Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

Do I have to send Joy a tweet about what she said about some women shouldn't be wearing leggings?  A couple years ago a FB friend liked a post written by a man criticizing certain women wearing leggings.  I commented on the post telling the man it was none of his business who wore leggings and he needed to keep his thoughts to himself.  Not surprisingly he didn't like my comment.  Very surprisingly there were women who didn't like my comment and told me to mind my own business.

I think any parent who is taking their child to school should be applauded no matter what they are wearing.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

There are two parts to this:

As someone who doesn't have children, I recognize that I can't fully appreciate the ebbs and flows of child-rearing the way a mother can, but it's also something that many mothers are quick to point out to people who don't have children, especially if the childless person is sharing opinions that are specific to child-rearing. Even though I practically help raise my younger siblings (the youngest is 15 years younger than me), I'm not a mother so I still feel like I need to preface any opinions I have by first acknowledging my reality that I don't have the full motherhood experience and therefore,  I am not speaking as an expert or with judgment. So I don't really think anything of Meghan prefacing her comments on children with pointing out that she's childless.

The second part to this is when she says stupid shit like she's not a fully formed woman because she hasn't had a child. I don't believe that she gets enough comments like that to really stand out and leave an impression. I think she just uses it as an excuse to cover for the fact that she said something stupid and realized it as soon as the words left her mouth OR when someone pushes back and makes it obvious that she just said something stupid. 

And i forget who the guest was, maybe KG, and MM said something to the effect she felt she couldnt say she was a feminist because her party frowned on it??? Wtf? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I'm hoping that the producers will have a serious talk with Meghan prior to tomorrow's show, and that they threaten to cut her mic if she doesn't let the other women speak and ask questions of her "Uncle Joe".  

The show has that clear cylindrical thing where you grab flying money; it should be sound-proofed and Meghan should be locked in there for the entire show, with her mic turned on only when it is her turn to speak for Republicans.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Anybody remember when MM said she would have to quit if Biden ran because she liked him too much and wouldn't be able to do her job?.....

On the other hand, I don't quite get this argument. If you are there to represent a conservative viewpoint based on policy, then there's no personal conflict. She can like Biden and still disagree with him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, schroeder said:

She can like Biden and still disagree with him. 

But she can't. Meghan only likes people who agree with her.

She only started her love for him because his son had the same cancer as her father.  Did Meghan have any love for Joe Biden in 2008?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Do I have to send Joy a tweet about what she said about some women shouldn't be wearing leggings?  A couple years ago a FB friend liked a post written by a man criticizing certain women wearing leggings.  I commented on the post telling the man it was none of his business who wore leggings and he needed to keep his thoughts to himself.  Not surprisingly he didn't like my comment.  Very surprisingly there were women who didn't like my comment and told me to mind my own business.

I think any parent who is taking their child to school should be applauded no matter what they are wearing.  

Leggings are comfortable and fine to wear most places. But, if you are a certain age, shape, size, (like myself) you would be wise to wear a longer tunic or shirt with your leggings.

But making rules about how parents dress is ridiculous. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Absolutely no mention of Megaphone McCain’s absence.  Hmmm.

At the very end of the show Whoopi mentioned that the Pitbull segment was filmed earlier this week and that MM was out sick.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, falltime said:

😂😂😂 Abby finding toilet paper at the bottom of her sweatpants

That made me like Abby more than anything else she's said or done all year. 

• LOL 6

Yesterday they glossed right over Nutmeg's absence.   One of them very quickly and casually at some point said, "Meghan's out sick today".   I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it today.   Something happened.  Either she got a time-out or she's pitching a little fit.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, schroeder said:

Anybody remember when MM said she would have to quit if Biden ran because she liked him too much and wouldn't be able to do her job?.....

On the other hand, I don't quite get this argument. If you are there to represent a conservative viewpoint based on policy, then there's no personal conflict. She can like Biden and still disagree with him.

I specifically remember that.... I’ve been holding onto it! I was excited to hear that Biden was running for two reasons.  I like him and think he would be an excellent scrapper with Trump and—-  Meghan has to quit her job!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I apologize if this is getting too OT, but I am a woman around Meghan’s age, and while I am by no means Meghan’s biggest fan, I understand why she’s defensive when motherhood is brought up.

