Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

My beef isn't with her. It's TLC who gives her approved questions to ask. Why not just let her ask her own questions

Even better, why not get a professional who actually WATCHES THE SHOWS?    If they hire Michelle Collins again mid-season, let her decorate the set AND write the script

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

I’m so glad you pointed that out, Neuro.  I’d forgotten about that line.  When she said “Jesse is so controlling about everything, but he’s not going to control this breakup!”, my brain went flat.  Why would ANYone actually think about that, after the fact?   The deed is done; he broke up.  Then called to say come stay at the hotel.  Then called to say I want to come check on you.  What’s to control?  God, they’re SIX.  I hate them both.  Still.  

And here’s another thing that bugs me.  WHY did he arrange to meet her in the park, in the cold?  First thing he says “shall we go to the hotel?”  I know, producer gimmicks, but still.  She had to stand there in the cold (in her Michelin Man coat) for some subliminal reason so he could get in the cab with her.  I truly friggin hate them both.

She look like stay puff from ? ghost busters ????

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And I bet you look like a million dollars! Somehow I don't think Darcey has either A) good taste or B) the patience, savvy and good eye to shop those sales and find gold. 

A lot of what I buy on clearance are higher end shoes. With a narrow heel, high instep and high arches, it's hard to find relatively inexpensive footwear that fit my feet properly. Canada doesn't get a lot of narrow width shoes - not enough population - and you either buy the higher end stuff or you go to larger cities and US cities to find stuff. If you are lucky and your size is there, sometimes you can get a really good deal.

Same with handbags. Some brands do not go on sale here and some are still unaffordable on my salary.

The very trendy seasonal clothing tends to drop down in price - not hugely interested in that unless I know the trend will last another few seasons. Any clothing would be timeless and classic pieces. I tend to mix and match items - some cheap, like a $7 tee from Old Navy to a higher quality skirt or whatever.

I also don't like a lot of visible labels or logos on my clothes and accessories. Maybe in some ways it's a way to show I can afford these things (well, on clearance) and I am cool or whatever, but it usually screams a bit tacky to spend a lot of money advertising some designer, especially if the label/name/logo is garishly large. I have bought a few reasonably-priced items at full price, but most folks know me as someone who can find a bargain - if you wait long enough. And some of the stuff I do buy lasts years, so with a cost per wear, it becomes a lot more affordable as you don't throw things out as much.

Darcey likes her labels, her designers, and the status they bring her. She could also shop outlet stores and find decent off-price items.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

A lot of what I buy on clearance are higher end shoes. With a narrow heel, high instep and high arches, it's hard to find relatively inexpensive footwear that fit my feet properly. Canada doesn't get a lot of narrow width shoes - not enough population - and you either buy the higher end stuff or you go to larger cities and US cities to find stuff. If you are lucky and your size is there, sometimes you can get a really good deal.

Same with handbags. Some brands do not go on sale here and some are still unaffordable on my salary.

The very trendy seasonal clothing tends to drop down in price - not hugely interested in that unless I know the trend will last another few seasons. Any clothing would be timeless and classic pieces. I tend to mix and match items - some cheap, like a $7 tee from Old Navy to a higher quality skirt or whatever.

I also don't like a lot of visible labels or logos on my clothes and accessories. Maybe in some ways it's a way to show I can afford these things (well, on clearance) and I am cool or whatever, but it usually screams a bit tacky to spend a lot of money advertising some designer, especially if the label/name/logo is garishly large. I have bought a few reasonably-priced items at full price, but most folks know me as someone who can find a bargain - if you wait long enough. And some of the stuff I do buy lasts years, so with a cost per wear, it becomes a lot more affordable as you don't throw things out as much.

Darcey likes her labels, her designers, and the status they bring her. She could also shop outlet stores and find decent off-price items.

CT  isn’t just known as the home of free refills, there are lots of designer outlets too!!!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

She's referring to it as Sharon Stone look.

Oh, now I get it. Darcey was channeling Sharon Stone in that wrap style dress that showed her hoo ha when she sat down. I tried to take a screen shot of it, but my camera couldn't focus on all that white. 

• Love 4
On 10/8/2018 at 9:35 AM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

She needs a compression stocking for those forehead veins!

