Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/7/19

Haleth
  • Start Topic

On a more exciting note, I just saw a commercial saying that Don Lemon will be on tomorrow!

Holy crap - a Friday with Ana AND Don Lemon?! OMG. 

I.

Cannot.

Wait.

Don DOES NOT bite his tongue! =D

Yet another mention of her dad.

A reporter covered him. Great. What the hell does that have to do with anything, Meghan?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 23

OMG NutMeg, take a Xanax!!!  (RHoNY reference). She is over the top with the screeching and interruptions today.  And, ironically, her talking points aren’t as ridiculous as they usually are.  But that voice!

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, jalady said:

OMG NutMeg, take a Xanax!!!  (RHoNY reference). She is over the top with the screeching and interruptions today.  And, ironically, her talking points aren’t as ridiculous as they usually are.  But that voice!

She is reallllyyyy over-the-top and trying to hog up the attention today. 

She is talking way too much.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Five minutes in: I grew up with a father who's best friend was Ted Kennedy!

You all don't even need me to say the name of the person at the table who said this. You know.

This might've been record-breaking in terms of the time it takes for her to mention her father.

I thought his best friend was Lindsey Graham?  Or Lieberman?  I guess she takes after her Dad that way too, she seems to have a lot of best friends (her badass, ride or die comments drive me nuts!!)

• Love 16

Enough Enough Enough, Elsa and the View predictable  

• How many times do you have to reference you dad?  I have lost count - Guess what you do not have to make a reference to your precious perfect dad because as I have said everyone has a dad and some famous people have dads like Michael Douglas but Michael Douglas actually did not have to use his last name because Michael is talented beyond measure and has a brain which is different than Elsa who is not talented and does not have a brain so therefore has to rely solely on her name and constantly bring up her dad because without the precious name Elsa would never have gotten a job because she does not a brain and has not talent - Wait I forgot her talent is to piss off the Human kind
  • Who left you to the dictator when Whoopi was trying to make a point and Queen Elsa like her idol was dictating that she interrupted and would not let Whoopi finish even though they had to go to the break.  Elsa and Man in the house- they both think they run whatever they want and then if they don't get their way they point and threaten and throw a tantrum - I believe the View and the US has become yellow in charge and orange in charge and that is who runs it
  • If you are a size 14 then I am size 4 and I weigh 145
  • Whoopi pitching her products - WTF does she think she is Starr
  • I apologize sometimes for my comments when I am not proofing my grammar but I get so mad at Elsa because it is the poster child for all that is bad with this country
  • Have a great day
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan is at least a size 18.  Just saying.  A 12 or 14?  Bullshit.

1 minute ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Maybe a 12 at the "Short and Big Mama" store.🤣

Maybe she shops at stores that do vanity sizing.  That is thing right?  I remember reading about designers making their expensive clothes with labels with a smaller size than what they actually are.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Don DOES NOT bite his tongue! =D

To make it more delicious, I think Don Lemon and Joy are pretty close, based on the fact that he appeared on her Late Night Joy show, where friends came to her New York apartment to dish.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

To make it more delicious, I think Don Lemon and Joy are pretty close, based on the fact that he appeared on her Late Night Joy show, where friends came to her New York apartment to dish.

Yep! They have pictures of their dogs playing together on Instagram, lol. Sunny has also mentioned that she and Don are good friends.

Don also frequently has Ana on his show, and their banter is pretty hilarious. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think many young doctors and lawyers do struggle financially early on in their careers.  She would have been done with law school at about 25 or 26.  Her husband would be done with medical school but would need to complete a 4 year residency which pays very little.  They both had massive student loans to pay back so I can totally see how they would be living pay check to paycheck during their early years.

Yeah, Sunny did say before that when she and Manny were starting out they were struggling when he was going through his residency. 

• Love 10

I don't know what to do about people who get their news from FB other than keep telling them DON'T GET YOUR NEWS FROM FB!  I'm 61 and I know enough to not believe anything I see there. 

