Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

Just when I am just about to finally give up on her once and for all for being just too damn much angst all the damn time, Bethenny up and does a magnificent job with Dorinda at the end of the episode. That was a thing of beauty regarding the handling of a drunk. 

It also brought flooding back, with some tears, moments from my childhood when I too had to navigate living with drunks. Those lessons once learned are never forgotten. 

I might be the last woman standing on this, but I still would be Dorinda’s friend. She is a drunk, but when she is not drunk she is fierce and loyal and I appreciate that. 

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Dorinda not only had lipstick all around her mouth, but if you look at her fingers on the palm side of her hand, you can see it is also all over her fingers. She's been messy, but this may be the most noticeably messy she's been. Her face was gaunt, drawn, wrinkled, and discolored, her hair and makeup was disheveled, and she was clearly sloppy as heck. Not a good look. She needs help. 

Dorinda looked 25 years older when she was sitting at the table back at the house.  I had to rewind a couple of times.  I don’t blame Carole for not wiping Dorinda’s face....I wouldn’t touch her when she’s drunk.

Thank god Bethenny doesn’t get drunk....the blood shed would flow for miles.  

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

Just when I am just about to finally give up on her once and for all for being just too damn much angst all the damn time, Bethenny up and does a magnificent job with Dorinda at the end of the episode. That was a thing of beauty regarding the handling of a drunk. 

It also brought flooding back, with some tears, moments from my childhood when I too had to navigate living with drunks. Those lessons once learned are never forgotten. 

I might be the last woman standing on this, but I still would be Dorinda’s friend. She is a drunk, but when she is not drunk she is fierce and loyal and I appreciate that. 

Fierce and loyal enough of a friend that you feel secure enough to confide in her only to have her verbally assault you when she's blind assed drunk and violate that trust. She is a vicious beast.

When you try and check her so she doesn't make an ass of herself she goes after you and hits below the belt.

No thank you. She will apologize  andthen once again just like she always does season after season she's back to being Slurinda going for the jugular.

Watching her is as uncomfortable as it was watching Kim Richards. Slurinda is another train wreck on a didfferent track. Fucking drunk.

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

LuAnn's next single will be "Money Can't Buy You Class OR Happiness."

Or "Cherchez la femme. Ou est Evelyn? Qui est Evelyn?"

Edited by HunterHunted
To make the subsequent joke better. Accuracy.
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Fierce and loyal enough of a friend that you feel secure enough to confide in her only to have her verbally assault you when she's blind assed drunk and violate that trust. She is a vicious beast.

When you try and check her so she doesn't make an ass of herself she goes after you and hits below the belt.

No thank you. She will apologize  andthen once again just like she always does season after season she's back to being Slurinda going for the jugular.

Watching her is as uncomfortable as it was watching Kim Richards. Slurinda is another train wreck on a didfferent track. Fucking drunk.

That’s your opinion and your right. I said I was probably an outsider on this and don’t need to be schooled or disabused. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

Dorinda looked 25 years older when she was sitting at the table back at the house.  I had to rewind a couple of times.  I don’t blame Carole for not wiping Dorinda’s face....I wouldn’t touch her when she’s drunk.

Thank god Bethenny doesn’t get drunk....the blood shed would flow for miles.  

Yes to all.I too thought the same that she looked like an old washed up lush. Glad the camera crew kept filming and the editors kept it in. Maybe it will spur her on to cleaning up her act. I doubt it. She was even making excuses in her talking head.

Oh I was in no way schooling nor disabusing you Juneau Gal and I'm sorry my opinion came across that way.  I was just stating how I felt about someone like Dorinda. It wasn't directed at you nor was I criticising that you would be her friend.

18 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

That’s your opinion and your right. I said I was probably an outsider on this and don’t need to be schooled or disabused.

