Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Dang, I got sucked into hate watching this crap show.  Chantel still shops at Boobs Hanging Out Outlet Mall.  Karen is still under the impression that she is a genius badass, bless her heart.  The family as a whole are fame whores.

Pedro keeps telling them to butt out of their marriage, like that will happen.  Now  Chantel is sticking her nose into Winter’s relationship. Annnnd, the family that twerks together?  Yikes!  

Pedro deserves a medal for putting up with these people for four years.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

I caught like 30 seconds.  Chantel and family were standing around a kitchen, eating nachos, like you do.  They asked how her trip was, she said she didn't want to talk about it.  than she doubled down with some crap like, "talking about how horrible it was will serve no purpose."  So obviously, they were going to push until she spilled.

• Love 5

I watched it, and I’m still not convinced it wasn’t a mashup of Chantel/Pedro scenes from previous HEA episodes: Chekhov’s taser, River running his mouth (but mysteriously disappearing when everyone else went to meet Pedro face to face), Mother Chantel’s Spanish that seems like she only studied the language through watching Sesame Street, bitchy FaceTime call between Pedro and Nicole.

However, Chantel falling up the stairs was kind of funny. And it’s a relief to watch 90 Day the Other Way without constant Kate Gosselin promos.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Pedro has been here for 4 years, and still has no driver's licence, and can't drive a car at all according to Chantel? Also, why has his English not improved any? I wonder if he works somewhere where Spanish is spoken maybe?

• Love 2

"Watched" while folding clothes and doing other household chores. Really pretty boring for the most part, lots of time spent with Winter and River. Twerking class was unnecessary. Winter seems likeable. Funny how the family is all up in Chantal's and Pedro's lives, but no one knows anything about Winter's boyfriend of 5 years Ja or maybe Jah.

The Cliffhanger for next week seems to be that Nicole told Pedro on the phone that she and Mama Pedro were moving to the United States. Wouldn't that be good, that way they can harvest the American dollar on their own? No more Pedro having to visit the DR or sending money. As Pam Beasly would say it's a win-win-win.

• Love 2

I watched just to see if it was watchable but halfway thru I decided it wasn't. There were only 2 things that stood out to me, 1. Karen has put on a few pounds and 2. this image from the very beginning during the recap. I didn't notice it first time around but I sure did this time. Pedro greeting his sister at the airport..................can we say questionable hand placement?

90 day.jpg

(edited)
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Pedro has been here for 4 years, and still has no driver's licence, and can't drive a car at all according to Chantel? Also, why has his English not improved any? I wonder if he works somewhere where Spanish is spoken maybe?

Maybe some of that technical language gets him. Also, he may be a better English reader than speaker. English is not read phonetically, like Spanish. 

I think his Spanish has improved. I can understand him. 

Why did River say the Pedro tried to run his parents over? They’re such exaggerators. 

Twerking is a way to make you comfortable in your body? If anything it would make that less so, at least for me!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 3
On 7/19/2019 at 9:56 PM, RealReality said:

I'd love it if mother Chantal was aiming for Pedro with the taser and hit River instead.  Double love if River pisses his skinny jeans.

Oh come now. You know good and well that if Mama Chantel tazes River, it will be Pedro's fault! "If Pedro hadn't come here with a plan to make me discharge my tazer...." "My friend Obed says that Pedro's mother and sister forced him to push River into the line of tazer fire".

River probably pisses his skinny jeans on the regular. He's such a pissy little twit.

8 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

it appears my "life sucks period" is here for awhile- anyone in the area of Tempe/Ahwatukee (Phx) want to hit bar and watch and post with friends?

This is a spectator sport-would Love another human opinion, my dogs just stare at me, looks like disgust, but it may be "quit it with the TLC and we want a treat."

I'm so sorry for the "life sucks period".  If I was in AZ I would watch with you! Hang in there--you have your PTV peeps in your corner!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Pedro might talk about bringing his family to the US, but I don't know if that would happen very soon.  I'm seem to recall with another 90DF couple that it could take up to ten years to bring over the family of a K-1 visa holder.  As the green card status can become permanent after 10 years perhaps that is the requirement of the sponsor.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Useful 3

This whole show is all fake and we (the handful who actually watched some of the show) are being played. I bet IRL these people are all fast friends. How else would they get everyone to agree to do the show. I think the Family Chantal and Family Pedro conspired to create this phony drama. Fake fight for TV for an hour, then laugh together all the way to the bank to cash the checks.  

