Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/26/2018 at 6:28 AM, VedaPierce said:

Can’t stand that Carole said Lu shouldn’t say anything about anyone else’s drinking because she just got out of rehab!! Why the hell not??? If anyone can see what an out-of-control drunk is, it’s someone who came out the other side! So because Lu was in rehab, she has no right to comment on an obvious problem in front of her? 

And while I believe Bethenny played a huge part in their breakup, Carole is no angel. I saw gaslighting. I saw her fishing after bribing Sonja, and not listening to Sonja’s explanation of Bethenny’s side. I saw Carole very cooly hug Bethenny after Bethenny broke down and said she loved her. How can that not move you if you used to have a close relationship with this person? At least be sad with them that a dear friendship is over....I don’t know..such toxic people, of course it wouldn’t last.

Dorinda was disgusting last night. What a sad, ugly, sloppy mess. Her eyes full of misplaced anger alternating with regret, her lipstick smears, the drool. I would be horrified if that was my mother in tv. I AM horrified. She lost me. 

Re the Dorinda paragraph - she has both a living mother (capable of baking a cake, or maybe  just buying!)and an adult daughter - you'd think they'd tell Dor it's time for rehab.IMO, her behavior is related to the shattering grief of losing her beloved husband (and yes, widowhood, when blissfully married, is worse than most divorces.)

Edited by telemachus2
Oops, Captain Obvious here - I posted having read only half of the comments & just came across two rehab recommendations.
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You can't know that for sure.    It's your opinion.

i don't care why she's leaving.  I just know that I won't miss  her.  

You don't know how he felt.   Did you watch Bethenny Ever After?  

Jason refusing to leave that apartment made him a total asshole IMO.  Getting it back from him was bittersweet so I'm glad she sold it. 

ETA:   They filmed some of the Bethenny phone calls to Bryn her first season back.   She lived in fear of being a minute late and wasn't always able to get through.  

O.k. I knew that was coming, lol and I did say IMO.  And, yes, yes, yes to all.  But I still think the same.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k. I knew that was coming, lol and I did say IMO.  And, yes, yes, yes to all.  But I still think the same.

Yes.  Yes you did.   You stuck it in right before "The End" ?

Edited by AnnA

If people thought that watching Bethenney and Carole this season was exhausting, wait until we have Ramona, Bethenney AND Jill (if the spumors are accurate.) I don't really consider showing sympathy and compassion over the loss of a spouse as reconciling a bitter friendship split. I think it was a camera-op for both, "audition" for Jill and nothing more. 

I was neutral about Carole. I have only seen this season and last year of her, so I don't have an opinion. She seemed kind of blah last year and seemed more interesting this season when she finally found her voice against Bethenney.  I am disappointed that Carole let that hosebeast drive her away, but whatever.  They couldn't let their feud drag on season after season and it was apparent that neither side was going to budge.  Other than that, Carole didn't have much else going on. Good luck to her on whatever she pursues in her personal and professional lives. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her pop up occasionally at a social situation.

If Jill comes back, I can see her taking Tinsley under her wing kind of the same way she did to Kelly.  I think it would be great if instead of Jill, Bravo found a HW more in Tinsley's age range. A women of color would also be a much-needed addition.

I don't have much more to add to the fashion commentary. I liked all of Tinsley's dresses and other outfits. They were in her girly feminine style without being so garishly OTT with the ruffles and frills, but at glam squad -- puh-leez. She has been watching too much of Dorit and Erika. I am a detractor because I thought Sonja looked ridiculous. Yes, her daughter needs to burn those shorts immediately. I think she's pure trash and I think she is striking but nowhere on the beautiful scale (there are many other really gorgeous HWs and Joanna Krupa comes to mind.) That blue floral stringy dress Bethenney wore during her meltdown should be added to the bonfire.  How many exotic birds were sacrificed to create Carole's earrings.

