Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

Just now, Jewell2 said:

Why wasn’t Meghan screaming at Joe when he said there wasn’t even a whiff of a scandal in the Obama administration?  She absolutely lost her shit a couple of weeks ago when Joy said it.  Oh wait- he mentioned her father...

We pretty much said the same thing at the same time, lol! Great minds!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

Okay, so Meghan wants to know what the major difference between an Obama White House and a Biden White House would be, which is a silly question to ask. The man was Obama's VP for 8 years. Common sense tells us he's probably mostly in agreement with Obama, which is what Biden said in his answer, essentially: the two are philosophically aligned. He later made the point that it's about moving forward, which is true. I'm sure Meghan McCpain wasn't satisfied with his answer because we know she loathes Obama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Why wasn’t Meghan screaming at Joe when he said there wasn’t even a whiff of a scandal in the Obama administration?  She absolutely lost her shit a couple of weeks ago when Joy said it.  Oh wait- he mentioned her father...

11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Remember when Meghan lost her shit when Joy said there were no scandals during the Obama administration? Well, Joe Biden just said the same thing. Wonder why Meghan didn't have a meltdown like she did when Joy said it? Oh wait... 😏

I was thinking the same!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Meghan's question regarding the difference between an Obama Whitehouse vs a Biden Whitehouse,  is one of the stupidest questions I've heard. Biden isn't running against Obama,  he isn't running as a VP who disagreed with the President constantly.  I dont even understand what her freaking point was. 

"Not a whisper of scandal",  choke on that princess of Arizona. 

Her point is : "I despise Obama and everything I think he stands for, because that's what republicans are programmed to do.  In order for me to support you, please give me one talking point I can use to screech about how you are different than Obama." 

• LOL 6
  • Love 17

I'm not happy with everyone banging on about Biden giving a personal public apology to anyone.

While he probably should do it, he's not going to.  If he were to do that, it would be an admission that he did something wrong (which I don't think he believes he did anything wrong), and that would be giving Trump and the Republicans extra ammunition to shoot at him during the campaign.  He privately and personally apologized to Anita Hill.  He doesn't need to publicly do anything.

I think he's been well trained and well rehearsed on how to answer these questions so as to sort of apologize, but not acknowledge any guilt.  

• Love 23
15 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Meghan's question regarding the difference between an Obama Whitehouse vs a Biden Whitehouse,  is one of the stupidest questions I've heard. 

Did she get one of Abby's blue cards by mistake?

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Didn't Meghan say awhile back that if Biden runs, she'll have to "quit the media"? I guess she's not a woman of her word because she's still here. 😐

And I think Meghan's admiration of Biden is based purely on emotion, which is funny because she likes to tell the other ladies (paraphrasing here) that feelings shouldn't matter when supporting a candidate. Let's see what she says once he rolls out some policy ideas she might not agree with...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And I think Meghan's admiration of Biden is based purely on emotion, which is funny because she likes to tell the other ladies (paraphrasing here) that feelings shouldn't matter when supporting a candidate.

Ah, but that only applies to everybody else, you see?  You have to think like Meghan and see everything through the lens of 'me, me, me.'

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I'm not happy with everyone banging on about Biden giving a personal public apology to anyone.

While he probably should do it, he's not going to.  If he were to do that, it would be an admission that he did something wrong (which I don't think he believes he did anything wrong), and that would be giving Trump and the Republicans extra ammunition to shoot at him during the campaign.  He privately and personally apologized to Anita Hill.  He doesn't need to publicly do anything.

I think he's been well trained and well rehearsed on how to answer these questions so as to sort of apologize, but not acknowledge any guilt.  

I agree times ten. Others would just say it never happened and it's fake news and never apologize for anything. And it was like four times they kept harping on it.

Glad to see  Ana there today. Well, it's Friday, but I didn't know if she'd be there since I thought Whoop would swoop in. 

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Exactly!  It makes me think of job interviews where they ask you what is your most negative trait, or performance reviews where they want to know what you think your weakness is.  You have to answer in such a way that makes you look positive, otherwise you are not going to get the job or get a raise.

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Though his constant repetitions and slowed responses while thinking up ways to rephrase them made him look and sound like a doddering old fool - was that the intent?

• Love 5

Something else I don’t think anybody else has mentioned yet but did you all hear Meghan try to move the hot topics portion along in the beginning to get to Joe Biden? She said something like, “I’m chomping the bit,” while Sunny (I think) was talking and then Joy swiftly introduced Biden. Smh. 

Edited by Alexis2291
Meghan actually said "chomping the bit"- I couldn't understand what she was saying
  • Love 11

Please be mindful to only discuss hosts' families in relation to how they were discussed on the show.

Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

What in the Marie Osmond 50 lbs. overweight before NutriSystem is Meghan wearing?  

From what I can tell, it is a satin pink pants suit with a red collar, cuffs and giant vertical strip on the pant legs. Likely made from bedsheets.