People tend to see women who are mothers as superior to childless women. Mothers are seen as more noble, selfless, kind, nurturing, etc. A lot of people judge childless women as selfish, immature, cold, and uncaring. The attitude can be “How dare you not have kids? Your parents deserve grandchildren!”

I know many mothers who got pregnant in the first place because they were irresponsible, don’t look after their kids as they should, are abusive, just not the best people. Yet everyone gushes over everything about them and the whole process-gender reveal parties, baby showers, baby bumps, breastfeeding, etc. I’ve known career women who’ve busted their butts to make something of themselves, and their best friends didn’t bother to show up at their graduation ceremonies, no gifts, nothing. I personally think all big moments need to be celebrated-not just marriage and babies. 

People don’t push parenthood as much on men, but I’ve also heard people say “there is something wrong with people who don’t have children,” or “when you’re a parent, you’ll understand” very condescendingly to both men and women.

One of my friends has been trying to have a baby for awhile now, and people judge her for it not having happened yet. The poor girl has had a hard time getting pregnant, and she’s had a lot of insensitive comments made to her. 

Some people simply don’t want kids. Some have had horrible childhoods, and sexual trauma in particular can have a lot of effects on how a woman feels about pregnancy. 

What I do find interesting is that a lot of the anti feminists are the ones who really praise motherhood and believe society is against mothers and that mothers don’t get enough praise. They think feminism is the reason for a lot of today’s problems.  Meghan doesn’t like to call herself a feminist, but I think her view on motherhood is feminist. It should be a choice, not something you have to do to be a complete woman. 

To me shaming childless women is just as bad as shaming women whose dream is to be a stay at home mom, and I don’t think one has to be a parent to have good points on parenthood. 

As someone who also has no kids, I got my fair share of side eye from some people but who cares.  I think it is awesome when someone knows what they are and are not cut out for in life whether that is having or not having kids.  Meghan needs to not care what people think about her personal decisions.  

I enjoyed the show yesterday sans MM.  But jesus Abby is dumb AF.  The comment about the WHCD where she said they can play a 10-minute clip of every commentator that came out saying he’s a Russian spy … Then walk out on stage and say, ‘I’m still here.'”?  Bless her heart she still doesn't understand what the Mueller report says does she?  Then there was the Reagan comment.  OY!  Is it too much to ask for an intelligent conservative being on the panel full time?  

• Love 11
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Leggings are comfortable and fine to wear most places. But, if you are a certain age, shape, size, (like myself) you would be wise to wear a longer tunic or shirt with your leggings.

My kids walked to grade school and in junior high I drove them on the way to work so not to up on the drop off of today.  I have been to grandkids grade school programs  and some mothers are dressed with cleavage hanging out and skirts so short you can’t sit down. 

I am in Las Vegas right now and can’t take in all the grotesque fashion decisions. Would I tell anyone ? No. I guess it’s not my business but wonder if the 4 and 6 year old are getting distorted views. Leggings showing every dimple and so much lack of foundation support. ( my pet peeve) 

Can not  be said enough what a different show it is with MM MIA. 

I am old and don’t listen to Pit Bulls music but have always found him likable. 

I really want to slap MM when she said she’s rather hear Einstein Lees opinion rather than Joys. Yet she hogs every political guests segment blathering on with her perceived gotcha questions. What a pleasure to have her gone from the table. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I am old and don’t listen to Pit Bulls music but have always found him likable. 

I wouldn't recognize any of his music, but if I had the money and the time, I'd see a life show.  I bet he WORKS IT !!!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I really want to slap MM when she said she’s rather hear Einstein Lees opinion rather than Joys.

I'd rather listen to Cartman* for a straight week than The Princess of Arizona for ten minutes three minutes.

*The devious little criminal mind himself: 

Cartman.jpg.700e53e36ddd3c66fbde499281044bf6.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think she could possibly be on a time out because of her behavior.

We should BE so lucky!   If she's on a time-out, I hope it's because someone gave her a stern talking-to and she's on a pity-party-strike...thinking she's punishing Disney, ABC, her coworkers, politics, and US!   (Maniacal laughter)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kirsten wants what she wants and to hell with everybody else..

Is she a White Privileged female who has been able to get ahead because she's so pretty...and blonde?  The Homecoming Queen, Miss America, American Dream.  Maybe she just doesn't know any different.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think she could possibly be on a time out because of her behavior.  There hasn't been any "Meghan, we hope you feel better soon."  Or, much acknowledgement that she's not there.  Or, any indication that they care if they ever see her again. Granted most of us don't want to ever see her again, but, still.

