Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

On 7/25/2018 at 9:45 PM, LilaFowler said:

Why is Carole wearing couch tassels for earrings?

They're nipple pasties. Carole had to re-purpose them since Adam dumped her

On 7/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, Thumper said:

I LOVED "The Californians" -- just for the weird expressions and voices!!!! 

Please enjoy...

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I bet it's coke fueled.

I can see that too - she gets very paranoid. You don't even have to say anything when she's like that - how she perceives you look at her could send her off the deep end

• Love 6

When Carole and Dorinda were smoking I noticed that their haircuts were pretty cute - Carole’s hair was nice in her THs too.

On a more serious note, it’s good that Carole is so aware of the gaslighting and control-by-crying - and recognizes it as abusive. Also good that she commented on the over-drinking and how it leads to trouble. Very clear why she’s moving on.

• Love 14
On 7/25/2018 at 9:53 PM, LilaFowler said:

When/if Tinsley ever has a kid, nannies will be hired to care for the child 24/7. I will bet money on it.

I don't think Tinsley really wants children, but I agree the only way she'll have one is if it comes with a nanny 24/7 + a surrogate to carry it to term. I don't see Tinsley stopping drinking for 9 months.

• Love 10
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Tinsley really wants children, but I agree the only way she'll have one is if it comes with a nanny 24/7 + a surrogate to carry it to term. I don't see Tinsley stopping drinking for 9 months.

Really. She might be the most pampered person on any of these shows.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, nexxie said:

Really. She might be the most pampered person on any of these shows.

There have been many times on this show Tinsley has said in a whiny voice..."it's so not fair!!!!!"

I can picture this behavior from when she was young with the sibling rivalry with Dabney. I totally see her saying this to Dale, even to this day.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

There have been many times on this show Tinsley has said in a whiny voice..."it's so not fair!!!!!"

I can picture this behavior from when she was young with the sibling rivalry with Dabney. I totally see her saying this to Dale, even to this day.

Maybe Dabney could take Carole’s place.

Tinsley-Mortimer-Dabney-Mercer-at-LAVO-5

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
On 7/25/2018 at 9:56 PM, whydoievencare said:

You need to have Closed Captioning on when drunk Dorinda is on the screen.

I think the HW's should ask for a spit guard like they have at the salad bar when filming with Dorinda and alcohol and Jesus help them when food is added to the mix.

• Love 6
On 7/25/2018 at 10:11 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

There is so much going on we haven't even talked about the camel toe/toilet paper conversation!

Sonja is lucky she's beautiful, because she is nasty.

Skankja with a nasty J?

She thought about using a nipple cover after the toilet paper suggestion. Then I had  horrifying thought - can you imagine that and then the damn thing falling on the floor - I would die!

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Skankja with a nasty J?

She thought about using a nipple cover after the toilet paper suggestion. Then I had  horrifying thought - can you imagine that and then the damn thing falling on the floor - I would die!

I thought Sonja looked fantastic in that pink ensemble....

That being said, when she said they were her daughter's shorts and she'd put them back and her daughter would never know she borrowed them?

My mind screamed NO THOSE HAVE BEEN AGAINST YOUR RANCID LADY PARTS, BURNNNNNN THEMMMMMM!!!!!!  

• Love 9

Yes, Dorinda, at some point you get what you give. I suspect you'll have to eat those words in the future.  (Disclaimer: Of all the HoWives in the franchise, I dislike Dorinda the most.) Dorinda is a mean drunk. I've seen mean alcoholics up close and personal. I know what they look and sound like. She fits the bill. She needs to get help before she hurts herself or someone else.

Carole, I kinda like you, but that crack about not crying if you're over six . . . Honey, we've all seen you cry, so get off that tall pony before you get thrown.  And if you go to Sonja to ask for advice, the least you could do is not talk over her while she's trying to tell you something.

Sonja just likes stirring up other people.

Bethenny, I've had to leave groups a few times because I was ill, either physically or emotionally. I haven't made "all the drama of an exit" about it, either. I've just quietly said, "Y'all, I have to go home because I'm too ill to be here. I'll catch y'all later." No one made big drama out of it. If you really wanted to go -- and production would allow it -- you could have done so. Bethenny doesn't know how to do the give and take that relationships need.

