Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Chantel never would have been on the show at all if she was not dating Pedro.

And he worked in a warehouse for five years supporting her so she could “concentrate” on her studies.  Yet she still failed the nursing exam the first time.  Maybe less time spent on hair and makeup would have helped.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Neither would Pedro have been, I don't get what your point is.

Or are you talking about her taking all the money from the account in which case I agree. Thinking this was someone else pushing her to do that (parents).

Yep, my point is it goes both ways. Neither would have been able to ride the TLC Gravy train if they had never met and gotten married.  Same goes for both their succubus family members. The money was theirs…not hers.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/17/2022 at 4:44 AM, Morgalisa said:

Pedro didn't try to save this marriage at all. What a douche he turned out to be.

I feel like there's some clips that are missing on the show. Maybe he's being resentful for the past and he's not making an effort now because he did it before? I'm not on Pedro's side but I feel bad for him. He has two vindictive family members in DR and I hope he's not projecting on Chantel!

On 7/9/2022 at 3:17 PM, Morgalisa said:

Chantal seems broken and Pedro seems totally withdrawn. As Chantal said, when she did the things that he wanted, he still complained. So it wasn't about that. Why didn't he come home from work earlier and help clean. He is checked out.

I know right! She's so broken!  think he's expecting her to do everything he did back when she was studying. I mean, I don't agree with that. She was studying so fair enough he picks up the slack. Now things should be 50/50 not Chantel waiting hand and foot on him - which is what Pedro expects I think. Marriage isn't about owing each other i.e. I did this for you so do this for me, etc. It's about supportive each other as much as you can. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, 90dayjunkie said:

I feel like there's some clips that are missing on the show. Maybe he's being resentful for the past and he's not making an effort now because he did it before? I'm not on Pedro's side but I feel bad for him. He has two vindictive family members in DR and I hope he's not projecting on Chantel!

I know right! She's so broken!  think he's expecting her to do everything he did back when she was studying. I mean, I don't agree with that. She was studying so fair enough he picks up the slack. Now things should be 50/50 not Chantel waiting hand and foot on him - which is what Pedro expects I think. Marriage isn't about owing each other i.e. I did this for you so do this for me, etc. It's about supportive each other as much as you can. 

Who knows what’s true.  He claims he still does all the housework.  She works three 12-hour days then apparently recuperates for the next four.  If the job is that taxing maybe she should look for one with more normal hours.  Nurses are in demand.  If he is working long hours in real estate and doing all the housework I can understand the resentment.  Maybe they should hire cleaners if they can afford it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:
7 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Chantel never would have been on the show at all if she was not dating Pedro.

Neither would Pedro have been, I don't get what your point is.

Chantel and TLC would have found another "Pedro."  The topic of those episodes was an American trying to find love in another country.  Family Chantel was thirsty for fame.  None of it matters anyway.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

If the job is that taxing maybe she should look for one with more normal hours.  Nurses are in demand.

They're "in demand" because the hours are so demanding!  Nurses in the US are looking for other types of jobs--that won't stress them to death.  Chantel would be leaving the frying pan for, the, you know....    Nurses no longer have "more normal hours" compared to most professions.

If he is working long hours in real estate and doing all the housework

I don't watch the show, but from comments here and elsewhere, it seems that Pedro might be "spending" long hours ... but is he working ... and is "in real estate" a euphemism for an attractive coworker?

Maybe they should hire cleaners if they can afford it.

I doubt if a "cleaner" would satisfy Pedro. He appears to want a mommy to take care of his every wish...in his timeframe.  Was he the spoiled Favorite Golden Boy in the DR? Again, I don't watch the show, so I'm just spouting off.

• Love 6

Maybe Pedro can borrow money from Nicole or Lidia?    Guess even he has to realize that when he took the $5,000 from their joint bank account without telling her, that she could do the same.  Karma is real.

• Applause 4
  • Love 1

Watching the new episode right now….. Pedro is a little bitch. He’s a freaking cry baby, “She done me wrong” asshole. I seriously hate to curse, but I’m glad that I can vent here. 

