Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Guess Who's Arguing at Dinner?

• Start Topic

(edited)

The story about Carole’s departure is up on the Bravo website.  It references focusing on projects more suited to her {superior} nature.  It was funny tonight, when once again, she claimed to be very busy with “.........” things.

Bless her heart, if she really had something in the works she could have used it as a storyline a la Kyle on BH.  Oh wait,  she’ll never complete it to promote it.  

The other funny line in the Bravo piece referenced her “major” accomplishments this year like having her essay published in Cosmo and, of course, “running the Marathon” [read in Ronnie & Ben’s voices from the Watch What Crappens Podcast].

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

Best ep so far this season.  At first I was irritated that the conversations were over each other but then I started to appreciate the art that it was lol

'We weren't drunk we were having drinks!'

And Dorinda tells Bethenny and Carole that she only had two glasses of wine.    I watched this episode twice tonight and saw Dorinda drinking Margaritas at the table. 

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

What was with Bethenny's line about the street beverage? "They give you diarrhea? I pray for diarrhea every day"? It reminded me of the line in The Devil Wears Prada where the woman says she's only 1 stomach virus away from her goal weight. 

I figured she is constipated because she barely eats.  I mean it would explain her stick up her ass attitude.  Probably she needs a good crap to get it out.  Maybe the street juice will work, one can only hope!

Edited by fountain
  • Love 18

Oh WWHL is very interesting.  Ramona is just gushing about Carole.  But every poll and the guest, Meghan McCain, are all team Luann and major team Bethenny.  Ramona is not comfortable with it.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh my God, Carole slinking in like the snake she is trying to get Sonja to talk garbage, is crazy. If Carole can't see what she' done she is not bright. Carole, and her, "if you cry over six"  is not empathetic. Shut up snake.

Yes.  Dorinda does the same thing.  She slinks where somebody is alone and talks smack about all the others.  Nosey.

• Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Oh WWHL is very interesting.  Ramona is just gushing about Carole.  But every poll and the guest, Meghan McCain, are all team Luann and major team Bethenny.  Ramona is not comfortable with it.

Yes, the  ladies do seem to be staging a mutiny against B.  Wonder what she thought of all of the drama queen talking heads and lack of sympathy in tonight’s episode, in her own talking head she even mentioned the joke that fell flat.  Must suck for her and it is very deserved.

Edited by escatefromny
  • Love 15
Just now, escatefromny said:

Yes, they ladies do seem to be staging a mutiny against B.  Wonder what she thought of all of the drama queen talking heads and lack of sympathy in tonight’s episode, in her own talking head she even mentioned the joke that fell flat.  Must suck for her and it is very deserved.

Suck for her?  Carole’s leaving.  Take notes Ramona you could be next.  If you look at the history it is not Bethenny that leaves.  My guess is that Ramona thinks her best option is to buddy up with Dorinda for next season.  Dorinda will be looking for a partner now that her current buddy is leaving.  I can tell you from SM that Luann is in contact with Bethenny off season.  Ramona could try to be Tinsley’s new bestie.  Hahahaha, I would love to see that.

• Love 7

OMG, Ramona is saying all the same things that the gossip columns are saying about Bethenny/Carol.  I guess Ramona needs to pay for the home renovation some how.  She’s really coming off nasty.   She could be Carol’s bestie.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I wonder if Carole is leaving because  Eve was found out? It better come out at the reunion!!!!

Who’s Eve?

But, what was she doing that made Lu say "There she goes" and accuse her of getting aggressive? I didn't see her get aggressive, until then. Did we miss something?

Dorinda was drinking too much and started to get aggressive like she knows how.

• Love 8

There's a book called "I Hate You--Don't Leave Me: Understanding the Borderline Personality". I never read it but I love the title. LOL  Anyway, it reminds me of Bethenny.

I get that she's genuinely bereaving her lost friendship. But she needs to ask herself - why would anyone want to remain friends with someone who always wants to play defense and offense? There are no winners in that type of relationship. Her deep rooted lack of trust is exhausting. That said Carole is no prize either. For someone who has been relentless in showing how laid back and above-it-all she is: why would she bring up their strained relationship during a group dinner? Yeah, I know it's standard HW practice but it just seemed so passive-aggressive.

• Love 22
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't believe Ramona about the texts. She had her liar face on and Andy seemed ready to bring receipts. I can not wat for the reunion.

They already filmed the reunion and Andy seemed surprised to hear about the texts. The reunion is going to be a bloodbath because Luann isn't there and Bethenny has done stuff to fuck each one of them over. By all accounts, everyone comes for Bethenny because Bethenny is a manipulative narcissist.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16

I think everyone is awful. And everyone is going after Bethany because she's a bitch and they all want her power.

I know the reunion has been filmed, that's why I think his expression was so interesting.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Let me admit two things first:

1. I like Bethenny most of the time. I think she is funny and smart even though she is a pain in the ass and is very often a huge hypocrite. The show would not be the same for me without her. I would not want to be her friend but I like watching her on this show.

2. Bethenny was a disaster on this trip and should have stayed home. I 100% agree that they other women had every right to be annoyed and exhausted by her endless histrionics.

BUT Carole was a stone cold jerk with her throwaway line about how Bethenny has a great life and that she, Carole, could not even fathom what could make someone with such a great life so upset. Even if Bethenny was not in the middle of a contentious custody battle (which she is also partly to blame for), this is a ridiculous statement from Carole. Life is hard and people have a right to be sad or upset or overwhelmed or emotional over things even if they have money and a nice apartment and their health. Bethenny was 100% correct tonight when she said Carole was “too cool” for her because Carole never seems to feel anything. Or she at least likes to pretend that she doesn’t and then projects that into not being able to understand when someone else does feel something. 

