Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Rdh1314 said:

BIG TIME.  It's horrible. 

At least one person never goes to another one.

5 minutes ago, Rdh1314 said:

45 minutes ago, Spike said:

Funerals are way overpriced as well and people are guilted into spending more than necessary.

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Agreed. Its a party to which you are inviting guests. If you had a party at your home you wouldn't make your guests pay for drinks.

Wine and beer is even less expensive if you buy it yourself and bring it in.

This reminds me of an embarrassing faux pas at our daughter's modest wedding reception in 2005. Beautiful rustic venue, catered food, disc jockey, pretty much the works. 

We brought in a few cases of chilled champagne, which was perfectly allowed. But, we weren't informed (nor did we even think to ask), that the venue employees were not authorized/allowed/willing to open & serve it! I bartended for awhile, then the guests self-served; everything turned out fine. Lesson learned. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

And regardless of how nice the wedding is, there will always be catty guests critical of everything and everyone -- the bride's dress, the best man's toast, that they hired a DJ instead of a live band, the quality of the meal, the flavor of the cake, whether the bride visited all the tables ...

Cue another TLC shit show: "Four Weddings." Maybe if they actually get married, the brides on this show can do a crossover with "Four Weddings" and score each others' weddings. Leida will give everyone a 1

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Cue another TLC shit show: "Four Weddings." Maybe if they actually get married, the brides on this show can do a crossover with "Four Weddings" and score each others' weddings. Leida will give everyone a 1

I would live for this show: a 90 days Four Weddings crossover!  If they include one gypsy wedding of impoverished Appalacian teens, the TLC gods would have heard my prayers.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

I would live for this show: a 90 days Four Weddings crossover!  If they include one gypsy wedding of impoverished Appalacian teens, the TLC gods would have heard my prayers.

even better if the gypsy bride weighs 600+ pounds! 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Mothra said:

I guess you missed the part of Nick's lecture where he assured Asuelu (free Asuelu!) that Kalani is "a very intelligent woman."  OTOH, I guess it has to be pointed out--often--because it sure isn't obvious from her words/behavior.

Poor Asuelu took that lecture as an indication of support and love from Nick.  Free Asuelu!

LOL... that goes right along there with Leida having to tell people she has class. If they have to keep reminding people, they don't really have it.

Kalani is as dumb as a box of rocks. 

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Do you see Leida looking to the left when she talks about her 300k wedding? All body language experts say this is a sign of LYING, making something up from imagination. 

Oh HELL YESSSS! I love you so much for pointing that out, I hadn’t noticed. 👀

I also heard touching one’s nose is a sign someone is lying, or subconsciously shaking their heads when they’re making a positive statement like. 🤨

13 hours ago, Drogo said:

Can't speak for others, but I was being serious about the tackiness that is a cash bar.  IMO, someone should not have to pull out their wallet if they want to have a drink at my wedding.

I’m still kind of torn on it because I look at things per case...

Like, I’ve had friends who’ve had some hardships and I think they deserve better in life and if I could, I would’ve helped them out and I’m kind of mad that I’m not in a position to do so (especially if it’s their first wedding—because that’s got to be special). So if this person’s reception was a dinner out where we go Dutch, I’d be 110% on board with it!

On the other hand, I also had some moocher friends who are only around to use me (they like me because I have a car, except they’re always asking me to drive them far places to “hangout”) and this person made me bring my own false lashes to hand to the makeup artist (she also had to approve them while we shopped for them—but it came out of my pocket, and that was just the tip of the iceberg). I still feel resentful about it (but mostly because she’s been taking advantage of me and another friend we hangout with AGES, she’s been mooching and bossing some of us around since middle school LOL). She’s entitled and I don’t think she deserves to be. But I put up with her because she’s just after creature comforts and petty cash (and we don’t take that when we die). I’ve seen worse in humans.

I mean I’ve seen people so thirsty for fame/status, that it’s more important for them to invite celebrities they barely know just so they can brag about who came to their wedding. Like, I thought the person you’re marrying was supposed to be the most important person for you that day.

Gold-digging is bad, but it’s not as bad as [for example] befriending someone famous to take advantage of, marrying someone just to be on “90-Day Fiancé” (cough), or to get a green card (cough). So I’ll forgive that friend.

