Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Meh-gan was annoying as usual, but not unduly so. She looked terrible though. My God.

Thank you, Joy! A dear friend of mine used to say, "Catch 'em young and train 'em right!" (Obviously, they were of age - just thought I'd put that out there).

Dershowitz was not... crazy... on the show. He's definitely a very smart man and he spoke very knowledgeably. I liked Sunny and Joy and even Whoopi questioning him.

I really like Sara but every time she defends MM, I just shake my head. "Be your own dog!" That's what my husband says when I'm vacillating. Don't be so naive, Sara!

• Love 9
(edited)

Meggie is definitely trying to be Joy's bestie after the break.

Questioning Dershowitz, she sounded like the uninformed idiot she is, and when she challenged him and paraphrased what he said, he countered with saying, he did not say that.  He could have gone after her, but then he went back to his syrupy sweet tack, which he outlined right at the beginning.  But no gotcha moment for Meggie today.

Sunny's body language was clear on her feelings about Dershowitz, plus she is friends with Toobin, who has been openly at odds with Dershowitz.

Whoopi at one point clarified she wasn't picking on Sunny, when it did indeed sound like she had.  Sunny did her pouty face, and said, oh you are not picking on me, and Whoopi snarled back, you'll KNOW when I am picking on you.  Yes Whoopi, we all know, cause she is your favourite target.

Edited by bannana
grammar
  • Love 22
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I left the room when Dershowitz came on.  Not interested in listening to the guy.

Too bad.  You would have seen some guy you've NEVER SEEN BEFORE!  He was positive giddy when he started talking.  I've seen him mostly on cable news channels where he's pissed, dour, and argumentative.  Maybe someone gave him an injection a few minutes before he was wheeled* out.

*Just joking.  He can walk.   Wait!  I've never seen him walk...I'm just assuming.

Edited by Former Nun
merge wasn't appropriate.
  • Love 10
(edited)
22 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I appreciated Joy's comments today, but it's hard for her to get a word in edgewise these days since Meh-gun deliberately talks over her nonstop.

Apparently no one is going to stop her.  Meghan's unacceptably rude and condescending to Joy...when she has NO STATUS from which to condescend!   I look forward to her next status: unemployed.

Edited by Former Nun
's
  • Love 19
(edited)

It will  haunt Sunny saying Kavanaugh is a moderate conservative.

Sara honey Kavanaugh was putting on a show.  Is she really that naïve?

What state you live in should not decide whether a woman has a right to have an abortion or not.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 17
(edited)
18 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Too bad.  You would have seen some guy you've NEVER SEEN BEFORE!  He was positive giddy when he started talking.  I've seen him mostly on cable news channels where he's pissed, dour, and argumentative.  Maybe someone gave him an injection a few minutes before he was wheeled* out.

*Just joking.  He can walk.   Wait!  I've never seen him walk...I'm just assuming.

Yes, I was like ,damn who's this guy? All smiley and giddy. I ve watched him on many shows and I've never seen him like this....books must sold.

Sara, I just can't with her.  Her absolute naivete bugs me. Yeah, the the scotus nominee is probably amazing because of his speech. Are you f'n kidding me?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Where is everybody???? I usually watch The View with tablet in hand reading this forum's posts. Jalady posted 12 mins ago, but thats it. I miss everyone's insight!!! HI JALADY!

3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Taking a break?  I've had enough of MM, for a while!   

I'm taking a break from news, and also a break from The View.  Hopefully if/when I return in the fall MM will be gone from The View.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Was Dershowitz not more of a liberal many, many, many years ago?  

He still is very liberal.  He was talking about the law and everyone's right to a fair trial, basically.  He is all about the letter of the law dismissing personalities or public opinion of right and wrong.  Many things can be wrong but not illegal.  I thought he did well and that maybe because he totally dismissed MM with one sentence.  "I didn't say that."  Boom.  She drank from her cup.  

• Love 20
(edited)
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

I knew Meghan would zero in on Dershowitz being shunned by the liberal elite.

He's one of the freaking elites! Hardly Oliver Twist holding his empty bowl.

