Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/7/19

Haleth
  • Start Topic

Hasn’t Whoopi bragged too many times that she hasn’t worn a bra in 35 years? I went on line to look nothing but her sweaters. If the line is how she dresses , yeah they will fit everyone. 

MMs refusal to take a breath and let someone contribute is way overboard.  Howler monkeys  with smaller testicles scream louder to compensate I don’t know what her thing is. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 20

Whoopi said something like, "When did the taxpayers become Mexico?  The guy in the White House said that Mexico would pay for the wall."  
MM muttered, "You say that every day!" 

I think it should be said every day on the news when they talk about the wall (as well as "I will proudly own the shut down.  I won't blame anyone else." before they talk about the shutdown.)

And boy, was MM shriekier than usual?? It sounded like it to my ears.  I even felt sorry for Abby!  She was trying to interject, share a thought and MM just kept talking.  Then MM said something like "As the only Republican..."   I thought Abby was your "best" friend?  Isn't she a Republican?

On a shallow note: I don't think MM is a size 12 - just by the way she sits and her body settles, umm - no.  I am not criticizing her weight (I'm not exactly close to thin.) but come on! She seems closer to a 16.

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Any news I see on FB I check the source.  If it's an actual news organization I'm more likely to believe it.  If it's site that I never heard of then I instantly discount it.

I do this also. If a person is unable to determine a reliable source on Facebook, they are also unlikely to be able to identify one off of it. Critical thinking skills are essential on the internet and elsewhere. Here's the thing (TM Whoopi) Whoopi may think that because she can't decipher sources that no one can.

One of the most valuable and important lessons I have learned with age is that "Everyone's life and experiences are not like yours" so when you discount the idea that something is happening to other people because it didn't happen to you (or vice-versa), it indicates a lack of critical thinking skills and possibly a broken or missing empathy bone.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, pinguina said:

Whoopi said something like, "When did the taxpayers become Mexico?  The guy in the White House said that Mexico would pay for the wall."  
MM muttered, "You say that every day!"

And if someone said that to me, I would respond with 'Why shouldn't I? Isn't it the truth? It's very much relevant when it's a broken promise that is now resulting in our government being held hostage'.  I can't even describe to its full extent the calm I feel having let go of this show. Outside of listening to stupid talking points (mainly from Meghan but not exclusive to Meghan), it was frustrating to listen to ignorant talking points that deserve to be checked and not a one at the table does it or does so without any eloquence or clarity. Meghan talks a lot about civility and needing to be part of the example but her behaviour is the opposite. That kind of behaviour is part of the reason the world is becoming so PC even when it isn't needed. Because we have people who are so grounded in their own view and are completely disinterested in listening to another's side of reason that it creates assumptions and stereotypes that make it increasingly harder to believe the good in people and to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, PeterBrady said:

It would be nice to see Joy, Sunny and Whoopi put there money where their mouth is, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’m sure that I heard somewhere that the affected government workers have yet to miss a paycheck? Is that true? Also, I heard that even if they do eventually miss a paycheck that they would be reimbursed as soon as the partial government shutdown ends. If this is true, I don’t understand all the hysteria about starving government workers. 

Why would you think they wouldn't? 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

On a shallow note: I don't think MM is a size 12 - just by the way she sits and her body settles, umm - no.  I am not criticizing her weight (I'm not exactly close to thin.) but come on! She seems closer to a 16.

The reason the clothing on every photoshoot doesn't fit (according to Meghan)--even though she provided all her sizes--is that she shops in Millionaires Only.   An alarm goes off if your net worth is under $5 million.  Maybe she truly does believe she's a 12.  

Since she has to provide her own clothes on all photoshoots, think she's doing the same at The View?    Somebody take her (for fun) clothes shopping at Target.  They have a Plus Size department in case she has to scoot into 16-18.....    Come back with a little fashion show and identify the sizes (because I'm mean and a 2X).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

In high school I was obsessed with the book "Looking for mr Goodbar."

