Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, lampwick said:

Kind of rich though, right.  Remember when she threw the glass at Kristen?  And not apologetic about it.... 

Right? When Ramona thinks you are too unstable to f with, it is bad.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, AnnA said:

Yowza!   I'm not even going to ask why.  Whatever makes your boat float. ;)

I recently resolved a business dispute by providing texts from 5 years ago, so yeah, they’re important when they’re from contractors for instance.  The silly ones from friends, no, those aren’t necessary to keep and my friends know that I do not respond to texts and don’t clog up my phone with nonsense - yeah, I’m a bowl of fun.  I hate texting and even switch over to my landline for phonecalls, but texting has become the new email and it seems no one checks voicemails anymore either.  I just looked, and I used my cell phone for roughly 20 minutes last month.  I want to get rid of that albatross.  Remember when the phone rang and you wouldn’t know who is calling?  Or you left the house without a map?  Exciting times back then.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Though in Apolo Apollo Nita Nida's situation, the Secret Service used the show to find and obtain search warrants for property that he was hiding in Kandi and Cynthia's garages.

Oh snap! I stand corrected.  Good call.  And I watched that madness!  Why didn’t Kandi get in trouble for hiding assets when she knew that was the exact reason she was storing them?  Maybe this is too off topic....

• Love 2
12 hours ago, film noire said:

"I have a mugshot, too!" is the best quote of the season, imo --  it perfectly sums up this insane sideshow. (Tinsley also handled Bethenny like a pro: she listened, engaged, and then moved on.  With Carole gone, she will absolutely be Frankel's new target -- we saw the beginning of that last night, when she attacked Tinsley for daring to swivel her eyes in Carole's direction without express permission from Queen WannaB.)

Or because (when not working) she does most of her rage-drinking  late at night at home, verbally abusing the television ("You goddamn dirty bastard, Lennie Briscoe! You were my first Law and Order tv husband -- even before Jesse Martin, who always took my coat -- but you left me anyway!") 

~translated from the original drunk Dorindish:  "ya godmanBrisket teevHusband! JesssssssMMMcoatLEFTIEwaysss."

Omg! Literally lol-ed!

• Love 3
On 7/25/2018 at 10:14 PM, Mozelle said:

Bethenny almost drowns in her tears. Almost, though, because thankfully she was wearing a life vest.

Bethenny is always carrying her own flotation devices.  Two of them.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AnnA said:

I do remember Carole telling tales of Jason being a jackass.  When he had Bryn, Bethenny would be given an exact time to call her to say goodnight but he wouldn't answer the phone.   

Who knows if that's even true . Lost at sea, does not have parents, homeless, torture, Bethenny exaggerates EVERYTHING. Carole finally figured out that most of the shit Carole mouthpieced for Bethenny about her ex wasn't true.  

I think Carole is just done with Bethenny's antics and doesn't have the heart to be honest with her that B is a total mess and no friend to anyone.  

• Love 21
On 7/25/2018 at 10:25 PM, TexasGal said:

We need a replay with subtitles of each argument. I couldn’t figure out what the heck was happening.

I watch everything with CC because I don't like to miss a word and I still had to watch twice...I will go for a third time because someone mentioned Tinsley and Sonja kissing, totally missed that and wonder what else I missed. ;p 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, lampwick said:

Remember when the phone rang and you wouldn’t know who is calling?  Or you left the house without a map?  Exciting times back then.

Ah, yes!  I had to learn to change a tire when I started driving, because "back then," if your tire went flat, you pulled over and fixed it your damn self (which I did!)  If there were more serious problems, you hoped that you broke down near a pay phone!  No AAA at the time to call, just your Mom or Dad.  If AAA was around, we didn't have it!

I can understand why some of the ladies keep their texts from the other HWs though.  It seems like it's the only ammunition you have in a fight.  They are all exhausting to watch with the constant hunting of the texts in order to prove a point! 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

All of this.  I love Tinsley.  I have likened her to Porsha from RHoA.  She's sweet, friendly and seems incapable of any real meanness  or holding a grudge. 

