Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, smhjess said:

If he ditches Maryssa he only has one kid and can get another woman.

TWO other kids...I know. It's hard to keep track of the kid-count with these irresponsibly procreating shitbags. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11

Yeah, I definitely see David leaving. As much as it pains me to say it, I think Jenelle has brought him down more than he has brought her down. Remember in the beginning when he looked somewhat attractive? David is a vile, abusive, mean, racist, homophobic coward, but you can see the years with Jenelle taking a toll on his body. She is all those things too (except not racist or homophobic to the same extent), but she's also INCREDIBLY difficult to deal with on a day to day basis. David might not be quite as annoying just going about daily life as Jenelle is. Remember before their wedding, when he was actually trying to get some work done, and she kept coming out and screaming at him to pay attention to her? Or her whining nonstop about missing the gym? I think if Jenelle were slightly more pleasant and easy to live with, they'd be the kind of couple that was just low key abrasive and rude, with bouts of violence when they fight. However, I think Jenelle escalates it to tension and drama all day! Remember when David was trying to move and she was yelling at him that she was bored...and couldn't do anything when she was pregnant...and didn't want to take kaiser to a hotel...wah, wah, wahhhh! I think without Jenelle, David could go about his day and be somewhat productive and neutral, though his flashes of violence would still be a problem. But instead, Jenelle escalates every single moment of the day to resemble World War III. 

So basically, he's the more dangerous one, and she's the more annoying one. She has proven that she doesn't care that he's dangerous, so now, the only way they break up is if he gets tired of being annoyed. 

I think he has only put up with it because of the money. Sure, he enjoys controlling her, but he's controlling with all his partners, and she doesn't seem to mind it. I definitely see him leaving when the money's gone, because Jenelle is such a pain in the butt. I've never seen him act like he genuinely enjoys her, but I've seen her act totally in love. I still think he went after her purposefully because if he money, underestimating what he'd have to put up with. 

Ultimately, I think david might be the worst PERSON of the two (it's a hard toss up), but if you could refrain from pissing him off, he might be the easiest to coexist with for a day. If I could guarantee he was disarmed, and I had ten armed guards in every room, I would choose to spend a day with him over her. I'd just sit in the corner and read, and he'd probably just go about his day. However, Jenelle would insist on being paid attention to, and would try to cause drama. But having to spend a day with either would be a horrible nightmare!

but yeah, my money is him leaving. Sadly, Jenelle couldn't care less that he is violent, and I don't see that changing. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
17 hours ago, druzy said:

This makes me so sad. David is treating his daughter like an ex. "Fine, I'm done with you." Then just bags up all of her stuff and dumps it at her house. 

This is your CHILD. It's incredibly sad for her how callous he's being about it. He doesn't stop for one minute to think about WHY she doesn't want to see him, and try to remedy it. In the long run it's good for her, but how awful it must feel right now. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This makes me so sad. David is treating his daughter like an ex. "Fine, I'm done with you." Then just bags up all of her stuff and dumps it at her house. 

This is your CHILD. It's incredibly sad for her how callous he's being about it. He doesn't stop for one minute to think about WHY she doesn't want to see him, and try to remedy it. In the long run it's good for her, but how awful it must feel right now. 

Exactly!!! Even most bad parents would self reflect, and try to figure out what part they could have played in it. He isn't a parent. He is scum!

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Even most bad parents would self reflect, and try to figure out what part they could have played in it. He isn't a parent. He is scum!

I couldn't agree more! The only people who should be done with their children, are Barb & Ma Eason & even THEY have never said anything so hurtful in regards to their disgusting offspring!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

43 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Exactly!!! Even most bad parents would self reflect, and try to figure out what part they could have played in it. He isn't a parent. He is scum!

35 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I couldn't agree more! The only people who should be done with their children, are Barb & Ma Eason & even THEY have never said anything so hurtful in regards to their disgusting offspring!

I agree that David is the SCUM of the earth, but I’m not all surprised he walked away from Maryssa (I’m so thankful that he did). Maybe it’s due to my experiences in my Sib group but there are quite a number of parents who will just “walk away” from a child that’s “too much work”. Hell, these “types” are everywhere! If there are people that will disown their children for being the wrong color, having a disability or a disorder, I am not surprised at all that David would disown Maryssa for telling the truth out his foul nature. 

I want him to stay far far away from her. Kids are far more intuitive than adults- they know who loves them and who doesn’t. They know who’s evil and who’s good. I think because David was only her caregiver for a short time she will have fewer conflicting emotions. May she feel safe and happy at her grandmother’s. 

• Love 16
23 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I'm guessing those are little Nugget's empty food and water bowls in the middle of the broken glass and debris next to the bathtub.  Poor thing probably went without food and water on numerous occasions in that Hell Hole.

I teared up when I saw those bowls... just heartbreaking. That fuck.

Well - we all knew that Jenelle only gave a shit about Jace when the MTV cameras were rolling. 

I’m also guessing that Barb is done with David and will stand firm (successfully) that she doesn’t want Jace around him. He has enough problems. Let’s see how many “supervised” visits Jenelle actually shows up to.

Way to “stand by your man” Jenelle! You know the one who proclaims to love her kids so much. IMO - they just want Kaiser to stick it to Nathan and prove what a “great father” POS is.

