Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Raja said:

That is like saying that you would never confuse an American with a South African. The Chinese of the Philippines, the Tisnoy, are a minority ethnic group, but they are there to confuse you just like those with some African in them that are a minority in America but can confuse you when you learn they are American and not say Nigerian.

Okay most of the time, not never.  There are some that are pure Asian so sure you would say they look Asian,  but they are a small minority like you said.  If I saw Hazel on the street and never met her before I would say she looks Filipino.

There was something about Ximena's demeanor that didn't add up.  Her smiles and her camera-ready posture....all very Telenovela actress wannabe.   She's a plant by the production team when the other person fell through.

For those who don't know, Venezuela, Colombia and Mexico have a huge Telenovela subculture and it impacts employment and education plans for young people (guys and gals).  In other words, it is very common for young people to say when I grow up I'm going to have my own Telenovela...or I'm going to play the rich woman on a Telenovela.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AmyBre said:

There was something about Ximena's demeanor that didn't add up.  Her smiles and her camera-ready posture....all very Telenovela actress wannabe.   She's a plant by the production team when the other person fell through.

For those who don't know, Venezuela, Colombia and Mexico have a huge Telenovela subculture and it impacts employment and education plans for young people (guys and gals).  In other words, it is very common for young people to say when I grow up I'm going to have my own Telenovela...or I'm going to play the rich woman on a Telenovela.

She is very charismatic and polished! But I can't help but wonder why, if she's interested in that line of work, she's 27 and still living at home w/ mom in a small, do-nothing town. She's been waiting on Ricky to show up for the past 10 years? lol

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AmyBre said:

She reminds me of Selena the singer that got murdered, the energy or something.  The one they made Movie about and Jennifer Lopez plays her role 

Most Latin American cultures, it is customary to "live at home" until you get married. 

In my limited experience and exposure to other cultures, I have found that the USA is one of the few countries/cultures where children are pushed out after college.   I'd argue that an adult is not yet fully formed or mature to live on his own when he comes back from college at 21 years of age.    I'm all for supporting my children and keeping them close until they are independent or until they want to leave by themselves (whichever comes first) as long as they are not sitting on their butts and looking for work/being productive.

Ximena's aspiration of being a soap opera actress do not necessarily collide with her living at home with her family.   Irrespective of her desire to be an actress, she has that gold digger opportunist demeanor, which allowed her to easily be intimate -- trade bodily fluids -- with Ricky and forget she's just playing a part on a show.   Ricky might be smarter than we think and may be using TLC to fund his sex tourism vacation.    In the end, Ricky gets what he wants, Ximena gets some money and some TV face time, TLC gets material for a storyline and we get......

1 minute ago, Mainer said:

She reminds me of Selena the singer that got murdered, the energy or something.  The one they made Movie about and Jennifer Lopez plays her role 

That's like comparing Barbra Streisand or Celine Dion to Snooky from the Jersey Shore.

• Love 2

@millennium you are a deep thinker and I really enjoy your posts.  I turn off my brain when I watch this pap and I probably should work on that.  But I usually enjoy this show.  However, recently, nothing seems to happen.  The previews seem to suggest something exciting is coming up, then a letdown.  There are some moments that make it worth it.  They have taken the low road lately.  But I don't want to see ordinary couples without conflict.  That would bore me.  

I have noticed that Sweet Baby Lucy is fretting more because she is picking up on the conflict between her mom and bearded guy.  I don't like to see that and wonder what would happen if they get married and lived together.  Who knows how and when that would ever happen.

I thought Pole works for his dad's company as the IT professional.  That could explain why he is able to get so much time off.  I thought I read that here in the forum a while back.

• Love 1
On 9/24/2018 at 4:59 PM, LisaWl7TR said:

Hubby and I are flying into Milwaukee Sat. maybe we can have lunch at the airport lounge and see if Marts is working! ;)

Whelp...made it to Milwaukee but didnt find the airport lounge :(

• Love 1

I am SO looking forward to the Tell All!

What will Angie Wear?

Will Eyore crack a smile?

Will Ricky wear Camo and reveal it was all a scam?

Will Darcy have so much Botox and plastic in her face that the Tupperware people are after her? 

Will Pole have pants that fit him?