Wait...are we talking about the same Porsha that told Kandi her va-jay-jay (not the word she used) smelled and helped to spread the lie that Kandi wanted to drug her? Tinz is nothing like her - thank G-d!  I do believe she is the least polarizing of the bunch.  She's hard to vehemently dislike. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

To be fair, I don't think any special insight into Dorinda's drinking is needed.  Or maybe even possible, because it's all out there for even casual observers like me.

Or, as @Mozelle opined, it could be that she wanted to avoid the reunion.

I said a while back that I don't think she's an alcoholic and that she can probably, at some point in the future, be a social drinker.  I might be wrong, but I don't think it's even a possibility with Dorinda.  She need to never let booze pass her lips again.

I don't know that much about Dorinda's financial situation, but surely she's above upper middle class.

And being a white, somehwere-above-middle-class female didn't keep Luann out of the pokey. 

In a thread a few episodes back, I think, somebody mentioned a time when some poll results were shown before the poll was opened.

Being white has a lot to do with it. Doris lives in New York City. Upper middle class is a different beast there.  Six figure salaries don’t go that far in NYC. Sad but true.

i really hope this Bethany and Carole feud is over soon. It’s not that interesting. Both are aholes in different ways. Bethany is just louder about it. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think B is very, verrrrryyyy upset because she feels Dennis slipping away and she can't control it. He is over her. She loves him. Another rejection for B so she is going to be a royal bitch to anybody she can get her claws in to. I say this because of the way the whole "please get me a plane so I can come home" convo went on the phone with him and also the comments she has made throughout the season about their relationship. That's one of the reason's for this season's meltdowns along with the Carole fallout and the Jason never ending custody drama. 

This makes so much sense to me.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, laprin said:

Tinz is nothing like her - thank G-d!  I do believe she is the least polarizing of the bunch.  She's hard to vehemently dislike. 

Although Tinsley is spoiled, I like her.  She seems to truly have a good heart when it comes to other people.  She hasn't done anything vile to anybody, and I like her lighthearted nature, so I hope she'll stay on the show.  It was so nice watching her and Sonja having a good time at the dinner table while completely blocking out the ensuing insanity around them.  I'd much rather watch that interaction than the constant bitching by some of the others.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I could have sworn the trip to the Galapagos was  for by a mutual friend of both  it was a huge yoga retreat cruise.

Also, I love that  Bethenny didnt want a big dramatic exit but waa only leaving if she flew  private.

That was probably the only funny moment on this episode. Likely no one would have noticed or cared. They would have just gone shopping.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lampwick said:

Oh snap! I stand corrected.  Good call.  And I watched that madness!  Why didn’t Kandi get in trouble for hiding assets when she knew that was the exact reason she was storing them?  Maybe this is too off topic....

It was actually Peter and Todd who let Apollo store his stuff in their garages. I believe Apollo  asked them prior to his arrest. The guys just thought they were storing these items because Apollo didn't have room at his house. When they came to Cynthia's house she asked them how they knew and the agent told her that it was the show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Ah, yes!  I had to learn to change a tire when I started driving, because "back then," if your tire went flat, you pulled over and fixed it your damn self (which I did!)  If there were more serious problems, you hoped that you broke down near a pay phone!  No AAA at the time to call, just your Mom or Dad.  If AAA was around, we didn't have it!

I can understand why some of the ladies keep their texts from the other HWs though.  It seems like it's the only ammunition you have in a fight.  They are all exhausting to watch with the constant hunting of the texts in order to prove a point! 

Ha!  My car died when on a four lane parkway with three kids in the car.  We had to walk very far to a pay phone to get somebody to pick us up.  Plus many other hardships.  Then my kids wonder why I’m nuts now.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I liked Ramona’s little jewelry box like clutch!

And I loved Sonja’s precious stones necklace when wearing the sexy black dress the night they all went out.  Her black pumps were pretty also.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

That was probably the only funny moment on this episode. Likely no one would have noticed or cared. They would have just gone shopping.

For all the chatter about Carole's supposed coldness, LuAnn's response to Bethenny's hysterics in the ice box honestly didn't seem all that far from Carole's (or many of the other women's). In the face of Bethenny freaking out, LuAnn suggested they go shopping anyway (because, really, who can deal with that?). When Bethenny finally joined them at lunch after shopping, LuAnn couldn't have looked any less interested in Bethenny's acting out once more. 

