Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So  is Meghan a Trump supporter now?  Since when aren't you allowed to criticize people in your own party?  I can't remember who said it but the quote is "I didn't leave the party, the party left me".  Sounds like Meghan is saying the GOP belongs to Trump now.  

She kept saying she didn't vote for him and that she, of all people, has every reason in the world to dislike Trump. I'm sorry but I just don't believe her anymore. She may not have voted for him but I think she's now a supporter. 

17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There is a lot of crosstalk today. I think it's a combination of things. Sunny especially seems excited on Friday shows because she's finally able to speak without Whoopi stonewalling her and Meh-gun is nervous without Whoopi there to protect the poor baby.

Good observation and I agree. Sunny definitely is more willing to speak up and not put on that coy-girl act because Whoopi isn't there. Also, I think Meghan is more tense and prone to her ridiculous temper tantrums because she knows Whoopi isn't there to back her up or cut to commercial break before things get too heated.

Whew! Well, on a lighter note I do enjoy "What Would You Do" and John Quiñones seems like an incredibly nice person. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Did you all burst out laughing when Meghan said she never wants to offend anyone?

Yes I did! And then I hit refresh on this page!

7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She kept saying she didn't vote for him and that she, of all people, has every reason in the world to dislike Trump. I'm sorry but I just don't believe her anymore. She may not have voted for him but I think she's now a supporter. 

She doesn't care as long as her "team" wins, which is why I found her argument with Tara so interesting. Tara was making the point that selling out Conservative ideas wasn't worth two Supreme Court nominees. Meghan flipped out because she has sold her soul to try to gain party approval.

• Love 24
21 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Everyone!  Please check your PMs!  I will be sending you each a message with a link to the GoFundMe account I have set up to send Meghan to a manners class. Please contribute whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm pretty sure she's been there, done that!!  One of the basic requirements of having Cindy McCain for a Mother.  Unfortunately, the entitled Miss Meggie doesn't "get manners"!!!!

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

This is what's gonna happen.  I think she's gonna quit ON AIR and burn a lot of bridges doing so.  If y'all thought Star leaving was some mess, you aint seen nothin' yet.

I can't wait

Now that you brought it up....the other day when Joy alluded to missing Star....what do you think that meant?  I didn't watch the show then so I have no reference to Joy's comment.

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Now that you brought it up....the other day when Joy alluded to missing Star....what do you think that meant?  I didn't watch the show then so I have no reference to Joy's comment.

She was talking about one her books, where the protagonist would clash with his roommates and when they left, he missed their presence. Hence, her wistfulness for Star. They used to clash on air, but, it was not, as toxic as, Megan or Bitsy.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Everyone!  Please check your PMs!  I will be sending you each a message with a link to the GoFundMe account I have set up to send Meghan to a manners class. Please contribute whatever you feel comfortable with.

Sorry. I ain't paying anything for that TWAT. She is mannerless but doesn't believe she is and will always insist she is right and the victim.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

2)  Meghan had an absolute hissy fit when there was reference to the trump supporters as a "CULT".  (and then twisted those words around - "so you're saying that 89% of republican voters are in  a cult?   that EVERYONE who voted for trump is in a cult?"  

If it talks like a cult and acts like a cult...…….

• Love 17

I sent a tweet to Ms. McCain today basically saying that she proves money doesn't buy you class.. and that she exhibits the most negative stereotype of millenials, the GOP, and of women (entitled, closed minded, and overly emotional).  It falls on deaf ears, but it felt nice to give her feedback.  

Jed may have annoyed people, but at least she would listen to the other side and sometimes even agree with their point after listening.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is embarrassing today and I hate to say it, but, Whoopie reins her in, better than Joy. My ears are hurting, her voice....

Haven't seen anything yet but I will say, if people really want to see Meghan leave, then it's probably best if Whoopi took more off days and Joy took over the moderator seat more often. Meghan's childishness is never fully exposed because Whoopi steps in, and usually to appease Meghan. If they're running out of time, Meghan will always get the last few seconds she needs to end the segment with her thoughts. She doesn't specifically call out Meghan for speaking over people but will jump in when others (Joy, Sunny) push back. Whoopi always calms the fray with Meghan by referring to her as 'baby', a coddling tactic that's there to remind Meghan she's got a friend at the table. Whoopi occasionally calls out Meghan and you can tell by Meghan's reactions to Whoopi when that happens is that she's not only taken aback by it, but instead of demonstrating her offensive reaction with anger as she does with Joy and Sunny, she shows more hurt with Whoopi. Whatever, Joy keep the seat, lol.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Tara called a spade a spade and Meggie lost her tiny mind. Tara is a conservative who knows her stuff.  I am glad that she said it and not the others..

