Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

Hee! I went to see that movie with my dad!

Since it doesn't seem like the type of movie that would appeal to my dad, I assume I wanted to see it and he took me. (My mom had my younger siblings to tend to at home.)

I am sure my dad was cringing throughout and hoping that I was too young to notice (or inquire about) what was going on during that dinner scene. LOL!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Carole was also in California spending time with Cassandra over the summer. She was also spending time with other friends over the summer. This is all verifiable in Carole's IG, just as her marathon training is.

Her friend's husband died, and Carole took much of her summer to be with her to comfort her.

Your quote ^^ , I interpreted much of her summer be with her to comfort her as at least a month.

To which I say Carole was in NY training for the marathon. Her posts during her training only mentioned a 2 week break. My thought is 2 weeks does not equal much of the summer.

Her friends husband died May 14th, Carole participated in an article on June 29th. She speaks about her gym and her trainers. She doesn't mention her poor friend. If Carole was also spending time with other friends in California then she wasn't spending her 2 weeks comforting her friend. She also waited 2 months so she didn't rush off to California to take care of her friend,

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Her friend's husband died, and Carole took much of her summer to be with her to comfort her.

Your quote ^^ , I interpreted much of her summer be with her to comfort her as at least a month.

To which I say Carole was in NY training for the marathon. Her posts during her training only mentioned a 2 week break. My thought is 2 weeks does not equal much of the summer.

Her friends husband died May 14th, Carole participated in an article on June 29th. She speaks about her gym and her trainers. She doesn't mention her poor friend. If Carole was also spending time with other friends in California then she wasn't spending her 2 weeks comforting her friend. She also waited 2 months so she didn't rush off to California to take care of her friend,

And the larger point I was making was to refute your “she’s not a good friend to her women friends” statement. That claim is still patently false. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, NYCFree said:

RSG had to be told to get away from Ramona as well. He was trying to play it off as “I’m too cool to know how to do this speed dating thing.” Somewhere in his interview that’s been quoted before, he says he met Rory and liked her business concept so agreed to do the event, not like he’s been her friend for a long while.

RedBarfGuy is mighty interested in camera time.

How hot and heavy is he going to go over Carole now that she's no longer a RHONY HW?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

And the larger point I was making was to refute your “she’s not a good friend to her women friends” statement. That claim is still patently false. 

That's your opinion, my opinion is that she is only loyal and ride or die for a man.

She certainly wasn't ride or die or loyal to Heather or Kristen.

She certainly hasn't been loyal to her BFF Caroline Bissette by appearing on 2 psychic shows so she could talk about her and cash in.

Maybe she'll show loyalty to Cassandra by making her next appearance on LI Medium so she can bring up Brad

• Love 5

At the end of the day, Red Scarf Guy is single as opposed to “Is he or is he not still married?” Dennis.

*Imagine* if Carole had ever found herself in with a Dennis. Woooo! 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Would Jill's return be a ratings bonanza? Bethenny's return barely improved the ratings. She maybe brought 200,000 eyes to the show. A lot of viewers who loved the Bethenny/Jill dynamic and the collapse of their friendship have moved on. There are a decent number of viewers now who have never seen the Jill seasons. A bunch of the other shows have brought back previous housewives to see no bump in the ratings. RHoNJ brought back Jacqueline and Danielle Staub, but it didn't improve the ratings. RHoOC brought back Lydia; it did nothing. RHoA brought back Wig and that was a big old fail. The reality is that these shows are slowly dying. Bringing Jill back might bump the ratings up a little, but they'll drop back to where they are now by the end of the season.

I totally agree with everything you said.  I, too, think it might boost ratings for the first handful of episodes, former viewers or new viewers who are aware of the mess she created when she was on the show previously, but then drop back down again kind of like it did with Bethenny's return.  

I don't think it will do much to the ratings, but I'm pretty sure Andy/Bravo does.  I sometimes wonder about Andy's skewed perception of what the audience really wants.

