Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Were we told what sister Pedro’s degree is in and where it is from?  Depending on the answers she may not be any better off than a cell phone salesman.  Lydia is supposedly a lawyer but constantly begged Pedro for money and gifts in the past so maybe a degree doesn’t add much in earnings potential in the DR. 

• Love 9

There is so much to say about this weird family/show, that there is no where to start.

Pinky and the mom need to go. They are arrogant, physically look weird, think they are smart, very rude and condescending, and just an insult to the intelligence of anyone with a drivers license. The show is like a 50 car pileup-hard to focus on one thing. 

This Royal guy must need the money because he appears totally over his freak show family. I can imagine being gone for years and then trying to assimilate back into the cult. The look on his face entering his birthday party was awesome. Simutaneously shock and having an out of body.  I say give the guy more alcohol ala Real Housewives. I enjoyed him sauntering over to the Last Happy Hour, beer in hand, calmly telling Pinky and her mom, Mr. Ed, to take a hike. Instead of Mr. Ed saying "Wilburrrrr", she says I need another drink. Right there with ya Ed!

Another favorite was the group therapy scene after Anjenette's revelations in front of her friends and Family Weirdos. Siblings hover around ready-to-blow Royal, then they all march out smothering and shouting at the guy. Pinky bossing everyone around and then Linebacker Winter makes a grab for Royal and he shoves her away. WTH. Really Winter, you thought you had a shot wrangling him? 

Until my reality improves, I continue to be fascinated by the egos that sell their souls harvesting the American Dollar by going on any reality show.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

This Family Chantel are the stupidest, most ridiculous family ever!!  I think TLC has decided that we all want to watch a bunch of dumbasses, go to a foreign country, show their asses OVER AND OVER, speak like MORONS, LOOK as much like a bunch of dodobirds, as POSSIBLE.

WIN.  These people actually get $$$ from TLC to do this and I WATCH IT! It's amazing to me that they get this exposure, on national television!!  I know I'm watching it mainly because I'm trying to gather myself for another day of PPE, N-95's, gowns, gloves, booties and a bunch of sick people.  I need something to laugh about! Seriously. But THIS BUNCH OF BULLSHIT AIN'T IT!

Stick a fork in me, I am done. Seriously. DONE. No Karen, you can kiss MY butt.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 8

Me, trying in vain to follow this show when I haven’t intently watched every episode from the beginning of the season.  Every one of these people are just horrible, with Karen at the very top of the Horrible Heap.  My family has its issues, just like every other family, but there is no amount of compensation that could convince us to put ourselves on display like this.  It’s just unconscionable and I truly don’t understand it.  In fact, I’m relieved that I don’t. 

FC9AAC0B-E29B-477C-9753-B0B70E970D80.jpeg

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I know I'm watching it mainly because I'm trying to gather myself for another day of PPE, N-95's, gowns, gloves, booties and a bunch of sick people.  I need something to laugh about! Seriously. But THIS BUNCH OF BULLSHIT AIN'T IT!

Feelin' your pain GG! If I spent my days like you do, I most likely could not watch these fools. I've been layed off since Feb and have the peace and quiet of sending out resumes nobody responds to, hoping the assholes in power increase my $240/week unemployment.

But you, spending all day with sick people who do not want to be sick, and then these idiots choosing to parade their mental sickness to the public for a little money and perceived fame, would be too much.

They are by far the worst group of morons I have seen on tv, . . . ever. This includes, Danielle, Baby Lisa, Angela, Brittney and Nicole. After watching, I feel the need to take a shower to get the moron off me.

If anything interesting happens like Pedro dumping the boob Chantal for the warehouse owners daughter, we'll let you know.