It would have to be a designer compression stocking. Maybe that's what the Gucci headband really was!

• Love 7
18 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

rps20181008_184414.jpg

Well I made her my profile because she embodies the redic of this show. I shall however miss my dreamy Nicole profile

On 08/10/2018 at 10:08 AM, Happyfatchick said:

The still captured from the season wrap preview is riveting.  Tariq is feeling (probably admiring) Angela’s bicep.  Angela, meanwhile, is not amused and appears ready to clock him - hopefully, he has a bead on her right arm.  (How many chins does Angela actually have?). On the other side of the ring, we have Pole (unfortunately) grabbing for a handful of Granny’s boobie.  (He missed and has a handful of wrinkled cleavage).  Icky Tricky Ricky (master teller of the itty bitty teeny tiny untruth - as opposed to being a big fat stinky nasty liar who lies...) sees this as an opportunity to real-quick-like check out Pole’s BMI (maybe to verify he really was underfed when his in-laws ate all their groceries), and Rachel is pontificating (or maybe citating).... with absolutely NO ONE.    Seriously, she appears to be having a convo with someone clearly not in this pic.  And there’s ‘lil Darcy:  legs crossed, relaxed posture - who appears not to notice that there’s an altercation happening literally over her head.  Lots to play with here...

not so many flattering pics of Darce this week.

it really did sound as though Mahkull was fessing up that he cleaned the bank account out.  All I could think was...well, he knew good and well she was never going to pull that rabbit out of her hat and get him over to meet the Donald  - so he figured that was money he’d earned fair and square for putting up with her pawing, braying and general 2C33A5AE-9395-4291-9950-74903AC4DCD6.thumb.jpeg.e802d429a0721e828e9ef4bbf0320dff.jpeg,

grossness for 2 weeks.  Not a Kings ransom, but he may as well take it and run.    Not that he could get in a bind worse than Angela, but I’m guessing he learned a thing or two.  Maybe this was his first scam adventure, and $900 wasn’t too bad.  He worked dang hard for that money.  (He was a bartering man before...).  Still, I bet he checks references and practices some vetting techniques before that kind of scene gets out of hand again!

I can not stop giggling at this, Checking Paul’s BMI? Champagne comedy!

2 minutes ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

Well I made her my profile because she embodies the redic of this show. I shall however miss my dreamy Nicole profile

Also, what is going through Herr Jesses mind? Caption this....

• Love 2

Well, if MahKull did clean Angela out . . . (snicker) . . . he earned every frigging cent of it.

In fact, Angela owes him a lot because she never looked better after she went clothes shopping with him and got some Nigerian  muumuus.  She looked downright acceptable in her Nigerian togs.  

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

OBVIOUSLY Jesse is angered  and doing quick calculations about bringing this conversation/brawl back to him.  Because he needs one more space to brain slam Darcy and say he did it out of love.  Duh.

Edited by Happyfatchick
It didn’t make sense
  • Love 7

As Jesse would say, “This is just madness!” Meanwhile, Darcey only has eyes for him. I know this wasn’t photoshopped but why are the people’s heads in the top row bigger than those on the couch? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

Darcey-Fur-Coat-Street-90-Day-Fiance.jpg

TWINNING.

I haven't seen anything more fake and less attractive in a long time.  She's not ugly ugly. If she looked more like a human (and maybe worked on the personality instead of her body), she could probably find a guy closer to home. And who walks around in the daytime with their boobs out like that?

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:
On 10/7/2018 at 10:29 PM, Happyfatchick said:

She had to stand there in the cold (in her Michelin Man coat) for some subliminal reason so he could get in the cab with her.  I truly friggin hate them both.

She look like stay puff from ? ghost busters ????

I thought she looked like a mini-Yeti

• Love 3
On 10/8/2018 at 4:49 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I used to work at a dental school. The oral and maxillofacial surgery clinic did botox, fillers, eyelid lifts, all kinds of facial procedures. The OMFS residency was four years, after four years of dental school. 

My mother’s dentist in Texas did eyeliner and eyebrow tattoos.  

On 10/8/2018 at 10:45 PM, iwasish said:

CT  isn’t just known as the home of free refills, there are lots of designer outlets too!!!

