Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

Not sure if this has been covered and this is how I married in the US, to be short I came out on a tourist visa got married in the United Stares and then filed for an adjustment of status. I’m guessing the hard part for Azan is getting a visa to begin with. This is not the usual way to do it but it happens a lot. It helped that I came from Australia and we are still together 20 years later. This was pre Trump and pre 9/11 so it might not even be possible

• Love 3
9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nicole go to Morocco, get strung along by Hassan til money runs out and he dumps her. Just hope she does not get knocked up.

I also think the email was bogus. Most government official letters arent addressed. “Dear Nicole”. That would also explain the use of the word “refused” vs the normally used  “denied”. I wonder what signature was used and I would also expect that even if they did send an email, it would have been followed up by a letter. 

They used theusgovernment1776@aol.com

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
59 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

Info on Jacob's condition

The above was from February.  Poor kid was and is still in bad shape!  Apparently he was given only a 5% chance of survival when he was first brought in.  Also, isn't his mother a critical care nurse or something?  Because she'd be a lot better choice to care for him than David and Annie.

April update on Jacob

Poor Jacob!

But David is more focused on the legal, meaning financial, end of this.

Yes, the idiot playing with the gun needs to answer for his stupidity. But l bet David smells a lawsuit. And if he had Jacob living with him and Annie he could claim that they should be compensated also as they had to sacrifice time and energy to care for him. Or try and get control of any settlement Jacob receives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

Did I misunderstand or did Molly say this was the dad's weekend with Kensley and she specifically asked him to switch with her?  If so, that is seriously messed up.   "Let's see how Luweese handles a weekend alone as a stepdad!"  What an idiot.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who briefly thought Family Chantel was accusing Family Pedro of harvesting organs lol

I thought the same thing when Molly said that.  I certainly hope she didn't switch with him so Luis could play daddy. I would really hope Father Kensley would be completely against his daughter being supervised by Howdy Doody.  

Why is Molly forcing this crap?  Dude could not possibly care less about her daughters (or her).  I detest Luis but Molly is a damn fool for creating this situation to begin with.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

Not sure if this has been covered and this is how I married in the US, to be short I came out on a tourist visa got married in the United Stares and then filed for an adjustment of status. I’m guessing the hard part for Azan is getting a visa to begin with. This is not the usual way to do it but it happens a lot. It helped that I came from Australia and we are still together 20 years later. This was pre Trump and pre 9/11 so it might not even be possible

The hard part for Azan is that he DOESNT  WANT to marry Nicole. He just wants her to continue to send him money. I don’t even know if he really wants to come to the US. We know he certainly doesn’t want to have sex on a regular or irregular basis or ever again with Nicole.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Splithair said:

I thought the same thing when Molly said that.  I certainly hope she didn't switch with him so Luis could play daddy. I would really hope Father Kensley would be completely against his daughter being supervised by Howdy Doody.  

Why is Molly forcing this crap?  Dude could not possibly care less about her daughters (or her).  I detest Luis but Molly is a damn fool for creating this situation to begin with.

She’s forcing it to prove that she’s right. That she didn’t get taken advantage of, when it’s clear that he did. With all the evidence proving that, the only reason I can think of for Molly to be so desperate to keep him here is that he must be hung like a horse or have some mad bedroom skills cause  he’s a loser in every other area. And sadly she’s continuing to teach her  girls that having a man in their bed trumps being a successful, intelligent, independent business woman and mother of happy emotionally  healthy children. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Considering what Nicole seems to anticipate with the relationship, maybe, finding an inmate, who can have conjugal visits, who's within driving distance from her apt., might make more sense.  She'd know where he is all the time, he can't escape and she won't have to support him.  Except maybe, some canteen money once in awhile. 

Oh, I almost forgot....if she married an inmate, she could get a gig on one of those shows about Women who marry convicts.  I've seen a few of them.  So, her career could continue.  lol 

Wow...that idea seems to check all the boxes...

• Love 1
(edited)

The man in the preview for next week that is yelling at Nicole is not her grandfather - he is her stepdad and has appeared in several episodes. 

Edited by Splithair
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

If Annie doesn't like American, Mexican food or whatever - cook instead of sitting in a restaurant with black electrical tape for eyebrows souring everyone else's dining experience

LOL!  Double LOL!!

