Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Kat's Out of the Bag

• Start Topic

Talking about your father's affair and how hard it's been on your social life...yeah, hard to muster a lot of sympathy there. Eliza definitely doesn't have a way with words, lol.

$6600 in monthly rent is not good money management. I can't say that I've made the best choices with my money in my 20s, but I also didn't have 2 kids to support.

There's no way Craig can only make 10 pillows a week. And maybe an easy way to up your production number is to maybe get up early in the morning like the average person does.

I feel conflicted about Naiomi's little pearls of wisdom about getting up to work. She has a very romanticized idea of working and a career and while I think it's great that she doesn't want to sit on daddy's money while she drinks smoothies and does yoga all day, I also think she comes from a place of privilege that she doesn't seem to really grasp. Her work ethic may be her own but her lifestyle and business ventures seem largely intertwined with her parents money and this romantic idea of having a career and owning a business comes from the fact that she didn't have to work her ass off to build that equity and even if she fails, she has a lot to fall back on. Most people don't and so while most are motivated by survival, she seems motivated by having the 'label' of being a career-woman.

Good for Chelsea - her home seems very much like her and it really does seem like it was a labour of love for her. Also, I'm really glad Craig didn't bring her a pillow as a house warming gift, haha.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, scrb said:

Now that she's on TV?

Was this guy around when she, her mother and siblings fell on hard times?

Thank you.  

I have an in-law like Chelsea: "I'm a daddy's girl!" , "My daddy's my best friend!", "No man can compare to my daddy!".  

You mean the guy who was nowhere to be found while your mother struggled to feed, clothes and house you and your siblings?  Yeah, he's a real peach.

Edited by ninjago
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Chelsie’s place is adorable, as are she and Tyson. I’m uber impressed at all the work she did herself—renovating a house is no joke! That  bedroom wallpaper and decor wasn’t really my style, but if she loves it, that’s all that matters. 

Her boyfriend is a hottie and they’re a very cute couple. But yeah, the dipping isn’t sexy—it’s nasty. Some of my friends’ husbands dip and theres nothing more disgusting than finding their “spit cup” the next morning after a party. 🤢

On 5/24/2019 at 3:01 PM, ProudMary said:

Dustin Waters' column is up.

Confessions of a Southern Charm Newbie: Housewarmings and Peer Mediation

Edited to add: While I wasn't all that impressed with last week's review, this one is repeatedly, laugh-out-loud funny. 

Oh thank you for this—I loved his recaps last season, but had forgotten about them. He makes me laugh out loud. 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:54 PM, Thumper said:

Could someone explain what Shep said about homeless people?  I must have missed it.  Thank you.

And when did Kathryn get breast implants?  During hiatus?

It was after last season filmed but before the reunion. Andy of course was grilling her about them.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:47 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

Katherine had the implants at the last reunion because Andy Cohen (of course) commented on them.  

The problem was summed up best by, of all people, Tamara Judge of RHoOC. She said that when you get big implants you're wearing Size 16 tops and size 8 pants.  "You can't wear your cute little tops anymore because they don't fit.  And once you're into plus-size clothing, your choices are more limited and they tend to be too big around the waist and hips."  She had hers reduced.  

Katherine is definitely shopping at Catherine's Stout Shop.  You can look great in larger sizes (look at Olivia Davis and those actresses dressed by Christian Soriano) but she isn't looking great or shopping right.

Kathryn seems to have a similar issue as Katie on Vanderpump Rules. Although K is taller and bustier, they’re both “normal sized” women who are surrounded by friends/co-stars who are all size 0-2. And neither seems to really know how to dress well for their body type. Kathryn especially is making some dreadful fashion choice this year. (Although she looks gorgeous in that talking head where she’s wearing her hair back—you can just tell she was professionally coifed and styled there!)

That said, I’m confident that if we saw Kathryn IRL - not surrounded by those teeny-tiny women like Danni and Naomi  - we’d see that she’s nowhere near a “plus sized” women—even with the larger breasts. 

On 5/25/2019 at 2:16 AM, For Cereals said:

I think wasn’t it Brad?  The episode where he has to go to lock up for the night and calls the house drunk?  Something to the effect, “I’m in jail...I’m locked up beyotch.”  Pure comedy!  

The men...gross.  It’s bad when Craig and Whitney are your best options...