• Love 6

This family makes the Love After Lockup people seem sane. Atrocious behavior. Can't get over how weird they all look, visually. If they were animated, I'd go with the early 90's Ren and Stimpy. In fact, they'd probably make a better animated series for MTV or VH1.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I taped the last 5 shows because I thought I was going to quit watching, but just in case, wanted to have the option. What a massive waste of time! I FF through most of them because too much stupid makes me ill, and there's so much of it with these people. Loved, loved having Royal kick them out, loved that Karen & Chantal were so very over-dressed and the guy at the party said they were wearing Prom gowns! They are all way worse than stupid and are very ugly people from America the way they think they are better than everyone around them, accusing the family of harvesting American dollars on one hand then saying they feel like AJ is like one of their kids on the other hand! I just can't stand any of them except for Pedro. Those 2 broads really think they are something special, but there ugliness shines through all of that plastic surgery. If you don't like the food that another country has to eat, then stay home and eat American food and stop being so bloody critical! Is it just me or do Chantal's boobs get more blown up with every episode? Does Pedro carry a bicycle pump around in his back pocket for her boobs? Ugh, why do I bother watching this mess??

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I cannot believe I’m watching this mess. There is little I can add that hasn’t been said.  What I’ve noticed is that both Nicole and her mother appear well educated b@sed on the use of the Spanish language.  Nicole’s bf, not so much. 

• Love 6

Anyone remember, was Chantal this obnoxious in the beginning of this shitshow?

I've never seen anything like the ballooning smug and rude arrogance of this stoopid girl.

That mother was always awful, but she seems to really believe she is funny, when in fact she appears demented.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think Sea-Air, Karen AND Winter totally got tooled at the mall when inquiring about what was appropriate attire for a Filipino wedding!!!!

They looked COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY OUTLANDISH!  

And it made me howl with laughter! YAY!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

When I saw Mama Karen coming down the stairs in that green and gold atrocity, all I could think of was Carol Burnett’s curtain dress in “Went With the Wind”  

DE494390-9DD5-4767-B6D9-6EBEDC64BF34.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, itsadryheat said:

Anyone remember, was Chantal this obnoxious in the beginning of this shitshow?

I've never seen anything like the ballooning smug and rude arrogance of this stoopid girl.

That mother was always awful, but she seems to really believe she is funny, when in fact she appears demented.

Haven't finished watching last night's show and hadn't seen the "Family Chantel" shows.  HOW does this dreck stay on the air?  I do believe it's scripted--by Mother Chantel, hair model/fashionista. Who else would come up with such irritating storylines and ridiculous dialogue...not to mention creating scenes where the focus is on HER?  As usual, these TLC "stars" go to another country and ridicule the food, sanitation, customary fashion, and even "traditional" wedding events--not to mention starting trouble/continuing gossip at the first event.  I'm stunned that I watched...and embarrassed that I will finish this episode.  Love the slow speaking modulation of Mother/Daughter Chantel (not). Is that supposed to be sophisticated?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Haven't finished watching last night's show and hadn't seen the "Family Chantel" shows.  HOW does this dreck stay on the air?  I do believe it's scripted--by Mother Chantel, hair model/fashionista. Who else would come up with such irritating storylines and ridiculous dialogue...not to mention creating scenes where the focus is on HER?  As usual, these TLC "stars" go to another country and ridicule the food, sanitation, customary fashion, and even "traditional" wedding events--not to mention starting trouble/continuing gossip at the first event.  I'm stunned that I watched...and embarrassed that I will finish this episode.  Love the slow speaking modulation of Mother/Daughter Chantel (not). Is that supposed to be sophisticated?

I was writing very similar sentiments.  I don't pay attention to this show when I watch it, but after every episode, I ask myself why Karen would parade her horrible, ignorant family in front of the cameras every week.  They become more stupider (her word) and rude each week.

Angenette and Royal had been married for a while before they had their wedding ceremony in the Philippines.  Yet, the family acted like Angenette just appeared on the scene, fresh from her Facebook trolling marathons for a desperate American.  The series ends with her declaring that she will remain distant, but cordial, with her husband's family, especially Chantal, whom she doesn't trust.  Chantel may be so dumb that she hadn't figured that out already, but Angenette is just as dumb and catty.  And she cries that she is the victim all the time.  

