Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 8/4/2022 at 10:12 PM, MrBuhBye said:

It’s all confusing.  It appears you may practice law there with just a bachelor’s as well.  You would think if she were a lawyer she wouldn’t have had to beg them to bring her a tv.

Or upgrade her apartment and help pay her rent. Meanwhile Chantel was li ing in a very cramped apartment. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Pedro didn't try to save this marriage at all.

When someone wants OUT so badly, there are usually "other circumstances."  Saving his marriage never entered his tiny brain.  Pedro wants OUT...and probably is already IN someone else.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Chantel doesn’t seem to get how it works. She says “I don’t want a separation.” “I don’t want a divorce.” “I want Pedro to be my husband” and on and on totally disregarding what Pedro might want. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Chantel doesn’t seem to get how it works. She says “I don’t want a separation.” “I don’t want a divorce.” “I want Pedro to be my husband” and on and on totally disregarding what Pedro might want. 

WHY beg and plead for him.  He doesn't want her.  Someone needs to explain, "We know how you feel, but don't humiliate yourself--especially on television."  Put on your actress hat!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

I think he was pretty candid in explaining that they have little in common and their initial draw was physical.  Lust fades over seven years.  This is a problem with any relationship but when dating someone overseas they had even less opportunity to see if their interests and goals matched.  Also I get that after working three 12-hour shifts she may want to crash for a day or two but not for four days. He is more of a go-getter, she is more of a couch potato.  Neither is bad per se but they are not compatible.

4 hours ago, magemaud said:

It sounds like she thinks there can’t be a divorce unless both spouses agree lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

WHY beg and plead for him.  He doesn't want her.  Someone needs to explain, "We know how you feel, but don't humiliate yourself--especially on television."  Put on your actress hat!

Yep, he's gotten everything he wanted out of her and is done with it. Time to move on and forget his worthless azz.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I can’t believe it’s been seven years and Pedro’s English hasn’t improved at all!  I still rely on the captions to understand him.

I had super low expectations of Lydia being a good mediator, but she did seem fairly even handed until she started to realize that Pedro really WAS a piece of sh** and she got up and left before her head exploded.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Real4real said:

I can’t believe it’s been seven years and Pedro’s English hasn’t improved at all!  I still rely on the captions to understand him.

I don't watch the show, but have come back this month to watch 1-2 episodes.  I thought the same thing.  Perhaps he thinks his English is "fine," and doesn't want any suggestions.

I don't speak Spanish, but I wonder what native Spanish-speakers think of Chantel's pronunciations.  She seems comfortable enough carrying on a conversation with her mother-in-law.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Real4real said:

I had super low expectations of Lydia being a good mediator, but she did seem fairly even handed until she started to realize that Pedro really WAS a piece of sh** and she got up and left before her head exploded.

Well most of the time he was working in a warehouse so probably not that many opportunities to converse.   But yeah he could have cut out some of the video games to take an English course or two on the computer.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Well most of the time he was working in a warehouse so probably not that many opportunities to converse.   But yeah he could have cut out some of the video games to take an English course or two on the computer.

Perhaps his mother-in-law's diction was SO IRRITATING that he didn't want to take a chance on sounding like her.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Don't know how spoilery this is but:

Spoiler

Read yesterday that Pedro & Chantal have officially filed for divorce with mutual restraining orders.  Looks like Pedro is meeting with a divorce lawyer next week on the show.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Real4real said:

Don't know how spoilery this is but:

Hide contents

Read yesterday that Pedro & Chantal have officially filed for divorce with mutual restraining orders.  Looks like Pedro is meeting with a divorce lawyer next week on the show.

It was mentioned up thread. Hate to see that they've started the tit for tat crap with the restraining orders, can't anyone just move on nowadays. I didn't think I would ever feel bad for Chantal but to say that Pedro turned into a class A prick & asshole would be an understatement, I really do feel for her after so obviously putting her heart & soul as well as money into this relationship.

• Love 8

So the divorce is legit.  I've watched the last 5 or 6 episodes of this garbage show out of sheer boredom and just basically being too lazy to change the channel when it came on and I was totally convinced it was just a made up story line for the show because I thought Pedro was such a shitty actor.  Chantal was pulling off her dramatic part, sure, but Pedro was acting so stiff and unnatural that I was not buying what he was selling.  Huh.  What the hell do I know. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I really do feel for her after so obviously putting her heart & soul as well as money into this relationship.

And, I assume Pedro AND his mother AND his sister finally accomplished the family goal: a Green Card for Pedro so he could bring mom and sis to the USA.  He'll live to regret THAT!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Cementhead said:

So the divorce is legit.  I've watched the last 5 or 6 episodes of this garbage show out of sheer boredom and just basically being too lazy to change the channel when it came on and I was totally convinced it was just a made up story line for the show because I thought Pedro was such a shitty actor.  Chantal was pulling off her dramatic part, sure, but Pedro was acting so stiff and unnatural that I was not buying what he was selling.  Huh.  What the hell do I know. 

