Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Rocky Mountain High Part II

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

Chelsea, Cameran, Eliza, Danni and Kathryn hit the slopes for their first ever ski lesson, while Craig, Austen and Madison snowboard.  When Austen and Madison's relationship starts to heat back up, Kathryn reveals more dirt on her hook up with Whitney.  Later, tensions rise when the gang enjoys a cannabis infused dinner and Kathryn is confronted with her past mistakes. Meanwhile, back in Charleston, Naomie gets an unexpected phone call from Ashley.  

Skis! Snowboards!  Cannabis! Phone calls!  Will the excitement never end? 

Original air date 2019.07.25

(edited)

I must admit, I cannot understand these restaurant opening with cannabis-infused meals.  Dinner and a buzz?  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my cocktails and/or wine, I just don’t want it infused into the filet.  Why not go to the dispensary and get what you are looking for there.  I’ll see how this plays out as it will be coming to my state by the end of the year.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 6

Despite all her awkwardness in her new body, Kathryn’s figure looked pretty curvy-fab in her ski suit. Very Joan Holloway.

Team Madison, good job giving Shep what for!

Was really glad to see that the chef made the infusion part of dinner optional, although even that (understandably) wasn’t enough to make it ok for Kathryn. 

Craig, man...discretion can be the better part of valor. Shut uuuuuuup.

• Love 18

Well, it was a pretty fun episode until the last ten minutes.  And the Ashley scene.

Loved the skiing lesson.

I can understand Kat being upset about the dinner and Austen not giving her a heads up to see if she was okay with it.  I think she thought she would be ok but it's one of those situations where it builds up and then she said something at dinner.  She was also upset about Whit.  It was nice of Craig to go see if she was ok.

Shep is such a jerk.

I'm still not feeling Madison but maybe it's because I don't like Austen.

• Love 15
(edited)

Craig is always up in the drama. I remember Cameran saying that years back, that he was like a girl, always ready for some gossip. It’s off- putting. 

I am quite curious why old stand-by Danni didn’t chase Kathryn down?? 

I thought for SURE Shep was going to try to kiss Madison. You know Austen was worried about it too. Madison looked HAWT. 

Shep is THE most competitive and jealous guy on the planet. He even got ruffled feathers when Austen had to pay for all the bar shots! He didn’t like it looking like Austen was a big money guy...wow. Only Shep and Whitney can be the rich, privileged guys, I forgot. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 23
(edited)

New to the show this year.  Did Ashley always wear ugly wigs? Because you could see her other hair hanging down underneath. Does she have female pattern baldness? Is that why she wore the fugly hat last week?

Something seemed up with Craig  before he went after Katheryn.  Maybe he misses being at home with his unfinished  pillows.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Craig...always the victim and the victim’s hero. That role is so old. Honestly, at this point, I wouldn’t care if he left the show. He really doesn’t add anything just like Whitney.  And sadly, I don’t think Katherine is adding much either this season.  I could just watch Patricia and Michael and be happy. Missing the old Naomi and hoping they don’t give Metul a lot of air time. Missing Thomas even though he’s a total douche he did add to the show. Speaking of Thomas, on my way to Edisto Beach, I detoured to see Brookland Plantation. Crazy to see the polo field and barn. The house was absolutely stunning.  Sad that he has to sell it, I assume to pay his legal fees. It is really in the middle of nowhere and all I could think was that Katherine was stuck there with a newborn baby. It must have felt like prison. So what happens to Danni next week? What gets her so upset? This ski trip is so boring. Please get back to Charleston where we can at least drool over the beautiful homes.

• Love 2

Why is Craig OBSESSED with Austen and Madison showing affection towards each other?? Jealous much Craigie? It’s just weird as hell. I’m glad Madison told him to step out of their biz-ness. 

The Ashley scene was so staged and fake. Naomie slipped a few times, smiling.  I guess “Nomie” needed *some* way to get screen time this week, yawn. Ashley has zero place on this show without Thomas, GTFO. Girl, bye. 

• Love 14

I hate Shep now. He's such a snobbish asshole. He soooo wants to fuck Madison.

Austen and Shep are exactly the kinds of people I hate to get high with.  

Craig is a pain in the ass but he was right about Whitney. 

• Love 20

Hey Kathryn, what's the difference between the elephant in the room and the white elephant in the room? Lol (She told Dani that her at the drug infused dinner would be like a white elephant in the room.)

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hey Kathryn, what's the difference between the elephant in the room and the white elephant in the room? Lol (She told Dani that her at the drug infused dinner would be like a white elephant in the room.)

Maybe everyone brings an old bong to trade with others-an updated “white elephant party”. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

Craig: “Kathryn looks like a Teletubby.”

Yes.

I thought she looked more like a Power Ranger.  (except for those ridiculously horrible earmuffs)

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 5
  • Love 17

I had to laugh that they were so excited to go to Colorado!  When the Real housewives go to Dubai and Provence.  I’m guessing Colorado! is the furthest Cameran will go without P.