• Love 12

Good grief, that was brutal. MM was positively MANIC today. 

And I don't know how she could sit there in that skin-tight pencil skirt and say she's a size 12-14. I know they say the camera adds 10 pounds, but please. But I guess sizing isn't what it used to be, because I remember Amy Schumer saying she was a size 6. (and I scoffed at that too) Maybe in that world, MM would be a 14.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Looks more and more like Friday's shows are intended to appease Joy for having to be daily attacked and personally insulted by McCain. First they hire Ana, now they're bringing on close friends. I don't think it will be enough to make her re-sign if Meghan's behavior towards her is still given the endorsement by ABC via the lack of any real consequences.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan is at least a size 18.  Just saying.  A 12 or 14?  Bullshit.

Didn't she once say she had to have bras custom made because her boobs were so big?   AND she once called herself "plus size".  Now, she's a 12 or 14?  

(and, like a lot of people, Meghan is a bit "rounder"  after the holidays, isn't she?) 

• Love 5

I have heard some crazy things lately, but finding out that Whoopi has a bra line is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. Who wants their breasts to look like Whoopi's? I thought she didn't wear bras. WTF? Did she say that or did I hallucinate it?

Also, would anyone like to chip in for a small broom and dust pan we can keep in here to clean up some of these damn names Meghan keeps dropping? They are starting to pile up.

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, jalady said:

Sunny was absolutely telling the truth about living paycheck to paycheck as a federal prosecutor!  I know; I worked with her.

Oh wow, you really worked with Sunny? That’s pretty neat. 😎 Did you have any interesting encounters with her? What was she like as a prosecutor?

I hope the government reopens soon so that you and others can get paid accordingly!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, jalady said:

Sunny was absolutely telling the truth about living paycheck to paycheck as a federal prosecutor!  I know; I worked with her.  Paying rent in the DC area and student loans and a car payment was damn near impossible.  Luckily, 28 years later, I have some savings.  Because I am one of the furloughed employees who won’t get paid tomorrow 😠.

Thank you for sharing about Sunny. I do fervently hope you and all the other of our civil servants will be paid soon and very soon.

• Love 17

I was only able to watch the first 10 minutes or so.  At one point, Meghan Shrieked over Sunny.  then, when Sunny insisted on finishing her point,  Meghan does her passive-aggressive, muttering under her breath, to distract from what Sunny was saying.

That is the number one thing  that makes Meghan so intolerable (and UNLIKABLE!)  she will not let someone make a point if they are not in agreement with her.   She either overpowers them with her shrill scream, or does this side comment, speaking out of one side of her mouth, like she's at a cocktail party.  Only she's wearing a mic, so her muttering obscures what the other person is saying.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

People believing in fake news is nothing new. Some people panicked and committed suicide will listening to Orsen Welles' War of the Worlds on the radio on October 30, 1938.

O/T: But that itself is fake news, for lack of a better term. This article does a nice job debunking the many untruths about what was reported and what people still believe.

11 minutes ago, jalady said:

Sunny was absolutely telling the truth about living paycheck to paycheck as a federal prosecutor!  I know; I worked with her.  Paying rent in the DC area and student loans and a car payment was damn near impossible.  Luckily, 28 years later, I have some savings.  Because I am one of the furloughed employees who won’t get paid tomorrow 😠.

I'm sorry, Jalady. I hope it ends soon so you all can get back to normal. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan pretending to be shocked that Joy snapped and said “excuse me I’m talking,” even though she does it to everyone else on a consistent basis 🙄😂

That pic of Meghan is so odd. It looks like her head was badly photo shopped onto her body. Also-she is a terrible person. Didn't she admit it on the show today? Finally something she and I can both agree on.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What the hell am I watching? Is Meghan drunk??  I'm only 15 mins in and my ears can't take it. Is she trying to be fun Meghan? She is screaming and won't Stfu. 