• Love 3

Will Hazel profess her undying somewhat attraction to Torgo?

Will Tardis profess his undying love of threesomes?

Will Jesse say "Babe"?

How many people will Jon threaten to punch?

Will Eczema castrate Pricky?

Will Marta strip?

• Love 2
On 9/30/2018 at 6:20 PM, spankydoll said:

He looks very handsome in some of his photos even if his poses make no sense. I think that his personality overshadows his looks so there's an ick factor. 

His acne-scarring removes his chance at face or even hair modeling, and his body is not that interesting. I also think he kind of has a dead-eye look...maybe runway, but not print.

• Love 2

@millennium, the show used to be more fun.  I wouldn’t watch at all if I didn’t have you guys.  Somewhere around Dani-Mo, it tipped into being all about the snark.  I had Dani as my screen saver for a long time.     Dani and her perpetually tilted glasses so that the frames were always square across her pupils.  (Why did no producer in the history of EVER fix that eyeglasses thing??).

@Kareem:  the big lady in the little chair...HAAAAAHAHAHA!!!

• Love 2

Just rewatching the extended version and loved when Jon sarcastically said "oh so you only happened to be on my social media during a conversation with my ex?" I don't buy Rachel's version of events, she is so insecure and absolutely stalks his social media accounts.

i also laughed when Tarik started his rap tape and Hazel said "what is that?" With the most animated look that we have ever seen. Then she had to pretend to be into it.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1

This may have already been brought up, when Paul, Karine and her Mother arrived at the hospital Paul says she had an ultrasound the day before but then during the ultrasound exam that day they mentioned the fetus had been dead for a week.  It was probably just a sloppy editing error as there are many of those on this show.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2018 at 6:16 PM, spankydoll said:

Did Darcey really say that the girls didn't stay over because she and Jesse aren't married?

It's probably because the girls' dad has custody and they NEVER stay over with her.   Issues!

On 9/16/2018 at 5:57 PM, Marilee said:

Darcey and Jesse are ridiculous, spoiled babies. Why did he feel it necessary to keep mentioning that it was a Loubitan shoe he was “assaulted” with.

Maybe some licensing deal (she IS a clothing designer/manufacturer after all)?  They get a dime every time they mention an associated designer?

17 hours ago, endure said:

This may have already been brought up, when Paul, Karine and her Mother arrived at the hospital Paul says she had an ultrasound the day before but then during the ultrasound exam that day they mentioned the fetus had been dead for a week.  It was probably just a sloppy editing error as there are many of those on this show.

The first ultra sound may have been just the external one and it wasn’t picking up a heartbeat so they called her in for the internal ultrasound to confirm.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:27 PM, Rt66vintage said:

A smart poster upthread taught me a new word, and I think it explains Elvis' quirk: ephebophilia.

Does anyone think he makes an attractive model? Will agencies take his 90-dayness as an advantage or the opposite? I find him extra creepy. 

His behavior on 90DF could be a liability for sure, depending in the client. If any of you are fans of The Bachelor and remember Courtney Robinson, she had been a successful model, but her career tanked after she acted badly on air and people hated her. 

• Love 1
On 10/2/2018 at 3:18 PM, Eric said:

So what if some men have decided to go abroad to pick a young, pretty, child-free, nice woman with good manners and great values? Something that a 40-50 years old man cannot find anymore in America if he is not rich or famous.

Most likely it seems they are probably looking for the same type as well and they want someone young, handsome and unencumbered, too.

• Love 5
On 10/2/2018 at 6:41 PM, spankydoll said:

You don't live in Darcyville though. I am sure that part of her brain was expecting some dramatic make up scene with a string quartet playing in the park and Jesse riding up on a white horse. 

Jesse knows Darcey well enough to know she doesn't do casual except at home. He knew she'd be showing up in full regalia no matter where. She also said he kept his plans from her and she didn't know what to expect - probably was hoping he'd take her to dinner. Just more humiliation added to the drama thanks to Herr Perfekt.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1
On 10/2/2018 at 6:42 PM, JenE4 said:
  On 10/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, ava111 said:

I think we should play Marry, Shag or Kill with Paul, Tarik and Ricky. Michael seems too normal to be included...

