Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 9
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices; “The Ladies Get Lit: Whoopi’s Summer Reads”

Tuesday, July 10
The Political View with Alan Dershowitz (author, “The Case Against Impeaching Trump”); “The Ladies Get Lit: Sunny’s Summer Reads” 

Wednesday, July 11
 D. L. Hughley (author, “How Not to Get Shot”); “The Ladies Get Lit: Joy’s Summer Reads” 

Thursday, July 12 
Day of Hot Topics; “The Ladies Get Lit: Meghan’s Summer Reads”

Friday, July 13
 John Quiñones (ABC News’ “What Would You Do?”); “The Ladies Get Lit: Sara’s Summer Reads”

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh boy, can't wait to see what Meghan's summer reads are.

I'll predict the Declaration of Independence as her #1 pick.

Nah, she'll probably consult some tribe-approved list to make her choices since I don't see her ever picking up a book. Girl doesn't seem too bright going by her daily word abuses.

• Love 15

Alan Douchebag on Tuesday. Are you kidding me? Hope Sunny brings her A game. Some good trolling if her reading list includes Laurence Tribe's (also a Harvard professor) latest book To End a Presidency: The Power of Impeachment.  

• Love 12

I wonder if these are pretaped. If not, I hope they ask Dershowitz about his unbelievably tone-deaf complaint about being shunned by people at Martha's Vineyard. He's one of the ones who helped set OJ free, people really should have been shunning him for decades.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

It will probably be essays from The Federalist, her husband's uber conservative site, with special emphasis on guns, religion, abortion hating Supreme Court nominees, and  super dooper patriotism. 

• Love 16
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, Haleth said:

She probably won't know until someone lists them on a blue card.

• Love 22

Love the suggestions of the Declaration of Independence and her husband's blog. Plus People Magazine so she can love on reality stars and hate on the Hollywood elite.

• Love 10

No, the Declaration of Independence requires (gasp) Revolution! Disobedience! Thinking outside the lines! Meghan has proven, if nothing else, that she enjoys a pack mentality, and strict adherence to authoritarianism. (How "the Maverick" spawned her is such a mystery to me.)

• Love 12
(edited)

D. L. Hughley is very outspoken about the Trump administration, so it'll be entertaining to see Meghan lose her shit (IF she even sits with him during his segment).

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12

Poor Sunny. I can't believe that happened to her and her family/friends. Well, no, sadly I can believe it in today's America. So disgusting. Too bad they didn't stick around for the police to scare the shit out of them like they deserved. Cowards.

• Love 19
On 7/7/2018 at 3:33 PM, ChicagoCita said:

I wonder if these are pretaped. If not, I hope they ask Dershowitz about his unbelievably tone-deaf complaint about being shunned by people at Martha's Vineyard. He's one of the ones who helped set OJ free, people really should have been shunning him for decades.

The shows are LIVE this week, except Friday's episode will most likely be taped on Wed or Thursday. 

• Love 2

I will say the rest seems to have done the ladies some good. Whoopi has been semi-coherent, insightful, and semi-sympathetic to Sunny. Meghan has not mentioned her father (yet, but has mentioned friends-of-hers and people-she-knows) and allows others to talk. Joy is less stressed, and Sara's middle-roadness didn’t seem like wussiness.

Whoopi's book recommendations were actually interesting. I've read some of them already, but the science-fiction/fantasy books sounded really interesting.

• Love 3

What a boring show today. This was clearly Play Nice day where everyone pretended a baby isn't sitting at the right end of the table; they didn't talk about much of anything worth talking about because that might've triggered the baby and counteracted the attempt to pretend that they all like one another. That'll last maybe two days before Meh-gun returns to her normally hateful, rude, unbearable self.

• Love 18

Oh no, another opportunity for Dershowitz to solicit sympathy for his unsocial life. He's been making the TV rounds lately, but I don't think many people are interested in his "boo- hoo, feel sorry for me " act. Too many real problems in this world, who has the time to worry about an unpopular lawyer???