I’ll stop rambling now. Sorry.

My issue with Leida/Eric’s cash bar is that one half of this couple just can’t shut up about how “wealthy” she supposedly is.

172D50C0-3A31-41BB-87FE-5326748E8CB8.thumb.jpeg.6c38836b051d6336e1a920078aa8d9c3.jpeg

Sure, Jan.

Now I don’t believe that wealthy people owe me anything, but FFS, if you’re so wealthy SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GO PAY FOR YOUR OWN DAMN WEDDING!

Oh, and by the way? In Indonesia (especially if you’re Javanese or non-Muslim), the bride’s family pays for the wedding. So don’t “conveniently forget” that too, Leida. 😒

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I didn't know they still made those. Inflatable chairs were all the rage in my freshman dorm in the early aughts (so it would make total sense to me if the apartment and blow-up couch were Eric's 19-year-old daughter's).

I don't know ... I think it's the rare grown-ass man who makes himself look like he has less than he does, especially on television. And I think people who do are generally in higher income brackets, a la "the millionaire next door." Eric comes across like someone who's broke who's trying to appear middle class, not like someone who's got bank who's trying to appear middle class. And if he's playing a role, I don't think Leida is in on it. Leida seems genuinely surprised by how little he has. I don't think she could - would! - fake that. Didn't she say this episode that Eric had told her he made decent money?

I agree with you. Millionaires next door don't "pick and choose" which bills they pay, broke people do. There's no shame in either, but one of the tenets of being financially stable without being showy is paying your bills on time. Dude's broke and misled his bride into thinking he was comfortable.

• Love 7

OK, I've been out of the loop and just now got caught up - sorry if I'm kicking the already dead horse.  I really think a lot of the Steven & Olga stuff is producer editing or somehow manipulation.  I think they are playing off the fact that neither one really knows what they are doing - Olga naturally has a lot of apprehension about doing the right thing and we aren't seeing where she might be acting slightly over the top.  I'm not saying she's wrong or bad just really high strung about it.  

When they were in the hospital and Olga kept telling Steven to wash his hands and he kept saying he already had - I kept flashing back to that diaper commercial.  The one where the mother practically makes the little girl take a Silkwood shower before touching the first baby but is handing the second off to anyone who'll hold it.  Do parents REALLY wash their hands every time they pick up their child?  I do not have children - but I have never had anyone tell me to wash my hands before touching their baby.  Unless it has a very compromised immune system most babies are fine - it's not like Steven just came in from cleaning the pig sty.  Why would he randomly be saying "You aren't going to tell me I can't touch my baby" if somehow the conversation (which we never saw) hadn't happened.  He has just as much right to touch the baby as she does.  I think this was somehow edited or manipulated.  I really think a lot of his frustration is feeling like he can NEVER do anything right. 

Olga could not figure out the car seat - he thought he would be able to and couldn't figure it out either - he was frustrated.  He was really trying to do something nice and "failing".  I think that's why he sounded short about "is this the right medication?"  He was expecting to be told that somehow he hadn't done that right either.  I really think Olga is trying her best but because he is not automatically doing everything the way she wants he is feeling like he is being told he is inadequate.  I'm not saying he is any kind of a saint but I really think we are being manipulated to think only one thing.

I also think the Ashley and Jay thing is also a set up.  I don't know by whom but it just strikes me as really fake.  No one knew who these people were several months ago.  Does anyone REALLY troll random wedding sites and discover the couple are interracial so they can then make racist comments?  Who except their friends and families would have even known they had a website?  Who would let random strangers know all their details and allow them to comment?  I thought everybody knew that you don't make certain things public for safety reasons (like posting publicly you are on vacation now so random strangers can come rob your house.)  I am old, and do not do social media but even I know you can limit who sees your info.

• Love 4

At this point, I am going to be very shocked/disappointed if Kalani and Asuelu do end up getting married.  She obviously doesn't like him, certainly doesn't respect him, and I have seen absolutely zero chemistry between them (at least slutpeople Ashley and Jay have THAT going for them).  He can do so much better with a simple island girl who runs on island time, not this witchy Kardashian vocal-fry wanna-be who has nothing going for her other than a family willing to enable her poor life decisions.  