It's a Trifecta! Marry - um, no one. Shag - definitely no one. Kill? Not any of them. Now, Jesse ---

1 hour ago, renatae said:

Most likely it seems they are probably looking for the same type as well and they want someone young, handsome and unencumbered, too.

THIS!  When I was young and pretty I sure as heck didn’t want an “old” man who 40 or 50 years old!!  Men like that are set in their ways and have a ton of baggage ( and, no, I am not saying that women of the same age don’t have the same issues). I wanted someone who had the same interests, listened to the same bands, had fun hobbies, was at a similar stage in his career to mine, etc. 

ETA:  I want to explain one more thing that makes a lot of young women reject some older men: I always assumed there must be something wrong with them if women their own age rejected them.  Why weren’t they dating women in their own age with similar interests and life experiences?  Those women knew better. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, PityFree said:

THIS!  When I was young and pretty I sure as heck didn’t want an “old” man who 40 or 50 years old!!  Men like that are set in their ways and have a ton of baggage ( and, no, I am not saying that women of the same age don’t have the same issues). I wanted someone who had the same interests, listened to the same bands, had fun hobbies, was at a similar stage in his career to mine, etc. 

ETA:  I want to explain one more thing that makes a lot of young women reject some older men: I always assumed there must be something wrong with them if women their own age rejected them.  Why weren’t they dating women in their own age with similar interests and life experiences?  Those women knew better. 

Ding ding ding. Also a lot of the older guys going after younger women don’t just want a partner or companionship, they want another “bite at the Apple” i.e. to feel young, have a second set of kids etc etc. There’s a very different demeanor to a man/woman who was happy with their youthful experiences, maybe they are divorced/widowed and looking to have love and companionship compared to someone who wants to relive their youth with a much younger partner.

If Darcey was just looking for a companion; she’d have no problem meeting a divorced or single guy her own age. She’s pretty and her kids are old enough where she can have an active social life (they also live with their Dad most of the week), but Darcey’s of the world don’t want their social PEER they want to move up.

Of course there are exceptions to everything and these are just social trends. 

• Love 5

I *am* judging people who won't date within their pay grade, to use a crass cliche.  If a 40 or 50 something man is specifically looking for a young woman, or a childless woman, for any reason (attracted to youth, wants someone submissive, wants someone who "owes" him, demands purity, wants his friends jealous...), I find that to be a character flaw, a huge one.    

Of course, occasionally significant age differences happen (I was 8 years younger than my late husband and I'm 11 years younger than my current beau), but when someone limits himself (or herself) to only  much younger (or much more attractive, or wealthy or...) people, it says all I need to know about him/her, ethically speaking.  

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Why weren’t they dating women in their own age with similar interests and life experiences?  

Aliya jr is 41. He was married briefly to someone I'd like to kill on sight. A terrible person with issues that she hid while dating (tho her parents knew she had issues and didn't tell my son, hoping marriage would 'help' her with them).  He is now dating a young woman who is 10+ years younger because he wants children. He tried dating women closer to his age, but while he actually comes with very little baggage (own home, advanced degree, good job, no kids), the women either had never been married and had been in so many bad relationships that they were train wrecks, or they had children who were practically grown.  Some of the women with kids were nice enough, but weren't willing to try and have a baby when their youngest kid was 17 or they were in the prime of their career.

Normally, when I look at these guys on TV, you can see where the problem is. I'm thinking of the guy with the cats and living at home with mom. But there are other issues that can make someone want a younger spouse. If you look couples in Victorian and Edwardian times, it wasn't unusual for an older man to marry a much younger woman. Actually, that was probably true through much of history. They seemed to deal with it without assuming the man had some kind of mental problem.

That said, as a mom, I'm not sure that there isn't too much age between them, but, we thought the first one was a great match and that turned out horribly, so I'm gonna shut my mouth and see what happens.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, aliya said:

Aliya jr is 41. He was married briefly to someone I'd like to kill on sight. A terrible person with issues that she hid while dating (tho her parents knew she had issues and didn't tell my son, hoping marriage would 'help' her with them).  He is now dating a young woman who is 10+ years younger because he wants children. He tried dating women closer to his age, but while he actually comes with very little baggage (own home, advanced degree, good job, no kids), the women either had never been married and had been in so many bad relationships that they were train wrecks, or they had children who were practically grown.  Some of the women with kids were nice enough, but weren't willing to try and have a baby when their youngest kid was 17 or they were in the prime of their career.

