Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I'm here to entertain through journalism. Right here. My photography (i.e., screen shots) is 

Carole, upon hearing Ramona realized she didn't like fighting for a room. 

image.png.c17a30cfc573ffeed2f30fcd790598e9.png

Carole, beyond thrilled and supportive of Ramona realizing she didn't need to take the best room. 

image.png.7cc6c3382ac5a14555e32d2f1f6416b5.png

Also, I will add that there is absolutely no reason for a healthy person to get a brain scan. Even less of a reason for a radiologist to evaluate a hippocampus for no medical reason, of which I know of none (except PTSD is related to hippocampus size). There was something going on, bad, that a doctor ordered a brain scan to evaluate the hippocampus. I've never even heard of it, and I work in radiology and have never ever had someone order a evaluation of a hippocampus. 

Carole and Brooks could get together and chat. 

• Love 21
On 9/7/2018 at 7:45 AM, Jel said:

I'm one who doesn't like the name, RosieRose. I am not really offended by it, or hurt by it I just think it's out of touch, sort of old fashioned, sort of suggests that being skinny is a *the* goal, and I also don't like the word "girl" for women. I think SlimFast has been around since the 70s, and WW before that, and they were different times, but those names are also less obnoxious to me because there's no "girl" in there.  I know lots of people disagree with me about that, so I may be on an island of one, but that's how I feel about it.

I agree the name SkinnyGirl is not saying every person has to be skinny. But I do think it suggests that being skinny is something to aspire to. What did Ramona call it? Tune deaf? lol. That.

When I first heard the name SkinnyGirl, I thought it was Beth naming the brand after herself -- she's always been a skinny girl.  Like Super Mex for Lee Travino, just another way to describe themselves and they used it as a moniker.  And I always thought she put out that brand with the unsaid motto that if you wanted to be like her (a skinny girl, which face it many of us want to be) you should buy what she makes.  I don't attribute putting the product out to making people want to attain a certain thing.  That seems backwards.  Rather, it seems more like catering to people who already want to be a certain thing.

• Love 8

I think of Skinny Girl products like the new "weight watchers" products that were so popular for so long and still are. Maybe she grew up with her mom eating them, and thought she'd make the same stuff with a cuter brand icon/name.

That said, I had an eating disorder for a very long time, and I had to go to the hospital for almost a month to get better. There were 50 "girls" in there of all ages from 18 to 58, and a waiting list of up to a 3 months to get in. It's a serious issue women of all ages suffer from. We were all taught to NEVER use any words that described body shape, EVER. When we got better we would go to restaurants and we had to order "normal" things off the menu. We couldn't order salads or anything that was labeled "healthy" or "lite" because they fuck people up too much mentally, and they wanted us all to gain weight.

The word skinny is damaging to a certain number of vulnerable people, who strive to be skinny even thought that's not their body type. (That would be me on that). I am supposed to weigh 145 according to the doctor (I'm 5'3) but at the time I entered I was 110. I was very sick. Bethanny and her skinny body is very triggering to people. Especially when she said, "Of course I'm skinny, I have a brand skinnygirl, I have to be." I loved that at the time, because it told me it was okay to make excuses for being underweight. 

In anycase, Bethanny would probably do better for public health and make more money by rebranding and maybe instead of focusing on low-calorie, focus on health. (That said, her products are processed as all hell and in no one healthy).  It's a big lift. Maybe Carole is in treatment and that made her aware of the issue...

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 9
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:03 AM, Mozelle said:

Bethenny maneuvers. This show is her everything, so she finds people that she’ll need to film with. Outside of Jill back in the day, Carole might have been the only genuine friendship Bethenny struck with these women. 

So in the face of Carole saying that she and Tinsley weren’t BFFs—a story Bethenny put out there—Bethenny *suddenly* is “nice” to Tinsley, the same woman she couldn’t wait to snark on when given the chance. 

I trust that Tinsley is not on the brink of a breakdown and looking for a walk-in fridge to throw herself across bags of ice just because Carole said they weren’t BFFs...that’s Bethenny territory. 

It’s the “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” hustle mode which gets so much play that makes it seem if you relax for a moment you’re worthless or wasting time. If you aren’t running around frantic, with at least seven things on your daily to-do list, are you even worth having breath in your body? 