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, cecelia45 said:

Oh no, another opportunity for Dershowitz to solicit sympathy for his unsocial life. He's been making the TV rounds lately, but I don't think many people are interested in his "boo- hoo, feel sorry for me " act. 

Meghan feels his pain.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

I will say the rest seems to have done the ladies some good. Whoopi has been semi-coherent, insightful, and semi-sympathetic to Sunny. Meghan has not mentioned her father (yet, but has mentioned friends-of-hers and people-she-knows) and allows others to talk. Joy is less stressed, and Sara's middle-roadness didn’t seem like wussiness. 

I agree everyone appears to be on good behavior, but I think it has a lot to do with the producers.  I'm thinking they gave everyone a good talking to about civility.  They also stayed clear of the type of topics that get MM going.  I specifically noticed, they did not discuss the upcoming SCOTUS pick or the story that fewer than half of the kids under 5 will be rejoined with their families by the court ordered deadline.  Both pretty prominent stories right now.  

MM couldn't help herself though talking over Joy during the discussion about Sunny's harassment this weekend.  It went on for a uncomfortable amount of time, until Joy finally gave up trying to make her point.    I really feel for Sunny's family.  That's something that would have ruined the weekend for me as well.   

• Love 15

I read When Life Gives You Lulumons.  It's the author's best book since Devil Wears Prada.

1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I specifically noticed, they did not discuss the upcoming SCOTUS pick

That will be tomorrow after Trump announces it tonight.

• Love 1

Sara needs to wear color. That dress was not flattering in style or color. Joy looked great in blue and Sunny's blazer was very lawyer like. No need to comment on MM or Whoopi other than "What Not to Wear." I agree that things seemed artificially subdued today. I don't like a lot of tension but I do crave authenticity. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I read When Life Gives You Lulumons.  It's the author's best book since Devil Wears Prada.

That will be tomorrow after Trump announces it tonight.

I agree about Lululemons :)  I think the lack of Andie and very little of Miranda in the book is why I'm liking this follow up... It's a perfect beach book!

I am intrigued to see what Sara's book list will be since she's such a mixed bag.  I remember being surprised at Jed's list last year where she included 1984 by George Orwell so maybe Meghan will include some interesting choices (I bet a chick lit book will be included).

• Love 4

No, Whoopi!     Those Thai kids aren't stranded in a horrible situation simply because "kids like caves."   They were a soccer team on an organized trip and weather/water changed the course of the flooding in the maze of caverns.  

• Love 19

Poor Sunny! I feel so bad for her. People are out of control.  I've never been one that believed racism was gone or whatever but this stuff is getting crazier.

Sara please don't boost MM's ego.

Like Joy, I took a break from news /politics all week, because I felt like I was going mad. It was so nice and relaxing unfortunately we can't tune out because we have to be aware of everything that's happening but it really helped me.

I was actually suprised I was interested in WG picks.

• Love 9
(edited)

Since Whoopi is dyslexic, are these books she actually reads? Maybe listens to on audio? It all seemed to be a promo rather than from her heart, except for the one about toddlers.

(And seriously, ABC? We can't see a book cover where the word "asshole" is implied on a show that quotes the alleged president as saying "shithole countries"? Seems a little precious to me.)

When they were talking about Pruitt (and his disinclination to believe in climate change or air quality), Joy tried to bring up that it's the hottest the West Coast has ever been, 120 degrees in L.A. Whoopi totally misread it as part of the reminiscing they were doing. Sorry, Joy, we knew what you were getting at.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 10

Whenever I hear Whoopie call MM "Baby" (which she seems to do a lot lately), I keep thinking about Dirty Dancing..."Nobody puts Baby in a corner!". Except, in that movie "Baby" was a young teenager, not a thirty-something know it all. Enough, Whoops....she's ain't no "Baby"!

• Love 17
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

We are not going to back to using coal.  This administration is just pandering to voters in coal producing states.  I should know.  I live in one.