No question about this.

However, I think Dorinda, as much of an asshole as she is, said what they probably all feel -- Beth can be so nasty when it comes to dealing with their emotions that it's probably hard to feel compassion at times for her.  You get what you get.  

• Love 15
(edited)

Lol. All of this concerted effort to topple B and Carol backed out, they turned Lu into a B friend, Sonja still has her back, and it leaves the psychotic drunk Dorinda and crazy eyes Ramona. Oh, I can not wait to see those bitches crawl next year.

Note, as usual Tinsley is a non entity.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Taralightner said:

“Eve” could be a reference to All About Eve- a classic movie about a woman who pretends to be someone she’s not, but gets “found out” by someone who knows her and can see through her act.  I’m not sure that I’m correct, because I didn’t post it, but it makes sense in context. 

Sorry all...I shortened the name ....it's Evelyn.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, snarts said:

Carole trying (& failing) to hide her smile while Dorinda repeats all the nasty things she said to Luann was disgusting. 

Carole hates LuAnn which is why I called foul when they were at the spa and Carole came to her room trying to make nice.  

• Love 7

I don't believe what Ramona said about the texts from Red Scarf Guy and neither did Andy. He seemed baffled and replied that the texts had been read aloud (and discussed, I guess) at the reunion. Ramona was babbling and not making any sense, per usual.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

However, I think Dorinda, as much of an asshole as she is, said what they probably all feel -- Beth can be so nasty when it comes to dealing with their emotions that it's probably hard to feel compassion at times for her.  You get what you get.  

When will Dorinda get her's?

• Love 10

But, what was she doing that made Lu say "There she goes" and accuse her of getting aggressive? I didn't see her get aggressive, until then. Did we miss something?

I could see it happening. For Dorinda, it starts with slurring her words and gesticulating in a very animated way. When she does that, a nasty tirade directed at the nearest target is sure to follow shortly. I think Lu saw the signs and knew Mean Dorinda was about to come out, even though Dorinda hadn't said anything nasty at that point. 

1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

Luanne was looking out for Dorinda.  These ladies are in a foreign country, where Dotinda’s drunken outbursts could easily lead to an arrest.  Dorinda is a hot mess.  She may not have liked Bethenny’s delivery, but Bethenny was absolutely right, Dorinda has a really bad drinking problem.  Carole and Tinsley’s defense of Dorinda was ridiculous.  They know fully well that Dorinda’s behavior is out of control when she drinks too much.

I don't know how Carole and Tinsley could have been defending her. Maybe neither of them has happened to be on the receiving end of a drunk Dorinda verbal attack.

I also think Bethenny was correct that the things Dorinda said about Luanne were not her true feelings. In the flashback they showed with Bethenny's charity friends, Dorinda didn't even know those people and she started attacking them. As Bethenny said, it's about how Dorinda feels about herself. She's angry and sad inside, because her life hasn't turned out like she expected as she told Bethenny on the plane.

• Love 24
Just now, absolutelyido said:

I could see it happening. For Dorinda, it starts with slurring her words and gesticulating in a very animated way. When she does that, a nasty tirade directed at the nearest target is sure to follow shortly. I think Lu saw the signs and knew Mean Dorinda was about to come out, even though Dorinda hadn't said anything nasty at that point. 

I don't know how Carole and Tinsley could have been defending her. Maybe neither of them has happened to be on the receiving end of a drunk Dorinda verbal attack.

I also think Bethenny was correct that the things Dorinda said about Luanne were not her true feelings. In the flashback they showed with Bethenny's charity friends, Dorinda didn't even know those people and she started attacking them. As Bethenny said, it's about how Dorinda feels about herself. She's angry and sad inside, because her life hasn't turned out like she expected as she told Bethenny on the plane.

Exactly on all of this.

• Love 5

For sure Dorinda was feeling her drinks, but Luann started that fracas.  Prior to that the ladies down that end of the table were just drinking and chatting.  

Luann:  How are the margaritas.

Dorinda:  What?  (Not aggressively.  It appeared she simply hadn't properly heard what had been said)

L:  She's startin.

D:  No, I'm not starting. Don't say that. You should start.

L:  Dorinda, you start turning.  (Here it sounded like Dorinda was denying it.)

L:  You start turning. Yes you do.  Lookit.  You're getting aggressive right now.

Then it escalated.

As for everything else that went on, all I can say is that the perimenopause and menopause phases can make for a rough time.   Out of the entire bunch, the only two  who probably aren't going through one or the other are Tinsley and Ramona.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

You may be right that Bethenny is skipping texts, but Carol also seems to skip those details that don't fit with her narrative. Carole does seem to have other friends, but we've also seen her be a mean girl too (with Jules)  and I feel she's being a mean girl now.  If she doesn't want to remain friends with Bethenny then she should be more honest about that.

Yes yes ? yes

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lady of nod said:

I'm only 8 minutes in and I already have had enough of B's woe is me crap.  God she is a soul sucking narcissist. Dorinda Carol and even Ramona have got her number.  I feel like I'm watching a rerun of the "poor me I'm homeless cab ride"  How bout being thankful for a goddamn minute for what you have instead of freaking out about the life you've created. Stop buying a new apt every year if you don't like moving.  You have a boatload of money so take some time off and get your shit together for your kid. And stop being a super bitch to your friends if you want to keep them.  

Agree!

• Love 13