FREE BRAD!!

That was such a hilarious episode, and a great season overall. Randy was more of the laid back stoner housemate. Cam was really immature back then, but so, so pretty—and still is, very much so.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ninjago said:

Thank you.  

I have an in-law like Chelsea: "I'm a daddy's girl!" , "My daddy's my best friend!", "No man can compare to my daddy!".  

You mean the guy who was nowhere to be found while your mother struggled to feed, clothes and house you and your siblings?  Yeah, he's a real peach.

Chelsea’s Dad was around, last season she talked about driving halfway to Atlanta every other weekend growing up. Her Dad lived in Atlanta, they’d meet half way at a Hooters, she talked about how the staff knew all of their names. Both parents seemed to have struggled, nothing wrong with that, at least they taught her the value of a dollar and that hard work pays off. Something a few others on this cast have no grasp on...

• Love 11

Listening to Shep regale the “ boys” with his story of losing his date on his drunken bike ride, sounded rather macabre. He found it hilarious that someone just disappeared and could have been seriously injured. He  believes his own Bravo story - that he’s so cute and charming that he can get away with treating women shabbily.  Sadly, he’s aging poorly and his real personality is slipping out on camera.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Listening to Shep regale the “ boys” with his story of losing his date on his drunken bike ride, sounded rather macabre. He found it hilarious that someone just disappeared and could have been seriously injured. He  believes his own Bravo story - that he’s so cute and charming that he can get away with treating women shabbily.  Sadly, he’s aging poorly and his real personality is slipping out on camera.

Craig really endeared himself to me during Shep's story. Craig blurting out "Oh my god!", when Shep said he lost the girl on the bike ride and then he just ended up coming back home solo. You could see that Craig was truly horrified that Shep would just cycle back home, abandoning his search for his "date". 

• Love 10

Isn't Kathryn like 6 feet tall? I remember I went to school with someone who was that tall and she hated to say she was 6'. So she would say she is 5'12".

also, I love Chelsea's wall paper. I just love all the green in her house. It reminds me of being on vacation. I like how she said how many hair cuts it took her to buy that house.

• Love 5
On 5/23/2019 at 11:17 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

And, Chelsea must really be desperate, if she is pretending to LOVE her man dipping! 

I know a guy who dipped and he had girlfriend who was turned on by it and even made out with him doing it. Those girls (and prolly some guys!) do exist.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2019 at 6:47 PM, RHJunkie said:

I feel conflicted about Naiomi's little pearls of wisdom about getting up to work. She has a very romanticized idea of working and a career and while I think it's great that she doesn't want to sit on daddy's money while she drinks smoothies and does yoga all day, I also think she comes from a place of privilege that she doesn't seem to really grasp. Her work ethic may be her own but her lifestyle and business ventures seem largely intertwined with her parents money and this romantic idea of having a career and owning a business comes from the fact that she didn't have to work her ass off to build that equity and even if she fails, she has a lot to fall back on. Most people don't and so while most are motivated by survival, she seems motivated by having the 'label' of being a career-woman.

You may have nailed what bothers me about Naomie (along with her name spelling). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Naomi got an MBA from some commuter school?

But I guess she'd rather be on TV than actually do some boring business job.

I think she's an only child right?

She really doesn't need a career, she's going to inherit a lot.  If nothing else her parents can put her in the family business.

Good for Naomi for getting an MBA but she hasn't had the struggles many have because of her parents. Such as having to take out loans, having to work out payment plan until the financial aid kicks in, having to work to feed yourself and others thus not being able to take a full load of classes thus getting said MBA takes longer.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Good for Naomi for getting an MBA but she hasn't had the struggles many have because of her parents. Such as having to take out loans, having to work out payment plan until the financial aid kicks in, having to work to feed yourself and others thus not being able to take a full load of classes thus getting said MBA takes longer.

So she is like many many many people it’s not like she is claiming that she had it hard. All her male costars for example except for Craig who doesn’t appear to have her work ethic and went to a crazy sketchy law school.

Edited by biakbiak
(edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, njbchlover said:

I mean, couldn't one of her parents have thrown that debut party for her, if their relationship was so broken (which I can understand).  