If Pedro wanted alone time in the DR, he wouldn't go with TLC cameras in tow.  And he wouldn't twerk with random girls for TV, knowing Chantal would see it eventually.  Ma Chantal wouldn't run around with "Shocky" on camera, not IRL.  It's all fake drama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, winsomeone said:

My in-laws have been in the US for 60 years.  Pedro speaks better English than them.  They don’t care to speak English.  

So, to answer you question, he doesn’t want to speak English better.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get this obsession here with River's hair.  It's twists, black people wear them. 

I didn't think they were twists.  I'm on a cell phone but to me it just looks like his natural hair without any specific styling unless he planned to look that way.  Twists I've seen are generally far tidier than what he has going on. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

You guys, did you see when they stormed the apartment and Mother Chantal was waving around the taser, and Winter took it from her and accidentally shocked herself? I watched that part seven times and I’m still laughing. So for those of you wondering who got tased-it was Winter. 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 12:55 AM, Annymin said:

Dang, I got sucked into hate watching this crap show.  Chantel still shops at Boobs Hanging Out Outlet Mall.  Karen is still under the impression that she is a genius badass, bless her heart.  The family as a whole are fame whores.

Pedro keeps telling them to butt out of their marriage, like that will happen.  Now  Chantel is sticking her nose into Winter’s relationship. Annnnd, the family that twerks together?  Yikes!  

...yeah, Chantel is going to need a lift or reduction...soon.

Chantel’s family is no worse than 'All in the Family’ Pedro and his mad family. His sister is a jealous semi-lunatic and his mother is an angry strange wannabe thug. They interfere just as much as The Family Chantel. However, The Familia de Pedro is nastier, vindictive, and revels in Chantel’s discomfort and misery. Chantel’s family is irritatingly intrusive, and, oftentimes, plain silly but doesn’t display that Pedro Family level of being querulous, peevish, and emotionally barbaric- - they are schadenfreude.

All of the above being said, the show falls within the parameters of TLC’s  recent years’ programming.

Edited by BookElitist
add-on ...
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, BookElitist said:

...yeah, Chantel is going to need a lift or reduction...soon.

Chantel’s family is no worse than 'All in the Family’ Pedro and his mad family. His sister is a jealous semi-lunatic and his mother is an angry strange wannabe thug. They interfere just as much as The Family Chantel. However, The Familia de Pedro is nastier, vindictive, and revels in Chantel’s discomfort and misery. Chantel’s family is irritatingly intrusive, and, oftentimes, plain silly but doesn’t display that Pedro Family level of being querulous, peevish, and emotionally barbaric- - they are schadenfreude.

All of the above being said, the show falls within the parameters of TLC’s  recent years’ programming.

The Family Pedro is nasty yet Family Chantal has Sparky which is remarkable.  The Pedro pack have nothing but Nicole’s braces.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 7/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, magemaud said:

The complete lack of comments about this show should clearly indicate to TLC that we're not interested! I think they're promoting the spin off as a modern day Romeo and Juliet story with star-crossed lovers and warring families, and we all know that that ended badly. 

Come now, we all know Sumit and Jenny are the modern day Romeo and Juliet.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

I watched that part seven times and I’m still laughing. So for those of you wondering who got tased-it was Winter. 😂😂😂 😂

Pretty sure it wasn’t the first time Winter has met shockie.

Of course Pedro's family is moving to America, much lower production costs if they're here in the States. Constantly sending crews back and forth to "The Dominican" would blow the budget. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/23/2019 at 6:12 AM, winsomeone said:

Speaking gets better when you practice and it seems like he is pretty isolated? I was surprised to learn he has been here over 4 years with no drivers license. I have read posts that he works or did work in a warehouse so that might not provide much interaction.  He plays his video games and I have a son that plays those same type games and my son;s group is from all over the world so this activity does not seem to give Pedro much practice. It does not seem like he goes to church (who knows if Chantel does either). So if it is just him and her in that little shoe box apartment , it would be hard to  get speaking practice. 

