Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Kat's Out of the Bag

• Start Topic

I think Eliza can stay if her storyline is going to be "my dad is nine generations Charlestonian, my mom is fifteen generations, but my mom cheated on my dad and we got kicked out of society" or whatever she said.  That is why I tune in.  What I don't tune in for is some thirsty bitch saying, "Kathryn really seems to have this problem with me because I'm close to T-Rav," when what she really means is, "I wish Kathryn would have a problem with me for being close to T-Rav, as it would validate my existence." 

Maybe I was supposed to know this, and forgot, but color me slightly impressed that Ashley managed to become an RN.  That requires passing all kinds of chemistry classes in college.  I'm sure the award was bullshit though.

I like Cameran a lot better as a mom, but I mean that in the worst way possible--she seems like she really wants to get away from her kid, so she's taking more opportunities to drink and carouse and get into the fray, instead of lecturing everyone on how immature they are 24/7.  But as long as she is the narrator of this franchise?  I'm always going to have the slightest bit of antipathy toward her, deserved or not.

Craig, damn, if he can afford someone to come over and force him to be a responsible adult, why not start there?  

I like the Craig and Austen vs Shep dynamic.  Shep infuriates me when he slaps that baseball cap with the American flag over his shaggy mop.  Shit, Shep could probably infuriate me at this point by saving orphans from a fire.  But leaving a woman in a ditch with a bicycle because you are too drunk to notice...is funny?  Keep drinking, Shep.  Those liver problems you had a few seasons back?  They get better over time, especially if you give your liver a significant work-out each and every night!

Shep made no sense in justifying Austen's cheating to Cam.  If "cheating is never ok," then why is the second cheater necessarily worse?  He can't say, because he has no reason other than, "but, Austen's like, my bruh, dudes."  

Danni has won the award of Basic Bitch out of quite a few BB's.

Naomie--I'm not terribly excited about her, but it looks like she is really doing well for herself--setting up a company with employees and a work space?  Nice.  She has Gizmo too!  Speaking of pets, where is Bethany?  A dog with that much energy isn't easy to subdue.  I hope she's still around...

Chelsea--I'm not personally digging the house (cept for the king-sized bed), but good on her for doing it!  She seems really happy with this guy.  Chelsea seems like a submissive type who needs a dominant man (and this is not being sexist, because I think Craig is a submissive man who needs a dominant woman).  It seems like she found it in this sailor.  I do not think we will have any hugs with legs wrapped around Austen this season, thank God!

What is Austen embarassed about again?  That the drippy foam cooler that requires a beach towel doesn't bear the insignia of his beer?  I guess that's something to lose sleep over...no, I get it.  His beer company fell through.  He seems like he's being a little neurotic about it, but I support anyone on this show taking responsibility for their actions, even if it borders on hyper-responsibility!

Kathryn--I'm not counting her money, so I'm not mad about the rent.  I actually do believe she slept with Whitney, who, in all likelihood, is a closeted gay man, and then he told Kathryn to--wink,wink--tell no one.  No other scenario makes sense to me now that Kathryn is finally in good with Patricia and views that as her meal-ticket back into "society."  She's not going to spread Whitney gossip against his will, I don't think.

Whitney's alright.  I have come to appreciate his ironic streak.  He used to be such an asshole, though, that I can't find it within myself to feel bad that he is manifesting a raging case of male pattern baldness.  At least Whiney doesn't seem hard-hearted like Shep.  I like Whit in small doses.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Shep's holier-than-thou act is getting tiresome. Good for Cam for not backing down on his "I would have said the same thing if the roles were reversed" BS. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, he would have back-slapped and double high-fived Austen for "showing that bitch she can't just cross you like that." Not his words, but totally easy to imagine those would have been his.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Shep's holier-than-thou act is getting tiresome. Good for Cam for not backing down on his "I would have said the same thing if the roles were reversed" BS. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, he would have back-slapped and double high-fived Austen for "showing that bitch she can't just cross you like that." Not his words, but totally easy to imagine those would have been his.

Also according to Madison (is that her name?) they were broken up at the time that she hooked up with someone else. I mean I don’t particularly like what we have seen of her but Shep is ridiculous.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Tyson's obvious joy at going to the beach with his Grampa totally made my day.  I had to re-watch that scene three times.

I love Chelsea's house, and that she renovated it herself.  She's kind of a badass.  What did she mean by dipping though, I thought she was talking about the dance move.