They, with the exception of Sonja who wanted to play runteldat, were over Bethenny's theatrics. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

For all the chatter about Carole's supposed coldness, LuAnn's response to Bethenny's hysterics in the ice box honestly didn't seem all that far from Carole's (or many of the other women's). In the face of Bethenny freaking out, LuAnn suggested they go shopping anyway (because, really, who can deal with that?). When Bethenny finally joined them at lunch after shopping, LuAnn couldn't have looked any less interested in Bethenny's acting out once more. 

They, with the exception of Sonja who wanted to play runteldat, were over Bethenny's theatrics. 

Oh, you just reminded me of the one other funny moment, Bethenny in the freezer, draping herself over bags of ice. LOL!

Who does that? I loved the looks of the woman who was working in the kitchen. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, film noire said:

"I have a mugshot, too!" is the best quote of the season, imo --  it perfectly sums up this insane sideshow. (Tinsley also handled Bethenny like a pro: she listened, engaged, and then moved on.  With Carole gone, she will absolutely be Frankel's new target -- we saw the beginning of that last night, when she attacked Tinsley for daring to swivel her eyes in Carole's direction without express permission from Queen WannaB.)

Yeah but I live for this stuff.  She says what most of us would only think about and shrug off.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

. Carole finally figured out that most of the shit Carole mouthpieced for Bethenny about her ex wasn't true.  

When did that happen?   I don't remember hearing Carole say any such thing.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

A year? That's nothing. I've almost never deleted texts unless they were super weird or creepy. Depending on the phone, I have texts from up to 10 years ago.

I'm with you. I can probably count on one hand the texts I have deleted. They come in handy for addresses, dates, or just keeping some friends honest. Thank heavens for iPhones. 

• Love 7

My armchair analysis opinion is that Dorinda is terribly unhappy and realizes that she may have a problem with booze. Everyone was supportive and caring about Luann’s situation and even though  Dorinda cares for Lu, she is resentful that she  can’t get herself together. Like a drowning man, Dorinda is pulling down those closest to her. I actually feel bad for Dorinda. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Oh, you just reminded me of the one other funny moment, Bethenny in the freezer, draping herself over bags of ice. LOL!

Who does that? I loved the looks of the woman who was working in the kitchen. 

Well, in the absence of a fainting couch, I suppose stacks of bagged ice in a freezer will do. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

When did that happen?   I don't remember hearing Carole say any such thing.

On the ski trip last year and following....she read the press article aloud when he got arrested and added commentary about what she knew courtesy of her friendship with Bethenny. Bethenny had a gag order on. Carole didn't so Carole put it on RHONY for her. 

Now she is distancing herself from B, says she has nothing to worry about and thrives on drama and conflict in her relationships.  

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

On the ski trip last year and following....she read the press article aloud when he got arrested and added commentary about what she knew courtesy of her friendship with Bethenny. Bethenny had a gag order on. Carole didn't so Carole put it on RHONY for her. 

Now she is distancing herself from B, says she has nothing to worry about and thrives on drama and conflict in her relationships.  

Thanks I don't remember that - does this mean their friendship started to erode last year?

9 hours ago, AnnA said:

Ha Ha. Apparently I'm certifiable.  LOL

My kids always poke fun at my texting habits. Now I know why.

I also text in full sentences complete with punctuation.

I don't reply to my kids unless its in full sentences with punctuation.  If they try and slide it past me, I reply "I'm not a teen, I'm your parent, try again"  LOL.  

• Love 7

I read a juicy rumor that in addition to her feud with Bethenny, Carole is leaving the show to explore other interests in life ( such as dating women), and wanted more privacy to do so. Not sure if it has any truth to it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she is bisexual. 

(edited)
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Honestly I just don't delete anything thats a text message unless the phone makes me because... why bother?