Oh please. This is like her 456789201111th Time Out, if it is one. It's getting wearisome and Tiresome.

• Love 11

I have a feeling she’ll be there to speak with Uncle Joe. Now hopefully she’ll allow someone else to get a word in edgewise  

I like Pitbull too. He seems like a really great guy. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Except Meghan is for forced birth and thinks that having abortion is infanticide so no, nothing feminist about Meg's stance on motherhood.

I don't have children and I agree with your points. The problem with people like Meg-she supports a party that thinks that contraception equals abortion, but wants to remain childless herself. 

Which is weird, because a decade ago she used to talk about how important contraception was as a way to NOT get pregnant and therefore NOT need to have an abortion, despite being against abortion herself. I also specifically remember her being interviewed on Larry King Live 10 years ago and saying it wasn't her or anyone else's place to dictate what someone did with their pregnancy (again, despite it not thinking abortion was an option for herself). 

Oh wait, that was when she was trying to a cool young moderate Republican.

(Think Mean Girls: "I'm not a regular Republican, I'm a COOL Republican."

"Please stop talking.")

Silly me, LMAO. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 9

I was laughing during the conversation about a dress code for parents. Trust me. One is needed. 

When I was a kid my mom was part of the neighborhood carpool (one week for each of the 7 moms and then start again). Some of the mothers drove us there while wearing their nightgowns and slippers with their hair in rollers. My mother, on the other hand was fully dressed with hair and makeup done. Her reasoning?  “if for some reason I get pulled over, I want to at least look sane.”

...and this is probably why I never leave the house (even to take out the garbage!) without makeup on.  I always assume there’s a film crew nearby. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I enjoy seeing how well Abby gets along with the other ladies.

With the exception of the "current" reigning harpie, most of the Republican co-hosts got along well with the other ladies.  Nicole, Ana, Paula (except for Whoopi), Candice and Jedediah all worked well with the panel.     

I find Abby to be nice, cool-headed and pretty likable.  I was unsure about her because I didn't know her, but I like her on the show.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

That dress code is crazy. Unless they are buying the parent's clothes, they can kindly fuck off. No one is dressing up everyday to drop a kid off at school. Some people don't even get out of the car. Why worry about what they are wearing. It is one thing to go to a school meeting dressed in the clothes she wants to ban. It is quite another for all the rules just to drop off a kid.

Edited by dr. gailey
Changed a word
  • Love 13

I again enjoyed a mm free show. 

I love Pitt bull!  I love his swag. It really  is irrational but love this guy.    My son plays many of his song on his karaoke machine. My son is verbally delayed but "sings" his songs with so much love. Ugly dolls is invading my home because my 8 year old is obsessed. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yes....

5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Also, yes......

But!

Some parents take the cake. I'm a kindergarten teacher so parents need to come to my classroom every afternoon to pick up their kid. Most of the parents are presentable,  but I do have a handful each year that show up with blouses down to here* and shorts up to there**. Flesh galore. Don't get me started on the hickeys! THESE parents need to be shamed. Their little girls are learning how to dress from watching their mothers. Maybe they'll see the note and if the shoe fits....🤷‍♀️ 

*cleavage

**butts

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Ana tweeted that she'll be there. That's a good thing

So who won't be there? Whoppi? Can't imagine they would have all six of them at the table with Joe. Meghan will want to sit by him.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

...and this is probably why I never leave the house (even to take out the garbage!) without makeup on.  I always assume there’s a film crew nearby. 

Come on!  You never ran up to the drug store or 711 in your pjs?  I bought Grinch pjs when they were on sale for $5 and the pants are soft, warm and comfy.  I wore them everywhere with a long winter coat.

1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief - if she wastes the interview crying over her dad tomorrow with Biden I am going to be pissed.

No, just no.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I have a feeling she’ll be there to speak with Uncle Joe. Now hopefully she’ll allow someone else to get a word in edgewise  

Meghan tweeted that she is thrilled to be talking to Biden on The VIew tomorrow, so , I guess she's over her "illness." 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

on the parents dress code topic -  I knew a mom who sent her son to a private Christian school because she thought it would give him a better set of values.  (we live in an area where the public schools are really good).   , The school  her kid went to had in their rules that women could not wear pants, only dresses or skirts, and they had to be below-knee length.   This rule applied to teachers, staff, and also any moms picking kids up from school.   So, this woman kept a skirt in her car, so she could slip it on over her shorts when she had to pick her kid up.   She thought the rule was ridiculous.  But I told her that SHE was the one being ridiculous, for sending her son to a school that taught such a backward view of women, and letting them teach him that she was not a good person because she wore pants.  