River has just become more of a openly angry incel.  Yet, he always interjects himself in discussions about his siblings' relationships.  And the father is completely whipped, but acts like he's the elder statesman of the ideal American family.  Many of Karen's statements were truly passive-aggressive, including her the traditional garb ("Angenette wouldn't tell us.") and the comparison of Royal and Angenette's marriage to Pedro and Chantal's.  They're so horrible that they had to invite themselves to Royal's wedding, when they don't approve of the bride.

Finally, I don't understand why Karen tries to portray her family as the Rockefellers.  On a recent episode, they said that Chantal would be the first to graduate from college.  River's not making it as a 23-year rap star; Pedro works in a warehouse.  Their house isn't a mansion or even a McMansion.  Yet, I don't put it past Karen to be searching for a foreign bride for River - just to try for another season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

On a recent episode, they said that Chantal would be the first to graduate from college

Whenever that happens since she didn’t graduate this year. I was gleeful to see that smug bitch get rejected. I don’t remember her being so awful their first season, but at that point all the focus was on her and Pedro and their relationship problems.  The rest of her family was just minor characters. Now they’ve all gotten starring roles in their own series and harvesting US Dollars! 

Yes, I think Karen considers herself sophisticated, insightful and witty but she is none of these. She always sounds like she’s talking to preschoolers and when I see her I can’t help but think of Mrs. Potato Head. I just wish her wedding ensembles included a tiny hat. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 12/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, itsadryheat said:

Chantel's brain is obviously on slo-mo, but her face is fascinating.  Nothing moves but her mouth.  False eyelashes highlight DEAD EYES!  They both think they're so brilliant, so sophisticated...yet  if we rub their IQ's together I doubt if we can get a spark above 100.   Cancel this slop for an uplifting look into child molesters or human traffickers.  Anything would be better.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Yet, I don't put it past Karen to be searching for a foreign bride for River - just to try for another season.

Oh, and Miss Karen...fashion arbiter for all continents.  Helpful information for River's wedding that you'll be comanding so you all can have TLC income for another season:

.          This is a garter belt:  image.png.418607db88157958bdba1e7e9dc144b8.png

THIS is a GARTER...the type generally worn by a bride on her wedding day: image.png.cb55f333f16ff381cf80a695cdefd228.png

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

This is a garter belt:  

I was picturing the groom tossing an entire garter belt over his shoulder to the bachelors at Family Chantal wedding receptions then the catcher having to put it on the woman who caught the bouquet 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 6
27 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I was picturing the groom tossing an entire garter belt over his shoulder to the bachelors at Family Chantal wedding receptions then the catcher having to put it on the woman who caught the bouquet 

So, no one is going to talk about Pedro’s garter belt?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Gobi said:

So, no one is going to talk about Pedro’s garter belt?

Hey, Pedro...before making a snarky comment I decided to learn what YOUR garter belts are called...but instead found something MUCH BETTER for you: Tucked Trunks.    TuckedTrunks.jpg.9a4a5099f80e2e7f25d4c5fd99b8c41b.jpg

Edited by Back Atcha
fixed picture insert
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/14/2020 at 9:46 PM, goofygirl said:

I think Sea-Air, Karen AND Winter totally got tooled at the mall when inquiring about what was appropriate attire for a Filipino wedding!!!!

They looked COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY OUTLANDISH!  

And it made me howl with laughter! YAY!

The salespeople must have been rolling in the aisles after they left! They pulled off a haul and put those arrogant idiots in their place all at the same time.

• Love 5
On 12/7/2020 at 9:35 PM, goofygirl said:

This Family Chantel are the stupidest, most ridiculous family ever!!  I think TLC has decided that we all want to watch a bunch of dumbasses, go to a foreign country, show their asses OVER AND OVER, speak like MORONS, LOOK as much like a bunch of dodobirds, as POSSIBLE.

