Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

A place to discuss all episodes of this series, which will all probably be exactly the same. 

Premiering July 2019.

p16793734_b_v5_aa.jpg

*Chantel, you're on the wrong side booboo. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

From IMDB, bolding mine. What are these TLC executives smoking?:

Following their appearance on “90 Day Finacé: [sic, ha ha] Happily Ever After?” fan-favorite couple Pedro and Chantel are getting their own reality show, “The Family Chantel,” beginning in July.

“This is an awesome moment for TLC, as we create a family show based on one of our most popular 90 Day couples, and on a whole new night,” said Howard Lee, president and general manager of TLC. “Our fans can’t get enough of Pedro, Chantel and their larger-than-life families. For a brand known as The destination for love, relationships and family shows, ‘The Family Chantel’ hits the bullseye.”

Is there any way to stop this? "S'Mothered" and "Kate Plus Date" are already being shoved down our throats. 

• Love 4

Is it possible that the HEA? couples were told at the beginning of the season that whoever created the most drama would get a spin off? 

I can only think of one person who will be watching this-Dean! 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I just saw the sneak peek preview of The Family Chantel. Oh joy - both families confronting each other,  Pedro asking a lawyer to help get his mother to USA, Chantel confronting the girl who danced  with Pedro, threats of violence between both moms, Chantel’s sisters’ love life, and her boobs looking even more bigger??! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

After the " dance " Pedro's ass would be gone if he was my husband. That smug mb faced sister would have her way vutmlife would be looking up for Chantel if she finally  moved on. She can do better. Who wants to be married to a man who is sending his money mlm out of the country while your struggling ? Let Pedro's ignorant mother set him up,with another " dumb American "

• Love 3

I love you guys. Lord knows I do. There is no greater weekly joy than the live snark you serve up every Sunday. But I will marry Coltee AND Jay before I'll watch that horror fest The Family Chantel.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

I don't know who thought this was a good idea. No one likes these people. No one is rooting for Chantel and Pedro. No one will be watching. I hate watch 90 days as it is and I'm down to Pillow Talk for the highlights. No way I'll be watching a whole show about this dysfunctional mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 7/1/2019 at 3:40 AM, talktoomuch said:

I love you guys. Lord knows I do. There is no greater weekly joy than the live snark you serve up every Sunday. But I will marry Coltee AND Jay before I'll watch that horror fest The Family Chantel.

I'll take Jay, a silly teenager would be easier to handle by far than the weird, Colt-and-Debbie situation in Vegas. Because I will NOT be watching Chantal and Pedro either.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

The complete lack of comments about this show should clearly indicate to TLC that we're not interested! I think they're promoting the spin off as a modern day Romeo and Juliet story with star-crossed lovers and warring families, and we all know that that ended badly. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Honestly, of all the recent 90 Day story lines, Chantel and Pay-droh is my least fave. I don't know what it is, but when she starts talking, I need to change the channel immediately.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

The show premieres Monday night. I hope there’s a live chat so I can snark without watching. 

Not fair. If you do the crime, you should do the time!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Did anyone watch this?  Did anyone get tased?  

I can't watch for a variety of reasons.  But the sheer audacity of trying to make winter "happen" when I barely care about pedro and Chantal is just another reason .

But if someone gets tased I need to know!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am not watching this show.  It's on too late for me, but I wouldn't watch it on demand either.  

The premise of this show stinks:  Two families that can't stand each other, what a great idea for a show.  I don't think so.  It's not like there aren't black centered reality shows, there are plenty on VH1, OWN, even on BRAVO.  I mean who are The Family Chantel anyway?  I wouldn't watch a show about the z list relatives of TLC reality "stars" so why should I watch this show?

As far as people here not commenting, one thing I had to accept a long time ago, I don't think I, and maybe most of us here, are the target audience for many of these shows.  Many shows that have no activity here, are huge hits.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
(edited)

What a ridiculous premise for a TV show.  No one will come out of this looking good.  When I married an idiot whom my family couldn’t stand, they kept it to their damn selves and let me lie in the bed I’d made for myself.  They didn’t come storming into my house, waving tasers and making oh-so-vague threats.  Their insinuations that Pedro is some sort of wife-beater is beyond unfair and wrong.  He may not be the husband of the year, but I don’t think Chantal is in any “danger” with him.  Mother Chantal has no clue how bad this makes her look or she simply doesn’t care.  TLC is just trolling us at this point.

(Oh, and River?  You are such a punk.  Be quiet, already.)

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Did anyone watch this?  Did anyone get tased?  

I can't watch for a variety of reasons.  But the sheer audacity of trying to make winter "happen" when I barely care about pedro and Chantal is just another reason .

But if someone gets tased I need to know!