I’m sure he’s now apologized for killing that poor 12-lb dog. According to Jenelle (frequently over the past several years), that should be enough.

Oh - and David’s definitely leaving Jenelle before she will him. Taking 1/2 of whatever she has left when he eventually does. My question is who’s getting the sinking Swamp Land? Can’t believe it’s worth all that much.

Glad to see Maryssa’s smart enough at age 11/12? to get the fuck out. You go girl. Hopefully she still has friends from her old school when she goes back. I shudder to think at what Psycho Frenchie Killer’s “homeschooling” was like.

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Well - we all knew that Jenelle only gave a shit about Jace when the MTV cameras were rolling. 

This.

I can’t stress this point enough - EVERYTHING in the Evans and Eason world is going to change now that the cameras are gone.  Jenelle only pretended to care about being a mom for the show.  Now that there’s no show, what’s her incentive to fight for custody for any of them?  

I also think it’s going to affect Jenelle and Barb’s relationship and dynamic.  Yes, Barb clearly has a stronger maternal instinct than Jenelle (although a crushed ant on a sidewalk...), and yes, they’re co-dependent, but again, without the show, I think she’ll feel less pressure to maintain the relationship, and certainly less pressure to allow visits with Jace.  Barb, too, did some things just for show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
33 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

This.

I can’t stress this point enough - EVERYTHING in the Evans and Eason world is going to change now that the cameras are gone.  Jenelle only pretended to care about being a mom for the show.  Now that there’s no show, what’s her incentive to fight for custody for any of them?  

I also think it’s going to affect Jenelle and Barb’s relationship and dynamic.  Yes, Barb clearly has a stronger maternal instinct than Jenelle (although a crushed ant on a sidewalk...), and yes, they’re co-dependent, but again, without the show, I think she’ll feel less pressure to maintain the relationship, and certainly less pressure to allow visits with Jace.  Barb, too, did some things just for show.

I agree.

The crushed ant on the sidewalk is hysterical.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Definitely true but, and this is going to be another unpopular opinion but I also think people overestimate their drug use. I’m not even convinced that David does drugs much at all...I think it’s just his sparkling personality. Plus alcohol. I also think Jenelle is mostly into weed. I’m sure she does other things sometimes but I don’t see her with a full blown addiction to something (other than weed). I think it’s just mostly her delusion and wonderful personality that make her her awful self, as well. Maybe this is changing in light of recent events. 

I've also thought that it's possible that UBT and Jenelle aren't heavily into heavy drugs. UBT seems very amped up/off sometimes, but I think that could be due to his mental illness(es), possibly in combination with alcohol/weed/some kind of stimulant. He/they might be able to lay off of the stimulant(s) long enough to occasionally pass a drug test, or the stimulant(s) might be prescription(s).

I'm pretty sure that Jenelle is a heavy weed user (by her own admission, drug tests, etc.). I don't even think that's necessarily a bad thing and I could see how it might even be beneficial to someone with Jenelle's mental illness/emotional issues because maybe it helps her keep more calm, etc. With that being said, I don't support her using while she was pregnant or using to the extent that she's largely checked out as a parent. To me, it's one thing to use cannabis while being an at least moderately functional adult and another to spend all day every day holed up in your bedroom getting high and ignoring your kids.

6 hours ago, Fiver said:

Just asking, because I'm curious what other people think: when this relationship crashes and burns, will it be David leaving Jenelle, or Jenelle leaving David?

I ask "when" and not "if", because I don't think Jenelle has it in her to stay with one person, for the rest of her life.  Not enough drama, in that.

UBT will leave her, 100%. Has Jenelle ever dumped any guy she's been seriously involved with? There was that kid she dated briefly, but found too nice and normal way back in the day, but I think everyone else has left her when all was said and done (after the on-again, off-again drama), even the guys who beat or otherwise mistreated her.

5 hours ago, smhjess said:

David will leave her.  He has actual skills and can get a job.  If he ditches Maryssa he only has one kid and can get another woman.  Jenelle can't support herself and will only ever attract more losers like she has in the past.  I suspect she knows she will never do better than David, the best she can hope for is a David level crazy who isn't abusive.

I'm not sure that Jenelle could be deeply into a non-abusive, non-dysfunctional guy. Apart from that, it's true that UBT is much more "marketable" as a date/partner/spouse. For one thing, he is capable of holding down a job, or at least being a functional SAH parent. Jenelle isn't. If Jenelle were lucky enough to find someone willing to support her while she stayed in bed smoking weed and feeling sorry for herself all day, he would likely be very annoyed by how useless she is. She wouldn't clean the house or cook or do errands (as I think UBT could/would.) It's one thing to put up with that if she's bringing in 6 figures, and quite another to tolerate it when the partner has to work to support her. She's a shitty mom by anyone's standards and (supposedly) can't even have more kids, so there's no incentive to support her so that she'll be (even a half-assed) mom or stepmom. On top of that, she has a very annoying personality. I suppose there are some people who are into "whiny, immature, dependent, self-involved, and clueless," but I think most people aren't.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I hadn't thought of that, but it's true that UBT has enjoyed years and years of his mom overlooking his horrible behavior, including stuff like throwing his pregnant gf out of a moving car (and, thus, causing his family to be estranged from that child, which was probably hurtful for them (on top of just being incredibly horrible in and of itself)).