Edited by Giselle
Added reply.
  • Love 8

Carole never got over Bethenny calling Adam "behind her back" and then doubled down in her blogs against Beth.  I only catch WWHL on occasion and when I have this season, Andy always asks the guests who they side with, Carole or Bethenny?  Each time I've watched, the guests have always said Bethenny.  If Carole wanted to stay on the show, she seriously misjudged the audience reaction to her.  This must sting for such a cool, hip person.  The audience has REJECTED you.  Live and learn.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Or "Cherchez la femme. Qui est Evelyn? Ou est Evelyn?"

And in Drax the Destroyer's single "Pourquoi est Evelyn?"

Edited by HunterHunted
This is a pretty solid Avengers: Infinity War joke and no one got it, but maybe it's not that funny. Live and learn.
  • Love 1

I know I shouldn't laugh at a drunk, but goddesses help me, I lost it when, back at the casa, Dorinda dumped her ciggies into her purse. I don't even know why I thought that was funny but I did.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, rhys said:

I know I shouldn't laugh at a drunk, but goddesses help me, I lost it when, back at the casa, Dorinda dumped her ciggies into her purse. I don't even know why I thought that was funny but I did.

That made me laugh too though not as hard as on WWHL when they played that game where they put a big word on the monitor and Ramona tried to pronounce it. Andy is a terrible host but I had to give it to his staff on that one, Ramona trying to pronounce adult words is comedy gold. 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Love the earrings Carole gave to Sonja.  OK, sure, they were bribery earrings to get info, which she didn't get anyway.  I mean, c'mon, Carole, did ya really think you'd get any worthwhile info from Sonja?  Carole, hun, did ya just meet her?  But the earrings were still cute.  And better than I've ever seen Sonja wear.

Um, Sonja, how would you know "even prison bitches have one loyal friend"?  Hmmmmm . . .

I was gonna give Sonja credit for the TH where she asked -- what did Carole expect from a friendship with Bethenny?  And she said everyone knows Bethenny is "a nightmare".  But then she shrugged it off like it's no big deal.  Well, no, Sonja, ya moron, it is a big deal.  And Carole confirmed that when she described what Bethenny is putting her thru & that it's like being gaslighted & a mind fuck.  Ugh, how awful.  Is it any surprise Bethenny is a nightmare friend?

I think maybe it would be ok to be friends with Bethenny for a short time, and then the crazy comes out. No one should feel obligated to continue a friendship with someone who is a "nightmare". 

Enough is enough.

• Love 14

Why did Ramona have out a compact mirror the size of a laptop at dinner? 

When the people who come off the best in an episode are Ramona and the woman with an actual criminal case pending, you know we've gone through the looking glass. 

Tinsley's cheerful "I mean, I have a mugshot too!" may have been the highlight of the episode for me. 

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Carole is the only reason I started watching RHONY.  I really relate to her and will miss her. 

Funny enough, Carole is the reason I stayed. I initially was going to leave after Bethenny made her exit because I did enjoy her so much on this show, and the whole thing that went down between her and Jill soured me. I didn't want to watch a season with Jill, LuAnn, and Ramona in all their Jill, LuAnn, and Ramona glory.

I was in and out of season 4, but when the announcement came for season 5 I thought I'd check it out. I honestly had no idea who the hell Carole Radziwill was before this, but I liked her (and Heather. Heather, especially, for taking on Ramona out the gate lol) within the first few episodes. That like really hasn't waned. She writes. I write (though I pay the bills as an editor). She likes fashion. I like fashion (as witnessed by the types of Instagram accounts I follow and podcasts I listen to). She's heavily into politics as am I. Plus, she doesn't give country to toxic friendships. This might be my last season with the NYC crew.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Juneau Gal said:

Dorinda is a drunk.

Also, YES  Dorinda WAS totally fiercely loyal as Luann's bridesmaid when Luann was in a teenaged in lust dancing twirling and giggling on a heap of teetering shit balancing on a dumpster fire that was her engagement and marriage.  Dorinda had her back even when she knew Luann was crashing spectacularly. I agree with Juneau Gal that this is why drunk Dorinda lost her temper in such a colossal way. Dorinda is a drunk who expects loyalty back as Dorinda declines. 