Geez ... Dorinda is one hot mess. When she was back at the house and having the conversation with Carole, Dorinda was so drunk that I had no idea what she was slurring. Something about a "heroin slack ... indgis ... ADDICT ... at her house. She looks terrible. The excessive drinking and overly bleached hair have aged her about 15 years. You can see it in her skin. I think that Dorinda is at the point right now where she realizes that she's spiraling out of control but can't stop it. That's a sad and scary place to be in. You know you need help and deep down want to get it. But ... then there's the very raw fear about how you're going to cope without the familiar anesthesia of booze (and whatever else she indulges in.) And FFS, Bethenney, Carole is not a "moron," for not cleaning up Dorinda's lipstick. Carole seemed too focused on the more pressing problem, Dorinda's mental/emotional state. It wasn't like they were still out on the town. 

I foresee an intervention in the upcoming season.  I also can't wait to see a Dorinda/Jill bust-up if Jill does indeed, come back next season.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

In fairness, Carole said she was ride or die over friendships and did not at any point add the "except when I decide it is a toxic relationship" exception. She was *ride or die* and was very insistent on that point.  Now, I am not saying that Carole should force herself to stay in a friendship she's no longer feeling, but at the same time, I think she'd be pretty dismissive and snarky to any of her friends who said "I'm ride or die about our friendship, Carole! Unless, you know, at some point I decide you're toxic. Until then tho? Ride or die? I am ride or die for you! Until you're toxic and then I'm dropping you like a stone cold bitch and you need to accept you were the one at fault. But RIDE OR DIE MY FRIEND!"

In other words, I think Carole expects to be treated better by her friends than she is willing to treat them. She seems to expect a loyalty that she's not willing to give in return. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying she needs to be Bethenny's bestie forever, if things fall apart, they fall apart but this friendship didn't fall apart because Carole is Bethenny's much put upon victim in a toxic relationship. 

Carole said something to Bethenny at the dinner about how friendships can wax and wane sometimes. I forget her exact wording, but what she said and how she said it left me with the impression she was willing to ride out this rough patch in their friendship. I don't think Bethenny handles bumps in the road very well. It's like she jumps to the conclusion that the bump means it's over, and, maybe to try protect her own feelings, she shuts it down.

IMO, neither of them handled the whole situation very well, especially for people that were, allegedly, such close friends.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

If people thought that watching Bethenney and Carole this season was exhausting, wait until we have Ramona, Bethenney AND Jill (if the spumors are accurate.) I don't really consider showing sympathy and compassion over the loss of a spouse as reconciling a bitter friendship split. I think it was a camera-op for both, "audition" for Jill and nothing more. 

I was neutral about Carole. I have only seen this season and last year of her, so I don't have an opinion. She seemed kind of blah last year and seemed more interesting this season when she finally found her voice against Bethenney.  I am disappointed that Carole let that hosebeast drive her away, but whatever.  They couldn't let their feud drag on season after season and it was apparent that neither side was going to budge.  Other than that, Carole didn't have much else going on. Good luck to her on whatever she pursues in her personal and professional lives. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her pop up occasionally at a social situation.

If Jill comes back, I can see her taking Tinsley under her wing kind of the same way she did to Kelly.  I think it would be great if instead of Jill, Bravo found a HW more in Tinsley's age range. A women of color would also be a much-needed addition.

I don't have much more to add to the fashion commentary. I liked all of Tinsley's dresses and other outfits. They were in her girly feminine style without being so garishly OTT with the ruffles and frills, but at glam squad -- puh-leez. She has been watching too much of Dorit and Erika. I am a detractor because I thought Sonja looked ridiculous. Yes, her daughter needs to burn those shorts immediately. I think she's pure trash and I think she is striking but nowhere on the beautiful scale (there are many other really gorgeous HWs and Joanna Krupa comes to mind.) That blue floral stringy dress Bethenney wore during her meltdown should be added to the bonfire.  How many exotic birds were sacrificed to create Carole's earrings.

