Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Loved, loved, loved Joy's eyeroll when Meghan was prattling on and getting all hot under that hideous dress collar!  

Omg, is that hilarious or what? I couldn’t get enough of it, I pause and replayed it a few times! Tooo funny!!     She don’t need words, the eyeroll depicts a thousand naughty words...... I don’t think I’ve loved Joy more!  ;D

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I think Whoopi was obliquely referring to the Ladies Who Punch book in addition to the SNL skit, but then again,  who knows?

I think that also.  I just finished the book.

• Love 6

There were some funny moments amidst the idiocy of the day.

• NutMeg rat-a-tatting her blue card points and then shrieking out to the audience to thank her one fan, no, three fans, for applauding her.  Joy so obviously eye-rolled while looking directly at Whoopi!
  • Joy laughing off camera when NutMeg snarled that she wanted to ask Mike Lee a question cause that is what he is there for!
  • NutMeg shrieking her opinion about the SNL parody repeatedly whilst Whoopi was trying to make her point, and NutMeg saying she just wanted to let everyone know what she thinks, and Whoopi wearily replying, we know what you think!
  • NutMeg managing to shriek a "my father" on their first day back.

I think it is only a matter of time before Whoopi rains down on her.

One more thing, whenever NutMeg wants to get her snark on it really is more of a snarl.  She snarls her lips and sniffs.  It's most unbecoming and it always make her look even bitchier, if that is possible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Yup - Meghan had to be extremely pissed about that.  Her personality is definitely not one to appreciate being made fun of.   She can't laugh at any jokes, least of all, any at her expense.

Joy, I think, was just embarrassed about that entire exchange, and is probably tired of seeing it replayed over and over and over again.

She really could have acted like a grown up in that moment.  How hard would it have been to throw in a - yep, wish I could take that one back.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Abby:  "The President Daddy's Boss......."

Her words on the topic of this man giant ass hat mean nothing.  Jack shit.  So what, who cares?  Shutty. 

When she starts to act high and might and ask why certain republicans don't stand up for what's right, why does no one ask her about the lack of moral courage from Abby's Daddy?  I felt Joy was all but saying this and Abby was totally dense.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

She really could have acted like a grown up in that moment.  How hard would it have been to throw in a - yep, wish I could take that one back.

That would be impossible for Meghan - she does not have a humble or apologetic bone in her body.  

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby and Meghan were insufferable today.  

And I am not really sure why.  Both seemed quite confrontational and angry.  I bet it has to do with the SNL parody.  Why didn't they show the clip where Abby was portrayed as pathetic and unsure of herself?

The Mueller Report came out on Thursday and has been thoroughly analyzed.  To say there is nothing in there is just absurd.  They should instead have discussed some of the fallout from the report.  Like Sanders caught in a lie and then walking it back.  Like Trump on his "I'm Happy" train. Etc, etc. 

This article about today's show is good recap.  It also reminded me that NutMeg was taking shots at Sunny.  Sunny called herself a legal nerd, and then right after NutMeg snarled that she was a political nerd.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-views-meghan-mccain-blows-up-over-mueller-report-whoopi-goldberg-cuts-her-off

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

And I am not really sure why.  Both seemed quite confrontational and angry.  I bet it has to do with the SNL parody.  Why didn't they show the clip where Abby was portrayed as pathetic and unsure of herself?

The Mueller Report came out on Thursday and has been thoroughly analyzed.  To say there is nothing in there is just absurd.  They should instead have discussed some of the fallout from the report.  Like Sanders caught in a lie and then walking it back.  Like Trump on his "I'm Happy" train. Etc, etc. 

This article about today's show is good recap.  It also reminded me that NutMeg was taking shots at Sunny.  Sunny called herself a legal nerd, and then right after NutMeg snarled that she was a political nerd.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-views-meghan-mccain-blows-up-over-mueller-report-whoopi-goldberg-cuts-her-off

They were supposed to talk about Sanders per the announcer, but, Megan's meltdown derailed the show with Whoopie rushing to the commercial break.  Joy needs to do that more often when Megan goes off the rails.. Whoopie's expression said so much, she too is tired of Megan's nastiness.  Good for Whoopie, it was her dumb idea to bring the brat on the show, suck it Whoopie..

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Please let this rant be the nail in Meggy's coffin that gets her off the show.

I pretty much just say "shut up bitch" while I fast forward. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

So Abby didn't even read the whole report. She probably just read the summary that AG Barr put out. Abby isn't moderate nothing, she is a trumper.

I really appreciate Sunny being at the table.

Joy's eyeroll when MM was thanking her one fan. 😄

MM's over the top laugh at the snl skit. 🙄    omg at Whoopi getting all serious for a whole minute in that segment at the end.