Yet, his attitude toward his 11-year-old is that, after a couple of weeks of her not being supportive enough of him at supervised visitation (because he killed their dog in front of her, on top of who knows what other horrific actions throughout her life), she can go fuck herself. Lovely. Obviously, Maryssa is much better off being away from him, but I can only imagine that his rejection is devastating for her and will likely have long-term negative consequences.

• Love 17
(edited)
8 hours ago, lexxilex said:

My guess is they want that child support money. 

More likely they don’t want to PAY support money. Is it known how much Nathan paid Jenelle? I have to adjust my previous comment, they’re going to go broke faster if they have to pay support to Nathan for Kaiser, Barb for Ensley (I REALLY hope she doesn’t agree to not be paid by Jenelle and David for Ensley’s care, like she’s done with Jenelle regarding Jace) and Maryssa’s grandmother for her care. Even if they lose custody they still have to pay for their kids. I hope everyone collects every possible cent!!!

7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Yeah, I definitely see David leaving. As much as it pains me to say it, I think Jenelle has brought him down more than he has brought her down. Remember in the beginning when he looked somewhat attractive? David is a vile, abusive, mean, racist, homophobic coward, but you can see the years with Jenelle taking a toll on his body. She is all those things too (except not racist or homophobic to the same extent), but she's also INCREDIBLY difficult to deal with on a day to day basis. David might not be quite as annoying just going about daily life as Jenelle is. Remember before their wedding, when he was actually trying to get some work done, and she kept coming out and screaming at him to pay attention to her? Or her whining nonstop about missing the gym? I think if Jenelle were slightly more pleasant and easy to live with, they'd be the kind of couple that was just low key abrasive and rude, with bouts of violence when they fight. However, I think Jenelle escalates it to tension and drama all day! Remember when David was trying to move and she was yelling at him that she was bored...and couldn't do anything when she was pregnant...and didn't want to take kaiser to a hotel...wah, wah, wahhhh! I think without Jenelle, David could go about his day and be somewhat productive and neutral, though his flashes of violence would still be a problem. But instead, Jenelle escalates every single moment of the day to resemble World War III. 

So basically, he's the more dangerous one, and she's the more annoying one. She has proven that she doesn't care that he's dangerous, so now, the only way they break up is if he gets tired of being annoyed. 

I think he has only put up with it because of the money. Sure, he enjoys controlling her, but he's controlling with all his partners, and she doesn't seem to mind it. I definitely see him leaving when the money's gone, because Jenelle is such a pain in the butt. I've never seen him act like he genuinely enjoys her, but I've seen her act totally in love. I still think he went after her purposefully because if he money, underestimating what he'd have to put up with. 

Ultimately, I think david might be the worst PERSON of the two (it's a hard toss up), but if you could refrain from pissing him off, he might be the easiest to coexist with for a day. If I could guarantee he was disarmed, and I had ten armed guards in every room, I would choose to spend a day with him over her. I'd just sit in the corner and read, and he'd probably just go about his day. However, Jenelle would insist on being paid attention to, and would try to cause drama. But having to spend a day with either would be a horrible nightmare!

but yeah, my money is him leaving. Sadly, Jenelle couldn't care less that he is violent, and I don't see that changing. 

I agree. David is the bomb and Jenelle is the match. That sounds victim blame adjacent but, only if you see Jenelle as a true victim..I still see her mostly as a co-conspirator. She might be being treated poorly but I think she also treats people just as poorly, in different ways.

2 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Now that there’s no show, what’s her incentive to fight for custody for any of them?  

The incentive for Kaiser it’s to “win” over Nathan. I’m not sure how strong that desire is but David seems to REALLY hate Nathan. Hopefully they drop trying to regain custody of Kaiser. I think that’s possible eventually. For Ensley it’s because David wants his “possession” back. Maryssa went against him, but Ensley is too young to do so. Ensley is so young she’s probably happy to see David. I don’t think Jenelle gives much of a shit (hence dropping Jace) but since David does, she does too. If David decides he doesn’t care anymore then it’ll all be dropped. Ensley is the only one who will probably be back in their care eventually. IF David, inexplicably, decides to follow the orders once they’re given or their county really drops the ball. Hopefully Ensley starts shunning them too and it pisses David off enough to abandon the idea of having Ensley in their care as well. Maybe if they spend enough time apart or with limited contact she will grow less and less attached to them which will piss off David. Sadly, she never really looks “connected” in videos and pictures so there may be issues there already. But that may save her from having to return to The Land. Barb and or Jace need to teach her to run from David so he doesn’t want to see her either. Only kinda kidding. 😑 

1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

I'm pretty sure that Jenelle is a heavy weed user (by her own admission, drug tests, etc.). I don't even think that's necessarily a bad thing and I could see how it might even be beneficial to someone with Jenelle's mental illness/emotional issues because maybe it helps her keep more calm, etc. With that being said, I don't support her using while she was pregnant or using to the extent that she's largely checked out as a parent. To me, it's one thing to use cannabis while being an at least moderately functional adult and another to spend all day every day holed up in your bedroom getting high and ignoring your kids.