I disagree.  Bethenny isn't a "bitch eating crackers" kind of person.  Even when she's fighting with someone, she'll still give credit where it's due.  Hell, she was still complimenting Carole on her marathon run, despite Carol being absolutely awful to her on the reunion and social media. She knew Carole wasn't coming back to the show, there was no ulterior motive there.  Bethenny doesn't demonize every last thing someone she's fighting with does, like Carole.   She said nice things to everyone there at some point during the reunion.  Can't say the same for 'ol Carole who was so blinded by her need to stick it to Bethenny, she was oblivious to the hurtful things she was saying to Tins even after Tins TOLD her she was hurting her feelings.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 21
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, Jel said:

If Bethenny had worded it like this: "doesn't have a career that keeps her extremely busy", would that have been acceptable?

Several species of

People like to ignore context when it doesn't fit in to their NARRATIVE.   It was pretty obvious to me Beth meant it in the context of Carole having a lot more free time than her because she didn't have an active career at the moment.  But acknowledging that means there's one less thing to bag on Bethenny for!

• Love 16
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Carole lives in her own head. She creates fantasies that are very different from reality.

Let's take the NYC marathon.

I think she idealized what the marathon would be for her.

I think she thought it would bring Adam back. She thought she and Adam would be a couple again when the marathon was to take place in November. She thought they'd train together and share more than coffee, She thought they'd travel together to Staten Island for the start of the race. She thought they run together during the marathon. She thought they'd finish together. She thought they'd celebrate and relax after.

Carole put the cart before the horse and bragged on Instagram and in various articles that she was going to run in the NYC marathon.

First off on the training. I have many friends in the Elite group, who enter marathons and triathlons - it is a lifestyle. They train constantly. I have friends who take up running and the ones who have entered a 26.2 mile marathon train for 3 years minimum with multiple 5K runs graduating to 10K runs before hand. For someone who brags that she never exercised in her life, she should have trained longer and started with smaller goals. Everything changes - it's not as simple as exercising more - when you get up and go to sleep changes, what you eat and when you eat changes, what you drink and when you drink changes. I think the only thing Carole was gleeful about was the amount of weight she lost - for as much as she might protest I too think she "works" to stay at a certain weight.

For runners - they are put in groups - this is planned long before the day of a marathon. There are 50,000 people who run the NYC marathon. They can not all start at the same time. That would be catastrophic. The Elite group run first - 2 hours before anyone else - that is divided between the men and women depending on the number of runners there could be several groups. Adam probably ran in one of the later groups. Carole was probably the last group out. There was never a chance for her to run with Adam.

She already looked exhausted at the start line. She had the worst running form. Her arms flailed and even at the beginning she had a awkward gait expending too much energy. She should not have had a phone in her hand. She had the blue tooth, The phone could have gone in the pocket. Was she thinking she was going to tweet? Post things up on Poshmark? Take Instagram selfies? She had fake lashes on! Oy

I think the marathon really messed up her body. Running, jogging - is high impact - I think she did a total number on her joints. She does not look healthy. The extra weight loss makes her botched plastic surgery to the face look even worse.

I run half marathons and totally agree with everything you said.  I totally forgot she ran it holding her phone!  Good lord she must have had a raging headache the next day.   I can't even run 5 miles carrying my phone or my neck will be KILLING me the entire next day.  And yes, if you have a strong baseline you can train for a marathon in a matter of months.  But coming from a background of NO exercise?  She needed to train a hell of a lot longer than she actually did.   And I'm SURE she didn't eat enough during her training, which is why she looked so gaunt after.   Many people gain weight while training for distance races just because your appetite ramps up like crazy (I have to make sure I don't overeat when I'm training.)  You know she probably still ate like a bird.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 15
On 9/8/2018 at 3:27 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Carole and Adam had an arrangement. She provides him with certain things and he plays with other women he is attracted to. He dumped Carole.

I think it is more likely, Carole was afraid Adam would make a play for Bethenny. Bethenny has the better "connections" in terms of what Adam wants in life. If he truly wants to publish a cook book - Bethenny has done this herself many times - she knows the right people for him to talk to and I'm sure she's kept in contact with her publishers. If he wants to be a celebrity chef - again Bethenny has more connections and experience in the field. If Adam wants more exposure - glomming over Bethenny will bring more spotlight. If he wants to go on trips - she's always traveling.