Normally, when I look at these guys on TV, you can see where the problem is. I'm thinking of the guy with the cats and living at home with mom. But there are other issues that can make someone want a younger spouse. If you look couples in Victorian and Edwardian times, it wasn't unusual for an older man to marry a much younger woman. Actually, that was probably true through much of history. They seemed to deal with it without assuming the man had some kind of mental problem.

That said, as a mom, I'm not sure that there isn't too much age between them, but, we thought the first one was a great match and that turned out horribly, so I'm gonna shut my mouth and see what happens.

He was holding never being married against them?  Not being divorced or widowed was a dealbreaker? 

• Love 1

Jesse picked an older woman. Put the other way,  Darcy chose a younger man. 

Mahkul picked an older woman. Or: Angela chose a younger man. 

Tarik picked a younger woman with a child. 

Pole had a pregnant bride. 

And then there's Baby Lucy and two 30-something adults. 

Not sure where the 40-50-year-old American men looking for the younger,  foreign, child-free women are here. 

Not that they don't exist.  I think we've already established that jerks abound. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe

@aliya your son’s situation makes sense. He was partnered, it didn’t work out, and he still wants biological children (nothing wrong with that). Given where he is in his life women without children are likely be childfree(not having any because they didn’t want them), have small kids (which yes does hinder dating in the best of circumstances espcecially for women) or have teenage/grown children because they had them in their early 20s. This is normal. 

As far as Victorian times- that was because people were marrying for children, property and economic stability (for women), in the 21st century USA those are factors for marriage (duh) but we place a lot of value on personal intimacy, sexual compatitblity and recreational companionship. I think if the Tariqs and Rickys of the series were up front “I want biological children, domestic support, and partnered sex, in exchange I will provide the woman with economic stability” people might call them “cold” but they wouldn’t seem creepy. Waking poetic about romantic love when we all can see that’s not what this is about makes them seem sleezy.

3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

He was holding never being married against them?  Not being divorced or widowed was a dealbreaker? 

I don’t know @aliya ‘s son (duh) but I think what she was getting at is if someone is 40+ and never been married they likely aren’t LOOKING to marry or partner in a permanent/co-habitating type relationship (which tends to be true for both men and women). Men in their 40s who’ve never been married are judged SO harshly, as either 1. Immature, 2. Defective emotionally. Supposedly it’s better to be divorced than single after 40. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t know @aliya ‘s son (duh) but I think what she was getting at is if someone is 40+ and never been married they likely aren’t LOOKING to marry or partner in a permanent/co-habitating type relationship (which tends to be true for both men and women). Men in their 40s who’ve never been married are judged SO harshly, as either 1. Immature, 2. Defective emotionally. Supposedly it’s better to be divorced than single after 40. 

Wow. That’s pretty crappy and shortsighted. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Not sure where the 40-50-year-old American men looking for the younger,  foreign, child-free women are here. 

Not that they don't exist.  I think we've already established that jerks abound. 

Personally, I was talking about all people dating above their pay grade.  Tarik is significantly older than Hazel, Angela than Michael, the disparity in looks between Ricky and, well, everyone....

I used an older man as the specific example, as the topic of 40-50 year old men came up in this post, which prompted several replies:

On 10/2/2018 at 4:18 PM, Eric said:

So what if some men have decided to go abroad to pick a young, pretty, child-free, nice woman with good manners and great values? Something that a 40-50 years old man cannot find anymore in America if he is not rich or famous. Why limiting the pool of women by only dating U.S women? Dating or marrying someone from different a culture can be very positive and interesting for some people. For you to call them losers, that tells me that you are bitter person.  You are judging them and ,at the same time, you are glued to your TV watching these people live their lives. (laugh)

Edited by CousinOliver
7 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

They aren’t on 90 day fiancé.