And then being subjected to his bitch sister?! I mute the tv when she’s on the screen. 

Hahaha… now he’s cleaning out the house of anything that he can get his grubby hands on. Oh you stupid little man, you’re not looking at the big picture of the last 6+ years, a lot of which has been filmed and shown on tv.  You think you’re so smart, so wise, Mr. GQ now…

Just wait. 😎🍿😂

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Eme said:

Maybe Pedro can borrow money from Nicole or Lidia?    Guess even he has to realize that when he took the $5,000 from their joint bank account without telling her, that she could do the same.  Karma is real.

Good one!   And there's all that earned money that didn't benefit Chantel at all...because it was either send (as month) to Lidia ... or in sent gifts to Lidia ... or in gifts that were flown when Pedro visited Lidia--and probably had to pay extra baggage costs.

• Love 5

Apologies in advance for what I'm sure is a stupid question, but what's up with this "business account" they keep referring to? I thought she's a nurse, and he works in real estate? What would they have a business account for? TLC cash?

• Applause 1

Interesting that Pedro thinks we haven’t been listening to what comes out of his mouth as well as seeing his actions in the last few episodes.  Apparently, his gaslighting of Chantel is supposed to transfer to everyone else.  In his talking heads, he lashed out and blamed Chantel for everything, then later, when trying to evoke sympathy, he says he tried to do everything  to save the relationship. Nope. His actions showed the exact opposite. 
Chasing Chantel around was not a good look.  Literally stealing gifts he’d given her was not a good look.  Taking her shoes was not a good look. I think the Producers hate him and  just let him do whatever he wanted to capture on film.  
Why was he so defensive when accused of being a scammer? If he wasn’t, he would have brushed it off .  He protests too much. 

Respect for Chantel’s Family for keeping their cool, calling him out and supporting her.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

I saw the current show and the way Karen & Thomas were talking, I get the impression it was one or BOTH of them who told Chantel to take ALL their money.

Know what pisses me off???  THAT POOR LITTLE CAT!!!  

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Eme said:

Literally stealing gifts he’d given her was not a good look.  Taking her shoes was not a good look.

I've said too often that I don't watch the show, but count on what I read here.  NOW I'll try to put this out of my mind...I have no clue what it is (don't bother explaining).

1 hour ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Hahaha… now he’s cleaning out the house of anything that he can get his grubby hands on. Oh you stupid little man, you’re not looking at the big picture of the last 6+ years, a lot of which has been filmed and shown on tv.  You think you’re so smart, so wise, Mr. GQ now…

EVIDENCE for Divorce Court !!!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, WerWerWer said:

Apologies in advance for what I'm sure is a stupid question, but what's up with this "business account" they keep referring to? I thought she's a nurse, and he works in real estate? What would they have a business account for? TLC cash?

TLC cash as you say as well as (and I'm guessing here) appearance money, cameo money and any other venture they may have going?

• Love 3

As we all know, this relationship was doomed from the start. 

I'm trying to make sense of the mutual complaints they both seem to have about each other because its hard to know who is telling more of the actual truth. Also because I am trying to determine if any of Pedro's complaints have merit - do we believe that Chantel has wanted to hold him back from becoming financially successful (and thus, not as dependent on her)?

Pedro says that Chantel doesn't want him to be successful, doesn't do chores on her days off, goes on trips and pays for her friends to go on trips, sleeps all day and doesn't want to be active.    (If she travels all the time, that seems to contradict the sleeping all day.)

Chantel says that Pedro gave up on the relationship, they haven't had sex in a year, he doesn't care about her feelings, he goes out at night and stays out all night. 

Is that about right?

What do you think the actual root issues are here?

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I'm trying to make sense of the mutual complaints they both seem to have about each other because its hard to know who is telling more of the actual truth. Also because I am trying to determine if any of Pedro's complaints have merit - do we believe that Chantel has wanted to hold him back from becoming financially successful (and thus, not as dependent on her)?