My little housewife/club member clique was also obsessed with the book ('75) and the movie ('77).  We were glad we were "safely" married.  Check into the next decade and several were single WARY ladies.   Judity Rossner educated us.

• Love 8

I didn’t say that Sunny, Joy and Whoopi wouldn’t give to the workers, but I highly doubt it. I’m sure that they know that their donated money would be much better spent on truly needy charities as opposed to government workers who have yet to miss a paycheck.

Edited by PeterBrady
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

I’m sure that I heard somewhere that the affected government workers have yet to miss a paycheck? Is that true?

No, that is false

2 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

Also, I heard that even if they do eventually miss a paycheck that they would be reimbursed as soon as the partial government shutdown ends.

That is true. However, I don't think mortgage lenders, rent collectors, bill collectors, utility companies, etc. are going to be all, "Oh, just send us our money whenever you get paid again."  

This is the last O/T post I'll be making today to correct misinformation. 

5 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

I didn’t say that Sunny, Joy and Whoopi wouldn’t give to the workers, but I highly doubt it. I’m sure that they know that their donated money would be much better spent on truly needy charities as opposed to government workers who have yet to miss a paycheck.

They’re missing a check tomorrow, no matter what. Payroll had to be in by Tuesday. And it wasn’t. Plus, once this shutdown ends, they will wait for that check, they will more than likely get a current check before they get this backpay check, at least that’s how the State of Illinois operates with our budget mess

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And why did Meghan start clutching her pearls when Joy snapped and said, "excuse me!" so that she could finish her point when Meghan is the main one demanding the other ladies to let her finish while she's talking?!

Before the Queen of McCain arrived on The View, does anyone remember a panelist's having to yell out, "I was talking!"  "Excuse me."  "Can I complete a sentence?" ?  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

My little housewife/club member clique was also obsessed with the book ('75) and the movie ('77).  We were glad we were "safely" married.  Check into the next decade and several were single WARY ladies.   Judity Rossner educated us.

I never watched the movie. 

Re Nutmeg's size, I believe that sizing in the US is somewhat vanity.  I have friends and colleagues who say they are a 10 or 12 and in Canada they would be a 16.

No way do I believe that Whoopi has a bra line, and it shows up nowhere online, as @athousandclowns noted.  And why would she have a bra line?  Makes no sense.  I believe she has an ugly sweater line and an ugly shoe line.

When Whoopi finally told NutMeg to shut up (by telling everyone to shut up, sigh) then Sunny began to speak about DACA, and NutMeg immediately interrupted her to say that is not even what the topic was, and Sunny says, I know it wasn't, and then carries on very calmly.

Watch Joy's astonished face as she observes NutMeg shrieking and ranting and pointing today, it is pretty amusing.

• Love 15

Meghan says she can't handle any more of this, meaning the government shut down.  Oh boo hoo Meghan.  Let's talk to the workers who aren't getting paid and worrying about paying their bills and ask them how they are handling it.

Only Meghan manages to make the entire government shutdown ALL ABOUT HER {at full volume). She truly finds new levels of tediousness daily.

• Love 20

I couldn't believe Meghan's behavior today--can't remember the last time I was that appalled watching TV. Joy Behar must have incredible restraint and tact, because she was giving Meghan some serious death glares. 

5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Didn't she once say she had to have bras custom made because her boobs were so big?   AND she once called herself "plus size".  Now, she's a 12 or 14?  

(and, like a lot of people, Meghan is a bit "rounder"  after the holidays, isn't she?) 

Yes, she did say that, and I'm almost 100% sure she's lying. My boobs are much bigger than Meghan's, from what I can tell based on seeing her on TV, and while it's true that I can't usually find my size in stores, I can easily buy bras in my size even from Amazon.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Re Nutmeg's size, I believe that sizing in the US is somewhat vanity.  I have friends and colleagues who say they are a 10 or 12 and in Canada they would be a 16.