I live in Wisconsin.  Had free refills recently at a restaurant here and thought of this thread lol

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

2C33A5AE-9395-4291-9950-74903AC4DCD6.thumb.jpeg.e802d429a0721e828e9ef4bbf0320dff.jpeg

This looks like the beginning of an old Family Feud episode, before they announce the contestants.

I’m bummed I didn’t get to watch on Sunday with the regular Ronis in the live thread. I had to watch On Demand. It just isn’t the same.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

This looks like the beginning of an old Family Feud episode, before they announce the contestants.

I’m bummed I didn’t get to watch on Sunday with the regular Ronis in the live thread. I had to watch On Demand. It just isn’t the same.

Picture this ........“Grangela....Come on Down!!!!!!”    And here she comes titties flapping,,,,,she’ll end up with two “black guys”*

• Love 17
On 10/9/2018 at 1:25 PM, Owwwww ma leg said:

I think he is about to say, "This is madness!"  This time he would be right! 

ETA:  Oops! Magemaud beat me to it!  GMTA

2C33A5AE-9395-4291-9950-74903AC4DCD6.thumb.jpeg.e802d429a0721e828e9ef4bbf0320dff.jpeg

Edited by renatae
  • Love 3

Based on my forensic analysis, lol,  the spots circled in blue appear to be extensions, whereas the stripe circled in red appears to be gray roots. DIDN’T we see her get her hair colored for this big dumping event, along with the veneers? But it also seemed likes he visited and then turned right back around to dump her, so maybe the hair coloring was for the first visit, then he came back a month later—long enough for roots to come in, but not long enough for her salon rotation.

4985D582-096C-4FD7-9CBB-C98F702BCC7B.jpeg

• Love 10
17 hours ago, renatae said:

I think he is about to say, "This is madness!"  This time he would be right! 

ETA:  Oops! Magemaud beat me to it!  GMTA

Does Rachel own anything but mom jeans? Not even a basic black dress for the tell-all?

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Does Rachel own anything but mom jeans? Not even a basic black dress for the tell-all?

Other than Jesse and Darcey (OF COURSE), none of them looked like they were dressing for a scheduled appearance on a TV show.  Compare it to how everyone showed up in skin tight dresses and red-bottomed shoes last season for the "Tell Nothing" episode.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Other than Jesse and Darcey (OF COURSE), none of them looked like they were dressing for a scheduled appearance on a TV show.  Compare it to how everyone showed up in skin tight dresses and red-bottomed shoes last season for the "Tell Nothing" episode.

Surely there's a happy medium ...

• Love 4

I don't know, Darcey seems more like she's dressed to meet a friend in a park, or maybe even a bit more casually than that.

• Love 4

If Rachel dressed other than a SAHM of toddlers, it would deviate from her poor single mom persona.   Of course she can dress better.  But why?   She can’t pull on our hearts strings if she did.  Or pull in the $$ in her GoFundMe account for Jon’s legal fees — which I see as her next move.  

Darcy did not buy her bags on sale.  Louise Vuitton, Chanel and Hermès are never sold at a discount.  They could be used but more likely fake.   Same with the shoes.   There is always a possibility that all her duds were rented just for the show.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

There is always a possibility that all her duds were rented just for the show.  

That's true, she probably knows a stylist who is dressing her and letting her borrow things. She may also be buying from apps that sell used designer items.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2018 at 8:18 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

I think Jesse came to NYC to get laid one last time. The sex must be really good!  Strange that he would cross an ocean because I would imagine women in Amsterdam would be fairly venturesome. 

Darcey must be a three input woman. I think he finds the combination of venturesome and low self-esteem to be irresistible at times.

