Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E05: Jackets and Eggs

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Okay, the tribal council exits are becoming the best part of these episodes. That whole exchange of Angelina asking for the jacket, Natalie being Natalie and completely ignoring her and giving zero fucks, Mike laughing, then Nick saying that she can have his now after all the saga with him and Natalie about the jacket and then both he and Mike bursting out laughing even more, was freaking hilarious. What I don't understand is why Angelina didn't ask for the jacket when she got up to give Natalie her farewell hug. She waits when Natalie, who's already likely pissed about being voted off, is walking towards Jeff, to then ask for the jacket. 

• Love 22

Hated Natalia and Natalie and Angelina... so many vile Goliath women.    Glad Natalie didn’t give Angelina... Who threw her partially under the bus making it seem like the jacket bullying was all on Natalie 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 22

Only half-paying attention, don't know how and why jackets became a topic . . . but Natalie is gone! Praise Jeebus!! I mean, she would be on the list for an alumni season. Not the short list, but not far from the top. Seriously, she's damaged. Well, at least on this show. I'd love to see how many people working for her have stories about her . . . eccentricities.

Wasn't the last evacuation also based in Fiji? I'm not saying it's an omen for the series sticking in one place, but I think we might need rotating locations.

Good challenges. But here's my question: with Natalie gone, whom do I loathe now? Aside from the bulk of the folks on The Challenge, of course.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

What a fantastic season so far! It’s about time. We were due.

That TC was just hilarious. “You can make a preacher cuss” followed by Angelina pleading for Natalie’s jacket as she saunters off. I was rolling!

And now that somebody named Allison has apparently joined the game, I now know who everyone is. I’m not happy that Dan has 2 idols but he’s at least become more tolerable now that he’s shut up about showmances. I love when they hide the idol at challenges. I’m impatiently waiting for the day someone gets caught.

The thing about Dan is he doesn't seem super bright, and I feel like he's going to either get voted out with both idols, misplays the idols, or give them to someone and they get voted out with them, ala Scot and Jason during Koah Rong.

• Love 18

Thank you Mike!

Oh Angelina groveling for your dom's jacket.  And then The Queen kicks her in the teeth on the way out the door, and takes her jacket off to Ponderosa.  Way Cool!

(in the beginning....)

Alec trying to smooth Cara.

Big Storm.  "Get my black ass outta here!" lol

Indeed! Big Goliath Weather is the great equalizer.

Serious wreckage, but the building materials are still there.  Suck it up and put it back together.

See the new teams.  OOoooh!  No!  No mo' Nasty Natalia.

Chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth for the win!   Rooster dinner.  Yum!

Good call Elizabeth.   Cara is bad news.

I love Lyrsa!  Have since Day 1.  

I hate to agree with Natalie, but I would boil up those eggs now.  Eat one tonight and have the other one for breakfast.

Or, if I had a frying pan, just scramble them all up and feast.

Dan gets another idol.  Ugh.  I don't like cops.  Never have.  Never will.  (cop peered through my window and I got busted for smoking weed in my living room.  Cost me $6000 twenty five years ago.)

I will give Dan credit for being smart and knowing to look for the idol, and making a fantastic move to snag it at the challenge.

"I want Lyrsa's jacket"  "I'll force Nick to get it for you"

Evil bitches.  

No Mike.  Angelina is a lost cause.  She's Natalies bitch.

Sales?  I suppose she could sell water in the desert.

• Love 11

I really enjoyed Lyrsa in this episode and was very impressed to hear she graduated Magna cum Laude from a Paris cooking school. (Did I hear that right?) I just wish I could get over my antipathy to nose rings. When she's talking I struggle not to stare at it. 

I noticed Natalie's "compliment" about Lyrsa's purple hair. I think she meant it, but it's like she always throws in a compliment about someone's eyes or hair as she votes them off. Why doesn't that give me a warm, fuzzy feeling? It makes her seem even more manipulative than ever. Sorry, I mean "salesmanlike". 