WIN.  These people actually get $$$ from TLC to do this and I WATCH IT! It's amazing to me that they get this exposure, on national television!!  I know I'm watching it mainly because I'm trying to gather myself for another day of PPE, N-95's, gowns, gloves, booties and a bunch of sick people.  I need something to laugh about! Seriously. But THIS BUNCH OF BULLSHIT AIN'T IT!

Stick a fork in me, I am done. Seriously. DONE. No Karen, you can kiss MY butt.

Well, I don't know if they're the most ridiculous. Were you lucky enough to watch Family Libby in Moldova? LOL They do have some competition out there.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I admit I have lockdown/covid/media dementia, but I am kind of liking the Lidia/Nicole storyline. The Carnival scene was interesting, Nicole seemed genuinely thrilled in the promise ring scene, Lidia was believable dealing with her 20 something kid and the boyfriend. Are they better "actors" than Daffy Duck, her daughter and family  (bottom of barrel). Royal appears sane in comparison to the rest of his blood. By appearing on this dumb show, guess he is selling out for the money as he seems embarrassed by them. I'm bummed because I am unable to find words to comment on the three cartoonish Little Bo Peep's lumbering down the stairs and trying to get into the family van. Most outlandish/cartoonish scene in reality show history, imo. Best comment: Royal asking "who told you that" when Queen Daffy reported the Bo Peep gowns were traditional. If it included Melissa McCarthy it would have been funny-this was just jaw dropping.

Best part of this show is that they finally stopped torturing Pedro.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I loved the way Karen tried to make it sound like it was Angenette's responsibility to tell the ladies Chantel what to wear to the wedding, and because she hadn't, left them with no other choice than to ask some strangers at the mall.

I can think of multiple alternatives:

1. Ask Angenette

2. Ask Angenette's mother

3. Ask Royal to ask Angenette or Angenette's mother

Any one of those would have yielded better results than the avenue they chose.

OTOH, because they didn't think to ask any of the people who would have known better, all three of them (Karen, Chantal, and Winter) looked like fools, while Angenette and her bridesmaids looked lovely and quite classy.

Karma!

• Love 5
On 11/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Did Chantel say she would be the first member of her family to earn a degree?  It sounds like Royal has a medical job that might have required one.  

I think he said surgical technologist, which to my knowledge requires a degree or certification but maybe not a full bachelor’s.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Did this show just stop? Last I remember was Cinderella's evil stepmother and two stepsisters waddling out of the wedding.

This season is finished.

• LOL 1
On 1/5/2021 at 12:13 PM, DiamondGirl said:

I think he said surgical technologist, which to my knowledge requires a degree or certification but maybe not a full bachelor’s.

It required 3 years of schooling you get a certification, not a degree. You can make a lot of money especially if your first assistant surgeon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/18/2021 at 9:13 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I can't stand the promos, let alone the show.

If anyone is (still) watching this show, I really need to know if the exchange between the  younger son and the mom is as it shows on the promo:
Mom: "Is there someone special in your life?"
Son: "That's none of your business"

I've bristled at that exchange every time I forget to FF through the promos. If my son responded to that question from me in that way, I'd invite him to leave my house. No further discussion, just "Get out. Now." So, I hope that there is more to the conversation, where the Mom gets nosier or more invasive, or pushier. Because that's the only way I can conceive of such a disrespectful answer being justified. Then again, as dysfunctional as families can be, we don't rise to the level of "selling our soul for 15 minutes of fake fame."

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

So, I hope that there is more to the conversation, where the Mom gets nosier or more invasive, or pushier.

I've seen the show only a handful of times.  I think that by now--considering the age of the "children," there's probably no other way to deal with this "Mom."  She doesn't get nuance.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

've bristled at that exchange every time I forget to FF through the promos. If my son responded to that question from me in that way, I'd invite him to leave my house. No further discussion, just "Get out. Now."