Pedro says that Chantel doesn't want him to be successful, doesn't do chores on her days off, goes on trips and pays for her friends to go on trips, sleeps all day and doesn't want to be active.    (If she travels all the time, that seems to contradict the sleeping all day.)

Chantel says that Pedro gave up on the relationship, they haven't had sex in a year, he doesn't care about her feelings, he goes out at night and stays out all night. 

Is that about right?

Not sure how she's stopping him from being successful, he doesn't come home from work until she's in bed & leaves before she's awake, how is that stopping him? You could tell from the start that she was in love with him (still is) and all of this seems to have started after the trip when he was looking for his father who didn't want to know him & wouldn't even answer the phone to him to tell him to leave him the fuck alone. This is what I think is the root issue and he needs some sort of counselling to get over the rejection.

At the moment I am 100% team Chantel and I never thought I would say that but she seems to have done everything possible to save her marriage whereas he seemed to have just given up on it & wasn't even interested in staying married. 

There was one girl in his office who the cameras kept showing glimpses of & I was wondering then if maybe they knew something was going on between him & her but couldn't say anything outright.

You can tell on her talking head segments that she is still in love with him, you just need to look at her eyes, and her lashing out now is just her way of protecting her heart from the hurt & as a shield.

Pedro is a c*** who has very deep issues of rejection and his mother & sister are no help as they don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

All just my opinion obviously.

• Applause 4
  • Love 6

I don’t get why you would buy an expensive house with someone you haven’t had sex with in a year.

Regarding the woman at the office.  Anything is possible but she has a man and a baby and is less attractive than Chantel so I think it’s just production stirring the pot.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t get why you would buy an expensive house with someone you haven’t had sex with in a year.

To get and help "a certain someone" in the office to split a commission?  Perhaps he wasn't thinking with his head...and Chantel didn't have all the information.

4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Regarding the woman at the office.  Anything is possible but she has a man and a baby and is less attractive than Chantel

By now, Pedro thinks Chantel looks like Quasimodo (the 1939 movie version) and the woman in the office is extremadamente hermosa.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Is that about right?

I think they outgrew each other.  The flame has died.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2022 at 4:39 PM, Back Atcha said:

Nurses no longer have "more normal hours" compared to most professions.

Hadn’t we seen her at one time considering working for a plastic surgeon in a fancy same day surgical center? I would think the hours there would be much less taxing and the job would probably come with great benefits. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Hadn’t we seen her at one time considering working for a plastic surgeon in a fancy same day surgical center? I would think the hours there would be much less taxing and the job would probably come with great benefits. 

She said that she doesn’t watch the show anymore so may have missed that.

On 8/31/2022 at 3:15 AM, magemaud said:

I read that was last season and she went there for an interview for her "dream job." The surgeon thought she'd be a perfect asset to the practice, but then Chantel didn't graduate/pass her exams on schedule. 

Personally, it seemed to me to be more of a publicity stunt for the surgeon's practice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Nursing is a damn hard job. Most institutions want you to work 12 hour shifts handling more patients than you can properly take care of. Then factor in other assorted duties that wasn't in the job scope 20 or 20 years ago.  The exam is difficult.  Many hire tutors for extra help. Sure they're in demand and the burnout is high. Oh don't forget Covid rearing it's head.  Been there, done that. I fought with family members who erroneously thought it was like nursing back in the 70s and 80s.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 8/30/2022 at 10:14 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I think they outgrew each other.  The flame has died.

Pedro and his mother didn't realize it would take SO LONG for him to get his Green Card.  Lidia convinced him that it would be one year...and "fine." He should be a good boy and just bide bide his time (and definitely send her gifts and money).  Those flames can't last forever if they're not tended.

• Love 4

Does anyone know if there are actual court documents available online? Usually the press would have copies by now. And I know that they asked the courts to seal the records, but there’s got to be something that was filed before that. The fact that they asked for their records to be sealed is making really curious. It’s not as if they’re huge celebrities. 

Every news outlet is printing the same things, which basically are recaps of each episode. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

If Chantel took all the money out of the account then how the hell did Pedro get gas following Chantel all day and all night?