Geez ... Dorinda is one hot mess. When she was back at the house and having the conversation with Carole, Dorinda was so drunk that I had no idea what she was slurring. Something about a "heroin slack ... indgis ... ADDICT ... at her house. She looks terrible. The excessive drinking and overly bleached hair have aged her about 15 years. You can see it in her skin. I think that Dorinda is at the point right now where she realizes that she's spiraling out of control but can't stop it. That's a sad and scary place to be in. You know you need help and deep down want to get it. But ... then there's the very raw fear about how you're going to cope without the familiar anesthesia of booze (and whatever else she indulges in.) And FFS, Bethenney, Carole is not a "moron," for not cleaning up Dorinda's lipstick. Carole seemed too focused on the more pressing problem, Dorinda's mental/emotional state. It wasn't like they were still out on the town. 

I foresee an intervention in the upcoming season.  I also can't wait to see a Dorinda/Jill bust-up if Jill does indeed, come back next season.

First bolded:  Ugh, I couldn't agree more.  Those bolt ons she sports are really just not a good look when exposed so much.

Second bolded:  There was an episode (maybe last season) where Bethenny was talking to someone and a very inebriated Dorinda walked up and said....SOMETHING.  In her talking head, Bethenny said something to the effect that, "And then Dorinda, apparently speaking in Swahili..." and I laughed my ass off probably way longer than I should have because whatever she said was so fucking unintelligible it sounded like a foreign language.  

Third bolded:  She also called Ramona a moron in the Berkshires when Ramona was admiring the snow globes, which I didn't agree with at all.  It was probably one of the few scenes where I didn't find Ramona grating.  

• Love 9

Rewatching the dinner scene, that was the definition of a reality tv three ring circus. Carole/Bethenny on one end with their redundant bullshit, unhinged Dorinda tearing into Lu on the other, and the three blondies in the middle laughing and oblivious. Amazing. 

• Love 11
On 7/25/2018 at 11:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

Carole has approached it directly, but Bethenny continues to lie and obfuscate. Carole has told Bethenny that she's heard from others that Bethenny has an issue with Carole's level of interest in Bethenny's charity work and Adam asking to be compensated. And Carole has said that she has an issue with Bethenny talking to everyone else about why she upset with Carole instead of talking directly to Carole. It's not actually all that complicated, but Bethenny is so fundamentally manipulative that her refusal to deal with their friendship honestly is what torpedoed the friendship.

Bethenny has become Jill. The student has become the master.

Did Ramona just reveal that Carole came on Galapagos trip as a favor to Bethenny because someone cancelled and Carole paid her own way?

Carole was trying to diplomatically ease Dorinda into the idea that she might have a problem with alcohol.

I disagree.

Bethenny only made a few comments to DORINDA and only Dorinda. She did not tell Ramona, Sonja, Luann or Tinsley. She made the operator comment about Adam. As far as her charity - she did not say Carole did not support her monetarily - she said everyone is different in the way they support a charity - her cause was not everyone else's cause.

Their fight was over Adam, comments which Bethenny made directly to Carole. Carole was upset about the comments Bethenny made about Adam. Carole revealed at the Berkeshires dinner that she heard from others about what was said about Adam meaning she heard Adam's version of events and believed him because she needs his dick.

Carole is loyal to "insert" current man in her life and she is ride or die for "insert" current man in her life. These qualities don't extend to her girlfriends.

This all happened when Adam first dumped Carole - which was in the spring/summer. Had Carole herself expressed any interest in going to Houston or Puerto Rico or being involved with Bethenny's charity, Bethenny's first choice would have been Carole. Had Carole made a monetary donation, Bethenny would have invited her to the award event NOT Ramona and Tinsley.

I believe Bethenny when she says she invited Carole to stay at her house in the Hamptons and told her Dennis and Brynn would be there. I don't believe Carole when she says Bethenny never invited her.

It is Carole I find to be dishonest and not confronting the issue head on. I think she is afraid of what Bethenny could reveal about Adam on camera and Carole still wants him back.

It is Carole who has been talking to the other HW's about Bethenny.