Tinsley - I truly think she has so little foundation to her personality that she needs her glam squad for the validation. It's pitiful. And contemptible. She is the personification of "there's no there there."  And just wait for it, dearie, Drunk Dorinda will jump on you, too. Then you can eat your comments about how Luann "jumped on Dorinda" and how that wasn't "cool."

Luann, you are an ex-countess with a mug shot. On the other hand, I think Lu was reacting to the tone of voice rather than the actual words. I'm sorry Lu relapsed and is in rehab again.

I guess we'll see The Boat Trip From Hell next week.

• Love 5

I don't think I've ever watched a feud on one of these shows where I disliked each person so much. It's impossible for me to pick who I think is more in the right. I just always knew from the time Bethenny and Carole's friendship started this would be the inevitable end. Bethenny is as erratic as Carole is cold. They're like oil and water personality wise, and while that allowed them to provide what the other was lacking for a time it's also really draining and the imbalance comes to a head eventually. I don't see much common ground. I actually think the only likeness is that they both see themselves as the alpha that were battling for dominance in this "friendship" the whole time. Battling to be the coolest housewife. The most enlightened. The most intelligent. Real friendships don't consist of that kind of dance. They're based on mutual respect and compassion. When B said, "I don't think you really like me." I believe that's 100% true, and Carole has basically said as much in the TH's and to other cast members but refuses to cop to that with Bethenny. And I don't think Bethenny really likes Carole either but she's such an emotional roller coaster and so caught up in another friendship ending she can't see it. Each of them bringing up things the other one has done, or past friendships/relationships as evidence of their falling out, proves to me how superficial the friendship was. Its not even about what happened in the friendship itself. It just fell apart because they don't like each other and don't get along. Simple as that. Probably spurred on by other previously steady situations and relationships in their lives going into turmoil. Cut your losses and move on, which it looks like that's what happened. 

It's really sad and uncomfortable watching Dorinda. It feels more like an episode of intervention than RHW when she's on. She's just a total mess. She needs help. That's all I got. 

I loved Sonja's pink outfit and she looked great in it, the little shit stirrer. Such a minor moment but I liked that she wore the earrings Carole gave her. No worries about it not being perfect with the outfit, even though they went great, she just put them on. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

'm sincerely not trying to be a dick. I see that Carole lost those polls, but I love math and am an attorney. This argument just jumped out at me. If you want to make the point that the audience dislikes Carole, the polls are your best bet and even they have HUGE sampling biases.

Ha1  Ambulance chaser!  :)  I think celebrity guests are part of the "audience."  And I believe they are Carole's peers.  Does that make sense?  I would never know Carole in real life but NYC celebs would.  Heck, even my daughter attending NYU went past a filming.  Polls are, as you say, meh.  Celebs are different.  They voted for B.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I loved Sonja's pink outfit and she looked great in it, the little shit stirrer. Such a minor moment but I liked that she wore the earrings Carole gave her. No worries about it not being perfect with the outfit, even though they went great, she just put them on. 

Because Sonja right away used the earrings as a way to bring up the Carole talk with B, I wondered if they were actually a producer’s prop.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Because Sonja right away used the earrings as a way to bring up the Carole talk with B, I wondered if they were actually a producer’s prop.

She did? I didn't hear her bring them up to B, I must've missed it. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Maybe Dabney could take Carole’s place.

I actually wondered during that phone call if it was a way of introducing Dabney for appearances in future episodes. 

I'm also wondering if there will be any more slots to fill next season.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

I actually wondered during that phone call if it was a way of introducing Dabney for appearances in future episodes. 

I'm also wondering if there will be any more slots to fill next season.  

Bet Jill Zarin has that phone attached to her body.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

Dorinda will find you one, & don't forget to say thank you several times...

Just make sure Richard isn’t inhabiting it before you take it from her.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

She did? I didn't hear her bring them up to B, I must've missed it. 

Yes, at the table right after she got the earrings - I think B mentioned the earrings and Sonja said Carole gave them to her, sort of insinuating it was an excuse to speak with her about B.

I’ll be B was told to ask Sonja about them.

8 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Yes, at the table right after she got the earrings - I think B mentioned the earrings and Sonja said Carole gave them to her, sort of insinuating it was an excuse to speak with her about B.

I’ll be B was told to ask Sonja about them.

