Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Surprisingly, I feel a little sad for Chantal--she's obviously worried about her marriage and hasn't learned that the 'Keeping Score' method doesn't work in healthy relationships

I'm glad that Winter's surgery went OK and it looks like she is actually losing some weight, but you could not pay me enough to have any kind of surgery in Tijuana.

I don't think this is a spoiler since it was mentioned above (and it doesn't look like there are many of still watching) but

Spoiler

I am totally HERE to see Nicole's head explode when she doesn't win the pageant!  It's not even close!  How tragic for her!

Edited by Real4real
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2022 at 6:00 PM, magemaud said:

Can someone explain why Pedro is making such a big deal about adding salt to eggs that are boiling in their shells ? 

Trying to remain relevant?  Trying to keep the TLC money rolling in?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Had the episode on in the background and had to chuckle when newly minted nurse, Chantel, was trying to sound like an expert describing Winter’s surgery then said she was in the “operation room.” 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Had the episode on in the background and had to chuckle when newly minted nurse, Chantel, was trying to sound like an expert describing Winter’s surgery then said she was in the “operation room.” 

She meant the Milton Bradley game Operation where you remove the funny bone.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I totally LOVED it when pageant coach Stalin (great name btw) told Nicole how bad she was in her pageant training.  

He might be more popular in Cuba.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

She meant the Milton Bradley game Operation where you remove the funny bone.

Ha ha, I almost posted this picture with my comment. BTW, this was one of the all time best Halloween costumes I made for my daughter. 

image.jpeg.5d6103916032dcd86bde250610f6bae7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/22/2022 at 1:03 PM, Real4real said:

Surprisingly, I feel a little sad for Chantal--she's obviously worried about her marriage and hasn't learned that the 'Keeping Score' method doesn't work in healthy relationships

I'm glad that Winter's surgery went OK and it looks like she is actually losing some weight, but you could not pay me enough to have any kind of surgery in Tijuana.

I don't think this is a spoiler since it was mentioned above (and it doesn't look like there are many of still watching) but

Hide contents

I am totally HERE to see Nicole's head explode when she doesn't win the pageant!  It's not even close!  How tragic for her!

i was so afraid that she would and we would know it was rigged!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey, Lidia, maybe those "big asses" Nicole competed against don't have a history of and propensity for violence and would better represent the DR. Lidia's sourness comes out with everything.

Interesting that Chantel resides so much in  Nicole's mind whereas Chantel probably never thinks of Nicole.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

You KNOW why Nichole doesn’t win . . .because Pedro didn’t sent her any supportive messages.  Pedro, it’s all your fault!  You’re a terrible brother!  How COULD you??? 😭😭😭

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Interesting that Chantel resides so much in  Nicole's mind whereas Chantel probably never thinks of Nicole.

Sorry Nicole, you will never hold a candle to  Chantel; and im no fan of her ether,but you still look like a toothy space alien 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Hey, Lidia, maybe those "big asses" Nicole competed against don't have a history of and propensity for violence and would better represent the DR. Lidia's sourness comes out with everything.

I thought big asses are appreciated in Latin countries.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, magemaud said:

Just caught the last five minutes of this show. Can someone explain why Pedro is making such a big deal about adding salt to eggs that are boiling in their shells ? 

keeps the shells from cracking while they boil 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, xls said:
On 6/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, magemaud said:

Just caught the last five minutes of this show. Can someone explain why Pedro is making such a big deal about adding salt to eggs that are boiling in their shells ? 

keeps the shells from cracking while they boil

AH, thanks. I never heard that. I’ve always added a blop of vinegar which must have a similar effect. Plus supposedly salt water boils faster so maybe Pedro knows more about cooking than I give him credit for. Chicken feet, anyone? 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

AH, thanks. I never heard that. I’ve always added a blop of vinegar which must have a similar effect. Plus supposedly salt water boils faster so maybe Pedro knows more about cooking than I give him credit for. Chicken feet, anyone? 

Living with those two hens he probably learned a lot about eggs.

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

I must have missed it. Why is everyone standing around in their coats in the housewarming scene? There’s no heat in the Happy Place or something? 

The house they looked at last season was much nicer.  The one Chantel didn’t want because the basement was big enough for an in-laws’ apartment for Pedro’s family.  This house also looks like it is right on top of the neighbors on either side.  Doesn’t make for a lot of privacy with the windows open.  But maybe in Atlanta everyone uses AC all the time.

On 6/27/2022 at 11:30 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I thought big asses are appreciated in Latin countries.  

She should have gotten butt implants instead of booby ones 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Apparently there were only 15 contestants in the Miss DR pageant to begin with, so the odds of making the top 10 were pretty high! I also suspect Nicole automatically made the cut because of the American camera crew was there to film it. 

From the Reality Tidbit article:

"When Nicole began sharing her Dominican Republic pageant journey on The Family Chantel, viewers instantly began rooting for the reality star."

"Viewers are clapping at the screen with their fingers crossed that Nicole rises to the successful reign."

I for one wasn't rooting for her and I don't consider her a STAR!  Anyone else? 

And isn't Mama a sore loser? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Apparently there were only 15 contestants in the Miss DR pageant to begin with, so the odds of making the top 10 were pretty high! I also suspect Nicole automatically made the cut because of the American camera crew was there to film it. 

"When Nicole began sharing her Dominican Republic pageant journey on The Family Chantel, viewers instantly began rooting for the reality star."

"Viewers are clapping at the screen with their fingers crossed that Nicole rises to the successful reign."

I for one wasn't rooting for her and I don't consider her a STAR!  Anyone else? 

And isn't Mama a sore loser? 

