Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Does anyone else think maybe Karen wasn't telling the truth and Royal didn't apologize?

I can see see saying anything to get her to leave you alone. Like, Sure mom, you’re always right. Just get off my property, leave me alone. Sorry you can’t see things clearly. …….and mom interprets that as an apology with a request for space.  🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Slow Saturday night and I found myself watching the wedding in the Philippines episode of this shit show. Every time I see Winter dressed in that ridiculous blue monstrosity, all I can think of is a parade float. And Karen's dress looks like Carol Burnett in the famous "Gone With the Wind" parody. Too bad she didn't have a tiny hat! It was even funnier to see how everyone else was dressed so casually. 

oh my, is that MY "popular post" from over two years ago swearing I would never watch? I'm also a top poster on this forum. Busted!

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 10
On 10/12/2021 at 9:27 AM, Mothra said:

I swore I would not watch this (just like I swore I'd never watch Darcey & Stacey), and I should have kept my word.  I happened upon the marathon and am currently under doctor's care.  But I want to know something:  Are braces the new swooping false eyelashes?  or are swooping eyelashes the new braces?  And where can I get me some?  My son wore braces (not for cosmetic reasons--poor child took after his father's side orthodontically) and it seems to me he didn't wear them for more than a year.  Am I still hallucinating?  I kind of see the appeal:  when women are very thin, their teeth do take over their faces, so maybe having braces is like wearing veritical stripes, but good god the nuisance and discomfort!  Easier, I would think, to lose some weight and achieve the same effect.

And why doesn't Whitney get herself some braces?

Will Pedro's sister wear hers forever?

I don't think anyone wears braces for fashion reasons.. I think they are only worn because they are straightening teeth.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Social media hints otherwise.

That is crazy!

Most of the fans seemed to agree with her comment. One fan wrote, "She's right though!!" Another 90 Day Fiancé fan said, "I had my braces for a year and eight months ahaa." The Florida native previously suggested that her braces make her look younger, and it helps her attract older men, ranging from 45 to 85 years. (Nov 29, 2020: ScreenRant?)

Call me crazy but I’m enjoying the family Chantal!

You start to get tired of one wacky do and here comes another one!

Rivers girlfriend looks strange to me!  Plastic surgery?  Older than River?  Foreign?  I guess we’ll find out next week when we meet her!

Pedro, silly boy, thinks Chantal is going to pave the American streets with gold for him!  Uaaa no Pedro nobody’s paving streets on a nursing salary!  Nurses and teachers both deserve huge pay raises but until that happens Pedro is going to have to contribute!

• Love 4
On 10/19/2021 at 3:10 PM, Back Atcha said:

I don't do SM but I watch a lot of Reality TV, and I can tell you that many young women whose teeth looked great in previous seasons are now sporting braces..  I do believe it's a Thing, right after spider eyelashes.

• Love 3
On 10/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, Mothra said:

I don't do SM but I watch a lot of Reality TV, and I can tell you that many young women whose teeth looked great in previous seasons are now sporting braces..  I do believe it's a Thing, right after spider eyelashes.

Wouldn’t their boyfriends find that intimidating for um certain acts?

• LOL 2
59 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  But shame on you, anyway.

What are fake braces? Fake braces are trending among teens in some countries where orthodontic treatment is associated with a high-dollar lifestyle. And as bizarre as it may sound, for some, getting fake braces is just as cool as getting a funky haircut or a tattoo.

In the majority of cases, these misguided teens are following a social media trend and are seldom aware of how unhealthy this can be.

If you’re a concerned parent or a curious teenager who wants to know more about this trend, read on. In this article, we will dive deeper into artificial braces and the negative effects of wearing them. We will also answer the following questions:

...<snip>

Are fake braces dangerous?

<snip>

Fake braces that look real are hazardous. The cons completely outweigh the temporary joy of following a social media trend. The problem with artificial braces lies in the materials they are composed of. Often toxic, they can even cost you your life if you aren’t careful. 

Modern problems like the artificial braces trend can only be tackled with awareness and education. For this, health authorities, parents, and guardians will have to be watchful. It's critical to make younger generations understand that no trend is worth risking their health or their lives.

https://www.dentaly.org/us/adult-braces/fake-braces/

Apparently there's no danger of whatever it is you're talking about.

Edited by Mothra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

What are fake braces? Fake braces are trending among teens in some countries where orthodontic treatment is associated with a high-dollar lifestyle. And as bizarre as it may sound, for some, getting fake braces is just as cool as getting a funky haircut or a tattoo.

In the majority of cases, these misguided teens are following a social media trend and are seldom aware of how unhealthy this can be.

If you’re a concerned parent or a curious teenager who wants to know more about this trend, read on. In this article, we will dive deeper into artificial braces and the negative effects of wearing them. We will also answer the following questions:

...<snip>

Are fake braces dangerous?

<snip>

Fake braces that look real are hazardous. The cons completely outweigh the temporary joy of following a social media trend. The problem with artificial braces lies in the materials they are composed of. Often toxic, they can even cost you your life if you aren’t careful. 