Just because he filed doesn’t mean he will go through with it.  It may be the cliffhanger for the next season.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 8/18/2022 at 9:32 PM, MrBuhBye said:

It sounds like she thinks there can’t be a divorce unless both spouses agree lol.

She even said she would refuse to sign any papers. Take that, Pepe Wepe! 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, MrBuhBye said:

She could delay it by years by not signing it and just generally by changing her mind on the possessions split every day depending on what the rules are where they live.

I play poker with a divorce lawyer & he tells some good stories of delaying tactics & hiding money/assets that can extend things for lengths of time hard to believe.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

She could delay it by years by not signing it and just generally by changing her mind on the possessions split every day depending on what the rules are where they live.

I play poker with a divorce lawyer & he tells some good stories of delaying tactics & hiding money/assets that can extend things for lengths of time hard to believe.

I know if they just try to ignore it the filing spouse can get a default divorce so I guess you have to appear to be cooperating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/20/2022 at 1:31 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I know if they just try to ignore it the filing spouse can get a default divorce so I guess you have to appear to be cooperating.

This is probably very dependent on the state.....when I was going through my divorce, my ex didnt' want it. And kept stalling and doing stupid shit like, in our agreement where it says we both agree adn want this, he would redline it and say no, I don't want this, I am being forced to sign. He really thought that if he kept saying that and delaying that I didn't have any recourse. Of course, I did, it just cost me a lot more in legal fees to push him to finally see the light.And yes, he kept stalling adn if he had been a little smarter he could have dragged it out even longer. But he is a cheap ass who didn't want to listen to his attorney (that he finally hired after 6 months of bullshit).  At the time I told my attorney some of the crap the ex was telling me and he said oh ok, I see he is consulting Attorney Google, well here is how Maryland law has updated in the last 3 years.....

So, sounds like Chantel with all her money still at this point only had Attorney Google on retainer. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

This is probably very dependent on the state.....when I was going through my divorce, my ex didnt' want it. And kept stalling and doing stupid shit like, in our agreement where it says we both agree adn want this, he would redline it and say no, I don't want this, I am being forced to sign. He really thought that if he kept saying that and delaying that I didn't have any recourse. Of course, I did, it just cost me a lot more in legal fees to push him to finally see the light.And yes, he kept stalling adn if he had been a little smarter he could have dragged it out even longer. But he is a cheap ass who didn't want to listen to his attorney (that he finally hired after 6 months of bullshit).  At the time I told my attorney some of the crap the ex was telling me and he said oh ok, I see he is consulting Attorney Google, well here is how Maryland law has updated in the last 3 years.....

So, sounds like Chantel with all her money still at this point only had Attorney Google on retainer. 

Yeah in my state I know someone who filed at the end of July 2021 and got the default judgment by December.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, magemaud said:
On 8/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, MrBuhBye said:

She even said she would refuse to sign any papers. Take that, Pepe Wepe! 

Perhaps she gets her legal advice from movies of the 1930s-40s.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Pedro is a Scammer.  Got his papers, some TLC cash (thanks to Chantel’s Family since his family storyline is rubbish), likely has a Honey on the side, and is now intent on Gaslighting Chantel so she feels she’s to blame.  Bravo!  He needs to hook up with Luis to talk about how to start a Love-rat Masterclass in the DR. 

Hope Chantel gets the support of her family and finds a Professional Sports Player to cheer her up.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 9

Nah Pedro did support Chantel. When she said “ I brought him here…´ that told me everything I needed to know. She wanted him to toe the line. Fuck her family too. His family is just as bad but they are a plane ride away. Her family whispered in her ear for years. I do think he loved her but his family was full of thoughts of green cards and harvesting the American dollar. Hey Family Chantel… Y’all know Pedro worked 3 jobs while Chantel was in school right? 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

so this situation is for real?  i thought this was just a story line so they could stay on  tv .

does he have a honey on the side?  

On 8/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Just because he filed doesn’t mean he will go through with it.  It may be the cliffhanger for the next season.

thank you!!!  this is what i thought from the beginning.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I do think he loved her but his family was full of thoughts of green cards and harvesting the American dollar.

Do you think his family didn't have those EXACT thoughts...and pressured him about it (and GIFTS and "support money") constantly?  I didn't watch much after their 90-Day stint, but the early and continuing greed from Family Pedro was loathsome.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Did he?  How many hours a day--how many hours a week did he work?

It was mentioned a season or two ago, during the whole “ sending money home” drama. If I recall he did factory work and some part time stuff ( delivery I think) on some evenings and weekends.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Do you think his family didn't have those EXACT thoughts...and pressured him about it (and GIFTS and "support money") constantly?  I didn't watch much after their 90-Day stint, but the early and continuing greed from Family Pedro was loathsome.

Yea I think they did. Pedro admitted as much. I didn’t watch this shit show very often but I think both families were and are awful. Chantel was the one who insisted that Pedro lie to her family about his visa for months. Pedro was blamed for all of it. He is behaving very badly but she threw him under the bus to her family for years. They just need to divorce and move on. I am glad they don’t have children.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2022 at 11:14 PM, Real4real said:

In contrast, I've been impressed at good Chantel's Spanish has gotten. Maybe they concentrated too much on speaking Español with each other.  