Adam is an opportunist. I think he went after Carole not because he had the hots for her but because he figured he'd get more camera time and exposure on RHONY as the "boyfriend" of a HW as opposed to the boyfriend of a niece of a HW.

Adam wouldn't even necessarily have to make a romantic play for Bethenny. He's probably sneaky enough just to "stay" friends and be a hanger on.

I never thought of it that way.  Carole was just mad that Beth invited him on a trip without her.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:18 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Snort

It might explain why none of the HW's were there to film other than Tinsley at the finish line.

Carole could have also stopped at the diner to have 3 eggs - 2 hard boiled and one scrambled - not touching.

Don't forget to also smoke a pack of cigs.  Oh, I forgot.  She doesn't smoke.

• Love 5
On 9/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, VedaPierce said:

THIS is the cutest fucking thing I ever did see! Crying.

Is this what we all look like in our pj’s?  These babies?  We wish, haha.  I feel better already.  So precious and adorable.

• Love 5
On 9/8/2018 at 6:30 PM, Gem 10 said:

If Bethenny really wanted to blow Carole’s mind, she probably would, but I can’t see her having sex with Adam.  I think she goes for the more manly type .. Adam looks more like a kid, IMO.   Carole could have passed for his Mother.

You mean Mee Maw.

8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Well one thing is for sure, he Mee Maw does pick out his underpants. New 3 pack for the photo shoot. 

I noticed he had tighty whities on.

As to Carole's tweet regarding her friend Duffy being an original MTV VJ:  She was a VJ in the 90s.  MTV started in the 80s and she wasn't one of the original women on there.  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

She already looked exhausted at the start line. She had the worst running form. Her arms flailed and even at the beginning she had a awkward gait expending too much energy. She should not have had a phone in her hand. She had the blue tooth, The phone could have gone in the pocket. Was she thinking she was going to tweet? Post things up on Poshmark? Take Instagram selfies? She had fake lashes on! Oy

I think the marathon really messed up her body. Running, jogging - is high impact - I think she did a total number on her joints. She does not look healthy. The extra weight loss makes her botched plastic surgery to the face look even worse.

I really noticed how terrible her form is, too! She looked so uncomfortable, and in the footage I saw she was mostly walking...and then having trouble even walking. It would have been much better for her to start with something like a half-marathon, or even just a 10K, and try to learn to be more comfortable in her body. I agree that the marathon probably messed up her body.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Apparently she did run a half marathon in Oct/17 (according to her Instagram) before running the NYC marathon in Nov/17.

I think she should have done some more of them, or just stuck with shorter distances. She just didn't look prepared for that marathon.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I run half marathons and totally agree with everything you said.  I totally forgot she ran it holding her phone!  Good lord she must have had a raging headache the next day.   I can't even run 5 miles carrying my phone or my neck will be KILLING me the entire next day.  And yes, if you have a strong baseline you can train for a marathon in a matter of months.  But coming from a background of NO exercise?  She needed to train a hell of a lot longer than she actually did.   And I'm SURE she didn't eat enough during her training, which is why she looked so gaunt after.   Many people gain weight while training for distance races just because your appetite ramps up like crazy (I have to make sure I don't overeat when I'm training.)  You know she probably still ate like a bird.

carole-radziwill.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1800px

carole-radziwill-jpg-1523539096.jpg

Carole had time to change phone covers, and to make sure her lashes stayed put.

According to Carole she was last. So all the people in the first shot finished hours before Carole.

The closer the marathon date comes the more intensely you train You have to be focused to stay healthy before the race. She shouldn't have had the time to film scenes in Sept & October.

I give her tons of credit for finishing the marathon - it's a major accomplishment. However, I'm giving her the side eye too - cause I'm not sure if she really went 26.2 miles without hopping in an Uber for 26.1 miles

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

You mean Mee Maw.

I noticed he had tighty whities on.

As to Carole's tweet regarding her friend Duffy being an original MTV VJ:  She was a VJ in the 90s.  MTV started in the 80s and she wasn't one of the original women on there.  