About going out in public not fully dressed and groomed - I am paranoid.  I am positive that the one day I run out to the store looking like crap is the day I will run into an ex-boyfriend, or the mean girl who mocked me in high school, or the asshole boss who fired me.  So I won't go out if I  look like  a crazy loser .

• Love 12
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

Whoopi's daughter is too old for "take your kid to work day", she is not a kid. Good Grief!

Isn't Whoopi's daughter a grandmother? I can't keep it straight!

They were just joking around.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Come on!  You never ran up to the drug store or 711 in your pjs?  I bought Grinch pjs when they were on sale for $5 and the pants are soft, warm and comfy.  I wore them everywhere with a long winter coat.

OMG-I am wearing mine right now!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

We should BE so lucky!   If she's on a time-out, I hope it's because someone gave her a stern talking-to and she's on a pity-party-strike...thinking she's punishing Disney, ABC, her coworkers, politics, and US!   (Maniacal laughter)

IDK.....remember how she was getting back after the last break.  MFucking explosion.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, sandymck said:

They were just joking around.

But she makes the same joke every frickin' year.  It wasn't funny last year.  Or the year before.

Re the dress code, if this is a public school they have no right to tell tax paying citizens what they can or cannot wear to pick up their children.  That has to be unconstitutional, a 1st amendment issue.  What is the penalty for ignoring the rule?  "I will not wear pjs to school" on the blackboard 100x?

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I always make sure I am dressed "presentable" anytime I leave the house. The only time I do not have make up on in public is when I go for a facial.  Why put it on if it's going to be wiped off shortly thereafter?  I do however make I sure I don't have to stop anywhere on the way.

49 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Re the dress code, if this is a public school they have no right to tell tax paying citizens what they can or cannot wear to pick up their children.  That has to be unconstitutional, a 1st amendment issue.  What is the penalty for ignoring the rule?  "I will not wear pjs to school" on the blackboard 100x?

The dress code seems to be only directed towards women.  Not too many men I know where leggings.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

About going out in public not fully dressed and groomed - I am paranoid.  I am positive that the one day I run out to the store looking like crap is the day I will run into an ex-boyfriend, or the mean girl who mocked me in high school, or the asshole boss who fired me.  So I won't go out if I  look like  a crazy loser .

That’s me too. If I go out looking a mess, which is very rare, it’s when I am only getting something from a drive through window. Even then, I’m clean, fully dressed, and have sunglasses.

I don’t see anything wrong with a parent wearing PJ’s if they’re not getting out of the car. Now should one leave the house without washing their face, brushing their teeth, or be seen in a slinky negligee? No. I don’t think you should would wear anything that would embarrass your child should someone get a glimpse of you. I just don’t see the point of a stay at home mom getting all dressed up if she’s only driving back home and not heading to an office. Now if you’re going inside the school, no PJ’s or anything obviously outrageous.

• Love 8

Damn it, Meghan is back. 

I knew she wouldn't miss Biden's visit, but I still hoped for it.  I hoped she was home pouting over Whoopi expecting her to act like a professional adult. 

Edit:

Speaking of going out in your pajamas, Meghan looks like she's wearing what people called "loungewear" in the 1970s. 

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, General Days said:

Damn it, Meghan is back. 

I knew she wouldn't miss Biden's visit, but I still hoped for it.  I hoped she was home pouting over Whoopi expecting her to act like a professional adult. 

I was hoping she would still be "sick"/in the time-out box; her punishment should have included missing the debut of the man whose son had the same cancer as her father.  WTH is she wearing?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, jumper sage said:

I love this about Joy.  She never misses an opportunity to make fun of herself.

I HATE SPORTS ON TV!  I liked playing sports but no one watched it on tv.  Loved how Joy refused to put it on.

The injuries to young men/boys is real and communities are reacting.  Here is a link if anyone wants to read.  I had no idea that teams could be 8 or 11 players.

I missed it.

The football obsession in the United States is out of control.  I can't stand it.

• Love 10