Mama is looking cadaverous in her talking heads this season.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

They must have found two people who had never seen the show before then!  I for one was clapping at the screen with my fingers crossed, rooting for her to lose miserably.  It was so very satisfying!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Mama is looking cadaverous in her talking heads this season.

Chantel has inspired her to wear ridiculous false eyelashes in an attempt to look glam

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

If Pedro thinks Chantel is lazy, he should work a couple of shifts as a nurse.

Those 12 hour shifts are no joke.

Sadly, it seems like Pedro is checked out at this point.  Flirting with his coworker, avoiding going home, not communicating with Chantal . . .she’s right to be worried.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

It cracks me up how much Chantal has become Karen’s mini-me and tries to sound so educated when she speaks. She ALWAYS says, “Pedro and I” even when it’s grammatically incorrect. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Did Nicole’s chin acid disintegrate five minutes after she got it, because I swear I couldn’t see the difference. She lost so I guess Chantel can’t “kiss [her] ass *bites finger with snaggletooth.” I’m anticipating the debut of Karen’s new dojo, Karen Kai. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Real4real said:

Sadly, it seems like Pedro is checked out at this point.  Flirting with his coworker, avoiding going home, not communicating with Chantal . . .she’s right to be worried.

Can't bear to watch the show, but I follow these comments.  "Family Chantel" should sit Pedro down and explain that it's THEIR SHOW...not his.  If "they" decide the marriage should end, it will, along with his co-stardom.   

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Can't bear to watch the show, but I follow these comments.  "Family Chantel" should sit Pedro down and explain that it's THEIR SHOW...not his.  If "they" decide the marriage should end, it will, along with his co-stardom.   

There is no show without Pedro or Chantel even if the title is the family Chantel they are the ones who it's all about really & the rest are just peripheral noise. If they decide to end the marriage and not try counseling etc. that's the end of the show, nobody gives a fuck about the rest of either family really.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I think squabbling over chores is just the story arc for this season.  Last season it was the fake first meeting with his half brothers.  Chantel and Pedro are not good enough at acting to sell these domestic discord scenes.  They always seem on the verge of laughing.  I also don’t believe that they haven’t had sex in months.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

This show is so phony and so are the people.  I'm not watching this new season but am following the comments too.

5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

There is no show without Pedro or Chantel even if the title is the family Chantel they are the ones who it's all about really & the rest are just peripheral noise. If they decide to end the marriage and not try counseling etc. that's the end of the show, nobody gives a fuck about the rest of either family really.

Are you kidding?  They'll have a new show called Chantal Without Pedro: Separate Ways and follow the two through their subsequent relationships with a bunch of "Will they get back together again" bullshit thrown in.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Chantel and Pedro are not good enough at acting to sell these domestic discord scenes.  They always seem on the verge of laughing.

My favorite overacted reaction is Pedro's "jaw drop" expression when Chantel accuses him of doing something wrong...and Scene! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Sometimes it seems like Lucy and Ricky

I think you're on to something here, they might picture themselves as the new Ricardos. 

"Chantel, you have some 'splainin' to do" and hilarity ensues. The only thing missing is the canned laugh track. And the talent! 

image.png.4364968caa1333278e93645eff744407.png

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Just speculating here, but what if the family Pedro was right all along . . . they were pushing for Pedro to marry an American and get his green card so they can come over.  He's done his part (not such a hard job since Chantal does have a nice body), but now that she's getting whiny, not living up to his expectations, nagging him all the time, (plus that family 🙄), he just seems over it.  Add in a cute coworker--it's no bueno.  His reactions to me say less 'scripted' and more 'yeah, what are you going to do about it'.  

I guess I'm being gullible, but I still think Chantal looks pale and stressed, and seems more on the verge of tears than laughing when talking with Pedro or in her talking heads.  I don't think she's a good enough actress to fake that level of anxiety.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I just saw on TMZ that Pedro has filed for divorce and is claiming Chanel transferred $275k out of their joint business account into an account she shares with her sister. 

I wonder whose idea the transfer was, no prizes for guessing will be given out.

Maybe Karen was right all along as it's very easy to see that Chantal is still in love with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Because of other fakery (e.g., Pedro pretending to meet his half brothers for the first time when there were previous pics of them together) I would be skeptical.  You can withdraw a divorce filing. It may just be for story line.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Because of other fakery (e.g., Pedro pretending to meet his half brothers for the first time when there were previous pics of them together) I would be skeptical.  You can withdraw a divorce filing. It may just be for story line.

If that's just for the story line he is a great actor, he just seems totally checked out and his attitude shouts "another woman".

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

If that's just for the story line he is a great actor, he just seems totally checked out and his attitude shouts "another woman".

Chantel is incredibly vapid so I can see how once the lust wore off there was nothing left.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Real4real said:

Can someone fill me in on how they managed to have $275K in the bank??  That's a chunk of change!  I didn't think this gig paid that well . . .

Oh I think it does. Look at those teen mom girls with their McMansions and driving high priced cars. 

Reality tv pays!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I might be gullible, but I believe that they were actually in love.  But Chantel is not very emotionally mature, and that coupled with a very intrusive family (particularly mama Karen) on both sides probably only compounds the issue.  Pedro’s also no saint.  
Love and marriage only last if both people are willing to grow and work together.  

Edited by OliversMom
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, OliversMom said:

I might be gullible, but I believe that they were actually in love.  But Chantel is not very emotionally mature, and that coupled with a very intrusive family (particularly mama Karen) on both sides probably only compounds the issue.  Pedro’s also no saint.  
Love and marriage only last if both people are willing to grow and work together.  

I think they had a real love but you can't pretend to fight and have strife for several years without it bleeding into your true feelings. 

The TV show probably helped their bank account but not the stability of their relationship. 

• Like 5