I'm not sure that Jenelle could be deeply into a non-abusive, non-dysfunctional guy. Apart from that, it's true that UBT is much more "marketable" as a date/partner/spouse. For one thing, he is capable of holding down a job, or at least being a functional SAH parent. Jenelle isn't. If Jenelle were lucky enough to find someone willing to support her while she stayed in bed smoking weed and feeling sorry for herself all day, he would likely be very annoyed by how useless she is. She wouldn't clean the house or cook or do errands (as I think UBT could/would.) It's one thing to put up with that if she's bringing in 6 figures, and quite another to tolerate it when the partner has to work to support her. She's a shitty mom by anyone's standards and (supposedly) can't even have more kids, so there's no incentive to support her so that she'll be (even a half-assed) mom or stepmom. On top of that, she has a very annoying personality. I suppose there are some people who are into "whiny, immature, dependent, self-involved, and clueless," but I think most people aren't.

The jury is sorta out still on if it’s beneficial or not for those with mental illness. Some studies suggest that using in your teens, especially, (like Jenelle) can exacerbate mental illness or make it present earlier. I’m a huge Cannabis (autocorrect capitalized?) user! But I’m a functional adult with no kids. I totally agree with your assessment of the marketability of Jenelle and David as partners. I could even see how, in some (janky ass) circles, David would be considered a “good catch.” Yeah, that’s fucking horrifying! But he WAS (haha) obviously the primary “caregiver,” did chores and his shitty “projects” around the house, etc. Sadly a lot of women would be glad to have him, even with the violence, just to have a man. 🤮 I still think Jenelle will find another soul mate when they do break up but her options will be even worse...I can’t imagine what that will look like. She’ll probably still have some guys interested because she’ll probably maintain some low level of fame/infamy. I’m slightly worried that other networks or even Mtv will be dying to get her on a show if/when she and David are through. I would venture to guess that a network already would swoop them up but David is too much of an insurance liability, if nothing else. If David hasn’t made filming basically damn near impossible, Jenelle would still be on the show. They did SO MUCH to try and keep her employed. She makes $ and brings ratings. 🤮 If she drops David Mtv will probably have her back. If not, one of the shittier networks will.

It’s pissing me off that this bitch would still be making hundreds of thousands if not for David. She’s a huge monster in her own right!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Marley said:

Why the fuck are people even saying anything about Kail and Chelsea getting Ensley? It’s the stupidest thing I ever heard. They are on a reality tv show together. These bitches are so dumb.

And they’re not even TOGETHER 97% (scientifically determined percentage 😆) of the time! It’s not even like The Real Housewives, where they’re pretend friends part of the year for filming! Ensley has no fucking clue who Kailyn or Chelsea even is. 🙄 Did she even “meet” them as an infant FFS? She definitely hasn’t had the chance to in toddlerhood. The fact Leah even commented is special.

• Love 18

I’m going to need to know when they say they are DONE with Jace and Maryssa, does that mean they are TPR’ing?  Or...????   Walk the walk if you are gonna talk the talk.  

It’s going to be very difficult for any of the guardians to get “child support” from the losers.  First of all, they don’t have any reportable income anymore.  The kinship guardians should be getting assistance from the state of the kids are in care.  But they also should need to be licensed.  Speaking from my own experience.  It would benefit them all if this is the long term plan.  They will receive services and benefits, that they very well deserve.

• Love 7
On 5/29/2019 at 6:11 PM, smores said:
On 5/29/2019 at 8:51 AM, BravoAddict72 said:

I post pictures of my child on social media. It tags our location all the time. I am not exploiting my child. I just post cute pictures for our family and friends to see him. I see nothing wrong with what barb is doing. She was showing her fans that Ensley is safe andhappy. She has never asked for money in any of her posts.

I'm not a fan of the way Barb has been with Jace.  I firmly believe that she should have taken a stand with Jenelle (back in the beginning), and let her fight her for visitation the way she did a few years ago.  I think if she had done it back in the beginning, Jenelle either would have had no interest or she would have had severely restricted access, which would have been far better for Jace than Barb letting her ping pong in and out of the house fighting and drugging her way through his life. 

I do think there's a fine line with the photos on social media. 

That’s not entirely true with regards to foster kids not being allowed to be photographed or on SM.  It’s called prudent parenting, and you are expected to use the same discretion as you would with your bio kids.  It applies across the board from photos to babysitters to sleepover with friends (i.e. foster kids used to only be allowed to be left in the care of another licensed adult. Not true anymore).  The point is to allow the kids in care to feel included and as normal as possible.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am curious why they want to keep Kaiser.   Is it just spite?   Is the hate for Nathan that strong that they would battle for a kid neither of them particularly like?  Ensley is a bio kid so she is the one that may end up stuck with them but considering that she doesn’t look like she is hitting any of her growing milestones it might stick the government on them which might actually piss off David enough to give her up too.

Yes! It’s out of spite! Yes it’s out of keeping Doris and Nathan miserable. And David needs his punching bag! He’s an animal! A beast! He has to beat on that little kid to make himself feel like a man. It makes me physically sick to think kaiser had to live with him!

• Love 6

Since there was such a large difference in Jenelle and Nathan's income, I can't imagine he was paying much in the way of child support. If Nathan is successful in getting full custody and Jenelle gets supervised visits to ensure the monster isn't present, she's going to be ordered to pay. If it works in NC like it does here in WA, only Jenelle's income would be considered in calculating support. The spouse's income is not a factor in determining support for a child that's not biologically theirs. Maybe it is in NC? So, Jenelle can sit on her ass and say she's not working and it will just keep adding up until a warrant is issued for her just like it was for her huzzbin.