Five inputs. I'm guessing Jesse could use her nostrils, too.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Whaaaaaaaat are you saying!?!?!  Angela has more skin covered than she did 99% of the time filming in Nigeria.  (Although she should have worn her African muumuu for the tell all).  Paul has on a nice red polo (I’m sure it passed the sniff test).  He matches Darcy (who missed the memo about clothing being a requirement - I think it’s a red snap on towel).  Tarik is not wearing a fish net over a tank (which is a pass for me, anyway).  Rachel and Doughboy (I seriously cannot come up with his name at the moment) conferred and agreed that dressing for a trip to Walmart is dressing “up”.  And while Herr Jesse still is seething with righteous indignation that he isn’t the center of this argument, thankfully the producers put him behind the couch so we can’t see he’s wearing knickers with his tailored top half.

or maybe I’m comparing it to Anfisa’s skintight dress and/or Chantels boobs threatening to jump out and run away and/or Paos horrible, awful, no-good, really bad hair the whole entire season.  

Sigh.  I feel better.  Always something to snark about.

• Love 6

I meant to say this last night and only just remembered I was “going there”.  

Someone asked, and someone else replaced uptheead about this scenario:

lets say Rachel met a man in AZ who was kicked out of higher ed for fighting.  That he has a record and is known to have caused significant damage to the person he assaulted.  And now he jobless, penniless, in debt up to his eyeballs, and has a propensity to “drop bombs” at will.  “Oh by the way, I’ve quit my menial job...”.  Would she look at him twice?  Would she give him her number?  Would she ever go out on a second date?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

shes going to round off his jagged edges. She’s going to make him respectable.  She’s going to make him (officially) a father.  She’s not going to hound him or pound him with her fists about his head, she’s going to leeeerve him.  He is going to see the sweet angel he married and be worthy of her unwavering love and attention.  Rachel has out a wood child’s toy with various holes cut in the top.  This is the image thru Rachel’s rosy glasses.  With fairies, rainbows and unicorns.  She’s been pounding away on that square block, trying to make it fit the round hole for MONTHS.  BTDT.  It’s my own MO.  Which is really interesting to me that I so clearly see it in others.  Girls with this affliction rarely win at love.  Everything is rosy - until it isn’t.  Until there’s abuse.  Until there’s years (YEARS!!) of subtle physical abuse and blatant emo abuse.  She doesn’t WANT to confront him on hard issues because she wants to be viewed as sweet and gentle and kind.  Even when we DO it, we know better.  Pretty sad.  True story.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

ets say Rachel met a man in AZ who was kicked out of higher ed for fighting.  That he has a record and is known to have caused significant damage to the person he assaulted.  And now he jobless, penniless, in debt up to his eyeballs, and has a propensity to “drop bombs” at will.  “Oh by the way, I’ve quit my menial job...”.  Would she look at him twice?  Would she give him her number?  Would she ever go out on a second date?

If he had a 'killer accent", maybe.

Edited by gonecrackers
quote in wrong place
  • Love 3
On 10/11/2018 at 11:31 AM, LGGirl said:

There is always a possibility that all her duds were rented just for the show.  

Remember how Pao and Russ didn't wear their "designer" shoes into/around the studios...commenting about keeping the bottoms clean while they were televised.  Those babies were returned!

• Love 4
On 10/7/2018 at 8:08 PM, EllaDisco said:

Would he just keep withdrawing the exact same amount over and over until he couldn't anymore?  Seems unlikely.

I agree it's unlikely, but if one knows that $300 (or any amount) is the limit per withdrawal (not per 24hrs), that's how it could happen.

8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Not "for one night," for a "met me in the park."   Luggage Not Required.

And if one felt one NEEDED to have all of those clothing and shoe options, couldn't one have gotten there early and rented a hotel room, dumped the luggage and headed for the park?  Or left it at a luggage-storage facility (multiple are available near Grand Central)?  This woman does not present as poverty-stricken, so either of them would have been a sensible option. 

It would have been sexier for her to strut her bustier up to Jesse without all that stuff.

• Love 5

And if one felt one NEEDED to have all of those clothing and shoe options, couldn't one have gotten there early and rented a hotel room, dumped the luggage and headed for the park?  Or left it at a luggage-storage facility (multiple are available near Grand Central)?  This woman does not present as poverty-stricken, so either of them would have been a sensible option. 

It would have been sexier for her to strut her bustier up to Jesse without all that stuff.

But not nearly as dramatic for us viewers!!

She might as well have been saying “ he loves me” “ he loves me not” with each step and knowing her she would have adjusted the steps as she got nearer to him to end with “HE LOVES ME”

• Love 4