Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 35 (2018-2019)

Athena
  • Start Topic

Thanks for posting that Vulture interview link. It was eye-opening. Emma had no idea who James was and just heard his win streak right before the game. She never saw him play before because it was a Monday.

I want to KILL myself for not knowing the Spain one. I did know their time was an hour off, because my son missed a plane because of this. He went from Sicily to Spain, and then from Spain to England and was late for one of these flights, I think Spain to England. He told me Spain was an hour off Italy and England and looking on a map it made no sense to me.. At first I thought he was giving me an excuse for missing his plane. I had NO idea it had anything to do with the Nazis.  Although if he were in Spain, he should have known what time it was. 

I am glad I read here as yesterday a very bright friend and Jeopardy fan said she thought James threw the game. I came back at her with a million reasons why he did not throw the game. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

What attitude? 

She offered a DD wager consistent with her own strategy and the scores at that point of the game/confidence in the category and dollar value combination (having compiled extensive data on not just where DDs were likely to be found, but how likely she was go get one right depending on placement, per her Vulture interview), wholly ignorant of James's "all in" history and not even having experienced a big DD bet by him in the one game she played (he only landed on the first-round DD, and hit it right off, so could only bet $1000).  So she had no context for Alex's "influenced by James" reaction to her wager as she waited for him to reveal her DD clue, and was naturally confused.

She had, like every other contestant, filled out the requisite form with several tidbits to be selected from and asked about in the interview segment(s), and during her second interview was instead asked about James, the magnitude of whose run she hadn't even had a chance to wrap her mind around given the short span of time between 1) learning how many games/dollars he'd won, 2) playing her winning game, and 3) starting this game (all while trying to focus on, you know, competing on Jeopardy!).  So she fumbled for words to express an answer to a question not among those she'd expected to be asked, and answered it honestly - they all qualified to be here, so they're all capable of winning depending how factors come together, and she was thus confident in her chances.

The horror?

She may have been wholly ignorant of the specific facts of James’ gameplay.  But she is clearly a very intelligent person, who as we know did her thesis on Jeopardy.  She may “not have had a chance to wrap her mind around...the magnitude of his play” but she was told he had won 32 straight games and amassed 2.46 MILLION dollars.  Even I, a certified non-genius, would put that together and know that here was something special, and that he had to be making giant FJ wagers and had to be going all in on daily doubles.  There is literally no other way to account for that outsized amount of winnings, and a person who studied Jeopardy with such laser focus, as she had, had to realize that.  She cannot have been “wholly ignorant”  

I agree with your point that she was probably taken aback not to be asked about herself in her interview.  I am sure that would make me unhappy too.  But I maintain that there was a lot of emotion in the room at that moment (not something Jeopardy is generally known for) and that her response came off to me as a bitter attitude, possibly because of the look she gave Alex when he asked that.  Maybe I’m sensitive to the heightened emotion when the man announced the day before that he is basically dying, and then minutes before her interview was handed a get well card by James’ daughter, while James himself was wearing a ribbon for pancreatic cancer.  I read this as Alex feeling some type of way about James, yet he was still very excited about Emma’s win and very complimentary to her and very exclamatory. It felt to me like her cold response was inappropriate and not in tune with the moment. 

This is strictly a personality and emotional intelligence issue, no bearing at all on her intellect and playing ability and chance to break the records herself.  Maybe if she is here longer and I get a chance to see more of her, my opinion of her personality will change.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Not taking anything away from Emma’s intelligence or her strategy, but unfortunately when someone else had the same strategy and immediately preceded you, they will get the credit and you will be compared. It is what it is. No need for the stink eye. I thought it was a bit disrespectful. Like you’ve been there a day. Let’s take it down a notch.  

I thought Alex was disrespectful, and I liked her expression - which I personally would not characterize as a stink eye, and laughed when she made it. But we all react differently to the same expressions.