JJ, Martha, Alan, and the white guy with the afro-style hairdo, whose name escapes me.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Frances said:

I really noticed how terrible her form is, too! She looked so uncomfortable, and in the footage I saw she was mostly walking...and then having trouble even walking. It would have been much better for her to start with something like a half-marathon, or even just a 10K, and try to learn to be more comfortable in her body. I agree that the marathon probably messed up her body.

giphy.gif

She was dawdling early on and everything was clumsy. She didn't look like she remembered any of her training.

What did she need her phone out for? Was it a loop video from Adam that she used as motivation? I have coffee when you get here.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

She was dawdling early on and everything was clumsy. She didn't look like she remembered any of her training.

What did she need her phone out for? Was it a loop video from Adam that she used as motivation? I have coffee when you get here.

For real though about her maybe not running it for real. Given her athleticism, and contrary to what Carole thinks being skinny doesn't equal fit like being fat doesn't necessarily equal unfit, I remember thinking that she didn't look destroyed enough to have actually run her first marathon. And that was before my hate hardon for Carole really began.

This season it originated with her petulance about the party.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, lezlers said:

And when it was shown at the reunion she just waved it off with a "so what."  Huh?  She's sitting up there acting like a victim, implying she's never done or said anything nasty about Beth and when her acting like a 12 year old mean girl is SHOWN to her she just says "so what."  No remorse, no explanation, no spin, just straight out dismisses it.   Can you even imagine if Beth made an Instagram video mocking Carole's marathon?  We'd never hear the end of it. Carole is simply not a nice person, lacks ANY self awareness and is bitter and petty as hell.  

I can't STAND the bitch.  Good riddance. 

Thank you! Thank you @lezlers! I couldn’t of said it any better myself.  I also think she has different mirrors than the rest of us because for someone so unfortunate looking, she’s acts pretty conceited. Although, I think she knows this and tries to make people focus on her body to deflect from that homely face attached to her large hippocampus.  I’m happy that she’s gone so I don’t have to look at that awful Mick Jagger face and mouth anymore!  

She’s also obsessed with Adam and acts like she’s not! The best proof of that is when she says to Andy “you’re so full of sh!t AD-Andy” Hello Sigmund Freud!! She’s such a pathetic loser! 

Bye Bye Carole! ???

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 14
50 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I give her tons of credit for finishing the marathon - it's a major accomplishment. However, I'm giving her the side eye too - cause I'm not sure if she really went 26.2 miles without hopping in an Uber for 26.1 miles

Rosie Ruiziwill.  (First person who knows what I'm talking about gets a fake last-place medal.  And a gold-plated aluminum walker.) 

That's so weird about the second phone cover.  Makes you all kinds of suspicious if you're of a certain turn of mind.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Frances said:

Was shocked to see that she was running the marathon to tell the truth.  The way she walks around, so slowly, she appears like she couldn’t lift a feather.  So low energy like when she walks into a room or restaurant.  I don’t think she exercised or did yoga either.  How she did it, I don’t know.  She doesn’t appear to be peppy.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm here to entertain through journalism. Right here. My photography (i.e., screen shots) is 

Carole, upon hearing Ramona realized she didn't like fighting for a room. 

image.png.c17a30cfc573ffeed2f30fcd790598e9.png

Carole, beyond thrilled and supportive of Ramona realizing she didn't need to take the best room. 

image.png.7cc6c3382ac5a14555e32d2f1f6416b5.png

Also, I will add that there is absolutely no reason for a healthy person to get a brain scan. Even less of a reason for a radiologist to evaluate a hippocampus for no medical reason, of which I know of none (except PTSD is related to hippocampus size). There was something going on, bad, that a doctor ordered a brain scan to evaluate the hippocampus. I've never even heard of it, and I work in radiology and have never ever had someone order a evaluation of a hippocampus. 

Carole and Brooks could get together and chat. 

Maybe it was for a medical reason.  I'm actually shocked that no one asked why or stated that they hoped everything was ok.  That would be my first reaction if someone stated that they recently had a brain scan.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

carole-radziwill.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1800px

carole-radziwill-jpg-1523539096.jpg

Carole had time to change phone covers, and to make sure her lashes stayed put.

According to Carole she was last. So all the people in the first shot finished hours before Carole.

The closer the marathon date comes the more intensely you train You have to be focused to stay healthy before the race. She shouldn't have had the time to film scenes in Sept & October.