Cam’s right Craig’s outbursts are scary and unpredictable.  

Shep must’ve been dumped and or cheated on by someone who reminds him of Madison because no other reason makes sense that he despises her so much.

Would Austen have known about Katherine’s previous rehab for weed?  I think Whitney had a hand in that dinner.  It was ridiculous that she had to site through it.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Shep must’ve been dumped and or cheated on by someone who reminds him of Madison because no other reason makes sense that he despises her so much.

I recall someone here saying he had tried to pick her up some time in the past and she turned him down.  I might be remembering that wrong.  But if it's true, I could see Shep feeling insulted and pissed that Madison chose Austin, someone Shep looks down upon.

• Love 9
Just now, izabella said:

I recall someone here saying he had tried to pick her up some time in the past and she turned him down.  I might be remembering that wrong.  But if it's true, I could see Shep feeling insulted and pissed that Madison chose Austin, someone Shep looks down upon.

Madison said at Patricia’s dinner that he hit on her when she was married and turned him down.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Ugh...as usual, Kathryn proves that she is the biggest goddamned drama queen.

She knew they were all going to weed city central in Colorado. She knows half the cast are drinkers and stoners and there would obviously be a dispensary visit. If it bothered her so damned much to be around that shit, she should’ve stayed the fuck home. And she needs to quit moping around whining about how insensitive everyone is being to dare indulge in the local flavors around her while dragging out old skeletons from her past with the cast.

Have some grace and self-control already if you know you’re going to be all around it—-no need to melodramatically flounce from the table in the middle of a stoner dinner just because she somehow felt slighted. 

God, SERIOUSLY. Her pulling up that years-old shit from Whitney, and then claiming she needed to ‘remind herself’ when they called her out for it being old news, was so attention-seeking and pathetic. She’s one of those people who has to shit on everyone else’s good time if she can’t be the center of attention herself. 

In other news, maybe it’s because I live in a legal state but their weed behavior was so embarrassing. These people are in their 30s! I felt so bad for that chef, trying to announce the courses while these morons made ganja jokes and generally acted like 13 year olds smoking a shake joint. Well, just Shep and Austen. Madison killed it. 

• Love 14

From the other side of the pool.  I fluved Kat's skiing outfit.  It was so over the top.  And she looked great.

Ok.  I'll go back and toss the tennis ball to the great dogs on this franchise with Gizmo at my side..

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

It’s a cover Kathryn went to rehab for weed right? Cause that’s not a thing.

She just wanted attention in this episode cause no one was paying attention to her.

Some of these ppl were such buzzkills like whoa way to kill the vibe and fun lol.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

From the other side of the pool.  I fluved Kat's skiing outfit.  It was so over the top.  And she looked great.

Ok.  I'll go back and toss the tennis ball to the great dogs on this franchise with Gizmo at my side..

No, you’re not alone. Katherine looked fantastic in that ski-outfit and the flamboyance of it suited HER. 

Along with the infused wine, the meal was to gradually increase in 'ganja juice’. In this manner, the chef’s work- -meal would be appreciated with a small buzz increasing in increments balanced by an increasingly full belly. But nooo, Schlep and Austen just had to get blitzed and behave like immature azzholes. Based on their actions, really, it was purposeless to have a chef come to the dwelling and prepare a several-course-meal. It wasn’t appreciated...seemingly by anyone.

Katherine ‘s behavior was no more irritating than Shep and Austen’s behaviors.

ole Shep was downright salivating while L👀King @Madison. Good. Suffer, Schlep.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Marley said:

It’s a cover Kathryn went to rehab for weed right? Cause that’s not a thing

I know someone who did- he got pulled over and there was weed in the car.  It was one of those rehab-or-jail deals I guess.

Kathryn is ridiculous.  First with that outfit.  She is a naturally pretty girl but it all falls flat when she tries too hard to be sexy or high-fashion.  And her attitude about dinner?  Omg what a narcissist.  HOW DARE THEY.  She sounded like Countess Luanne.  

I agree that Shep hates Madison bc she turned him down.  I like her.  And I was very impressed with her snowboarding skills.  I would have been like Eliza's boyfriend - face-down in the snow.

• Love 9

I have to admit I did crack up that Craig was the only one who chased after Kathryn after she flounced out.

And was it the dried out chicken thigh that triggered her Whitney yes-sex-no-sex flashback?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, South Mouth said:

Craig...always the victim and the victim’s hero. That role is so old. Honestly, at this point, I wouldn’t care if he left the show. He really doesn’t add anything just like Whitney.  And sadly, I don’t think Katherine is adding much either this season.  I could just watch Patricia and Michael and be happy. Missing the old Naomi and hoping they don’t give Metul a lot of air time. Missing Thomas even though he’s a total douche he did add to the show. Speaking of Thomas, on my way to Edisto Beach, I detoured to see Brookland Plantation. Crazy to see the polo field and barn. The house was absolutely stunning.  Sad that he has to sell it, I assume to pay his legal fees. It is really in the middle of nowhere and all I could think was that Katherine was stuck there with a newborn baby. It must have felt like prison. So what happens to Danni next week? What gets her so upset? This ski trip is so boring. Please get back to Charleston where we can at least drool over the beautiful homes.

