Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/15/2018 at 11:56 AM, Horrified said:

I call BS on this.  The way Darcey answered that question seemed very much like she was improvising (badly) on the spot.  She would have been much more impressive if she had just answered "no - I'm done with dating for a while", or "yes, he's 50 years old, owns a coffee shop and thinks I'm the bomb"  Either way, if she could have demonstrated contentment and happiness, that would have been a huge middle finger to Jesse

His name is... George!  That's it, George...Glass

• Love 21

Are we sure Hazel actually has a son or has any relationship with him? Also, there is an assumption that if she moves to The US she will be in a better position to bring her son over? Do we have any evidence that the dad, who is currently raising him, would allow him to just move out of the country? Why wouldn’t Hazel be in the same position as Rachel with a father not wanting their child to move to another country? Also, if Hazel knows her child can never move to the US, is it worth it to be so far away and see him so little? Is she actually going to send money back and would the dad take it? The dad may be in a great financial position and not need her monetary help so that wouldn’t be a reason to move. We know she wouldn’t be moving for love. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’m confused, too, especially now that they’re saying this is her third “prenacy” since they got married. Only they know the real timeline, we’ve only seen a highly edited version of the wedding, miscarriage, and Paul’s return to the US and have no idea how time actually elapsed between the events. 

I can’t blame Paul for being suspicious. 

That's the other thing. If she keeps having miscarriages, maybe they need to investigate further. Sometimes they just happen, and it's no one's fault. On the show, the doctor said a potential genetic issue. (Could be something like Rh+/Rh-). Making more babies with an unknown genetic condition wreaking havoc is all kinds of crazy.

These two are more toxic than Jesse and Darcy because they're trying to bring new life/lives into a very unstable situation.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

Are we sure Hazel actually has a son or has any relationship with him? Also, there is an assumption that if she moves to The US she will be in a better position to bring her son over? Do we have any evidence that the dad, who is currently raising him, would allow him to just move out of the country? Why wouldn’t Hazel be in the same position as Rachel with a father not wanting their child to move to another country? Also, if Hazel knows her child can never move to the US, is it worth it to be so far away and see him so little? Is she actually going to send money back and would the dad take it? The dad may be in a great financial position and not need her monetary help so that wouldn’t be a reason to move. We know she wouldn’t be moving for love. 

She seemed uncertain as to whether or not bringing the child to the US would ever be a possibility and was still raring to go. I think ANY parent (mother or father) who abandons a young child and moves thousands of miles away is a piece of crap. But specifically when a woman does it....bc you know, we are socially conditioned to to be the care giver and bc we have that gestational tie...it's beyond appalling to me. I doubt Hazel's ex has much legally-supported authority to keep the child in the Philippines...bc face it, the country seems backwards as hell, without much of a legal system or safety net of public assistance or anything. I just don't think Hazel gives a rat's ass about the kid if doing so would delay her emigration to the US by a single day. But yes, I'd like to know the degree of effort Hazel AND TARIK made to compel the father to let the child go, too. Tarik was willing to trick off thousands$$$$ to buy a piece of ass. But did he offer the father any money or any concessions at all to take the child? Hmmmm, anyone recall Matt and Alla's story? Remember who got off the plane in Kentucky w/ Alla? That's right, little Max. Ugh Hazel and Tarik are disgusting.

• Love 3

Tarik was correct to be suspicious oHazel. 

Why is she looking to bring on her period if it’s just late? 

Many women have irregular periods or their cycle varies by a couple days or a week. IMO, the only reason to try and “bring on your period” with some kind of herbal tea that you have to get from some back alley supplier is because you know or strongly suspect that you are pregnant.  I’m sure Tarik knows what a condom is and if wearing one  is the only way he’s getting in her pants, I’m sure he’d be happy to agree. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Tarik was correct to be suspicious oHazel. 

Why is she looking to bring on her period if it’s just late? 