No, it doesn't work like that. There's a committee that handles the debut, you are invited to make your debut at a ball, there's a bunch of activities that surround the ball and "launch" you into society as an adult. If you are a certain part of society it's expected that you'll be part of it. You don't do it on your own, it's not like a sweet 16 or a 21st birthday party. I would guess her parents burned some bridges, had some public fights, and the social powers that be were signaling their disapproval. It is a very old-fashioned and stuffy process.

This episode was kind of boring? I guess they brought in Eliza to jazz things up, but I wish they would find another man because we're in a bit of man-drought here. I love Shep and wish he would get it together, but he's had season after season of no growth or real story. Basically same with all of them except that Shep at least entertains me.  I wonder why the dropped the Shep/Kathryn angle they were hinting at the end of last season?

It's hard for me to believe that anything really happened with Kathryn and Whitney. It's even weirder that if it did happen, no one is worried that Patricia will find out and be angry that Kathryn is social climbing on her son. Which makes me think Kathryn is being used as a beard.

I am willing to give Eliza a chance. As someone said upthread, she is young and not self-aware. I had a huge mouth in my 20's. (...I still do when I drink too much!)  Her intro to the group feels a little produced and not-organic but they needed something. 

I like Cameron a lot, but yes, she is flailing with nothing to do here. She doesn't want to involve her family in the show-kudos to that, but it reduces her to the listener for everyone else's lives. Restore an old house. Start really selling real estate. Throw some big parties. She needs to DO something to be more interesting, I think.

Edited by Heathrowe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

So she is like many many many people it’s not like she is claiming that she had it hard. All her male costars for example except for Craig who doesn’t appear to have her work ethic and went to a crazy sketchy law school.

I don't think you can get through law school and pass the bar without solid work ethic. I think the evolution of Craig is something that is quite relatable to be honest - someone who worked to achieve a goal and it wasn't until they were near the end of that goal did they finally let themselves acknowledge that they were chasing something that they weren't sure fulfilled them. I do think the show gave Craig the luxury to re-assess his situation and maybe put it on pause which is something that a lot of people aren't afforded, but he completed the process and will have law to fall back on when he likely realizes that no matter how much you enjoy doing something, turning it into a career is going to carry a level of burden and stress that will not be enjoyable. I think Craig may be caught up in that saying 'do what you love and never work a day in your life' but he has yet to figure out that the truth in that has a lot to do with your mental outlook. It seems Craig wants to stumble into that passion but I don't think he will. He may have to learn some hard lessons before he finally gets it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think you can get through law school and pass the bar without solid work ethic. I

I know several people who did make it through law school without a solid work ethic and they went to a lot better schools than Craig’s that is barely accredited.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I know several people who did make it through law school without a solid work ethic and they went to a lot better schools than Craig’s that is barely accredited.

By whose standard? If it's their own admission, then fair enough but I think Craig did once describe his time in law school as hard work and the time commitment required. Unless someone bought their way through school or is so naturally gifted that they had to dedicate little to no time in their achievements, I'm personally inclined to give someone the benefit of the doubt in saying they had reasonable work ethic to have pulled through. Not everyone is suited for those studying or kinds of testing and maybe Craig didn't bury his head in a book 24/7 studying and it was made to seem like he wasn't committed or working hard but I wouldn't hold it against someone because they didn't have to take the exact same measures as the person next to them in order to achieve similar results. Just a personal take though. I have called out Craig's laziness and flightiness in sorting out life particularly a few seasons ago so I don't have any interest or stake in defending his general sense of work ethic, lol - I'm just acknowledging that his completion of studies and becoming a lawyer is, to me, evidence of him being able to see something through to the end.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

fair enough but I think Craig did once describe his time in law school as hard work and the time commitment required. Unless someone bought their way through school or is so na

Some by admission and some by observation. Craig actually said that law school and test taking was very easy for him. Of course he also bragged about being an excellent liar. It can also not be stated enough that his law school wS extremely shitty so I imagine it was fairly easy to half ass it as evidence by the lenience shown when he didn’t turn in his thesis and actually graduate many schools wouldn’t have allowed him off the hook so easily.

• Love 2
On 5/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, Sterling said:

I'm dying to visit Charleston!  I had a trip planned out last year, and I googled all of their homes, and I was going to do a self-guided walking tour, of the homes, the bars & restaurants where they hang out, Shep's bar (The Palace?), Gwynn's.....oh, and all the historical Charleston stuff, lol.