And, now that the monster says he's done with Maryssa, he's going to be ordered to pay for her. If he decides to or is asked to terminate his rights, would he still be on the hook for child support? I would think not but, I don't know how that works.

While Enchilada is in Barb's care, will the court make them pay support while the case is ongoing? I knew someone who was in the foster system for about 3 years when he was a teen. The state garnished his father's wages for the money they paid the foster family for taking care of him.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

It’s going to be very difficult for any of the guardians to get “child support” from the losers.  First of all, they don’t have any reportable income anymore.  

Hopefully that will bite them in the ass. Everyone is safer (and happier) if they’re both in gel from not paying. 8/10 of my county’s “most wanted” are for child support. They don’t screw around with that, at least in my state. I also found this about NC:

8F2216AB-973D-4A96-B2C9-EC36A903EC01.jpeg

It’s not as cut and dry in their situation as this says but Jenelle did get fired due to making it impossible for her to film. I just hope that somehow works against them. We know Jenelle has little “earning capacity” now but wouldn’t it be AMAZING if they were like, you’ve made 6 figures since before you were an adult and your whole adult life so far...now you’re expected to continue, so it’s used for support! Hah. It would just be GREAT if her earning all that money all those years was the thing that ruined her financially in the end.

1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

Since there was such a large difference in Jenelle and Nathan's income, I can't imagine he was paying much in the way of child support. If Nathan is successful in getting full custody and Jenelle gets supervised visits to ensure the monster isn't present, she's going to be ordered to pay. If it works in NC like it does here in WA, only Jenelle's income would be considered in calculating support. The spouse's income is not a factor in determining support for a child that's not biologically theirs. Maybe it is in NC? So, Jenelle can sit on her ass and say she's not working and it will just keep adding up until a warrant is issued for her just like it was for her huzzbin.

And, now that the monster says he's done with Maryssa, he's going to be ordered to pay for her. If he decides to or is asked to terminate his rights, would he still be on the hook for child support? I would think not but, I don't know how that works.

While Enchilada is in Barb's care, will the court make them pay support while the case is ongoing? I knew someone who was in the foster system for about 3 years when he was a teen. The state garnished his father's wages for the money they paid the foster family for taking care of him.

From that same site:

EBEAB01A-80D9-4708-B5DF-382C0739E969.jpeg

That should apply to at least Maryssa, Jenelle tried “her best” to look like she was taking on a parental role, with the cheer, etc, for a hot minute. I don’t really understand what determines “assuming a parental role” actually means. David definitely thought he was the boss of Kaiser... I hope they’re both fucked.

You cannot ask to have your rights terminated and if they are terminated they still may have to pay. I’m not totally sure how that works but I know of a few people (related to my job) who have lost their children and still pay. I also know of at least one who doesn’t pay but that was an agreement with the family member who assumed custody. This probably differs by state. I think Nathan could, for example, say that he will assume all responsibility for Kaiser and as long as he had someone else (I think, maybe it can just be him alone) to say they will also assume responsibility for Kaiser as well he will allow Jenelle to terminate her rights then it can happen if Jenelle agrees. This is what happened to allow Paislee to be adopted by her mom’s new husband and Adam’s rights to be terminated. They all agreed. The courts can obviously choose to terminate a parent’s rights but that will take awhile and have many more steps.  All the current caregivers should be receiving support while it’s on going, I’m pretty sure that’s universal. I’m going to look into support payments for court ordered forced termination of parental rights in NC, if not federal. 

The site with the NC divorce info. (There’s probably way better sites.) 

https://www.divorcenet.com/resources/remarriage-and-child-support-north-carolina.html

Edited by Rebecca
CLARITY 🥴
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

That’s not entirely true with regards to foster kids not being allowed to be photographed or on SM.  It’s called prudent parenting, and you are expected to use the same discretion as you would with your bio kids.  It applies across the board from photos to babysitters to sleepover with friends (i.e. foster kids used to only be allowed to be left in the care of another licensed adult. Not true anymore).  The point is to allow the kids in care to feel included and as normal as possible.   

It may be different in different states, but I can tell you that in our extended family there are several cases where children were fostered and it was explicitly explained that those children were NOT allowed to appear on any social media in any identifiable way.  Prior to their adoption, there may have been a shot of one of the parents holding a child and you might see the back of their head, or if there was a birthday party and another child was in the shot and the family wanted to post it, they would put an emoji over the face of the child if the shot couldn't be cropped out.  

I also know of other cases where people were fostering and they had to be very, very vague about the situation.  Like they can maybe say they had a foster child at the moment and that they were toddler aged.  Or pre-teen.  And nothing more identifying than that.  Ideally, they wouldn't mention it at all, which was the case when a friend of ours was fostering.  Few people even knew they were doing it, yet they were very close to adopting the child they were fostering, unfortunately the situation did not work out.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Loss of Child Custody vs. Termination of Parental Rights

Introduction

The purpose of this guide is to clear the confusion between two commonly misunderstood legal terms: loss of child custody and termination of parental rights. These two concepts are commonly mistaken for one another, and they have two very different outcomes.