• Love 19
50 minutes ago, liammaam said:

At this point, I am going to be very shocked/disappointed if Kalani and Asuelu do end up getting married.  She obviously doesn't like him, certainly doesn't respect him, and I have seen absolutely zero chemistry between them (at least slutpeople Ashley and Jay have THAT going for them).  He can do so much better with a simple island girl who runs on island time, not this witchy Kardashian vocal-fry wanna-be who has nothing going for her other than a family willing to enable her poor life decisions.  

The only couples I hope DO get married are Bitchface Leida & Greasy Dope Eric (because they deserve to make each other's lives miserable), and Yonathon & Boobies McGee (because he deserves to deal with her insane jealousy for all eternity for boinking someone who is basically still a kid/young adult. The rest are awful people who should not be allowed to partner or procreate, IMO...

• Love 3
17 hours ago, b2H said:

Slightly OT, but I think I have a story here that is relevant.  Some of you have seen my story where a former boyfriend dumped me in favor of a Chinese woman whom he brought over on a K-1.  They got married and have been together nearly 15 years.  I've met her once and he and I still occasionally communicate (today is his birthday, which opened up the following conversation).

Shortly after they married and relocated from NH to GA, she started up a business (nails and massage) with his support.  It became apparent that she was going to run the business using China rules rather than US rules and he got a bit upset about this, but she continued (he was in LE, so this was a bit of a problem for him).  Three years ago, he left GA to move to TN and she refused to go with him.  They've lived apart all this time and in TN, he tells me, her not moving to TN within two years is grounds for divorce.  She is still on a green card all these years later and is now involved in some pyramid scheme that's taking her to Hong Kong.  He has some legal recourse, but not much.  He sees a lawyer next week to begin divorce proceedings.  Now, in his 70s, he's devastated.

I can see this being the story with Leida and possibly Larisa.  I think Fern really does care for her guy, so I don't see this kind of scenario for her.  But the other two, absolutely.  I see some similarities between my friend and Eric, honestly.

Nah. While I think Larissa will certainly 100% eventually leave Colt in the future, she’s not going leave like that or treat him that way. And it’ll be more because he’s a psycho.

That doesn’t look like the way a person who admits to lying like this rolls:

B02AB27F-4B02-49CA-80D1-4F365EB8FDE7.thumb.jpeg.1d97862ebbcd3100ed29e04618c31a7a.jpeg

BF1006C9-8AF1-4019-877D-CE70759E3BB9.thumb.jpeg.03735d1b15ce2cb35ecfc2b65515c4bf.jpeg

59197153-E399-4C20-AC45-5E9070243EBB.thumb.jpeg.94761334de63baa5df7aa545a08acded.jpeg

LEIDA HOWEVER...

Yeah, I can see her pulling the whole “nail-salon-in-a-different-state” move.

Leida already “left” Eric before she even married him.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

When they were in the hospital and Olga kept telling Steven to wash his hands and he kept saying he already had - I kept flashing back to that diaper commercial.  The one where the mother practically makes the little girl take a Silkwood shower before touching the first baby but is handing the second off to anyone who'll hold it.  Do parents REALLY wash their hands every time they pick up their child?  I do not have children - but I have never had anyone tell me to wash my hands before touching their baby.  Unless it has a very compromised immune system most babies are fine - it's not like Steven just came in from cleaning the pig sty.  Why would he randomly be saying "You aren't going to tell me I can't touch my baby" if somehow the conversation (which we never saw) hadn't happened.  He has just as much right to touch the baby as she does.  I think this was somehow edited or manipulated.  I really think a lot of his frustration is feeling like he can NEVER do anything right. 

Parents of babies only days old do wash their hands a lot.  And Olga's issue was that he had been handling the bottom of shoes.  Which she explains, but he never listens.  He always just jumps to the, "don't tell me what to do", mindset.  