Would Luann have been a better friend to not confront Dorinda about her drunk aggression on camera on vacation? I think so. But that's up for debate. Confronting her on camera will get results and hold Dorinda more accountable so she'll get help. Which is good.  But she sure pissed off Dorinda in the process and Luann, if she's doing it as a friend, has to accept that and still love Dorinda. I am Team Dorinda on this one. That was a pretty big betrayal considering what Dorinda has done for Luann recently.  

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

That made me laugh too though not as hard as on WWHL when they played that game where they put a big word on the monitor and Ramona tried to pronounce it. Andy is a terrible host but I had to give it to his staff on that one, Ramona trying to pronounce adult words is comedy gold. 

D'moge. Ha!

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Funny enough, Carole is the reason I stayed. I initially was going to leave after Bethenny made her exit because I did enjoy her so much on this show, and the whole thing that went down between her and Jill soured me. I didn't want to watch a season with Jill, LuAnn, and Ramona in all their Jill, LuAnn, and Ramona glory.

I was in and out of season 4, but when the announcement came for season 5 I thought I'd check it out. I honestly had no idea who the hell Carole Radziwill was before this, but I liked her (and Heather. Heather, especially, for taking on Ramona out the gate lol) within the first few episodes. That like really hasn't waned. She writes. I write (though I pay the bills as an editor). She likes fashion. I like fashion (as witnessed by the types of Instagram accounts I follow and podcasts I listen to). She's heavily into politics as am I. Plus, she doesn't give country to toxic friendships. This might be my last season with the NYC crew.

I was a casual viewer of RHoNY before season 5. Carole and to a lesser extent Heather were what made me a more devoted viewer. I still like Carole even though I can be annoyed by some of her affectations and antics. I now loathe Bethenny and am probably gone after this season.  Bethenny is too dysfunctional to be entertaining.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I actually thought Sonja was being a total bitch.  Notice her grasping hand snatched those earrings up and kept them.  So Carole's never given Sonja a gift before?  When has Sonja gifted anyone anything?  She's a grifter.

I think that Sonja should hang a shingle outside of her home that says:

Please Come In.

I will listen to you talk  for:

5 minutes = one small piece of inexpensive jewelry

10 minutes = one pair of jeans + 20 minutes 2 pair of jeans

30 minutes = Dinner + Drinks

• Love 20
19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

There’s so much chaos at that table that I have no clue what’s going on.

I was feeling bad for the camera people who were probably scrambling to capture the two simultaneous fights. 

I think Bethenny's probably technically more "right" in the feud with Carole, but she's just so unlikable I don't care.

If watching the footage of her own behavior from the last few seasons hasn't been sobering (literally) for Dorinda, I don't know what will be. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Last night I saw a glimpse of Little Ramoner 50 years ago, while her parents went apeshit at the dinner table...she knows how to handle herself in a monkey cage when all hell breaks loose. 

Exactly! Ramona reminds me of my ex in a lot of ways. He doesn’t (thank god) have her vindictive streak or her mean streak, but he shares that manic inability to be alone or sit still. The only time he was ever calm was in a crisis. It would confuse the hell out of me because he could be so loud and frenetic and completely selfish and irresponsible in every day life, but then something really horrible would happen and he would get calm all of a sudden. A friend pointed out once during our very long breakup that some people only feel comfortable in chaos and if life doesn’t hand them choas they will create it. That’s when I truly knew I had to get out. His life is always going to be a storm because that’s what he wants and I could either abandon ship or go down sinking with him. Ramona seems that way to me. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no. WWHL has half the viewers of RHoNY at best. And likely only the most devoted of fans are voting in their online polls? It's a skewed sample.