Undeleted textseses -tm Teresa guidice take up TONS of memory/storage and is not great for your phone. If u go to your settings and look at your text usage, you will be amazed at how many gigs undeleted texts take up. Especially if they attach pics and vids. It got to a point of me being unable to take photos/download podcasts, open some apps etc. 

that being said, I have some loo-loo texts from a few years back that are just too delicious to give up!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I read a juicy rumor that in addition to her feud with Bethenny, Carole is leaving the show to explore other interests in life ( such as dating women), and wanted more privacy to do so. Not sure if it has any truth to it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she is bisexual. 

please - living a bohemian lifestyle shouldn't  be so difficult, Carole is exhausting.  

35 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Undeleted textseses -tm Teresa guidice take up TONS of memory/storage and is not great for your phone. If u go to your settings and look at your text usage, you will be amazed at how many gigs undeleted texts take up. Especially if they attach pics and vids. It got to a point of me being unable to take photos/download podcasts, open some apps etc. 

they take up crazy amounts of storage, I keep mine for 30 days, screen shot what I need, send it up to the cloud and deleted the rest.  I like the newer Apple feature in Storage, where it takes you right to the text attachments and lets you mass delete.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
because forgetting "n't" is a big deal.
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Luann’s apparently forgiven B for the unrelenting verbal abuse in the Berserkshires, but who could forget that? I’d find it pretty easy to shrug it off if my former abuser were in ridiculous distress. Ice? Seriously? (Haven’t watched yet. Waiting for trashtalktv’s recap first! :-)

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I wonder where Carol got that idea? It couldn't possibly be her L.A. bestie Cassandra Grey?! Carol will do ANYTHING to be considered interesting.

When Bethenny says she doesn't recognize Carol, I believe her. It's because Carol assumes the personality of whomever strikes her fancy at that particular moment.

• Love 13
(edited)
34 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

please - living a bohemian lifestyle should be so difficult, Carole is exhausting.  

Preach! I would never try to be her friend.  

I’m used to alkies, so I could accept Dorinda.  I think I’d also mesh pretty well with Heather and Jules. The rest? Nah. But especially not Carole. Nothing adds up there. And I’ll stop before this belongs on the C thread. 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

I watch everything with CC because I don't like to miss a word and I still had to watch twice...I will go for a third time because someone mentioned Tinsley and Sonja kissing, totally missed that and wonder what else I missed. ;p 

Ha!  Yeah I remember Tins and Sonja being silly and kissing--I believe Ramona was taking a pic of it too, silly fun girl stuff.  All 3 of them really came out looking the best in this episode.  I think they were just trying to make the best of an uncomfortable situation. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Lakewood27 said:
50 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I wonder where Carol got that idea? It couldn't possibly be her L.A. bestie Cassandra Grey?! Carol will do ANYTHING to be considered interesting.

One guess is also January Jones.  But in wither case look for her to be seen out and about in LA.  I’m guessing it’s her friends whose husband died.  Was that Cassandra?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, missy jo said:

BTW, Dorinda was wearing the same earrings as Sonja, except in black, so Carole may have gifted them both. 

Bethenny also wore a similar pair in her TH.  They were red.  That said, none of the earrings - Sonja's, Dorinda's nor Bethenny's were the same.  Only in drop style but otherwise completely different.

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don't reply to my kids unless its in full sentences with punctuation.  If they try and slide it past me, I reply "I'm not a teen, I'm your parent, try again"  LOL.  

LOL.  Me, too.  With the exception of that one time when my, then, 14-year-old son called me "Dude" in a text.

My response:  "Not ur dude."

• Love 6
5 hours ago, lampwick said:

I recently resolved a business dispute by providing texts from 5 years ago, so yeah, they’re important when they’re from contractors for instance.  The silly ones from friends, no, those aren’t necessary to keep and my friends know that I do not respond to texts and don’t clog up my phone with nonsense - yeah, I’m a bowl of fun.  I hate texting and even switch over to my landline for phonecalls, but texting has become the new email and it seems no one checks voicemails anymore either.  I just looked, and I used my cell phone for roughly 20 minutes last month.  I want to get rid of that albatross.  Remember when the phone rang and you wouldn’t know who is calling?  Or you left the house without a map?  Exciting times back 

I still have my landline too. Even have my grandmother's  old rortary phones from the 40s. Hubby is cell phone only and wants to pull the land line. Nope not going to happen.