29 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I've seen the show only a handful of times.  I think that by now--considering the age of the "children," there's probably no other way to deal with this "Mom."  She doesn't get nuance.

I 100% agree that is a rude response, and I can't stand River and his awful hair, but I do get the feeling that Mom is like my MIL when my hubby was younger.  A yes to that question would have meant machine gun fire questions that would Not. Stop. Ever.   And start the next day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The only thing I find remotely interesting about this show is Pedro's backstory and him finding his father. And don't even try to make me care about River and whatever unfortunate person who would consider dating him.

• Love 6

I do not like this group at all. Very annoying… Swore that I wouldn’t watch, but I accidentally caught a scene about Winter’s weight loss surgery consult with Dr. Proctor.  I m interested in her story.  

When was this stuff filmed? The parts that I saw didn’t have a mask in sight, except for the dentist.  🤨

• Love 2

So, I figured it out. The marathon today was filmed just as covid hit in China.  They were at Royal’s wedding in The Philippines.  That season will wrap up and the new season will premiere tonight at 8.  I’m not sure if I’m curious enough about Winter’s weight loss surgery to tune in or not.  Based on the parts I saw today……omg, I detest the entire cast, except for Winter and AnnGenete.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I figured it out. The marathon today was filmed just as covid hit in China.  They were at Royal’s wedding in The Philippines.  That season will wrap up and the new season will premiere tonight at 8.  I’m not sure if I’m curious enough about Winter’s weight loss surgery to tune in or not.  Based on the parts I saw today……omg, I detest the entire cast, except for Winter and AnnGenete.  

One season was enough for me. Angenette seemed to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, TeapotWakeen said:

If anyone is (still) watching this show, I really need to know if the exchange between the  younger son and the mom is as it shows on the promo:
Mom: "Is there someone special in your life?"
Son: "That's none of your business"

I've bristled at that exchange every time I forget to FF through the promos. If my son responded to that question from me in that way, I'd invite him to leave my house. No further discussion, just "Get out. Now." So, I hope that there is more to the conversation, where the Mom gets nosier or more invasive, or pushier. Because that's the only way I can conceive of such a disrespectful answer being justified. Then again, as dysfunctional as families can be, we don't rise to the level of "selling our soul for 15 minutes of fake fame."

Considering how invasive and nosy and trouble-making the mom and Chantel are, I don't blame River for wanting to keep it private. 
And even without those qualities, kids are allowed some privacy. He's grown, not a child.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I swore I would not watch this (just like I swore I'd never watch Darcey & Stacey), and I should have kept my word.  I happened upon the marathon and am currently under doctor's care.  But I want to know something:  Are braces the new swooping false eyelashes?  or are swooping eyelashes the new braces?  And where can I get me some?  My son wore braces (not for cosmetic reasons--poor child took after his father's side orthodontically) and it seems to me he didn't wear them for more than a year.  Am I still hallucinating?  I kind of see the appeal:  when women are very thin, their teeth do take over their faces, so maybe having braces is like wearing veritical stripes, but good god the nuisance and discomfort!  Easier, I would think, to lose some weight and achieve the same effect.

And why doesn't Whitney get herself some braces?

Will Pedro's sister wear hers forever?

• Love 1
On 10/25/2020 at 8:57 PM, MrBuhBye said:

She seems like an airhead.  I am glad she is interested in plastic surgery rather than say the ER.

Just home after spending (5) days in hospital.  One of the medical aides said they lost all their "good" nurses and, "We're left with these bossy new ones."  It was five days of maltreatment.  Happier to be suffering at home.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:45 AM, magemaud said:

maybe with the exception of Anjenette.

And she, because she's quiet and polite, receives the most Karen-ing from Karen.  It's painful to watch.  

• Love 2