I've traveled all over the planet in my 47 years and I have eaten all kinds of food.  I always make it a point to eat local cuisine.  That being said, I can't stand Thai food.  Too much lemongrass.  Too many peanuts.  Too much galangal.  Too much basil.  Yuck.  I can eat Tom Kha Gai, that's about it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

Ha! My German husband and I did the same thing right about 20 years ago. Our lawyer said it was sometimes easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. He arrived in May and we got married in October. ;-) Good point about that little loophole maybe not existing anymore. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

with a classy blue blood background like that, I'm surprised Mother Chantal was never asked to be on "Real Housewives of Atlanta." 

Hahaha!! This made me laugh very heartily. Mother Chantel, reality star. She's probably grinding her molars to powder at the injustice of it all.

10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Annie actually softened this week, at least momentarily for Jacob's sake.  She doesn't like burgers & fries - has this woman not yet been introduced to a supermarket?  If she can lure David away from the snack cake isle & shop the peripheral she'll see all kinds of real foods - buy some & cook for crap's sake.  Actually I'm sure she has, as she promised Jacob she'd cook him his 'favorite' when he's back from TX (hopefully for her sake it's not burgers).

There is no evidence whatsoever that Annie doesn't cook. I'm sure she does. And when she does, its likely Thai food. Whenever they go to a restaurant, though, David probably picks places like Chili's and Applebee's.  If its all she's been exposed to she can't be faulted for expressing her opinion.

9 hours ago, Horrified said:

Exactly what I thought!  He's going to his Mom's in Texas because she has insurance?!?!  Was that poor kid discharged from the hospital with a bullet in his cheek because there was no money to remove it?  Yikes.  And.....sketchy friend or what? "playing" with a gun and pointing it at Sonny's head?  Did friend get arrested for that I wonder?  Was something more nefarious going on?

Jake is either on his mother's insurance or he isn't. She can't just add him after the fact if he gets hurt or sick.

And yes, the whole "playing with a gun" scenario is fishy AF. And really, the way David talks about it! Like he's talking about the weather.

8 hours ago, iwasish said:

I saw an episode of Wahlburgers and they took the mother to a Dim Sum Chinese restaurant. One of the offerings was chicken feet (perhaps bar b qued or fried). She tried them and seemed to enjoy. My Italian grandmother, way back when my mom and dad first got married, would make her chicken soup with the feet still on the legs..my mom loved the soup til she opened the pot to get more and saw the feet. My grandma was kind enough to reassure  her that she would no longer use the feet if she knew my mom was going to be eating the soup. Whether she actually left them out or just discarded them if my mom would be partaking,I don’t know. There are old family photos of dinners prior to my folks getting married and it appears that grandpa at least would eat the skin and whatever meat (?) there is on a chicken foot. 

I guess my point is in some places the feet are consumed and thought of as either a delicacy or treat of some kind. Not sure really what the intention of Pedros family was.

I live in a city with a large Dominican community and chicken feet are regularly available at the local Market Basket.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I know there was a post about this in another thread, but I'm confused. Is Azan's name Hassan? Chantel's name isn't Chantel? What's the deal and how did you find this out?

I think Azan and Hassan are the same name in Arabic, just spelled differently in Western alphabet letters.  Chantel I don't know about, but considering she has a brother named River and a sister named Winter, I would guess her "real" name would be something like "Forest."

Now.  Nicole.  When you say "I love you" to your boyfriend, and he says "Yes.  Goodnight," it's time to look for a new boyfriend.  I want to know how Nicole is able to pay for another trip to Morocco.  She is a barrista.  She sends money to Azan,who has no job, and she manages to feed herself, god knows.  How much do barristas earn?  Maybe it's something we all should look into.  I could use a low-skills, high-pay job.  Someone upthread posted that TLC doesn't pay much for participating in these shows, and I believe it--otherwise David and Annie wouldn't be in such a mess.  It certainly isn't Teen Mom 2 money.  Surely Nicole's family isn't contributing to her travel fund?

And I totally agree that Azan wrote that email, and that he is not interested in having her come to Morocco to marry him.  Somehow she interprets his objections followed by "Oh, I'll figure it out" as enthusiasm, while it's clear that he sees this particular teat as beginning to run dry and that it's time for him to find another American cash cow.  Nicole's affect astounds me.  Where the hell does a girl--I refuse to call her a woman--who is at least 200 lb overweight, unintelligent and whiney get the self-confidence, the smug assurance that she is lovable by this guy who really hasn't demonstrated love in any significant way, the absolute certainty that she is right and the people who do love her (who all have more real-world experience than does a barrista who has not lived on this earth half as long as they have) are not only wrong, but maliciously wrong because they don't want her to be happy?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mothra said:

I think Azan and Hassan are the same name in Arabic, just spelled differently in Western alphabet letters.  Chantel I don't know about, but considering she has a brother named River and a sister named Winter, I would guess her "real" name would be something like "Forest."