If I recall correctly (and, again, there's every chance I'm not), Sonja pointed out the earrings to Bethenny and asked her to guess who had given them to her.  

Now, what I find odd about this is Carole told Sonja she bought a pair for each of the women, evidenced by Dorinda wearing the black version at dinner and Bethenny the red version in her talking heads this episode.

So, at some point Carole *had* to have given Bethenny the earrings and she should have known where Sonja's had come from.

Christ on a cracker, I'm overthinking this show way too much but little things like that just bug the hell out of me.  

In any event, the earrings were really cute in all 3 colors shown.

• Love 7
On 7/25/2018 at 10:27 PM, Gem 10 said:

So Dorinda has lipstick all over her face, slurring her words, still drinking and lites up a cigarette.  Maybe she’ll set herself on fire now too.

I can see this happening if Dorinda decides to drink cognac.

She'll Flambe her lips right off

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I read a juicy rumor that in addition to her feud with Bethenny, Carole is leaving the show to explore other interests in life ( such as dating women), and wanted more privacy to do so. Not sure if it has any truth to it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she is bisexual. 

Well, once in her thinking head, she did say “ I’d do her, haha”.  I was thinking, maybe she would.  I don’t remember who she was referring to.

9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Her body is so banging with the exception of that horrible boob job. You'd think with her money, she'd get those things fixed.  Maybe she thinks they look good?

They look gross.  I would hide them if I were her.  Two cantaloupes on a skinny body.  Not a good look, and they look hard as rocks.

• Love 5
On 7/25/2018 at 10:47 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I'm no fan of Bethany's but this episode I was more irritated by Carole.

Watching her approach both Bethenny and Sonja to figure out what happened to her relationship with Bethenny only to deny everything they thought or felt about it was working my last nerve. 

Clearly Carole has an opinion on what went down.  So why doesn't she approach it directly?

Because Carole is trying to force the narrative of herself being gaslighted and the victim.

Carole it's unnerving for Bethenny to be crying.

On Bethenny's return to the show - all she did was cry that season.  Carole is the one who pursued a friendship with Bethenny - knowing that there was already friction between her BFF Heather and Bethenny. It started with the I had a wet dream about you speech to Bethenny.

Carole suddenly pretending she never witnessed Bethenny crying and having breakdowns is ridiculous.

Carole the person who's been saying Sonja is nasty nice and she doesn't want anything to do with her didn't approach Sonja to get clarity. She wanted to see if Sonja would spill and if she was open to being turned.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, AnnA said:

I  don't remember all the details.  They're  probably in the divorce thread.   I do remember Carole telling tales of Jason being a jackass.  When he had Bryn, Bethenny would be given an exact time to call her to say goodnight but he wouldn't answer the phone.   

Well, now somebody said what Carole was saying about Jason might not be true.  She was Bethennys mouth piece since Beth had the gag order.  Of course Carole was siding with Bethenny as they were friends, supposidely.  I still would love to hear Jason’s side.  Does anyone know?   A book would be good, but he wouldn’t do that to Bryn .. I don’t think.

• Love 2
On 7/25/2018 at 10:53 PM, RedDelicious said:

But seriously though, what was the crash and the scream?

The crash was Dorinda breaking a glass - it might have fell on the floor.

The scream was Ramona - she jumped back from the spillage

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Bet Jill Zarin has that phone attached to her body.

I think if Jill could have brought Lindsay Lohan along as a friend or occasional guest, they would have given Jill an automatic contract to return as a full housewife. Lindsay is a family friend.

• Love 2

Lindsay may now be open to that, considering her own upcoming venture into reality tv.  Hell, it might even be good for her image.  She should be able to come out looking sane and reasonable, among this group!

• Love 3
(edited)

The discussion of B’s chest is interesting because I think they look way better than they used to. Remember the scene of her and Jill in the pool? They looked hard as rocks then, but not so much now, it seems she had them redone. They looked saggy when she was buck naked in the Berkshires. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I noticed that, too.  I thought perhaps she wears some type of upper plate and she had "lost" it or taken it out during her drunken state and forgot to pop it back in for the cameras.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

I just went back and rewatched the scene with Dorinda, Carole and Bethenny. I watched her mouth teeth very closely. As soon as Bethenny wiped all the lipstick away, her teeth looked completely normal- and white. I think she had lipstick on them as well. 