There are a number of articles about how Bravo assesses the popularity of housewives. Those articles aren't in the Post; they are in Newspaper of Record. Bravo uses Facebook, Twitter, boards like this one (which is why they bought TWoP) , blogs, and podcasts to assess their shows and the casts. Bethenny is a deeply divisive personality. That's the reason she doesn't have her own show now. And the reason her show with Fredrik Ecklund crashed and burned. Bethenny sucks, but a shitty WWHL poll voted on by a couple of thousand people isn't capable of demonstrating how unlikeable she is.

I wonder about those polls too. I've watched all the HW shows since it started and I have opinions, but I've never cared enough to vote on WWHL or even watch WWHL. You're right that it's probably the same people voting in every poll.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I wonder about those polls too. I've watched all the HW shows since it started and I have opinions, but I've never cared enough to vote on WWHL or even watch WWHL. You're right that it's probably the same people voting in every poll.

I feel like Bethenny has her staff and PR ppl working overtime in the SG lair late on Wednesday nights,  but you know me! :-) 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I feel like Bethenny has her staff and PR ppl working overtime in the SG lair late on Wednesday nights,  but you know me! :-) 

The message boards used to make this same comment about Jill, back when she was on the show. 

The parallels between Jill and Bethenny that have been offered here are pretty spot-on.  All the things that Bethenny claimed she couldn't handle or tolerate about Jill are all the same things she is doing herself - again, lessons well learned from the master.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13

Regarding the Luann/Dorinda battle - 

Luann may have had good intentions, but she is walking barefooted through fire when trying to check someone else about their drinking.  It's.too.soon.  

That said, Dorinda brought out an Uzi to fire back at a pea shooter. 

5 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

My disdain for Andy Cohen keeps me from regularly watching WWHL.  I only watch if I see where someone I'm interested in is on, and that isn't very often.  I have never voted on any of their polls, and don't see that changing.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Luann may have had good intentions, but she is walking barefooted through fire when trying to check someone else about their drinking.  It's.too.soon.  

Totally agree.

Luann didn't just check one ANYone,  she picked her bridesmaid who stuck by her during the Tom debacle.  That sent Dorinda next level. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Luann is like a person who has found religion; they want to tell you all about it, all the time. Nothing like the zealotry of the newly faithful. Ain't nobody here for that.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Totally agree.

Luann didn't just check one ANYone,  she picked her bridesmaid who stuck by her during the Tom debacle.  That sent Dorinda next level. 

Yeah.  If she or anyone else is genuinely concerned about Dorinda (they should be), there has to be someone in her close circle (daughter, boyfriend, close friend not on the show, etc.), that they can talk to about it.  I don't buy the worrying about her in Colombia theory, because you can just make damn sure she doesn't go out alone.  I wouldn't want any of them to go out alone, drunk or sober.  I would think that production sees that they get back and forth safely?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Mystery of the night on the board....who is Evelyn????  We all want to know.

At this point, I think the answer might be "Salt" and she's part of the Illegals Program. Also who do you think is the sleeper agent?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Exactly! Ramona reminds me of my ex in a lot of ways. He doesn’t (thank god) have her vindictive streak or her mean streak, but he shares that manic inability to be alone or sit still. The only time he was ever calm was in a crisis. It would confuse the hell out of me because he could be so loud and frenetic and completely selfish and irresponsible in every day life, but then something really horrible would happen and he would get calm all of a sudden. A friend pointed out once during our very long breakup that some people only feel comfortable in chaos and if life doesn’t hand them choas they will create it. That’s when I truly knew I had to get out. His life is always going to be a storm because that’s what he wants and I could either abandon ship or go down sinking with him. Ramona seems that way to me. 

So true. So true. I know people like that in my life too. :(

19 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Bethenny almost drowns in her tears. Almost, though, because thankfully she was wearing a life vest.

I think that's her boobs?

The only reason Dorinda doesn't have a mugshot (yet?) is because she's a white, upper-middle-class female.  Drunk Dorinda is mean, awful, and borderline violent. ...Yet, I do still kind of like her when she's sober and being reasonable.  Perhaps the ones in an abusive relationship here are really Dorinda and the viewers?