Now.  Nicole.  When you say "I love you" to your boyfriend, and he says "Yes.  Goodnight," it's time to look for a new boyfriend.  I want to know how Nicole is able to pay for another trip to Morocco.  She is a barrista.  She sends money to Azan,who has no job, and she manages to feed herself, god knows.  How much do barristas earn?  Maybe it's something we all should look into.  I could use a low-skills, high-pay job.  Someone upthread posted that TLC doesn't pay much for participating in these shows, and I believe it--otherwise David and Annie wouldn't be in such a mess.  It certainly isn't Teen Mom 2 money.  Surely Nicole's family isn't contributing to her travel fund?

And I totally agree that Azan wrote that email, and that he is not interested in having her come to Morocco to marry him.  Somehow she interprets his objections followed by "Oh, I'll figure it out" as enthusiasm, while it's clear that he sees this particular teat as beginning to run dry and that it's time for him to find another American cash cow.  Nicole's affect astounds me.  Where the hell does a girl--I refuse to call her a woman--who is at least 200 lb overweight, unintelligent and whiney get the self-confidence, the smug assurance that she is lovable by this guy who really hasn't demonstrated love in any significant way, the absolute certainty that she is right and the people who do love her (who all have more real-world experience than does a barrista who has not lived on this earth half as long as they have) are not only wrong, but maliciously wrong because they don't want her to be happy?

I know! That made me cringe, and then he hangs up and she has that self satisfied dreamy look on her face after.  I just want to  shake her.  How can she not hear the dread in his voice?  Who does she think is going to pay for this big wedding she's talking about?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

LOL!  Double LOL!!

I've traveled all over the planet in my 47 years and I have eaten all kinds of food.  I always make it a point to eat local cuisine.  That being said, I can't stand Thai food.  Too much lemongrass.  Too many peanuts.  Too much galangal.  Too much basil.  Yuck.  I can eat Tom Kha Gai, that's about it.

YUM.  You are making me hungry!  I like all those things that you detest, lemongrass, basil, etc.  

Even though it seems mind boggling that Nicole continues with her Azan mission, I suppose that she may just keep insisting on pursuing that relationship as a means to stay on the show.  If she breaks it off, then, that's it.  Her run on the show is done, right?  I can see why that may be a factor with her. Sad that she is not able to see the bigger picture though.  What if she marries Azan in his country, but, he is never able to get to the US?  So, she would either have to stay there, assuming she could, or leave him and continue to be married to a man, who can't come to American.  Then, she may divorce him, but, that's going to cost her more money.  She really hasn't thought this thing through....and I'm not so sure that she has the ability. 

I'm using Azan, since that is how it's spelled on Wikipedia.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90_Day_Fiancé

• Love 2
23 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

The prospective employer is some kind of local political hero so he probably enjoyed the TV time.

I think David's health is worrisome for real. Last time he was 300 pounds, he had a stroke, and now he's five years older, and pushing his way back up there again! 

I'm seriously wondering if the stroke compromised his mental faculties because he did not seem with it at all. Perhaps this really is more of a Regarding David situation? He should have been talking about his contacts in Asia, how he can help them with imports/exports, whatever they need. Kentucky is a bit...insular. He should have been using his international contacts to shine instead of laying a big fat goose egg.

Was it me or did that lawyer's face look very strange?  Like way too much plastic surgery and fake tan for his own good.  Dude looked way too young to have such a...stiff...face. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, lezlers said:

I have a child Kensley's age and couldn't imagine leaving him with someone who openly disliked him and clearly didn't want to be responsible for him for 3 days.  Molly is a horrible mother for even considering that.  Thank god she came to her senses and called her mom.  First smart thing she's done since she's been on this show.