They strip people's rights down to nothing (or support it), and then expect to mingle with decent people with consciences. Fuck your "right" to be accepted at Martha's Vineyard. Fuck your "right" not to be flipped off by a sushi chef. Fuck your having the nerve to go out and eat Mexican food after caging Mexican babies. Want to be accepted by the liberal elites? Act like you give a damn about the people the liberal elites care about.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 24
(edited)

#AlanDersh is pretty much a Trump toadie on all the news shows but presented himself differently today. Read his tweets and watch some of his tv appearances to get a clearer picture. Pretty effective gas lighting today on the show. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Apparently no one is going to stop her.  Meghan unacceptably rude and condescending to Joy...when she has NO STATUS from which to condescend!   I look forward to her next status: unemployed.

It was five years ago today that Elisabeth got the "so sorry to see you go so quickly (kick!)" treatment. I was so happy about it that I posted about it on Facebook and it came up in my "On This Day" memories!

• Love 22

“ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES LIBERALS!!!” Meghan, do you not see this as a consequence? I thought she didn’t vote for Trump. Eye roll. 

She loves throwing Joy around as this woman with super far out left wing beliefs. Go home, Arizona. Joy used to have her own show where she’d interview people of all walks of life—the scope of her guests was beyond liberal and conservative politicians. 

Also, they need to cancel Meghan’s book club picks. We know she doesn’t read. It’s clear she watches cable news nonstop and simply echoes “analysis” she’s heard from right wing pundits on Fox and CNN. None of her thoughts are original. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

Also, they need to cancel Meghan’s book club picks. We know she doesn’t read. It’s clear she watches cable news nonstop and simply echoes “analysis” she’s heard from right wing pundits on Fox and CNN. None of her thoughts are original. 

Nope, she watches reality TV and it shows in her lack of knowledge about what Trump is doing to our country. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

Nope, she watches reality TV and it shows in her lack of knowledge about what Trump is doing to our country. 

She doesn't care what Trump is doing to this country.   None of it affects her. 

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

She'll probably include at least one of her dad's books. 

I do hope that Whoopi eases up on Sunny, but I doubt it. Why make "jokes" on Sunny's parenting? Everyone knows how Sunny feels about her chicken, so why criticize her book pick about chickens? Damn, Whoopi. Just let Sunny live.

• Love 20
32 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sigh, you are right, she really doesn't. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'm taking a break from news, and also a break from The View.  Hopefully if/when I return in the fall MM will be gone from The View.

I am too.  I tune in occasionally and read here most days.  I have to back away from the news because it is affecting my overall mood.  

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Jan Levenson said:

She loves throwing Joy around as this woman with super far out left wing beliefs. Go home, Arizona. Joy used to have her own show where she’d interview people of all walks of life—the scope of her guests was beyond liberal and conservative politicians. 

Well, when you're practically deranged like Meh-gun, even a moderate would seem far left.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Former Nun said:

"Back in the days" most rich women could usually get safe abortions for their daughters/themselves from a local the family doctor* relied on--if they didn't want a sudden vacation.

*Or other hush-hush referrals 

He's on afternoon news panels on MSNBC and CNN ... usually the lone dissenting voice.  He always seems pissed off, so I'll be interested to see how he is on The View (it's not on yet here).

So few people remember this now. They simply scheduled a d & c (before there were other methods). 

• Love 8

Oh yeah, the classic old D and C, I remember it well. By the way, I hate to admit this but old old old Alan D. didn't make me want to vomit today, he was actually charming, don't scream at me. Kisses to all. ?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

They simply scheduled a d & c (before there were other methods). 

And so many of us (my age group especially...I'm 78) simply believed the D&C stories without question.  There were MANY such procedures...as there are today.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I do hope that Whoopi eases up on Sunny, but I doubt it. Why make "jokes" on Sunny's parenting? Everyone knows how Sunny feels about her chicken, so why criticize her book pick about chickens? Damn, Whoopi. Just let Sunny live.

I hope Sunny is taking LOTS of note and one day SHE can write a book or two.   Actually, she could write a Young Adult book on bullying right now and use her own veiled experiences--without naming names, of course.