No way do I believe that Whoopi has a bra line, and it shows up nowhere online, as @athousandclowns noted.  And why would she have a bra line?  Makes no sense.  I believe she has an ugly sweater line and an ugly shoe line.

When Whoopi finally told NutMeg to shut up (by telling everyone to shut up, sigh) then Sunny began to speak about DACA, and NutMeg immediately interrupted her to say that is not even what the topic was, and Sunny says, I know it wasn't, and then carries on very calmly.

Watch Joy's astonished face as she observes NutMeg shrieking and ranting and pointing today, it is pretty amusing.

I can personally attest to this. I am always 2-4 sizes smaller when I shop for clothes in the US.

• Love 3

Bitchface McCain was simply too much today. She looked like hell. That blouse, tucked in? She looked H U G E. And don't lie - you are not a size 14 - closer to 18.

I tweeted about her screaming on the show. Jesus. What an asshole!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, bannana said:

No way do I believe that Whoopi has a bra line,

She's always talking about how saggy her boobs are. Is it the "Do Your Boobs Hang Low?" line? 

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Any news I see on FB I check the source. 

I check Snopes.com. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Because we can't have nice things, watch she won't be on tomorrow.

Could be.  Clay Aiken's grandmother passed away and the funeral is tomorrow in North Carolina.  If Meghan is not on the show tomorrow, that could be where she is.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Looking for Mr. Goodbar?  I think it was a movie, too.

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Looking for Mr Goodbar. 

7 hours ago, Mimi said:

I think she said “Looking for Mr Goodbar”:

7 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Looking for Mr. Goodbar. Diane Keaton was in the movie in the 70's

Looking for Mr. Goodbar https://g.co/kgs/gakvGD

Thank you. I've never heard of the book or movie, but it sounds interesting.

Meeeghan was beyond a joke today, butting in with Sunny "thats not the issue we was talking about" Really?! after spending many months bringing every topic round to your father,f*** off!

She can fit into a 12?! Think someone needs to tell the lard arse the only thing size 12 on her is possibly her shoe size!

• Love 16

All about Megan today... I call BS, as others have, that she's no larger than a size 14. Not to mention she appears to be wearing a body shaper (way too smooth in her clothes - just saying). I don't say this to shame her size, rather, shame her for not being honest. She acts as though she wants to "own it" and then plays it off as "I'm a size 12-14"... lawd... she's too much.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

No, that is false

That is true. However, I don't think mortgage lenders, rent collectors, bill collectors, utility companies, etc. are going to be all, "Oh, just send us our money whenever you get paid again."  

This is the last O/T post I'll be making today to correct misinformation. 

I googled it. It is actually TRUE as of this moment. They were scheduled to be paid tomorrow so they haven’t missed any pay yet. If I had written this tomorrow, then it would have been false. Either way, I agree with Meghan in hopes that they make some sort of agreement so that things could get back to normal.

16 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

I googled it. It is actually TRUE as of this moment. They were scheduled to be paid tomorrow so they haven’t missed any pay yet. If I had written this tomorrow, then it would have been false. Either way, I agree with Meghan in hopes that they make some sort of agreement so that things could get back to normal.

They're going to miss their pay is the point. Even if the government opens in the next ten minutes,  they still don't get paid for a couple of weeks. You're nitpicking.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 20

Being curious about clothing sizes, I did a little research. (I once worked at a fabric store and sold dress patterns)Typically,  stores carry Misses, or regular sizes , which go up to 16 or sometimes 18.  PLUS sizes also called Womens, start at 14. But it's a 14W. The proportions are different. a regular 14 isn't the same as a 14W, a 14W is more like a regular 16-18.

It's like junior sizes are geared to teens and young women. Dresses are shorter, and the fit is for a straight up and down figure. Misses clothing allows for curves, with more fabric for bust, hips, thighs, more hourglass figure. Womens  sizes are made with larger arms lower bust, larger waist. More apple shaped than hourglass shaped.