Modern problems like the artificial braces trend can only be tackled with awareness and education. For this, health authorities, parents, and guardians will have to be watchful. It's critical to make younger generations understand that no trend is worth risking their health or their lives.

https://www.dentaly.org/us/adult-braces/fake-braces/

Apparently there's no danger of whatever it is you're talking about.

From somebody who had the real deal back in the mid 70's, the metal railroad tracks (as we called them) were painful, getting them tightened and adding tiny thick rubberbands to some of the sides depending on where issues were, so not only painful but expensive, I was one of three and we all had them!  I wanted the Teen Tour of Europe but got braces instead, the cost the same, $1350.00 in 1972 prices.  I confess to doing this to my kids too, dental health is important!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

From somebody who had the real deal back in the mid 70's, the metal railroad tracks (as we called them) were painful, getting them tightened and adding tiny thick rubberbands to some of the sides depending on where issues were, so not only painful but expensive,

Before one of my boys could have braces, he had to have two molars pulled and then...and then a "palate expander," torture him daily for a few months.  It had a little key.  He opened his mouth and I turned the key--whatever appropriate direction I had.  He wore braces for the following two years.  He has a space between his two front teeth today; he's 55.

22 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

From somebody who had the real deal back in the mid 70's, the metal railroad tracks (as we called them) were painful, getting them tightened and adding tiny thick rubberbands to some of the sides depending on where issues were, so not only painful but expensive, I was one of three and we all had them!  I wanted the Teen Tour of Europe but got braces instead, the cost the same, $1350.00 in 1972 prices.  I confess to doing this to my kids too, dental health is important!

My son's dental health was not at risk, but he had a big gap between his top two teeth, and he was braced (successfully) to correct that basically cosmetic defect.

I've mentioned before that so great was my desire for braces--I didn't need them, and even if I had, my family couldn't have afforded them--that I made fake ones by wrapping the silver foil from chewing gum wrappers around rubber bands which I then stretched across my upper teeth, anchoring the rubber band around my molars.  I did this only while visiting my grandparents because the kids at home knew I didn't have braces.

The fake ones worked fine.  I felt glamorous and rich.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Mothra said:

I've mentioned before that so great was my desire for braces--I didn't need them, and even if I had, my family couldn't have afforded them--that I made fake ones

I was a housing project kid...didn't even see a DENTIST let alone an orthodontist.  In high school (after school), I'd put rubber bands around my front two teeth, hoping to close the gap.  I worked!  For the coupld of hours the bands were on.  Then I'd take them off--instant pain, and the GAP was there...always there...the next morning!  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

One word: scrape.

Paint?  Knees?

In all seriousness--and I am very serious, Mr. Buhbye, men assume a lot about what women find pleasurable, and are apparently unaware of the lengths some women will go to avoid acts she may not enjoy performing--without hurting her partner's feelings (or anything else).

• Love 1
On 10/22/2021 at 8:58 AM, Mothra said:
On 10/19/2021 at 12:10 PM, Back Atcha said:

I don't do SM but I watch a lot of Reality TV

I assumed THIS FORUM was one tiny spoke in Social Media.  It's not?    

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mothra said:

Paint?  Knees?

In all seriousness--and I am very serious,

Ahhh....thank you.  You clarified this earlier post:

On 10/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, Mothra said:
On 10/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, MrBuhBye said:

I'm watching episodes out of order, maybe, but my heart shrank two sizes when I saw Mother Chantel in a hat that was the right size.  I cheered up when she assured me that she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to do re:  food. 

Sea Breeze's loyalties, as usual, seem divided. 

Father Chantel, as usual, has abandoned his testicles at the door.

Winter and River, as usual, are looking for a fight.

Stasis.

• Love 3

When did Chantel, otherwise known as Pinky Winky, start pronouncing each word like Mother Chantel?

That’s a new wrinkle. 

River’s little friend is cuter in person than her pictures. She’s maybe 5 years older than him if reality tv is to be believed!

River is sooo uncomfortable on their date. Is this his first girlfriend?

She has a little boy so if they do get serious we’ll have the drama of the baby daddy!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

When did Chantel, otherwise known as Pinky Winky, start pronouncing each word like Mother Chantel?

When they are seated it seems like they are (poorly) reading cue cards.  Maybe they get too nervous talking extemporaneously.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

When they are seated it seems like they are (poorly) reading cue cards.  Maybe they get too nervous talking extemporaneously.

Maybe they need glasses. Just saying. Lol

Vanity thy name is woman!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JLaw said:

Chantel definitely got all the good looks in that family

I'm surprised to say this, but I think Winter's face is actually prettier. Chantal may have a banging body, but she's wrecked her face with fillers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I was thinking of this series when I was trying to fall asleep last night. The whole premise is based on parents and siblings who don't like their child's or sibs' choice of significant others and their families (and the ensuing shenanigans which sometimes result in fisticuffs). The first seasons were based on Karen and Thomas not liking Pedro, his mother, or his sister. Lidia didn't like anyone in Chantal's family. After those scenarios played out, now we get to see how Lidia and Pedro don't like Alejandro and Chantal's family doesn't like Annjeannette, Jah, or I'm guessing we will soon learn they don't approve of the newcomer, Megan. Lather, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat. 