That's the part that drives me nuts.  Even if--maybe especially if--Luis had been even vaguely interested in babysitting Kensley, the fact that she does not like him and makes no bones about it is the big red flag:  do not leave your kid with this guy.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Mothra said:

She is probably getting TANF, plus she works PT, and she has TLC money. I'll bet she has given a few interviews for money also. But also remember, our Nicole doesn't plan for travel like a normal person. Normal people think about all expenses, like plane tickets, food, hotels, transportation, etc. Nicole scrapes enough together for a plane ticket and she's off. I doubt that she has savings to fall back on or a credit card with a big credit line, just in case she finds herself out of the street or in a pickle in a foreign country. Back up plan is not part of her vocabulary. I took a look and it's about $900 to fly from Tampa (closest big airport to Bradenton)  and Marrakesh. That's actually not a lot considering the distance. 

29 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Somehow she interprets his objections followed by "Oh, I'll figure it out" as enthusiasm, while it's clear that he sees this particular teat as beginning to run dry and that it's time for him to find another American cash cow.  Nicole's affect astounds me.  Where the hell does a girl--I refuse to call her a woman--who is at least 200 lb overweight, unintelligent and whiney get the self-confidence, the smug assurance that she is lovable by this guy who really hasn't demonstrated love in any significant way, the absolute certainty that she is right and the people who do love her (who all have more real-world experience than does a barrista who has not lived on this earth half as long as they have) are not only wrong, but maliciously wrong because they don't want her to be happy?

I didn't understand that either. I thought maybe I missed something when she got so giddy after talking to him. A halfhearted "we will see" was not an enthusiastic "yes please come over", but somehow she managed to interpret it that way. Delunsional. Next week I suppose will be wedding dress shopping. Le sigh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Annie actually softened this week, at least momentarily for Jacob's sake.  She doesn't like burgers & fries - has this woman not yet been introduced to a supermarket?  If she can lure David away from the snack cake isle & shop the peripheral she'll see all kinds of real foods - buy some & cook for crap's sake.  Actually I'm sure she has, as she promised Jacob she'd cook him his 'favorite' when he's back from TX (hopefully for her sake it's not burgers).

There is no evidence whatsoever that Annie doesn't cook. I'm sure she does. And when she does, its likely Thai food. Whenever they go to a restaurant, though, David probably picks places like Chili's and Applebee's.  If its all she's been exposed to she can't be faulted for expressing her opinion.

Which is why I added the bolded part above. I don't take any of this crap very seriously; it's all contrived. They also have money from doing the show, so not dirt poor, & the place doesn't look bad for the two of them. There's a TON we don't know about any of these people; we all just go by what we see/hear for discussion sake.

That said, her not liking American food because it's all burgers & fries has been addressed here too as being BS, because it's not all burgers & fries. But if that's all she's having then that's all she knows - but I don't believe any of that either TBH.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

That said, her not liking American food because it's all burgers & fries has been addressed here too as being BS, because it's not all burgers & fries. But if that's all she's having then that's all she knows - but I don't believe any of that either TBH.

But even if it's not all burgers and fries, Thai food is different from American food in ways that I doubt even a mid-level restaurant could duplicate.  I mean, we know that Chinese restaurants in American don't serve real Chinese food; I suspect even Thai restaurants here don't serve real Thai food.  My son's best friend lives in Thailand, and he visits his friend and his wife a couple of times a year.  My kid is interested in cooking, and he takes cooking classes whenever he's in Thailand.  He brings us home Thai ingredients (which I have no idea what to do with and am embarrassed to confess that eventually get thrown out) which are like foodstuffs from another planet.  At the simplest level, Thai food is light; meat or fish is generally more like a garnish than a main dish.  There is tremendous variety in the number of dishes served, not just one platter of meat with some vegetables around it.  I bet Annie can sort of cook Thai food if she's allowed to shop, and if they can afford the fresh ingredients she'd need. 

That said, it's clear from her increased girth that she's eating too much, whether it's burgers and fries or steamed fish.  And David's weight gain is massive, especially compared to what he looked like at his lowest weight.  Waddle waddle.  He must be spending a good bit of money on clothes to keep up with his weight gain.  Of course, we don't know how the two of them are spending their days (apart from the sex, I mean), and Annie gets a pass from me if she's just sitting around because she is kind of trapped in that fire house.  David, otoh, ought to be jogging his fat ass from employment agency to employment agency.

