Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Chantal seems broken and Pedro seems totally withdrawn. As Chantal said, when she did the things that he wanted, he still complained. So it wasn't about that. Why didn't he come home from work earlier and help clean. He is checked out.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Chantal seems broken and Pedro seems totally withdrawn. As Chantal said, when she did the things that he wanted, he still complained. So it wasn't about that. Why didn't he come home from work earlier and help clean. He is checked out.

Yes and for many reasons that are not shown on the show. 

• Love 2

I missed the latest, and was just assuming that it was totally staged or scripted as far as them having issues. Reading the commentary here, I am wondering if maybe I was just dismissing it too readily.

I did see a little piece where he was talking about working long hours and not wanting to go home to her. I really thought that was staged.. Maybe I should try to watch the full episode and I might learn something. If they really filed divorce papers (and not just suggest or report ) then it looks about as real as can be.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Such as?

Such as whatever caused them to file divorce papers!  Don't remember reasoning for that big bombshell.  Actually it kind of caught me by surprise.

I think a lot of things go on behind the scenes we have no idea about.

I guess I should have added MOO!  My Own Opinion!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Pedro’s gaslighting and finding all sorts of cockamamie ways to blame Chantel to cover his transgressions is stunning.  Have always liked him and felt bad for him with Family Chantel AND Family Pedro, but that is over.  
His eyes were wildly looking to the left  and right when she point blank asked him if he was cheating in her.  Mr. Eme noted that Pedro’s lower jaw went slack as he struggled to find non-incriminating words to say.....

Wherever Pedro is now, it is ALL because of Chantel and her family.  Without her, he’d still be in the DR, and without him, she’d still be a nurse.  
Chantel needs to find a professional basketball or football player and never look back. 

Curious if the Pre-nuptial agreement sheltered her money from him? 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I’ve never thought Chantal was a beauty, Not crazy about her face or body but she could have done so much better than Pedro

His slack jaw and banjo eyes make him look like a moron, then he opens his mouth and removes all doubt….  add his psycho family to the equation and BLECH!!!!!….. I’d RUN not walk to the nearest exit!! 

I don’t understand what Chantal sees in him or why she wastes her time and energy trying to make it work… cut him free and don’t look back!

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 7/14/2022 at 6:36 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I’ve never thought Chantal was a beauty, Not crazy about her face or body but she could have done so much better than Pedro

His slack jaw and banjo eyes make him look like a moron, then he opens his mouth and removes all doubt….  add his psycho family to the equation and BLECH!!!!!….. I’d RUN not walk to the nearest exit!! 

I don’t understand what Chantal sees in him or why she wastes her time and energy trying to make it work… cut him free and don’t look back!

I think looking for his father & then his father ignoring him has changed Pedro forever, he is not the same person he was at the start while Chantel is hoping the original Pedro will return. He is going to need some serious counseling to get past this as his whole world was turned upside down by that, even my cold hard heart shed a tear for him last season, he looked devastated by the response he got (or not). His mother and sister don't help the situation either taking out their hatred of his father on Chantel for making him happy.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9

I believe Pedro when he said that He Is to Blame For Everything.  Yes, he is!  
The look of disgust in his eyes when she showed up at his post-work happy hour really made me feel terrible for Chantel— didn’t he tell her where it was?  He certainly didn’t welcome her or assuage her fears about him cutting her out of his life. He’s a complete jerk.

I can only imagine how her parents and siblings will feel when they see the footage of Chantel trying to keep it together and not including them so they won’t  hate him.  He’s now hateable.  

After the photos surfaced of him and Nicole with his half brothers years ago, all the sympathy I had for him “recently getting dissed by his biological father” went out the window.  He’s known for a long time....and that’s why his Mother was so rude about him digging and digging for the father.  They all know the deal, and have known for years. That’s why Nicole didn’t want to go “meet the brothers” when Pedro dramatically  did. Ho hum.  

From the limited info we have seen, it appears that Pedro lucked into a high-end real estate job and the winnings have gone to his head.  Money brings out the Real Person and Pedro has shown us all how emotionally bankrupt he is.  I hope Chantel gets over him quickly because he is not worth her tears. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Who is doing makeup on this show!  Chantel looks like a clown.  I can't believe she appeared on the show looking like a fool!