Since she took over 6 hrs to run, I wonder if the red cover has a charger in it.  Notice it’s not completely flat.  That said pretty stupid to hold your phone in your hand for a marathon.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Since she took over 6 hrs to run, I wonder if the red cover has a charger in it.  Notice it’s not completely flat.  

Could be, Mrs Peel -- there was also video (on her twitter feed) of her running empty-handed -- she had a tiny fanny-pack so she likely stored it in there most of the time. (And isn't that a phone compatible bluetooth thingy/headset in her ear? Is is unusual for marathon runners to listen to music?)

According to Carole she was last.

She was exaggerating her loss, slightly ; )

She came in ahead of the last group of 1500 people (she was 49,181 of 50,641) https://results.nyrr.org/runner/10007/result/M2017

9 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm giving her the side eye too - cause I'm not sure if she really went 26.2 miles without hopping in an Uber for 26.1 miles

There's a GPS widget in the bib now - her progress through the race  (mile by mile) was recorded and posted here: 

https://liveresults.nyrr.org/e/NY2017?_ga=2.92643614.268448031.1536569069-1585854504.1536569069#/tracker/RZ7DAMJX

You might have to click on the arrow to the right of the Carole Radziwill name box to get the time list to open.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Maybe it was for a medical reason.  I'm actually shocked that no one asked why or stated that they hoped everything was ok.  That would be my first reaction if someone stated that they recently had a brain scan.

Ah, it’s nature of the show I think. That was a vicious reunion pileup. 

One of my first posts this season, I shared thought that Carole has PTSD. No shame in that for her. I do think she’s not mentally well since those 3 died and has been in a kind of limbo. I hope she gets well. Lashing out at B isn’t helping her.

http://brainblogger.com/2015/01/24/how-does-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-change-the-brain/

Edited by Sunfield
Missed part of what I meant to say
  • Love 5
On 9/6/2018 at 2:50 PM, coops said:

She didn't waste much time...

I love that the caricaturist captured the fact that she had two silicone ping pong balls implanted in her cheeks. 

But neglected to depict the jaw that could slice a filet mignon served raw on Scary Island.

Also, the artist has quite the trained eye to notice that Beth is sometimes slightly cross-eyed, especially when she’s trying not to cry and looks up above the reunion cameras.

eta: Or when she’s crying while Jill’s mother is trying to comfort her and tells her that she will adopt her, because, you know, Beth is an orphan.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sunfield said:

One of my first posts this season, I shared thought that Carole has PTSD. No shame in that for her. I do think she’s not mentally well since those 3 died and has been in a kind of limbo. I hope she gets well. Lashing out at B isn’t helping her.

http://brainblogger.com/2015/01/24/how-does-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-change-the-brain/

She's had 20 years and certainly has access to top medical care. This seems to be just who Carole is.

• Love 13
On 9/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, Jel said:

I seem to recall Carole saying that she donated the proceeds to the North Shore Animal League. I think. Or I read it here as someone's speculation, don't remember. Curses to my crummy average sized hippocampus.

"We get the face we deserve" is a shitty thing to say. So clueless and out of touch.

I don’t know *what* it says that Carole gets the over-worked face she has. No, wait: maybe I do. She paid for it, in an attempt to have a face that matches her body, so yeah, she deserves it  

One of the first wake-ups I had as a 20-something in the 1970s was the routine use of “girls” for females of all ages and “men” for males over 17 or 18.  

In whatever spirit the terms were used, they had the undeniable effect of casting males as nature, capable and decisive — and casting females as children.  

Carole’s - and apparently her inner circle’s - unremitting use of the terms tells me much about her, and none of it impresses me favorably. 

It may also give a clue to the mystery of the ages, to wit: how was she able to effectively retire in her mid-30s and live a life of ease and glamour, though there was little inheritance other than Anthony’s investments (on a young network executive’s salary) and possible life insurance:

A:  She insinuated herself into circles who were impressed by her in-laws, and she played the cutesy, coquettish, diminutive, dependent,  non-threatening girl to men and women who enjoyed having her as a clever, little tag-along. 

She met whatever deadlines were necessary  to publish WR 6 years after the sad events and her position as the girl who wrote the truly heartfelt, but seriously fame-infused memoirs provided the cachet she needed until RHONY came along. 