That's said, I'd still watch the shit out of a spinoff series in which she uses her connections to procure hard-to-get items.  Just saying.

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Dorinda is a drunk.

Also, YES  Dorinda WAS totally fiercely loyal as Luann's bridesmaid when Luann was in a teenaged in lust dancing twirling and giggling on a heap of teetering shit balancing on a dumpster fire that was her engagement and marriage.  Dorinda had her back even when she knew Luann was crashing spectacularly. I agree with Juneau Gal that this is why drunk Dorinda lost her temper in such a colossal way. Dorinda is a drunk who expects loyalty back as Dorinda declines. 

Would Luann have been a better friend to not confront Dorinda about her drunk aggression on camera on vacation? I think so. But that's up for debate. Confronting her on camera will get results and hold Dorinda more accountable so she'll get help. Which is good.  But she sure pissed off Dorinda in the process and Luann, if she's doing it as a friend, has to accept that and still love Dorinda. I am Team Dorinda on this one. That was a pretty big betrayal considering what Dorinda has done for Luann recently.  

Dorinda was a great friend to Lu and I think Luann was trying to also be a loyal friend. She didn't care that Dorinda was having a drink it was after several that she tried to let Dorinda know "Hey you're starting to get sloppy & punchy."  I believe Lu as her friend didn't want Dorinda to show her ass again for the umpteenth time in public and national TV. Dorinda didn't want to be told anything by a sober Lu and looked and acted even worse for it.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't buy the worrying about her in Colombia theory, because you can just make damn sure she doesn't go out alone.  

I don't buy it either. (I do think production watches). If I were drunk Dorinda I would have yelled to Luann "STAY IN YOUR LANE" (anyone watch 90 Day Fiance?) in a Russian accent like Anfisa did on their reunion Sunday. Anfisa used flailing arms also so it would totally work for Dorinda. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Two bloodbaths percolating on both sides of her, and Ramona’s fixing her makeup.

How about the size of that make-up box she was holding at the table.  I use something smaller than that at home.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

Dorinda was a great friend to Lu and I think Luann was trying to also be a loyal friend. She didn't care that Dorinda was having a drink it was after several that she tried to let Dorinda know "Hey you're starting to get sloppy & punchy."  I believe Lu as her friend didn't want Dorinda to show her ass again for the umpteenth time in public and national TV. Dorinda didn't want to be told anything by a sober Lu and looked and acted even worse for it.

Yeah. I guess. It was preachy and I guess that's Lu. "Uhh it's Mrs. DeLessepps....." (w the driver years back).  Dorinda's drunkness is her last security and boy was she pissed at Lu for not letting her hang onto it. Did Dorinda do a come to Jesus meeting re: Tom on cam? I don't recall she did. Dorinda wants that treatment back. 

• Love 2

Another episode, another soused Dorinda. Yawn. Maybe if she woke up with dicks Sharpied on her face she'd think about cutting back on a martini or five.

Well she needs someone because none of her trips are on her dime.

None? Who told you that, Frankeliar? Anyway, Ramona busted that fake news.

Beth may vomit because Carole gave Sonja earrings?

Vomiting is the next best thing when the skinny gods won't answer your diarrhea prayers.

WHO is Evelyn!? 

Apparently nobody, given the unnecessary crypticism.

And I agree with the poster upthread, B’s boobs were way too exposed in the blue dress she wore shopping.

Her chest looks like two grapefruits on a carcass. Does she really think that shit looks good?

I still like Carole okay, and would rather she stay, but I might miss the Heather cameos the most.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Sonja was so fucking messy tonight. She was trying to play all sides. I think she'll lean towards Beth, if only because she doesn't want to get exiled again, but she'll hedge her bets if she can. Friendships be damned, Sonja's not giving up the Bravo paycheck  Free Skinny Jeans without a fight.

Sonja, IMO, is the most pathetic housewife ever, in all of the RH franchises. From the ridiculous toaster oven?TipsyGirl fiasco, to constantly baring her ass/whatever else she chooses to bare/ bidet usage/filthy living conditions....she actually disgust me.  This may belong in the Sonja thread, except that tonight's episode just was the icing on the messy Sonja cake.