Are these family feuds supposed to be compelling television? 

• Love 8

The weird thing is when the family thinks that someone isn’t good enough for their kids.  Like they are such overachievers.  Sea Breeze took ten years to get a bachelor’s degree online.  I have never heard that Winter or River work.  The parents run a cheerleading school but think Pedro working in a warehouse lacks status smh.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 5
On 10/30/2021 at 11:25 AM, magemaud said:

I was thinking of this series when I was trying to fall asleep last night. The whole premise is based on parents and siblings who don't like their child's or sibs' choice of significant others and their families (and the ensuing shenanigans which sometimes result in fisticuffs). The first seasons were based on Karen and Thomas not liking Pedro, his mother, or his sister. Lidia didn't like anyone in Chantal's family. After those scenarios played out, now we get to see how Lidia and Pedro don't like Alejandro and Chantal's family doesn't like Annjeannette, Jah, or I'm guessing we will soon learn they don't approve of the newcomer, Megan. Lather, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat. 

Are these family feuds supposed to be compelling television? 

You, me and others regularly post on a message board about this show... I think you have your answer 

• LOL 2

Like River's new girlfriend Megan, who claims she a model, is so attracted to River that they haven't even had a peck on the cheek yet.  Is she attracted to the reality TV exposure she's getting or even interested in a kid 5 years younger than herself?  Sure they were introduced by mutual friends -- more like the producers dug her up from somewhere.

What kind of pansy ass fighting was Pedro and Alejandro doing?

• LOL 2

Winter's trying to shove Jah down her family's throat and then he disrespects them all with his bottom feeder bullshit.  He's just a liar and a jerk.  Winter wants to hold on to him because he pays attention to her and she must have issues to be so overweight.  Alejandro is another jerk but Nicole is such a witch.

• Love 4
On 10/11/2021 at 8:41 PM, JeanJean said:

Considering how invasive and nosy and trouble-making the mom and Chantel are, I don't blame River for wanting to keep it private. 
And even without those qualities, kids are allowed some privacy. He's grown, not a child.

Details? Private. Existence of? Basic respect and courtesy. Oh, whatthehellamIsaying -- this family knows nothing of respect and courtesy!!!!!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t think Karen knows the definition of the term “usury.” She cracks me up, trying to act so edumacated. 

I caught that too, BUT then I looked up "usery." It may be a fairly recent adaptation (I think it came up in urbandictionary.com) but it does mean "using someone" as opposed to the otherwise spelled "usury" with a very different meaning. 

Edited by JeanJean
  • Useful 4
12 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I caught that too, BUT then I looked up "usery." It may be a fairly recent adaptation (I think it came up in urbandictionary.com) but it does mean "using someone" as opposed to the otherwise spelled "usury" with a very different meaning. 

I guess she has retired harvesting the American dollar.

• LOL 5

Pedro and Chantal seem to like and support each other these days. 

Winter wants to be loved.    Jah just isn’t her Prince Charming. He lies and he pretends to be something he isn’t. She could do better but her weight holds her back. I hope she stays on point and continues losing. I think she will be lovely. 

Doesn’t anybody work on these reality shows?

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Leave it to Karen to be up on all the latest ghetto slang, she's so bougie

• LOL 3
On 6/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, WonderWuman73 said:

I just saw the sneak peek preview of The Family Chantel. Oh joy - both families confronting each other,  Pedro asking a lawyer to help get his mother to USA, Chantel confronting the girl who danced  with Pedro, threats of violence between both moms, Chantel’s sisters’ love life, and her boobs looking even more bigger??! 

Chantel's sister...... looked like a fancy Winter blue toilet roll cover as they all swanned down the staircase as though they were the dogs dangly bits. 🤢

So is Chantel having breast enlargements ?                                                          Just doesn't look natural to be so skinny with such massive boobs !

If anybody needs some work done it has to be Winter......    she is literally getting bigger before our very eyes.                                                 And some of her clothes are hardly flattering for someone that huge.

Edited by KatLady
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, KatLady said:

So is Chantel having breast enlargements ?                                                          Just doesn't look natural to be so skinny with such massive boobs !

If anybody needs some work done it has to be Winter......    she is literally getting bigger before our very eyes.                                                 And some of her clothes are hardly flattering for someone that huge.

Chantel and Pedro are claiming that her burgeoning breasts are all natural, but I have my doubts.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, KatLady said:

If anybody needs some work done it has to be Winter......    she is literally getting bigger before our very eyes

Can't bear to watch the show, so all my information is gained here.  I thought WINTER had weight-loss surgery.  No?

On 11/3/2021 at 9:10 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Doesn’t anybody work on these reality shows?

Why should they?  They probably had minimum wage jobs before TLC swooped in with "star salaries."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I thought WINTER had weight-loss surgery.  No?

I don't think she's had it yet, but apparently has lost about 50 pounds. Maybe Dr. Proctor required her to lose weight before the WLS as he does for other people and her "journey" will be featured on the next season. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2