Loss of Child Custody

In a nutshell, loss of custody does not affect the legal relationship between you and your child, only the living arrangements. If you lose custody of your child, you no longer have the right to have your child live with you. Furthermore, you may lose the ability to make decisions as to your child’s daily care. However, you still have the right to ask for visitation. You also maintain the right to challenge or change the custody determination at a later date. Legally, you still have a say in influencing your child’s values, religion, schooling and healthcare, and your child can still automatically inherit from your estate or vice versa absent a will saying otherwise. And, most importantly, you maintain responsibility to support your child financially (that is, you are not excused from paying child support!).

In Virginia, either parent can petition to change child custody, and it will be granted if they can show a judge that there is a sufficient change in circumstances to warrant a modification. These orders are final, but only to the extent that they too can be modified if another change in circumstances occurs.

Termination of Parental Rights

On the other hand, if your parental rights are terminated, you are completely cut off from your child, both physically and legally. You would have no right to have any say in the child's daily care or upbringing, all inheritance rights are eliminated, and you would have no right or ability to even contact the child without consent of the child's adoptive parents. This decree also removes the responsibility of the terminated parent to pay child support. A parent cannot "sign over" his or her parental rights voluntarily except in adoption cases.

In termination cases, there must be another adult available to take the place of the terminated parent before a court will even consider taking such a drastic step, which is generally what happens in stepparent and third party adoptions. The parent(s) who stand to lose parental rights must consent in these situations. Involuntary termination, on the other hand, can only be sought by the Department of Child Protective Services in cases of abuse and neglect. And unlike child custody orders, these orders cannot be reversed or changed -- they are permanent.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/loss-of-child-custody-vs-termination-of-parental-rights

So far, they’ve “just” lost custody, not their rights, so it’s kind of like Jenelle has had with Jace all along...except it wasn’t willingly and the courts and DHS are involved this time. The Easons have to pay support as of now, even if they never actually see their kids again. Unless they have their parental rights terminated, then they don’t have to pay from that point forward and are legally nothing to their kids. But they would still owe back support from before their rights were actually terminated.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, smores said:

It may be different in different states, but I can tell you that in our extended family there are several cases where children were fostered and it was explicitly explained that those children were NOT allowed to appear on any social media in any identifiable way.  Prior to their adoption, there may have been a shot of one of the parents holding a child and you might see the back of their head, or if there was a birthday party and another child was in the shot and the family wanted to post it, they would put an emoji over the face of the child if the shot couldn't be cropped out.  

I also know of other cases where people were fostering and they had to be very, very vague about the situation.  Like they can maybe say they had a foster child at the moment and that they were toddler aged.  Or pre-teen.  And nothing more identifying than that.  Ideally, they wouldn't mention it at all, which was the case when a friend of ours was fostering.  Few people even knew they were doing it, yet they were very close to adopting the child they were fostering, unfortunately the situation did not work out.  

I’m not going to dispute your personal experience, but as a foster to adopt parent myself I can tell you that it is completely legal to post pictures of your foster child as long as you don’t refer to them as being in care.  You can go about your business as if they are your biological children.  It is the prudent parenting act and it is recognized in most of not all states.  It is a recent change, but is it for real.  The whole point of the act is to discontinue the emoji over the face of a kid in a family pic.  You know, to make them included, as they should be.  I’ve been posting pics of my kiddo since our gotcha day.  

I will also go on to say that very, very few CPS cases end in a blood bath or SWAT stand off.  It’s pretty disheartening that the perception of kids that get taken into care are at risk of their guardians or fosters being murdered in a blaze of glory.  Truth be told, most bios fade off and ghost because they cannot or will not man up to the requirements to get their kids back.  Case in point....Jenelle and David are already fading out on their battle.  If it wasn’t so public it would just be another day in family court.

• Love 12
(edited)
12 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’m not going to dispute your personal experience, but as a foster to adopt parent myself I can tell you that it is completely legal to post pictures of your foster child as long as you don’t refer to them as being in care.  You can go about your business as if they are your biological children.  It is the prudent parenting act and it is recognized in most of not all states.  It is a recent change, but is it for real.  The whole point of the act is to discontinue the emoji over the face of a kid in a family pic.  You know, to make them included, as they should be.  I’ve been posting pics of my kiddo since our gotcha day.  

I will also go on to say that very, very few CPS cases end in a blood bath or SWAT stand off.  It’s pretty disheartening that the perception of kids that get taken into care are at risk of their guardians or fosters being murdered in a blaze of glory.  Truth be told, most bios fade off and ghost because they cannot or will not man up to the requirements to get their kids back.  Case in point....Jenelle and David are already fading out on their battle.  If it wasn’t so public it would just be another day in family court.

Not sure if you’ll see my edited post above but it appears to be true... https://www.fafsonline.org/fact_sheets/social-media-kyi.pdf 

Everything you’re saying makes sense to me but apparently there is this rule in place. Maybe the site hasn’t been updated if the law is new.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I can’t imagine it would be great for a foster child, especially one close to being adopted by the family, to be kept a secret. Unless, it’s for their own protection from their former family. And that would really only work if they didn’t know where the child now lived already. Like a kind of witness protection program. David and Jenelle know exactly where Barb lives already. I’m not sure how it really affects Ensley to appear in pictures online from time to time. If her parents had custody and got their shit together she would be anyway and probably still on tv. Hell, “she” has her own Instagram.