1 minute ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
Goofed up and hit quote insteadda edit
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Rosie Ruiziwill.  (First person who knows what I'm talking about gets a fake last-place medal.  And a gold-plated aluminum walker.) 

That's so weird about the second phone cover.  Makes you all kinds of suspicious if you're of a certain turn of mind.

I think I know! But I’m downsizing, so give the medal to whoever’s #2, and the walker? Ptui, ptui, ptui, I’m hoping never to use one! 

17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The Adventures of Adam and The Horrible HippoCampus

giphy.gif

Adam: Yo, where my money at? You ain't the boss of me!

H Hippocampus: Adam, my love, oh Adam! Muah! Muah!

Adam: Ow! Ow! Ow.....ooooow.

The ninjas want to know why I’m giggling like a madwoman!!!!!! That’s just clever!!  Hooo!!

• Love 4
On 9/7/2018 at 2:52 PM, AnnA said:

I hope you're wrong.   NY sucked when Bethenny was gone.  I couldn't watch.

I think the worst thing for someone to do after losing a loved one is to stop living their life.   She can't hide from the reality that Dennis is gone and he wouldn't want her to either.    Bethenny needs to return to her regular routine.

So Season 11 will be a whole lotta Beth

sobbing sobbing sobbing

squinting and shrieking at another HW because she doesn’t comport herself - - or even THINK - - exactly the way Beth does

sobbing sobbing sobbing

promoting yet another product, say SkinnyColon laxatives (seems obvious after her “tortuous” reveal in Cartagena: “ ... more important that your bowels BMoving”), because the jeans tanked, since the demand for denim has declined as yoga pants sales are increasing (VF was considering selling Lee and Wrangler in August), and SG jeans are competing with 118 other denim companies 

sobbing sobbing sobbing

sobbing sobbing sobbing, “Not being able to pick up the phone and call Dennis every day is TORTURE!”

sobbing sobbing sobbing, “Not being able to discard surreptitiously Dennis’s fugly and expensive Gucci sweaters is TORTURE.”

sobbing sobbing sobbing, “Not being able to demand that someone not on my payroll stand where I want him to stand during a dinner party is TORTURE.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Sunfield said:

“PTSD patients show a considerable reduction in the volume of the hippocampus.”

Not so sure! ;) 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I think I know! But I’m downsizing, so give the medal to whoever’s #2, and the walker? Ptui, ptui, ptui, I’m hoping never to use one! 

Okay, then your prizes will go to the first runner-up.  ;o)

I was kidding.  I don't think Carole cheated, but the image of her pulling an updated Rosie Ruiz and Ubering her way to the finish line just makes me laugh.  Even crawling to the end, doing a marathon is no small accomplishment.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, lezlers said:

I disagree.  Bethenny isn't a "bitch eating crackers" kind of person.  Even when she's fighting with someone, she'll still give credit where it's due.  Hell, she was still complimenting Carole on her marathon run, despite Carol being absolutely awful to her on the reunion and social media. She knew Carole wasn't coming back to the show, there was no ulterior motive there.  Bethenny doesn't demonize every last thing someone she's fighting with does, like Carole.   She said nice things to everyone there at some point during the reunion.  Can't say the same for 'ol Carole who was so blinded by her need to stick it to Bethenny, she was oblivious to the hurtful things she was saying to Tins even after Tins TOLD her she was hurting her feelings.

Except for the part where she was dismissive of Ramona being a businesswoman. 

I know Bethenny thinks that the reunion is where she gets to reset, and that saying one thing or another somehow magically erases all the other things she said and did during the season, but for some people it doesn't work that way. 

"I know I was dismissive and mocking of you for six months of filming, but for these 12 hours of reunion filming, allow me to be your biggest cheerleader. I know this is the last moment of the season, and I'll just...need...you...to..."

300px-Neuralizer1.jpg

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Was shocked to see that she was running the marathon to tell the truth.  The way she walks around, so slowly, she appears like she couldn’t lift a feather.  So low energy like when she walks into a room or restaurant.  I don’t think she exercised or did yoga either.  How she did it, I don’t know.  She doesn’t appear to be peppy.

She always appears lethargic. She slumps and never appears to have any motivation and has extremely low energy.