And thank you so much for the Silkwood shower reference.  I use this phrase and I feel like nobody understands what I'm talking about.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, millennium said:

Weddings are bad news all around.   There's the expectation that the bride's parents are going to shell out big bucks for the wedding and reception, and if they can't afford to, you can be sure somebody will be looking down their nose at them.   Ditto if they can't swing an open bar.   Then the bride has to weigh her romantic expectations (based on the wedding myth created by the bridal industry) and reconcile it with how much or how little there is to spend, which can lead to disappointment.   And regardless of how nice the wedding is, there will always be catty guests critical of everything and everyone -- the bride's dress, the best man's toast, that they hired a DJ instead of a live band, the quality of the meal, the flavor of the cake, whether the bride visited all the tables ...  I think it happens because let's face it, if you're not in the bridal party a wedding is mostly just a boring obligation -- one that will cost guests money, too -- and a crappy way to spend one of the two days you have off each week.   When folks get bored and resentful, they get nasty.   That's when the claws come out.

^^Nailed it^^ We flew to Vegas with some friends and my parents and had a blast. I still think it's funny how we had to wait in line for our marriage license at the Clark County courthouse.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, millennium said:

Weddings are bad news all around.  

it all depends on the maturity of the couple and if the bride has been raised to be a princess (Leida!).  My husband and I paid for our wedding ourselves and that was almost 30 years ago.  We knew our parents were in no position to do so, and as adults we didn't want them to anyway.  Plus, it was a small-ish affair (50 people, if that) as we just don't know that many people.  And yeah, we had a DJ and couldn't care less if people disliked it...though I don't think anybody cared because they too were not raised as royalty.  

14 hours ago, millennium said:

Have you noticed that the line in Eric's forehead is identical to the line of his mouth?

If it opens and starts to talk, I might scream.

Muppet

• Love 4
On 12/6/2018 at 7:40 AM, Drogo said:

Can't speak for others, but I was being serious about the tackiness that is a cash bar.  IMO, someone should not have to pull out their wallet if they want to have a drink at my wedding. 

Yep, 100% agree.  Another "trend" that needs to stop NOW are "honey funds" and GoFundMe accounts for weddings and honeymoons.  Wanna go to Mexico on a honeymoon?  Great! Skrimp, save, bring a lunch every day to work like me, shop at Aldi and Goodwill and PAY FOR IT YOURSELF.  Listen, if a well to do parents offers, accept if you are comfortable.  But please don't ask, don't beg, don't "suggest"....just don't.

Please don't ask me to bring a covered dish to your wedding, I really don't like potlucks because I never know who has washed hands beforehand plus it is now COSTING me $$ to attend, plus I am giving you a cash gift already.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:51 PM, Morgalisa said:

No way can Eric get thru the day without drinking.

I think that is why he looks so bloated.

Per the Four Weddings/Gypsy Wedding/600 lb crossover - someone please sign me up!!

Edited to add:  I am going to be the best Mother of the Groom someday!!  I had my semi big white wedding (120 guests) my second white wedding (hey there is purity in my heart) wedding for 44, I am so wedding'd out I will be:  "I am wearing beige and tell me where to sit."

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8
On 12/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, Dance4Life said:

Is Richie getting any milk?  She is breastfeeding like 24/7!  I thought breastfeeding was done every two hours for newborns.  Maybe she has a slow trickle. 

Breastfeeding is on demand pretty much. And if the on demand consumer isn't around you express it by hand if necessary, otherwise your breasts hurt like a motherfucker and milk dribbles, trickles, leaks or even spews. Newborns are notorious for nursing in short spurts and then falling asleep. Lactation consultants give you pointers in the hospital on the best way to keep the latch intact and the suckle going so that the breast doesn't become a pacifier. I'm kind of thinking that Russian hospital may not have had a lactation consultant on staff given that they barely seemed to have a nurse. But at a basic level when that baby cries you latch it on and hope you can get him to swallow an ounce or so before he nods off and you have to chuck him under the chin to get his little mouth going again or before you have to switch breasts. An average feeding for a newborn is 2 to 3 ounces. To put that into perspective, a shot glass is around an ounce and half to 2 ounces.  