I should have been more clear with that part of it, the child wasn't being kept a secret from everyone.  We have a large extended group of friends who live in a variety of states, some friends are closer to each other (friendship wise) than others are.  So not all of the group were aware of the situation, as the primary contact is through social media,  I am closer to the family than some other people in the group, so I know the situation, other friends of ours were never aware that they had even fostered.  

1 minute ago, geauxaway said:

Once they are adopted, they absolutely post pics.  In fact, there are some very happy family pics from the courthouse when the adoption has been finalized, with the child's face finally uncovered.  It's just before the adoption, while they are still being fostered that they haven't been able to do it, and I understand why.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Not sure if you’ll see my edited post above but it appears to be true... https://www.fafsonline.org/fact_sheets/social-media-kyi.pdf 

Everything you’re saying makes sense to me but apparently there is this rule in place. Maybe the site hasn’t been updated if the law is new.

All I know is what applies to me, in my state I live in, and have been a licensed foster parent since 2014.  🤷🏻‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Prudent parenting is only in some jurisdictions. I hope it continues to gain ground because it really does make the most sense, and it makes life a little bit easier for foster parents who can be overburdened by tons of rules and regulations. For example, in areas without prudent parenting rules, foster parents can only hire babysitters who've also been background checked and cleared by CPS, which really limits their options. With prudent parenting, foster parents can use any babysitter they'd normally find acceptable for their children. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’m also guessing that Barb is done with David and will stand firm (successfully) that she doesn’t want Jace around him. He has enough problems. Let’s see how many “supervised” visits Jenelle actually shows up to.

Way to “stand by your man” Jenelle! You know the one who proclaims to love her kids so much. IMO - they just want Kaiser to stick it to Nathan and prove what a “great father” POS is.

I’m sure he’s now apologized for killing that poor 12-lb dog. According to Jenelle (frequently over the past several years), that should be enough.

Oh - and David’s definitely leaving Jenelle before she will him. Taking 1/2 of whatever she has left when he eventually does. My question is who’s getting the sinking Swamp Land? Can’t believe it’s worth all that much.

Glad to see Maryssa’s smart enough at age 11/12? to get the fuck out. You go girl. Hopefully she still has friends from her old school when she goes back. I shudder to think at what Psycho Frenchie Killer’s “homeschooling” was like.

The Land wasn’t worth much when they bought it, being swamp land. It cost $3,000 and the adjoining land was $3,500 if I remember correctly. With all their unfinished projects, junk, Lurch’s equipment, animal excrement, and the clutter they will undoubtedly leave behind, plus the sinking house, it will not gain much value. In fact, I believe it will be worth just about the same today or even far less. 

4 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Nathan did pay child support to the Janelle for Kaiser. Janelle was on his case a few times for him paying late. She posted it on her social media, and clowned him on Facebook calling him a deadbeat for being late. He never missed payments, was just late a few times. He did catch up and is current. It was $600 if I remember correctly. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

BIG EDIT: @smores You’re totally right about foster children not being on social media, etc. I find it kind of odd in a family situation, like with Barb but here are the facts:

https://www.fafsonline.org/fact_sheets/social-media-kyi.pdf

Apparently the people I previously referenced were breaking the rules, or perhaps they had some kind of special  permission.

Ensley is not is foster child. Barb has temporary custody. I could be wrong I think that’s different than fostering achild. She’s barbs granddaughter. Barb can post whatever pictures She Wants of her own granddaughter 

Edited by KittyKat133
  • Love 20
19 hours ago, Lemur said:

Actually, if he doesn't have physical custody, he will have to pay Maryssa's grandmother child support.  No more collecting for him.  In fact, they should be paying support on all four kids (or rather, Jenelle on Kaiser and Jace, David on Maryssa and jointly on Ensley) as they are not in their custody.  

Yes but the way the courts calculate child support is based on documented income. As far as I can tell David doesn't work. He claimed at one point to have a business but I doubt he is drawing a consistent salary, even if that's true. As for Janelle, she is a contract worker for MTV. The court would have to look at tax returns over time and I'm guessing she hasn't filed in years. Pursuing those two for support money would be like trying to get blood from a stone. 

• Love 9

I read elsewhere that those two are calling Maryssa a liar. 

So outraged that they would dare. I guess Jace is too. These rotten pos deserve every bit of karma coming their way. 

I pray Kaiser is never again forced to be in their "home".

This witch, talking about how great their marriage is, yeah we see that Jenelle. You pos, we were right all along, and YOU are the liar.

• Love 20

From my recollection, Nathan and Jenelle were scheduled for a court date on 5/30 regarding custody of Kaiser. Does anyone know if that court showdown occurred and what transpired?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

I disagree about barb. She bought that house and worked her ass off to pay for it. She tried to teach jenelle about money and saving and jenelle didn’t listen. She sss always yelling at her for paying too much in rent and takingcare of her “ lossserr boyfriends” she also worked her ass off at Walmart to provide medical benifits for all her kids and I’m pretty sure she does have a returement fund through Walmart which is probably why she kept working up until the bitter end at Walmart so she could retire with her 401k vested instead of quitting and taking that mtv money. I’m sure barb is doing ok. She probably has control of jaces college fund so I’m sure she has protected him too. 