And she tried her best to shame Tara into walking back the "cult" comment (repeated from her last visit to the show) and was flummoxed when Tara refused. Usually screaming and acting like a victim works for Meh-gun. We get to watch that What Would You Do clip of the rude, disrespectful brat play out everyday on this show with McCain. Sara and Whoopi are like that toxic mother, enabling her every tantrum.

On another note, I think Sunny particularly enjoyed calling out Kylie Jenner because those criticisms also apply to the rude piece of trash sitting to the left of her...

• Love 24
Just now, maggiemae said:

Shutty Sarah - I'm tired of things being kept behind closed doors and secret. Only breeds leaks and fake news and innuendo.

Ugh. Sara said that having the cameras rolling during the Strzok hearing only proves how uncivil politics have become. I agree with Joy - I want to see what's going on. I want to see what they're asking and what a hot mess they are. It can't be "fake news" if we all see it with our own eyes and hear it with our own ears.

25 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Based on the description of today's show, I'm wondering how hard they're going to work behind the scenes to find clips to put on their Youtube channel for today's show, lol.

As of now, no clips from today's show are uploaded on YouTube. There's no way they can edit out what happened during the first segment like they have previously unless they decide not to upload it at all, lol. 

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

As of now, no clips from today's show are uploaded on YouTube. There's no way they can edit out what happened during the first segment like they have previously unless they decide not to upload it at all, lol. 

Hulu should have it all later these evening.  And if they do edit it out some website will still show the clips.

• Love 7
(edited)

Cult cult cult...that's for MM lol.

She was losing it.  And I'm here for it.

I'm with Joy, I want to see these hearings.

MM loves telling Republicans  to leave the party that don't agree with her an trump. She's just a spoiled child. MM's voice was pretty unbearable. How dare she scold the audience.

Sara 's hair omg !

I love John Quinones.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

This is what's gonna happen.  I think she's gonna quit ON AIR and burn a lot of bridges doing so.  If y'all thought Star leaving was some mess, you aint seen nothin' yet.

I can't wait. 

Oh boy!!! Christmas comes early for me!!  Please, please, Santa, I've been good (relatively). ;)

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Who at ABC does Meh-gun have blackmail material on that they coddle her this way to the point they'll wash YouTube clips clean to hide her hateful, moronic behavior?

• Love 6

Today's show was gold in terms of how childish Megan is. Bitch would not shut up. Tara gave a good read of what the Republican Party is. Sunny is right. They are complacent with everything he is doing as long as they get what they want. This is why I never feel bad about anything happening to Megan and her cries of victimization.

• Love 21
(edited)

I just can't turn on when Jeanine Pirro is on next week. 

i look  pretty oh so pretty when I wear braids: show a picture.  I look pretty. 

Who can understand a damn thing what anyone says  when she bulldozes over everyone ?  Wait a turn bitch.  If I needed to understand Trumps base before  I don't any longer , thanks anyway MM I think I have a clear picture. 

I am surprised Sunny said she got slammed about Jenner because the majority of comments on The View Facebook  support her . 

Edited by athousandclowns
I hate my iPad mini
  • Love 9

I'm now pretty sure MM will never refer to Tara as "one my best friends.".. or "one of my conservative friends in media".  LOL.  Between this appearance and her last, I think MM is threatened Tara will take her spot.  I don't even understand why MM took such offense to what Tara was saying.  Whether it's 5% or 85% of the republican party, there is a demographic of his supporters who are cult-like in that they believe every lie the President says.  Those are people Tara was referring to.  She's quick to say people like Breitbart aren't part of her republican party, but she takes offense with Tara calling the Trump supporters who likely follow Breitbart a cult.  

MM made a statement about being extremely pro-life, and therefore happy with the Supreme Court picks.   She's willing to accept all of Trump's BS for those picks (this was my interpretation her her screeching).   Has she always expressed that view?  I only started back watching semi-regularly this year, and I've seen Sunny express her pro-life views based on her religious faith.  But I never took MM to be particularly religious, or that pro-life would even be in her top 3 conservative values.  