• Love 10
11 hours ago, liammaam said:

I agree with this, but more important, I'm amazed at the craftsmanship.  If I ever wrote a paragraph this well constructed, I'd include it on my resume.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Do parents REALLY wash their hands every time they pick up their child?  I do not have children - but I have never had anyone tell me to wash my hands before touching their baby.  Unless it has a very compromised immune system most babies are fine

Absolutely. There's a reason that hospitals literally have hand sanitizer dispensers on the walls of every patient room and why there are specific products that can attach hand sanitizer bottles to the handles of strollers, car seats and baby carriers.  As for "most babies are fine" that's not the case. Babies only have limited immunity from disease, although breastfeeding lengthens that, which is why childhood immunizations are vital. In the US, per CDC guidelines, newborns will receive a Hep B while at the hospital and a follow-up at their 4 week visit. They won't get anything else until their 8 week in most cases.  And frankly, even then there are a metric ton of things that new human can catch that are not (or were not, or are not yet) preventable by immunization. My infant son caught RSV.  RSV is a ridiculously common virus that pretty much everyone has or gets and that generally results in a cold. In infants it is a big problem and can even be fatal. In my son it resulted in damage to the bronchioles in his left lung, a childhood of dependency on nebulizer treatments, prescription inhalers, multiple trips to the ER for pneumonia and pleurisy, near constant bouts with respiratory infections, and my own ability to detect stridor or wheezing the instant they set in. The number one way to prevent your baby from catching RSV is for people to wash their damn hands before they touch a baby. It's the single, simplest and most effective way to prevent giving a disease that may have little to no impact on an adult to a baby that has to live with the consequences of it the rest of their lives. 

Edited by shockermolar
ETA: So fuck Steven's ridiculous "don't tell me what to do" bullshit about the hand washing. Literally my #1 regret in life is that it took my baby contracting a disease that damaged his body for me to learn to stand up for my child in medical situations
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

Absolutely. There's a reason that hospitals literally have hand sanitizer dispensers on the walls of every patient room and why there are specific products that can attach hand sanitizer bottles to the handles of strollers, car seats and baby carriers.  As for "most babies are fine" that's not the case. Babies only have limited immunity from disease, although breastfeeding lengthens that, which is why childhood immunizations are vital. In the US, per CDC guidelines, newborns will receive a Hep B while at the hospital and a follow-up at their 4 week visit. They won't get anything else until their 8 week in most cases.  And frankly, even then there are a metric ton of things that new human can catch that are not (or were not, or are not yet) preventable by immunization. My infant son caught RSV.  RSV is a ridiculously common virus that pretty much everyone has or gets and that generally results in a cold. In infants it is a big problem and can even be fatal. In my son it resulted in damage to the bronchioles in his left lung, a childhood of dependency on nebulizer treatments, prescription inhalers, multiple trips to the ER for pneumonia and pleurisy, near constant bouts with respiratory infections, and my own ability to detect stridor or wheezing the instant they set in. The number one way to prevent your baby from catching RSV is for people to wash their damn hands before they touch a baby. It's the single, simplest and most effective way to prevent giving a disease that may have little to no impact on an adult to a baby that has to live with the consequences of it the rest of their lives. 

I’d also like to add kissing babies to this. HSV is deadly to babies.

i keep hearing about how young Steven is and how he has to learn how to parent. But he didn’t know about breastfeeding. Or c-section recovery. Or dirty hands handing a pair of dirty sneakers. He didn’t try to read any books do any googling on babies, childbirth or parenting? No intellectual curiosity? But he sure knows that he’s right and how to tell Olga she’s wrong.

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I’d also like to add kissing babies to this. HSV is deadly to babies.

i keep hearing about how young Steven is and how he has to learn how to parent. But he didn’t know about breastfeeding. Or c-section recovery. Or dirty hands handing a pair of dirty sneakers. He didn’t try to read any books do any googling on babies, childbirth or parenting? No intellectual curiosity? But he sure knows that he’s right and how to tell Olga she’s wrong.

And Olga is a first time mother, chances are she knew very little also. She most likely did some research and received some information from the hospital but the reality is she's learning how to be a mom, day by day, just like Steven needs to learn to be a dad, day by day. One thing she did learn is the importance of washing hands before touching the baby, Steven needs to learn that lesson even if she has to remind him every time. Taking care of an infant is stressful enough, dealing with a sick one is way more stressful. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Only if Fighting Frank Smalls is a part of it.  I stopped watching the American version of that show in the first season, but I remember Fighting Frank vividly, and how everyone claimed not to know him, but everyone knew him, lol.