9 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

Ok yes but Alex deserves her respect as well.  He’s been doing this since before she’s born, and he announced the day before that he has a terrible advanced cancer, and even though she didn’t realize it she just minutes ago dethroned a 32-day overwhelming champion who seems to be the first to play in that style, so it’s understandable that Alex would comment that she was taking after James, even though she wasn’t. I thought it was exceedingly rude of her to give him that look and that raggy answer.  Read the room, Emma.  There’s a lot going on.  You deserved respect but you were wrong to have such an attitude.  A person who just won their first game is a common event on Jeopardy, yet Alex made quite a big deal about her, frankly.  James was far more supportive of her than she was of him and I think she came off far too haughty for a person who had won one game five minutes before.  And in current time, why does she think yesterday she was being interviewed everywhere by everyone?  Because she won one game?  It’s beating James that made her interesting.  And by the looks of her second game, I’ll be shocked if she goes more than a week or two. 

I like Alex, but I'm not a person who believes respect is required when disrespect is given.  And while I'm horrified about his cancer, and very much hope that there's a miracle and he is cured, I also don't believe having an illness makes you immune to criticism.

If Emma lasts a week or two, that would make her a pretty decent contender, in my opinion.

I like Emma a lot. I don't see all the negatives people are writing about, but then I rarely do.

• Love 15

I can’t figure out what personality Emma radiates that would make anyone even be moved to have a favorable opinion of her. Maybe because she wrote her thesis on Jeopardy. That’s pretty quirky and cool. But other than that she has zero charisma. 

• Love 10

I don't think Emma is going to last long.  She caught lightning in a bottle on that one day, which led to James' downfall.  But last night she didn't land either daily double in the Double Jeopardy round, and missed on the Final Jeopardy question, which was actually pretty easy to deduce.  She pretty much limped home for the win.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

I probably should have been more clear.  I meant that she'd probably like to take it back because of all the discussion/criticism that has ensued. 

Heh, she was probably damned if she did, damned if she didn't.    It nice that most people seem to understand why she did give that look.   You do tend to forget that the camera is on you all on all times which is nice since you have five million other things to worry about. 

1 minute ago, Dobian said:

She pretty much limped home for the win.

She had a win locked in before Final Jeopardy - it was a runaway game. 

• Love 9

Thanks for posting that video, @Bliss

I find that I am typically rooting for the champ, whoever that may be. I'm always hoping to see the next big thing. A holdover from my days as an American Idol fan, I suppose. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Dobian said:

I don't think Emma is going to last long.  She caught lightning in a bottle on that one day, which led to James' downfall.  But last night she didn't land either daily double in the Double Jeopardy round, and missed on the Final Jeopardy question, which was actually pretty easy to deduce.  She pretty much limped home for the win.

I don't think it was that easy to deduce.  I missed it.  As did at least one of the other contestants, if not both.  I don't remember.  Plush, she had a runaway game, so she must have been doing something right prior to that. And a runaway without hitting either of the daily doubles in the second round as you pointed out.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, SHD said:

I missed this. What was she asked and what did she say?

One thing I thought was really smart (and I think it was Emma), there was a category whose name was kind of confusing (I think the internal rhyming verb or whatever that one was with kowtow and hobnob) and the person actually started at the top to get an easy clue to decipher what the category actually was. 

It was internally rhyming verbs. 

She was asked basically about going against James and how she felt going into it knowing what a strong player he was, but it seems she may or may not have known how good he was because the shows with him had not aired yet at the time of the taping.   Which she could have just said exactly that, or something along those lines, she kind of stumbled through an answer about how they all take the same test and are smart, so they all are on pretty similar skill level and footing, except it wasn't a very coherent form of that

I can chalk it up to her being nervous and not knowing how to respond though

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Abstract said:

Thanks for posting that video, @Bliss

I find that I am typically rooting for the champ, whoever that may be. I'm always hoping to see the next big thing. A holdover from my days as an American Idol fan, I suppose. 

You are welcome! I amaze myself when I figure out how to imbed something here 🙂 (I am not a techie.)

Agreed 100% about cheering for the champ. I want to root for Emma... just came off a high from the James! ride and am lining up for the Emma run. I'd love to see a woman rise to the top of the so-called leaderboard. Nothing against men in general (I quite like most of them) - it's simply my sexist way of being and I admit to wanting more women to have full expression, and to shine. It isn't usually our darkness we fear, it's our light. (I'm a Marianne Williamson fan.)