That kind of dipping would be sexy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also according to Madison (is that her name?) they were broken up at the time that she hooked up with someone else. I mean I don’t particularly like what we have seen of her but Shep is ridiculous.

Another example of Shep’s pickled brain reasoning.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

OMG, I forgot to mention how funny that conversation was at the restaurant between Whitney, Craig and Austen (maybe it was Shep).  

Who is Debbie, and why is she down?  Funny, but.......

Who is Luke, and why is he warm? Laughing for days!!!!

I cannot quit these people, just for something like this, that would never happen organically on any other reality show.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think Katherine is trying to "hide" in her clothes.  As said upthread, the other women are all soooo teeny-tiny this year, and super fit.  

Katherine is tall - very tall and has a larger bone structure than the other women.  With the extra weight, plus the ridiculous breast implants, she looks much bigger than the others, and I think that makes her feel insecure.  Sometimes, when someone is insecure about their size, they will buy ill-fitting or semi-loose clothing to try to "hide" within the clothes.

Katherine’s bone structure is the same as the other women.  During a marathon of season one yesterday you could see how teeny tiny yet tall she was in season one.  But that was 6 years and two kids and rehabs ago.  She looks healthier now.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

We met her interior designer on the show. I think her point is that she managed it herself and did a lot of work. It’s a turn of phrase one that Craig has also used and also not accurate.

Fair enough.

And for those who are also Survivor fans - her interior designer is none other than Kim Spradlin, winner of Survivor: One World (in which Chelsea came in third).

• Useful 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

That flashback of Kathryn responding to accusations of a fling with Whitney reminded me of how calculating she can be. “Do you believe that?” she hissed at Thomas more than once, in spite of the fact that it was true. Creepy.

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, nexxie said:

That flashback of Kathryn responding to accusations of a fling with Whitney reminded me of how calculating she can be. “Do you believe that?” she hissed at Thomas more than once, in spite of the fact that it was true. Creepy.

Also, her whole bringing it up at Chelsea’s party and then refusing to say what the gossip was so that Cam would say it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also, her whole bringing it up at Chelsea’s party and then refusing to say what the gossip was so that Cam would say it. 

Yeah - I’ll bet she could still be pretty wild and crazy if she’s not careful about her health.

• Love 1

Since when does Shep like Austen? When Austen first came on the scene he was always jealous of him because Austen was younger, somewhat better looking and was dating Chelsea (Shep wanted her at the time). I don't remember Shep liking him last season, either. Now there is all this bro love. 

Shep talking to Danni about her new boyfriend: "How tall is he? Is he taller than me?" Danni shrugs her shoulders (as if to say how the fuck do I know). Shep: "Oh, good, at least he's not taller than me". I think the alcohol has finally fried his brain cells. He is a pathetic aging sloppy playboy. It's not cute at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

don't remember Shep liking him last season, either. Now there is all this bro love. 

They hang out all the time even when not filming. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

She looked like she had just walked off the set of Falcon Crest. And what was that fabric? It looked SO heavy. I’d guess that it was wool, but since the rest of them were wearing tank top and jeans or summer dresses, I’m guessing it was linen? A very very thick, heavy linen. 

That's one of the first things I thought - how that outfit must be so heavy and not breathable. They usually film when it's pretty hot out - she has to be so uncomfortable in some of those outfits she wears. I wonder why she just didn't go casual like everyone else. 

11 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Kathryn needs to revamp her wardrobe. She needs form fitting clothes esp with the new boobs. Flowy and vintage inspired doesn't work with her curves. I like her hair hot red though.  Her face has changed drastically since season 1-2 but shes still cute. I do NOT believe the Whitney hookup. I'll admit I've always liked Whitney.  He has a way of being blunt about everyone and it makes me laugh. 

She's gained a fair amount of weight, which probably for her height is a good healthy weight. However everyone she hangs around is really freaking tiny and she wears heels so she tends to look WAY bigger than she probably is. 

22 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Since when does Shep like Austen? When Austen first came on the scene he was always jealous of him because Austen was younger, somewhat better looking and was dating Chelsea (Shep wanted her at the time). I don't remember Shep liking him last season, either. Now there is all this bro love. 

Austen came onto the scene as being Shep's friend. Then during that season he began to steal Chelsea from him and start to act like him and that's when Shep started getting jealous.  But same with Craig, he'll get irritated with him but they'll probably always be friends. 