• Love 3

I'm not going to lie.  I didn't ask everyone to wash their hands before touching my baby two years ago.  If someone was not feeling well I didn't let them hold the baby, and I generally kept all children away from him (they always have germs)!  But I honestly never thought about asking people to do it, and all of my relatives had enough common sense to do so if they had just been handling something gross or dirty.  I trust my relatives to wash their hands after using the bathroom.

I probably didn't think about it because I felt like crap for 6 weeks after my c section and was breastfeeding my 9 pound baby non stop.  (Seeing Olga exhausted feeding the baby brings back memories)!

Maybe I was too lax, but I had an incredibly healthy baby who never got sick until he was over 1 year.

• Love 8
On 12/6/2018 at 4:55 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

LOL... that goes right along there with Leida having to tell people she has class. If they have to keep reminding people, they don't really have it.

Kalani is as dumb as a box of rocks. 

Leida has great taste, after all she chose Eric.........5c0b3661db49c_leidatotalloser1.png.2554a9b6e89d157937ed54a59966466a.png

• Love 8

i wonder if Kalani used Asuelo to get pregnant, her clock would certainly have been ticking.  

Leida is such s self centered person with no regard for other people I couldn’t possibly begin to imagine her being a doctor.

Edited by endure
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Eagle Woman said:

I dont know how to add photos, but I snapped a photo of Eric showing only his hair, forehead "mouth" and his eyes an turned it upside down and he looked like a smirking Leprachan! It was amazing,LOL.

lmao i was actually coming to post that his forehead mouth makes his entire face look like one of those pictures you turn upside down and it's a totally different face.  

i was telling someone that he reminds me of my former boss (everything about him) and she was horrified.  "yes. absolutely. omg. WAIT DOESN'T HE HAVE THREE DAUGHTERS TOO?" and then we found youtube videos of puppies and baby lemurs and baby birds and put ourselves in a happy place.  

it's sad that leida's happy place is with Sad Sack Forehead Mouth.  

• Love 2

One thing struck me on the rewatch of this episode:  At no point did I see Steven lovingly look at his son.  Instead, he seems to have the detached, "he's ruining my sex life and is a burden" look.  

• Love 7

Leida kicks Tasha out of the house; Jonathan's past catches up to him; Ashley and Jay worry about their safety; Kalani confronts Asuelu about their issues; Steven and Olga's plans get derailed; Larissa and John have an explosive fight. 

This topic is marked "NO SPOILERS" and is for discussion of the episode only.  If you want to talk about something you read online, visit the appropriate couple's thread. 

I keep forgetting about Larissa's diet breakfast for Coltie--Nutella toast?  Sign me up!--and how ignorant she is about nutrition.   Bread, Nutella and fruit is a *terrible* (but delicious) breakfast for someone trying to lose weight, and Coltie is right--he needs some protein.  Because he is fat, and she isn't, no one will listen to him.

And I know it didn't happen in this episode, but every morning when I put on my $125 Citizen ergonomic wristwatch, I am reminded of Eric playfully (?) warning the Indonesian postal authorities that they'd better not steal those "very expensive" watches he sent to Leida's parents.  PS Eric:  "ergonomic" doesn't mean solar, you dumb son-of-a-bitch.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I keep forgetting about Larissa's diet breakfast for Coltie--Nutella toast?  Sign me up!--and how ignorant she is about nutrition.   Bread, Nutella and fruit is a *terrible* (but delicious) breakfast for someone trying to lose weight, and Coltie is right--he needs some protein.  Because he is fat, and she isn't, no one will listen to him.

Colt isn’t trying to lose weight.   Now that Larissa is here, his motivation and diet is over.   He’s probably packed on 25 lbs since the show started filming.  

• Love 10
On 12/8/2018 at 12:22 AM, endure said:

Leida is such s self centered person with no regard for other people I couldn’t possibly begin to imagine her being a doctor.

She even admitted straight out that she wants to be a doctor in America because of the money. She's in for a shock because young doctors nowadays usually have to work for years before they start making a good salary especially if they have college and medical school debt. Oh wait, she's counting on Eric to pay for her education...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Well, if she isn't fat she needs to buy bigger clothes . . . because what she wears is so tight, it makes her look a bit chunky.

I don't think she's fat, just what the coroner calls 'well-nourished.' 