Many women have irregular periods or their cycle varies by a couple days or a week. IMO, the only reason to try and “bring on your period” with some kind of herbal tea that you have to get from some back alley supplier is because you know or strongly suspect that you are pregnant.  I’m sure Tarik knows what a condom is and if wearing one  is the only way he’s getting in her pants, I’m sure he’d be happy to agree. 

Right. There's a very thin line btwn encouraging menstruation and giving yourself an abortion. Every culture has its "teas," herbs, concoctions, weird foods, etc. Ain't nobody stupid in here. But what I am curious about is how Shaun Robinson knew about that. Did Tarik lose his shit and rant about it on social media or something? how did her period/abortion become fodder for the tell all? (fodder, not step-fodder lol)

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Right. There's a very thin line btwn encouraging menstruation and giving yourself an abortion. Every culture has its "teas," herbs, concoctions, weird foods, etc. Ain't nobody stupid in here. But what I am curious about is how Shaun Robinson knew about that. Did Tarik lose his shit and rant about it on social media or something? how did her period/abortion become fodder for the tell all? (fodder, not step-fodder lol)

TLC  probably asks if the couples have any dramatic news they can reveal on the Tell All.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Hazel has cold, dead eyes. I wouldn’t want her to be a part of my kids’ lives. 

I mean, I agree with this, but I feel terrible for her because I get the sense she has been deeply traumatized. The crazy religion, being homeless/extremely poor, having her son taken from her...something very very bad happened to her.

And Tarik has zero issues taking full advantage of her youth and obvious desperation so he can own the Philipina Angelina Jolie or whatever the f*ck.  HE disgusts me.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Chalby said:

Paul has never appeared sane in my eyes, and his appearance on the tell-all spoke volumes. Karine is pregnant and he immediately demands a DNA test - what the F*** is his problem?! She too needs to watch her back.

Cause you know maybe he never actually completes the deed. He sees her Vajayjay and comes all over himself.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Both were attractive in their youth.  Darcy does look much, much better this year compared to last season though.  

I just turned 40 but Darcy looks much older than I do. I think heavy plastic surgery procedures can have the opposite effect. I wear sunscreen and moisturize, whatever happens To my face is going to happen. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

I mean, I agree with this, but I feel terrible for her because I get the sense she has been deeply traumatized. The crazy religion, being homeless/extremely poor, having her son taken from her...something very very bad happened to her.

And Tarik has zero issues taking full advantage of her youth and obvious desperation so he can own the Philipina Angelina Jolie or whatever the f*ck.  HE disgusts me.

I see it as an act. She certainly turned on the charm when he was a day or two from leaving and still hadn’t proposed.  Suddenly she was all into him and playing coy and kissy face, bringing up a possibly rich Japanese guy who might want to marry her. She wants a ticket to the US and will sell herself to the one most likely to get her there. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

Cause you know maybe he never actually completes the deed. He sees her Vajayjay and comes all over himself.

You think he actually looks at it? 

I see her as doing all the work, get it up, get it in and get him off.  Afterwards he pats her on the shoulder then he takes a long shower ala Silkwood.

• Love 4

So after all that stuff about the special tea that Hazel drank, (the only way it could have been effective is if it had a morning after pill ground up in it, right?), are Tarik and Hazel still engaged?  I honestly cannot remember what their story is now.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, iwasish said:

I see it as an act. She certainly turned on the charm when he was a day or two from leaving and still hadn’t proposed.  Suddenly she was all into him and playing coy and kissy face, bringing up a possibly rich Japanese guy who might want to marry her. She wants a ticket to the US and will sell herself to the one most likely to get her there. 

You know. very good point. 

They all have some endearing qualities even though mostly they are annoying and pieces of work. Hazel , to me, has the LEAST endearing qualities. She is so hyper-reserved that it reads as detached to me. 

Tarik actually seems like a nice solid guy ( I mean look at him raising his daughter) but he obviously has some issues to be so taken with Hazel. His brother is really on point though. As is Ricky's daughter.  (His daughter is the most sage one on the show).