Abby: "When you take out criminal activity..." lol

MM to Joy: "I'm more interested in what Sen. Lee has to say"  😕

Sunny questioning Sen. Lee 👍👍

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, falltime said:

So Abby didn't even read the whole report.

Stack of paper on your desk. How much is redacted? Not that much. Puts on more lip gloss.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Mike Lee is an idiot and we are dumber for having listened to  him.

Well I turned him off - so there! 😏

1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Instead of Abby's "what about Obama......" comments I think she needs to be reminded her Dad (that she of course referred to today) also worked for Obama as Ambassador to China.

I don't dislike her father.  He seems more willing to work with the other side than either of the twits at the table.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Well I turned him off - so there! 😏

I don't dislike her father.  He seems more willing to work with the other side than either of the twits at the table.

Maybe she has selective amnesia 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Man I had to turn that shit fest off as well. Good God From Zion...RBM please shut the fuck up, you are as big a twat as Abbie. Oh, and Whoopie you look and sound like shit, STAY HOME.  We don't miss you when you are gone baby. Don't tweet me, I don't care. Ha. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

Please let this rant be the nail in Meggy's coffin that gets her off the show.

They used this phrase at least three times today?  Is this a new (old) buzz phrase?

1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Instead of Abby's "what about Obama......" comments I think she needs to be reminded her Dad (that she of course referred to today) also worked for Obama as Ambassador to China.

Abby seems to have been affected by her SNL portrayal as ineffective and lacking confidence or brains.  So she was trying hard to get noticed today.

NutMeg and Joy are Feuding!

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, bannana said:

Apparently NutMeg was being a Shark today!🦈

Tweets like this convince more than anything that Meghan REALLY, REALLY wants to be a Real Housewife, instead of on The View - this sounds exactly like some the crap you see on the housewives' Twitter accounts.  

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Tweets like this convince more than anything that Meghan REALLY, REALLY wants to be a Real Housewife, instead of on The View - this sounds exactly like some the crap you see on the housewives' Twitter accounts.  

They would eat her alive on the Housewives.  There would be no Whoopie to defend her, no Joy to laugh off her stupidity, no Sunny to stroke her ego by going out for drinks, no Abby to echo her asinine comments.. Nobody would care about her so-called political knowledge and daddy. Andy would not protect her either and would air the most salacious Megan moments on tape, in exchange for ratings that would line his pockets.  Megan is not as tough as she thinks she is.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20

Big bad ass wannabe at it again today. That was awesome to watch. From Joy rolling her eyes, Sunny, Joy ? Snickering at her, Whoopi going to commercial lmao. Doth protest too fucking much if it didn’t bother you. 

But when she’s backed into a corner, she cries and flees. Not so bad ass after all. 

Wow Abby is a special kind of stupid. She really surrounds herself with dummies Mike Lee? WTH 

• Love 20

I loved Joy ribbing Sunny today about being left out of the SNL parody: "I'm a former prosecutor... the chickens... the jealousy of her husband... I'll write it for them!" and prodding her with a huge grin on her face. Those two like each other, which is nice to see.

I finally watched the parody. I was expecting to cringe as I tend to find SNL one of the most unfunny things on television, but it was actually not too bad. I got a kick out of Whoopi spraying everyone with water at the end and finishing with them being "five best friends with nothing in common." I just think The View has provided so much material for comedians to really get cutting with, and they always err on the side of being nicer. Where I live comedians would be brutal and the women of The View would have to put up with it. But "Princess of Arizona" was pretty funny and accurate.

Also, agree with Joy: Fred Armisen was better. Joy has a very good sense of humour about herself.

As I've said countless times before, not a great fan of Whoopi, but if she has to be there, her attitude today is my preferred: calmer, more thoughtful, not getting so worked up. She sounded to be a bit under the weather to me too.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Lee was completely nuts. Even Abby couldn’t take him seriously. McCain tried to make another dig at Joy during the interview and Joy just laughed at her.

Yeah, between his segments, the VYD segment, and muting bitchface, there wasnt a whole lot of content to watch today

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They were supposed to talk about Sanders per the announcer, but, Megan's meltdown derailed the show with Whoopie rushing to the commercial break.  Joy needs to do that more often when Megan goes off the rails.. Whoopie's expression said so much, she too is tired of Megan's nastiness.  Good for Whoopie, it was her dumb idea to bring the brat on the show, suck it Whoopie..

Whoopi has given MM more than one chance to evolve into some sort of adult, but she hasnt done it. Whoops might have made a promise to the late great senator father, to have a place for MM to go and help her thru her grief.  Ding ding and ding.  Whoops, your job is done.  Now get the bitch gone lol. 