The bashing barb talk kind of bothers me. No parent if perfect and I think she’s done the best she could being a single mother.

I totally agree....however, I do take issue with Barb on the fact that she was so close with Jenelle and David in the last six months or so and was at their house and must have observed all kinds of abusive behavior on the part of David and did not fight to keep Jace from being there...the gun situation alone would have been it for me. The news that the house was a filthy dirt mess with insects etc...should have been something that Barb would have noticed and maybe acted on. Who was looking out for these kids when so much was wrong? I feel Barb sacrificed the kids safety for her very sad and codependent relationship with Jenelle. Jenelle is a fully grown adult...Barb should put Jace and Ensley's safety and well being the first priority now and do everything she can to protect them and keep them away from David and Jenelle.

• Love 8
(edited)

Barb just posted: 

E63DAA2C-9547-494F-8688-5BD82E3B2003.jpeg

I guess that means they get to meet and hear about the CG? I’m not near any coasts so I’ve never heard of this.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Barb just posted: 

I guess that means they get to meet and hear about the CG? I’m not near any coasts so I’ve never heard of this.

Is Jace's shirt a message from Barb to David???

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

It's being reported that Jenelle and David flew to Washington, D.C. today on a "business/vacation trip". They claim they have business to attend to with Jenelle's cosmetic line and are treating the weekend like a vacation. Apparently they are enjoying being able to be child free and are relaxing, etc...the article on this comes from popculture.realitytv   As I live in the DC area, I find it laughable that they have "business" to attend to here on Saturday...DC is shut down tight on the weekends except for the museums, restaurants and parks, etc...nothing "business meeting" oriented goes on here after 5 PM on Friday.

My prediction is that these two will stop fighting for custody for Ensley and Kaiser now that they see that they are free to do whatever they want without the burden of taking care of kids. Once the money runs out it will be interesting to see how they are able to sustain the MTV lifestyle without the cash flow...especially if they buying drugs, guns and cars. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
22 minutes ago, starfire said:

From my recollection, Nathan and Jenelle were scheduled for a court date on 5/30 regarding custody of Kaiser. Does anyone know if that court showdown occurred and what transpired?

I read that it was postponed due to everything going on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Another, just posted: (I’m not crazy, they were each at the top of my feed when I checked Instagram)

4C15295C-E414-4A17-B2DB-B99458CF1774.jpeg

Barb doesn’t seem to know you can post multiple pictures under one post. 😆 Here’s another:

A5B30055-896D-434B-902F-22D862AB2F0E.jpeg

It’s so good to see them doing something normal and it’s good for them to see positive people WITH JOBS and actual careers, like the CG.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 24
28 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Pretty much.  I live on the west coast, and I've heard of things like this.  Never been to one.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

Ensley is not is foster child. Barb has temporary custody. I could be wrong I think that’s different than fostering achild. She’s barbs granddaughter. Barb can post whatever pictures She Wants of her own granddaughter 

Wouldn’t that fall under kinship fostering? I mean if Barb didn’t take Ensley and no other family member could/would she would be with a foster family. So what is the difference being with a family member or not?  It’s not exactly the same as Barb just being her grandmother since she has assumed custody. It makes sense to me that there would be different guidelines but are there actual legal differences and what exactly are they? Anyone know?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

Wouldn’t that fall under kinship fostering? I mean if Barb didn’t take Ensley and no other family member could/would she would be with a foster family. So what is the difference being with a family member or not?  It’s not exactly the same as Barb just being her grandmother since she has assumed custody. It makes sense to me that there would be different guidelines but are there actual legal differences and what exactly are they? Anyone know?

Might be a good idea for Barb not to post pics for awhile...these kids need some privacy and healing. I understand that Barb wants people to see that she's taking good care of the kids and exposing them to healthy and fun excursions and we get it. Let them be.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Barb just posted: 

I grew up on the ocean and the Coast Guard and Harbormaster had "open house" days where families could come and tour, similar to what fire stations do.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

I totally agree....however, I do take issue with Barb on the fact that she was so close with Jenelle and David in the last six months or so and was at their house and must have observed all kinds of abusive behavior on the part of David and did not fight to keep Jace from being there...the gun situation alone would have been it for me. The news that the house was a filthy dirt mess with insects etc...should have been something that Barb would have noticed and maybe acted on. Who was looking out for these kids when so much was wrong? I feel Barb sacrificed the kids safety for her very sad and codependent relationship with Jenelle. Jenelle is a fully grown adult...Barb should put Jace and Ensley's safety and well being the first priority now and do everything she can to protect them and keep them away from David and Jenelle.

Were there pics of Barb ever at their house? If not, I’m not convinced she ever actually went there. They probably kept her from seeing it and most or all of the bad things going on there. I definitely side eye the drunken “partying her ass off” with Jenelle but I don’t think that means she was fully abreast of what was occurring or observed the state of The Land herself. I’m not sure of the legalities but I don’t think she had a right to demand to see The Land and check the conditions. IF Barb DID go to The Land and see all that, that’s a serious issue....and would definitely make me question her judgement. I don’t think she’s that dumb, which is why I have to believe she didn’t see direct evidence until proven otherwise.

Edited by Rebecca
Typos
  • Love 10