• Love 12
On 7/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, sasha206 said:

Ramona on WWHL just said exactly what I thought happened with Red Scarf Guy.  Beth pissed he went out with Carole.  

I love Ramona, but I don't believe her.

Ramona is only going off what Carole told her.

Red Barf Guy is clearly shown on camera sidling up to Bethenny and telling her he only came because he found out she was going to be there.

Now did Red Barf Guy then say the exact same words to Carole? Who knows?

I bet Carole is believing everything he says - because peoples...Carole is a RIDE OR DIE CHICK

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

If people thought that watching Bethenney and Carole this season was exhausting, wait until we have Ramona, Bethenney AND Jill (if the spumors are accurate.)

What are spumors?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

First bolded:  Ugh, I couldn't agree more.  Those bolt ons she sports are really just not a good look when exposed so much.

Second bolded:  There was an episode (maybe last season) where Bethenny was talking to someone and a very inebriated Dorinda walked up and said....SOMETHING.  In her talking head, Bethenny said something to the effect that, "And then Dorinda, apparently speaking in Swahili..." and I laughed my ass off probably way longer than I should have because whatever she said was so fucking unintelligible it sounded like a foreign language.  

Third bolded:  She also called Ramona a moron in the Berkshires when Ramona was admiring the snow globes, which I didn't agree with at all.  It was probably one of the few scenes where I didn't find Ramona grating.  

That’s why Bethenny is the show.  She comes out with the funniest and brilliant things.  Sharp as a tack.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That’s why Bethenny is the show.  She comes out with the funniest and brilliant things.  Sharp as a tack.

I honestly think Bethany needs the show more then the show needs her. The woman just needs to quit and focus on her daughter and not being nuts. This episode proved that. 

• Love 13
On 7/25/2018 at 11:45 PM, absolutelyido said:

I could see it happening. For Dorinda, it starts with slurring her words and gesticulating in a very animated way. When she does that, a nasty tirade directed at the nearest target is sure to follow shortly. I think Lu saw the signs and knew Mean Dorinda was about to come out, even though Dorinda hadn't said anything nasty at that point. 

I don't know how Carole and Tinsley could have been defending her. Maybe neither of them has happened to be on the receiving end of a drunk Dorinda verbal attack.

I also think Bethenny was correct that the things Dorinda said about Luanne were not her true feelings. In the flashback they showed with Bethenny's charity friends, Dorinda didn't even know those people and she started attacking them. As Bethenny said, it's about how Dorinda feels about herself. She's angry and sad inside, because her life hasn't turned out like she expected as she told Bethenny on the plane.

Carole is going to defend Dorinda because she hates Luann, even more so now that Luann and Bethenny are getting along.

TinHat is just going to go along with whatever Carole said because she wants to keep Scott

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I honestly think Bethany needs the show more then the show needs her. The woman just needs to quit and focus on her daughter and not being nuts. This episode proved that. 

I think it’s the court hearings, Jason, Carole, Dennis and menopause.  Maybe work takes her mind off things?  Although, this last episode shows she is on the brink of a breakdown.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I think she used to fill this role, especially in seasons 1-2. Now she’s just mostly brittle and snippy. I’m not seeing much humor any more. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Carole said something to Bethenny at the dinner about how friendships can wax and wane sometimes. I forget her exact wording, but what she said and how she said it left me with the impression she was willing to ride out this rough patch in their friendship. I don't think Bethenny handles bumps in the road very well. It's like she jumps to the conclusion that the bump means it's over, and, maybe to try protect her own feelings, she shuts it down.

IMO, neither of them handled the whole situation very well, especially for people that were, allegedly, such close friends.

I think this is exactly right.  I think that Bethany expects rejection/abandonment and that when things start to go a little bit sideways in a relationship (be it a romantic one or a friendship) it triggers something in her and rather than try to right the course, she steers it off a cliff.  Afterwards she looks at the wreckage and says, "I knew that would happen; people are terrible and they'll always try to destroy you and then discard you."  It's a self-fulfilling prophesy.  You would think that with all the therapy she's had, she might have developed a strategy for breaking herself out of that cycle by now.