I don't know why they thought Lydia would be a ratings booster.  She only came back to shill that new magazine and try her hand at some "innocent" shit stirring.  And I can't even look at The Wig without grimacing.  Ugh.  She looks like an animated blow up sex doll, like she could star in a sequel to Lars and the Single Girl or Love Object.  Ew.  

I'm waiting any time for Andy/Bravo to trot the godawful Gretchen and Slade back into the OC franchise.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Nah, they engaged with her, she wouldn't sit the hell down and get involved with the conversation and then ran to the bathroom all offended. 

Nope. Not how I remembered it. They did eventually, but it didn't start out that way.

• Love 2
On 7/26/2018 at 11:30 PM, AnnA said:

I  don't remember all the details.  They're  probably in the divorce thread.   I do remember Carole telling tales of Jason being a jackass.  When he had Bryn, Bethenny would be given an exact time to call her to say goodnight but he wouldn't answer the phone.   

There's also what Carole said - Carole stated when Bethenny would try to Facetime with Brynn - Jason turned the IPAD away so Bethenny couldn't see Brynn and Brynn couldn't see Bethenny - she said I saw it it was awful

• Love 5
On 7/27/2018 at 1:26 AM, AnnA said:

Ha Ha. Apparently I'm certifiable.  LOL

My kids always poke fun at my texting habits. Now I know why.

I also text in full sentences complete with punctuation.

On 7/27/2018 at 1:29 AM, Rap541 said:

YOU SICK MONSTER! NEXT YOU'LL BE SYMPATHETIC TO BETHENNY!!! >:O

Wait....

<sheepishly admits> Yeah I do that too....

On 7/27/2018 at 1:33 AM, AnnA said:

image.jpeg

On 7/27/2018 at 1:36 AM, Rap541 said:

<Imitates Ramona> I did it! AnnA knows I'm right! I SAID I WAS WRONG! Anyway, I really love wine! 

Just so you all know...Carole texted THX

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

There's also what Carole said - Carole stated when Bethenny would try to Facetime with Brynn - Jason turned the IPAD away so Bethenny couldn't see Brynn and Brynn couldn't see Bethenny - she said I saw it it was awful

Sorry but if their decree says that good night phone call must happen ( or if it doesn't and he allows it anyway )no way would I let that scheming loudmouth get one visual glimpse into my house cleaning, my location, condition of Bryns attire or hairdo on her dads time. What if Bryn was eating a hot dog or a non organic piece of fruit or had a post ice cream face?  What if Jason was at his gf apartment w Bryn? Bethenny would go running to her lawyer or mouth off about it on tv.  Fuck that. Jason is smart to not let her see ANYTHING on his time because she will run with it. Boundaries.  

Bethenny wanted this divorce she takes the consequences with it. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Geeez, whoever called him the next TomCat (was it Bethenny?) is right. Not only was he sniffing around Beth, Ramona and Carole, but he is posting about his appearance on Instagram. Eeewww. 

Plus.... Bethenny has said several times over the years that she is very mindful of men looking for fame. She thinks Jason fell into the “reaching for shiny things,” and has sited that as part of the reason for their break-up. She warns Dorinda about John’s desire to be on camera, and warns Lu about Tom for that behavior as well as his cheating. In BOTH cases, she acknowledges that these warnings come from her own experience with Jason. Further, when she started seeing Dennis, she talks about him (without using his name) and says, “he’s not on Twitter; nothing comes up on google about him and I like that about him.” So, BSG, when he starts showing that he is thirsty, becomes a non-starter for her. All this happens well after the texts in Miami. Further, as soon as he says he has interest in Carole, she says, “I’m going to stear clear.” She’s backing away. I think her problem with Carole about all this stems from B wanting C to acknowledge that she backed away, but Carole, instead, says: “well, he’s not interested in you.” Now it becomes an issue of who is right... another pointless, non-ending circular argument that BOTH B and C contribute to it’s continuation. 