I had to cancel that trip, but I'll re-book it when I can

I went many many years ago (way before this show was even a thing) and i LOVED it so much. I so badly want to go back again.  My aunt and uncle lived near there for a couple of years.  

On 5/24/2019 at 2:52 PM, ninjago said:

But I also think Katherine is consciously dressing in a more matronly way.  That dress she wore to Pat’s dinner, with the high collar and elephant print, looked like something Pat herself would wear (minus the keyhole cut-out).  

She's always seemed to dress more 'mature' after she landed Thomas. I feel like in her head she thinks that's how someone of high status should dress (not that she is... but wants to be...) and her choices just usually don't work well for her body type. 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, AttackTurtle said:

Craig is a very good looking guy; unfortunately he ruins it when he opens his mouth.   I don’t fault him for not actively pursuing the legal business.  I’ve done it.  It sucks and if I had a back-up I’d have jumped at it in a heartbeat.  

I think if this show never happened Craig would have went and became a lawyer.  We know he gets distracted easily and the filming gave him a MAJOR distraction and for a little while he was torn between doing something new and fun and doing what he thought he should be doing (the lawyer stuff).  He probably didn't want to disappoint his parents if he didn't finish what he started. 

On 5/25/2019 at 10:38 AM, RedHawk said:

Is the point of Craig’s pillows that Craig actually sews them? I might possibly have the teeniest tiniest desire to spend money for a Craig-sewn pillow, but I would not buy one that he had basically nothing to do with other than picking out some fabric.

I would totally buy a Craig pillow!  I bought a Snookie (from jersey shore) coffee cup that was sooooo over priced lol 

I would also love to buy one of Dani's prints, just waiting for the right one. 

• Love 1
On 5/26/2019 at 7:33 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

thought she meant chewing tabaco.

So did I think it was chewing tobacco.  What is it anyhow?  The thought of whatever it is makes me gag.  Chelsea is the kind of girl that likes all those things a man does.  A real Tom/boy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

So did I think it was chewing tobacco.  What is it anyhow?  The thought of whatever it is makes me gag.  Chelsea is the kind of girl that likes all those things a man does.  A real Tom/boy.

I think dipping is where they stick the Tobacco in their cheek. Idk, I thought that is  what chewing tobacco was too. Lol, like I said Idk, it's all gross. I'm shocked anyone would find that sexy.  

I had a sort of friend in high school whose older boyfriend chewed/dipped. They gave me a ride somewhere once and he kept spitting this brown spit in a cup. It took everything in me not vomit.  I was trying to stifle the gagging lol. 

Even my friend didnt say it was sexy , she said it grossed her out at first but she got used to it.  I'm gagging thinking of that cup.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think dipping is where they stick the Tobacco in their cheek. Idk, I thought that is  what chewing tobacco was too. Lol, like I said Idk, it's all gross. I'm shocked anyone would find that sexy.  

I had a sort of friend in high school whose older boyfriend chewed/dipped. They gave me a ride somewhere once and he kept spitting this brown spit in a cup. It took everything in me not vomit.  I was trying to stifle the gagging lol. 

Even my friend didnt say it was sexy , she said it grossed her out at first but she got used to it.  I'm gagging thinking of that cup.

Haha, me too.  Now I get it.  It’s what the cowboys did on the trail.  Stuff it in your mouth in one of your cheeks and then spit it out.  Gross.  How could she want to kiss him? Lol.  Plus, how could she just see him once in awhile for the next three years and just text or e mail him?  Times are wasting.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2019 at 6:19 PM, biakbiak said:

Her parents divorced when she was very young, it was her stepfather who passed away when she was 8 or 9 and than they struggled financially after that and that is the house she visited.

If I understood correctly, the "stepfather" wasn't actually married to her mother, which is why they had to move out of the home and didn't receive any financial support upon his death.  Guessing he had his own children from a previous marriage or something, and they weren't sharing.

On May 24, 2019 at 2:01 PM, ProudMary said:

Dustin Waters' column is up.

Confessions of a Southern Charm Newbie: Housewarmings and Peer Mediation

Edited to add: While I wasn't all that impressed with last week's review, this one is repeatedly, laugh-out-loud funny. 