• Love 5
On 11/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Deafening Roar said:

Are we still sticking to Kalani saying she was nearly 30 before she gave in and lost her virginity to this sweet, precious, albeit very simple man? I'm not buying it. What exactly was she waiting on? Had Asuelo not come along, would she have continued waiting patiently to lose her virginity?

I'm sorry but Asuelo just isn't a man that I look at and think "man this hunk of a man makes my loins burn" 🤷

I think Eric isn't 40 and Kalani wasn't a virgin for quite some time. They are both lying liars.

And Colt is not a sex machine 

• Love 3
On 11/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, AlanaHeart said:

I think that some people are being too hard on Steven.  Yes, he was a complete jerk and was very rude to her in the hospital room.  100%- he should be ashamed of his behavior and when he looks back on this I think he will be extremely embarrassed and regretful for his actions. But telling Olga to run for the hills and that he is probably going to beat her up in the future is a bit dramatic, unfair and premature. Also, to say that Olga was fearful- I don’t think she was.  I think she was super annoyed, frustrated and pissed off that he was acting like a child but I don’t think she was afraid at all.

Right now, I’m willing to give Steven a pass for now- I think he’s under an immense amount of stress and on a scale of 1 to 10 he’s at 11.  Olga is not saying,” I’m afraid, stop shouting at me.” She just keeps on saying, “Stop freaking out.” Because she realizes he’s under stress and isn’t handling it well.  I think Olga will decide to go to the U.S. with Steven and will take some time to observe him and see if his behavior improves once he is back home where he is comfortable.  I think Olga is smart enough to know that Steve and she are in a highly unusual and stressful situation and is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I’m giving Steve the benefit of the doubt until I see how he behaves after a few weeks/months in the U.S.. If he still a jerk then- then some decisions will need to be made but I think Steve’s grandparents will help him chill out as well.

Also- I just want to call out a double standard I’m seeing. I think people are so willing to be hard on men for saying and doing things but when a woman does the same behavior- it’s excused because she’s a woman.  As a woman this pisses me off. Kalani is doing saying awful things to Asuelu- is anyone giving the same advice for Asuelu as they do Olga? That Kalani is a future abuser, that Asuelu should take the baby and leave the country with Oliver because Kalani is defiantly going to hit/abuse them both in the future?  Kalani’s and Steve’s actions are just as bad with their yelling- but somehow with Steve- we take it to the level of high threat of potential domestic violence because he is a man but no one has mentioned that same with Kalani.

Even furthermore someone was assaulted on the show! Fernanda cursed out her fiancé and literally assaulted a woman in the club. I don’t hear anyone calling for Jon to run for the hills from Fernanda before she starts hitting him (which I wouldn’t put it pass her). Fernanda and Steve are both 20 years old and yet she gets a pass for being that way in the club because she is female, young, in a new country and is a “Fiery Latina”.  Steve is the same age as Fernanda in another country, doesn’t lay hands on anyone, says some jerk things but people are quick to say he is abuser and that Olga needs to “disappear” in Russia. It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or woman doing the hitting or is someone is physically stronger than someone else. No one should be hitting anyone or laying hands on anyone else. So unless we are going to call Fernanda and Kalani future batterers I think we should layoff giving Steve this label- it’s not fair and seems sexist looking at the action of two women on this show.

Interesting...

Steve, Fernanda, Olga, Asuelu, Jay - same age, however  behave so differently 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I am reminded of Eric playfully (?) warning the Indonesian postal authorities that they'd better not steal those "very expensive" watches he sent to Leida's parents. 

I'll bet Leida's "VERY WEALTHY" (did you know Leida is rich?) parents will regift those watches to their servants. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Maximadc said:

Interesting...

Steve, Fernanda, Olga, Asuelu, Jay - same age, however  behave so differently 

Many posts have mentioned that Fernanda was way out of line in the club and that it probably wasn’t the first time or the last, recommending that Jon think about marrying someone so young and immature. 

They’ve also called out Kalani on the way she speaks to Asuelu and disrespects him. He’s been advised to head back to Samoa and not marry her. 