Also wanted to comment that yes Pole and his mamma talking about everything is to be run through RATHER for his blessing........His mamma could not be more non commital about  Pole and Kareeny's marriage and offspring. She seemed petrified to say anything as FATHER was not on board.

So basically I guess what I am saying is that we can each of us probably feel a LOT better about ourselves and our abilities.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mayvenne said:

You know. very good point. 

They all have some endearing qualities even though mostly they are annoying and pieces of work. Hazel , to me, has the LEAST endearing qualities. She is so hyper-reserved that it reads as detached to me. 

Tarik actually seems like a nice solid guy ( I mean look at him raising his daughter) but he obviously has some issues to be so taken with Hazel. His brother is really on point though. As is Ricky's daughter.  (His daughter is the most sage one on the show).

Also wanted to comment that yes Pole and his mamma talking about everything is to be run through RATHER for his blessing........His mamma could not be more non commital about  Pole and Kareeny's marriage and offspring. She seemed petrified to say anything as FATHER was not on board.

So basically I guess what I am saying is that we can each of us probably feel a LOT better about ourselves and our abilities.

Paul’s mother and father may have developed a strategy of dealing with Paul and the fact that he is such a “challenge”. His dad has taken on the role of “absolute ultimate authority”  or bad cop and mom is good cop. Mom can then avoid Paul giving her a hard time because Dad is supreme being.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, iwasish said:

Right. It would be one thing if Tarik had met her while she was huddled under a tree, weeping or even walking down the street. But she was all puckered up on Filipina Cupid, smiling, friendly, seductive, flirtatious. I think the blank, stoic look now is more about trying to follow the somewhat unfamiliar American English and feeling totally uncomfortable w/ tarik bc she doesn't know him or particularly like him.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Paul’s mother and father may have developed a strategy of dealing with Paul and the fact that he is such a “challenge”. His dad has taken on the role of “absolute ultimate authority”  or bad cop and mom is good cop. Mom can then avoid Paul giving her a hard time because Dad is supreme being.

It also looked like Pol's mom was at a hotel for her segment.   Perhaps Father wouldn't let Mother film at their house.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2018 at 6:43 AM, noveltylibrary said:

Because she is an utter loser!! can't stand her.  and the fact that they never even mention her other child really bugs me. such a happy little threesome they are!  Gag!!!

Thank you!  Any guy that confesses at the last minute that he has 50K pounds of debt ($70K ish) AND just quit his job...would be getting a door slammed in their face.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Marta said:

Thank you!  Any guy that confesses at the last minute that he has 50K pounds of debt ($70K ish) AND just quit his job...would be getting a door slammed in their face.

I think it was GBP30K = USD50K, but close enough.  Yes, he waited until the DAY BEFORE THEIR WEDDING, as if Rachel was going to just forget her "fairy tale" and dump him.  <rolleyes emoji>

On 10/14/2018 at 7:35 PM, Meowwww said:

I think Rachel is cute and has a great smile.  I think life just stresses her out. 

I agree however if it is life that is stressing her out, she is bringing/has brought it ALL ON HERSELF.  I mean, who signs up the broke, in debt, anger gnome who lives 3000 miles away???

• Love 5

I dunno about Mahkull and the money. At first I thought it was an ATM skimmer thing but then I was thinking about how he wouldn't put her picture on his phone (not that I blame him) and how he calls her fat and wanted her to fill in her wrinkles or whatever. That added to him realizing that living with that personality is not worth his dream of meeting Donald in America.  I think he just wanted some compensation for having to do the nasty with her even though bill gates doesn't have enough money to pay for that

• Love 2

Did this season have the highest percentage of sleazeballs?

Grangela - the very definition of sleaze

Mahkuhl - probably a scammer; at least he didn't claim to be a prince

Darcy Vader - a good reason for banning plastic surgery for purposes other than repairing injuries

Messe Keester - a dreadful person, and I say that out of love and respect

Marta the stripper and that guy whose name I forget - why were they even on the show?