What I'd love to see from Emma? Biggest $ winner, longest reign, etc. Since it's not going to be me (LOL), I'm all in for whoever is champ. Bring it!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Julia67 said:

All that being said, I don't like her.  She has zero personality and she comes off as arrogant and sanctimonious.  Although, to be fair, I thought James was arrogant at first, too, and he grew on me.  But I won't be disappointed if Emma doesn't have the time to grow on me!

I think for anyone who has an unfavorable impression of her, reading that Vulture interview may change their minds. I really have to keep reminding myself when I don't particularly like a player that appearing on a stressful game show in front of cameras and millions of people is not the best place for most people to shine.

41 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Seems like James and Emma respect each other's abilities.

😞 I click on that video and nothing happens.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

And no, [Emma]'s not going to get hired as a talk show host anytime soon, she doesn't have a sparkling TV personality. She's very subdued and I think people like that (especially women) get misread as arrogant when they're really just stoic and literal.

And, let's not ignore the rainbow-elephant in the room, she pings the ol' lesbian-dar pretty well.  From her hair to how she dressed yesterday to her seeming a bit twitchy at how one man seemed to favor another. She's not married, there's no reference I can find to her ever having been involved with a man, and I quirked my eyebrow a bit at this excerpted 2014 interview with her about her (unsuccessful) audition alongside her "friend", Terry:

“She’s such a perfect candidate for the show because she’s obviously incredibly smart and also very personable,” Boettcher told the college newspaper about her friend. “Sometimes you get kind of arrogant people in ‘Jeopardy’ that are just obsessed with showing off how smart they are, and Terry’s not like that all.”

Sounds as though Emma really liked Terry, no?  Perhaps in ways that make the part of the audience that isn't currently celebrating Pride Month more willing to be cold to her.

I mean, I certainly don't mind, and indeed I think it would be awesome if the historic champ who got the first win of Pride had personal reasons to enjoy the timing of her episodes.  But I can't help wondering if some of the anti-Emma feeling may be coming from places I wish weren't still an issue.

Obviously just guesswork and JMO, though.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

And, let's not ignore the rainbow-elephant in the room, she pings the ol' lesbian-dar pretty well.  From her hair to how she dressed yesterday to her seeming a bit twitchy at how one man seemed to favor another. She's not married, there's no reference I can find to her ever having been involved with a man, and I quirked my eyebrow a bit at this excerpted 2014 interview with her about her (unsuccessful) audition alongside her "friend", Terry:

Sounds as though Emma really liked Terry, no?  Perhaps in ways that make the part of the audience that isn't currently celebrating Pride Month more willing to be cold to her.

I mean, I certainly don't mind, and indeed I think it would be awesome if the historic champ who got the first win of Pride had personal reasons to enjoy the timing of her episodes.  But I can't help wondering if some of the anti-Emma feeling may be coming from places I wish weren't still an issue.

Yep, I do think that read on her is another reason some viewers are resentful that she unseated James (hell, "androgynous librarian" is a whole category of lesbian types!). James was great! But so is she.

Frankly, I think they're both delightful weirdos. My favorite kind of Jeopardy champ!

• Love 6
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

You are the first person I have seen bring this up, and I've practically lived on social media and Jeopardy discussion forums the last few days. The thought occurred to me as well, but no one seems to be talking about it.

That quote about her friend went right over my head. Of course the male Jeopardy stars all gush and fanboi  over each other like that in interviews and social media, so that's probably why.

I'm not going to get into a speculation discussion, though. 

Edited by Abstract
  • Love 4

I don't think Emma was actually giving a stink eye. I think she just had a delayed reaction because she was a little confused about what Alex was talking about, given what we now know, that she didn't see James do his James thing and had just heard about how much he had amassed. She came to play her own game and thought she'd be asked about herself, not about James. I think it was more of a puzzled frown.

I imagine if I had a passion for long-distance running, and I've spent my whole life preparing for the NYC marathon. I've labored in obscurity for years and years and years, getting up early, running in all conditions, overcoming the cramps, the nausea, the dehydration, the exhaustion. Simultaneously, someone on the other side of the world is doing the same, and has won endless marathons, but I've never heard of this person.  At last I'm ready to compete in the biggest marathon, and this champion who is unknown to me is also competing. I hear something about this champion while I'm at the starting line. I run my race my way, as I have long planned, and I win. As I collapse on the ground, and am swarmed by the directors of the marathon, I lift my weary head from the concrete and everyone is only asking me about the champion whom I had defeated. All my lifetime of preparing for this moment is essentially ignored. I'd feel some way about that. 