• Love 3

Chelsea’s house is awesome, her boyfriend is a BABE (hope that works out!) and I’m so glad she said she listened to NPR. 

Is it me or is Cam a tad annoying this season? Maybe it’s the constant barrage of ads from her Instagram that have soured me on the whole.

The guys are as dull as dishwater. Tyson is more interesting and has more personality as a dog than Shep/Austen/Craig combined. 

• Love 11

Cam’s been defending Eliza on Instagram talking about how sweet she is, but here’s my problem. She has a total lack of empathy and understanding of the situation she has created. Imagine someone came on the show and talked about how Eliza’s father and his mistress were like family to them and how they hadn’t done anything to this person so they were still close with the father and mistress. Then this same person goes on to spread damaging gossip about about her mother. If this person were to then confront Eliza with a “I don’t understand why there’s a problem with us?” How do we think Eliza would act? Then if Eliza went off on this person about how hurtful the whole situation was with her family only to be told “everyone has had hard times in life.” What then? Would Eliza be open to be around this person and having a friendship with them? I don’t think so. It’s not a perfect analogy, but there’s no way Eliza would be cool to someone like that so I don’t know why she thinks Katherine would be cool with her.  I’m not cool with her either. At least for now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Sooner Smiles said:

Cam’s been defending Eliza on Instagram talking about how sweet she is, but here’s my problem

Naomi also posted defending her and Chelsea and Patricia both liked Cam’s post. 

I do wonder how lenient Kathryn fans will be if she mellows out because even last season some were defending some of Kathryn’s more obnoxious behavior because she was young and was with all these people who were much older because Eliza is four years younger than Kathryn.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Shep talking to Danni about her new boyfriend: "How tall is he? Is he taller than me?" Danni shrugs her shoulders (as if to say how the fuck do I know). Shep: "Oh, good, at least he's not taller than me". I think the alcohol has finally fried his brain cells. He is a pathetic aging sloppy playboy. It's not cute at all. 

I also had the impression that Danni didn't even want a tall-as-Shep guy, assuming her bf isn't, and was thinking Shep was trying way too hard to stay relevant and coveted. 

I'm really not liking Shep this season so far. This started for me last season, but his continued sexism and now his WTF-ery about homeless people has soured me on him even worse. Didn't he used to say somewhat intelligent things? 

Whitney, alas for me, I find myself wanting to see more of. Whether or not the hookup is true, he probably would be a "not bad" time if not bonafide good. He's funny, too. Perhaps not having the good ol' boy set of Thomas and JD around has helped showcase Whit in a different way.

I think I caught Cameran saying to Chelsea, when Cam walked in to her new place, that Chelsea was a skinny-minnie. It made me think that Cam is self-conscious of her figure after the baby (which is a shame). She's dressing a bit differently, too. Yet from my point of view, she, Chelsea, Naomi, and Danni look about the same size, just distributed differently here and there. Same as how Kathryn's size works for Kathryn even if the clothes and hair don't always. The implants, well...if they make her happy, then good.

I did wonder if her reticence at answering Austen about the cost of her rental was because she's not the one paying for it. Bravo money or benefactor.

Eliza, we'll see. I did feel for her about her family situation...but then not so much about not getting invited to parties (I do realize there's a definite social high class set) and definitely not when she continued her on No Empathy track for Kathryn. Even if she doesn't like Kathryn as a person, she has to realize that what Cam was coaching her on made sense for anybody.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Lizzing said:

So this person who Craig has hired to help him in his pillow endeavour....she's not quite a personal assistant, but more like an office dominatrix, I guess?  She gets to tell him what to do, take no shit from him, be kinda mean about it, get paid, and not have sex with him, right?  If so, how does one go about getting such a job, because that seems like fun!

Let's start a consulting agency!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Chelsea's taste in men and interior design....yikes.   

-Also don't believe that Whitney and Katherine ever hooked up.  I don't necessarily think Whitney is gay, I think they all think it's a great storyline.  Weren't the first couple of seasons basically a slut shaming of Katherine?  She supposedly hooked up with Whitney, Shep, then T-Rav.  Craig crushed on her before knowing all this.  Then he slut shamed her at a party.

Chelsea talking about putting plastic where Shep sat was hilarious!

Good for Naomi on her apparent success.  Still don't like her tho.