I read somewhere on this forum that she is the only TLC "reality star" to have a makeup artist in her contract! They should be fired immediately. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Eme said:

Money brings out the Real Person and Pedro has shown us all how emotionally bankrupt he is.  I hope Chantel gets over him quickly because he is not worth her tears. 

Are both names on their mortgage?  

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m curious. When they were getting married there was a lot of talk about Chantel getting Pedro to sign a prenup. Did he ever sign and what the heck did she have to protect??

That is just baked into every TLC storyline.  Memphis wanted one and she had nothing to take.

• Love 3

I now loathe Pedro with the heat of a Thousand Suns.  His sarcastic comments “taking blame” for the bad marriage is annoying.  He’s clearly not looking at all he’s done to contribute to the breakdown.  

1-His Family-especially Mother and Nicole - Have always been insecure about Chantel and have been nothing but rude to her.  Even when she was bankrolling the funds he sent them.  (Money that should have been for their home was headed out the DR). 

2) Her family, once they decided he was okay, have been nothing but nice to him.  Apparently more than he deserved, because he’s an ingrate.  

3) He’s completely to blame for  Chantel’s meltdown at the Bar. He gave her the Cold Shoulder, looked at her with hate, and he’s the one who started spitting out personal facts. 

I’m so done with his gaslighting. He’s  the worst. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I had to laugh when Father Thomas was worried about Winter online dating because she might meet "some sheep in wolves clothing." That sounded like something Karen would say in all seriousness. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 7/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, Back Atcha said:

Are both names on their mortgage?  

According to the county records, she is the Sole owner of the house and it was closed in January 2021.   

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3

In light of everything that we know now, I hope the show gets cancelled so that Family Pedro can’t cash in on being on tv anymore. Including Pedro. 

Regarding Pedro and his new real estate career, I’ve always heard that it’s not easy to pass the realtor license exam.  Does he have a license or does he just do work for the place he works at? And I’m betting that the majority of his income is from the show.  Supposedly people make a decent per-episode fee after the first two seasons of a reality show.  I’d love to see that dry up for him.  

Ack.  I just can’t stand Pedro and his family at this point.  If for some reason this show continues, I will not be watching if they're on it.  I have no problem quitting shows when I have an issue with the content or characters/people.  

• Love 9

If they do divorce how will the show handle that?  Can the show go on with the two leads divorced?

I do think Pedro is selling it seems to be a Hispanic agency.  So language would be no problem. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I have no problem quitting shows when I have an issue with the content or characters/people.

It was VERY easy for me to quit ... and I get as much info as I need here--in a more enjoyable format.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

It was VERY easy for me to quit ... and I get as much info as I need here--in a more enjoyable format.

I do the same thing with other shows (Little People Big World and Big Fat Unfabulous Life, for example).  I’ll probably be joining you in only reading about this show, here.  

• Hugs 1
  • Wink 2
(edited)

Wow, this episode was depressing.  Chantal is delusional to think she is going to win over Pedro’s mom.  They need to go to an actual marriage counselor versus talking to their friends.

Show, stop trying to make me feel sorry for Nichole.  I did feel sad she had to go through that alone though.  

(update: actually should have said ‘chose to go through that alone’.  She could have shared it with someone but didn’t want her poor decisions exposed.)

Edited by Real4real
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Real4real said:

Wow, this episode was depressing.  Chantal is delusional to think she is going to win over Pedro’s mom.  They need to go to an actual marriage counselor versus talking to their friends.

Show, stop trying to make me feel sorry for Nichole.  I did feel sad she had to go through that alone though.  

(update: actually should have said ‘chose to go through that alone’.  She could have shared it with someone but didn’t want her poor decisions exposed.)

I didn’t watch…what happened to her? Oh nevermind I just read what happened. I still think she needs to break off her relationship.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, Real4real said:

If they weren’t using birth control I have little empathy for her.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/28/2022 at 11:27 AM, MrBuhBye said:

If they weren’t using birth control I have little empathy for her.  