I found you one on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Women-Business-Suits-Red-Satin-Peak-Lapel-Ladies-Formal-Office-Suits-Work/112713767751?var=413180968671&hash=item1a3e439b47:g:FLYAAOSwVA5aQwVe

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Yea Sunny!  When she said there is a difference between being a nasty woman and having a nasty wit you had to suspect she was thinking of the nasty ‘woman’ on her left, even though MM chimed in that she had a nasty wit.  No!!!  She does not!  She is just nasty nasty nasty.  Her so called wit is just meanness.

and she looked awful today.  The makeup people set her up with that pink lipstick with the red accents.  Ugh

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Yea Sunny!  When she said there is a difference between being a nasty woman and having a nasty wit you had to suspect she was thinking of the nasty ‘woman’ on her left, even though MM chimed in that she had a nasty wit.  No!!!  She does not!  She is just nasty nasty nasty.  Her so called wit is just meanness.

That was so funny to me. Abby turned to Joy and said, in jest, "you've got a nasty wit about you." And Meghan throws in her two cents: "I've got a nasty wit about me, too." 🙄 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
Just now, PradaKitty said:

Meghan, nasty wit is not the same as dimwit. 

Hah!  You funny PK!  😃

19 minutes ago, OnTime said:

From what I can tell, it is a satin pink pants suit with a red collar, cuffs and giant vertical strip on the pant legs. Likely made from bedsheets.

I found you one on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Women-Business-Suits-Red-Satin-Peak-Lapel-Ladies-Formal-Office-Suits-Work/112713767751?var=413180968671&hash=item1a3e439b47:g:FLYAAOSwVA5aQwVe

My first thought was 'one time, at band camp....'

• LOL 6

Leave it to MM to make it all about her with her video of Joe comforting her. Outrageous!

Guess what Meghan - Joe has lost a wife, a daughter, a son, his own parents.....and yet you can't get through your Dad even with all the resources you have at hand. 

No one has ever suggested you not love and honor your father forever.

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

and she looked awful today.  The makeup people set her up with that pink lipstick with the red accents.  Ugh

I laughed at Meghan giving herself that compliment after Ana said to Joy, "you have a nasty wit".

Meghan in her best obnoxious childish voice, "so do I! " 😁😁😁 reminded me of her "I'm smart !" comment. 

I just read it was Abi not Ana. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Something else I don’t think anybody else has mentioned yet but did you all hear Meghan try to move the hot topics portion along in the beginning to get to Joe Biden? She said something like, “I’m chipping the block here,” while Sunny (I think) was talking and then Joy swiftly introduced Biden. Smh. 

She said "chomping at the bit."

If you have to tell people you have a nasty wit, you don't. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She said "chomping at the bit."

If you have to tell people you have a nasty wit, you don't. 

Ah, okay, I couldn't understand what she was saying. No wonder it didn't initially make sense.

Completely agree with your second sentence. She wants us to believe she's a tough girl so bad...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6

NutMeg was chomping at the bit to get Joe Biden out there, so Joy brings him out and they go to commercial!

Not only did NutMeg ignore the "not a whiff of scandal" remark by Biden, she also didn't preface her comments with:  you and I don't agree on anything politically, but...

Her repub friends will be giving her poor grades on today's interview.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

on the parents dress code topic -  I knew a mom who sent her son to a private Christian school because she thought it would give him a better set of values.  (we live in an area where the public schools are really good).   , The school  her kid went to had in their rules that women could not wear pants, only dresses or skirts, and they had to be below-knee length.   This rule applied to teachers, staff, and also any moms picking kids up from school.   So, this woman kept a skirt in her car, so she could slip it on over her shorts when she had to pick her kid up.   She thought the rule was ridiculous.  But I told her that SHE was the one being ridiculous, for sending her son to a school that taught such a backward view of women, and letting them teach him that she was not a good person because she wore pants.  

About going out in public not fully dressed and groomed - I am paranoid.  I am positive that the one day I run out to the store looking like crap is the day I will run into an ex-boyfriend, or the mean girl who mocked me in high school, or the asshole boss who fired me.  So I won't go out if I  look like  a crazy loser .

I don't sweat it.  On days off I only put on makeup if I am clothes shopping, getting my hair done, or doing something social.  I do shower but I am comfy all the way.  Figure it gives my skin a break.  

I think the rule is silly that one has to dress a certain way to drop kids off at school.  Is the kid getting to school on time?  Are they prepared?  Are they not disruptive?  How is me being in rollers/leggings/sweats a problem?  Battles people.  Pick them wisely.

• Love 13

I want to thank you guys for summarizing the show today. I wanted to continue being Megan free and stress free, so I chose to not watch today. I knew Megan was going to make Biden all about her.. She is a narcissist, I don't like throwing that word around but it fits her perfectly unlike her ill-fitting clothes that she wears on the show. 

I am happy that Biden is in the race. The party needs different ideas to get stronger. I always wonder if his son Beau did not get ill, if he would have gotten into the race in 2015.  It could have been interesting to see Biden up against Sanders for the nomination.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

Here's a headline from our Phoenix newspaper (our metro area is approximately 5 million people):  "Candidate Biden to appear with View's Meghan McCain."  I haven't read it yet.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, deaja said:

Please be mindful to only discuss hosts' families in relation to how they were discussed on the show.

Thanks.

Thanks for the gentle reminder!  Always appreciated.

• Love 3