Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

Aren't they giving this the post-Olympics slot?  That's pretty high profile.

Also NBC's schedule?  Doesn't shy away from police shows. 

Not comedic police shows.  They got all the Law & Orders ("Ripped from the headlines!!!" so you know those are/have been addressing the issues all along) , Chicago PD, probably others that I don't know.  they don't know how to handle a comedic police show that's going to be a little more serious.

No.  Not comedic cop shows but cop show with cops that are the heroes and that glorify law enforcement. 

I don't think their choice has anything to do with its subject matter. I think they're airing it when they are because it will be over a year since it was last on due to COVID delays.  There are no other comedies scheduled for fall and they probably didn't want to hold it to spring.  And it is a "highlighted" time slot.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 5/21/2021 at 12:00 AM, Night Cheese said:

By airing two episodes per week, the show will have its series finale on September 9th, or 9/9. I thought that was a nice touch.

Except it looks like it will end on Sep 16. The Futon Critic shows that it will be preempted on Sep 9 for a NFL football game

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Except it looks like it will end on Sep 16. The Futon Critic shows that it will be preempted on Sep 9 for a NFL football game

That's a shame. I was willing to give NBC a little credit, but I suppose not now.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2021 at 10:43 PM, Irlandesa said:

Not comedic cop shows but cop show with cops that are the heroes and that glorify law enforcement.

Agreed. I think NBC is nervous about the politics of this show.

While I'm sad this show is ending, I think it's a good decision. I'm excited to see what the cast and crew do next.

• Love 1

I think all networks may be nervous now. I have at&t for local sports and I have no channels currently showing reruns. Did someone snatch up exclusive rights?  I used to get it on 3 or 4 different networks. 

• Love 1

Is Cheddar a cast member now? Hee! It would be funny if Cheddar was in every episode, even if just in the background. Maybe Holt is taking him to the office occasionally, and he observes while all the craziness goes on around him. 

"Title of your sex tape"! I love this show. Can't wait to see the final episodes.

So sad it's ending, though. I'm kind of in denial...

• Love 6
On 8/20/2021 at 3:13 PM, TimothyQ said:

Is this the plan for the whole of season 8? Just burn through the episodes, two per week?

On 8/20/2021 at 8:12 PM, chitowngirl said:

Yes

And in the lateness of Summer no less

Terry Crews talked about B99 on the  James Corden show. He said he would love it if the show was eventually rebooted or they got the opportunity to shoot a movie.

Around 7:35

• Love 1

If you live in a rural area and need Dish because your internet stinks (like me), Comedy Central just started showing B99 last night.

It's been nice having The Office as background tv, now B99 makes it even better.

• Love 1

Just found out and damn this is hard to hear.  A great actor no matter what, but I think Raymond Holt might honestly be one of my favorite television characters of all time, and knowing that the man who played and helped create him is no longer with us, is a gut punch.  Was so looking forward to seeing where he was going to go next.

I hope he at least knew how many people loved his work and how he probably was introduced to a whole new fanbase by playing against type like this and making Holt an excellent and hilarious character.  He will be missed.

• Sad 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I saw that this forum had new posts and I knew it couldn't be good news.  He was such a good actor.  I normally don't see actors as their characters but for some reason, it took me so long to not think Braugher was just like Pembleton but I eventually realized he was nothing like him. 

It's such a shame to lose him when I expected to enjoy his performances for years to come.

• Sad 13

I am so ready to be done with this year for many personal reasons but losing two of my favorite actors/characters from two of my favorite shows in the last few months is the final straw. Matthew Perry was my crush in my college years, imperfect but quick-witted with a good heart, just like Chandler. Now we have lost Andre Braugher whose Raymond Holt was a perfect foil/father figure for Jake. I never watched Homicide so I cannot speak to him as a dramatic actor but his Holt never failed to make me smile. He really shined with Andy Samberg and I loved them together in witness protection, Holt officiating Jake and Amy's wedding or crashing their honeymoon. I think season 6 was my favorite season of Holt and the drinking contest episode, where he downed the last bottle of wine to save the bar, may be one of the best.

Rest in peace Andre. My deepest condolences to your family and friends during this horrible time.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 9

I was a late comer to this show but it has become one of my favorites.  Long time fan of Andre Braugher dating back to Glory and Homicide.  He was as excellent in those roles as he was playing Holt. What an amazing legacy of performances - he is gone far too soon!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

I never watched Homicide so I cannot speak to him as a dramatic actor

See Glory, if you can. The cast is altogether wonderful, and he stands out in a great field. 

Homicide wasn’t my favourite performance of his, but everything I found self-conscious or mannered about him as Frank Pembleton seemed to make Raymond J. Holt ever more brilliantly realized. He was a marvellous actor, and he’s gone too soon. Damn. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This one hurts. He was just so good. While Holt will always be my favourite character of his I loved him in Frequency too. Just a small role but he was just so good. The scene where he starts to believe Dennis Quaid and is all distracted by the ball game and trying to keep Elizabeth Mitchell from thinking he's nuts...so cute. And that one season show he did with Scott Speedman was pretty awesome too. Although I'm glad it was canceled or we may have never seen him as Holt.

• Love 4