The only time we see her Squee - is when Pinus Greasio appears on camera or she talks about him.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She always appears lethargic. She slumps and never appears to have any motivation and has extremely low energy.

The only time we see her Squee - is when Pinus Greasio appears on camera or she talks about him.

I've always just (perhaps wrongly) assumed she was stoned off her ass in those scenes.

Her delayed thought processing speed and dulled reactions are just like some of my burner friends.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Carol and her “narrative”. Please never use that word again. 

I think "narrative" is part of the Hamilton fame.  I hate that term.  

9 hours ago, film noire said:

Could be, Mrs Peel -- there was also video (on her twitter feed) of her running empty-handed -- she had a tiny fanny-pack so she likely stored it in there most of the time. (And isn't that a phone compatible bluetooth thingy/headset in her ear? Is is unusual for marathon runners to listen to music?)

She was exaggerating her loss, slightly ; )

She came in ahead of the last group of 1500 people (she was 49,181 of 50,641) https://results.nyrr.org/runner/10007/result/M2017

There's a GPS widget in the bib now - her progress through the race  (mile by mile) was recorded and posted here: 

https://liveresults.nyrr.org/e/NY2017?_ga=2.92643614.268448031.1536569069-1585854504.1536569069#/tracker/RZ7DAMJX

You might have to click on the arrow to the right of the Carole Radziwill name box to get the time list to open.

The GPS widget is in the Chicago Marathon bibs too.  You get your runner's bib number, download the app and you can follow them around the city.  Its a fun day, hopping subways and buses to meet up and cheer on your runner at several spots throughout the day.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I know Bethenny thinks that the reunion is where she gets to reset, and that saying one thing or another somehow magically erases all the other things she said and did during the season, but for some people it doesn't work that way. 

"I know I was dismissive and mocking of you for six months of filming, but for these 12 hours of reunion filming, allow me to be your biggest cheerleader. I know this is the last moment of the season, and I'll just...need...you...to..."

300px-Neuralizer1.jpg

Is that my boyfriend Tommy Lee Jones on the right when he was younger?  I LOVE, LOVE him.  There’s just something about him.  If any of you old ladies like me want to see him and Meryl Streep, rent “Hope Springs”.  If you’re married for awhile, this movie will hit home.  It’s so true and hilarious.  Get it, you won’t be sorry.  Trust me.

• Love 5

Point: Maybe Bethanny was trying to hit on him????

Totally believable, for various reasons: If Beth thought Carole and Adam had broken up, with Beth subsequently taking Carole's side, then it wouldn't make sense for Beth to ask Adam to accompany her to PR. OTOH, if Beth believed C&A to still be together, then it was just plain shady of her to not mention her PR plans to her friend, Carole. And, then there's the fact that Beth hooked up with an old friend's husband, and then denigrated said friend by announcing on national tv that her husband had pined after Beth for the whole duration of the woman's marriage.

Sure, Adam isn't an accused rapist, or a married opioid addict. However, dating and using a guy for a fuck - or to fuck someone over - are different things. The only "type" to be sure of is Frankel and her snaky-ness.

image.png.15069b8479b84b767d67e5bd09d724fc.png

Dayum...Carole can get it there.

Thanks for visiting Cassandra's SM and bringing the pic over!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mozelle said:

300px-Neuralizer1.jpg

People see things differently.  I said credit where it's DUE.  Which of Ramona's 12 business ventures has been successful?  

Also, Beth has been nice to every single cast member when they needed it this season.  In fact, there was a whole montage of it during the reunion.  Everyone (save for Carole, naturally) reluctantly gave Bethenny credit for it. 

• Love 16
On 9/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, lezlers said:

Except Ramona was saying that to Carole, not Bethenny.  

But Ramona said the same thing to Bethenny during the first part of the reunion:

Take a mirror. You don’t understand where I come from. You say I’m not a good friend, you don’t know how to have friends! You don’t know how....You don’t see things for what they are. I don’t know what happened in your life, but you don’t see things for what they are....You don’t support us. You don’t like to engage us or compliment us. Even in your interviews, you knock each and every one of us. You never say anything positive. And it’s really, really upsetting to all of us. And if we say one little thing negative, you get upset. You don’t even see what you do to us."