I love Alex. I get that Emma's second game was minutes after she defeated James. I get that he had just announced his dire illness and that he had formed an attachment to James. Yet, thankfully, despite his illness Alex felt that he could continue hosting in his professional way. Therefore, he has to host in his professional way. The Nancy Zerg comment was insulting to both Emma and Nancy, and the endless commenting on James, and did she do what she did because of James, is vastly demeaning to someone who won on her own merit. It was just minutes later for Emma, as well. I certainly wouldn't expect for her to praise James in her interview and not give herself credit for how well-prepared she was for Jeopardy. 

• Love 15

Congrats again to Emma.

Gordon Lightfoot a ts? sob! He is one of my most favourite singers.

Also got chug a lug and clover, thought clover was obvious with "trifolium" in the clue.

Italy was my first guess for FJ, then I figured it was already in the same time zone as Germany so I switched to Spain.

6 minutes ago, PaulaO said:

Help an ignoramus.  I know that France is one hour ahead of GB.  Was it the "making nice to Hitler" part of the question that made the answer Spain?

General Franco was the leader of the Spanish fascists and he changed their time zone "to make nice to Hitler" after winning the Spanish civil war.  I wonder if Hitler appreciated it.  Also wonder why Spain never changed it back, considering why it was changed in the first place.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Trey said:

James would have had that one.  NFL PrimeTime host Chris Berman would always quote (and attribute) the line about "The winds of November" from "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" whenever there was a highlight package in that month with appropriate weather.  But so it goes.

• Love 3

I got Christopher Cross. I could not pull Gordon Lightfoot out of my head.

I was actually more surprised that Gordon was a TS. I got them both despite pretty much despising Christopher Cross 🙂 

Around here the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald gets played predictably in November--the mariners' church referenced in the song is right in the middle of downtown Detroit. And our top 40 AM station back in the day was actually Canadian (CKLW, the Motor CIIITYY) and they had to play a certain % of Canadian artists, so we got more Gordon, Joni, Neil, BTO, the Guess Who, etc. than most Americans

I hope Emma gets to the TOC. Would love to see her matched up against James again!

• Love 10
(edited)
7 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

our top 40 AM station back in the day was actually Canadian (CKLW, the Motor CIIITYY) and they had to play a certain % of Canadian artists, so we got more Gordon, Joni, Neil, BTO, the Guess Who, etc. than most Americans

Those "Canadian content" rules are how we got the "Great White North"/McKenzie brothers sketches on SCTV.  The Canadian version of the show ran a few minutes longer and there was pressure for Canadian content and Dave Thomas was like, "what?  You want us to throw a map of Canada on the wall, cook up some back bacon and sit around going 'eh'?"

And the network was like, "yeah, pretty much."  And thus a sketch (and eventually a movie and a record album) was born.

Take off, you hosers.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, Trey said:

Congrats again to Emma.

Also got chug a lug and clover, thought clover was obvious with "trifolium" in the clue.

Italy was my first guess for FJ, then I figured it was already in the same time zone as Germany so I switched to Spain.

General Franco was the leader of the Spanish fascists and he changed their time zone "to make nice to Hitler" after winning the Spanish civil war.  I wonder if Hitler appreciated it.  Also wonder why Spain never changed it back, considering why it was changed in the first place.

I said "Chug" but I knew that was wrong because of the category.  But I hardly ever hear people say "chug a lug"!

• Love 2

Those "Canadian content" rules are how we got the "Great White North"/McKenzie brothers sketches on SCTV

Then I say "Well Done". That was some hilarious stuff. SCTV was the best

Also, I appreciate having been exposed to all those great Canadian musicians, although Byron McGregor was a bit much (google away, my pretties)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, ErinV said:

chug a lug

Also a Roger Miller song.