Amen to getting back to the true star of this show, Charleston.Maybe it is me, being in CA where pot is also legal now, but I find all the emphasis on it with these people odd to say the least. It is not the first thing, or even the 20th thing, I think of about CO. Maybe it's a big deal in the South?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Madison said at Patricia’s dinner that he hit on her when she was married and turned him down.

I remember her saying that, but I figured from the beginning that Shep's reaction to her had to be based o  jealousy. I mean, why else would his interest in keeping them apart be so intense? Does anyone actually believe self absorbed Shep is so genuinely concerned that Austen is with her? I have a  friends whose husband annoys the hell out of me. I am just polite and keep my mouth shut. He is not abusive to her, he is just a know it all, but she thinks he is brilliant  Not my business. But then I am not jealous.

Just now, chlban said:

I remember her saying that, but I figured from the beginning that Shep's reaction to her had to be based on  jealousy. I mean, why else would his interest in keeping them apart be so intense? Does anyone actually believe self absorbed Shep is so genuinely concerned that Austen is with her? I have a  friend whose husband annoys the hell out of me. I am just polite and keep my mouth shut. He is not abusive to her, he is just a know it all, but she thinks he is brilliant  Not my business. But then I am not jealous.

• Love 4

Who the hell does Craig think he is yelling at Whitney to go talk to Kathryn? Or yelling at anybody for that matter? Sit down and shut your mouth, dude. So sick of Craig. 

These people are boring even when they are stoned out of their minds. I didn't think Shep and Austen lauging like out of control teenagers at dinner was funny at all. What is so entertaining about that? Madison seems so much more mature than Austen. Girl, go find yourself a real man. 

• Love 8

I also loved the scenes where you can see Chelsea's hands in the periphery gesturing to whether to and how much to "enhance" her meal.

If I'm going to a pot dinner I think I want to go with Chelsea.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Pffft.  We don't even get to see Gizmo anymore. 

Which means there is no reason for Naomi to be on this show anymore. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I also loved the scenes where you can see Chelsea's hands in the periphery gesturing to whether to and how much to "enhance" her meal.

If I'm going to a pot dinner I think I want to go with Chelsea.

Chelsea and Madison are definitely people you want to hang with for nights like this.

Shep is the rich guy that shows up at the party and basically you steal his stash by the end of the night (not that I wouldn't know anything about that) .

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
Just now, dosodog said:

Which means there is no reason for Naomi to be on this show anymore. 

I find her completely bereft of purpose.  It seems more clear that her involvement with Craig was to secure a spot on the show.  Metul and Craig couldn't possibly be more different.  Not to say that we are always pigeon-holed into dating similar people, but c'mon.  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Kat needs to take several lessons from Countess Luanne on how to have fun on vacay around a bunch of wild party people despite being court-ordered to remain stone cold sober. 

The Countess didn't handle it any better than Kat this season. She complained about the first night of the Miami trip and how hard it was being around when everyone was falling down drunk. I do think it takes a special kind of narcissist to not even fathom that someone who has a substance abuse problem 1) might be triggered by being around that substance and 2) might not think it was the most fun thing in the world to watch friends get drunk/high. Hell, its not always fun being the non-drinker in the room without a substance abuse problem.  And I don't think that traveling to a state where weed is legal should necessarily mean that one would expect that the entire trip would be focused around weed. One trip to the dispensary is fine, but the dinner should have been discussed and folks given the opportunity to opt out if they didn't want to partake.

• Love 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

One trip to the dispensary is fine, but the dinner should have been discussed and folks given the opportunity to opt out if they didn't want to partake.

While I don't disagree with you on this point, I blame Bravo mostly, and Katherine to a lesser extent.  She knows this group better than we do, and she probably should have guessed at what would go down, what with all that access to legal weed.  Just another example that the execs at Bravo/NBC/Comcast/Universal are unconcerned over the welfare of their employees.  I get that these are grown folk, but the carrot dangling reaches great heights on Bravo programming.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Oh Whitney, you know who you reminded of tonight?

giphy.gifMaybe you can channel your creative gifts into crafting a re-make of Blue Velvet.  Just a thought.

I loved that waiter - I've never seen one of those before.  Probably a scam. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

Just another example that the execs at Bravo/NBC/Comcast/Universal are unconcerned over the welfare of their employees.  I get that these are grown folk, but the carrot dangling reaches great heights on Bravo programming.

Yep. Bunim/Murray used to be the standard bearer for "how far can we push our vulnerable employee/test dummies", but in the last few years, Bravo seems to have taken over the title. Katherine's issues with drugs are well documented, and weed was definitely one of her problems (along with abusing legally prescribed drugs) so building an entire three day vacation around it was a crappy thing to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8