Carole leaving the show, IMO, is a mix of things. I think she’s smart and intuitive to know that Bravo’s opinion of her had changed. I also think that Carole felt that she had nothing more to add to the show. Finally, IMO, Carole didn’t want to become part of the screeching piece of HW’s- ATL, OC as examples. I am SPECULATING that she saw that in her communication with B this season and decided to leave on her own terms. I’ve always liked Carole, and have been frustrated with her AND Bethenny this season. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, AnnA said:

That was him?    I thought so.  His hair was dark back then and yes.  What a hunk!

OMG!   I'm so old!    Didn't they make that movie 100 years ago?

Thank you.  It's nice to know I still have some functioning gray matter.

Remembering flashdance does not give away your age, but... your use of the word, “hunk,” on the other hand...

I’m just playing, Anna!  I’m also in my late 40’s, so we’re both here together. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Flashback Sunday...enjoy and Shut Up, I Love you, Shut Up

I'd forgotten Ramona engineered this thing. She does this sort of thing a lot. I double down on Ramona choosing not to tell Bethany about the fish in the soup.

Also, Rey is creepy AF. I don't find him amusing, instead I wonder how many woman skins he has hanging in his closet. Blech.

• Love 3

On the one year Anniversary of Brad Grey's death, May 14th 2018, Carole posted this on Twitter twice

Getting in touch with my inner Princess today...taking a spin around Central Park in the @DunkinDonuts royal carriage. Tasting their new Royal Love Donut #royallovedonut. #ad

31557185_218647258866753_777190107626078

What a loyal friend - guess Brad loved donuts

Her only other posts were a shout out to Terri DiFalco and retweeting a poll about Carole being liked

• Love 2
10 hours ago, NYCFree said:

RSG had to be told to get away from Ramona as well. He was trying to play it off as “I’m too cool to know how to do this speed dating thing.” Somewhere in his interview that’s been quoted before, he says he met Rory and liked her business concept so agreed to do the event, not like he’s been her friend for a long while.

He had to be told to move on from the CAMERAS.  Lol. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Hee! I went to see that movie with my dad!

Since it doesn't seem like the type of movie that would appeal to my dad, I assume I wanted to see it and he took me. (My mom had my younger siblings to tend to at home.)

I am sure my dad was cringing throughout and hoping that I was too young to notice (or inquire about) what was going on during that dinner scene. LOL!

Ha! Not as bad as when my busy, career driven single mom with no time for details, took me and my friends (a brother and sister) to see Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein in 3D. Back then, 1983ish, 3D was something special. I think she saw Frankenstein and 3D and missed the Andy Warhol part. Wasn’t she surprised when a woman’s bloody breast came flying at us! I remember the 3 of us ages 13 and 14 were desperately trying to keep the 3D glasses that my mom was desperately trying to remove from our faces. Lol @film noire- because I thought you might enjoy the story. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Her posts during her training only mentioned a 2 week break. My thought is 2 weeks does not equal much of the summer.

On IG she was in LA in June and August and Spain in July. She was training in those places (the posts of her training times were from LA.) so she most definitely was gone from NY  for more than 2 weeks.

The June 29th article is the day it was published and was a full article for Runners World so wasn’t published in real time.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Sorry but if their decree says that good night phone call must happen ( or if it doesn't and he allows it anyway )no way would I let that scheming loudmouth get one visual glimpse into my house cleaning, my location, condition of Bryns attire or hairdo on her dads time. What if Bryn was eating a hot dog or a non organic piece of fruit or had a post ice cream face?  What if Jason was at his gf apartment w Bryn? Bethenny would go running to her lawyer or mouth off about it on tv.  Fuck that. Jason is smart to not let her see ANYTHING on his time because she will run with it. Boundaries.  

Bethenny wanted this divorce she takes the consequences with it. 

It’s a total dick move to not allow his 7 year old daughter to see her mommy on FaceTime no matter what he’s trying to hide. 