And Ramona  (on her WWHL appearance) only had praise for Carole's warmth, : "I don’t want to cry and ruin my makeup. No, no, I’m sad because I love Carole inside and out. I think she’s really warm, special, down-to-earth, truthful, giving, kind, supportive of women, genuine, smart, fabulous. I’m like, wow. There’s gonna be a void."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/carole-radziwill-not-returning-to-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-ramona-singer-reacts-video

Add in Ramona's usual delivery when she's talking to the other couch (somwhere between a foghorn and a hangry toddler) and it all just makes sense, imo, vocally and emotionally -- the comment was meant for the woman Ramona dislikes, sittting nearby -- a woman she'd already accused of being blind -- not the woman Ramona loves, sitting several feet away. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, film noire said:

But Ramona said the same thing to Bethenny during the first part of the reunion: “Take a mirror. You don’t understand where I come from. You say I’m not a good friend, you don’t know how to have friends! You don’t know how....You don’t see things for what they are. I don’t know what happened in your life, but you don’t see things for what they are.”

And Ramona  (on her WWHL appearance) only had praise for Carole's warmth, : "I don’t want to cry and ruin my makeup. No, no, I’m sad because I love Carole inside and out. I think she’s really warm, special, down-to-earth, truthful, giving, kind, supportive of women, genuine, smart, fabulous. I’m like, wow. There’s gonna be a void."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/carole-radziwill-not-returning-to-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-ramona-singer-reacts-video

Add in Ramona's usual delivery when she's talking to the other couch (somwhere between a foghorn and a hangry toddler) and it all just makes sense, imo, vocally and emotionally -- the comment was meant for the woman Ramona dislikes, sittting nearby -- a woman she'd already accused of being blind -- not the woman Ramona loves, sitting several feet away. 

It makes more sense to me that she would be addressing her comment towards the woman who was actually speaking at the time, who she was looking directly at, while saying it.  She also said it while people were trying to explain to (exceptionally tone deaf) Carole that what she was saying was hurtful to Tinsley and Carole just wasn't getting it.  It makes sense in context and with physical cues.  Ramona has said nice things about Beth, too.  Just because she said something nice about a cast member who is leaving the show doesn't mean she couldn't have possibly said anything negative to her at any point in the reunion.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

She insinuated herself into circles who were impressed by her in-laws, and she played the cutesy, coquettish, diminutive, dependent,  non-threatening girl to men and women who enjoyed having her as a clever, little tag-along. 

Oh YES.  Explains her perfectly.  Now, on to the next circle.  Will the upper circles embrace her after this shit show that was?

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Oh YES.  Explains her perfectly.  Now, on to the next circle.  Will the upper circles embrace her after this shit show that was?

Lee Radziwill reportedly called RHONY “tacky” and I can’t imagine Caroline Kennedy “Privacy Is A Right” Schlossberg having been amused, especially if she heard about her SIL being “contacted” via so-called medium on teevee. 

Oh wait - by “upper” circles you’re talking about them as has gotten rich on media presence and the entertainment industry. Big difference.  It will be, I acknowledge, interesting to watch!

Y’know, I started out liking Carole well enough. Sometimes I wonder what changed my attitude so much & then it all comes back:  She should never have zeroed in on poor Jules, and later on hapless Tinsley. All the iniquities, before and after, are magnified. Carole? You’re a poopyhead.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She's had 20 years and certainly has access to top medical care. This seems to be just who Carole is.

Hah! I hear you and don’t disagree. It’s just that PTSD changes a person a lot and I’m trying to give her some benefit of the doubt due to the losses

7 hours ago, chewycandy said:

“PTSD patients show a considerable reduction in the volume of the hippocampus.”

Not so sure! ;) 

Hahaha I know right?!  But I believe Carole lies, all the time, about everything but especially about herself. That was such a weird thing for her to throw out suddenly, I immediately thought she was told the reverse but it horrified her. Like when she flipped out on Aviva about the ghostwriter accusation... seemed over the top and not credible 

19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah. This for real. B dodged a bullet. She’s getting better at that and I’m happy for her progress spotting these people. They can wreck your life if you let them in or let them get too close. That’s why she shut Ramona down with “Noted” - she’s not feeding the trolls anymore.

• Love 8