And..."IF" Chantel took out all the money, it was only after a surprise withdrawal of $5,000 by Guess Who?   Well, Guess Whom...gramatically.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

So yelling at her, berating her and continuing to gaslight her, followed by begging her to give him money? Bad Form Pedro.  He taught her one thing - “Get the money and don’t explain yourself.”  Well done! 

Heard a rumor that, allegedly, Drake had sent her a message.  Good for them!  

• Applause 2

I find it hilarious that NOW Pedro wants to talk now that the money is gone.  All that talk about the jewelry and expensive bags being missing? He knows because he was looking for it. I guess he thought he would continue to ignore Chantel while making one withdrawal after another. He's giving me super petty vibes. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

Interesting. Georgia is not a community property state; it's an equitable distribution state.

According to Kupferman & Golden Family Law:

"Some of the factors used by courts to determine how community assets will be divided include the following:

Income and future earning capacity

Future needs

Misconduct that resulted in the loss of shared assets

Outstanding debts

The behavior of both parties during the divorce

Georgia courts emphasize fairness when dividing shared assets. They have full discretion in the decisions they make related to your marital property."

I don't think Chanel withdrawing all the money from their shared bank account, nor changing the locks on the home they likewise shared is going to serve her well in court.

If she wants to keep the house, most likely she'll have to buy out Pedro's half. Can she afford that? 

Chantel said she took the money because she was afraid Pedro would. Why didn't she just take half? Does she really think she's entitled to all of it? Perhaps if Pedro has never worked, and she'd supported him throughout the marriage - but that's not what happened.

Chantel and her family are all under the same delusion that Chantel will get everything because Pedro has been "scamming" her from day one.

Methinks a judge will see things quite a bit differently. 

Don't tell TLC, but I would pay to see Karen embarrass herself when she blows a gasket in divorce court when the judge decides Pedro and Chantel's marital assets are to be divided equitably. I'm pretty sure the judge won't be amused by her antics, but I certainly would be! 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Interesting. Georgia is not a community property state; it's an equitable distribution state.

According to Kupferman & Golden Family Law:

"Some of the factors used by courts to determine how community assets will be divided include the following:

Income and future earning capacity

Future needs

Misconduct that resulted in the loss of shared assets

Outstanding debts

The behavior of both parties during the divorce

Georgia courts emphasize fairness when dividing shared assets. They have full discretion in the decisions they make related to your marital property."

I don't think Chanel withdrawing all the money from their shared bank account, nor changing the locks on the home they likewise shared is going to serve her well in court.

If she wants to keep the house, most likely she'll have to buy out Pedro's half. Can she afford that? 

Chantel said she took the money because she was afraid Pedro would. Why didn't she just take half? Does she really think she's entitled to all of it? Perhaps if Pedro has never worked, and she'd supported him throughout the marriage - but that's not what happened.

Chantel and her family are all under the same delusion that Chantel will get everything because Pedro has been "scamming" her from day one.

Methinks a judge will see things quite a bit differently. 

Don't tell TLC, but I would pay to see Karen embarrass herself when she blows a gasket in divorce court when the judge decides Pedro and Chantel's marital assets are to be divided equitably. I'm pretty sure the judge won't be amused by her antics, but I certainly would be! 

I don't think she's entitled to all of it either. I think they are both being short sighted and Chantel is in 'survival mode'. She technically shouldn't have changed the locks but he did move out and if her safety could be at stake I can't say I blame her. I think it's hard to think about what looks good in court in this phase, also Pedro is being extremely extra imo.  

Edited by SlutAssBitchAssHor
Typos
  • Love 2

I am still not understanding how they had $250,000 (or there abouts) in the bank.  With the way they spend money...how???  Is it all on credit cards that they make minimum payments on?  The trips...the clothes...the jewelry...the purses...and more and more.  Crazy!

• Useful 2

Chantel’s mom was right when she said Chantel wasn’t angry but Pedro was. Chantel was rocked by the separation and divorce because she actually wanted to work on the marriage and address their problems. Once she gets over it, she’ll move on and will be able to grow and thrive. 