Me too, girl. I hate the pandering and people acting as though the collapse of the coal industry happened just yesterday. The coal industry was told many, many years ago that the end was near and programs were put in place to help people find other jobs and they chose to ignore that and listen to those politicians who pandered to them and made promises they knew that couldn't keep. It's harsh but I have no sympathy for anyone who continues to believe these people.

I'm heartbroken for what happened to Sunny.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Since Whoopi is dyslexic, are these books she actually reads? Maybe listens to on audio?

She has said several times that she'd rather listen to audiobooks and how easy it is for her because she has a driver--and a bus for longer trips.  You can get a lot of listening "on the road."

• Love 6
6 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I'm heartbroken for what happened to Sunny.

It might be a good idea to install (temporarily) security cameras wherever they vacation as a group.  Purchase good ones, some SD cards--learn to use them, and pack them with all other travel items.

• Love 6

I'm so glad Sunny brought up the real reason why Kavanaugh was nominated-- his writings saying a president should not be indicted while serving or be investigated for criminal activity. That is more troubling to me than his stand on RvW.  

Dershowitz didn't sound completely insane.  He actually had some interesting points but I think he was choosing his words to fit the audience, rather than being more frank. Kind of like Kavanaugh last night. (Sara, do your homework!)

Yep, I knew Meghan would zero in on Dershowitz being shunned by the liberal elite. She loves a victim. 

• Love 16
(edited)

Not defending Alan Dershowitz in any way, shape or form but of all the questions Meghan could think to ask him, the best she could come up with is, "defending Trump and being shunned by Martha's Vineyard - was it worth it" ?! I'm no fan of Dershowitz but what a pointless question. Meghan just loves the whole "everyone hates me because I defend Trump sometimes" victim narrative. I really think she feels it proves her point about "Trump Derangement Syndrome."

13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Dershowitz didn't sound completely insane.  He actually had some interesting points but I think he was choosing his words to fit the audience, rather than being more frank. Kind of like Kavanaugh last night. (Sara, do your homework!)

Exactly. He knows what show he's on. And he had to remind everyone that he's a liberal democrat.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Where is everybody???? I usually watch The View with tablet in hand reading this forum's posts. Jalady posted 12 mins ago, but thats it 

Taking a break?  I've had enough of MM, for a while!   

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm so glad Sunny brought up the real reason why Kavanaugh was nominated-- his writings saying a president should not be indicted while serving or be investigated for criminal activity. That is more troubling to me than his stand on RvW.  

Yep, I knew Meghan would zero in on Dershowitz being shunned by the liberal elite. She loves a victim. 

I'm glad Sunny brought that up, too. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Sunny is single-handedly saving this show. Sara is completely useless and Whoopi/Meh-gun are both trainwrecks. The three of them together are basically a new iteration of Whoopi and the Whoopettes with the way they tag team the other two co-hosts and blow smoke up each other's asses. I appreciated Joy's comments today, but it's hard for her to get a word in edgewise these days since Meh-gun deliberately talks over her nonstop. I really don't know if I can make it through a second season of that vile piece of sh*t.

I don't know anything about Dershowitz. What I saw of him on the show today, he doesn't seem that bad? I loved his reaction when Meh-gun tried to call him a Trump supporter: "Oh, God, NO!" I'm sure others who know more about him are justified in their dislike though.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, jalady said:

and we'll be back in the days when only rich women can get legal abortions, because they'll be able to travel to where it's legal.

"Back in the days" most rich women could usually get safe abortions for their daughters/themselves from a local the family doctor* relied on--if they didn't want a sudden vacation.

*Or other hush-hush referrals 

33 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't know anything about Dershowitz.

He's on afternoon news panels on MSNBC and CNN ... usually the lone dissenting voice.  He always seems pissed off, so I'll be interested to see how he is on The View (it's not on yet here).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

"Back in the days" most rich women could usually get safe abortions for their daughters/themselves from a local the family doctor* relied on--if they didn't want a sudden vacation.

Or, if the woman was impregnated by a politician.

• Love 12