Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

IF Sunny says she is a feminist, then she is. 

Feminists are people, and many of us have our insecurities about our looks.  When you grow up in a culture that values women in terms of their attractiveness, it's  hard to shake that insecurity. 

At its core, feminism is about women having equal access to educational, financial, and career opportunities. It wasn't all that long ago that it was legal, and widely accepted, to discriminate based on gender.   Sunny knows this, and she accepts the feminist ideas that men and women are equal under the law.  

Meghan is a conservative republican, and that group DEMONIZES (using Meghan's own word here)  feminism.  They see feminists as anti-men.  And, most importantly, they like to equate feminism with being pro-abortion.   To Meghan's distorted way of thinking, the two issues are equivalent.   if you're a feminist, you are in favor of Abortion!  infanticide! Killing babies!  So, though she has undoubtedly benefitted from the feminist movement, she is blind to that, and puts herself squarely on the side of the conservatives who say feminism is liberal, and therefore BAD.   

Perfect post. There is also a segment of Megan's people that equates feminism with lesbianism..

• Love 10

Holy moley, Meg would be having a major hissy fit if she was sitting there with Sunny wearing her Kaepernick jersey. 

And another one with the panel scolding the Republicans. 

Too bad Ana isn’t there. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:
29 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan is sick  in a time out today.

It is a self-imposed time out to get herself together. some touch chick she is.  I doubt very much that ABC told her to stay home, they love her nonsense.

Where was the Meghan who LOVES America, who LOVES her Constitution?  Apparently there is a part she doesn't approve of.  That part that says even TERRORISTS may vote when they have served all their prison time (if their state allows it).

And why single out "terrorists," when there are worse people in prison?  

It was entertaining to see her HUFFING...more incensed and upset than I've seen her before.  Hope she's breaking down enough to take a very long vacation.

Edited by HaaCHOO
removed a "the" and a "break"
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan is sick  in a time out today.

I think Meghan didn't want to come to work today and wear a jersey because someone would have mistaken her for an NFL linebacker.  

(Oh - and Kirsten Gillibrand is on - I guess that's another reason)

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Phyllis may be Sunny's idol too; she also wore her makeup to bed and I remember her telling housewives to spice up their marriages so their hubby wouldn't have affairs. One of her suggestions was to spend the day perfecting your hair & makeup and then stripping and wrapping yourself in Saran Wrap to greet hubby when he comes home from a hard day at work. Maybe that is what Meghan has on under her garish big-print blouses and skirts.  It can probably be wrapped tighter than Spanx.

I don't think so. My point was that Schalafly was against the ERA, was abhorently against feminism, etc. The anti-thesis of the awesome Gloria Steinem. The former sounds is a LOT like the present TWAT that sits at the end of the table.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby: All they have to do [at the WHCD] is play clips of every commentator who said Trump is a Russian spy, [he] comes out on stage and says, I'm still here

Whoopi: That's not gonna work... because that isn't funny

Abby: [stares at Whoopi]

Abby is a contest with herself to say the stupidest things.

WHEN is she going on maternity leave? Gosh, they already had the over the top baby shower.  At this rate, they will have another one.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15

Can I just repeat how refreshing it is to watch the show without Meghan? No matter how I feel about the other ladies, it's a welcome relief.

Now on to Kirsten Gillibrand. I don't like when the candidates do an unnecessary plug to check out their campaign websites when they perhaps can't or don't want to directly answer questions. Somebody else did this during the CNN Town Halls, but I can't remember who at the moment. I mean, I get why they do it, but... meh. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong because I'm multitasking right now, but wasn't Gillibrand being asked about Al Franken when she plugged in her campaign website? I heard her say something along the lines of, "if big donors are upset with me [about her outspoken stance on Al Franken], then that's on them," followed by the plug.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is a conservative republican, and that group DEMONIZES (using Meghan's own word here)  feminism.  They see feminists as anti-men.  And, most importantly, they like to equate feminism with being pro-abortion.

SAD! And the hideous Rush Limbaugh chimed in with his term Femi-Nazi, which people of Meghan's ilk associate with any/all feminists (including my sons, apparently).  

*Most likely, he "borrowed" that term and used it as his own.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Abby is a contest with herself to say the stupidest things.

This is THE BEST!   It's the "headline" that should be at the top of her forum page.

A contest with herself.......