And how about that job interview?  He worked in Personnel?  What the kids call Human Resources?  His four years in Thailand could so easily have been described so that they were a plus:  he taught English, and he was a partner in a successful tourist business.  Is he so proud that he has a young wife that he feels that information will help him get a job?  And a while back someone posted news stories about Chris's foray into politics, and there was some kind of scandal involved, so I wonder if this political guy knew about David from that association?  I would think government would be the one place David would avoid applying to.  He says he's "overqualified" for temp work?  Huh?  That makes no sense to me, unless it means that he expects to be paid more because of his education and experience.  Can he type?  If he can't, he should learn to--you can always get a job if you can touch-type.  But I think people don't want to hire him because he's personally repellent:  his smooth talk jars so with his sloppy fatass waddling appearance, and I'm sorry but it's known that fat people are discriminated against in hiring; this isn't just me fat-shaming.  Would you want to work with that wheedly-voiced creep?  Reminds me of Uriah Heep (Dickens, not the band).

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Mothra said:

He says he's "overqualified" for temp work?  Huh?

Anyone can temp. ANYONE. I used to work in a temp agency. We had people with PhD's working temp. And temping is a haven for weird, socially awkward, can't cope with real life types. If you're a warm body with a pair of hands who can do boring filing or data entry or collate copies they don't care if you have a sparkling personality or not. David is, not surprisingly, full of shit.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Nicole scrapes enough together for a plane ticket and she's off.

How does she manage to get so much time off from work? I know her barrista job is only part time but still you have to be reliable and can't be taking long vacations when ever you feel like it. I don't think she really even has that job any longer. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Rumor has it that her real name is "SeaAir."  Seriously.  It's on the internet.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Mothra said:

He says he's "overqualified" for temp work?  Huh?    

I wonder if temp agencies where he lives only staff for data entry and the like. I'm a licensed attorney and worked with temp agencies, one favorite in particular, for many years before going in-house. There are large law firms that do nothing more than send attorneys on secondments to companies like mine that need temporary help. They pay well and have benefits. There is no way he is too good for a "temp agency." He's just lazy.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Mothra said:

That said, it's clear from her increased girth that she's eating too much, whether it's burgers and fries or steamed fish.  And David's weight gain is massive, especially compared to what he looked like at his lowest weight.  Waddle waddle.  He must be spending a good bit of money on clothes to keep up with his weight gain.  Of course, we don't know how the two of them are spending their days (apart from the sex, I mean), and Annie gets a pass from me if she's just sitting around because she is kind of trapped in that fire house.  David, otoh, ought to be jogging his fat ass from employment agency to employment agency.

Yeah they're obviously eating, and all that strenuous, noisy sex they're having doesn't seem to be working off the calories too well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

How does she manage to get so much time off from work? I know her barrista job is only part time but still you have to be reliable and can't be taking long vacations when ever you feel like it. I don't think she really even has that job any longer. 

I wonder if her barista job is more like on call hours rather than regular hours. When my oldest was working in HS, she got a job at Abercrombie. She had no set schedule, but they would call her if they wanted her to come in that day, the next day, next week, etc. Some weeks she worked a lot, other weeks not at all. But she could say no if she wasn't able. 

15 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Agree 100%. Govt agencies do not email official documents to people. I think Azan put that email together using language he is familiar with either through his or his friends online endeavors. He is trying to figure out a way to string Nicole along for money, but not have to actually come over. When she suggested that they pursue a k3, he was like waahhh, not so fast Nicole. I'm  sure there have been and are currently several Nicoles in azans life, but he probably hasn't encountered Nicole the bulldozer. 

No fan of Asan, but could he have taken a picture of the letter and emailed it to her?

Is nothing on this show real? Let me know when TKC decides to have a season where the fiancés really are into web cams,drug trafficking, and harvesting organs, because I will literally binge watch the snot out of that.

I was puzzled by the Azan/Hassan naming, but figured maybe it was a derivative kind of like how we get Bill from William or Peggy from Margaret. Or maybe he’s just trying to confuse her so she doesn’t know what to put on the marriage license. I’m guessing the home for single mothers will expect Nicole to move out once she’s married.

Annie’s dowry seems a little high, given her background. Especially since it’s probably 2-3 times the average annual income in Thailand. But hey, she started the negotiations high and, well, David showed us in the “interview” his uncanny ability to foul up a business transaction. I’m hoping his son was already on mom’s insurance, and going to TX was to be able to go somewhere “in network” or whatever.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, lezlers said:

Annie seems to speak fluent English.  She can't help her accent.  I'm sure any of us would have pretty thick accents if we were to speak Thai, too.  