Of course he could take a class or try and get out more but not having a license (still like to know why) is an issue. Does not look like they live in a walkable area, it seems more like a suburb?

• Love 2
(edited)

Okayyyyy so I had to check it out 🙊

So far it's more stupider and contrived as ever. I love how Chantal asks River of there's any girls in his life and he says "Nope, none of that!" I'm sure there's plenty of boys though. 

Edited by SlutAssBitchAssHor
Typos
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

It does not seem like he goes to church (who knows if Chantel does either). So if it is just him and her in that little shoe box apartment , it would be hard to  get speaking practice. 

Before their US wedding, we met Chantel's pastor (who advised her to come clean with her parents about Pedro being here on a K1 Visa) and her recent "leave and cleave" quote leads me to believe that she at least goes to church. I thought Pedro worked in a warehouse or something, possibly with other Spanish speaking guys and he doesn't get to practice his  English much. When he's home, he seems to be playing video games. I have noticed this season that Chantel isn't speaking Spanish with him as much. I wonder what he studied in college in the DR. 

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Before their US wedding, we met Chantel's pastor (who advised her to come clean with her parents about Pedro being here on a K1 Visa) and her recent "leave and cleave" quote leads me to believe that she at least goes to church. I thought Pedro worked in a warehouse or something, possibly with other Spanish speaking guys and he doesn't get to practice his  English much. When he's home, he seems to be playing video games. I have noticed this season that Chantel isn't speaking Spanish with him as much. I wonder what he studied in college in the DR. 

I didn't watch, but I think when Pedro first came over he wanted to do something with airplane repair or engine repair and planned to pursue that in the states. I seem to remember that. That would make sense b/c Atlanta is a HUGE Delta hub so I would imagine there is opportunity for that line of work.  I don't think he ever did that and followed through possibly because Chantel was still in school and he just needed to work right away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

I didn't watch, but I think when Pedro first came over he wanted to do something with airplane repair or engine repair and planned to pursue that in the states. I seem to remember that.

Yes, you’re right. It’s all coming back to me. Chantel told her parents that was here on a student visa, I think to study airline mechanics, when in truth he was on a K1 visa and had 90 days to get married. 

• Love 2
On 7/24/2019 at 6:06 AM, BookElitist said:

I agree. This show is no better or worse than anything else TLC offers. Trash is trash. I’d much rather watch Father Chantal or Mother Chantal than Father and Mother Duggar with Brother Pedophile. 

• Love 9

The only way to get Pedro's family over quick would be if TLC would sponsor them and get them visa as employees for TLC or production company. Otherwise it would take years and years. Whatshisname from Israel from this show went to lawyers asking about bringing his parents over and was told it would take 10 years and even more to bring his brother. So I can see them getting some temporary work visa only as "actors" or "talent". Could be worth it to the production company if the show will get good ratings and gets renewed. They can get more fights between the families without constantly arranging and paying for travel to Dominican republic. 

• Useful 6
29 minutes ago, ava111 said:

The only way to get Pedro's family over quick would be if TLC would sponsor them and get them visa as employees for TLC or production company. Otherwise it would take years and years. Whatshisname from Israel from this show went to lawyers asking about bringing his parents over and was told it would take 10 years and even more to bring his brother. So I can see them getting some temporary work visa only as "actors" or "talent". Could be worth it to the production company if the show will get good ratings and gets renewed. They can get more fights between the families without constantly arranging and paying for travel to Dominican republic. 

I thought Alexi could bring his parents over soon it was the brother who would be the long wait.

• Love 1

U.S. Citizen's Spouse, Parent, or Unmarried Child Under 21

If you are the immigrating person's “immediate relative,” then visas are immediately available, with no annual limit. Immediate relatives include the spouse (same-sex or opposite-sex), unmarriedchild under 21, or parent of a U.S. citizen.

U.S. Citizen's Sibling, Child Over 21, or Married Child Under 21

If you are the immigrating person's “preference relative,” meaning that you are a U.S. citizen and he or she is your child over 21, married child, or sibling, then visas are limited by year, and long waits always exist in each category.

When you file the I-130, the date USCIS receives it becomes your family member's "priority date." That establishes a place on the waiting list.