Bethenny has certainly been “at fault” in a lot of these divorce fights, but not letting Bryn see her mother???? Come on, man. It makes me sick. For Bryn 

• Love 14
On 7/27/2018 at 1:24 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I respect your opinion. However, I think after several years, Carole observed again and again and again Beth amplifying EVERY thing that happens in her 10-foot radius. It’s exhausting. If I were Carole, I would be very tired.

While I agree that it would be exhausting - I call foul on Carole's part.

Bethenny was a thousand times worse when Carole first met her. She was crying all over the place. I remember a scene where they all met in some store - Kristen, Ramona, Carole, Heather, Dorinda, Luann, Sonya. It was winter time and Bethenny walked in wearing a Ushanka and had to be put in a chair in the back where she just cried. She got upset as soon as she walked in to Dorinda's house when Heather said you should have come earlier and my kids could have played with Bryn. She cried over a meatball.

Carole went ahead and pursued a friendship with Bethenny anyway. She became friends with Bethenny with her eyes wide open. Bethenny didn't suddenly start behaving this way. If Carole felt this behavior was toxic, negative, too much, manipulative and abusive - she should have distanced herself within the first 6 months - be cordial and civil on the show - no need to be any closer. Yet Carole CHOSE to be Bethenny's bestie for 3 years - during filming AND off season.

15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

On IG she was in LA in June and August and Spain in July. She was training in those places (the posts of her training times were from LA.) so she most definitely was gone from NY  for more than 2 weeks.

The June 29th article is the day it was published and was a full article for Runners World so wasn’t published in real time.

Then Carole did NOT spend "much of her summer comforting her friend whose husband died"

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole did NOT spend "much of her summer comforting her friend whose husband died"

A few weeks in June and sometime in August seems like a good chunk of the summer to me. Also, she was with a group in Spain so it’s entirely possible Cassandra was with her. The main point is that she wasn’t spending all summer with Tinsley which is the accusation of Bethenny’s that she was responding to.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

It’s a total dick move to not allow his 7 year old daughter to see her mommy on FaceTime no matter what he’s trying to hide. 

Bethenny has certainly been “at fault” in a lot of these divorce fights, but not letting Bryn see her mother???? Come on, man. It makes me sick. For Bryn 

It makes me sick too. It is very sad. 

Because of how she amplifies and exaggerates everything I would protect myself from her  by having strict boundaries and make a phone call be just that in the midst of custody litigation. No facetime. Bethenny would use ANYTHING against him he is smart to protect himself.   Ymmv. 

• Love 7

Bethenny is good in a crisis and fun to be around, if you share her rather sharp sense of humor.  Bethenny likes gossiping and poking fun at people.  Her saving grace (and even then, it isn't enough for some people) is that she's just as likely to poke herself as she is someone around her, but her default mode is to mock something about someone.  I don't even think she's serious about all of it, sometimes it's just a casual comment on something she thinks is funny in the moment, and doesn't think twice about (e.g. everyone's horrible clothes earlier this season). My point is that you have to like being around those kinds of constant digs, and for Carole, it got to be too much.  

But, I think it got too much for Carole once Bethenny started commenting on people Carole liked:  Tinsley, Adam, Ramona.  Carole didn't want to bond over slagging off Adam, even when Adam dumped her.  Bethenny doesn't generally have much time for socialites like Tinsley, and none at all for Ramona.  Carole was fine with Beth's constant running commentary, until it got turned on other people Carole likes.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

You know I wondered why he was making contact with her.  I can’t imagine they didn’t have an intermediary.  But you see he is a really ugly person.  He showed that over and over.  I believe his creepy parents taught him how to torture people emotionally to get what you want.  I’m sure they dragged that dead son out Jason’s whole life to get what they want.

Now you have Jason and IF he followed the custody guideline it would distance him from his victim.  So he just did what he wanted and played the wronged husband.  He was advice when they were married, a dick during the divorce so no surprise he’s a dick during custody.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

While I agree that it would be exhausting - I call foul on Carole's part.