• Love 1

@yourmomiseasy and @Persnickety1, thanks for the car info!

my car before Fallible Ford was a Honda and I never had a day’s problem til some ahole mechanic failed to replace the oil cap and ahole me didn’t check to see what the smell was from. It ran right up til I visited the ford dealer at a friend’s behest. If I can find the right Honda, yay! If not, Kia does look good. 

On topic (of all things!), I can imagine Tinsley getting downright down & dirty if pushed enough. One doesn’t thrive in the world of privilege and wealth when one is passive. 

And Scott paying for the hotel & the glam squad doesn’t necessarily mean that Tinsley’s on the bubble financially.  Bette Midler once forgot a jar of mayo on the conveyor belt as she checked out at the grocery store. The customer behind her gallantly had the cashier ring it up with his order and handed it to Bette, who wisecracked, “and this is how the rich stay rich!”

There’s truth in that.  A surprising number of electric-utility service cutoffs around me are against the dedicated services to swimming pools owned by very wealthy customers who feel entitled and will push the boundaries just because they think they can. Stories are endless about the rich ripping each other off and hoarding their own wealth while living it up  on the next guy’s dollar. Tinsley is not “a demure Southern girl” enough to protest if Scott wants to funnel tens of thousands toward her comfort. 

In that, she’s got the potential to be one of the more interesting HWs. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:
14 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

life ( such as dating women), and wanted more privacy to do so. Not sure if it has any truth to it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she is bisexual. 

Well, once in her thinking head, she did say “ I’d do her, haha”.  I was thinking, maybe she would.  I don’t remember who she was referring to.

These comments jogged my memory of the 1st time (I think it was the 1st time) the ladies stayed at Dorinda's  Berkshires house and Bethenny & Carol were having some lighthearted convo in the bedroom wherein it came up something about sex with another woman.  Bethenny said she never had sex with a woman and doesn't think she would.  But Carol was like, Really?  Oh you should try it.  From what I recalled, B got a surprised look on her face, and I think she asked Carol if she has.  It's kind of fuzzy in my memory, but I think she said she "has gone down" on a woman.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if Carol does get with a woman and is bisexual.  But I don't see why she would leave the show if she is.  ?

• Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, DelicateDee said:

These comments jogged my memory of the 1st time (I think it was the 1st time) the ladies stayed at Dorinda's  Berkshires house and Bethenny & Carol were having some lighthearted convo in the bedroom wherein it came up something about sex with another woman.  Bethenny said she never had sex with a woman and doesn't think she would.  But Carol was like, Really?  Oh you should try it.  From what I recalled, B got a surprised look on her face, and I think she asked Carol if she has.  It's kind of fuzzy in my memory, but I think she said she "has gone down" on a woman.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if Carol does get with a woman and is bisexual.  But I don't see why she would leave the show if she is.  ?

It may well be that she is bisexual. I can't see anyone having a problem with that enough to cause her to leave the show. This is 2018. 

I think that she is leaving because in her own words:

"My original curiosity about reality television has waned over the years," she said, before offering some sass viewers have come to expect, "I am focusing on TV and writing projects that better suit my more steady temperament ... I have worked with amazing producers, made great friends, and I’m thrilled to leave frenemies behind. I will remember this entire experience with delight, humor, and a veracious accuracy."

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Carole left the show because of Bethenny.  She was uncomfortable filming with her.  She’s gonna start making coffee again .. maybe with a woman.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I thought Sonja looked fantastic in that pink ensemble....

That being said, when she said they were her daughter's shorts and she'd put them back and her daughter would never know she borrowed them?

My mind screamed NO THOSE HAVE BEEN AGAINST YOUR RANCID LADY PARTS, BURNNNNNN THEMMMMMM!!!!!!  

Haha, now she’s wearing her daughters clothes.  Next, she’ll be taking her boyfriends.