Only after your relative's priority date is "current" will he or she be able to submit the green card application. For more on this, see How to Determine Your Priority Date. That can take, on average, from ten to 24 years, depending on category. (Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens wait the longest.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Don’t get me wrong, Matt Sharp, I still wish the spin-off had been a play on Catfish with Mohamed and Azan helping foreign scammers find out if their targets were really as rich as they professed over WhatsApp.

However, it’s been a full five days and I am still giggling at the memory of Karen, Thomas, Shocky, Winter, and River all goading each other into going over to attack Pedro, but the next scene just being Karen, Thomas, Shocky and Winter at Apartment Chantel with no one bothering to explain River’s bitchassness keeping him at home.

1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Don’t get me wrong, Matt Sharp, I still wish the spin-off had been a play on Catfish with Mohamed and Azan helping foreign scammers find out if their targets were really as rich as they professed over WhatsApp.

However, it’s been a full five days and I am still giggling at the memory of Karen, Thomas, Shocky, Winter, and River all goading each other into going over to attack Pedro, but the next scene just being Karen, Thomas, Shocky and Winter at Apartment Chantel with no one bothering to explain River’s bitchassness keeping him at home.

I thought he made some offhand comment about it might be better if he stayed behind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I like this idea, sort of an investigative style format.....like mo and azan are the nev and Max of green card scam targets.  Someone should pitch this show because I'd absolutely watch it. 

In case you're reading this Matt sharp, I will also watch family Chantal if river gets tased.  Just saying...we both know my $20 is worth more than river's dignity if he ever had any to begin with.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

River, vaguely threateningly: “If they put us in a room together again, I don’t know what will happen.”

Judging by the way you’re struggling to dig a simple hole, I would bet that Pedro will whip your ass once again. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 7/23/2019 at 12:55 AM, Annymin said:

Chantelle and her family are far from perfect, but I think pedro samli is far worse. I think they used her for a green card so that he can get them over here. I'm not watching this new show .... What else could they possibly say.

• Love 2
On 7/25/2019 at 9:14 PM, ava111 said:

TLC  Please don't give those horrible people a work Visa.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:36 AM, magemaud said:

Yes, you’re right. It’s all coming back to me. Chantel told her parents that was here on a student visa, I think to study airline mechanics, when in truth he was on a K1 visa and had 90 days to get married. 

He had no other desire than to get over here, marry her, and then bring his family here.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:07 AM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I watched it, and I’m still not convinced it wasn’t a mashup of Chantel/Pedro scenes from previous HEA episodes: Chekhov’s taser, River running his mouth (but mysteriously disappearing when everyone else went to meet Pedro face to face), Mother Chantel’s Spanish that seems like she only studied the language through watching Sesame Street, bitchy FaceTime call between Pedro and Nicole.

However, Chantel falling up the stairs was kind of funny. And it’s a relief to watch 90 Day the Other Way without constant Kate Gosselin promos.

I did not watch. I will not watch. Folding clothes is boring enough, the show would just make it painful!

I do not understand all the hate on Chantelle's family. I think pedro's family is the one that is so horrible.

• Love 2

Chantel's sister is the breakout star here! She's intelligent, fun, and has a level head. She also seems appropriately disgusted with the whole thing. She seems to have nice friends, keeps her cool, and dresses appropriately and attractively. I would like to know more about her! It's always the quiet ones who make stardom.

Why doesn't Pedro evacuate this drama (he may have already; someone here knows how to look up GA public records)? He's got his green card, he is working, he's reasonably stable if not approaching ambitious. I just don't see what's all that bad about Pedro!

At least Chantel seems acquainted with birth control, on the off chance that it's applicable. There's a reason Pedro likes video games...escape from the killer lashes and breasts already descended to Chantel's ankles. Those boobs...YUCK. And in the nude, she's already crisscrossed with gross scars in the bedroom. Soooo sexy.

• Love 1

Shockey, Chantel LIED to her family from the git go.

Now this elevated, spiritual "family" BLAMES, not the LIAR, but the LIARS special friend for all the dysfunction in this spiritual family.

What can we do Shockey?  Can TLC ditch the pastor? I'd rather see you facilitate the family counseling session.