Polecat - voted most likely to be a necrophiliac

Kareen - probably should be on "Name that Father!"

Tariff - looking for a sex toy that can also watch his kid

Hazy - a master manipulator, willing to do anything to get to the US

Pricky - absolute slime, pretending to be looking for a fiance, just to get laid out of his wife's reach

Ximena - the only decent person on this show, but pretty willing to give it up quick in hopes of a green card

Rachel - it's just not fair

Jon - can't say anything bad, for fear he would blind me

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree however if it is life that is stressing her out, she is bringing/has brought it ALL ON HERSELF.  I mean, who signs up the broke, in debt, anger gnome who lives 3000 miles away???

People like Rachel enjoy the stress, that’s why they go from one  stress filled situation to another. Well adjusted people have learned how to control the amount of stress in their lives and don’t voluntarily take on or get involved with situations that are fraught with unnecessary stress. Rachel already was living a stressful life as a single mother living paycheck to paycheck. Why get involved with a married man and foolishly get pregnant “accidently”. And then start an internet relationship via a Karaoke app (her one source of relaxation and escape from her stress) with a guy thousands of miles away? Her excuse that she fell in love  with the person therefore life/the world owes her an obstacle free path to happiness is ridiculous. She didn’t get to know Jon anywhere near enough to truly love him “as a person”. She didn’t know him well enough to marry him even the day before the wedding when he made his big reveal about being unemployed and owing thousands of pounds to the UK government. That information should have had her putting on the brakes, instead she jumps even deeper into an uncertain future and financial ruin and compounding her stress. The whole tell all was about how difficult it is “ to be kept apart” and that it will be years (she says 1-2, the attorney said, more likely 3 and possibly never) before they can begin their “fairy tale”. 

The stress she’s brought upon herself is going to be what breaks them apart. He has NO intention of picking up any more of the financial burden than Lucy’s daycare and she’s going to resent carrying the weight on her own.

• Love 5
On 10/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, millennium said:

If Rachel worked on her self esteem, lost a few pounds and splurged on some makeup, she could be a very attractive woman, which would no doubt help her get some work with respectable pay (I don't know of any jobless attractive people).

Wow.  I just wonder if there could be some sort of correlation between self esteem and being told you don't look good enough the way you are, and won't get work with respectable pay unless you "splurge" on makeup and lose a few pounds.

Rachel is a perfectly pleasant looking woman without obvious deformities or visible rashes, of a size that is not unlike many women who have had a couple of kids (and plenty who haven't).  She looks fine to me, and I'd take her in a heartbeat over the likes of Angela or Darcey, with their splurges on makeup and hair and clothes. 

On 10/15/2018 at 12:00 AM, MrHufflepuff said:

I think it's pretty cool that Darcey has such intelligent life coaches--hang on.... oh.  Those were her daughters?

I never once had even an opportunity to tell my mother that I had her back.  I guess she felt she didn't need it since she was, you know, the mother.  In retrospect, her naiveté was kind of charming.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, trimthatfat said:

I cringed when the other asshole, Jesse, asked Darcy for a hug after he basically spent the last two episodes calling her a violent drunk. One last action of emotional abuse. I wanted her to tell him to go fuck himself with a bronzer covered makeup brush. But alas, she was too polite to do that.

As others have opined, her motivation probably wasn't politeness.  I really can't stand her, but I actually felt a little sorry for her knowing how she was probably feeling about that hug, and its signs for the future.  I soooo wish she'd have said, "No hug, thanks, but I wish you the best" and then shook his hand.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Wow.  I just wonder if there could be some sort of correlation between self esteem and being told you don't look good enough the way you are, and won't get work with respectable pay unless you "splurge" on makeup and lose a few pounds.

It would be great to live in a world where people's livelihoods and self-esteem are not affected by one's looks, body shape, age, gender, etc.   So far I haven't seen that world anywhere outside of a Gene Roddenberry production.