Pedro is an angry, vindictive manchild and he will be that way for the rest of his life. The reason he bailed on that marriage is because he didn’t know how to be married and form a partnership. He wanted someone to put up with his BS and not call him out. The audacity of him going to the house and acting all surprised that she didn’t want to talk and that her family was there - he really wanted to try and throw one last dagger at Chantel.

My word of advice to Chantel: he’s a narc and be happy you didn’t procreate with him. Good riddance.

If they have another season, I really hope they get rid of his sister and mother. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

They probably don’t have much equity as they have been there less than a year.  So basically his half of the down payment.  I wonder if she can afford the mortgage on her own.  

• Useful 2

The most telling detail is that Pedro would not go to counseling.   We all know marital therapy is not a magical panacea, but he can't claim he did everything to make it work after refusing counseling.  

These two were doomed from the jump.  Amazing they lasted this long.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

They probably don’t have much equity as they have been there less than a year.  So basically his half of the down payment.  I wonder if she can afford the mortgage on her own.  

Get something all her own--to fit her own style...something without the stench of his memory.  Prices skyrocketed so fast everywhere, she can probably make some money...but then can she afford ANYTHING?

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

Pedro is an angry, vindictive manchild and he will be that way for the rest of his life.

You are correct, Sharper2002.  He's a duplicate (triplicate?) of his mother and his sister.  He just kept everything hidden as long as he could because he was a "reality star."

• Mean
  • Users
  • Vindictive
  • Dishonest aka Liars
  • Manipulators
Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Loved Karen when she took the wind out of Pedro’s sails when she let him know that Chantel would not be speaking to him and that she was not angry.  He was bugged!  He SO wanted to yell at her and belittle her and shout her down while not listening to her answers.  Any “discussion” needed to go through counsel at that point.  All of his comments were Petty!  
Again, I hope Chantel finds a nice Singer or Professional Athlete to comfort her.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

You are correct, Sharper2002.  He's a duplicate (triplicate?) of his mother and his sister.  He just kept everything hidden as long as he could because he was a "reality star."

• Mean
  • Users
  • Vindictive
  • Dishonest aka Liars
  • Manipulators

The apple doesn’t fall from the tree!

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

The most telling detail is that Pedro would not go to counseling.   We all know marital therapy is not a magical panacea, but he can't claim he did everything to make it work after refusing counseling.  

Agreed - that stood out to me and when Chantal said she would try to discuss the future and he would shut down. I’m not saying he was scamming from the jump, but I can understand why she thought he was scamming based on those factors. He wasn’t all in on the marriage at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Eme said:

Again, I hope Chantel finds a nice Singer or Professional Athlete to comfort her.

"Temporary" comfort would be fine...but generally, with those men their (usually short) careers have to come first.  For a lifetime of comfort, she needs to look for a smart, stable guy with good values, common sense ... who will give her the attention she craves--and with the ability to deal with her and her crazy family.

• Love 8

I just went on his girlfriend's boss's website to see if he is actually a licensed agent and he is. His bio reads:

"My name is Pedro Jimeno and I am an influencer turned agent. Although I love social media and the entertainment industry, the business aspect of real estate really called me. I was born in the Dominican Republic and came to the U.S in 2016. I have stayed in the metro Atlanta area ever since, and have become very familiar with the area and community. Since I've been here, my English has improved dramatically and continues to do so. I am very grateful for the opportunities that this business and team have given me and for everything that I am learning. I want to bring client satisfaction with each closing and to help people find their dream homes. Home is where family is and where we grow as people, so I hold that to be very sacred and only want success for my clients. I consider all our clients as part of our team, and their active participation is crucial to this process. For me, customer service goes beyond just business. In the end, the goal is to be one of the top selling agents in the industry while still maintaining and holding my personal values in place."

Pedro.jpg

• Useful 2

Okay, this has got to be totally producer-driven at this point. Chantel would have to be extremely stupid to return to Santo Domingo and I don't think she is.

How did P&C have that much money that young?

• Like 3