8 hours ago, Jan Levenson said:

May I add that all-important pillow talk...might be a kind of hypnosis so she doesn't forget when she wakes up in the morning.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And this is why I can't help but feel enraged when she tries to explain Trump(base) to us. Nothing , Nothing That is happening will affect her or her family.  She has the privilege of being  rich white and straight.   

• Love 19

I am so tired of Meg-gun putting words in Joy's mouth and assuming she knows exactly how Joy feels about a topic they're discussing prior to Joy having the opportunity to voice her opinion. She does this repeatedly and it is so rude. I truly believe it's part of Meg-gun's quest to get back at Joy because Joy backed Obama.  

I was surprised that Dershowitz didn't totally piss me off today.  I also appreciated his reaction to Meh-gun's incorrect assumption that he has been a Trump supporter all along. He didn't kiss her ass or treat her as if she's from a royal family, so for that I'm thankful.  I'll take anything at this point.

• Love 11

I had never seen a show with Dershowitz before so I couldn't understand why people objected to him.  Yesterday he seemed fine to me.  I guess I'll have to tune in next time he's on cable.

• Love 1
(edited)

So Meghan is excusing and applauding the administration for taking its time reuniting families?  Is she ignoring the fact that it was totally unncessary to begin with?  She latched on to the fact that a number of children have been withheld due to questions about parentage, but this occurred (only) a handful of times during the Obama admin.  I'm not sure if the Trump spokesperson was referring to this or if he is reusing the excuse for the current abhorant policy.  Heartless.

Poor Meggie!  How’s she going to breast feed while she’s on the campaign trail? Whut?????

Is she not aware that women candidates do this all the time?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Poor Meggie!  How’s she going to breast feed while she’s on the campaign trail? Whut?????

How did the whole conversation become about MM again struggling to decide to have children?  I thought that huge dilemma had been decided when MM said months ago she would not have children.  

STFU MM the issue is this administration making a problem then doing a piss poor job of fixing the problem they made. Spare me your, way too much information about sex trafficking ( something else one of her parents is doing but somehow meggie is an expert on)

I almost  cried listening to DL this country feels to be imploding and I'm scared about what's happening. DL can usually make me laugh,  but today I felt his anger and pain. Something I've been feeling too much myself. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

but today I felt his anger and pain. Something I've been feeling too much myself. 

Hey Coffeewinewater, dont let the bastards get you down! Its up to us shut the MM's and their BS rhetoric of this world down!

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So Meghan is excusing and applauding the administration for taking its time reuniting families?  Is she ignoring the fact that it was totally unncessary to begin with?  She latched on to the fact that a number of children have been withheld due to questions about parentage, but this occurred (only) a handful of times during the Obama admin.  I'm not sure if the Trump spokesperson was referring to this or if he is reusing the excuse for the current abhorant policy.  Heartless.

I haven't seen the show but just responding to this point - Forget ignoring that it was unnecessary to begin with. Forget ignoring that they piggy backed on an existing policy and an applied a zero tolerance policy to it which was the cause of all of this in the first place. As she likely reads off a bunch of stats from her blue card, did no one pipe in and mention that the reason they're questioning kids about parentage is because they didn't properly track the families upon separating them and now have no functional mechanism in place to reunite them? Come on. Saying this process is about ensuring that kids aren't being sent back to human traffickers is like the school yard bully that steals your sandwich and takes a bite and when forced to give it back, they claim they were just testing it to make sure it was safe to eat...because I'm suppose to believe that their bad behaviour was ever influenced by good intentions.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I almost  cried listening to DL this country feels to be imploding and I'm scared about what's happening. DL can usually make me laugh,  but today I felt his anger and pain. Something I've been feeling too much myself. 

Me too.  I am not going to watch today.  I am too scared about our immediate future but hopeful in the long run.  To maintain that fragile hope I have to restrict my input.  

• Love 14
(edited)

Oh Joy, my Joy - I'm becoming convinced we were separated at birth.  Not only are we philosophical and political twins, today you selected two of my top-of-the-list favorites for your summer reading list.  It was just last week that I made a mental note that it's time to re-read "The Catcher in the Rye", and Thomas Wolfe's "The Bonfire of the Vanities" ranks right up there.  Had she also pulled out "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", she would have hit my trifecta!  It's becoming a bit bizarre...LOL.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

6 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Hey Coffeewinewater, dont let the bastards get you down! Its up to us shut the MM's and their BS rhetoric of this world down!