@ProudMary.  Many thanks for linking the DW column.

This following section alone makes it worth reading.

So to reiterate: An adult person with a job and all the experience of life decided that I, an 11-year-old with zero experience in licensed professional counseling, was the best person to explain sexual propriety and social norms to three five-year-olds. 

I don't remember exactly what I told them, but I can guarantee two things: A) It was definitely not the right thing to say, and (B) at least one of those kids now has a scrapbook full of severed nipples. They've killed and they'll kill again. That's my fault. It's fine.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:10 PM, Sun-Bun said:

So I’m trying my best to get into this season so far. I’m just not there yet...watching them shotgunning beers in Chelsea’s backyard was like a really sad flashback of the mess that was SC Savannah. Sorry, but I miss seeing the juxtaposition of older rich/gross Southern dudes attempting to hang out with the younger set; it was a weird yet oddly watchable dynamic. I don’t watch this show to see chicks getting pedicures in gross Asian nail spas, drawling about how sexy they find guys who dip and drive pickup trucks, and to watch shitty backyard drinking games; I watch this for real estate porn, drunken humor, elegant events and old money shit like catered dinner parties in plantations, historic mansions and polo matches. And Shep is officially the new T-Rav, only a grosser, less-polished model; sad to think that Thomas actually aged much better than Shep apparently will.

Two episodes into this season and I fear the shark is dangerously close to being jumped. 

This is how I feel, too.  This season is doing nothing for me.  The shitty backyard drinking games was awful and not in a funny way.

• Love 5

Kathryn has officially reached idiot status. $6600 rent per month?? My God, who’s paying that? Her parents don’t have money, their house is run down and she doesn’t have a dime of Thomas’ money. She will be broke if she doesn’t find a rich boyfriend soon. She doesn’t need a house that big. Four floors????? Geez! She could buy a house for less money per month. She’s paying $79,200 per year in money that goes straight down the drain. She must think this show is going to last forever.

Cam is getting boring. The entire show has grown stale. 

• Love 3
On 5/31/2019 at 9:10 PM, izabella said:

So I’m trying my best to get into this season so far. I’m just not there yet...watching them shotgunning beers in Chelsea’s backyard was like a really sad flashback of the mess that was SC Savannah. Sorry, but I miss seeing the juxtaposition of older rich/gross Southern dudes attempting to hang out with the younger set; it was a weird yet oddly watchable dynamic. I don’t watch this show to see chicks getting pedicures in gross Asian nail spas, drawling about how sexy they find guys who dip and drive pickup trucks, and to watch shitty backyard drinking games; I watch this for real estate porn, drunken humor, elegant events and old money shit like catered dinner parties in plantations, historic mansions and polo matches. And Shep is officially the new T-Rav, only a grosser, less-polished model; sad to think that Thomas actually aged much better than Shep apparently will.

Two episodes into this season and I fear the shark is dangerously close to being jumped. 

Oh Yes exactly.  I want to see the old south, their customs, all the scenery, historic places ( there must be hundreds of them) and anything Charleston is noted for.  The only thing I am liking is Patricia and her dinner parties with the table settings and the balls they have when they dress to the hilt.  We had enough of these lame stories about pillows and beers and girl lunches.  It’s boring now.  This show needs a major makeover.  Katherine is not interesting anymore without Thomas.  In fact, she’s acting dumb sleeping around with anybody.

• Love 4
On 6/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn has officially reached idiot status. $6600 rent per month?? My God, who’s paying that? Her parents don’t have money, their house is run down and she doesn’t have a dime of Thomas’ money. She will be broke if she doesn’t find a rich boyfriend soon. She doesn’t need a house that big. Four floors????? Geez! She could buy a house for less money per month. She’s paying $79,200 per year in money that goes straight down the drain. She must think this show is going to last forever.

Cam is getting boring. The entire show has grown stale. 

Are we sure she’s actually paying $6,600 per month, and that she has a 1-year lease? As much as she says she’s “putting down roots”, I wonder if it’s a house rented only for filming the show and she got a discounted rent. Maybe a house that for some reason wasn’t selling. She wanted to be shown finally getting her house South of Broad. Doesn’t matter that it’s totally not kid-friendly, it’s short term. Perhaps she also has privacy concerns and doesn’t want her actual home location known.