• Love 1
(edited)

O.k. Here I go again.  Everybody knows I love Bethenny, even now.  I don’t know Jason, only what we hear from her, and her version.  He felt used and discarded after giving her a baby.  He tried to incorporate her into his family, by the way who looked lovely.  What’s wrong with taking a ride to Hazelton, Pa. say once a month and relaxing and having some home cooked meals?  She tired of them because they were “ Hicks” and not hep.  Jason was proud of his parents and gave them time, especially since they lost the other son.  She was too busy and wanted no part of it.  After helping her with all of her endeavors, they divorced.  He wanted a strong bond with their daughter.  She wants Bryn to herself and is now fighting her ass off to get her.  I don’t blame him for staying in the first apartment, being nasty and not giving in to her demands.  He has her number and won’t give in to her.  Maybe this is the first time anyone has given her a hard time.  She is not easy to deal with.  Did Dennis see this?  I still love her on t.v., but in this sinario im team Jason from what I see now and before.  He’s retaliating in every way, and I don’t blame him.  What’s wrong with 50/50 custody?  The kid is 8 yrs old already.  Ten more years and that’s it.  Beth is not home half the time anyway.  If she just left things alone, that would eliminate most of her stress.  No?  IMO.  The End.  Lol. Broken record.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 8

Dorinda thinks that just because she doesn't have a drunken mugshot after a ride in a cop uber, that she's somehow not as much of a drunk as lu. That she's somehow better than Lu. That's why she got so offended. She's delusional as well as vicious. Bad combo and won't end well for her.

• Love 9
On 7/26/2018 at 10:35 PM, AnnA said:

Yes.......unless she erased them.   I don't save my texts for more than a day or so and wonder why they would save them for months.

Because they're on a reality show. :) Need to save them for at least the reunion.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Carole left the show because of Bethenny.

You can't know that for sure.    It's your opinion.

i don't care why she's leaving.  I just know that I won't miss  her.  

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k. Here I go again.  Everybody knows I love Bethenny, even now.  I don’t know Jason, only what we hear from her, and her version.  He felt used and discarded after giving her a baby.   I don’t blame him for staying in the first apartment, being nasty and not giving in to her demands.  

You don't know how he felt.   Did you watch Bethenny Ever After?  

Jason refusing to leave that apartment made him a total asshole IMO.  Getting it back from him was bittersweet so I'm glad she sold it. 

ETA:   They filmed some of the Bethenny phone calls to Bryn her first season back.   She lived in fear of being a minute late and wasn't always able to get through.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Carole is ride or die over friendships that aren't toxic. I've noted it a few times in discussions over the past few episodes, but Carole maintains long friendships, which tells me that she is ride or die. Having expectations, however, that someone should be ride or die in the face of a toxic friendship or relationship is doing entirely too much. Asking someone to remain friends with a person who sucks the energy out of the room, a person who is overly needy to the point that all they do is use you as a shoulder to cry on without offering the same when you need their shoulder is unfair.

It was quite telling that Bethenny understood Sonja's runteldat of "Carole says you're a taker" (i.e., you emotionally take from your friends without returning the same energy) as something materialistic. Her immediate response was about (supposedly) spending gobs and gobs of money on Carole.

Bethenny really strikes me as the type who swears she thrives in high stress situations--"I'm Type A, I get things done, lay it one me!"--when really all evidence points to the opposite. She crumples under the pressure, or at least she plays like she does on TV.

Agree!

• Love 1

I do not want to watch Jill. I just don't. I honestly cannot understand why people want her back. She is so grasping and desperate to be famous, to be "the" favorite, and I don't think anything she'll show will be authentic. 

• Love 7

Carole is ride or die over friendships that aren't toxic.

In fairness, Carole said she was ride or die over friendships and did not at any point add the "except when I decide it is a toxic relationship" exception. She was *ride or die* and was very insistent on that point.  Now, I am not saying that Carole should force herself to stay in a friendship she's no longer feeling, but at the same time, I think she'd be pretty dismissive and snarky to any of her friends who said "I'm ride or die about our friendship, Carole! Unless, you know, at some point I decide you're toxic. Until then tho? Ride or die? I am ride or die for you! Until you're toxic and then I'm dropping you like a stone cold bitch and you need to accept you were the one at fault. But RIDE OR DIE MY FRIEND!"

In other words, I think Carole expects to be treated better by her friends than she is willing to treat them. She seems to expect a loyalty that she's not willing to give in return. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying she needs to be Bethenny's bestie forever, if things fall apart, they fall apart but this friendship didn't fall apart because Carole is Bethenny's much put upon victim in a toxic relationship. 

• Love 7