Accents get cemented at a certain age. That's why people who learn a second language later in life can't typically master the accent. 

The other weird thing about Nicole and Azan's visa denial -- how long do acceptance/denial's take? When she met with her dad and stepmom she said something about him having the interview a few days ago and they finally got the news. I would think it would take longer than a few days to get notification. I agree it wouldn't come via email. He probably didn't even interview with anyone and is just making this all up. How in the world that "lawyer" would recommend she try for a K-3 when the K-1 was denied is really unfathomable. If they won't let him in single, why would they let him in married? If the "officials" who denied his visa think this is a scam, I guess being married would prove it isn't, but... this whole thing is ridiculous. Where do they find these people? 

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for Annie. She knew David was poor as dirt. We heard her haranguing him in Thailand about finances. Did she really think it would all change once they got to the US?

Watching this show should be required viewing for anyone considering the K-1 visa. They could see that living the dream in the US is quite dependent upon the mate you choose. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2018 at 8:48 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

We may no longer have Mother Chantel's tiny hats to enjoy, but we do have her swanky faux leopard vest. Klassy!

Plus, both Chantel's parental units had very tight, shiny faces (especially her mom). Did they get 2-for-1 touchups at the plastic surgeon before this season? Gotta look good on teevee, bless their hearts.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, AV8n said:

Annie’s dowry seems a little high, given her background. Especially since it’s probably 2-3 times the average annual income in Thailand. But hey, she started the negotiations high and, well, David showed us in the “interview” his uncanny ability to foul up a business transaction. I’m hoping his son was already on mom’s insurance, and going to TX was to be able to go somewhere “in network” or whatever.

She wasn't exactly a vestal virgin, was she? Kinda surprised her family didn't pay HIM to take HER.

David is childlike and kind of dotty and it seems as if he as zoomed on into the direction of selfishness. Times that they do a closeup on his face and it's just like not all the lights are on at home. I'm guessing it was always this way, but perhaps it got worse after the stroke? I hope I'm wrong about that.

Most likely, it's the alcoholism although perhaps he figured out that he has to keep it behind closed doors and off camera. If it's drinking then it's something that he can stop doing and get some of his brain back if he doesn't already have a wet brain.

I think it was Gavin Mac who mentioned heavy alcohol consumption could be compatible with the Thailand expat lifestyle if the person allowed it? Can't remember exactly what he said.

I feel like Samantha on Bewitched paging Dr. Bombay, "Paging Gavin Mac! Emergency, come right away!"

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2

What surprises me about Pao's miscarriage is that she allowed herself to become pregnant in the first place.  I can go either way on the miscarriage.  Many women miscarry, especially with their first pregnancies, so it's entirely believable to me that she had a miscarriage and that she learned she had some condition that would complicate pregnancy.  OTOH I also could believe that her miscarriage was a botched abortion attempted by her and her Colombian girlfriends in Miami.  They are all "models" whose careers--oops I mean "careers"--would suffer if they became pregnant, and I would not be surprised if they had access to drugs that could induce a "miscarriage."  Then Pao would go to the hospital and get the news about her blood anomalies.  We have never, ever heard Pao talk about having a baby, only about making it as the next Cindy Crawford.

And who knew Pao's mother was Meryl Streep?!!

It is despicable that Pao did not talk to her family for four years.  There is no excuse or even explanation for that.  Their hurt was so obvious, I felt awful for them.  And they couldn't believe Pao would willingly ice them out, that's how awful it was for them.  I wonder if she was simply embarrassed about being poor.  And god almighty I'm tired of hearing how awful Kansas was.  Or Oklahoma or wherever the fuck Russ is from.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

I know for a fact that it is extremely difficult to prove your child is unfit to raise his/her own child(ren).  My child is estranged from his entire family, and we can't even get visitation, despite criminal activity and far too many other issues to list here.  Nicole doesn't seem like a very good mother to me...oh, who am I kidding, she seems like a crappy mother...but nothing she is doing is reason enough for authorities to remove Mae from her care.

It varies from location to location.  A former co-worker got custody of their grandchild because their daughter was about on-par with Nicole, intelligence wise, and couldn't be trusted.

20 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I live in an area with a sizable Dominican population, and everyone says "the DR". Just a data point. I loathe family Chantel, for many reasons, but saying 
"the DR" isn't one! What kills me is that they say "The Dominican"! WTF?? Where did they get that? 