• Love 22
35 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So I’ll pretend she didn’t talk about squirrel hunting with a sling shot.

The weirdest part of this episode was that they edited that line in later.  I specifically rewound to watch Elizabeth's face - her mouth didn't move.  That was very, very strange.  And unnecessary.  So contrived.

Kara's eyebrows are extremely perfect.  I guess she got them permanently done.

Nick was seeming kind of attractive this episode.  His eyes were so blue.  And I liked that he recognized Natalie was threatening him - although it was Angelina's fault, really, it's just that he didn't know.

Lyrsa is becoming a lot more likeable.  Sometimes she makes cute slips of the tongue, but whatever.  She's likeable.  "I graduated Magna cum lolly."  Maybe I heard that wrong.

Angelina had a good episode last week but this one it's like.. hahahahahhaha.  I don't know.  Hard to take her seriously again.

I like how the teams are evenly matched and everyone's getting chances to win, even though Davids abound.  I think I like this cast because the guys aren't so typical alpha male except for that wrestler guy.  They're like regular guys, so I really root for them.  I like how Natalie and Angelina's team kept losing even though I definitely didn't expect them to.  That's great.  

Carl's quiet adeptness/ability at this game is beautiful to me for some reason.

I'm glad I watched this instead of the World Series game 2.  It was SO entertaining.  I have to go back to baseball now though.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 24
8 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I am loving how Christian is a challenge beast especially with the two buff bros in his new tribe. 

I love how the two buff bros said he could be a member of the ‘brochata’s ‘. He was so happy! 

It would be funny if they could replicate Lyrsa’s green Members Only jacket for the three of them after the season is over. They could wear them at the reunion. Natalie would be so jealous. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

The thing about Dan is he doesn't seem super bright, and I feel like he's going to either get voted out with both idols, misplays the idols, or give them to someone and they get voted out with them

Karl has the "Idol Nullifier" if he knows when to use it.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

What a fantastic season so far! It’s about time. We were due.

You really said it.  It's like we're getting our reward now.  And like @Lantern7 asks, who will we hate now that Natalie's gone?   LOL.  Angelina is more hilarious than anything.  This so far, is a pretty likeable cast!  A great mix of weirdos. 

• Love 16

Now I know there are way more reasons why Natalie was voted out other than #jacketgate but that whole incident left a bad taste in my mouth.  I didn't like Natalie taking the fall when Angelina was just as shady.  When Angelina was giving her spiel about Natalie acting "out of love", I was really hoping that Natalie would tell the truth and call her out.  

I think it is safe to assume that Natalie has a guaranteed spot on a future season now lol.

• Love 12

I am sure I am on an island of one but I am loving Angelina. She truly is the villainess we deserve this season.  Natalie was fun and all but she was kind over the top.

(FWIW. Angelina seemed to confirm on twitter that she only voted for Lyrsa so that she could ask for Natalie's jacket)

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, LanceM said:

(FWIW. Angelina seemed to confirm on twitter that she only voted for Lyrsa so that she could ask for Natalie's jacket)

If that’s true, I am so glad Natalie sensed she might be involved and didn’t give it to her!

• Love 8

And that was a delicious F-You by Natalie pointedly wearing her jacket in the goodbye confessional.

Speaking of which-A big F-You to "poor baby use to be 320 pounds" Brochero or douchero if you ask me for continually targeting sweet, adorable Gabby! Please, a merge can't come soon enough to get her away from those always plotting to get her out first. She delights me and I am so invested in her.

The eggs..I don't know...I think making them right away might have been the better idea...how long before they can go bad?

Also how cold can it be in the tropics?!

The evacuation leaves a lot of questions. Where did they go? How long where they there? Do they get downey beds? Do they get fed regular meals?

Maybe I'm just armchair quarterbacking but its SURVIVOR...they should have left them there. I feel like in the early days they would have....did the Australian outback camp get washed away in a flood?