• Love 4
On 8/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, MrBuhBye said:

OMG, would TPTB really think viewers want to watch a whole season of "will they or won't they divorce"? Well, this is TLC so I guess if they expect us to be riveted for weeks by such manufactured dilemmas as where Cody Brown and his wives are going to move, will Whitney ever meet the Frenchman and if Michael will ever make it to Georgia with Angela... 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Eme said:

He needs to hook up with Luis to talk about how to start a Love-rat Masterclass in the DR. 

Yes, but let's expand to include Jamaica....we can't forget Jay from Ashley and Jay, and I still say Devar will leave his shrew when he finds someone else willing to empty her account for him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

What stage is anger in the grief process?  Chantal, stop denying and bargaining and get mad at him!  He forced you to go to ‘counseling’ with his mom of all people, make him go to a REAL marriage counselor with you.  You’ve both given up things for the other and you’ve both made mistakes.  Quit sulking outside his bedroom door and get some guidance to talk it out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

so this situation is for real?  i thought this was just a story line so they could stay on  tv .

The divorce is real. You can Google it and see in the news. However, I still suspect some of the scenes were staged after the divorce was already taking place. Especially the whole thing with Pedro's mother and Chantel going to the DR to talk to her. I think that whole part was scripted. Even Chantel isn't dumb enough to think that would help anything or bother to spend the money on the plane ticket on her own.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, Eme said:

Hope Chantel gets the support of her family and finds a Professional Sports Player to cheer her up.  

I agree with the family support part, but I don't want her to get an even higher opinion of herself by being on the arm of a rich athlete. I don't think she's that special. And we'd never hear the end of it from Karen. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 3

The two of them deserve each other and whatever they get. They both got reality show money out of the deal. I just hope The Family Chantel doesn't try to continue without the marriage, because the rest of the family is boring. I mostly fast forward through their scenes at this point. 

I am upset that it appears they just left the cat alone in the house though. That cat is the best living being in that family. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The Family Chantel has a few storylines that could give breath to the show.  I don't think this divorce will be the ending.  Actually the two of them have gotten pretty boring!

For me, all of them are boring and always have been despite TLC trying to make them interesting and watchable. If I had to spend any time with any of them IRL without wanting to slit my wrists, I'm surprised to say it would be Winter. Out of both families, she seems the most genuine and likeable. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Did Winter get rid of that loser boyfriend?  She seems like a nice person, I want her to marry a good looking rich dude who treats her like a Queen while the rest of them go back to the Mcmansion from which they came.  Nicole needs to retreat back to whatever zoo let her out.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Did Winter get rid of that loser boyfriend?  She seems like a nice person, I want her to marry a good looking rich dude who treats her like a Queen while the rest of them go back to the Mcmansion from which they came.  Nicole needs to retreat back to whatever zoo let her out.

Yes, Winter has shed Ja, plus a whole lot more weight after WLS and she has jumped into the dating pool. A couple of her dates have been featured this season. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/25/2022 at 3:49 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

I want her to marry a good looking rich dude who treats her like a Queen while the rest of them go back to the Mcmansion from which they came. 

Wouldn't it be great if Winter ended up with a better "match" than Chantel! Kind of like when late bloomer Lady Edith married a Marquis and outranked stuck up Lady Mary on "Downton Abbey." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2022 at 11:18 PM, magemaud said:

I agree with the family support part, but I don't want her to get an even higher opinion of herself by being on the arm of a rich athlete. I don't think she's that special. And we'd never hear the end of it from Karen. 

I totally agree!!  Chantel just needs to be by herself for a while and stop with the whole "man" thing.  She also needs to not take ALL the $$$ in their JOINT bank account!

• Love 6
On 8/23/2022 at 1:24 PM, Real4real said:

What stage is anger in the grief process?  Chantal, stop denying and bargaining and get mad at him!  

Anger is Step #2 after Denial and before Bargaining. From the preview of Pedro claiming she cleaned out their joint bank account, she's gone through all three steps. She still has to work through Depression and finally Acceptance. 

Can you imagine her crying and pleading outside your bedroom door like some kind of wraith every night? And thinking it was going to do anything other than making her look even more desperate and unhinged? No wonder Pedro needed to move out. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I totally agree!!  Chantel just needs to be by herself for a while and stop with the whole "man" thing.  She also needs to not take ALL the $$$ in their JOINT bank account!

Yeah!  Figure what he brought/deposited when he ARRIVED in The States and return that amount to him.  Would he have more without Family Chantel and TLC?

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Yeah!  Figure what he brought/deposited when he ARRIVED in The States and return that amount to him.  Would he have more without Family Chantel and TLC?

Chantel never would have been on the show at all if she was not dating Pedro.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Chantel never would have been on the show at all if she was not dating Pedro.

Neither would Pedro have been, I don't get what your point is.

Or are you talking about her taking all the money from the account in which case I agree. Thinking this was someone else pushing her to do that (parents).

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 1
  • Love 1