5 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

although Byron McGregor was a bit much

Agreed!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe7VQDN8o03BU63Jaylzw04-emma-boettcher.w330.h330.jpg

It's as if you were reading my mind... I hunted for a picture of VL, exactly like the one you posted! Thank you... my agony is over.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I thought Alex was disrespectful, and I liked her expression - which I personally would not characterize as a stink eye, and laughed when she made it. But we all react differently to the same expressions.

I like Alex, but I'm not a person who believes respect is required when disrespect is given.  And while I'm horrified about his cancer, and very much hope that there's a miracle and he is cured, I also don't believe having an illness makes you immune to criticism.

If Emma lasts a week or two, that would make her a pretty decent contender, in my opinion.

I like Emma a lot. I don't see all the negatives people are writing about, but then I rarely do.

Every single thing about this post is exactly how I feel.  If Emma does go two weeks, that's a 10 time winner, and she's in the top several players of all time.  So that's the least I'm hoping for her now.

• Love 5

I got Gordon Lightfoot and Christopher Cross easily. And then sighed when the contestants didn’t. I hate when Jeopardy makes me feel old.

I don’t find Emma devoid of personality. I find her a bit uncomfortable in the spotlight, trying her best to stay focused and play a good game under very strange and nerve wracking conditions. And where other players only have to deal with the usual stress, she has to deal with that and all the James commotion (which, as we now know, she was only just starting to understand). 

I like her for two reasons: I think her composure is admirable. And, I’m loving her all-in strategy.  

I’ve noticed that, compared to men, women contestants tend to bet more conservatively and play a less aggressive game in general. I find this frustrating, because so many times I’ve seen a woman lose—not because she wasn’t as smart, or as lucky, but just because she didn’t bet enough at the right time.

Emma is playing a confident game with a well-thought-out strategy and the courage to bet big when it counts. In short, she’s playing like James!  I hope she goes on a run of her own. Or, at least, I hope she sticks around long enough for Alex to give her the credit she’s due.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Bliss said:

It's as if you were reading my mind... I hunted for a picture of VL, exactly like the one you posted! Thank you... my agony is over.

I think that one of Vicki Lawrence was too glammy. This is the one that most reminds me of Emma.

Vicki.JPG

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

I’m not sure I agree with their take. I would guess that many people weren’t bothering to tune in every night because they were sure James was going to run away with it again. But they would be sure to tune in for a game they knew was his last.

So I doubt the leak hurt the ratings. But it sure ruined the fun, for me at least.

• Love 6

55D9193C-E2FF-43AD-9AB1-FF9672BB393B.jpeVicki.JPG.3f718c51984eef685e10db07e3d3c6Yes, that Vicki Lawrence picture, with this Emma picture.  Thanks to whoever posted those.

The pursed lips look very similar, and so does the hairstyle. Maybe the eyes, too.

I like that Emma's life choices thus far seem to be more about her brainpower than being glamorous. She can be glamorous if she chooses, but not everyone can match her knowledge base and effort. 

• Love 3

Note to self:  brush up on the NATO alphabet before my (imaginary) appearance on Jeopardy.  I might have eventually gotten to X, but I sure didn't in the time allotted.  Still on my streak of 0 FJ correct this week! 

Was "Lake Placid" before their time?  It kinda made me sad no one knew that one -- Betty White is awesome in it.  I also was surprised no one knew Bass Weejuns.  Are they not a thing anymore? 

• Love 5
Just now, Browncoat said:

Note to self:  brush up on the NATO alphabet before my (imaginary) appearance on Jeopardy.  I might have eventually gotten to X, but I sure didn't in the time allotted.  Still on my streak of 0 FJ correct this week! 

I said "alpha bravo Charlie foxtrot Zulu."  That's all I know.  Quark!!!  That's my answer.  I did know X-ray was right the second I saw it, though.

I got Lake Placid.  I thought Dora the Explorer had been on longer than 2000. I can't believe 2000 was 18 years ago.  I was well into adulthood 18 years ago.  I'm going to go cry now.  And then maybe die of old age.

• LOL 7
3 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I also was surprised no one knew Bass Weejuns. 

I knew that one immediately! I remember saving up all of my babysitting money so I could get a real pair of them...along with Villager clothes. We did dress well in the 60's!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I pre-guessed X-Ray when I saw the category, but I had no clue on the actual question. Stick with your gut, I guess.