• Love 20
On 7/26/2018 at 12:08 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

That was one of my favourite parts of the night. That and Tins being totally oblivious to the heated conversations on either end of the table. And what was that Ramona had? I looked like a rather large hard sided case with a big mirror inside the lid. It was huge for something one would take to dinner to check on lipstick. Did she steal it from Tins's glam squad? Did she carry it in a purse, or was it her purse? 

Also one of my favorite scenes. LOL

When Ramona had that lid open I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the ballerina spinning

Y0S8ip.gif

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Also one of my favorite scenes. LOL

When Ramona had that lid open I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the ballerina spinning

Y0S8ip.gif

Oh, that’s a jewelry box.  I have one and gave my granddaughters one.  They come in all sizes, with a ballerina and a mirror.  I don’t know if it was hers or somebody’s else.  She had it in her purse and used the mirror to fix her makeup.

Edited by Gem 10
On 7/26/2018 at 12:44 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Those texts between Snoopy, red scarf guy, and Bethany. Ramona first said they don't exist. Andy looked confused, like he was going to say something, then Ramona backtracked and said they were six months old.

Bethany is a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. I believe we will see those texts at the reunion and that Andy already has.

Ramona lied..LOL

The texts are about 5 months old - the texts are from February and it is now the end of July.

I hope Bethenny shows the texts, but what I''m really interested in is the Adam thing. I really want to see the communications of Adam broaching the subject of getting paid for charity work

• Love 5
On 7/26/2018 at 12:45 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't know, but I think Carole is seeing how the wind is blowing and running away.

Exactly!

I'm with UserNameFatigue - Carole probably knew she wasn't being asked to return and decided to spin it like she was leaving.

Carole might have thought she was popular enough and gave Bravo an ultimatum, either Bethenny goes or I go.

If she were stupid enough to pull this move then Bravo pointed to the big rectangular shaped object with a knob

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love Ramona, but I don't believe her.

Ramona is only going off what Carole told her.

Red Barf Guy is clearly shown on camera sidling up to Bethenny and telling her he only came because he found out she was going to be there.

Now did Red Barf Guy then say the exact same words to Carole? Who knows?

I bet Carole is believing everything he says - because peoples...Carole is a RIDE OR DIE CHICK

Oh I believe he's gross.  And I believe he was interested in Bethenny.  I just don't think that Bethenny WASN'T interested in him.  

• Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly!

I'm with UserNameFatigue - Carole probably knew she wasn't being asked to return and decided to spin it like she was leaving.

Carole might have thought she was popular enough and gave Bravo an ultimatum, either Bethenny goes or I go.

If she were stupid enough to pull this move then Bravo pointed to the big rectangular shaped object with a knob

There's also the very real possibility that Bravo/Andy was positively orgasmic to show her the door, whether it was their decision, her decision, or a mutual decision.

Aside from the absurd (and overblown) feud with Bethenny, her story arc has been stagnant for a couple of seasons now...

And Andy knew he'd have a potential ratings bonanza waiting in the wings if Jill comes back.  

Carole and Andy may be friendly off screen, but realistically speaking, RATINGS are going to trump FRIENDSHIPS with Andy/Bravo every. single. time.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

There's also the very real possibility that Bravo/Andy was positively orgasmic to show her the door, whether it was their decision, her decision, or a mutual decision.

Aside from the absurd (and overblown) feud with Bethenny, her story arc has been stagnant for a couple of seasons now...

And Andy knew he'd have a potential ratings bonanza waiting in the wings if Jill comes back.  

Carole and Andy may be friendly off screen, but realistically speaking, RATINGS are going to trump FRIENDSHIPS with Andy/Bravo every. single. time.  

Oh yeah.  Money talks and bullshit walks.  The thought of Jill tho, makes me want to barf.  Will she be Beth’s new bestie?