The guy is still married and obviously sleeping with other women. Nicole is being a fool. I had friend who were young and foolish and messed around with married men who were «  getting divorced » spoilers….the divorce never happened.

i think Pedro holds a lot of resentment over what happened in the early year of the marriage. The tell all was a mess, Chantel and her family piled on Pedro. It was really difficult to watch. Now it seems like he wants to punish her. Nothing really salvageable there.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The guy is still married and obviously sleeping with other women. Nicole is being a fool. I had friend who were young and foolish and messed around with married men who were «  getting divorced » spoilers….the divorce never happened.

i think Pedro holds a lot of resentment over what happened in the early year of the marriage. The tell all was a mess, Chantel and her family piled on Pedro. It was really difficult to watch. Now it seems like he wants to punish her. Nothing really salvageable there.

And remember most of the family trouble was because she lied to her family and told them he was here on a student visa.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 7/26/2022 at 12:27 PM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Regarding Pedro and his new real estate career, I’ve always heard that it’s not easy to pass the realtor license exam.  Does he have a license or does he just do work for the place he works at?

Is it even a legit place? The office seemed small and nobody was very dressed up. The  'boss' and another worker wore t-shirts with logos. Im wondering if its all staged with random production people posing as staff. After all  what reputable real estate agency would want to be shown in the middle of goofy reality show drama ?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't find Alejandro sexually appealing or attractive. At all. Add the "perfume" that he marinates in and he's repulsive. Nicole has a college degree, looks Iike she does clerical work, lives at home, has no prospects, romantic or othetwise. Maybe that's why she is so jealous of Chantal. And forget about Lidia, "the Lawyer."  

Pedro was not so supportive of Chantal. He mocked her when she didn't get her degree right away. And she was working and sending money to his family.  Let's see how far he gets when he brings his mother and sister over. Lidia will take him for every cent he makes. She is a parasite. A mean one.

• Applause 4
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, MadMiniaturist said:

Is Lidia always high? Especially in her talking heads, she looks high as a kite!

I thought she really looked like Nicole in her talking heads last night.  Speaking of which, Nicole sure snapped out of her depression when she saw an opportunity to gloat over Chantel. These people are vile.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 8/1/2022 at 8:01 AM, MrBuhBye said:
On 7/31/2022 at 6:35 AM, Morgalisa said:

And forget about Lidia, "the Lawyer."  

Maybe she is a paralegal and they are using puffery.

I can't vouch for the university mentioned, but here it is:  Lidia is a divorce attorney, and got her Juris Doctor degree at the Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago. Dec 14, 2021

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I can't vouch for the university mentioned, but here it is:  Lidia is a divorce attorney, and got her Juris Doctor degree at the Universidad Tecnologica de Santiago. Dec 14, 2021

Not sure where that is from but I have been looking and that university doesn’t appear to have a law school.  Their medical school is so poor that some states will not allow its graduates to practice here.

• Useful 1
35 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not sure where that is from but I have been looking and that university doesn’t appear to have a law school.  Their medical school is so poor that some states will not allow its graduates to practice here.

It shows they teach in these areas.  Maybe she's legal secretary but thinks no one would check her credentials.

• Architecture and Engineering
  • Health Sciences
  • Economics and Social Sciences
  • Secretarial Sciences
  • Sciences and Humanities
  • Graduate School

One of my son's best friends went to a short course (six weeks) to become an EMT for an ambulance company.  His mother continued to say he was going to nursing school.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

It shows they teach in these areas.  Maybe she's legal secretary but thinks no one would check her credentials.

• Architecture and Engineering
  • Health Sciences
  • Economics and Social Sciences
  • Secretarial Sciences
  • Sciences and Humanities
  • Graduate School

One of my son's best friends went to a short course (six weeks) to become an EMT for an ambulance company.  His mother continued to say he was going to nursing school.

It’s all confusing.  It appears you may practice law there with just a bachelor’s as well.  You would think if she were a lawyer she wouldn’t have had to beg them to bring her a tv.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, MrBuhBye said:

You would think if she were a lawyer she wouldn’t have had to beg them to bring her a tv.

She's just a grifter.  She got Pedro to bring her all kinds of gifts when he and Chantel visited.  Of course, HE wasn't working then, so Chantel paid for everything.  She probably didn't NEED a TV, she just kept asking-getting-asking-getting.

• Love 6