4 minutes ago, Wings said:

Me too.  I am not going to watch today.  I am too scared about our immediate future but hopeful in the long run.  To maintain that fragile hope I have to restrict my input.  

We can't get discouraged.  We can't give up.  If for no other reason than I can't let someone like Meghan be so fucking smug about her team winning.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

We can't get discouraged.  We can't give up.  If for no other reason than I can't let someone like Meghan be so fucking smug about her team winning.

I agree we can't give up. It just feels harder some days but too right we must push foward.  

On a positive note,  I have loved all the books the ladies have recommended.  Great ideas. I'd love if they'd do it even after summer, maybe once a month.  

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I haven't seen the show but just responding to this point - Forget ignoring that it was unnecessary to begin with. Forget ignoring that they piggy backed on an existing policy and an applied a zero tolerance policy to it which was the cause of all of this in the first place. As she likely reads off a bunch of stats from her blue card, did no one pipe in and mention that the reason they're questioning kids about parentage is because they didn't properly track the families upon separating them and now have no functional mechanism in place to reunite them? Come on. Saying this process is about ensuring that kids aren't being sent back to human traffickers is like the school yard bully that steals your sandwich and takes a bite and when forced to give it back, they claim they were just testing it to make sure it was safe to eat...because I'm suppose to believe that their bad behaviour was ever influenced by good intentions.

Exactly.  If both parent and child were detained before being separated why weren't corresponding ID bracelets put on their wrists like hospitals do with newborns and their mothers?  Either the people in charge are incompetent or they don't give a fuck.  Either way they deserve to lose their job.  If this happened in any other country it would be a human rights violation.  I'm waiting for another country to come and rescue these children.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Either the people in charge are incompetent or they don't give a fuck.

Full servings of BOTH !!!      A group of smart 7th graders could have planned and executed this project better than our current "leaders."

• Love 22

It was too bad they didn't play a couple more seconds of that clip of the bastard attacking the woman in the Puerto Rico t-shirt.  He jabbed his finger in her face and told her she was not going to change America, no one was going to change America.  Also, the woman, Mia Irizzary, posted the full 36 minute video.  She was completely rational, calm, cool and collected.  The drunk guy was obnoxious, out of control and threatening.  The cop in the video was handling a complaint against drunk guy's drunk friend, who had physically attacked a woman just before.  Hence he ignored what was happening to Mia even though she repeatedly implored him to assist her and get the guy away from her.  She was there with a permit to set up for a birthday party, along with her brother.  The brother had to get the drunk guy to back away.  At one point, Mia says quietly to her bro that if that were a black man haranguing a white woman, the cop would have acted.  Eventually more cops show up and handle the situation.

Which leads me to D.L., who was just excellent today.  Too bad the Faux news set will never read or hear what he says.  Neither will Meggie, since she sat out.  Which was probably for the best.

Whoopi managed to get a another crack in about Sunny's chickens today.

When Meggie tried to explain that everyone needs to give the government time to reunite the children with their parents, Whoopi got angry and went to the point everyone is making here, that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.  Meggie is still playing nice after vacay.  I wonder if her mommy made her watch past episodes of her bad behaviour and coached her on how not to be such a complete bitch when expressing her point of view.  There has definitely been in a change in her tone.

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

That conversation was ridiculous and an insult to women who will never have the resources that MM has. She's trying to explain away the fact that she doesn't want children by telling us how difficult it would be for her to have a baby in a political campaigning cycle. And somehow she compares that to Serena Williams who is an athlete in her mid thirties who has a brutal physical and travel regimen.  Give me a break, you spoiled little girl.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, Kenz said:

That conversation was ridiculous and an insult to women who will never have the resources that MM has. She's trying to explain away the fact that she doesn't want children by telling us how difficult it would be for her to have a baby in a political campaigning cycle. And somehow she compares that to Serena Williams who is an athlete in her mid thirties who has a brutal physical and travel regimen.  Give me a break, you spoiled little girl.

please tell me she didn't really say that....PLEASE!! 

• Love 4