She accepts the earrings, then runs to Bethenny complaining about the giver.

• Love 17
(edited)

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no. WWHL has half the viewers of RHoNY at best.

I'm sorry, I don't believe I mentioned polls; I mentioned the guests (most likely her peers).  I believe there is a difference, no?

Edited by albarino
clarification
8 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Exactly. She certainly comes across as (other than spending money on her) as pretty easy going -- she doesn't seem to get caught up in the drama and argument for argument's sake, she knows all the right people, she knows how to carry herself and converse at high-money events, and in some circles, she likely gives Scott more credibility as he is "new money" and she is not. I think that's part of the whole "IT Girl" persona -- they present themselves as out for fun and good times, nothing too serious, but not being bitches either. Even with her mugshot-related situation, she had the resources to hire lawyers and pr agents to manage everything and rebrand her -- all she had to go was go along with the plan. I wish I had the resources to be able to manage the bullshit in my life that way. Let someone else worry about it and do all the hard work -- so long as I trust them, just tell me what to do and where to sign -- thanks, time to jet off to Cartahena and go shopping -- let me know if I need to sign anything else -- thanks! I think we'd ALL be that way!! 

Well, Bethenny for sure has enough resources to be able to manage the bullshit in her life that way and she ain't, so I guess not everyone would.

8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Is there some kind of 30-60-day therapy rehab that Beth could check herself into? (No Instagram or Twitter privileges.)

Of course there is.  It's where celebs go for "exhaustion".  Bethenny would never go because it would give Jason extra time with Bryn while she was away and could possibly be used to make her seem like an unfit parent (although it seems like footage of this show could also do that).

50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no. WWHL has half the viewers of RHoNY at best. And likely only the most devoted of fans are voting in their online polls? It's a skewed sample.

There are a number of articles about how Bravo assesses the popularity of housewives. Those articles aren't in the Post; they are in Newspaper of Record. Bravo uses Facebook, Twitter, boards like this one (which is why they bought TWoP) , blogs, and podcasts to assess their shows and the casts. Bethenny is a deeply divisive personality. That's the reason she doesn't have her own show now. And the reason her show with Fredrik Ecklund crashed and burned. Bethenny sucks, but a shitty WWHL poll voted on by a couple of thousand people isn't capable of demonstrating how unlikeable she is.

Not only that, but as a viewer not on the East coast, I can't even be arsed to fiure out how to vote.  I suppose I could maybe go on the the website or app 3 hours ahead of when the show is on, but I don't care enough to look into it and surely don't care enough to remember to do it at whenever 3 hours ahead is (I don't even care enough to remember what time the show is actually on, let alone subtract 3 hours -- if it comes on I watch it, if not Tivo records it and I may or may not watch it.)

1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

What made me laugh even more is it seemed that Andy had almost just as much trouble as Ramona.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yeah. I guess. It was preachy and I guess that's Lu. "Uhh it's Mrs. DeLessepps....." (w the driver years back).  Dorinda's drunkness is her last security and boy was she pissed at Lu for not letting her hang onto it. Did Dorinda do a come to Jesus meeting re: Tom on cam? I don't recall she did. Dorinda wants that treatment back. 

But Lu wasn't staging an intervention she was telling her friend "Hey you're getting there". "Your going where you usually go and then you regret it the next day."

Had Lu done nothing I can believe that we would we have heard Dorinda say the next day "Why didn't you look out for me. Why did you let me show my ass."  and she would have felt it was Lu's fault to have allowed her to embarrass herself.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Just slightly over 1/3 according to the numbers from last night.

I watch on RHONY nights, but I never bother voting.  The most interesting thing to happen last night was Ramona pretty much calling Bethenny a liar about the timing of the texts from the guy with the red scarf.  It should be one hell of a reunion this season.  Wonder how many weeks it will be stretched out.  