Bethenny was a thousand times worse when Carole first met her. She was crying all over the place. I remember a scene where they all met in some store - Kristen, Ramona, Carole, Heather, Dorinda, Luann, Sonya. It was winter time and Bethenny walked in wearing a Ushanka and had to be put in a chair in the back where she just cried. She got upset as soon as she walked in to Dorinda's house when Heather said you should have come earlier and my kids could have played with Bryn. She cried over a meatball.

Carole went ahead and pursued a friendship with Bethenny anyway. She became friends with Bethenny with her eyes wide open. Bethenny didn't suddenly start behaving this way. If Carole felt this behavior was toxic, negative, too much, manipulative and abusive - she should have distanced herself within the first 6 months - be cordial and civil on the show - no need to be any closer. Yet Carole CHOSE to be Bethenny's bestie for 3 years - during filming AND off season.

It's funny how everyone that chooses to be friends with Bethenny eventually ends up getting blamed for the friendship ending because they can't take her anymore, because, well, ya know, she was always an asshole so you should have known better way back when. B is always off the hook because she doesn't hide the fact that she's a horrible person. That's some sick logic there.

• Love 12

Caught a mini marathon to catch up on the season.  Good grief, why not rename the show Bettheny yells at (insert name) this week?  This show is exhausting, Carole is right, Bethenny has all the success and money in the world and she's still not happy because there are pieces she can't control.

The trip must be pretty boring if they've showed one shopping trip and everything else happens at meals.

Dorinda really needs help with her drinking. And Carole is dressing like she's 21.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

On the one year Anniversary of Brad Grey's death, May 14th 2018, Carole posted this on Twitter twice

Getting in touch with my inner Princess today...taking a spin around Central Park in the @DunkinDonuts royal carriage. Tasting their new Royal Love Donut #royallovedonut. #ad

31557185_218647258866753_777190107626078

What a loyal friend - guess Brad loved donuts

Her only other posts were a shout out to Terri DiFalco and retweeting a poll about Carole being liked

On the one year anniversary of Brad Grey's death, Carole is still a supportive friend to his widow who has found love with someone else. I wasn't aware that Carole needed to post an IG memorial for Brad simultaneously as his own widow was doing on her IG. Have we unlocked a new level of social media usage where you're supposed to post about your friend's husband who passed away the year before? I think I missed posting about my best friend's wedding on their first anniversary and now I'm sad because the moment is gone.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 16
30 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

On the one year anniversary of Brad Grey's death, Carole is still a supportive friend to his widow who has found love with someone else. I wasn't aware that Carole needed to post an IG memorial for Brad simultaneously as his own widow was doing on her IG. Have we unlocked a new level of social media usage where you're supposed to post about your friend's husband who passed away the year before? I think I missed posting about my best friend's wedding on their first anniversary and now I'm sad because the moment is gone.

Fiddle-Dee-Dee!

I would't be concerned about your social media usage.  

The Dunkin Donuts Royal Love donut promo was for Prince Harry's wedding.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

AWESOME !! Ibiza ! Who told you,  you biiisssstssch! Rey might be my favorite ancillary character ever. Pickles, you got nothing on Rey. 

Wish I knew his full name to see if he's on Social Media.

You know he was right about Tom - calling him "Traash!"

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I found this. It appears that his name is Rey Bolic. Did he just make that one appearance on the show? (I am just about finished with season 4.) Also, if you click back to the page before the one I have linked below, there are several IG pictures of Rey and Luann.

https://allaboutthetea.com/2016/10/14/luann-de-lesseps-night-of-passion-with-drunk-ex-rey-exposed/

Thank you

His Instagram name is Rey_Setter

Found this pic

11386559_855208681236070_1519156801_n.jp

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Four adderall deep 2:30 in the morning cigarette hanging from her lips a half empty bottle of skinny girl vodka next to her. 

There’s no way she’s drinking that cheap crap if nobody’s looking!

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Might consider making an optometrist appointment because it’s definitely  Lu just a weird angle/smile.