I once knew someone who moved to the DR for a few years - she got wrapped up with some shady guy, and he had to flee, and that's where they ended up.  She always called it "The Dominican", so maybe it's a thing for ex-pats or something.

16 hours ago, Horrified said:

Exactly what I thought!  He's going to his Mom's in Texas because she has insurance?!?!  Was that poor kid discharged from the hospital with a bullet in his cheek because there was no money to remove it?  Yikes.  And.....sketchy friend or what? "playing" with a gun and pointing it at Sonny's head?  Did friend get arrested for that I wonder?  Was something more nefarious going on?

The bullet is going to have to stay there until the trauma starts to calm down and the swelling starts to subside.  Then he'll need special surgery to not leave a gaping scar on his face, and not damage his facial nerves.  I would bet that her son is covered under her insurance no matter what, but it may not have a good network of doctors in Kentucky to work on him, plus his mom is a nurse, so he's better off there for the time being.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Mothra said:

What surprises me about Pao's miscarriage is that she allowed herself to become pregnant in the first place.  I can go either way on the miscarriage.  Many women miscarry, especially with their first pregnancies, so it's entirely believable to me that she had a miscarriage and that she learned she had some condition that would complicate pregnancy.  OTOH I also could believe that her miscarriage was a botched abortion attempted by her and her Colombian girlfriends in Miami.  They are all "models" whose careers--oops I mean "careers"--would suffer if they became pregnant, and I would not be surprised if they had access to drugs that could induce a "miscarriage."  Then Pao would go to the hospital and get the news about her blood anomalies.  We have never, ever heard Pao talk about having a baby, only about making it as the next Cindy Crawford.

And who knew Pao's mother was Meryl Streep?!!

It is despicable that Pao did not talk to her family for four years.  There is no excuse or even explanation for that.  Their hurt was so obvious, I felt awful for them.  And they couldn't believe Pao would willingly ice them out, that's how awful it was for them.  I wonder if she was simply embarrassed about being poor.  And god almighty I'm tired of hearing how awful Kansas was.  Or Oklahoma or wherever the fuck Russ is from.

I agree that it’s strange that Pao managed to be with Russ for all this time and not get pregnant and suddenly  just as her carrreeer is taking off, boom she’s knocked up. I suspect she lied about being pregnant and miscarrying. It would help if we knew if Russ was there or just happened to be away.  But whatever,  something stinks. “Weak limbs” what kind of blood disorder causes that? 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I'm surprised they're having sex.

And then there’s this.... 

• Love 7

I'm going to choose to believe that David Poor's son is going to be with his mom because with her insurance, they only cover urgent and emergency care and they'd have to submit all kinds of claims information for it. So it makes sense for him to go where the insurance is based and see everyone in the local network. 

Thanks for the link to the article. It does seem like David is far more interested in financial compensation than in justice or moving forward. Dude can smell a windfall from a lawsuit a mile off. 

I suspect Annie was prodded to make the snark about "burgers and fries," but it's also possible that she's only been to shitty chain restaurants...and of course, the always present commercials for Applebees, Chilis, and the like. I'm imagining myself living in another country and you bet your sweet bippy I'd be out at the supermarket buying stuff to make the foods I ate at home. When I travel, I seem to miss the stupid bad-for-me snack food. It's totally dumb, but there it is. 

• Love 3

I would totally respect David if he were working at Walmart or Costco, etc...and continue looking for something in his chosen field but I really hope in his next interview he does not do his Eyore imitation again.  Telling the interviewer all your health issues and that you are out of money is the fastest way to not get hired or maybe he wanted to blow the interview so he can still hang out with Annie.

Is David really going to be on the streets if he does not pay his rent?  It will be a first to have a homeless couple on 90 Day.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mothra said:

Bravo to everything you wrote. Someone else mentioned this re Nicole, but I think she operates solely with/by her id, the pleasure principle which desirable impulse should be satisfied immediately, regardless of consequences. That sounds just like her. Everyone else’s VALID concerns are stupid, the overgrown child who obviously hasn’t had to actually fully pay her own way thru life knows it all. 

• Love 4

I think Nicole is perfectly capable of holding down a decent job, she just doesn't want to. I don't see any sort of mental or intellectual disability there. She's lazy and selfish and enabled/babied by the people around her. Unfortunately none of that is a reason for custody of her daughter to be taken away from her.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Maybe the manager knows her family & hired her as a favor but doesn’t really care (or want her to) if she bothers to show up. If she wants to come play barista, fine. If not, fine. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I think Nicole is perfectly capable of holding down a decent job, she just doesn't want to. I don't see any sort of mental or intellectual disability there. She's lazy and selfish and enabled/babied by the people around her. Unfortunately none of that is a reason for custody of her daughter to be taken away from her.