• Love 6

I don't know why but I do not care for Chelsea. I know she portrays herself as a low drama 'guy's girl', and I'm sure she probably is. But she still annoys me. She's one of those 'I'm not like other girls' type of girls. Her slow drawl kind of has a whistle in it, with over pronounced s's, and it drives me insane and makes my eye twitch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Aim123 said:

sure she probably is. But she still annoys me. She's one of those 'I'm not like other girls' type of girls

One thing I enjoy about her is that she hasn’t said that, has a lot of female friends, and showed disdain for Ashley when she said she didn’t get along with other women. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Something occurred to me out of the blue.

If Gizmo belongs to Naomi's parents, why is she showing up with him?

Don't get me wrong, Gizmo is the best and any excuse for screen time is fine with me.

Maybe her parents are out of town?  Maybe she thinks she can create the tv magic that was Craig and Gizmo?  Although it was hilarious when he wanted nothing to do with her, I'd rather see him, Craig and a wheel barrow. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think Katherine is trying to "hide" in her clothes.  As said upthread, the other women are all soooo teeny-tiny this year, and super fit.  

Katherine is tall - very tall and has a larger bone structure than the other women.  With the extra weight, plus the ridiculous breast implants, she looks much bigger than the others, and I think that makes her feel insecure.  Sometimes, when someone is insecure about their size, they will buy ill-fitting or semi-loose clothing to try to "hide" within the clothes.

You’re right, she is very tall. She was towering over almost all of the women when she hugged them at that same party. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Maybe her parents are out of town?  Ma

They travel a ton because they go to France a lot. She has another very cute cat had sometimes fosters including an adorable kitten who had to wear diapers because he was paralyzed in his back legs.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Chelsea is my favorite and I am glad she has been on the show the last few years.  

They are totally trying to introduce Eliza as the new Kathryn.  When does the impressive family lineage die out though I wonder?  15th generation?  Okay then.

Does Kathryn's house have an outside space for the kids to play?  Is she really walking up and down those 4 flights of stairs?  The whole arrangement bothers me.

Cam has never been cool, she's a total dork. 

The ladies only eat on camera and then never any other time I swear. That's how they are staying so small. Some of them are in their mid 30's and the metabolism has to be slowing down.  They can't eat and drink all that heavy stuff and be so tiny.

• Love 7
(edited)

A funny part with Danni was when she walked into Chelsea's party and this funky, upbeat music started playing via the editors. I found it funny bc Danni (while she may be a good friend and sounding board for Kathryn et al) she's largely a no-storyline /no-value-added cast member. I don't mind her, but she does not warrant her entrance cuing- up the funky upbeat music. If anyone catches it again, take note.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

First time posting here! (although this is the first place I come first thing in the morning after a new episode airs)

Eliza really rubbed me the wrong way in the first episode, but after seeing the second one as well as all the articles and comments about her since last week, I find myself softening a little.  She's just a kid.  She doesn't see herself.  I'm in my late 40s, and I've reached the age where I look back at some of the things I said and did (and wore!) right out of college, and I absolutely cringe.  Everyone else on the show is so much older than she is (chronologically speaking, at least, maybe not always in maturity), and they can see what she's doing wrong from their vantage points, but she's not there yet, so of course she doesn't recognize it.  Sure, she should definitely know her manners by this point, but I can see her trying too hard for the cameras due that innate insecurity that comes with knowing you're out of your comfort zone and way out of your league.  That can make you behave badly without fully realizing it.

So I'm inclined to give her a break.  Hopefully what she says is true, and that she gets better as the season goes on.  If not, if she's back next season, this one will be a good lesson for her.

Just my two cents.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

I've always thought Cam was pretty, all the way back to when she was on the Real World. I don't get the Cam hate, she seems pretty harmless to me.

I literally only watched this show when I found out she was on it. Her season of The Real World was one of the last I even attempted to watch - and all I remember is that she loved vibrators, was goofy and that she and a dude named Randy (I think?) cracked me the hell up. She just seems like a more grown-up version of the goofball she was on The Real World. She hasn't always been perfect, but I think she's always been genuine. And maddeningly gorgeous. 

Even without Thomas, these men are looking rough. Shep looks like his insides are revolting, and like he's a few months pregnant. His skin looks gray. Austin's mouth has never been more obviously muppet-y, and Craig being an alleged lawyer but not knowing what a W-9 is makes him a little less attractive. 