• Love 20
(edited)
6 hours ago, After7Only said:

MM made a statement about being extremely pro-life, and therefore happy with the Supreme Court picks.   She's willing to accept all of Trump's BS for those picks (this was my interpretation her her screeching).   Has she always expressed that view?  I only started back watching semi-regularly this year, and I've seen Sunny express her pro-life views based on her religious faith.  But I never took MM to be particularly religious, or that pro-life would even be in her top 3 conservative values.  

Yes, MM is pandering to that segment of the "cult" who will overlook everything else to say, "well at least we'll stop women from getting abortions."   It's despicable, but it's been a huge GOP platform forever.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 16
(edited)
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Robin is in the wrong age group (by decades) to have anything close to the beauty-business success of any Kardashian/Jenner offspring.   Their "followers" alone guarantee gigantic sales of any product simply by reading about it on Twitter.   Social media and demographics by age, baby.

5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And as Sunny (I think) noted it wasn't Kylie calling herself self-made.  It was Forbes magazine who called her that.  Since when is Whoopi a Kardashian defender?

Kylie Jenner was born on third base and hit a homerun. But I will pull a Meghan and I *will* say that Kylie did some very smart things, such as 

A) Not partnering with a conglomerate that would take half the proceeds

B) Putting her name on a quality product that will ensure repeat business (if it was crap, people would buy it once for the novelty and it would have died on the vine like most other Kardashian brands)

C) Posting very user-friendly videos of herself and friends going through the new product and color palettes, demonstrating her favorite combos, techniques, et cetera. In a past life she would have been a great Revlon lady.

Tera is on today??? Thank you all for posting the YouTube links!

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 7
(edited)

Well, today was a shriekfest.

The Pretty: Sunny's jumpsuit was so colourful. I loved it. Also, Meghan's dress, hair and make-up were absolutely gorgeous! For once, the dress actually fit.

The Ugly: Meghan's personality. Damn. 

The Funny: While MM was ranting about Trey Gowdy (and saying he was one of the 'good' ones who were retiring - and the audience started to clap - and MM turned on the audience to stop clapping), Joy turned to the audience and said, 'No, he's not. Go ahead, clap.'

Sunny's faces when Joy said, 'Shut up about the bell!'

The Good: Tara Setmayer. Thank  God she was there! I've seen her on CNN and I do not agree with most of her views, but DAMN, she brought it today! With MM sniping about 'Why *are* you still a Republican if you think they're so awful?' Tara held her own and able to actually complete her sentence(s).

The Absurd: MM - 'I... just can't. I need to lie down. Where's the fainting couch? I need my smelling salts!'

O. M. G.

Edited by fishsanwitt
Because Tara's last name was wrong.
  • Love 21
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

To hell with the bell, they need a shock collar to get MMM to shut up when it is not her turn to speak.

My dream is that HUNDREDS of collars are sent to The View's executive producer with a gift card for Meghan.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM made a statement about being extremely pro-life, and therefore happy with the Supreme Court picks.  (snip)   Has she always expressed that view?   (snip)  But I never took MM to be particularly religious, or that pro-life would even be in her top 3 conservative values.  

She has said that she, her family, and her in-laws are religious.  She has expressed her Pro-Life sentiment as far as abortion is concerned; she specifically called abortion "murder."   As for other aspects of "life" (like the death penalty), we haven't heard her speak.

• Love 3

Was Mehgan really hired to present and fight for the views of all those who voted for Trump?

I had the idea that her father was well known and she was a self-described "pundint" who was happy to be the "lone" Republican at the table.  Nothing more.

• Whoopi represents her own views (meandering tho' they be) and tells others what to think.
  • Joy professes what she believes.
  • Sunny gives us her Catholic-conservative thoughts and views...and is willing to make slight changes.
  • Sara gives us her "mid-America" views while wanting all of us to like her.

Was Mehgan really hired to present and fight for the views of all those who voted for Trump?

• Love 5

BRAIDS.     All cultures have had some sort of hair-braiding technique going back to ancient times (B.C. or B.C.E.).  White people who had never seen other ethnicities managed to create braids.  It was a depiction of beauty and art for both men and women.  Just because modern ladies don't know their history, they should not assume/declare that one culture is stealing a style from another culture.   Sunny seems to get more narrow-minded about some things while her mind gets opened about others.