Edited by ichbin
add 2nd paragraph
  • Love 4

When Lu gets drunk and falls in the bushes, I laugh..when Dorinda gets drunk and starts stabbing, breaking and fighting, I'm disgusted. One is a happy, fun drunk I would enjoy having a glass with myslelf...the other a monster I would never want to be alone with. 

• Love 14

Carole is a serial bff. She's spent this entire season gaslighting Bethenny and inventing excuses to be angry with her so she can break off their friendship because she's just done with her and wants to move on to Tinsley. Apparently Carole can only shadow one woman at a time. Now she's mystified as to why Bethenny would be hurt? I thought Bethenny could be hard, but Carole is one cold bitch.

bethenny-carole.jpg?fit=550,550&ssl=1

• Love 15
10 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

This show fascinates me because I think we are seeing these society women beginning the long slow slide down.

Luann developed her elegant facade after years of being on Italian TV, modeling and moving in minor aristocratic circles as the countess. But under that facade is an entitled shark who, facing a possibly penniless future, makes a determined beeline for the supposedly wealthy Tom, and when that fails, steals from her children. She's run back to rehab to try to escape the repercussions. (Who's paying for rehab?)

Tinsley is desperate for Scott's money and he has latched on to her for publicity for his business. I think Tinsley and her mother are desperately chasing faded debutante dreams. Not a good look.

Dorinda has become the mean blowsy drunk who is unraveling before our eyes.

Carole is the still-insecure teenage girl who was not classically pretty growing up and is making other women pay for it. She's a power-fucker and uses people to feed her sense of entitlement and competition with other women. The tacky Instrgram commercials tell the real story - scrambling for money, no career any longer, trying to stay relevant. She misjudged her behaviors, can't stand the blowback, and is getting off of TV.

Unless Sonja finds a man to support her, her future is not bright.

Bethenny is a miserable mess and I pity her child. Her money allows her to escape the consequences of a lot of her actions.

The survivor? Ramona, the canny narcissist/sociopath who will somehow survive, probably because of a divorce settlement that her financial team is carefully managing. She'll survive because she doesn't give a rat's ass about other people. Her risk is a clever, seductive Lothario appealing to her vanity and convincing her to give him her money.

Brilliant. You should write for a living. So delicious, I want more...what happens next?!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Giselle said:

But Lu wasn't staging an intervention she was telling her friend "Hey you're getting there". "Your going where you usually go and then you regret it the next day."

Had Lu done nothing I can believe that we would we have heard Dorinda say the next day "Why didn't you look out for me. Why did you let me show my ass."  and she would have felt it was Lu's fault to have allowed her to embarrass herself.

No. She said Dorinda was turning and Dorinda was being aggressive. Nothing about regret the next day IIRC it came across to me as personal like you're doing something wrong to me- not you're doing something wrong to yourself you're going to regret tomorrow. I disagree I don't think (at the time, or the next day) that Dorinda thinks there is anything wrong with her slurring outbursts. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, jaync said:

None? Who told you that, Frankeliar? Anyway, Ramona busted that fake new

Nope, Ramona busted one trips airfare.  The rest was on Bethenny.  And we haven’t even listed the ski trips, there were two.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, albarino said:

I'm sorry, I don't believe I mentioned polls; I mentioned the guests.  I believe there is a difference, no?

1 hour ago, albarino said:

If Carole wanted to stay on the show, she seriously misjudged the audience reaction to her.  This must sting for such a cool, hip person.  The audience has REJECTED you.  

You mentioned "the audience" in your earlier post. Apparently, the WWHL guests are all Nielsen viewers because that's the only way they could represent and "speak for" thousands of individuals in the audience as you mentioned in your earlier post. Because otherwise, each WWHL guest is an audience sampling of one.

Ironically, I've been a Nielsen viewer many times (2 or 3 times for the diaries and once for the set top box for a year) and I don't hate Carole. So I've literally been representing what you watch in states across the Midwest and South for a decade.

• Love 5