So Meghan might be a 14W, which is not the same as a 12-14.

I noticed Joy, who probably is a 12-14,give Meghan a look when she claimed to be that size.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It was a fucking scary book! I was a single young woman in her twenties.

If I remember rightly, itwas mostly about the danger of  one night stands,  cuz you never know who is dangerous/ violent.  

And depressing about trying to meet good guys. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

What a crazy bitch. Size 12 size my ass, I saw her in person .. girl stop lying!

1 hour ago, BradleyK said:

She can fit into a 12?! Think someone needs to tell the lard arse the only thing size 12 on her is possibly her shoe size!

What is she gonna say? Size 18? Meghan appears to be shaped like a tree trunk.

Her upper torso, waist and hips all look the same size. 

• Love 10

In reference to Miss Rich Bitch wearing a size 12 or 14......Jesus, she is not even an 18....I know gals that wear that size and they are a lot smaller than that evil pig. She is about a 24. yeah, they use to make that size, and that's what she is.  Probably larger because of her custom made and very special boobs. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PeterBrady said:

Much of the focus has been on the contract workers who will never be paid. The discussion on the show included these people as well. 

Edited by MMEButterfly
  • Love 17

Meghan has told us multiple times that she is a size 12-14 since she joined the show 15 months ago, but she looks at least 20 lbs heavier now.  Most chubby people don't mention their size and nobody asked Meghan.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

The reason the clothing on every photoshoot doesn't fit (according to Meghan)--even though she provided all her sizes--is that she shops in Millionaires Only.   An alarm goes off if your net worth is under $5 million.  Maybe she truly does believe she's a 12.  

Your mention of a fictional Millionaires Only made me think of those annoying Farmers Only commercials. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, jalady said:

am one of the furloughed employees who won’t get paid tomorrow 😠.

So sorry to hear that.  Mr. Rain and I were talking today about how insane it is to receive a paycheck that states the hours worked and then "$0.00"  I hope this insanity ends soon. 

Nutmeg was unbearable today -- well, even more than usual.  I literally changed the channel half-way through.

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

What is she gonna say? Size 18? Meghan appears to be shaped like a tree trunk.

Her upper torso, waist and hips all look the same size. 

Yes they are.  All 18.  Maybe - maybe - her ring size is 12. 

• Love 10

I was happy to see Whoopi praise Jeff Daniels for the play  To Kill a Mockingbird!  I love him.     And Latanya Jackson is in it!!  I wish I could go to New York and see it!    I saw her in a play in Chicago (when she was Latanya Richardson, before she got married)   and she was AMAZING.  

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

😂😂😂 that pic is hilarious.  What fake ridiculous reaction to something she does to everyone else. 

Seriously,  what do you all think was going on with her?  My theory is she talked to, about her negative nasty attitude and was trying to be jokey fun Meghan.  Somebody said she seemed manic, she really did.  If Meghan thinks that she came off as fun and jokey, boy she lives in alternate universe. 

In high school I was obsessed with the book "Looking for mr Goodbar."  One of those true crime shows on ID channel  covered the case very interesting. " A crime to remember " is the show. Episode is titled "looking for Mr goodbar. "

I thought Meghan came out appearing to be in a great mood. I pay particular attention to her stage entrances, which is difficult because I have to be on alert to FF Whoopi’s yodel braying, which gives me inappropriate feelings of rage.  

Maybe Meghan got another talking to and was being sarcastic, but she seemed as enthusiastic as a member of the Mickey Mouse Club.  Of course it all went down hill quickly. As usual. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Abby - "Did you not hear what I just said?"

Me -  "I literally forget you exist.  I mean, from segment to segment, I forget all about you.  So, yeah.  I probably didn't hear what you just said."

I'm too distracted by her lips to hear what she says. 

• Love 11