• Love 2

Sorry about that. "Spumor" actually was the wrong term. That is a mash-up of "spoiler" and "rumor." So far, Jill's pending return is just a vague rumor. It hasn't even grown legs yet as a rumor and isn't even close to spoiler status. 

LOL! Whenever I hear "sharp as a tack," it's usually reference to some very elderly person who hasn't yet succumbed to senility or other forms of memory loss. ("It's Mary's 107th birthday and she's still sharp as a tack.) In this case, a hefty dose of amnesia might do Bethenney some good. Her whipping out all of the vacation photos with Carole was extremely tacky at best. And Bethenney thought that Jill kept score? 

OBTW, while catching up on Season 3 (or is it 4?) I caught my first ever glimpse of Dorinda. She was attending some luncheon to honor Ramona. She was seated at a table adjacent to the HWs and you could only see her profile but no mistaking it was our beloved Doris!

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/26/2018 at 9:47 AM, Gem 10 said:

Why isn’t anyone putting Dorinda in rehab?  John, Andy, her daughter?  Andy likes her drunk and raging .. it makes for good t.v., but what about her welfare?  Doesn’t anyone care?  You would think after seeing herself on t.v., she would realize she needs help.  It’s been too many times.

Dorinda is over the age of 21. Dorinda won't even admit she has a problem so I don't see her going voluntarily. John, Andy, her daughter - don't have the legal power to force her there. The only way it's going to happen is when she gets arrested and it is court mandated.

I'm thinking the Bethenny Dorinda plane to PR conversation - Dorinda did not treat herself to therapy for the New Year.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Oh I believe he's gross.  And I believe he was interested in Bethenny.  I just don't think that Bethenny WASN'T interested in him.  

He isn't her type. Not young and buff enough to be candy and not bald or rich. I think she was flattered by his attention and her pride was hurt that he so quickly jumped around, hence her snipeyness with Carole, but I don't think she was interested, if for no other reason than it appears that she likes to be the attractive one in a relationship.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He isn't her type. Not young and buff enough to be candy and not bald or rich. I think she was flattered by his attention and her pride was hurt that he so quickly jumped around, hence her snipeyness with Carole, but I don't think she was interested, if for no other reason than it appears that she likes to be the attractive one in a relationship.

Her pride being hurt is a good call.   She seemed way too bothered that Carole went on a date with him for someone not she wasn't interested in.  And not bothered in a "he's a jerk" kind of way.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Would Jill's return be a ratings bonanza? Bethenny's return barely improved the ratings. She maybe brought 200,000 eyes to the show. A lot of viewers who loved the Bethenny/Jill dynamic and the collapse of their friendship have moved on. There are a decent number of viewers now who have never seen the Jill seasons. A bunch of the other shows have brought back previous housewives to see no bump in the ratings. RHoNJ brought back Jacqueline and Danielle Staub, but it didn't improve the ratings. RHoOC brought back Lydia; it did nothing. RHoA brought back Wig and that was a big old fail. The reality is that these shows are slowly dying. Bringing Jill back might bump the ratings up a little, but they'll drop back to where they are now by the end of the season.

• Love 12
On 7/26/2018 at 12:03 PM, AnnA said:

Carole hates LuAnn

I was a little surprised that Carol admitted she can't stand to be around someone who is crying. 

Who does that?   What a cold bitch she is!

Carole saw this behavior from Bethenny all season long on her return to the franchise,

Carole was allegedly BFFs with Heather the 2 seasons prior. Does Carole suddenly not remember - Bethenny having a meltdown at Dorinda's over the Meatball - she would rather eat glass, she was going to fall on the floor sobbing, her walls are up, her walls are up. Back then Carole said in her TH shot - Bethenny is wound up tight. All this she witnessed and yet CAROLE is the one who pursued a friendship with Bethenny.