• Love 1

I don’t know @ALIYA ‘s son (duh) but I think what she was getting at is if someone is 40+ and never been married they likely aren’t LOOKING to marry or partner in a permanent/co-habitating type relationship (which tends to be true for both men and women). Men in their 40s who’ve never been married are judged SO harshly, as either 1. Immature, 2. Defective emotionally. Supposedly it’s better to be divorced than single after 40. 

My late husband and I got married when he was 44 and I was almost 36.  I'm a professor, he was an engineer.  Neither of us had been married or had children.  If I expressed how happy we were, I'd likely be accused of delusions.  

I'm glad neither of us were short sighted enough to dismiss someone for being unmarried past a certain age.  

His only defect was the heart defect that unexpectedly took him.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, CousinOliver said:

My late husband and I got married when he was 44 and I was almost 36.  I'm a professor, he was an engineer.  Neither of us had been married or had children.  If I expressed how happy we were, I'd likely be accused of delusions.  

I'm glad neither of us were short sighted enough to dismiss someone for being unmarried past a certain age.  

His only defect was the heart defect that unexpectedly took him.  

I absolutely believe you were happy. Above I was attempting to describe a social preception, not that I personally thought once someone is 40 chances of finding marriage are “bye bye” (far from it). 

I am sorry you lost your husband too soon. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, PityFree said:

No. He wasn't holding it against them, it's just that they seemed to bring a lot of issues by time they get to their late 30's and early 40's. He dated divorcees and as a person who lost his father at 14, if someone was a widow, that was OK.  He understood that. It's just a lot of them had kids and didn't want a baby at that stage of life.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, aliya said:

No. He wasn't holding it against them, it's just that they seemed to bring a lot of issues by time they get to their late 30's and early 40's. He dated divorcees and as a person who lost his father at 14, if someone was a widow, that was OK.  He understood that. It's just a lot of them had kids and didn't want a baby at that stage of life.

Ah thanks for following up. 

The blonde older woman (can’t even remember her name at this point) is an idiot. Full-out idiot. Give a Nigerian guy you barely know your bank card and PIN code. 

Jon and Rachel - I don’t know what to make of them. They may wind up being the only couple that stays married, or gets married.

Pole is getting exactly what he deserves. He married a child. And what in the hell do they have in those two large pet kennels? Her stuffed animals???

The rest of them I don’t really care what happens to them. This is the worst cast by far, in my opinion.

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 18

Rachel's older daughter has a father who presumably can provide for her. Jon might easily find another job. I'm rooting for these two crazy "kids"! ?

Mahkul wants to MMGA.  ?

Hazel and Kreeeny seemed genuinely upset when their men departed for home. 

• Love 11

Hazel sucking on her bottom lip is really starting to bug me.....as a nervous tick and the fact that it seems so odd because she has such big lips that it's like sucking on a giant caterpillar or something.  Plus it makes them look swollen and chapped.  UGH

Ang yelling at Michael over the phone was so dramatic and unnecessary.   She spent 2 weeks in the Land O Scams and she's accusing him of stealing?  Good gravy.

• Love 20

As in "Pretty Woman," I bet Rachel "still believes in the fairy tale." Enough to hitch her wagon to a guy who's not only broke but in $50K debt (when you marry, do you become co-responsible for your spouse's debts? happened to my brother); quits his job "to get married" (they don't have weekend weddings there? in reality, who did he mouth off to or cuff this time?); whose own mother isn't supportive of the situation; who's got such a violent criminal record he cannot get into the U.S.; vomits on the street; dirty-looking; nonstop potty mouth....ugghhhhh....good luck, Rachel. 

I'm hoping Michael didn't do it. He'd be a fool to blow his chance to get into the U.S. and all he has put into "courting" (euphemism) the Angelasaurus, for $600.  

Boy, that Kreeny has some shrew voice...especially for a 21-year-old...

Jesse's a selfish little snake, making New Age pronouncements about his lofty motivations while doing things like coming to NYC to get more face time on TV and staying in same hotel as Darcey because he's addicted to the hatesex (they both are). 

Edited by Tuneful
90DF catatonia
  • Love 17

I haven't read the live chat, so I am curious about the Jesse/Darcy last night together story.

Jesse claims Darcy's door was open?  Bullshit.  

Who would leave a hotel door open ?  Late at night?  Anywhere?

Right Jesse...........

• Love 10