I am not feeling well and kept falling asleep on the couch only to be woken up by screaming.  [picks up head, sees it is MM, mutes tv and falls back asleep]

46 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I have heard some crazy things lately, but finding out that Whoopi has a bra line is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. Who wants their breasts to look like Whoopi's? I thought she didn't wear bras. WTF? Did she say that or did I hallucinate it?

Also, would anyone like to chip in for a small broom and dust pan we can keep in here to clean up some of these damn names Meghan keeps dropping? They are starting to pile up.

I get that breasts do drop.  Mine have and I have good bras to wear and the prop them up good and high, having said that, I take it off as soon as I get in the door.  I do the old unhook-pull-through-sleeve trick.  I would not buy her bras because her breasts never look good they always look like they are dragging on the ground.

Bold - ROFLMAO!

Yesterday - So MM has been called unlikable?  That I can see.

@jalady - Thinking of you!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I wanted to hear what Abby had to say. She started with, "I'll tell you why that won't happen." And kept getting cut off. I wish Whoopi wasn't as gentle and cut Meghan off so others could speak.

I wonder if the View will follow Jimmy Kimmel and The Real in giving money towards those affected by the shut down. It's easy to talk about it and be passionate, but I'd like to see them put their money where their mouth is.

It would be nice to see Joy, Sunny and Whoopi put there money where their mouth is, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’m sure that I heard somewhere that the affected government workers have yet to miss a paycheck? Is that true? Also, I heard that even if they do eventually miss a paycheck that they would be reimbursed as soon as the partial government shutdown ends. If this is true, I don’t understand all the hysteria about starving government workers. 

Edited by PeterBrady
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

Also, I heard that even if they do eventually miss a paycheck that they would be reimbursed as soon as the partial government shutdown ends. If this is true, I don’t understand all the hysteria about starving government workers. 

I found this, which explains fairly well.

-Excepted/essential employees will eventually get paid for the work they did during the shutdown, according to the Office of Personnel Management. As for non-essential employees, that depends on Congress, which must agree to provide this retroactive pay for furloughed time off.

Historically speaking, Congress has always passed legislation granting pay to furloughed workers, although there’s no guarantee they will do so for this shutdown.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan pretending to be shocked that Joy snapped and said “excuse me I’m talking,” even though she does it to everyone else on a consistent basis 🙄😂

EFAFB549-B35B-46A9-8104-886440337CA4.jpeg

23160B2A-9C59-465A-A23E-7B25ED6F7F59.jpeg

😂😂😂 that pic is hilarious.  What fake ridiculous reaction to something she does to everyone else. 

Seriously,  what do you all think was going on with her?  My theory is she talked to, about her negative nasty attitude and was trying to be jokey fun Meghan.  Somebody said she seemed manic, she really did.  If Meghan thinks that she came off as fun and jokey, boy she lives in alternate universe. 

In high school I was obsessed with the book "Looking for mr Goodbar."  One of those true crime shows on ID channel  covered the case very interesting. " A crime to remember " is the show. Episode is titled "looking for Mr goodbar. "

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Tell me that face isn't rounder, fuller, than it was just a couple of months ago!   

drinking a lot?   eating a lot?  pregnant?  

I think Meghan's face always looks fuller with her hair pulled back.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

that pic is hilarious.  What fake ridiculous reaction to something she does to everyone else. 

It's not even faux shock. It's the look of a toddler someone about to have a tantrum because they couldn't get what they wanted.

• Love 15

Wtf was that? I had the lower the volume on my tv. What a crazy bitch. Size 12 size my ass, I saw her in person .. girl stop lying! Ana and Don tomorrow! Can’t wait. Ana was on don’s show last night. It was spectacular. She told off another Republican that kept calling her a traitor to her party. I was so wishing she could do that to Nutmeg one day on the show. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's not even faux shock. It's the look of a toddler someone about to have a tantrum because they couldn't get what they wanted.

Yes, it did remind me of a child. 

I cant stand mean angry MM but this Meghan freaked me out more than angry Meghan . She still came off mean but trying to be fun 😆.

• Love 8