OK.    I believe you 

7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Thirsty birds.

thirsty bird.jpg

How cute!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Dorinda really needs help with her drinking. And Carole is dressing like she's 21.

Seriously! I don't know who needs more of an intervention! Do neither of them watch the show after being filmed? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

I see Vicki but who are the others in that picture?

Luann is all the way on the right.

The one to the left of Vicki sort of looks like Susan Lucci but I don't think that's her.

The one all the way to the left is wearing white panties so we know it isn't Sonja Hah!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Luann is all the way on the right.

The one to the left of Vicki sort of looks like Susan Lucci but I don't think that's her.

The one all the way to the left is wearing white panties so we know it isn't Sonja Hah!

@biakbiak said LuAnn was on the right too.    I'm having a hard time seeing her though.    

That woman looks nothing like LuAnn.  

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, AnnA said:

@biakbiak said LuAnn was on the right too.    I'm having a hard time seeing her though.    

That woman looks nothing like LuAnn.  

The pic has been shown before because it led to Vicki Gunvalsen talking about hanging out with them that night and Lu getting pissed at her because she thought Vicki was flirting with Rey and told the story on WWHL.

I don’t think it’s a flattering pic of Lu but I can definitely tell it’s her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Seriously! I don't know who needs more of an intervention! Do neither of them watch the show after being filmed? 

Maybe Bravo could do a crossover with TLC and A&E for What Not to Wear (Special RH edition) and Intervention. I believe Stacy and Clinton could be lured back to redress some of the atrocious styles. Carole may be a lost cause since she's history, but there is Sonja. I can just see her and Stacy arguing over wearing underwear vs. VPL. I'd also like to see a nasty semi-drunk and hungover Dorinda get leveled by Candy Finnegan before she got stuffed on a plane to fly off to rehab.

Carole looked pretty good out shopping but then relapsed at the evening dinner in that white get-up and roach clip earrings. 

I am truly worried about Dorinda. She was seeing white spots in her eyes at lunch and blamed it on her blood sugar.  That's low blood sugar, dehydration and lack of B vitamins due to excessive alcohol consumption. She probably also gets shaky. I think a lot of her outbursts and turning on a dime are due to the anxiety that's caused by excessive drinking. That's a side effect that few people address. You feel guilty, ashamed and anxious about the drinking and whatever atrocious behavior you exhibited under the influence and the only way to get rid of those feelings is to start the drinking cycle again. If you can't drink or haven' had enough yet, you blow up at the slightest provocation. Plus, yeah, she might be taking other stuff, too. 

But ... only Dorinda can decide to get help. It's moved beyond being an amusing sideshow (clip, clip, clip) At this rate, Bethenney won't be the only one with no friends left.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well, MisRed at trashtalktv’s still out of commission so I relented and “watched” the episode with  FF and mute both on,  except for the Lu / Do dust-up. Dorinda’s resentment and fear of Lu’s attempt at sobriety is so classic. I feel sorry for D, because I perceive that hitting bottom is still afar off for her and it’s gonna be a heckuva crash when she does.

I had never thought about how and if she fit in with Richard’s crowd before he cashed in, nor whether she sees any of that group, now.  She imprinted on me as a loving, caring daughter when she recalled how she gently but proudly told her working-class dad that he no longer had to use the back door at Blue Stone Manor, after she & Richard had moved in. 

It’s not interesting enough to keep me watching RHONY, but if her backstory ever does come out in full, it will make for some instructive reading, betcha boots. 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 4
On 7/25/2018 at 6:34 PM, SweetieDarling said:

But, what was she doing that made Lu say "There she goes" and accuse her of getting aggressive? I didn't see her get aggressive, until then. Did we miss something?

I think she said Dorinda was "starting to turn".  I understood exactly what she was saying - Dorinda was starting to turn mean. 

We've seen it plenty enough times to know it's true that Dorinda is a mean drunk.  The other H'wives recognize the signs of the ticking time bomb about to go off.

• Love 7