• Love 2

That Georgia Pacific question was extremely poorly phrased. They have a lot of questions with 2 subjects and it can be confusing. But it sounded like they were asking for the State not the name of the company.

GP is this big lumber and paper products company;The :"G" is for the State where it began

Written like that with a semi-colon. You hear "where it began" that sounds like the question.  So many of the jeopardy questions (answers) are phrased like the second part of that. I thought after the commercial they would declare her correct. Of course at home, you can slowly analyze the sentence. 

• Love 13

I forgot to post yesterday but the Gordon Lightfoot TS hurt.  I am old enough to remember the coverage of the actual Edmund Fitzgerald sinking and of course the song played every where.  

CKLW was such a mega watt station that I remember a dorm neighbor at William and Mary telling me she used to listen to it in Cleveland on a clear night.

Speaking of W&M, loved the shout out to the Wren Building.  I had many English classes there back in the day and once had a final interrupted by a tour group that took a wrong turn on the second floor.  Plus seniors get to ring the Wren bell on the last day of classes.  So many other wonderful memories rolling around my brain - thanks Jeopardy.

• Love 9
(edited)

Speaking of Gordon Lightfoot, he's a friend of a friend, and I know his nephew. In fact, Gordon "comes from" the same small town, Orillia (Ontario), as Stephen Leacock (Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town) that some bookaholics may recognize. The same small town where I live, except I live on a close-by lake.

Here's a bad video of Gordon being home for his statue unveiling. 2015? I'm there (not in the video) as it was a big event... and I know the microphone holder quite well. He's interviewed me at times.

My partner's son just finished working with Gordon on a project in the Niagara area. He's a fine man. He makes Canadians proud.

Remember, bad video. Just for the die hard fans who like seeing celebrities in everyday situations.

Edited by Bliss
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Grundoon59 said:

Speaking of W&M, loved the shout out to the Wren Building.  I had many English classes there back in the day and once had a final interrupted by a tour group that took a wrong turn on the second floor.  Plus seniors get to ring the Wren bell on the last day of classes.  So many other wonderful memories rolling around my brain - thanks Jeopardy.

Ditto, @Grundoon59!  From Convocation at the Wren to the final walk across campus from the Wren to the Hall (or whatever they're calling it these days) for Graduation, just wonderful memories.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I said "alpha bravo Charlie foxtrot Zulu."  That's all I know.

You know more than I did.  I didn't know that those letters were called the NATO Alphabet.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, indeed. :)

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Emma's style reminds me of Rachel Maddow and I find that  a little endearing. 

"Women need to meet men head on, not seduce them." Katharine Hepburn

Today I missed a lot of questions. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

That Georgia Pacific question was extremely poorly phrased. They have a lot of questions with 2 subjects and it can be confusing. But it sounded like they were asking for the State not the name of the company.

GP is this big lumber and paper products company;The :"G" is for the State where it began

Written like that with a semi-colon. You hear "where it began" that sounds like the question.  So many of the jeopardy questions (answers) are phrased like the second part of that. I thought after the commercial they would declare her correct. Of course at home, you can slowly analyze the sentence. 

Agree, I was confused about that question and what they wanted.  Thought they just wanted the state as well. 

Some of the questions are worded weird, has bugged me for awhile, to the point I don't know what they are asking. 

Thought you would really tell the cancer diagnosis was showing on Alex tonight, he was hoarse at the opening, could hardly get his words out. 

I was trying to follow the first ladies story, did her husband basically name their pet Isis?  Why would you do that in this day and age? 

I said Uraniam as well for FJ, didn't know X-ray.  ANd I even have looked at these recently.  My Millionare app game loves to ask those NATO alphabet questions. 

• Love 4

Speaking of Gordon Lightfoot, I posted this a little over a year ago when one of his other songs was a clue during the College Tournament (I think).

Or as my 9th grade World Cultures teacher used to call him, Gordon Heavyhand. Then he would bang on his desk and laugh. He loved that song. He was also one of my most favorite teachers, ever!

art love GIF

There really is a gif for everything!

I also got chugalug and Christopher Cross last night.

I didn't keep track tonight.

0 for 3 in FJ, so things are back to normal for me.

I will always love Emma for ridding my tv screen of James. I couldn't stand him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7