I tried to watch but couldn't make it to the first commercial.   Pedro is getting so fat I hardly recognized him. The marriage, such that it is, is doomed. Get a divorce already. 

What the he'll happened to Pillow Talk? I think TLC replaced Pillow Talk with the Chantal Family carp fest.  Bad move TLC. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I tried to watch but couldn't make it to the first commercial.   Pedro is getting so fat I hardly recognized him. The marriage, such that it is, is doomed. Get a divorce already. 

What the he'll happened to Pillow Talk? I think TLC replaced Pillow Talk with the Chantal Family carp fest.  Bad move TLC. 

Pedro is into weightlifting and at different times during filming through the years he has been really big. But, I think he is just bulking before slimming down again and building muscle. A personal trainer at my gym goes through similar bulking/cutting cycles.  

• Love 4

Going through a life sucks period, so I have it on in the background.

It's bad, they are bad.

Half listening and I looked up and all I saw was a big screen full of that dimwit Sea Air's boobs. Will watch again (unless my life sucks ends) and note highlights. So far, the family storms the apartment to confront chubby Pedro, dopey family goes to church, newlyweds decide to go to church counseling, picture of Winter as a kid in a cheer outfit, girls go to twerkin' class to help Winter's self esteem, now they are talking about her boyfriend of 5 years, Jah, who has a kid, and nobody knows anything about him other than the kid.

(understand if you talk about me behind my back,lol)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Kareem said:

It’s bad.  No surprise there but Pedro has a secret and his sister just asked if he told them yet.  

Thought it would be that they're lovers; instead, it's that Pedro's Mother and sister are moving to the US.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Pedro is into weightlifting and at different times during filming through the years he has been really big. But, I think he is just bulking before slimming down again and building muscle. A personal trainer at my gym goes through similar bulking/cutting cycles.  

Maybe so, but it looks like Pedro has a gamer's (video, that is) body.

• Love 5
(edited)

Pedro doesn't seem too overweight to me, but River has gotten big. 

The show is awful. They are awful actors and Momma Chantel is r*******. Y'all need to see the awkward hug she gives Chantel.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Thought it would be that they're lovers; instead, it's that Pedro's Mother and sister are moving to the US.

I was hoping for something bigger, like admitting he was in on a marriage scam with Crazy Mother, Esq. and her ish stirring offspring.    

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Going through a life sucks period, so I have it on in the background.

It's bad, they are bad.

Half listening and I looked up and all I saw was a big screen full of that dimwit Sea Air's boobs. Will watch again (unless my life sucks ends) and note highlights. So far, the family storms the apartment to confront chubby Pedro, dopey family goes to church, newlyweds decide to go to church counseling, picture of Winter as a kid in a cheer outfit, girls go to twerkin' class to help Winter's self esteem, now they are talking about her boyfriend of 5 years, Jah, who has a kid, and nobody knows anything about him other than the kid.

(understand if you talk about me behind my back,lol)

Well, I get it.  They don't want to show the tasing right away....build up to it.

I wonder if they are going to get into rivers dating life.  I'd feel kinda bad snarking on winter because life has fucked her over enough....but river is snarkable all day.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Well, I get it.  They don't want to show the tasing right away....build up to it.

I wonder if they are going to get into rivers dating life.  I'd feel kinda bad snarking on winter because life has fucked her over enough....but river is snarkable all day.

Did we guilt you into watching? Misery loves company, welcome!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

it appears my "life sucks period" is here for awhile- anyone in the area of Tempe/Ahwatukee (Phx) want to hit bar and watch and post with friends?

This is a spectator sport-would Love another human opinion, my dogs just stare at me, looks like disgust, but it may be "quit it with the TLC and we want a treat."

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Well, Karen is full of crazy quotes, so there's that. Tonight, she confronts Pedro with Obed's accusation and asks Pedro if he and his family used that scheme on Chantel so they could get involved in the "American economy." Apparently, she has decided that International Harvester is not involved. Then she lectures him, saying basically that her daughter is not chattel and not for sale. She opines that people are not currency. In her TH she gives us gold, saying, "I believe his family believes our family is a business like fruit of the womb." BWAHAHA!

Chantel almost rose to the occasion and pretended she had no intention of telling her family about Obed and the lap-dancing would be homewrecker, but of course she did. Then she pretends to be surprised that they all rise up en masse to confront Pedro. She lets them berate him a bit, then actually tells them to leave. A bit of progress.

Unfortunately, Pedro ups the double standard of thinking he should have no contact with her family, while expecting Chantel to kiss his family's rear. Not only does he want to bring his family over, he tells his sister everything that's going on, and then it's revealed in the preview that he not only wants to bring his family here, he expects at least one of them to move in with them!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2