It’s all about what Nicole wants. Her wants come first, everything and everyone else doesn’t  matter. Flash forward several years and May will be exactly where Olivia and Kinsly are now, but in not as nice a house. Nicole has the same bulldog tenacity towards Azan that    Molly has with Luis and Danielle with Mohammed. And if Azan escapes her clutches, it will be whomever her latest obsession is.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I think there's something not all there with Nicole AND she's lazy, selfish and enabled.  For whatever reason she's never been allowed to fall on her ass. (I think now it's because of May.) It's hard to do, but if they had allowed her to stumble and/or fall, she'd be better off for it.

She definitely could hold down a regular job, but I'm sure she is unreliable and would completely suck at it because she spends all her brainpower on thinking about her timeless love with Azan. She's like a lovestruck 12 year old, dreaming of falling for someone in a boy band. I think she has a rich fantasy life, and she just can't see reality. This   "hot" Moroccan is in love with her. She fills in every blank with her wants and desires, not reality. Think about how she laughs off all his comments about her weight and eating healthy. She lives in a dream world. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Rumor has it that her real name is "SeaAir." 

That is better than Swamp

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

A former co-worker got custody of their grandchild because their daughter was about on-par with Nicole, intelligence wise, and couldn't be trusted.

I think her parents and any other relatives or friends who have enabled her behavior and not doing anything about May should not be trusted to take care of her either.

They already raised Nicole and that is enough proof for me.  The poor kid sadly has little chance for a decent life and to grow into a productive and healthy adult.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, iwasish said:

It’s all about what Nicole wants. Her wants come first, everything and everyone else doesn’t  matter. Flash forward several years and May will be exactly where Olivia and Kinsly are now, but in not as nice a house. Nicole has the same bulldog tenacity towards Azan that    Molly has with Luis and Danielle with Mohammed. And if Azan escapes her clutches, it will be whomever her latest obsession is.

I see her more as Danielle (Mohammad) territory.  Molly has some business smarts, had a reality show about their bra store, and the store is still open during a really rocky economy.

30 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I think there's something not all there with Nicole AND she's lazy, selfish and enabled.  For whatever reason she's never been allowed to fall on her ass. (I think now it's because of May.) It's hard to do, but if they had allowed her to stumble and/or fall, she'd be better off for it.

She definitely could hold down a regular job, but I'm sure she is unreliable and would completely suck at it because she spends all her brainpower on thinking about her timeless love with Azan. She's like a lovestruck 12 year old, dreaming of falling for someone in a boy band. I think she has a rich fantasy life, and she just can't see reality. This   "hot" Moroccan is in love with her. She fills in every blank with her wants and desires, not reality. Think about how she laughs off all his comments about her weight and eating healthy. She lives in a dream world. 

At least her family isnt paying for a cute apartment for her.  I mean, she seems too dull to notice what a shithole she lives in, but man..its the WORST.

• Love 2

Nicole most likely doesn't pay much, if any, rent, given the place is owned by her grandfather's church, & I would guess with her small salary most of her needs (& wants) are being funded by her parents (& TLC to keep this train wreck going). She probably also has free babysitting, for work, or those times she has to get out to 'cheat on Azan'. She lives in a bubble where she's well cared for but under the illusion of independence. If she lived in the real world, truly on her own with her situation, it's doubtful she'd have the time or funds to be picking up foreign boy toys. She's a manipulator who hangs her daughter (who she cares so much about she's willing to dump for a year to go overseas & marry someone who doesn't really want her) over her parents' heads so they will continue to enable her selfish fantasy life. She's a delusional mess who will either never wake up or eventually fall down hard (hopefully not on top of poor May).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Someday, a child molester will be flashing a few smiles her way, and May will be served on a silver platter. because ''My World 2.0/3.0/4.0 can do no wrong, and he said he looooved me!''

• Love 6
2 hours ago, NinaH said:

Maybe the manager knows her family & hired her as a favor but doesn’t really care (or want her to) if she bothers to show up. If she wants to come play barista, fine. If not, fine. 

Well, that's a far fetched scenario, and highly doubtful. 

• Love 1