one!! Pants please !!!

Maybe she figured it was too little perfume that made the Jesse thing not work out...he smelled the desperation on her........ she won’t make that mistake again!

There is not enough perfume at the Perfume Outlet Mall to cover up the desperation in Darcy.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Mothra said:

Oh, Mamadrama, I'm in love.  I think I've found my soulmate.  Check your paypal account for the six billion dollars I've sent you and let me know when you've bought your ticket to Belize.

emoji times a thousand (I don't know how to do them)

If you really loved her you'd have her picture on a mug......and in a picture frame next to your bed......and in multiple framed photos down your hallway.....

TL; DR - The only way you can reasonably demonstrate your love is acting like a stalker in a lifetime movie.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

If you really loved her you'd have her picture on a mug......and in a picture frame next to your bed......and in multiple framed photos down your hallway.....

TL; DR - The only way you can reasonably demonstrate your love is acting like a stalker in a lifetime movie.

Don't forget the matching sweatshirts with each other's picture on them!!!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Got to say the Syrian dentist is eye candy too. I’m still having flashback to those to tight jeans of Zieds

Which would be the opposite of eye candy, Zied is kind of gross so far. Why on earth Rebecca finds him so hot is beyond me.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Which would be the opposite of eye candy, Zied is kind of gross so far. Why on earth Rebecca finds him so hot is beyond me.

And vice versa.  In her own right, she’s ok. With a 26 year old from Tunisia and in lingerie?  She scared herself trying it on; scared me, too.  When he said he was going to bed with a grandmother, I winced.  A kind of creepy couple.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 8/13/2019 at 10:57 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Avery is 19, she is a legal adult adn can do what she wants, no matter how Death Wish-y it is!   All her mom can go is go along, meet Omar and ask Avery for her funeral plans.

I don't think Avery can travel legally to Syria.  I know a few news correspondents travel there, but only briefly so perhaps they get very temporary visas.  I would think her mother could work together with US consulate people to prevent her from going there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2