Now Carole is saying that Bethenny's crying is abusive and manipulative - after 3 years of pretending to be her BFF?

tenor.gif?itemid=4630585

• Love 6
6 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

If people thought that watching Bethenney and Carole this season was exhausting, wait until we have Ramona, Bethenney AND Jill (if the spumors are accurate.)

Oh Goddess please no Jill!!! I don't think I can stand another season of her spoiled all  bout me and I know everything whiny  self.  I'm down to only RHONY and RHOBH now because the others have such obnoxious women. I know this is probably not a popular opinion but I would like Kristen back. Now that she's dumped the asshole husband I'd like to know how she's doing. She had great style and wasn't afraid to stand up to the bitchiness that came her way (because she was prettier than the others?). Hell, I'd rather have crazy Kelly than Jill.

• Love 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He isn't her type. Not young and buff enough to be candy and not bald or rich. 

He's a partner in a law firm (so he's not broke) and and he looks pretty buff to me:

I think Bethenny would love to have had a stable, handsome man in her life, instead of the usual creeps she dates. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Would Jill's return be a ratings bonanza? Bethenny's return barely improved the ratings. She maybe brought 200,000 eyes to the show. A lot of viewers who loved the Bethenny/Jill dynamic and the collapse of their friendship have moved on. There are a decent number of viewers now who have never seen the Jill seasons. A bunch of the other shows have brought back previous housewives to see no bump in the ratings. RHoNJ brought back Jacqueline and Danielle Staub, but it didn't improve the ratings. RHoOC brought back Lydia; it did nothing. RHoA brought back Wig and that was a big old fail. The reality is that these shows are slowly dying. Bringing Jill back might bump the ratings up a little, but they'll drop back to where they are now by the end of the season.

I agree with you.  Frankly, I'd be surprised if they brought Jill back because I think she burned her Bravo bridge with that stupid taping stunt.  

I also agree that these shows are slowly dying.   They need some new blood.   It wouldn't hurt for them to have a HW or two with a husband and a family........as long as I don't have to watch little rug rats running around the house like they just did with the newbies on the OC.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Oh Goddess please no Jill!!! I don't think I can stand another season of her spoiled all  bout me and I know everything whiny  self.  I'm down to only RHONY and RHOBH now because the others have such obnoxious women. 

I agree with you about Jill but not about RHOBH.   I think Dorit and Ericka deserve a prize for being the most obnoxious.  I probably won't watch BH anymore because of them and I'm almost ready to bail on the OC.  That will leave NY as my only HW show.   I always disliked Vicki and this season's two newbies seem like real losers.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I also don't blame Bethenny for giving him the side-eye stink eye.

it's not like he didn't know the cameras were there...why say those things?

Rory had to tell him to move away from Bethenny when the time was up.

Later on, he decides to pick another HW from the NY cast to latch on to?

Her snipyness with Carole, came after Carole said he didn't want to date you, prior I think Bethenny was truly insulted that Carole would believe a guy over her supposed show BFF. Hearing Carole say he doesn't want to date you showed Bethenny Carole doesn't want to reconcile their friendship.

giphy.gif

• Love 5
On 7/26/2018 at 12:54 PM, itsadryheat said:

"'After six seasons on Bravo's RHONY, I have decided to return to what I do best — journalism and producing,' she told People."

So now she's a producer-guess I missed that line item on her resume.

What does she "produce"?

It was a typo

Carole is going to follow Adam to the Farmer's Market and help him buy "Produce"

• Love 14
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

It was a typo

Carole is going to follow Adam to the Farmer's Market and help him buy "Produce"

You win the internet with that post today!

image.gif

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

this last episode shows she is on the brink of a breakdown.

I do believe the brink was in the rearview mirror.

2 hours ago, Steph J said:

You would think that with all the therapy she's had, she might have developed a strategy for breaking herself out of that cycle by now.

Assuming she's had therapy beyond Dr. Teevee.  'Cuz I don't take doctors who are willing to have their sessions filmed very seriously.  May as well just go to Dr. Phil.