• Love 10

I don't think Jon and Rachel will work out long term. Even if you think you can wait multiple years to be together life gets in the way. By living everyday life you meet people and I think it's unrealistic to think that neither of them will meet someone locally that they're attracted to and can actually be with at the time. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

People like Rachel enjoy the stress, that’s why they go from one  stress filled situation to another. Well adjusted people have learned how to control the amount of stress in their lives and don’t voluntarily take on or get involved with situations that are fraught with unnecessary stress. Rachel already was living a stressful life as a single mother living paycheck to paycheck. Why get involved with a married man and foolishly get pregnant “accidently”. And then start an internet relationship via a Karaoke app (her one source of relaxation and escape from her stress) with a guy thousands of miles away? Her excuse that she fell in love  with the person therefore life/the world owes her an obstacle free path to happiness is ridiculous. She didn’t get to know Jon anywhere near enough to truly love him “as a person”. She didn’t know him well enough to marry him even the day before the wedding when he made his big reveal about being unemployed and owing thousands of pounds to the UK government. That information should have had her putting on the brakes, instead she jumps even deeper into an uncertain future and financial ruin and compounding her stress. The whole tell all was about how difficult it is “ to be kept apart” and that it will be years (she says 1-2, the attorney said, more likely 3 and possibly never) before they can begin their “fairy tale”. 

The stress she’s brought upon herself is going to be what breaks them apart. He has NO intention of picking up any more of the financial burden than Lucy’s daycare and she’s going to resent carrying the weight on her own.

You are right - we all have that relative (we tend to distance ourselves if she is a friend) who goes from the frying pan into the fryer so to speak.  Rachel needs that drama and stress while most of us (hopefully) are happy to NOT have that drama in our lives.

• Love 1
On 10/16/2018 at 12:04 PM, gunderda said:

OMGGGGG it didn't even register with me but my brother lives in Columbus and I go there every year for Christmas.  That is being added to the Christmas festivities list - I don't care how cold!

Apparently these cookie dough places are in a number of states now.  

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/7/17/17581446/scooped-cookie-dough-bar-chicago-first-raw-water-tower-downtown-michigan-avenue-open

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

Forget the cookie dough--I can make my own, with eggs, since I don't have to worry about being sued.  Divide the dough into little balls and keep in freezer for snacking later. 

What I noticed in the photo in the article was the Wow Bao in the background.  I can't make my own bao, and those things are goooood.  Wow Bao is always a priority when I'm in Chicago. 

13 hours ago, millennium said:

It would be great to live in a world where people's livelihoods and self-esteem are not affected by one's looks, body shape, age, gender, etc.  

I agree, and have chosen to fight the power.  I would never tell a woman she doesn't look good enough just as she is.  Men don't have to fix themselves up to be presentable, and it should be the same for women, but it won't be if we continue to accept it, and even play into it.

And again--is crazy-face Darcey or hay-hair Angela really more aesthetically pleasing than Rachel?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And again--is crazy-face Darcey or hay-hair Angela really more aesthetically pleasing than Rachel?

I agree with you. Now I don’t disagree with @millennium that women are judged more on our appearance and how we fit into societal concepts of attractiveness, but I think Rachel fits into the concept of what a 30 something woman “should” look like, on a day out sight seeing just fine. Would I go to work or a party dressed like that, of course not, but there’s nothing wrong with jeans and sweaters. If I saw Rachel out pushing her daughters stroller on a weekend she would look like any other woman. I love fashion and style as much as the next woman but I think with so many reality show participants being “done up” all the time, the perception is skewed. 

• Love 8

Jesse is the master of the mindfuck. 

I find Rachel attractive but she doesn’t seem to feel that way so maybe making some changes in her case would help her feel better about herself since she seems to complain about the extra weight.  

Angela probably thinks she pretty hot stuff as is.  