You are the great communicator. When you speak the message is clear.

7 hours ago, BoomerRumor said:

Why doesn't Pedro evacuate this drama (he may have already; someone here knows how to look up GA public records)? He's got his green card, he is working, he's reasonably stable if not approaching ambitious. I just don't see what's all that bad about Pedro!

Because he’s trying to bring his family over. Family reunification takes longer without an American spouse. Especially for siblings. It is also harder to save up the money needed on one income when you have to pay all of your own bills, legal fees and wreck your credit rating because of a divorce.

Pedro can’t evacuate the drama. He causes plenty on his own. Drama-free people don’t spend 3+ years on reality tv. All the 90 Day drama free people get pushed off the show.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Because he’s trying to bring his family over. Family reunification takes longer without an American spouse. Especially for siblings. It is also harder to save up the money needed on one income when you have to pay all of your own bills, legal fees and wreck your credit rating because of a divorce.

Pedro can’t evacuate the drama. He causes plenty on his own. Drama-free people don’t spend 3+ years on reality tv. All the 90 Day drama free people get pushed off the show.

At first I believed Chantel was bad and Pedro was a victim of sorts... but you're right. He is a willing participant in all of this... He could leave if it was so bad but either a) he is just as bad as Chantel or b) this is fraud and the entire storyline has been constructed to get people talking. 

I'm bored though. They argue about the same thing over and over again without figuring things out. And now Pedro has no leg to stand on saying their marriage would be better if they lived away from her family if he is looking to bring his family (who don't like Chantel) over to the States. 

Although a small part of my heart is hoping TLC is going to sponsor Family Pedro so they can come over sooner and cause more chaos on our TVs.... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Recap

Tried live posting this, but it was too lonely.

Begins with Previouslies including, or course, the celebrated Dinner Duel (and not for the last time this episode). Apparently, this is a contractual obligation. Then we have Thomas and River awkwardly bonding over the installation of a (poorly located, IMO) koi pond. Against his better judgment, River agrees to attend the family counselling session with Pedro. I'm not familiar with family counselling, but I would have thought it would be tailored for immediate family and their issues,  not family vs son-in-law. Whatever.

Tension mounts, as it appears that River may not honor his word and stays home instead. He does show up and off we go.

The counsellor opens by telling everyone to take off their shoes, then has some of them switch seats. "Now, we're all equal", he announces. River thinks the shoe removal aspect is odd.

In order to speak, one must request to hold a green wiffle ball. Awkward silence, as no one wants to be the first to talk. Finally, Chantell bravely volunteers and wastes no time in attacking Pedro. TFC breath a collective sigh of relief, as they realize it is now open season on Pedro. 

Mama Chantell says she approves of the marriage, but says it was entered into fraudulently. No one points out that the only fraud was Chantell not telling her family that she was engaged to Pedro when he first met them.

The Dinner with Schmucks is rehashed. Pedro confirms what others have suggested, that River called him a n******, setting off the fisticuffs. In River's defense (I phrase I never thought I would write), he may have meant it in a friendly way, as in "Yo, my n****!" Nah.

Pedro defends himself as best he can, describing, for example, how TFC refused to get out of the van to meet his family in the DR. Nobody has a response to this. He then horrifies TFC by announcing that he wants to bring his mother and sister to the US, mainly to have some allies. TFC cannot understand why anyone would want their family that close to them and involved in their personal life.

Before the counselling, Pedro met with a lawyer who advised that it would cost about $10.5K and a lot of time to bring his family here. In an unpleasant phone call, Mama Pedro manages to come off worse than Mama Chantell by insisting that Pedro is not doing enough to get her and sis to the US. After the phone call, Mama and sis bond over the prospect of Pedro getting a divorce.

Throughout the episode, hints are dropped about the mysterious nature of Jah, Winter's bf. He even drops one. Sure enough, the coming attractions show TFC going back to the private investigator, this time about Jah. The trailer hints that something shocking is found, like maybe he murdered his prior gf. Since TLC trailers always lie, it's probably something on the order of a misdemeanor charge for possession of marijuana. Tune in next week to find out. Or not.

Suggested drinking game: Have a drink every time someone uses a form of the word "respect". Recommended only if you hate your liver.

Edited by Gobi
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10