Loved Chelsea's house, even the Blanche Deveroux wallpaper. 

Katherine is so beautiful, I don't know why she keeps insisting like dressing up like one of the Carringtons. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, cameron said:

Any clue to where Kathryn's rental is in South of Broad.  Can't place that street and I pretty much walk all of them.

They might be showing the exterior of some random home (with permission of course), as they often do on reality TV, to avoid stalkers.  The Kardashians have always done this....the exteriors of their homes are never their actual homes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I think Katheryn is a mess from head to toe.......the ridiculous, obviously fake boobs, the over the top red hair, her skin is broken out, her clothes are usually not appropriate for the occasion and her fuller figure would look better if she learned how to dress for it.  She is far too young to look this way.  She also isn't looking to put down roots for her kids if she is renting a pricey place with no yard (I am sure the courtyard is the only outdoor space), it is all about 'where' the house is, not if it is an actual good place for her kids.  I don't hate her but I am still not buying her big redemption arc.  The relationship with Patricia (IMO) is for the sake of the show, the one with Whitney - same.  I also do not understand given the past awful relationship she has had with Whitney and all the horrible things both he and his mother have said about her why on earth she would jump into bed with him if this is actually true......have some self respect. I always worry about the children of these reality stars who overshare their sex lives.....no child wants to hear about those things about their parents.                    

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

They might be showing the exterior of some random home (with permission of course), as they often do on reality TV, to avoid stalkers.  The Kardashians have always done this....the exteriors of their homes are never their actual homes.

I will have to expand my walk area to see if the place is really in the SOB area.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, Sooner Smiles said:

Cam’s been defending Eliza on Instagram talking about how sweet she is, but here’s my problem. She has a total lack of empathy and understanding of the situation she has created. Imagine someone came on the show and talked about how Eliza’s father and his mistress were like family to them and how they hadn’t done anything to this person so they were still close with the father and mistress. Then this same person goes on to spread damaging gossip about about her mother. If this person were to then confront Eliza with a “I don’t understand why there’s a problem with us?” How do we think Eliza would act? Then if Eliza went off on this person about how hurtful the whole situation was with her family only to be told “everyone has had hard times in life.” What then? Would Eliza be open to be around this person and having a friendship with them? I don’t think so. It’s not a perfect analogy, but there’s no way Eliza would be cool to someone like that so I don’t know why she thinks Katherine would be cool with her.  I’m not cool with her either. At least for now.

If I may address a possibility as to your question about Eliza, I wonder if the reason that Eliza is so cool and expects others to be cool is that is what she was told to do, PLUS, she may think that what she said about Kathryn was appropriate and true.  If she described poor parenting, instability or negligence, because it was true and she thought the children's welfare was at stake, then, maybe, she doesn't feel bad about it.  She may consider the children's welfare everyone's business.  And, Kathryn has admitted herself that she has struggled.  It was even shown on the show last season when she was so depressed that she couldn't get out of bed, didn't show up to work and refused phone calls from her tv friends. One might wonder how she's caring for kids in that state, so........IDK.  Just a possibility. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, cameron said:

I will have to expand my walk area to see if the place is really in the SOB area.

I'm dying to visit Charleston!  I had a trip planned out last year, and I googled all of their homes, and I was going to do a self-guided walking tour, of the homes, the bars & restaurants where they hang out, Shep's bar (The Palace?), Gwynn's.....oh, and all the historical Charleston stuff, lol.

I had to cancel that trip, but I'll re-book it when I can.

Yes, poor Katherine needs stylist help, stat.  Beautiful girl, and she's not overweight by normal standards, but around these girls who disappear when they turn sideways, she overpowers them, plus her clothing looks like it ate her.

Not to mention that these other girls all look so much more natural.  Naomie, Chelsea, Danni (well bleached hair, but still)....they just don't dip themselves into a gallon of makeup and hairspray.  So Katherine stands out way too much, but not in a flattering way.  Bless her heart.  🙂

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Sooner Smiles said:

I don’t know. After listening to Eliza explain her situation she mostly seems upset she isn’t invited to parties anymore. (Did anybody else catch that?)

• Love 8

Katherine could use a hair makeover for sure. It is way too red. Why does she part it WAY over on the side like that? It looks odd. 

All of the other women are SO slim. Cam is just as skinny as before baby. Chelsea, Naomi and Danni are ultra skinny too. Did Naomi get her boobs done? She looked braless and very perky at Chelsea's house party.