I guess I like it when someone has enough self-assurance to say, "I look pretty."  Sounds weird, though.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I sent a tweet to Ms. McCain today basically saying that she proves money doesn't buy you class.. and that she exhibits the most negative stereotype of millenials, the GOP, and of women (entitled, closed minded, and overly emotional).  It falls on deaf ears, but it felt nice to give her feedback.

I went to the ABC programming feedback page and did the same. Meghan is exhausting.

As for her support of Trump, while she's personally offended by him because of how he speaks of her father, remember that her husband is a wannabe conservative rising star and her father-in-law works for Trump's government. She's too afraid to speak out against Trump and his policies because of her marriage.

Pick a side, Meghan. Someone I used to know said that if you're so careful to straddle both sides, when you have one leg on one side and your other leg on the other side, all you do is piss all over the middle. Seems true here.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

BRAIDS.     All cultures have had some sort of hair-braiding technique going back to ancient times (B.C. or B.C.E.).  White people who had never seen other ethnicities managed to create braids.  It was a depiction of beauty and art for both men and women.  Just because modern ladies don't know their history, they should not assume/declare that one culture is stealing a style from another culture.   Sunny seems to get more narrow-minded about some things while her mind gets opened about others.

I guess I like it when someone has enough self-assurance to say, "I look pretty."  Sounds weird, though.

I think that Sunny was referring to corn rows, that is specific to the Fulani people of Africa; not the art, of braiding one's hair. Laura ingalls wore braids in little house on the prairie. I don't think anybody would accuse her of cultural appropriation. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

Pick a side, Meghan. Someone I used to know said that if you're so careful to straddle both sides, when you have one leg on one side and your other leg on the other side, all you do is piss all over the middle. Seems true here.

My saying is you will get splinters sitting on the fence so much.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I just can't turn on when Jeanine Pirro is on next week.

Really?! Even that may be drawing the line for me. I tried to search online about her appearance on The View but all I saw was a previous appearance in 2013, I believe. Perhaps she will be on next week and it just didn’t show up in my online search. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Really?! Even that may be drawing the line for me. I hope I don’t get in trouble for this but I will never forget when she went on a hunt for Hillary Clinton in NY during one of her segments. I mean at what point does the ridiculousness end?! I tried to search online about her appearance on The View but all I saw was a previous appearance in 2013, I believe. Perhaps she will be on next week and it just didn’t show up in my online search. 

My DVR says ep 203 Thursday TV personality Jeanine Pierro followed Friday:  Jennifer Garner 

7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny especially seems excited on Friday shows because she's finally able to speak without Whoopi stonewalling her

Except when Joy told her to shut up about the bell. (Cue the coy schoolgirl look).

7 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Can we also include enought to have that foot removed from her mouth and extract the stick in her ass? 

And maybe add in a dictionary, too.

4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I am surprised Sunny said she got slammed about Jenner because the majority of comments on The View Facebook  support her . 

I thought the same thing because so far I've seen most people are on the Kylie-is-not-self-made bus. 

Maybe Sunny meant she was slammed by her cohosts.

2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Just because modern ladies don't know their history, they should not assume/declare that one culture is stealing a style from another culture.   Sunny seems to get more narrow-minded about some things while her mind gets opened about others.

Joy also mentioned Elvis' hip-swinging and Sunny said, "that wasn't original. He appropriated it."

Geez! Being politically correct is hard these days. 

• Love 1

Tara was epic, and was the only thing I actually enjoyed today from what little I could hear. Once again I screamed at my television so loud for that fat bitch to shut up that I woke up my poor senile shih tzu.  And no dear, you look ugly and stupid in braids, but keep on wearing them, after all, you are such a pretty girl. Jesus! What an ego! Blaughhhhhhhhh!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

I apologize in advance. The maelstrom on The View today has me loopy LMAO

C0E0D210-C33A-468E-B9F6-595F16C331A3.gif

ETA: what is it with me and Steve Carell today?

Everyday is a good day for Steve Carell. He's a great palate cleanser after all the red faced screeching.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Joy also mentioned Elvis' hip-swinging and Sunny said, "that wasn't original. He appropriated it."

Hey!  That's my era; I'm two years older than Joy.   I listened to the "colored" music and went to see it performed...properly.  Elvis's gyrations were original.

• Love 16
(edited)
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan was going to take her ball and go home at one point, yet there she still is.

Wouldn't it be funny* if she did get so riled up she stomped off the stage...and Tara was waiting to walk right in and plop herself down?

*FABUOUS

Edited by Former Nun
merge wasn't appropriate.
  • Love 11