• Love 10

Finally caught this episode last night. I think pretty much everything has been touched on, LOL—except that I DID have a dream that I was on a vacation in some sort of villa, with something antagonistic happening, and it left me with a sense of unease... 

6 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Yes yes yes to your whole post, but the bolded especially resonated with me, as that scene bugged. No matter who you believe was at fault for the B/C and D/L “discussions,” both Carole and Dorinda had clearly had difficult nights. Carole wasn’t even super focused on her OWN appearance—she was basically fresh out of the pool, not glammed. I think she just wanted to step back and commiserate/let her figurative hair down a bit in a less pressured setting. Defaulting to the “moron” language was unnecessary.

I like Dorinda when she’s in a sober frame of mind, so I’m sad that we are seeing more and more of Slurinda. 

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I agree with you about Jill but not about RHOBH.   I think Dorit and Ericka deserve a prize for being the most obnoxious.  I probably won't watch BH anymore because of them and I'm almost ready to bail on the OC.  That will leave NY as my only HW show.   I always disliked Vicki and this season's two newbies seem like real losers.

I agree about Erika.. I have to ff through her scenes, especially if the glam squad is involved. But i do adore LVP so I keep watching. For whatever reason Dorit doesn't bother me, sometimes. I ditched OC so far this year, mainly bc of Vicky, and I don't really like any of the others, except possibly Shannon. But it appears from what I've heard that she's been drinking  the Vicky Koolaid so I'm out.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, film noire said:

He's a partner in a law firm (so he's not broke) and and he looks pretty buff to me:

I think Bethenny would love to have had a stable, handsome man in her life, instead of the usual creeps she dates. 

Geeez, whoever called him the next TomCat (was it Bethenny?) is right. Not only was he sniffing around Beth, Ramona and Carole, but he is posting about his appearance on Instagram. Eeewww. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I agree about Erika.. I have to ff through her scenes, especially if the glam squad is involved. But i do adore LVP so I keep watching. For whatever reason Dorit doesn't bother me, sometimes. I ditched OC so far this year, mainly bc of Vicky, and I don't really like any of the others, except possibly Shannon. But it appears from what I've heard that she's been drinking  the Vicky Koolaid so I'm out.

I love LVP too but probably not enough to overcome my dislike of the others (including Kyle).     

I agree with you about Shannon;  I like her too.  We have a thread going with which episode Shannon will lose it and  blow up at Vicky.   We're all betting it will happen but we just don't know when LOL

2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Geeez, whoever called him the next TomCat (was it Bethenny?) is right. Not only was he sniffing around Beth, Ramona and Carole, but he is posting about his appearance on Instagram. Eeewww. 

Yup!   He's advertising himself.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, film noire said:

For a long term relationship I think she wants to be the better looking. Or you're right, she just can't get the better looking ones to date her.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Well, if this source is accurate, that phone rang and she answered....

https://allaboutthetea.com/2018/07/26/zarin-replacing-carole-radziwill/

Of course, I realize there's every chance that "Susan Saunders" could have planted this as well...

I don't believe a word printed by 'all about the tea' anymore. They are a dirty website, ever since they were acquired by a dirty publicist last year. They published pro-Siggy articles and are connected to paid trolls that harassed and targeted her detractors. Siggy hired the publicist that owns that website now..and btw, so did Vickie Gunvulson. The publicist owns a pr company, which also owns allaboutthetea. They are also involved in having trolls stalk and harass Thomas Ravanel's ex-girlfriend, while publishing pro-Ashley articles. She (the ex) is about to slap them with a lawsuit.

i used to really like that website but will never go to it again. I noticed it when none of my critical Siggy comments would be posted. I followed all the rules and they still deleted all my comments. I hope they go bankrupt fighting the lawsuit heading their way. They are dirty.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

If Red Barf Guy (love it!) is such a prize, why is he speed dating and speed dating on a reality show?

Exactly!    He's trolling for women.

He's said he's "friends" with Rory, the speed dating lady but I don't believe him.     

I think he's her best customer.   

• Love 6