• Love 5
On 7/26/2018 at 12:03 PM, AnnA said:

Carole hates LuAnn

I was a little surprised that Carol admitted she can't stand to be around someone who is crying. 

Who does that?   What a cold bitch she is!

I got the impression that she thinks Beth is crocodile tear-ing.  That she's being a bully and then reverts to tears when people aren't groveling to her.  And that's what it looks like to me when I watch the show -- seems to be a pattern over the last couple of years.  Bully, slut shame, then cry about her horrific divorce and busy lifestyle when the crew seems to be losing their patience with her.

If I was around someone like that, I'd be a cold bitch too and steer clear.  It's hard to be a good friend to someone who isn't a good friend to you.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, rhys said:

Devil's advocate here....I've never deleted a text. Frankly, I can't see C doing so. That would get rid of the evidence! Ha.

me too...sometimes they have addresses, phone numbers, or sometimes mister will ask me "what did we do on X day" and i can just look it up!

• Love 1
On 7/25/2018 at 10:49 PM, ichbin said:

For sure Dorinda was feeling her drinks, but Luann started that fracas.  Prior to that the ladies down that end of the table were just drinking and chatting.  

Luann:  How are the margaritas.

Dorinda:  What?  (Not aggressively.  It appeared she simply hadn't properly heard what had been said)

L:  She's startin.

D:  No, I'm not starting. Don't say that. You should start.

L:  Dorinda, you start turning.  (Here it sounded like Dorinda was denying it.)

L:  You start turning. Yes you do.  Lookit.  You're getting aggressive right now.

Then it escalated.

As for everything else that went on, all I can say is that the perimenopause and menopause phases can make for a rough time.   Out of the entire bunch, the only two  who probably aren't going through one or the other are Tinsley and Ramona.

I think this is pretty close, but as I recall it, after "How are the margaritas"  Dorinda told someone to "just leave them alone" (meaning Beth and Carole, about their arguing) and flung her arm that direction.  And that is what prompted the "What?" and "She's starting".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

and they look horrible!

such a weird space between them.

Her body is so banging with the exception of that horrible boob job. You'd think with her money, she'd get those things fixed.  Maybe she thinks they look good?

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Her body is so banging with the exception of that horrible boob job. You'd think with her money, she'd get those things fixed.  Maybe she thinks they look good?

She must have had them redone at some point but here’s the thing.  To all the 20 somethings thinking a boob job is a great idea.  It is very very awful to make them smaller.  If you drop 2-4 sizes they are suddenly wrong.  Witness Bethenny and Jolee and Wendy.  And making them right is not always possible.  I have ‘wide set’ boobs.  If I had implants I would look like B and you can’t make it better.  You can make it smaller which makes it less noticeable.  And every 10-15 years you are supposed to have silicon redone.  So think hard about fake tits.  I think that like tattoos they just don’t age well.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 9

During Bethenny’s meltdown I kept wishing someone would yell “ Go To Sleep” , aka Crazy Island Kelly style. 

Anyone that literally loses it like Bethenny did has some major issues. Her behavior speaks volumes. 

Tinsley is growing on me- her sense of humor about her past is great. ( my Aunt met Tinsley and Scott at a restaurant in Chicago a few days ago and she said they were super friendly and nice. Tinsley even called my Aunt’s daughter on the phone because she found out she is a fan ?) 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

During Bethenny’s meltdown I kept wishing someone would yell “ Go To Sleep” , aka Crazy Island Kelly style. 

Anyone that literally loses it like Bethenny did has some major issues. Her behavior speaks volumes. 

Tinsley is growing on me- her sense of humor about her past is great. ( my Aunt met Tinsley and Scott at a restaurant in Chicago a few days ago and she said they were super friendly and nice. Tinsley even called my Aunt’s daughter on the phone because she found out she is a fan ?) 

what restaurant?   

3 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Agreed!  I was thinking sheesh, Beth has morphed into Kelly on that vacation, only more coherent.  

And aw, Tinsley is sweet.  

• Love 6