• Love 1

Home Team BBQ's tater tots are awesome.  I have no idea what the hell Shep is talking about.  

I swear, I only keep watching this mess of a show to play the "spot the Charleston-area locale" game.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 8:53 PM, heatherchandler said:

Because she is awful.  And her "business" ...L'ABEYE  it is pronounced "labia" yes?

That's exactly what I was trying to figure out...sure seems like it would be pronounced LABIA!!!! I find her insufferable.  When she was in the parking lot chasing Gizmo around, I wondered if she was going into a waxing salon that was trying to be cheeky with it's name!

Edited by nr65000
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They hang out all the time even when not filming. 

I wonder why would anyone even be friends with Shep at this point. Maybe he pays for their lunches and beers? He's only shown to be a shitty friend. Even when he was ribbing Danni about her new boyfriend - even if they're friends, god, the only things he can say are outright shitty things. He's got shit for brains.

I LOL'ed at his indignation about his good friend looking like a clown around town because Madison cheated on him, when he had no qualms whatsoever telling said friend to his face that he's too poor to be even considered a serious competition for him and Ravenel when it comes to women just two seasons ago. 

• Love 5
(edited)

They make Charleston look awesome, but, I have quite a few friends who went there for their honeymoon and none of them were that ecstatic about it.  They said, yeah, it's nice, but, not much to do. ( I know it's their honeymoon, but, most of these were couples who had lived together for years before marriage.) They said it's not what they expected.  I guess there's more to do it if you know the place well. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t know. After listening to Eliza explain her situation she mostly seems upset she isn’t invited to parties anymore. (Did anybody else catch that?)

Yes, I thought that, as well.  She seemed upset that she couldn't have her "debut" - I was wondering why not?  

I mean, couldn't one of her parents have thrown that debut party for her, if their relationship was so broken (which I can understand).  

It's not the 1700-1800's anymore - just because a marriage breaks up (albeit horribly and played out in the local press), doesn't mean that the rest of society or your friends would completely shun you.  Even in Charleston, I can't see this happening - freakin' Thomas Ravenel seemed to still be pretty high in the social standings after his first jail time and other improprieties.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, nr65000 said:

sure seems like it would be pronounced LABIA!!!! I

What words that end in ye are pronounced like that?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Could someone explain what Shep said about homeless people?  I must have missed it.  Thank you.

And when did Kathryn get breast implants?  During hiatus?

Shep was sitting down to a meal with Danni and he said that they could just give the food that they didn't eat to homeless people.

And then he goes--all Spicoli-"Wait!  Are there still homeless people!"*

I thought it was actually funny in a dark way, seeing as how homelessness is becoming a huge problem in many metropolitan areas, escpecially on the west coast.  It's all over the news.

It wasn't a very "classic Shep" comment.  More "nouvea Shep."

*This is how I remember it happening when I watched two days ago.  I am sure someone will correct me if I have a detail wrong.

-------------------------------

FWIW, I had no idea Kathryn had breast implants either.

• Love 1

There was just an interview with Lisa Kudrow talking about feeling like “a mountain of a woman” when she’d watch “Friends” because she was so much bigger than Aniston and Cox and she could never figure out how to dress to de-emphasize the difference.  I feel like Katherine is dealing with that.  

But I also think Katherine is consciously dressing in a more matronly way.  That dress she wore to Pat’s dinner, with the high collar and elephant print, looked like something Pat herself would wear (minus the keyhole cut-out).  Katherine is no longer in the ingenue stage of life, like most of the other girls are (even if they are older).  I think she is mindful that, given her past and “reputation”, showing up in a backless crop-top is going to read very differently for her than it does for Naomi, regardless of weight.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They make Charleston look awesome, but, I have quite a few friends who went there for their honeymoon and none of them were that ecstatic about it.  They said, yeah, it's nice, but, not much to do. ( I know it's their honeymoon, but, most of these were couples who had lived together for years before marriage.) They said it's not what they expected.  I guess there's more to do it if you know the place well. 

Something that might not be apparent--or maybe it is?--from the show is how small downtown Charleston is.  A lot of what you see on the show is not on the peninsula, but outlying areas like Mount Pleasant, Isle of Palms, West Ashley. 

Another Charleston fun fact: Traffic is also atrocious because there's only one way in and out of the peninsula.   Even the backroads are clogged up these days.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5