It aint never gonna happen.  Delusion of grandeur for MM.  I truly think she sees herself as the next coming of Barbara Walters.  We all know TPTB only care about ratings and are eating this all up.  Questions...was there a ratings drop after the infamous splitscreen episode? What happened the day after? Was Rosie there? Or elisabeth?  Im just thinking of the 'blue flu' so to speak.  What would TPTB do if NOONE watched on a designated day and the ratings tanked.  Or better yet, if the whole panel got up and walked out, refusing to come out while she is still at the table.  OMG now that would be ratings gold.  How can she sit there all alone at the table boohoo. Yes she'll try to continue and hopefully be gone by first comm break.  I know, keep dreaming.....

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

I loved Joy ribbing Sunny today about being left out of the SNL parody: "I'm a former prosecutor... the chickens... the jealousy of her husband... I'll write it for them!" and prodding her with a huge grin on her face. Those two like each other, which is nice to see.

I finally watched the parody. I was expecting to cringe as I tend to find SNL one of the most unfunny things on television, but it was actually not too bad. I got a kick out of Whoopi spraying everyone with water at the end and finishing with them being "five best friends with nothing in common." I just think The View has provided so much material for comedians to really get cutting with, and they always err on the side of being nicer. Where I live comedians would be brutal and the women of The View would have to put up with it. But "Princess of Arizona" was pretty funny and accurate.

Also, agree with Joy: Fred Armisen was better. Joy has a very good sense of humour about herself.

As I've said countless times before, not a great fan of Whoopi, but if she has to be there, her attitude today is my preferred: calmer, more thoughtful, not getting so worked up. She sounded to be a bit under the weather to me too.

I'll always be partial to the original View parodies of the '90s on SNL.

• Love 8

I've been noticing she is no longer on Stephanopolis' (sp) Sunday show, lol.

She is out of her league being a self professed political analyst.

ETA - I don't watch his show.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Questions...was there a ratings drop after the infamous splitscreen episode? What happened the day after? Was Rosie there? Or elisabeth?  Im just thinking of the 'blue flu' so to speak.

I can't speak to the ratings, but the day after they were preempted by Bush. Rosie wasn't there, according to Barbara it was Kelly's (her at the time partner) birthday and Rosie had asked for that day off. Kathy Griffin was the guest host that day and true to form continued to bring up the fight while the other women on the table continued to try changing the subject, getting more exasperated over the duration of the show. Hilariously, Kathy started asking the guests what they thought of the fight too. There was kind of an elephant in the room situation that Kathy refused to keep quiet on.

Here is the clip from the day after.

I think they then had their prerecorded Friday show on, so they didn't actually come back to discuss it until the following week. Here is the first show they address things.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I just caught up, and saw the SNL clip. I'd rather watch that. I love Joy, "I'm at least being shown as a woman, but the man did it better."

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I am getting extremely tired of listening to Meghan McCain, that AMAZING campaign strategist, telling everyone in the Democratic party how to win the election, especially when that is NOT what she wants!  

I'd like to hear her elucidate all the winning Presidential campaigns she's been involved with.

I am reminded of Lady Catherine de Bourgh in Pride and Prejudice and her advice about playing the pianoforte: “If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.”

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I can't speak to the ratings, but the day after they were preempted by Bush. Rosie wasn't there, according to Barbara it was Kelly's (her at the time partner) birthday and Rosie had asked for that day off. Kathy Griffin was the guest host that day and true to form continued to bring up the fight while the other women on the table continued to try changing the subject, getting more exasperated over the duration of the show. Hilariously, Kathy started asking the guests what they thought of the fight too. There was kind of an elephant in the room situation that Kathy refused to keep quiet on.

Here is the clip from the day after.

I think they then had their prerecorded Friday show on, so they didn't actually come back to discuss it until the following week. Here is the first show they address things.

Those were awesome clips, thank you @SuzieSioux.  I watched them back then, but had totally forgotten.  Also interesting that Whoopi was there.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Wow. Meghan being a super bitch to Joy again: "I'd much rather hear what Senator Mike Lee has to say about this, if that's okay," as Joy talked about Mueller not putting Trump on the stand because he knew he'd perjure himselfWho was that laughing in the background? Was it Sunny or Joy?

Sorry, but I agree with Meghan on this one. We hear Joy's opinion ALL THE TIME...plus I think it's rude to continually cross-examine a guest when they are there to give THEIR opinion!

Shut up, Joy, and let your guest speak. We already know what you think.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Well, then NutMeg could have just asked the question of the guest without be rude about it, and not snarling against her co-host whilst doing so.

True, but two wrongs don't make a right.

• Love 1