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Natalie really crossed the line tonight, with the jackets. She’s a bully. I hope her employees are OK, or if she’s different around them, they are seeing her in a new light.

“Disapproval In The Air” would have been a great title for this episode.

“You can make a preacher cuss” was my favorite line of the night.

I thought "You can make a preacher cuss" would have been a great title :D

As for Natalie - maybe they like her okay in spite of herself, if she runs a good company, gives good Christmas bonuses, etc.  But it's easy for the boss to think she gets along with everyone!

34 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I really enjoyed Lyrsa in this episode and was very impressed to hear she graduated Magna cum Laude from a Paris cooking school. (Did I hear that right?) I just wish I could get over my antipathy to nose rings. When she's talking I struggle not to stare at it. 

Me too!  I was actually pleased going into TC tonight because I can't stand Natalie, and can't stand looking at Lyrsa.

33 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Lyrsa is becoming a lot more likeable.  Sometimes she makes cute slips of the tongue, but whatever.  She's likeable.  "I graduated Magna cum lolly."  Maybe I heard that wrong.

I think it's just that the D in Spanish is pronounced a lot softer than in English :)

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

C'mon Angelia...I don't even like Natalie but begging for her jacket  RIGHT AFTER you've voted her out?! And that was a delicious F-You by Natalie pointedly wearing her jacket in the goodbye confessional.

Speaking of F-You's a big one due "poor baby use to be 320 pounds" Brochero or douchero if you ask me for continually targeting sweet, adorable Gabby! Please, a merge can't come soon enough to get her away from those always plotting to get her out first. She delights me and I am so invested in her.

The eggs..I don't know...I think making them right away might have been the better idea...how long before they can go bad?

The evacuation leaves a lot of questions. Where did they go? How long where they there? Do they get downey beds? Do they get fed regular meals?

Maybe I'm just armchair quarterbacking but its SURVIVOR...they should have left them there. I feel like in the early days they would have....did the Australian outback camp get washed away in a flood?

Angelina didn't vote out Natalie 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

C'mon Angelia...I don't even like Natalie but begging for her jacket  RIGHT AFTER you've voted her out?! And that was a delicious F-You by Natalie pointedly wearing her jacket in the goodbye confessional.

Speaking of F-You's a big one due "poor baby use to be 320 pounds" Brochero or douchero if you ask me for continually targeting sweet, adorable Gabby! Please, a merge can't come soon enough to get her away from those always plotting to get her out first. She delights me and I am so invested in her.

I'm sorry but I disagree that the contestants should be subjected to the "starvation" and other hardship aspects of this game. IMHO, these are really unnecessary and don't really add anything to the viewer's enjoyment of the game. The essence of this game has always been the social interactions. Without the hardships, there would be more time and the social interactions would be able to be shown to the viewers in more detail. I could be wrong, but I think if they kept the contestants fully fed and comfortable, there would be more time for the show to concentrate on the social interactions and it would make for a more enjoyable game for the viewers.

I know that many people will disagree. But I've never understood why the producers feel it's important to make them suffer. But when the suffering gets too dangerous, they intervene and "rescue" them. I just think it would make for a better game if all the suffering was removed from the game. There is no comparable suffering in Big Brother or other reality shows and that doesn't seem to hurt them at all.

• Love 6

Forget about Natalie making a preacher cuss.  Bish would make The Pope swear like a sailor.

7 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Lyrsa was right, the eggs would have lasted longer uncooked than cooked. Freshly laid eggs are fine to be left out. Many countries do not keep eggs refrigerated in the stores.

Yes!  I was thinking the same thing---the fact that Natalie just insisted on moving ahead with HER plan to boil them all instead of listening to opinions was just too much.  I would've taken MY two eggs out of the water and gone about my business.

Brochachos.  Heh.

Shut up, Gabby.

• Love 11