Darcy is too far gone to recover her original looks which were very attractive.

• Love 5

Rachel obviously has zero self esteem and she's made enough derogatory comments about her weight and appearance that you know that's where its coming from.  I think she's quite attractive (and I'd kill to have that beautiful hair), but she doesn't feel good about herself and it shows.  I'm sure it would come out loud and clear if she went for a job interview, especially for a professional, well paying job.  So yeah, she would be more successful in life if she changed her appearance, but it would be due to increased self confidence, not what she physically looked like to the rest of world.  She should take some self confidence lessons from Angela, who has plenty to spare.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blizzard said:

Rachel obviously has zero self esteem and she's made enough derogatory comments about her weight and appearance that you know that's where its coming from.  I think she's quite attractive (and I'd kill to have that beautiful hair), but she doesn't feel good about herself and it shows.  I'm sure it would come out loud and clear if she went for a job interview, especially for a professional, well paying job.  So yeah, she would be more successful in life if she changed her appearance, but it would be due to increased self confidence, not what she physically looked like to the rest of world.  She should take some self confidence lessons from Angela, who has plenty to spare.  

I don’t think Angela has self confidence at all. If she did she wouldn’t be so defensive about the remarks that Michael made. A woman who is confident about her appearance would have had no problem purchasing a dress in Nigeria. There were plenty of Nigerian women in that marketplace that were larger than she is and were wearing those outfits. 

Molly strikes me more as a woman who is comfortable with her body. I never heard her say anything about being a larger woman and neither did Luis ( he was an ass in other ways though).

i think Rachel instead of blaming herself for her poor decisions in life, focuses on her weight, and blames  it for holding her back. And Jon is going to be another of those poor choices.IMO he’s well aware of her insecurity and is using it to his benefit. The whole persona he’s created for himself as defender of women’s honor and the ultimate modern man, so comfortable with his masculinity that he can step in and be a father to a child some other man has “abandoned”.  He’s a phony and she’s a fool.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

The whole persona he’s created for himself as defender of women’s honor and the ultimate modern man, so comfortable with his masculinity that he can step in and be a father to a child some other man has “abandoned”.  He’s a phony and she’s a fool.

Yes but...He's a fool that somehow has managed to publicly call other people, including probably other women, 'c*nts' and somehow gets no negative blowback from TLC (I'm wondering if there's a clause about public behavior?), or from IG. So, fool yeah, but a crafty motherfucker to be sure...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 1

I was re-watching the tell nothing special and realized that Jon and Rachel probably wouldn’t have gone through with the wedding if TLC hadn’t offered to pay for everything. I really wish TLC hadn’t done that because I think they interfered in a way that’s bad for the couple. 

• Love 5
On 10/18/2018 at 7:44 AM, magemaud said:

I can’t blame Paul for being suspicious. 

I have no problem blaming Paul. If Karine is that 'suspect' why did he marry her? And she has every right to be furious when he goes on national tv to say he needs a DNA test because she posts responses and hearts on someone's Facebook who lives 5000 miles away. Karine's right - he has destroyed any reputation she had left. WTF is wrong with him (aside from a clear case of Asperger's perseveration on behaviour that does not exist?) The baby needs DNA to guarantee American rights? What a load of shit. If my husband wanted an STD test for every time I have told a male friend his picture looks good, I would have a fridge full of urine. Don't marry if you cannot trust someone completely. Paul and Karine need to get off my screen, I am over it.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

Yes but...He's a fool that somehow has managed to publicly call other people, including probably other women, 'c*nts' and somehow gets no negative blowback from TLC (I'm wondering if there's a clause about pubic behavior?), or from IG. So, fool yeah, but a crafty motherfucker to be sure...

???

5 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

"My two favorite women--I have both of their hair in my backpack."

In five years, Pole's going to say:

"My two favorite women--I have both of their heads in my backpack."

NO KIDDING!!! That was so disgusting and creepy. Where did TLC find this loser.

• Love 3