• Love 1

Ashley is not too bright, regarding their wedding site. When my cousin’s daughter got married, she and her fiance had a wedding registry site, which also included all kinds of info about the wedding venue .... the invitations to showers and the wedding each had a passcode. The only people getting in there were the people who were invited. So now she’s got her friends who forked over money for bridesmaid dresses yet again not getting to wear them in her wedding. Once they are altered, you can’t take them back, can you? I personally think the comments were manufactured for drama. No one knew who they were unless people saw them filming. And I’ve not seen them out in too many public places. I think the whole thing was fake. And the stuff with his dad I think was ramped up also. Otherwise, they are pretty boring.

Eric, stick to your guns. Do not let that diva convince you to marry her. I wanted to shake her, and slap him into reality. How on earth did these two get together? She thought she’d come over here and he’d automatically do everything she told him to? Probably why her first marriage ended. Why doesn’t Eric explain to this harpy that it’s the LAW that he pay child support? She is all about the money, nothing more. I cannot stand this bitch. She will make his life miserable. “Dramatic....dramatic....” LOL, love how Tasha stood her ground. Then we see her father tell her on TV to get her shit out. THAT is cruel. And all this going on in front of the kids. Damn, woman, go home!!

I feel so bad for Aseulo. He doesn’t deserve this from her and her family. His brother made an inappropriate comment. OK, do you need to bring that up, Kalani??? And she insults him as much if not more than her family members. Ever notice how many times she uses the word “stuck”? He’s going to be miserable if he marries her. He is a sweet spirited soul and she’s going to kill that.

Larissa, I really want you to go away. He tells you to spend $1000 or less, and you pick a dress that’s more than double that price. Colt will be bankrupt soon. Mom, keep on drinking, just don’t wind up in detox because of it. I enjoyed John telling her off!! Then the more he drank, the more “bitch” kept coming out of his mouth. Colt says he can’t handle someone that is irrational and screams. Uh, dude, you’re getting ready to marry one. He needs to grow a pair.... but with those manboobs, probably isn’t going to happen. He should take that ring back to the jeweler and get her a cubic zirconia.

Steven. I really don’t know what to say. Every time he opens his mouth I get angry and fearful for Olga. He’s the biggest bully asshole to ever come on this show. And hateful. Angry. Entitled. God help Olga and the baby if she’s ever in some kind of accident and hospitalized, leaving the baby with Steven. He’ll lose it when the baby cries and do God knows what.  

At this point, Jonathan and Fernanda are the only couple I am rooting for. It was so sweet and thoughtful of her to try to get him to think about getting he and his mother back on the same page. 

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 15

I understand Leida in a way. Since she has arrived in the US, she hasn’t been treated that well. She’s been carted from one random place to another. She has to field snobby comments from her family who she probably doesn’t want to come back and hear, “I told you so.” However, she is also extremely immature with extremely poor social and communication skills. Because of that, it’s hard to feel bad for her because it’s hard to know if she’s an awful person and deserves her fate, or if she has a point but just doesn’t have the skills to communicate properly. Either way, Leida is giving Eric every sign that she hates him and does not want to be there, and he’s still holding hope she loves him. Maybe they are scamming each other?

Debbie is a nightmare. Colt is a nightmare. Larissa is a nightmare. It’s sort of inevitable that they all found each other. However, Debbie’s comments about choosing a dress or a green card were beyond mean spirited, bitter, and made her seem jealous as hell. She should not be worrying about Colt’s finances. He’s a grown up. Let Colt discuss it with Larissa. Debbie is freaking out that Larissa will take away from her lifestyle and she will be pushed out. She’s ensuring that will happen, IMO. I’m pretty sure Larissa is going to be able to handle whatever comes her way.

John appears to be ragingly jealous of Larissa. And I think he’s a bit attracted to her. Coltee appears, as he should, to be LOVING the attention. Debbie, playing with the kids, looks pretty fucking guilty. After that whole thing, I hope that Larissa and Coltee do get married and kick out Debbie. Debbie can live with John, and Coltee can field Larissa. 

Leida insisting that Eric doesn’t pay child support makes no sense to me. It’s like insisting he stop paying taxes. He legally has to. I have no idea why Erik likes this woman at all, except that he likes to fight, loves being miserable, and is completely narcissistic. 

Tasha is easily the smartest person on this show. 

• Love 24