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

Wow, McCain is “sick.” I thought she had questions she wanted to scream at Kirsten Gillibrand today? I don’t think she could handle the paddling Whoopi gave her yesterday since she’s so used to Whoopi kissing her backside. Abby can bring the other side just fine. We don’t need someone who screams, who becomes histrionic, and devolves into hysterics at the drop of a hat.

I like Gillibrand even if she's not my favorite. I'm glad she got a chance to speak today without being interrupted with a meltdown.

• Love 17
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

Bernie Sanders did say that the Boston Marathon murderer should be able to vote even while IN prison.

Because he believes everyone in prison should be able to vote.  I think it would be an interesting discussion...but one that would continue for years (probably decades).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

It's easy for Meghan to say she isn't a feminist because she has never had to be. She grew up with a two parents, a father who worked and a mother who stayed home.  She never had to worry about how she would get an education.  After school she never had to struggle to make ends meet.  If she hadn't had everything handed to her maybe she would understand not all women have it so easy.

Well, we already know McCain is the quintessential ungrateful brat. No surprise she's ungrateful to her forebears and their struggles to make life easier for her, too.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Kirsten Gillibrand is way too rehearsed. She needs to stop sounding like a recording and start speaking from the heart. 

Totally agree. I mean, I don't dislike her but meh. 

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I thought I’d like Kirsten Gillibrand more than I do.

Same.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, jalady said:

Oh Abby, it's "inroads" not "inwaves".  She doesn't understand why Elizabeth Warren isn't making "inwaves" in the polls.  I'll excuse it this one time based on the pregnancy 😂

Hey!  Maybe it IS the pregnancy.  I wondered if it was a word and I found this. I love the last sentence:  The InWave causes muscle contractions which exercise and strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. The InWave requires no special skills, knowledge, or training. 

. InWave.jpg.3be6cf12eb36fa22163563c40d8b83f3.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a horrible feeling that M McCain may be the last person standing.  I have never been able to tolerate her; the classic Born on Third Base Thinking She Hit a Triple. 

I think the only way the Princess of Arizona will NOT be the last person standing is if she insults (finally) the wrong person.  Someone BIG (but Princess has no clue). Someone with clout.  It's obvious TPTB don't care about Joy.  It's obvious they don't care about us.  Apparently the sponsors don't care either.  

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Can I just repeat how refreshing it is to watch the show without Meghan? No matter how I feel about the other ladies, it's a welcome relief.

Now on to Kirsten Gillibrand. I don't like when the candidates do an unnecessary plug to check out their campaign websites when they perhaps can't or don't want to directly answer questions. Somebody else did this during the CNN Town Halls, but I can't remember who at the moment. I mean, I get why they do it, but... meh. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong because I'm multitasking right now, but wasn't Gillibrand being asked about Al Franken when she plugged in her campaign website? I heard her say something along the lines of, "if big donors are upset with me [about her outspoken stance on Al Franken], then that's on them," followed by the plug.

I may try to watch today since RBM isn't there breathing fire in everyone's direction.

Elizabeth Warren does what you described in regards to plugging her website multiple times during interviews.  

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love Julian and his adorable twin. I love him and wish he got more air time, but, the media is obsessed with pushing the White males to the detriment of everybody.. Whatever happens I am just so proud to be a Democrat and to see the talent that we have.. Everybody in that crowded Democratic field has something to offer to the country. 

I too am meh on Gillebrand. I am still bitter over her role in Al Franken's ouster..

I worded that wrong. I shouldn't have said I want to like him. I actually do like him. I just feel meh about him running for president.  I think I like listening to Joaquin more lol.  

Yeah I'm still little bitter  about Al Franken. 

• Love 18

Lol, Sunny schooling Abby on Sarah Huckabee Sanders smokey lies😆😆 sunny's expression was priceless and soft spoken "it's lies , lies." And her little shrug Lol.

Abby dont plan comedy bits lol.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 7
  • Love 17

The show was much more enjoyable today.   

I did not think Kristin Gillebrand presented her best self.  She needs a better answer to the Al Franklin question.  She did seem quite annoyed with Joy.  It was understandable I guess when she said I am running for President joy dropped her questions.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

The show was much more enjoyable today.   

I did not think Kristin Gillebrand presented her best self.  She needs a better answer to the Al Franklin question.  She did seem quite annoyed with Joy.  It was understandable I guess when she said I am running for President joy dropped her questions.  

It really was. I only watched a couple clips online over the last couple days. Watched today and was pleasantly surprised.  

KG did seemed annoyed with Joy lol, I get it, but hey that's part of running for President. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think the only way the Princess of Arizona will NOT be the last person standing is if she insults (finally) the wrong person. 

I think she already has: Whoopi seems to be turning on her.

I don't feel as pessimistic as others do. After Ana was signed out of the blue midseason following one of McCain's nastiest moments towards Joy, then learning they tried to get Elisabeth and Ana on the show full-time last summer before McCain was re-signed, and now Whoopi's obvious exhaustion with dealing with McCain's, ahem, episodes these past two weeks, I think there's still hope she may get what's coming to her sooner rather than later. She acted very insecure at the end of last year until they re-signed her almost the very last day of the season. She wouldn't have acted that way if she had this all in the bag, and she wouldn't be screaming everywhere about how she's the only conservative to have lasted more than a season on The View since Elisabeth (which is a lie, but whatever). Moreover, if they were really in her pocket, she would've got more than a 1-year contract.

2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

KG did seemed annoyed with Joy lol, I get it, but hey that's part of running for President. 

I do feel sorry for her having the Al Franken thing pinned to her forevermore. I understand why that is annoying, but she can't avoid it at this point. I thought her answer about Biden was interesting. You could tell she didn't want to anger people with her real opinion... lol I wouldn't have minded a firmer response from her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10

I didn't think Gillibrand look annoyed, but I wouldn't blame her if she was. She and Joy already discussed Al Franken last time she was on the show. On that last appearance, I remember Gillibrand saying that even though Franken was her friend, it didn't make his behaviour okay. Joy questioned why Democrats had to act on principle while Republicans didn't, as the outcome had hurt Democrats. Basically, it was the same conversation they had today i.e. why should Democrats go high if Republicans go low and it works?

I get that Franken is Joy's friend, but this is old news. She obviously resents Gillibrand for his ouster and took it personally.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Elizabeth Warren does what you described in regards to plugging her website multiple times during interviews.  

It's too bad all these candidates allow their PR people TOO MUCH control.

• Love 3

"This is why people like me are so upset and so disenfranchised by how extreme this is!"

- Meghan freaking out about terrorists being given the right to vote, which was not the topic at hand anyway.

And also misusing the word "disenfranchised".

Watching that scene, it was pretty funny just how over-the-top she made that performance for the cameras. Just a poor, disenfranchised, privileged, spoiled, conservative Arizona Princess standing up for 'Merica and being picked on by the mean liberals, with their evil facts and stuff. Even Abby was like, "Girl...."

And, NOT ONE CLAP from the audience on her behalf. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, bannana said:

I do think it is unfortunate that Sunny, an accomplished, beautiful woman, thinks she needs to look all that when she wakes up in the morning.  I simply don't get that.  Sure, you don't want to look like crap, but just waking up with no make up is a bad thing?  No.  Do these people every work out together or go to the beach?

I've never understood this. Don't you smear makeup all over your pillow and, potentially, your sheets? Yuck.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Ahhhh, I was wondering why only a half of page of new comments. No MM. makes perfect sense. 

We should comment a lot so they'll know it was still interesting. I am also blah on Gillibrand and her pressure on Franken plays a role. Still, she was kind of whiny about Biden's entering the race. Given the setting and her situation, she needed a humorous come back (mix it up with Joy a little). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kenz said:

It might be best for Whoopi to discontinue her rants about taxes. I know she must be disappointed that the new tax laws probably prevent her from declaring all of her high property taxes (she keeps mentioning how she can't take the deductions that she used to take), and she doesn't know where her tax money is going, but for a multi millionaire to keep whining about her tax burden, that's not going to elicit a lot of sympathy. Kristin Gillibrand's reply about the middle and lower class struggles to get ahead went right over poor, overtaxed Whoopi's head. It's kind of like her attitude about the way insurance works.

Yes, I'm good with never having to listen to whoopi talk about taxes again.  Insurance and taxes are two subjects whoopi should never talk about.  I always love the look on everyone's faces when whoopi starts the tax talk. Lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, carrps said:

I've never understood this. Don't you smear makeup all over your pillow and, potentially, your sheets? Yuck.

She has never mentioned separate bedrooms or beds...and no one asks.

"Enquiring" minds want to know.

• Love 5

Meghan is out sick today.  😉 uh-huh, riiiight

Joy: I dated him!    😄 

Sunny's purple-ish hands matched her dress and makeup.  They need to change the lighting and/or glass table, they all get purple-ish hands.

Oh Abby. 😄 Her suggestion that Trump should play clip of people calling him a spy and then walking out and say "I'm still here."  Whoopi's response was funny.

• Love 13